Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Teresa Giudice Talk About Her New Year's Resolutions Like She's Not About To Go To Prison

• Start Topic

Really?  She was good in orientation?  Wow.

She may have been "good" in orientation but I'd bet real money that she has not yet earned any time off for good behavior. That doesn't happen right away.

She may have been "good" in orientation but I'd bet real money that she has not yet earned any time off for good behavior. That doesn't happen right away.

I think Lab was kidding. She hasn't earned time off yet. But I don't see a Feb. '16 release date as special treatment, or really a big deal. Getting the prison sentence was the big deal - the humiliation, the mug shot, the loss of freedom, the lie to her kids...

• Love 3

2 months off her sentence is still over a year in prison. The 2 months is no big whoop in my opinion.

I go back and forth between feeling bad for her and feeling like she's exactly where she should be.

I would give up good money to be a fly on the wall at that prison right now. I want to see how she's handling this. I just finished Piper Kerman's book. I'm trying to picture Teresa wearing clothes that so many other women have worn and sleeping on a piece of foam that hundreds of other women have slept on. For somebody who thought it was gross to live in a "used" house, she must be going crazy.

I really think Teresa thought this would be like the "celebrities" who've been sentenced to 30 days for DUI or whatever, they turn themselves in then get released a few hours later.

I don't think she ever imagined she'd actually do real time.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7

I think Lab was kidding. She hasn't earned time off yet. But I don't see a Feb. '16 release date as special treatment, or really a big deal. Getting the prison sentence was the big deal - the humiliation, the mug shot, the loss of freedom, the lie to her kids...

Oops!  My bad!

Sorry Lab!

It's so damn cold.  I must have lost my sense of humor today.

LotusFlower, so this isn't true then? I wondered how she got time off for good behavior already. She must have been very good....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6436368

LotusFlower, so this isn't true then? I wondered how she got time off for good behavior already. She must have been very good....http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6436368

No, it's true, but here's how I think it works: When a prisoner enters a facility and starts their sentence, they are entered into the BOP database with their expected release date based on their sentence, minus the 15% time off for good behavior. That doesn't mean she doesn't have to earn it; it's just the standard procedure for the databse. Obviously, if she messes up, the calculation changes, and the database is adjusted. I figured this out by a) looking at Apollo Nida's release date, which is just under 7 years when he received an 8 year sentence; and b) from reading this:

Question: How will my client’s release date be calculated?

Answer: BOP staff will determine when your client’s federal

sentence began and how many days of prior custody credit (“jail

credit”) should be awarded to the federal sentence. They will

also subtract the number of good conduct time days your client is

projected to earn, which depends on the sentencing scheme under

which your client was sentenced.

• Love 7

I have put this in other threads, but in case someone here hasn't seen it....

When a federal inmate goes through intake and A&O, his or her sentence is calculated with the maximum amount of good conduct time allowed by law.  Her release date posted is her sentence minus her max GCT.  During her sentence, if she commits an offense and she goes before the discipline hearing officer, that officer may or may not sanction her with loss of GCT.  (Lower level offenses can be heard by her unit team, but they do not have the authority to sanction loss of GCT.)  If/when that happens, the inmate systems department will recalculate her release date and change it in the public record.  

Inmates don't actually "earn" GCT, they are all given the same amount (depending on length of sentence) upon arrival.  So, Teresa has not been given a reduced sentence or been good enough to earn time off.

ETA:  Just saw LotusFlower's response.  ^^  Pretty close to correct, although inmates don't technically earn it.  They are all given the time, but it is up to them to keep it.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 5

Haha, Lotus, I loved that you sleuthed Apollo too!  And you are sharp, you figured it out pretty well.  

Just FYI, my source is the ten years I served in a federal prison in Texas.  I was staff, but my sentence was still

too long.  :-P

Edited by Olive
  • Love 7

I have put this in other threads, but in case someone here hasn't seen it....

When a federal inmate goes through intake and A&O, his or her sentence is calculated with the maximum amount of good conduct time allowed by law.  Her release date posted is her sentence minus her max GCT.  During her sentence, if she commits an offense and she goes before the discipline hearing officer, that officer may or may not sanction her with loss of GCT.  (Lower level offenses can be heard by her unit team, but they do not have the authority to sanction loss of GCT.)  If/when that happens, the inmate systems department will recalculate her release date and change it in the public record.  

Inmates don't actually "earn" GCT, they are all given the same amount (depending on length of sentence) upon arrival.  So, Teresa has not been given a reduced sentence or been good enough to earn time off.

ETA:  Just saw LotusFlower's response.  ^^  Pretty close to correct, although inmates don't technically earn it.  They are all given the time, but it is up to them to keep it.

So if I understand the federal sentencing rules correctly Teresa is eligible for a halfway house or home confinement after she has served 90% of her sentence?  I guess the rule is 6 months or 10%-they cap out at a maximum of 6 months? 

• Love 1

Haha, Lotus, I loved that you sleuthed Apollo too!

Just FYI, my source is the ten years I served in a federal prison in Texas.  I was staff, but my sentence was still

And who says Real Housewives isn't educational tv? I love having a real expert here. Pls. hang out more! (Unless you consider it time added on to your sentence, of course).

• Love 1

zoeysmom, you have it right.  10% but no more than 6 months.  And she could be approved for either halfway house or home confinement.  I won't be surprised if she gets the coveted home confinement, and honestly (as much as I'd hate it) I wouldn't think she is necessarily getting any sort of special treatment.  When I was in, it was very common for inmates with similar offenses to be approved.

Lotus, if I am an expert, we are in trouble!  Haha.  I love hanging out on message boards but I don't always feel like I have much to contribute.  Luckily the topic of prison life came up.  What a great thing to have knowledge about.  (I am always looking for an eyeroll smilie too haha)

• Love 2

zoeysmom, you have it right.  10% but no more than 6 months.  And she could be approved for either halfway house or home confinement.  I won't be surprised if she gets the coveted home confinement, and honestly (as much as I'd hate it) I wouldn't think she is necessarily getting any sort of special treatment.  When I was in, it was very common for inmates with similar offenses to be approved.

Lotus, if I am an expert, we are in trouble!  Haha.  I love hanging out on message boards but I don't always feel like I have much to contribute.  Luckily the topic of prison life came up.  What a great thing to have knowledge about.  (I am always looking for an eyeroll smilie too haha)

Thanks Olive.

So if Teresa is sentenced to home confinement does that mean Joe would be reporting straight away?  I am wondering if the BOC/BOP allows a single mother home with minor children or if there has to be someone who is currently not under alternative incarceration present.

I guess it all depends on what type of home Teresa has in a year.  I would think if they are living with relatives home confinement may not be available.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Just FYI, my source is the ten years I served in a federal prison in Texas.

I think you should have left the remaining part of your post off.  Ya know...the part about being staff.  LOL.  Every forum needs a real life felon.  I joke.

Welcome, Olive!  .

• Love 3

I've been wondering, since Teresa was sentenced, about her two-year probation after she serves her 15 mos in prison.  Is that part true (I hope)?  Because I only read it in people magazine and may be one other place.  Her probation is not talked about which from my understanding also has some rules, regulations and restrictions (like checking in with a parole officer and being monitored) which kind of makes me happy.  Or is probation following a prison sentence standard protocol?

YKAZ8yD.jpg

Edited by mpeeps

Luckily the topic of prison life came up.  What a great thing to have knowledge about.  (I am always looking for an eyeroll smilie too haha)

Olive, do you have any thoughts on HOW or why the mug shot of Teresa was scrubbed from the internet?  If it was real, and I believe it was, it had to come from inside.  I would imagine the feds have a way to track who leaked it.  Any experience with someone leaking prisoner info from a federal pen?

ETA:  Did you happen to see it?  We were all kind of wondering if it was authentic because she was wearing jewelry, looks like she was made-up.  Possibly still wearing a wig or weave. Thoughts?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

Thanks Olive.

So if Teresa is sentenced to home confinement does that mean Joe would be reporting straight away?  I am wondering if the BOC/BOP allows a single mother home with minor children or if there has to be someone who is currently not under alternative incarceration present.

I guess it all depends on what type of home Teresa has in a year.  I would think if they are living with relatives home confinement may not be available.

This is where things start to get different and hard to understand/explain.  The BOP doesn't really have anything to do with what happens to Teresa after she is released (be it to halfway house/home confinement or at the end of her sentence) other than preparing her paperwork for approval to the various outside authorities.  Teresa will, together with her case manager and unit team, apply for her halfway house or home confinement through the regional community corrections manager.  She will also have her release plan approved by her probation officer.  (Federal probation is actually called supervised release, and to answer another question I saw yes, it is standard that every inmate have a period of supervised release after his or her sentence is served.)   I am not sure what the statutes actually say regarding home confinement and living arrangements, but whatever it is Teresa is applying for will have to be approved by her probation officer, and if that person doesn't see her being successful on home confinement with Joe in the house, she can be denied placement.  

I believe Joe will not start his sentence until she has successfully completed community corrections (halfway house/home confinement) because if she violates any terms of community corrections, she will be sent back to prison to serve out the remainder of her sentence.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 2

From my understanding, according to the BOP's handbook someone here attached, you can't just go and visit without approval through an application process which could take 3 weeks.  Unless Teresa submitted those papers in advance (which I doubt), I can't see how her family can just go and visit this weekend without having to wait for approval to be cleared?  On her interview with Andy on WWHL, the dimwit seem to think her kids can come any time, like there was an open door policy like they were visiting her on the set of one of her infamous photo shoots.  From my understanding, the visiting process is strict and rigid with limited physical contact too with your visitors.  She has to be in for a rude awakening sooner or later if not already!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Love 1

Is the 10% of her sentence remaining off of the original 15 months or the reduced sentence with the good behavior time included?  I keep seeing Teresa's attorney say that Teresa will likely be home in December 2015 before Christmas because she can be released early to a halfway house/home confinement.  Is the sentence reduced by 15% and then by 10% on top of that?

• Love 1

I am leaning toward thinking the picture of Teresa was real; that she is that short; that we saw her real hair (it's always been thick and, honestly, great); that the jewelry was her one, allowed "religious medallion"; that she was wearing the makeup she walked in wearing.

• Love 2

From my understanding, according to the BOP's handbook someone here attached, you can't just go and visit without approval through an application process which could take 3 weeks.  Unless Teresa submitted those papers in advance (which I doubt), I can't see how her family can just go and visit this weekend without having to wait for approval to be cleared?  On her interview with Andy on WWHL, the dimwit seem to think her kids can come any time, like there was an open door policy like they were visiting her on the set of one of her infamous photo shoots.  From my understanding, the visiting process is strict and rigid with limited physical contact too with your visitors.  She has to be in for a rude awakening sooner or later if not already!

Approval of Visitors: Inmates are given a Visiting List form to complete and return to the Correctional Counselor. Verified immediate family members identified in your Pre-Sentence Investigation will usually be approved promptly. Immediate family members include father, mother, step-parents, sisters, brothers, spouse, children, and grandparents who raised you. Children under the age of sixteen do not have to be on an approved list but must be accompanied by an approved adult.

ADMISSION & ORIENTATION

HANDBOOK  page 24 (bold by me)  http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/DAN_aohandbook.pdf

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

LotusFlower, so this isn't true then? I wondered how she got time off for good behavior already. She must have been very good....http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6436368

I love reading the comment sections after these articles. One person thought her sentence was too harsh, a month would have been fine. This person's reasoning was same as Tre's, she didn't realize what she was signing, just doing what Joe said.... Poster said she doesn't watch show but they are good parents. I'm reading that as just because you are a good parent, you shouldn't go to jail. Did this person grasp the reality of what the Juicy's did? Like we all said, they should have gotten more time & have to serve every minute of it. Many others are serving much more time for lesser crimes. It just baffles me people can think like these posters but I know they are out there & they will be waiting at the gate when she gets released.

• Love 3

This is where things start to get different and hard to understand/explain.  The BOP doesn't really have anything to do with what happens to Teresa after she is released (be it to halfway house/home confinement or at the end of her sentence) other than preparing her paperwork for approval to the various outside authorities.  Teresa will, together with her case manager and unit team, apply for her halfway house or home confinement through the regional community corrections manager.  She will also have her release plan approved by her probation officer.  (Federal probation is actually called supervised release, and to answer another question I saw yes, it is standard that every inmate have a period of supervised release after his or her sentence is served.)   I am not sure what the statutes actually say regarding home confinement and living arrangements, but whatever it is Teresa is applying for will have to be approved by her probation officer, and if that person doesn't see her being successful on home confinement with Joe in the house, she can be denied placement.  

I believe Joe will not start his sentence until she has successfully completed community corrections (halfway house/home confinement) because if she violates any terms of community corrections, she will be sent back to prison to serve out the remainder of her sentence.

Thanks Olive.  I am thinking Joe and Teresa won't be allowed to honeymoon for a month and a half before he begins his sentence-only because his state sentence is tied to the federal sentence.  It must be a weird dynamic-Joe feeling guilty about Teresa going to prison and also knowing when she has done her time -it is his turn.  I am sure Joe will have a full on alcohol problem by the time he goes to prison.

I love reading the comment sections after these articles. One person thought her sentence was too harsh, a month would have been fine. This person's reasoning was same as Tre's, she didn't realize what she was signing, just doing what Joe said.... Poster said she doesn't watch show but they are good parents. I'm reading that as just because you are a good parent, you shouldn't go to jail. Did this person grasp the reality of what the Juicy's did? Like we all said, they should have gotten more time & have to serve every minute of it. Many others are serving much more time for lesser crimes. It just baffles me people can think like these posters but I know they are out there & they will be waiting at the gate when she gets released.

Where were they when she was sentenced?  Where were they when she was selling her Fabellini, last cookbook, baked goods and Italian specialty foods and ice cream bars?  Her fans seem to be the type to express themselves on a few sites but are doing little else these days to truly support her. 

• Love 1

Agreed that many of the comments are entertaining, Barb23.  IMO both Teresa's fans and anti-fans have a couple things in common - their zealousness and their willingness to believe any online article.

Maybe I'm naive, but I do believe that the judge handed down a fair sentence.

• Love 3

I hadn't read the comments. There are several defending her! But for some reason, I hear very young voices when I read them. I can't explain why. Perhaps it's because the seem so innocent...she's a mom, she didn't mean to, she's a good person. Oh my...

• Love 2

So many questions!  I love it.  I have been away from the board most of the day, and I am going to do my best to answer all the questions.  If I miss any, please let me know.  I love the welcome I've gotten.  Thank you ladies!

Olive, do you have any thoughts on HOW or why the mug shot of Teresa was scrubbed from the internet?  If it was real, and I believe it was, it had to come from inside.  I would imagine the feds have a way to track who leaked it.  Any experience with someone leaking prisoner info from a federal pen?

ETA:  Did you happen to see it?  We were all kind of wondering if it was authentic because she was wearing jewelry, looks like she was made-up.  Possibly still wearing a wig or weave. Thoughts?

I did not see the mug shot.  However, inmates are allowed a religious piece and I think a cross necklace would count as that.  Also, female inmates are allowed to buy and keep cosmetics from the commissary.  Since they can't really express themselves with dress, they really play up the face and hair.  I am not sure if the mug shot is part of the public record, but I can guarantee you if a staff member leaked a photo he or she will be investigated and disciplined.  I doubt they would be fired, though.  It takes a lot to be fired from a government job.  We used to joke that you either had to have sex with an inmate or bring in contraband to get fired.

• Love 2

Is the 10% of her sentence remaining off of the original 15 months or the reduced sentence with the good behavior time included?  I keep seeing Teresa's attorney say that Teresa will likely be home in December 2015 before Christmas because she can be released early to a halfway house/home confinement.  Is the sentence reduced by 15% and then by 10% on top of that?

If she is granted home confinement she will begin that part of her sentence before her release date.  Her release date from community corrections will be the February release date that has been posted.  So yes, she could be home for Christmas, although heavily supervised.  

If she is released to home confinement, she will only be permitted to leave the house for work.  If she is in a halfway house, she will be required to be in the facility unless she is working.  Work has to be approved by the community corrections manager and her probation officer.

• Love 1

Approval of Visitors: Inmates are given a Visiting List form to complete and return to the Correctional Counselor. Verified immediate family members identified in your Pre-Sentence Investigation will usually be approved promptly. Immediate family members include father, mother, step-parents, sisters, brothers, spouse, children, and grandparents who raised you. Children under the age of sixteen do not have to be on an approved list but must be accompanied by an approved adult.

ADMISSION & ORIENTATION

HANDBOOK  page 24 (bold by me)  http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/DAN_aohandbook.pdf

Yep, anyone mentioned in her pre-sentence report will be approved almost instantly unless he or she is a co-defendant.  I believe Joe is a co-defendant so his approval would have to go through more channels.  It will be very quick though, and I doubt seriously they would not approve him for her visitor or phone list.  

When Joe goes to prison, it may be harder to have Teresa approved for visits and calls, as inmates are typically forbidden from writing, calling, and visiting other inmates within 2 years of their release from prison.  There are occasions in which they are approved, and being husband/wife co-parents would be one.

Side note:  A pre-sentence report is the most interesting thing in an inmate's record.  Whenever a new inmate was added to my caseload the first thing I would do was read the PSI (pre-sentence investigation report.)  It contains information on the inmate beginning with birth (or early childhood) all the way through conviction.  It also contains information that may or may not have been relevant for the case, which means info that never made it into the public record via trial transcripts.  In the case of a very famous mobster, the report filled 4 file folders and contained newspaper clippings and information on an episode of Law & Order "ripped" from the headlines of his story.  Also, he was by far the best behaved and most respectful inmate I ever had on my caseload.

• Love 4

Side note:  A pre-sentence report is the most interesting thing in an inmate's record.  Whenever a new inmate was added to my caseload the first thing I would do was read the PSI (pre-sentence investigation report.)  It contains information on the inmate beginning with birth (or early childhood) all the way through conviction.  It also contains information that may or may not have been relevant for the case, which means info that never made it into the public record via trial transcripts.  In the case of a very famous mobster, the report filled 4 file folders and contained newspaper clippings and information on an episode of Law & Order "ripped" from the headlines of his story.  Also, he was by far the best behaved and most respectful inmate I ever had on my caseload.

What? SPILL!! (Although I I'm guessing you can't). Can you at least tell us the Law & Order episode? This is juicy!

P.S. I didn't realize the new info. re: supervised release. I'm wondering what criteria she has to meet, and how early can she get released, if her application is successful? Is there a formula used?

• Love 2

Lotus, sorry if I confused you.  Supervised release is different from community corrections placement.  Community corrections is either halfway house or home confinement placement, and she can be eligible for that before her final release date.  For example, if she is approved for one month of community corrections, she will start that placement on January 6, 2016, and be released on her final release date of February 5.  After that, she will be on supervised release (probation) for the amount of time ordered by the judge.  During supervised release, she will be subject to urinalysis, home visits, work visits, and other supervision by her probation officer.  If she violates any conditions of her supervised release, she will be ordered to appear before her presiding judge who can then render another sentence for her violation.

As for the Law & Order episode I referenced, I'll give you a hint.......It was part of season 8 which aired in 1998 (RIP Jerry Orbach - you will always be Lennie Briscoe to me!) and involves Central Park, bath robes, and feigned mental illness.  That's all I'm sayin'. ;-)

Edited by Olive
  • Love 4

If she is granted home confinement she will begin that part of her sentence before her release date.  Her release date from community corrections will be the February release date that has been posted.  So yes, she could be home for Christmas, although heavily supervised.  

If she is released to home confinement, she will only be permitted to leave the house for work.  If she is in a halfway house, she will be required to be in the facility unless she is working.  Work has to be approved by the community corrections manager and her probation officer.

Do you think Teresa will be allowed to resume filming the RHNJ show? I can't see this type of show, drama/booze filled, as something they, her "cc manager" would care for.  

Yep, anyone mentioned in her pre-sentence report will be approved almost instantly unless he or she is a co-defendant.  I believe Joe is a co-defendant so his approval would have to go through more channels.  It will be very quick though, and I doubt seriously they would not approve him for her visitor or phone list.  

When Joe goes to prison, it may be harder to have Teresa approved for visits and calls, as inmates are typically forbidden from writing, calling, and visiting other inmates within 2 years of their release from prison.  There are occasions in which they are approved, and being husband/wife co-parents would be one.

Do you think any of Teresa's interviews, WWHL or the tabloids, where she blames everyone else will come into play for her getting home release or going to a halfway house before Christmas this year? Also, what if Teresa/Joe have not agreed on a payment plan for the $214K they still owe the courts, can that affect her release date and/or where she will go to when released?

• Love 2

Lotus, sorry if I confused you.  Supervised release is different from community corrections placement.  Community corrections is either halfway house or home confinement placement, and she can be eligible for that before her final release date.  For example, if she is approved for one month of community corrections, she will start that placement on January 6, 2016, and be released on her final release date of February 5.  After that, she will be on supervised release (probation) for the amount of time ordered by the judge.  During supervised release, she will be subject to urinalysis, home visits, work visits, and other supervision by her probation officer.  If she violates any conditions of her supervised release, she will be ordered to appear before her presiding judge who can then render another sentence for her violation.

No, you didn't confuse me - I got the terms messed up. "Community corrections placement" is a new one for me, and I'm a Law & Order junkie! (More on that later!). I'm guessing Teresa will most definitely apply for placement at home or in a halfway house, and I'm guessing she'll get it, which means she might indeed leave Danbury before Christmas, like the new mouthpiece was saying, or maybe January. And then her supervised release starts (formerly called probation, right?), and I forget how long that is - maybe another year? This is all so complicated!

As for the Law & Order episode I referenced, I'll give you a hint.......It was part of season 8 which aired in 1998 (RIP Jerry Orbach - you will always be Lennie Briscoe to me!) and involves Central Park, bath robes, and feigned mental illness.  That's all I'm sayin'. ;-)

I loved Lennie Briscoe, too. And that episode sounds familiar. Thanks for the hint. I'll figure it out...back to my sleuthing...!

• Love 3

Even before you dropped the hint I had a funny feeling it was that episode.

I cannot see Theresa working any job that would be approved by her supervisors.   It would be retail or something like that.   THey are not going to approve her going back to lying, stealing, hustling.    I also don't see her getting early release unless she shows she really is making an effort to be better.   That means restitution that is not taking part of her prison job income, accepting responsibility for her own actions, etc.   

• Love 2

I love how my "sleuthing" came from another Real Housewives convict, plus a simple Google search. But read Olive's answer (much more technical) - she clearly knows what she's talking about!

Haha, Lotus, I loved that you sleuthed Apollo too!  And you are sharp, you figured it out pretty well.  

I love how much information I get by coming to read here.  I for one appreciate all your sleuthing!!  I'm curious now which prison, I live in central TX.  Huntsville is the first that came to mind.  I understand if you don't want to say. You have to be one tough cookie to work in that environment though, so I'm impressed you lasted that long!! 

I read Theresa already wants to work in the kitchen to improve the food.  What a shocker.  I hope she doesn't insult the food in front of the head chef.  Those who watch OITNB know where that got Piper....

I'd love to see Theresa sans makeup and hair extensions.  Oh, and will her eyebrows become like two huge caterpillars?  To be a fly on the wall.....

• Love 4

Whether Teresa gets home confinement or halfway house my guess is her job will be housewife.  I don' think she would be allowed to film while under home confinement or halfway house.  Maybe she could meet with managers or explore offers but I doubt the Feds would want her cushy life to be deemed any type of incarceration or alternative sentencing.  It is for such a short period of time I can only imagine Teresa will need to acclimate to her surroundings.    

• Love 2

Do you think Teresa will be allowed to resume filming the RHNJ show? I can't see this type of show, drama/booze filled, as something they, her "cc manager" would care for.  

Do you think any of Teresa's interviews, WWHL or the tabloids, where she blames everyone else will come into play for her getting home release or going to a halfway house before Christmas this year? Also, what if Teresa/Joe have not agreed on a payment plan for the $214K they still owe the courts, can that affect her release date and/or where she will go to when released?

I don't see the show being something that would be approved for work.  I guess anything could happen, but I never worked with anyone who would have approved that.  The fact that they still owe restitution will have weight, but the TV shows and lack of remorse shown probably won't.

There has been a lot of talk about special treatment for them, but my personal opinion is that they will only be given exactly what they are entitled to by law.  If anything, I can see the BOP coming down more strictly on them due to the nature of the press exposure.  The BOP doesn't like to have egg on its face.

• Love 6

Even before you dropped the hint I had a funny feeling it was that episode.

I cannot see Theresa working any job that would be approved by her supervisors.   It would be retail or something like that.   THey are not going to approve her going back to lying, stealing, hustling.    I also don't see her getting early release unless she shows she really is making an effort to be better.   That means restitution that is not taking part of her prison job income, accepting responsibility for her own actions, etc.   

Plus, it is hard to find employers who will hire felons.  

"Early release" is not technically what it would be, and it would be a surprise and quite frankly a slap in the face if she isn't approved for community corrections.  I would love to see that, I just think it is unlikely.

ETA:  I can see her being approved to write her next book.  If she can find a publisher who is willing to give her a contract before she gets out.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 3

I love how much information I get by coming to read here.  I for one appreciate all your sleuthing!!  I'm curious now which prison, I live in central TX.  Huntsville is the first that came to mind.  I understand if you don't want to say. You have to be one tough cookie to work in that environment though, so I'm impressed you lasted that long!! 

I read Theresa already wants to work in the kitchen to improve the food.  What a shocker.  I hope she doesn't insult the food in front of the head chef.  Those who watch OITNB know where that got Piper....

I'd love to see Theresa sans makeup and hair extensions.  Oh, and will her eyebrows become like two huge caterpillars?  To be a fly on the wall.....

Huntsville is not a federal prison, and I hear is a pretty tough place to work.  Honestly, I am not tough at all.  I am pretty sensitive and have struggled with anxiety and depression for years.  I loved my job and leaving was a hard decision.  I wanted to stay home with my daughter when she was born.  I never had trouble with any inmate.  Staff was a different story, though.  But inmates were great.  I found that if you treated them like people they returned the favor.  My husband has worked in corrections over 20 years and he says the same.

If Teresa is putting that out about working in food service, that is hilarious.  Food service is the place they put all new inmates and make them work there for a certain period (at my institution it was 3 months) successfully before they can be considered for another job assignment.  Nobody wants to work food service.  And I bet the dietician and food service administrator love it when new inmates come in and think they are going to tell them how to run their kitchen.  {The way the food service department is depicted in OITNB is completely false.  No inmate runs anything in the kitchen.  They are constantly supervised by more than one staff member, and anyone caught keeping food from an inmate would be immediately taken to the special housing unit (inmate) or placed under investigation (staff.)}

ETA:  I'm sorry for the multiple posts.  I keep trying to quote more than one in a post and can't seem to make it work.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 5

I see I didn't fully answer your question.  I have seen staff members do some incredibly stupid things.  There is a reason why there are jokes about dumb government workers.  If someone, for example, sneaks a picture of Teresa inside or tries to get her signature, that person will be immediately removed from his or her post and placed under investigation.  I haven't personally known anyone who took/sold pictures but I have seen many who were terminated due to inappropriate relationships with inmates. 

Edited by Olive
  • Love 4

ETA:  I'm sorry for the multiple posts.  I keep trying to quote more than one in a post and can't seem to make it work.

For each post you want to quote, click the quotation icon after it. (   "   )

Do NOT click the black box that says:  "Reply to 1 post(s)"  Yet.  Don't actually click that box until you're done clicking the quotation icons after each post you want to quote.

So, for instance, if you're quoting 3 posts and you've clicked a (  "  ) 3 times, that little black box should read:  "Reply to 3 post(s).  THEN click the black box.  You'll be taken to the "Reply to this topic" box. 

Once you get there, you may need to cut out any unnecessary verbiage in the posts you've quoted.  See how I edited out everything in the post of yours I'm quoting above, except for the ETA part?

Practice makes perfect.

And it looks like you're going to get some practice. LOL.  Thanks for participating.  Love seeing new faces with fresh perspectives here.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Thank you so much ryebread!  I always roll my eyes when someone complains about not knowing how to do a certain thing on the boards, but here I am doing it.  I think my problem was I would click the box too soon.

Edited by Olive

Plus, it is hard to find employers who will hire felons.  

"Early release" is not technically what it would be, and it would be a surprise and quite frankly a slap in the face if she isn't approved for community corrections.  I would love to see that, I just think it is unlikely.

ETA:  I can see her being approved to write her next book.  If she can find a publisher who is willing to give her a contract before she gets out.

Will there be anything worth reading in Teresa's book I think is the question.  An endless loop of I miss my daughter seems even too simplistic by even Teresa's fans standards.  Not to be morbid but short of Teresa developing a near terminal disease, or one of her children or parents or Joe, her day to day existence is probably quite boring.  The support for her empire began to dwindle as soon as she was indicted.  I don't think that stink went away when she ultimately plead out and was sentenced.  It is not as if Teresa is an NBA star or rapper and her street cred goes up if she does time. 

One of the issues facing Teresa's is there are garnishments/levies/writs placed against her earnings on known sources of revenue.  I am only guessing but I would think her present publisher probably still holds a contract with her.  My respect for Andy and his programming genius has been waning for quite sometime-but he would be smart to view the videos released by Teresa and Dina before committing Bravo to any kind of spin-off.  Even with the girl band Teresa and her clan don't have what it takes to go solo.

• Love 6

Totally agree with you, zoeysmom.  I would not spend one penny or minute of my time to read anything else she publishes.  Do you think publishers realize it too, or do you think there is still someone out there willing to take a chance on her?  Unless she agrees to go full out honest with prison life, her role in the crimes, the devastation SHE caused her family, I can't see anyone being interested.  

• Love 3

Will there be anything worth reading in Teresa's book I think is the question. 

The only thing I would be remotely interested in reading is how she got where she is, from her own perspective.

I've looked at too many Guidice/Gorga pictures on google these past 2 days and I'll admit I see a certain poignancy in where she started to what's going on now.  (I know!  I'm getting soft.  Although not really because even when she was at the top of her popularity I could never stand this crazy bitch.) 

I might borrow a book from the li-berry if she ever put out a biography.  But put a nickel in her bank account by buying one?  Never.

• Love 5

Totally agree with you, zoeysmom.  I would not spend one penny or minute of my time to read anything else she publishes.  Do you think publishers realize it too, or do you think there is still someone out there willing to take a chance on her?  Unless she agrees to go full out honest with prison life, her role in the crimes, the devastation SHE caused her family, I can't see anyone being interested.  

Since I never cared for Teresa and I think she has always been somewhat ashamed of her family's humble beginnings I doubt she would ever get to the level of being straightforward enough to publish an interesting biography. From what has been gathered in the past her mother was the primary wage earner driving a school bus.  Her father apparently ripped off his brother in law in a small business venture.  Joey worked as a stripper to put himself through school and has been supporting his parents for a number of years

I watch New Jersey with two friends on the east coast, in other words we live chat together and the NJite thinks Teresa has done enough in the way of allocating and I am letting my inherent dislike of Teresa feed my thirst for more.

Here is what I want to know:

When you bought the shore house in your name-how did you think that could happen with you not having a job or a trust fund or any source of income?  (Joe could not have been the only there for the closing as it was not in his name.)

After years of delayed building on the mansion -where did you think the money was coming from for all the onyx, granite and marble and fancy finishes?  Joe's business partner complained that rent was being diverted from the projects he and the GIudices were partners on.

Did you ever wonder why Joe didn't complain about having to pay taxes?  (Always been a source of irritation to me that those were joint fake returns and Teresa wasn't held to answer.)

When you were served with a lawsuit against you and Joe for over a $100,000.00, weren't you at all curious what happened and how you were going to defend it or pay it?  This happened before the show.

Why did you conceal the BK for so long if it was an okay thing to do?

After the BK when you and Joe had the income property and the two of you failed to pay the utilities and Joe almost asphyxiated the tenants with jury rigged generators, and those same folks showed up at your front gates-did you ever make anything right by them?  IIRC it coincided with a second book signing deal.

Where  has all the money gone?  If it was just a case of conspicuous consumption-where are the consumer goods?

• Love 6

I might borrow a book from the li-berry if she ever put out a biography.  But put a nickel in her bank account by buying one?  Never.

Sorry Ryebread, the Gorga lieberry has no books.

• Love 4

zoeysmom, replies in bold...

Since I never cared for Teresa and I think she has always been somewhat ashamed of her family's humble beginnings I doubt she would ever get to the level of being straightforward enough to publish an interesting biography. From what has been gathered in the past her mother was the primary wage earner driving a school bus.  Her father apparently ripped off his brother in law in a small business venture.  Joey worked as a stripper to put himself through school and has been supporting his parents for a number of years

I watch New Jersey with two friends on the east coast, in other words we live chat together and the NJite thinks Teresa has done enough in the way of allocating and I am letting my inherent dislike of Teresa feed my thirst for more.

Here is what I want to know:

When you bought the shore house in your name-how did you think that could happen with you not having a job or a trust fund or any source of income?  (Joe could not have been the only there for the closing as it was not in his name.)  Was this house bought during the time when anybody could get a loan?  I could see Joe using his "borrowed" notary stamp on Teresa's forged signature.  I don't think you have to be present at closing today, but maybe back then?

After years of delayed building on the mansion -where did you think the money was coming from for all the onyx, granite and marble and fancy finishes?  Joe's business partner complained that rent was being diverted from the projects he and the GIudices were partners on.

I think Joe said, "I got it handled, Tre...fuhgeddaboutit."

Did you ever wonder why Joe didn't complain about having to pay taxes?  (Always been a source of irritation to me that those were joint fake returns and Teresa wasn't held to answer.)  See above.

When you were served with a lawsuit against you and Joe for over a $100,000.00, weren't you at all curious what happened and how you were going to defend it or pay it?  This happened before the show.  ???

Why did you conceal the BK for so long if it was an okay thing to do?  Maybe she was embarrassed?

After the BK when you and Joe had the income property and the two of you failed to pay the utilities and Joe almost asphyxiated the tenants with jury rigged generators, and those same folks showed up at your front gates-did you ever make anything right by them?  IIRC it coincided with a second book signing deal.  Were these jointly-held properties?  Either way, I suspect most of us would like to know what became of the tenants.

Where  has all the money gone?  If it was just a case of conspicuous consumption-where are the consumer goods?  

That's the million-dollar question!

• Love 3