Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

At the very least John or Alyssa could take 5 minutes and adjust the height of the seat on the bike so it would be a better fit for Allie. At least she was wearing a helmet.

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

The problem wasn't with Rhett's half-ass birthday party. The problem was that his sisters got cheated, again. If John and Ofjohn can't afford a decent party for each girl, they don't need to spend money on a first birthday party for a kid who won't even remember it. The girls, at least the three older ones, WILL remember. 

Exactly. It’s a symptom of a larger problem. If there weren’t other examples of Rhett being favored over his sisters, I wouldn’t think it was such a big deal.

Reminds me of Tsar Nicholas II’s family — four girls before the much-desired prince (literal, in that case). The girls were loved, but came to think of themselves as a unit. Of course, in that particular situation, failure to produce a son would have meant the end of the dynasty and a loss of fragile national stability — all of which happened anyway, but still. The obsession over having a boy made some sense.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Like 5
(edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 5:49 PM, cereality said:

Couldn't have a few trays of chicken nuggets or cater in a few BBQ chicken trays or something like that for a 6-8 pm party?

There were chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A. Most kids at a party will eat pizza and chicken nuggets. I don't think BBQ chicken trays would go over with the kids. Fruit, chicken nuggets and pizza should be sufficient. But they could go easy on the candy. All of thre girls have had individual parties. I remember Allie's first birthday party was a big deal. So having a small party for Rhett's first birthday doesn't seem strange to me. 

Edited by 65mickey
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

And my mom would plan a bunch of games with little prizes for the winners.  Musical chairs, dropping clothespins in a milk bottle, pin the tail on the donkey, hot potato do not cost more than a couple of bucks but give the kids a chance to have some fun.  My mom had the same dog-eared pin the tail on the donkey set for all 6 of us kids, spanning a 17 year age range.

We did this too in the 50's. But our parties consisted of birthday cake and ice cream. No other food.was served.  I doubt that today's kids play pin the tail on the donkey and dropping clothespins in a bottle. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

We did this too in the 50's. But our parties consisted of birthday cake and ice cream. No other food.was served.  I doubt that today's kids play pin the tail on the donkey and dropping clothespins in a bottle. 

I would’ve done pin the crown on the princess and some sort of match the prince with his princess game. 

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It's hard to know, some kids love the classics. I work with 14-year-olds who are glued to their phones and one of the highlights of the year is making ooblek slime with cornstarch and water. Most of the traditional party games that have disappeared are more to do with people realizing that they were wildly unsafe (lawn darts anyone) than kids getting too sophisticated. 

That being said, if the girls' friends and cousins were all having pricy parties at arcades or indoor play spaces then cake and pin-the-tale on the donkey might not fly, but I don't get that impression from what I've read.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The Duggars weirdly played the dropping clothespins in a bottle for Joseph's birthday he was sixteen or seventeen.

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 7
14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think most kids would, if given the chance.  At least at their ages.  Any sort of planned activity would suffice, though.  There are plenty of things kids can do in a group.  Decorate cheap picture frames with glitter and paints for their photos, put one of Daddy's old tee shirts on over their dresses and let them play with some cheap makeup, everyone colors a special picture for the birthday girls, buy some plain shortbread cookies and let the kids decorate them.

It's the lack of hands-on participation in the festivities that bugs me.  Standing and posing for a picture and then being handed a balloon animal doesn't sound very engaging to me.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Even simple games like musical (chairs) thrones, or Princess, Princess, Queen (duck, duck goose). Trying on the Glass Slipper, pass the poison apple (hot potato), etc. Or even a parade/fashion show so the girls could show off the outfits.

Tiaras, wands and 'jewels' are cheap and fun themed gifts for the winners.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Even simple games like musical (chairs) thrones, or Princess, Princess, Queen (duck, duck goose). Trying on the Glass Slipper, pass the poison apple (hot potato), etc. Or even a parade/fashion show so the girls could show off the outfits.

Tiaras, wands and 'jewels' are cheap and fun themed gifts for the winners.

These games would have been fun for the girls. It would have given them activities that are age appropriate although Allie might be getting a little too old for the princess theme. But dropping clothespins in a bottle, I don't think even this group of kids would go for this. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

These games would have been fun for the girls. It would have given them activities that are age appropriate although Allie might be getting a little too old for the princess theme. But dropping clothespins in a bottle, I don't think even this group of kids would go for this. 

I think most kids have fun doing "younger" things at parties and its not like she's a teen. Going with the theme I think they'd enjoy dropping a wish in a genie lamp.

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think most kids have fun doing "younger" things at parties and its not like she's a teen. Going with the theme I think they'd enjoy dropping a wish in a genie lamp.

Dropping some plastic 'gems' into a lamp or a glass slipper would've been easy enough to do.

• Like 5

Alyssa posted to IG -- a poll asking followers what they wanted to see...I never respond  because I do not want to be blocked...of course I wanted to...but is was a miss mash...do we want to see fashion, outings etc...WE WANT to SEE...Allie take Ballet and the others  do little home improvement projects or do volunteering at a vets office...we want to SEE YOUR GIRLS....do SOMETHING......and Alyssa looks 6 shades of exhausted...Rhett is a year old now...my personal opinion is the pregnancy with Rhett took something out of Alyssa due to her heart issues...and she has not recovered...lets really hope she puts the brakes on no more babies and enjoys the kids she has...but alas --BROTHER...

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
On 3/28/2024 at 6:21 AM, Dimi1 said:

Alyssa posted to IG -- a poll asking followers what they wanted to see...I never respond  because I do not want to be blocked...of course I wanted to...but is was a miss mash...do we want to see fashion, outings etc...WE WANT to SEE...Allie take Ballet and the others  do little home improvement projects or do volunteering at a vets office...we want to SEE YOUR GIRLS....do SOMETHING......and Alyssa looks 6 shades of exhausted...Rhett is a year old now...my personal opinion is the pregnancy with Rhett took something out of Alyssa due to her heart issues...and she has not recovered...lets really hope she puts the brakes on no more babies and enjoys the kids she has...but alas --BROTHER...

She'd do better asking what we DON'T want to see.  I don't want to see her oldest daughter being ignored.  I don't want to see her kids sitting at home when there are so many inexpensive activities they could enjoy.  I don't want to see them favoring their boy child over the others.  I don't want to see Ally performing motherly duties for her siblings.

• Like 14
  • Applause 7

So Alyssa continues to be a douchebag - or whatever the female equivalent is. Posted an IG with Rhett walking around under the dining table w a can of Hormel chili in hand. Apparently he went into the pantry, grabbed a can, is walking all over with it and won’t let anyone touch it. Cue Alyssa - omg BOYS are sooooo funny. Uh 1 yr olds grab things and get possessive about them - it isn’t a boy thing. If your girls didn’t do it, well maybe you blanket trained the life out of them so they dared not grab anything from the pantry or walk anyplace in the house except where you told them to stay?!

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Oh Alyssa. I had a girl then two boys. Of course we noticed the differences in reaching milestones, and quirky behaviors, but I can honestly say I never thought “boys do things differently”.  I just compared them as individuals and if anything figured into the comparisons it was birth order. The boys walked earlier than their sister and I simply thought that younger siblings want to catch up.

There was one thing that would have made Alyssa’s head explode. When #2 was born we gave our daughter a baby doll. She loved it and used to pull up her shirt to feed her baby. Her little brother eventually got a Cabbage Patch doll which he loved. He called him “Patty Cake” and took him everywhere. When #3 was born he started to pull up his shirt to feed him. Can you imagine if Rhett did that? I doubt that would be shared on Instagram or YouTube. 🙄

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

When #3 was born he started to pull up his shirt to feed him. Can you imagine if Rhett did that? I doubt that would be shared on Instagram or YouTube. 🙄

That would be the end of the world for John and Alyssa. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Today is Allie’s birthday. Alyssa posted in her stories that they stopped at Dunkin on the way to co-op because Allie had requested a pink sprinkle donut. I’m hoping it was just editing but it looked like the other girls got nothing. Just buy them all a donut FFS.

ETA, just noticed she had a big box of Munchkins. I guess the other girls will get something after all. That’s good.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Today is Allie’s birthday. Alyssa posted in her stories that they stopped at Dunkin on the way to co-op because Allie had requested a pink sprinkle donut. I’m hoping it was just editing but it looked like the other girls got nothing. Just buy them all a donut FFS.

ETA, just noticed she had a big box of Munchkins. I guess the other girls will get something after all. That’s good.

I thought the same things. One of the kids is sitting in the back looking on as Allie gets her donut!? They were headed to co op so I assume the Munchkins were for everyone - the whole class. Sure her sisters will get what the class gets but my god why not just treat all the sisters in advance of co-op? You can make it specially for Allie by being like - everyone gets a breakfast treat that Allie picks, ok Allie picks strawberry donuts for everyone today.

Meanwhile Rhett is walking around yesterday wearing a personalized baseball jersey with Rhett on the back. Maybe from his bday party? But in any event he'll outgrow it in weeks/months but they bought it anyway. So money isn't tight for him but $10 of donuts for the girls - eh why bother, just get one for the bday kid and be done with it.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6

First let me state...Alyssa is the bates girl that I just cannot stand!!!  ( then Erin) and its because she does crap to her girls like...dressing up Allie to go out on a DATE with John...in Make up!! as in rosy red cheeks and lipstick...ugh...sexualizing young girls at that age...can she be so clueless , not realizing how she is setting Allie up for life with " preparing" her for her subservient bride status....I just cant stand it....Alyssa must actually be brain dead....I know this site rants on Carlin, Josie and some others...but at least they are exposing themselves and their kids to society--which will help at some point....Alyssa is living in the stone age, sheltering those girls with no interaction ....she is no better than the Amish who seclude their women...no better.....I just want to scream..if you want to see Allie tarted up for her "date" its on her Insta

• Like 4
  • Applause 7

The Daddy/Daughter date would be a cute idea if it was simply John taking the child to do an activity of her choice, but the way they romanticize the whole thing is so gross. It comes across like a sick grooming ritual. Dolling a kid in frilly dress and makeup, John ringing the doorbell like a boyfriend. It's so icky. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The Daddy/Daughter date would be a cute idea if it was simply John taking the child to do an activity of her choice, but the way they romanticize the whole thing is so gross. It comes across like a sick grooming ritual. Dolling a kid in frilly dress and makeup, John ringing the doorbell like a boyfriend. It's so icky. 

No kidding. When I was a kid, I got very excited to have one-on-one time with my dad. But I didn’t dress up. There were no flowers. We just went and ran errands or went to a movie or whatever. The way they do this is ultra-creepy.

On a similar note, on The Today Show this morning they had a guy on who’s got a ton of followers. He’s a very manly, muscle-y macho type guy who has four daughters and loves it. He got fed up with people making thoughtless comments in front of his girls and did a video talking about how awesome daughters are and how hurtful comments can be. As someone who was a daughter in that position (child of a girl dad who was thrilled to have girls and showed it, but who was regularly faced with idiotic and hurtful “jokes” in front of said girls), I wanted to applaud.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

That is just creepy. The over-the-top dress, hair and makeup for a 9 year old? And there’s Dad at the door in his same old suit and shoes with a bouquet of grocery store flowers. 
Wonder where they went. I bet it was McDonald’s 🙄

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

yes that is creepy.

My son has taken his daughters to the daddy daughter dances in their community for years. Dad does wear a suit and whichever girl is going has  a "fancy" dress. They go to dinner, usually at a nice restaurant (that has mac and cheese) where other dads are there with their daughters. Then the dance where it is kid friendly fun. Kid snacks, characters in costume, balloons, glow sticks, photo booth etc.

By far a less creepy and nice outing for them. The daddy daughter outings don't have to be creepy like the fundies seem to think it does.

• Like 7

Exactly. A daddy daughter birthday outing could actually be a nice tradition if they didn't make it so gross as in - I'm training you how to act on a date bc let's be real, clock is ticking, your intended will be here in 7 yrs just as I showed up for your mom and you better behave right and seal that deal and get off my payroll. And heaven forbid John pay attention to or spend time with his girls when it isn't their bday + he isn't training them on locking down a man.

I mean if he legit cared, he could do something with each girl for their birthday that they wanted to do. Sure maybe there are 1-2 who are girly girls who'd want to dress up and go out to dinner. But Lexi - likely she'd choose to go to the batting cages or a basketball game or something like that with dad. Maybe some kid would choose a movie or bowling or ice cream sundaes or whatever. Alyssa has taken this to next level creepy. IDK if Gil had a standing tradition of taking the girls out for their bday, but once teenage Alyssa for her birthday asked to go hunting with her dad and he took her!? So IDK where this suited up going on a date thing came from. 

The creepiest "date" hands down was in spring 2020 - I think it was Allie. It was when the world was totally shut down for Covid so there was no place for them to go. But couldn't just go do an outdoor activity with dad, nope. John suited up, Allie in a fluffy dress, Allie wanting to put on some tacky plastic bracelet or whatever as Alyssa talked her out of it bc omg it doesn't match, you need to wear this other tacky bracelet. Alyssa "decorated" the back of the SUV so John and Allie could go get McDonalds drive thru, park in a random office park parking lot, and sit in the back and have their date. It gave the grossest make out spot vibes I've ever seen . . . . Like I legit don't think Alyssa realizes that teens will park cars in random isolated lots to get it on when they have no other place to do the deed without getting caught.

And then Allie wanted to play so you had her playing hide and seek around the office park lot, with John chasing her in a suit and dress shoes. Again giving stranger danger type of vibes . . . . Somehow none of this struck Alyssa as being weird at all.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4

I wonder if there will be any more daddy/daughter dates, now that John has a son? Those all took place back when John and Alyssa were pretending to be satisfied with all girls. 

• Like 2

Ew, ew ewww! I really enjoyed Daddy-daughter days as a kid. Dad got me into Star Trek, Indiana Jones and James Bond and my mom wasn't a fan of any of the above so the two of us would get take out, rent a movie (which was the style at the time) and Dad, as the family popcorn popper, would be in charge of snacks. The word date was never used because it wasn't a date, it was me having fun with my dad and him sharing his favourite movies with me. The more I see of Alyssa and John, the more I feel like they're the poster children for a lot of what's seriously toxic about this brand of fundyism and child-rearing.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I went back to look at her pics on insta...just browsed through quickly...and Allie is Rhett's second mother...I see in just about all of the pics...Allie is paired with Rhett. alot!!...they are making allie grow up before her time , denying her what she really wants ( ballet)...and all part of grooming her to be a young bride and mother...just like Alyssa....I really feel bad for allie

• Sad 8
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Ew, ew ewww! I really enjoyed Daddy-daughter days as a kid. Dad got me into Star Trek, Indiana Jones and James Bond and my mom wasn't a fan of any of the above so the two of us would get take out, rent a movie (which was the style at the time) and Dad, as the family popcorn popper, would be in charge of snacks. The word date was never used because it wasn't a date, it was me having fun with my dad and him sharing his favourite movies with me. The more I see of Alyssa and John, the more I feel like they're the poster children for a lot of what's seriously toxic about this brand of fundyism and child-rearing.

Yep this is the stuff normal dads do with their daughters. I def have a friend whose activity with dad when she came home from breaks in medical school totally stressed out was James Bond movie marathons. Just this week a guy at my work took his high school age daughter to Texas (from the east coast) to see the eclipse - bc he + this daughter are into space/astronomy/nature - while mom and the other daughter aren't. Besides fundies IDK anyone training their daughters on courting and being a wife and mommy. And even with that Alyssa is taking that way too far. Her own father did not get suited up to take each daughter on a birthday date starting at age 5. The times we've seen enjoying with his girls alone were things like taking Alyssa hunting and taking Tori to some playground as they reminisced right before her wedding.

But really this is just how John and Alyssa see girls. We HAVE to raise them to get them married off so we'll begrudgingly raise them and the way to raise them is give them wife + mommy skills = church + taking care of a baby + cooking + laundry. We know all the girls go to church. It appears Allie is already having to mother Rhett; we've def seen Alyssa barking at Allie regarding laundry; and we've seen Alyssa go on about oh Allie WANTS to make her sisters lunch . . . . So I imagine cooking dinners is coming pretty soon for Allie too, as Alyssa seems to hate it/do very little of it and is probably counting the days until she can pawn that off on Allie and Lexie. IIRC Michael started cooking for the family around this age so I'm pretty sure it's right around the corner for Allie too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope she did. Alyssa totally used her.

She really did. She didn't even give Tikky credit for gifting (or should I say, grifting?) her the clothes. Tikky outed herself after Alyssa was asked about it a hundred times on Instagram. 

• Like 5

Damn, I don't know who pissed in Alyssa's Cheerios today, but she is in a mood. She's filming in the car, waiting for gas at Costco. Even heavily filtered, she looks like an exhausted wreck. She makes a snarky comment about having to go grocery shopping with five kids, then shows off the LuluLemon belt bag a 'friend' sent her. The next slide is a picture of her wearing it with the caption, "It's growing on me." IMO, that's pretty dang rude because it implies she didn't like the gift to begin with. I'm sure that'll make her 'friend' feel real good! 

Does Costco sell boxed wine? Because if so, Alyssa needs to stock up by the pallet. She's becoming more and more lifeless with every Instagram post. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, I don't know who pissed in Alyssa's Cheerios today, but she is in a mood. She's filming in the car, waiting for gas at Costco. Even heavily filtered, she looks like an exhausted wreck. She makes a snarky comment about having to go grocery shopping with five kids, then shows off the LuluLemon belt bag a 'friend' sent her. The next slide is a picture of her wearing it with the caption, "It's growing on me." IMO, that's pretty dang rude because it implies she didn't like the gift to begin with. I'm sure that'll make her 'friend' feel real good! 

Does Costco sell boxed wine? Because if so, Alyssa needs to stock up by the pallet. She's becoming more and more lifeless with every Instagram post. 

Why on earth is she filming in the car, especially when she’s already overwhelmed?

• Like 4

She's such a rude bitch I really don't understand why anyone sends her anything. I mean she straight up said she wasn't a fan of the bag but it's growing on her?! WTH?! Hope that "best friend" drops her just like Tikky did.

Wonder if having John at home 24-7 is making her even more resentful. You know these fundie women don't understand the concept of a job. She might've thought that John working from home = John being like Chad or Evan, always around, always dealing with kids etc. John OTOH hates the kids as much as her + has a job + has an excuse due to job, so I imagine he plays it as - sorry this door is getting shut at 9 am, not opening again until noon, and then not again until 5, good luck to you with the 5 kids.

And unlike normal people it's not like they are willing to send their kids to school - which would then give Alyssa 6 hrs/day with one or maybe 2 kids at home. Nope instead gotta go wandering through Costco in a pack of a half dozen . . . . 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I have heard micro dosing does wonders.  Or how about some birth control?  Either way, Alyssa doesn't seem keen on her life choices.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Redditors are suspecting an instructor comes to teach ! Which would be so sad as girls don’t get to go out again if that’s the case

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

I just got done watching Alyssa's latest video. She's clearly reading the comments about never taking the girls anywhere. They went on a park playdate to meet friends. The girls were so over the top with excitement, you'd swear they got paroled early from San Quentin. 

Alyssa and John are going away on their anniversary trip. She's keeping the location secret to make her audience watch the next video, but she mentions they'll be hiking and it's supposed to be rainy every day. I'm thinking Pacific Northwest? 

She explains the kids will be split up because it's hard to find one person who can watch all five at once. Allie and Lexi had their bags packed a week in advance, and all four girls (even Maci) are chomping at the bit by the front door, anxious to leave. Apparently they can't wait to get away from their parents as much as their parents can't wait to get away from them! 

Alyssa tries to explain it away by saying the girls like staying at other peoples' houses because "their dreams come true" i.e., they get whatever they want. I wonder if they like it because they actually get attention and treated like individuals rather than background characters in The World Of Rhett. 

There's an agonizingly long scene of Alyssa and John packing and droning on about nothing, then mercifully the video ends. We'll have to wait until next week to see which amazing location John and Alyssa manage to make look boring! 

• Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Per the thumbnail of this week's video, Alyssa has some of the girls in karate. 

Per the thumbnail, one daughter (whoever was featured on it - Zoey?), has a blackbelt already. Alyssa's going to have to cool it with the filters, the photoshopping, and AI.