Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Teresa Giudice Talk About Her New Year's Resolutions Like She's Not About To Go To Prison

• Start Topic

. I've known a number of people that tried different AD's when they weren't diagnosed as clinically depressed. I wonder if that's common.

Before the ACA required insurance co's to treat mental illness in the same way as medical conditions by either not covering mental health services at all or by only reimbersing at a 50% rate many people had no choice but to go to their family doctor for treatment. Family doctors or GP physicians are not equiped to diagnose between a "situational depression" or a "clinical depression" so many patients end up on anti-depressants because they didn't have the money to pay for therapy or a psychiatric consult. IMO, if one does not really need an AD they wouldn't see any improvement and would discontinue the drug. If their brain chemistry isn't "off" ADs would not be of any use.

I agree with you, but it has to be something brought up during intake. And I also agree with Anna - if Teresa doesn't have a doctor-diagnosed condition and instead "doctor shopped" for the pills, I don't think there's any way she admitted to any illness.

As I stated earlier, this will be to her detriment in a HUGE manner if she lied on intake. From what we have seen of Tre and her "If a little is good more is better" attitude I wouldn't doubt she did take more than she was prescribed and more often than prescribed. If that's the case she would have had to doctor shop as doctors are very careful how they prescribe benzos and opiates as the DEA keeps a close eye on that because of the risk of addiction.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3

Before the ACA required insurance co's to treat mental illness in the same way as medical conditions by either not covering mental health services at all or by only reimbersing at a 50% rate many people had no choice but to go to their family doctor for treatment. Family doctors or GP physicians are not equiped to diagnose between a "situational depression" or a "clinical depression" so many patients end up on anti-depressants because they didn't have the money to pay for therapy or a psychiatric consult. IMO, if one does not really need an AD they wouldn't see any improvement and would discontinue the drug. If their brain chemistry isn't "off" ADs would not be of any use.

That's interesting. And it would certainly explain the over-prescription. Thanks.

As I stated earlier, this will be to her detriment in a HUGE manner if she lied on intake. From what we have seen of Tre and her "If a little is good more is better" attitude I wouldn't doubt she did take more than she was prescribed and more often than prescribed. If that's the case she would have had to doctor shop as doctors are very careful how they prescribe benzos and opiates as the DEA keeps a close eye on that because of the risk of addiction.

Of course this was just a tabloid story, but this one feels credible to me - so many have commented on how out of it Teresa has seemed in this past season or two, esp. during the one-on-one interview with Andy. And frankly, with the stress she was under this past year (self-induced, mind you), I don't blame her for seeing a doctor for a prescription. But I agree that Teresa is a "more is more" person, so I bet she went to Danbury with a problem.

• Love 2

My browser is set to Yahoo as a homepage and there's always something about Teresa popping up.  Lately it seems that the Inquisitr has been putting most of them out there.  I wonder if they truly have a "source" or just an overly zealous RH's fan [or hater] as a writer on staff.

Today's gem is about Teresa crying herself to sleep in prison, how different she looks now and inmates leaving old tabloid magazines with her picture on the cover around for her to see.

Inquisitr Teresa Crying Herself to Sleep

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Maybe Teresa's bestie Dina has been supplying her with Xannies.

Juicy's probably the tabloid source; he needs to bring home some kind of bacon. And it's not like he (nor Teresa) has any qualms about selling stories about friends and family.

Confused about the purpose of this topic--it mainly just seems to be promoting a Previously TV article. Is Teresa prison talk supposed to go here, the sentencing thread or in her own thread?

• Love 1

Confused about the purpose of this topic--it mainly just seems to be promoting a Previously TV article. Is Teresa prison talk supposed to go here, the sentencing thread or in her own thread?

You're not alone.  I'm confused too.

I've been posting in both of them which doesn't seem to make any sense.

My browser is set to Yahoo as a homepage and there's always something about Teresa popping up.  Lately it seems that the Inquisitr has been putting most of them out there.  I wonder if they truly have a "source" or just an overly zealous RH's fan [or hater] as a writer on staff.

Today's gem is about Teresa crying herself to sleep in prison, how different she looks now and inmates leaving old tabloid magazines with her picture on the cover around for her to see.

Inquisitr Teresa Crying Herself to Sleep

I'm thinking this report could be true. I'm sure in Teresa's delusional mind, she thought most of her fellow inmates would welcome her with open arms because of her reality star status, being a cookbook author, mother of 4 wonderful girls, etc. She thought she was going to breeze right in & everyone was going to kiss her feet. After almost 2 weeks, reality is settling in. She should be so lucky as to have them only leaving old magazines around & commenting on her looks, I'm sure it could be much worse.

I agree with Teresa - laundry duty is probably disgusting. Can you imagine doing strangers' laundry? Lol.

I wouldn't want to do it.

It may not be as bad as we think it is though. I'm pretty sure they don't sort laundry. I think everyone has a laundry bag for their clothes and the whole thing goes in the washer/dryer.

I wonder if they do towels, sheets and blankets that way too.

Edited by AnnA

I agree with Teresa - laundry duty is probably disgusting. Can you imagine doing strangers' laundry? Lol.

They wear gloves and it wouldn't be any different than working at a laudromat that takes in clothes to do for people who don't have the time or desire and can pay someone else to do it or working at a dry cleaner that also does "wet" laundry. There are worse jobs. She could be doing road work or digging ditches, lol.

• Love 3

They wear gloves and it wouldn't be any different than working at a laudromat that takes in clothes to do for people who don't have the time or desire and can pay someone else to do it or working at a dry cleaner that also does "wet" laundry. There are worse jobs. She could be doing road work or digging ditches, lol.

But those jobs are more cleansy.  And she could build up her triceps at the same time.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 1

Eww..I wouldn't want to do other people's stinky laundry.  I can barely stand the idea of dealing with everyone in my family's undergarments, much less that of a couple hundred strangers.  Personally, I feel Teresa should have been working in the plumbing department--what with the way she and Joe treated those tenants of theirs.  The woman can't have enough humble pie.  She will never admit her wrongdoings.

• Love 1

I caught part of an episode of Lockup last night. They were at a men's prison in Florida & they showed the laundry facilities & it was gross. There were special yellow bags that held the worst of the worst linens/clothing. (Enormous amounts of blood, feces, etc) They gave the example of cleaning up after a "cutter" went to town on himself. I'm also imagining towels that are used after a toilet is stopped up by an inmate. These bags aren't opened, they are thrown in the washing machine bag & all as the bag disintegrates in the water. The worker they interviewed said even the regular laundry is bad. Don't know if the Camp at Danbury has separate laundry facilities than the main prison but I'm sure Tre will come across some gross items. As the queen of Skivviness, I hope she does.

• Love 2

Speaking of money...

There was an ad in today's paper for a Home Show Expo on Long Island with a picture of Melissa Gorga and a tag line of "come meet Melissa Gorga of the Real Housewives of New Jersey."

Me thinks money must be tight for the Gorgas.

In regards to the ad, I think the comment quoted, "Are we supposed to care?" is quite applicable, lol.

• Love 1

I caught part of an episode of Lockup last night. They were at a men's prison in Florida & they showed the laundry facilities & it was gross. There were special yellow bags that held the worst of the worst linens/clothing. (Enormous amounts of blood, feces, etc) They gave the example of cleaning up after a "cutter" went to town on himself. I'm also imagining towels that are used after a toilet is stopped up by an inmate. These bags aren't opened, they are thrown in the washing machine bag & all as the bag disintegrates in the water. The worker they interviewed said even the regular laundry is bad. Don't know if the Camp at Danbury has separate laundry facilities than the main prison but I'm sure Tre will come across some gross items. As the queen of Skivviness, I hope she does.

I'm pretty sure men's laundry (like men's restrooms) are far worse to clean than the women's.  That said, if Teresa's doing laundry (as I hope!), I'm pretty sure she'll encounter -some- gross items, too.

I think laundry duty is a great assignment for her. Not so obviously horrible like cleaning toilets, but still a very "real world" experience. Hopefully, after Danbury, she will never talk about how she's too good to live in a "used house" again. Hopefully, she will also learn some humility (I think honesty will always be beyond her.)

• Love 2

Periods. At least in my colleges, women's bathrooms were messier than men's. I guess men have urine miss the intended area more often.

Not trying to insult menstruation or women. Just pointing out this common fact of life.

Edited by Betweenyouandme

I believe I heard Joe say that he takes Xanax.

So, the family is OK with prescription medication. (It's the "therapy and counseling" that they were so orignally opposed to because that's not the way Old School Italians do things.)

With Joe admitting he takes Xanax...not a surprise if Teresa does also.

So, the family is OK with prescription medication. (It's the "therapy and counseling" that they were so orignally opposed to because that's not the way Old School Italians do things.)

I grew up in a family just like that. I was taught, rather drilled into my skull, that you keep secrets from your home,inside your home. I can tell you first hand that is a real shitty way to go. My addict sib died because my family enabled the crap out of her. I went for help and was excommunicated from the family. I'm still considered a trader. It kills. No joke.   

• Love 2
On 1/25/2015 at 3:39 PM, Marigold said:

He takes Xanax, then drinks alcohol like he does?

• Like 1

I only recently got really into Jersey, and Teresa is one of the most entertaining Housewives in the whole franchise. I get why they paused the show when she was serving time and why she's been a Housewife for so many years.