Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

Alyssa is on IG while the kids are in school..She is asking her followers what they want to see ..IE: content for youtube...she is out of ideas....ummmm let's see...how about we see allie take some ballet lessons...and the kid that likes tools take a class at home depot. Maybe they could enroll the girls in sports??? anyone else have any ideas..and I think she is not going around her family ...because no way her girls need to find out the girl cousins ( josies girls and layla) are doing everything her girls want to do...

I hope someone tells her to do something that doesn’t exploit her poor kids. Let them have their privacy!

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

It's unfortunate Taliban Dan has an obsession with homeschooling, because I think putting the girls in public school would change Alyssa's life. Sure, she'd bitch about having to get everyone up and out the door, but once she got used to it she'd love being down three kids for the bulk of the day. 

She mentioned in a previous video that it's hard to take the kids places, which I found odd. Is she just lazy or is her brood so under-stimulated that they go nuts on the rare occasion they leave the house? Five children is larger than the typical American family, but it's not unheard of. Even before Rhett was born, she never took the girls anywhere or did anything with them, so I'm not buying that it's a numbers issue. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's unfortunate Taliban Dan has an obsession with homeschooling, because I think putting the girls in public school would change Alyssa's life. Sure, she'd bitch about having to get everyone up and out the door, but once she got used to it she'd love being down three kids for the bulk of the day. 

She mentioned in a previous video that it's hard to take the kids places, which I found odd. Is she just lazy or is her brood so under-stimulated that they go nuts on the rare occasion they leave the house? Five children is larger than the typical American family, but it's not unheard of. Even before Rhett was born, she never took the girls anywhere or did anything with them, so I'm not buying that it's a numbers issue. 

I wasn't a regular Bates watcher and I haven't watched their videos so my opinion is based on what I read here.  She doesn't seem to enjoy being a mom and doesn't seem into her kids.  Bummer for those kids.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1

Allie has indicated many times on their videos that she would love to go out to school. I don't think the other 2 younger sisters would mind at all especially that they would be in the same school as Allie. Alyssa is overwhelmed and under motivated. Being a stay at home wife, mother and homemaker is what was drilled into the Bates daughters heads from one second after birth to be their God-given role in life. Alyssa should be quite happy and fulfilled that she is able to live out this lifestyle. She also has a lovely home to do it in.

On another note, I think Alyssa and John are not suited for each other, really. They admitted that they didn't really know one another when they got married and were surprised to see "who" they married. Alyssa, I think, needed a more lively, ambitious husband. John seems to be too "low key" for her liking. John needed a more "low key", go with the flow, contented woman. He does work hard in his profession all day, every day out in the Florida weather elements. The man is tired when he walks through the door every night and would like a woman who maybe shows him that she appreciates what he does to support the household. Alyssa needs to work has butt off with YouTubes to supplement the household income not due to John's income but due to their growing budget by adding more and more children in the mix. Now, I wish those 5 children all well and good, God Bless them, it's not their fault that they are on earth...their parents didn't bother to look at the calendar or use proper birth control with discipline. Alyssa should not blame John for their financial status. Think of all the money Miss Alyssa could save if she had her natural hair color, did her own nails at home and used the coffee pot in her kitchen instead of paying for these things outside. I am trying to look at their situation objectively from what they show on their YouTubes.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the latest installment of "Allie Webster Has A Horrible Life," Alyssa released her latest YouTube video. It's Valentine's Day and the girls are opening gifts. 

It starts with John and Alyssa gushing over Rhett, per usual. They decided Alyssa would be Rhett's Valentine and John would be the girls'. Alyssa claims John spoils the girls rotten, which is about to be really funny when it comes to the actual gift giving. Rhett gets two toys, Maci gets a Stanley Cup and a toy, and the three older girls get cheap, flimsy fanny packs that looked like they came off Amazon for $10. They each got a card with a cute message, which was nice. 

What stood out to me though was Allie going last like always, and Lexi even predicted she'd get the exact same thing. There's really no fun or anticipation when you know what's coming.

Also, towards the end, Zoey gives John and Alyssa cards. They make a huge deal over it and give her tons of praise. Shortly after, John is filming Rhett and Alyssa, and Allie walks into the frame. She proudly says, "It's done!," to which Alyssa replies, "What's done?." Allie says, "I made Mommy a present!", and get this: they cut the camera away and end the vlog! What the heck, they can't give this poor kid ten seconds of shine? Maybe it's on whoever does their editing, but it's John's and Alyssa's channel. They're the ones telling the editor what to include and what to leave out. They did the same thing with the Christmas video. Spent lots of time on the other kids, but rushed through Allie's gift opening and kept turning the camera to Rhett. 

What's crazier to me is all the glowing comments about how perfect their family is and how John and Alyssa are such amaaayzinggg parents. There's never anything slightly critical about the obvious favoritism. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

In the latest installment of "Allie Webster Has A Horrible Life," Alyssa released her latest YouTube video. It's Valentine's Day and the girls are opening gifts. 

It starts with John and Alyssa gushing over Rhett, per usual. They decided Alyssa would be Rhett's Valentine and John would be the girls'. Alyssa claims John spoils the girls rotten, which is about to be really funny when it comes to the actual gift giving. Rhett gets two toys, Maci gets a Stanley Cup and a toy, and the three older girls get cheap, flimsy fanny packs that looked like they came off Amazon for $10. They each got a card with a cute message, which was nice. 

What stood out to me though was Allie going last like always, and Lexi even predicted she'd get the exact same thing. There's really no fun or anticipation when you know what's coming.

Also, towards the end, Zoey gives John and Alyssa cards. They make a huge deal over it and give her tons of praise. Shortly after, John is filming Rhett and Alyssa, and Allie walks into the frame. She proudly says, "It's done!," to which Alyssa replies, "What's done?." Allie says, "I made Mommy a present!", and get this: they cut the camera away and end the vlog! What the heck, they can't give this poor kid ten seconds of shine? Maybe it's on whoever does their editing, but it's John's and Alyssa's channel. They're the ones telling the editor what to include and what to leave out. They did the same thing with the Christmas video. Spent lots of time on the other kids, but rushed through Allie's gift opening and kept turning the camera to Rhett. 

What's crazier to me is all the glowing comments about how perfect their family is and how John and Alyssa are such amaaayzinggg parents. There's never anything slightly critical about the obvious favoritism. 

I think it's time to reiterate my wish that Rhett becomes the brattiest brat in the history of brats. At the same time, I hope the girls haul ass as soon as possible and leave their awful parents in the dust. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4

I don't understand the one on one gift giving when the 3 oldest are getting the same gift.  They should let them open those all at the same time.  John still could have passed out his card to each girl one on one.  And Alyssa's explanation of why the girls got the crossbody purses, so they could carry their own money with them and buy things they want with their own money.  Understandable.  But when they are out and the girls want something and don't have their money why not just tell them she'll buy it for them but it will come out of their own money when they get home?  

• Like 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Are they calling fanny packs “crossbody purses” now? 😆😆😆

Fanny packs are worn crossbody. Everyone does it. 

eta See Carlin in her pics from Universal. She's wearing it that way. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I think it's time to reiterate my wish that Rhett becomes the brattiest brat in the history of brats. At the same time, I hope the girls haul ass as soon as possible and leave their awful parents in the dust. 

No kidding. Let Rhett support Alyssa and John in their old age with his future MLB salary (insert eye-roll). 

55 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Are they calling fanny packs “crossbody purses” now? 😆😆😆

Yeah, crossbody is the modern description. I'm an 80s kid, so I always revert to calling them fanny packs. 

• Like 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

No kidding. Let Rhett support Alyssa and John in their old age with his future MLB salary (insert eye-roll). 

Yeah, crossbody is the modern description. I'm an 80s kid, so I always revert to calling them fanny packs. 

Same, still the same fugly things they always were! I wouldn’t wear one then and I wouldn’t now, lol. 😆

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, AstridM said:

Same, still the same fugly things they always were! I wouldn’t wear one then and I wouldn’t now, lol. 😆

I love to wear a crossbody.  Hands free, worn close to my body and not in the way.  The ones I own have a thin strap.  But to each their own. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wear crossbodies, but they're the purse variety. I do want to try the fanny pack, though. Just haven't gotten around to getting one.

Yup. I have one. Its kind of looks like a tiny knapsack, but with one thick crossbody strap.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I love to wear a crossbody.  Hands free, worn close to my body and not in the way.  The ones I own have a thin strap.  But to each their own. 

I like crossbody bags, just not the ones that look like fanny packs. Regular crossbody bags can be great.

• Like 2

Something is wrong with Alyssa...she looks really puffy in her latest video with her kids at the library...I know she has had heart issues in the past...She looks bad and she looks like she feels bad..and in the video- Allie - who it Rhetts sister mom...is now being seen watching rhett at the library and watching rhett out in the yard...I bet she watches him all the time - if its now "instinctual" to take care of him...Alyssa is doing the same thing to her as Kelly did to all her girls...so so sad....for those girls sake and for the sake of Alyssa's health I really hope she does not have anymore kids...I mean really what is it going to take for the Bates girls to take their health seriously...a death? with all of their health issues..Erin, Alyssa, Carlin, and Josie...if I read about one of them dead tomorrow I would not be surprised...and I do not wish it on them...but  Bates girls...enjoy your health, enjoy your youth and enjoy the kids you have now...

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

Something is wrong with Alyssa...she looks really puffy in her latest video with her kids at the library...I know she has had heart issues in the past...She looks bad and she looks like she feels bad..and in the video- Allie - who it Rhetts sister mom...is now being seen watching rhett at the library and watching rhett out in the yard...I bet she watches him all the time - if its now "instinctual" to take care of him...

I noticed that too. Alyssa looks swollen in the face, like she's retaining a lot of fluid. I don't know if she's still being monitored by her heart doctor, but hopefully she doesn't ignore any issues. 

With regards to Allie, I think the only time the poor kid gets any positive attention is when she makes life easier for her parents. I assume she's the one watching the rest of the kids while Alyssa works out. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Before Alyssa had her "glow up" prior  to meeting John she had a full face. I think with the last two kids she has had a hard time getting back in shape and she has retained weigh in her face. It seems like she is working to get her baby weight off. 

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Before Alyssa had her "glow up" prior  to meeting John she had a full face. I think with the last two kids she has had a hard time getting back in shape and she has retained weigh in her face. It seems like she is working to get her baby weight off. 

Maybe she doesn't have time to work out these days. Of course, the easy answer is to work out while Allie watches the older ones. and Rhett and Maci nap. But maybe that's when she preps dinner? 

Point being, with 5 kids, she doesn't really have much free time.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe she doesn't have time to work out these days. Of course, the easy answer is to work out while Allie watches the older ones. and Rhett and Maci nap. But maybe that's when she preps dinner? 

Point being, with 5 kids, she doesn't really have much free time.

Alyssa lives in Florida. She could easily put the smaller ones in the stroller and take a walk every day for exercise.  Or chase them around the yard in a game of tag or play some kickball.  For many moms, having kids is a great excuse to burn calories doing stuff that grownups don't usually get to do.

I think she is like many women and having a bunch of babies over a few years' time has taken a toll, emotionally and physically.  The fact that the family probably expects her to continue to have a kid every year or two is not helping, either.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Alyssa lives in Florida. She could easily put the smaller ones in the stroller and take a walk every day for exercise.  Or chase them around the yard in a game of tag or play some kickball.  For many moms, having kids is a great excuse to burn calories doing stuff that grownups don't usually get to do.

I think she is like many women and having a bunch of babies over a few years' time has taken a toll, emotionally and physically.  The fact that the family probably expects her to continue to have a kid every year or two is not helping, either.

They also have a pool. Swimming, races, corralling kids in the pool, playing diving games and pool volley ball are all fun ways to burn calories and tone muscles.

Put the kids in their swimming suits and Rhett in the stroller. Go for a walk, get hot, let Rhett fall asleep and stroll right into the backyard with the cool pool. Rhett could stay sleeping in his stroller in the shade, or right inside the slider doors.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Does she have time for all that? I did think that she could put the littles down and work out while the older ones are at co-op. 

Sure. My kids went to public school, did homework, did sports/dance, had dinner and a shower all before bed. And I'm thinking her kids finish school before the 6 hour mark.

Toward the end of the school year my kids would jump in the pool after school - but I just watched as the water was usually too cold for me that early in the season.

I might add, I didn't have a maid and my husband was working long hours.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I doubt her kids are ever in “school” for more than 3-4 hours.

They might spend a full school day at the co-op. At minimum, something like 8-12, Alyssa would have to feed them lunch rather than pack it.

• Like 2

Alyssa's posted reels of her and the kids walking in their neighborhood, so I think it's something they do pretty frequently.

To clarify my comment, I didn't mean that Alyssa looks puffy due to weight gain, but rather that she looks unwell. To me, she doesn't come across like she's in a good place physically or emotionally. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Evidently she is planning a joint birthday party for all 4 girls. Really? 
Of course Rhett will get his own party. 🙄

The birthdays are: Lexi January 26  Maci February 9  Zoey March 28 and Allie April 11.  The GP is right in the middle on March 18.

This makes me so angry for those poor girls. They are already lumped together and now they are being denied the one day of the year that is theirs alone. How much do you want to bet Alyssa will do the same thing she did at Christmas and give them all variations of the same gift? 

Two of my children have birthdays 9 days apart and I never did a combined party. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 10
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

The birthdays are: Lexi January 26  Maci February 9  Zoey March 28 and Allie April 11.  The GP is right in the middle on March 18.

This makes me so angry for those poor girls. They are already lumped together and now they are being denied the one day of the year that is theirs alone. How much do you want to bet Alyssa will do the same thing she did at Christmas and give them all variations of the same gift? 

Two of my children have birthdays 9 days apart and I never did a combined party. 

Their birthdays aren't even that close! Is she that lazy and self-centered?! 

Those girls might be the worst off of any Bates grandkid. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It was bad enough when they did the joint party for Allie and Zoey, where Allie got shoved aside, but now they can't even be bothered with that? They're lumping all the girls together even though the birthdays are spread out over three months? And Rhett gets a solo party he won't even remember? They really don't give a crap about those girls at all.

If throwing big parties for each kid isn't affordable or it's too overwhelming, why not have small family celebrations at home? That's what Zach and Whit do. You can buy balloons and party supplies at Dollar Tree. Order pizza, throw hamburgers on the grill, make a cake from box mix. Alyssa could certainly dip into her eyelash extension budget to swing that. I think that would be much more meaningful to a kid than making them celebrate way before or after the fact. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 17

The girls all got individual parties when they were Rhett's age.  So if this one year they do a joint party so what. It seems like they are all picking a theme and having lots of friends. The kids won't mind.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

My older sister and I are Irish twins, only a year apart and we always had joint birthdays, even now.  However, we're close and don't mind.  There is no way that all 4 girls could be that close or that a 9 year old would be interested in the kind of party that a 4 year old would love.  And no way that kids with birthdays stretching over 3 months should be expected to celebrate at the same time.

I do think Alyssa is going through something emotionally, and possibly physically; in which case, her husband should be stepping in and helping her find a solution, not sitting back and letting the kids suffer.  

2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The girls all got individual parties when they were Rhett's age.  So if this one year they do a joint party so what. It seems like they are all picking a theme and having lots of friends. The kids won't mind

If this were a one off, that'd be one thing.  However, this is one of a long string of incidents where the girls were lumped together and treated as 'less than' their brother.  It seems to be a way of life at this point.

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Alyssa could certainly dip into her eyelash extension budget to swing that.

Or maybe her shoe budget, which would likely make even a bigger dent. 

9 hours ago, Notabug said:

I do think Alyssa is going through something emotionally, and possibly physically; in which case, her husband should be stepping in and helping her find a solution, not sitting back and letting the kids suffer.  

If he won't even help her take out the trash despite her clear and repeated indications that she would like his help doing so, there's pretty much no hope that he'll help her deal with whatever emotional turmoil she's going through right now. 

• Sad 10

Are they renting one of those indoor party places with activities like a Chuck E. Cheese? If so it would explain the joint party.

Nothing to stop them from having a cake at home on the actual date.

• Like 3

Alyssa made an IG post asking if her audience wanted to see a grocery haul...NO and NO...secretly record a fight with John, Let allie take ballet and give that spicy kid..the girl with the attitude..what is her name...lol..let that kid play some girls softball..and then I'm all in...will it happen...no ..instead I guess we will see what kind of chicken nuggets she buys...and she still looks so wiped out..no sparkle...like she is absolutely phoning it in at this point...

• Like 7

Just viewed a YouTube from a worn out Alyssa. She made such a big deal about what "the change" is that she and John made. It seems that he will no longer be an on site technician at the a/c business. He now will move into a more administrative role involving finance, investment, etc. She said he will have a home office and work now from home. Well, this home office is just a desk in the guest room. A desk with not much storage either...Just a desk and chair, folks. I could see where this came from...Alyssa. She can't handle her day to day life on her own....so they are inventing a home job for Johnn to have. They also were advertising for more a/c techs to please apply with Webster Air..they will train, if needed. I would like to see just how much work and focus John will have at home all day, every day. I doubt he will work a 35-40 hour week. Alyssa seemed quite bland, dull and tired. The rest of the video was a ball game, and the girls painting rocks outside in the back patio. Wow, she is out of ideas. Good luck, John, in getting much done "in the guest room" ....err, "office". Not even a file cabinet in sight.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 2

Since John is now one of the owners (with his brothers) of the company his taking a more administrative role would seem to be the natural course of action. Doing it at home though does seem like a bad idea.

• Like 3

I agree that working from home is going to be a disaster. If anything I think it'll make Alyssa more resentful. I think she's figuring it'll be a Zach/Whit or Carlin/Evan situation where John will dabble for a few hours, then be free to deal with the kids. She's gonna be real pissed when she wants help and John can't because he's on a zoom call or he's busy with other stuff. And assuming this is a serious role, I think John will get annoyed with the inevitable disruptions and noise that come from a houseful of small children. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
(edited)

This will not end well.

Alyssa probably thinks John will be available to help during working hours. John will probably tell Alyssa to keep the kids quiet and away from his “office”  while he is working. Both of them will end up frustrated and angry.
This is a really, really dumb idea.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I thought that he tried working in the office before and he didn't like it and said he was happy to get back out in the field. Kelly and Gil sure did impress upon her children that the husbands need to work from home. So far only Kelton and Bobby seem to be able to hold down a job away from the home. But I don't have any idea what Trace, and the other recently married guy do for a living.  

• Useful 2

I found working from home full time during the onset of the pandemic to be difficult living with two adults and 1 dog. Granted I needed to keep my work HIPAA compliant, so that made it harder, but there was for sure a learning curve for the household. There are great perks to working at home too, but I'm thinking 5 kids, a wife and a dog would make it all but impossible to get anything done.

Maybe it'll work for A&J, but maybe it won't.

• Like 8

Trace does home repairs like Chad did. An unlicensed handyman. I think Warden may work with him. Somehow I don’t think Lydia is as needy as her sister-in-laws. Jackson spent time in Arkansas doing construction with the Duggars before he got married if I am not mistaken. I think he may have a job with his in-laws. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

John will no doubt expect Alyssa to provide him with a hearty lunch every day. Those trays of finger foods which she lovingly prepares for the girls each day won’t cut it. 
Having him home is likely going to increase her workload.
Also, since he is not in the field anymore I guess he will have to give up his work truck. I can’t see the company buying another vehicle for the new tech that replaces him. Maybe that’s why he relented and bought the new car- it’s going to be their only vehicle?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4