Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

The mattresses are in Allie’s room, and the crib is gone.  Maybe they are shifting the girls around. 
Didn’t Zoey break her collarbone a while back?  Alyssa never explained how it happened.  Bunk bed accident perhaps?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Those bunk beds were a hazard since day one. I mean on one of the house tours one of the kids was standing on the top bunk and if that wasn't bad enough - there was a fan right there?? The fan wasn't running at the time but WTH who puts a kid on furniture that high up where they can reach and touch a fan?? And assuming they bought the house a year ago, these kids were 3 and 4 - probably just not enough maturity yet for bunk beds. If those girls are in Allie's room now, well she can continue sister mom-ing them, as Alyssa doesn't need her on Maci duty as much since she likely sleeps thru the night now. Not that the 4 and 5 yr olds need Allie at night, but she's very likely waking them up in the morning, helping them get dressed, taking them downstairs and maybe even grabbing them breakfast. All easier if they're in the same room so Allie knows the second they're awake.

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm on a roll with stalking Bates social media today (don't judge me) and Alyssa posted Zoe's Frozen-themed birthday party:

https://youtu.be/yWW6O-AQHuE

Creepy Daddy-Daughter date aside, the party looked fun and Zoe is one cute kid. 

They did look like they were having fun at the party!   Call me surprised with all the fruit and snacks she had for them.  

Alyssa is probably my least favorite Bates daughter, next to Carlin.  But I really like how colorful their bedroom is and how they dress in pretty, colorful clothes too.  Nice to see them not blend into the background with their neutral shit.  Even nicer when they aren't all matching in their stupid Sunday clothes.  

• Love 7

Help me out.  Does anyone else roll their eyes when they see the daily pic of sneakers and free weights on the garage floor?  It's just the stupidest content ever!  

I don't remember which vid it was, because I usually fast forward through them, but did anyone notice how lopsided her eyebrows were?  It was fucking hilarious and wish I would have taken a still shot.  

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Help me out.  Does anyone else roll their eyes when they see the daily pic of sneakers and free weights on the garage floor?  It's just the stupidest content ever!  

I don't remember which vid it was, because I usually fast forward through them, but did anyone notice how lopsided her eyebrows were?  It was fucking hilarious and wish I would have taken a still shot.  

Yes! It's so dumb. Just as dumb as the million pics of Alyssa's outstretched hand holding coffee.

I'm not even entirely sure she's doing all these workouts. I think Alyssa drinks most of her calories and doesn't eat all that much. 

I think the wonky eyebrows are a bad Botox job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m not sure her eyebrows are lopsided.  She does have one eye that is bigger than the other, so maybe that gives the  impression of wonky brows.  As much as I like snarking on a  lot of her choices, she has no control over that. 

She tried the trendy thicker brows a couple of years back and they did nothing for her.  Looked like caterpillars on her forehead.  They did not last long.  Josie has scaled hers back too.  Not everyone can carry off that look.

• Love 2

Alyssa uploaded her most recent YouTube video. It's boring as shit so I won't bother posting the link, but Lexi has officially moved into Allie's room. The bunk beds were falling apart, so Alyssa got rid of them. It must've been a chintzy set given it didn't last a year (or else the kids were excessively rough). Other highlights (pun intended?) were Alyssa getting her hair done and John sanding a bannister. Yay.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Alyssa made such a big deal about 'cutting her hair' in that video. She hardly did anything with it IMO. If she wanted to cut it, she should have just done that. All she did , IMO, was get a good trim and re-colored it. I didn't care for it much...She also added those extra dark-thick eyebrows to her look, which don't look very good either. I'd like to see her with a nice soft chin length bob of some sort...now that would have looked great on her and maybe embrace the natural hair color that God gave her..Her hair is fried at the ends because she's coloring it to begin with...then add the pool water...not a good mix IMO..She can still do these things and post it. This video was a waste of time.

• Love 6

I don't get it.  She even made a point of saying "It's only hair, it will grow back" and then just cut off 2 inches?  It must be exhausting to be so invested in your appearance.

She also talked about the bunk beds falling apart.  I remember when they bought them- it was just a few months before they bought the house.  I guess if they were cheap to begin with taking them apart to move and then reassembling them made them even more unstable. 

Next video is going to be a reveal of the girls' rooms.  Of course the top priority will be to move the pieces with the names on them to the proper rooms.🙄

• Love 6

Agree.  Her hair doesn't look much different than before the salon visit.  I know it can be difficult getting a good picture of color, but it looked bad.  I commented it looked gray, because the one reel really was.  Thought maybe she was into that gray/silver hair.  I then see she posted a couple more pics, saying that the color really isn't that different.  Looks fried.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just from looking at her pictures, that is neither a good cut nor color. It is very difficult to have someone color your hair at home. Cutting hair is one thing but color is different. She said it was her best friend who came to the house and did her hair. But you get what you pay for. Bleach and pool chemicals are not a good combination for hair. 

• Love 5

The good friend that came to her house was pregnant and quite far along!  I always read not to color YOUR hair while pregnant!

I'm guessing standing over someone and smelling those fumes would be really bad!

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It is very difficult to have someone color your hair at home. Cutting hair is one thing but color is different. She said it was her best friend who came to the house and did her hair. 

I agree. Is the friend an actual working stylist who happens to do house visits or someone who got a cosmetology license ages ago and occasionally dabbles? 

Alyssa posted the girls' bedroom makeover on her YouTube channel. One thing that surprised me was the mattresses. They looked like the flimsy, thin ones you get in dorm rooms that require eighteen mattress pads to be tolerable. No box springs either and no wide slats on the bed frame, just metal rods. My back hurt just looking at it. 

Edited by BitterApple

Well little kids don't weigh much so I guess it would be less uncomfortable for them. But hey, they get adjusted regularly by the best chiropractor ever so I guess they don't need good beds! 😜

My father worked for a mattress company so we always had good beds growing up.  

What bothered me was Alyssa basically coaching Lexi to say that Allie was her best friend.  Lexi said she was the best big sister, but Alyssa wanted her to say "best friend".  What is the obsession with siblings being best friends anyhow?  I don't get it.

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Well little kids don't weigh much so I guess it would be less uncomfortable for them. But hey, they get adjusted regularly by the best chiropractor ever so I guess they don't need good beds! 😜

My father worked for a mattress company so we always had good beds growing up.  

What bothered me was Alyssa basically coaching Lexi to say that Allie was her best friend.  Lexi said she was the best big sister, but Alyssa wanted her to say "best friend".  What is the obsession with siblings being best friends anyhow?  I don't get it.

Gothard warned against allowing kids to have friends outside the family who might lead them astray.  So, I expect she wants her kids to be 'best friends' because they won't be getting other options.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

😜

Uh-oh, Little Lexi clearly wasn't sticking to the script. That's why she's my favorite Webster, lol. For some reason, Alyssa's really weird like that. It reminds me of I Love You Day, when Carlin went to Alyssa's hotel and Alyssa started badgering Layla about being her favorite aunt two seconds after she walked through the door. The kid sees you once a year, Alyssa, she has no clue who you are. Personally, I think "best big sister" is a really sweet compliment. 

• Love 8

Few things.  I thought I might be the only one who thinks it odd to push your sibling to be your best friend.  Let it be natural, not forced.  But they have no idea what natural is.

So John's IG is now just Alyssa's second one?  I'm sure I'll be blocked because I asked how John liked it looking so feminine now. 

Does she not own any real plates/dishes?  Every damn picture of them eating is on paper plates.  For one slice of pizza or snacks, you can use a small plate and throw it in the dishwasher.  Or, make them wash it right away.  I realize the family is big and that's a lot of dishes, but come on. 

• Love 6

I, too was just going to comment about Alyssa terrible beds for her daughters. The first thing I noticed was the flimsy, cheap mattress, followed by no box spring and no mattress pad. How disgusting to me to sleep on a thin, flimsy sheet covering a bare mattress. Those beds look like they cam from worse than Big Lots. Why do they have no furniture in their bedrooms? I understand the night stand was coming,..but no dresser or small bureau & mirror? Clearly she does not know how to really live well...you don't need a big house with a pool and a glass dining room table to live well, but you certainly need good beds and bedding...IMO, these are the things that count. Do Alyssa and John have a box spring, good mattress and mattress pads on their bed? If so,, why not the girls? Once again, I don't like what she "did" with her hair...nothing much there. It looks the same to me. Actually CUT IT,  please and why not try out your natural hair color...you know, the one GOD assigned to you?

• Love 6

The paper plate usage drives me crazy too. The Duggars are infamous for their constant use of paper products instead of actual plates and glasses. It’s just wasteful and lazy. If they are eating by the pool, how about the plastic dishes from Target that are washable?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I, too was just going to comment about Alyssa terrible beds for her daughters. The first thing I noticed was the flimsy, cheap mattress, followed by no box spring and no mattress pad. How disgusting to me to sleep on a thin, flimsy sheet covering a bare mattress. Those beds look like they cam from worse than Big Lots. Why do they have no furniture in their bedrooms? I understand the night stand was coming,..but no dresser or small bureau & mirror? Clearly she does not know how to really live well...you don't need a big house with a pool and a glass dining room table to live well, but you certainly need good beds and bedding...IMO, these are the things that count. Do Alyssa and John have a box spring, good mattress and mattress pads on their bed? If so,, why not the girls? Once again, I don't like what she "did" with her hair...nothing much there. It looks the same to me. Actually CUT IT,  please and why not try out your natural hair color...you know, the one GOD assigned to you?

It looked like there is a large closet on the wall across from the bed, which also contains the entrance door. They must have drawers or shelves in there because there is really little floor space left for any other furniture. Maybe a small bookcase on the far wall perpendicular to the closet with a mirror above.

Can't believe the fitted sheet right on the mattress with no pad! One of the mattresses had a visible stain that a pad could have prevented. 

• Love 5

I guess box springs are outdated?  Seems to me a box spring with an attached headboard is much sturdier than a flimsy bed. And no mattress pad?  Kids have accidents.  They make waterproof mattress pads now that don't crinkle and you never have to worry about the mattress being damaged.

I think Alyssa has closet organizers.  You can get hanging ones that have cubbies and the kids can easily see their clothes and get what they need.  It seems that dressers are on their way to being outdated too.

My mother had 5 kids, no dishwasher, and we never used paper plates.  Alyssa has a dishwasher.  Paper plates are so wasteful and flimsy. The chances of messing up her pristine white dining room are much greater using paper plates.  She can buy Corelle at Target or Walmart for a few dollars a plate.  They are light weight and remarkably strong. To her credit, I noticed Josie does not use paper plates, and I think Carlin doesn't either.

• Love 7
(edited)
34 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I guess box springs are outdated?  Seems to me a box spring with an attached headboard is much sturdier than a flimsy bed. And no mattress pad?  Kids have accidents.  They make waterproof mattress pads now that don't crinkle and you never have to worry about the mattress being damaged.

I think Alyssa has closet organizers.  You can get hanging ones that have cubbies and the kids can easily see their clothes and get what they need.  It seems that dressers are on their way to being outdated too.

This comment was made on page 13 of the "Rock the Block" thread:

"I feel like the smaller bedroom trend is due to the fact that people aren't buying bedroom sets anymore.  It seems that as long as you have room for a king size bed and a couple of nightstands you are good to go.  A lot of walk in closets have drawers, so dressers are no longer needed."

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

This comment was made on page 13 of the "Rock the Block" thread:

"I feel like the smaller bedroom trend is due to the fact that people aren't buying bedroom sets anymore.  It seems that as long as you have room for a king size bed and a couple of nightstands you are good to go.  A lot of walk in closets have drawers, so dressers are no longer needed."

LOL!! I wrote that post. 

• Love 2

Alyssa's Easter video:

https://youtu.be/XNmHvPoXyCE

I don't want any of you to die from boredom, so I'll summarize:

Alyssa's sycophant friend stages a surprise Easter egg hunt for the girls. She's laboring in the Florida sun while Alyssa is in her nice air conditioned house, stuffing her face with pizza. This is the same friend that does her laundry, cleans her house and ferries her around for errands. Where can I find an insecure rube to do all my grunt work? Just joking (well, maybe....).

Anyways, the video segues to John blathering about Jesus and ends with the girls opening their Easter baskets. Alyssa fawns over Maci and ignores the other three, so it's business as usual, even on a holiday. 

Also interesting to note that Katie's been horribly sick for a week. For as many surprise coffees and takeouts she's sent to Alyssa when Alyssa's had a bad day, you'd think the latter would return the favor. But nope, nada, and we all know if it happened Alyssa would humblebrag or Katie would post about it and tag her. I don't think anyone's ever really in relationship with Alyssa, they're just unpaid interns. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Alyssa's sycophant friend stages a surprise Easter egg hunt for the girls. She's laboring in the Florida sun while Alyssa is in her nice air conditioned house, stuffing her face with pizza. This is the same friend that does her laundry, cleans her house and ferries her around for errands. Where can I find an insecure rube to do all my grunt work? Just joking (well, maybe....).

I could use one of those, too.  How do these families rope people into doing so much for them? 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Alyssa's Easter video:

https://youtu.be/XNmHvPoXyCE

I don't want any of you to die from boredom, so I'll summarize:

Anyways, the video segues to John blathering about Jesus and ends with the girls opening their Easter baskets. Alyssa fawns over Maci and ignores the other three, so it's business as usual, even on a holiday. 

Also interesting to note that Katie's been horribly sick for a week. For as many surprise coffees and takeouts she's sent to Alyssa when Alyssa's had a bad day, you'd think the latter would return the favor. But nope, nada, and we all know if it happened Alyssa would humblebrag or Katie would post about it and tag her. I don't think anyone's ever really in relationship with Alyssa, they're just unpaid interns. 

I watched it too. Her videos are boring and dull. Same old mind numbing crap every week. And most of the time the camera is on her! She really needs to do things with the kids, take them places, get out and let the kids be kids! It's like she is trying to project a perfect home/life/ house and obedient children. I don't know why I keep watching them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Alyssa has decided to step away from Instagram for a bit.  Evidently a story she posted last fall where Maci was crawling all over her and slapping her face was tagged as "bullying and harassment", possibly because she called Maci "crazy", and as a result not all of her followers have been able to access her content.  She will post occasionally, but not as often as before, so don't flood her with "are you ok messages". Her twice weekly You Tube videos will continue.

Not sure what to make of this.  Admittedly, it's a dumb call by Instagram. She says she is being shadow banned and her content is being hidden or pushed to the back. She says she puts a lot of effort into creating content every day, and it bothers her that it is harder for her followers to access that content. Pretty sure this has affected her financially, so I can understand the frustration.  Full disclosure, I have continued to see her posts every day, but I follow less than 50 people, most of which are family who only post sporadically, so I am not a representative sample of an Instagram user.

The cynic in me thinks she is doing this to drive up her You Tube views, and also to actually generate more interest in whatever she does decide to post to Instagram.  Would not be at all surprised if after a short break she comes back with a "surprise announcement" that she is pregnant.

I do think she and John rely heavily on her influencer income to have "nice things", and I bet this is really hurting them financially.

• Love 4

Hahahahah -- sorry but this is code for "I'm not getting as many high quality free goodies I thought I'd be getting from being on here [maybe I'm not as important of an influencer as I thought] so I'm gonna take my toys and go." Lol.

I'm sorry but what content does she work so hard to put out?? It is daily pics of her coffee + kids in backpacks once a wk with comments about how hard it is to get everyone out the door + her pool/sunset pics with #blessed + siblings visiting every month + showing off makeup/hair products she gets for free hoping she'll get more of those and more free stuff but obv it isn't working because she's just not interesting enough for companies to waste goods on her?! I mean I think her and many of her sisters are going to realize that in order to continue to get more and better free stuff now that the show is gone, there has to be some interesting reason people want to follow them and thus companies want to lavish goods on them. Being just another stay home mommy IGer is not interesting enough as IG is full of them.

And yes I do think she thinks this will drive YT views and maybe that's better financially-- I mean this gets her free products, but that actually makes money. But I predict after a bump up for a few weeks where people are wondering about Alyssa, that falls off/back to current levels bc no one is going to sit thru boring ass videos. She legit has nothing interesting to show us - which is fine - most of us don't have camera worthy lives; but if you are looking to make money off your life, find something interesting?? Honestly I think this will drive a pregnancy announcement pretty soon. That's all these girls know AND you know she is competitive enough that she keeps tabs on her sisters' Youtube numbers. You KNOW she has noticed that Carlin/Evan have been getting 80-100k+ views for all the videos re - I'm pregnant; drs appointments; name; baby showers; labor; older sibling w/ younger etc. That's like $400-500/wk, which A&J can certainly use. What they haven't thought thru though - including C&E - the bump in baby revenue ain't going to last forever and each subsequent baby will be less interesting, but hey for now it's $$$.

• Love 6

I knew Instagram wasn't going well for Alyssa when she was fishing around for free skincare. She used to have the entire range of Tula (which isn't cheap) then recently claimed she was looking for something new because Tula was getting too expensive (translation: they stopped sending her free shit). Enter, Dime Beauty, the same stuff Katie shills. 

I have absolutely no issue with Alyssa or anyone else treating social media as a business, however she needs a complete overhaul. Her entire Instagram is coffee, pool, Maci and matchy dresses on repeat. If she wants to consolidate traffic to her YouTube channel, fine, but take a page out of the other Mommy-Vloggers' books. Make videos on homeschool routines, cleaning routines, meal prep, organizing, budgeting, etc. (If she's actually doing any of these things, which I'm dubious). There needs to be more purpose and focus, rather than just documenting random days. 

I also think Carlin and Evan are successful on YouTube because they're warm and engaging with their audience. Maybe Alyssa is a great person behind closed doors, but on camera she radiates a snobby aloofness and John has the personality of a doorknob. They don't really have the kind of extroverted natures needed to do well in that medium. 

• Love 15

Her most interesting posts were about fixing up the house.  I was curious to see how everything turned out.  But there is no follow through.  One of the latest You Tube installments was John sanding the stair railings so they could paint everything black.  In the Easter video you can see that the railing is black now, but you can also see that the trim on the stairs still needs to be sanded and touched up.  I noticed that a year ago.  I realize that John works long hours, and he may just want to relax on the weekends, but surely there is nothing stopping Alyssa from doing those touch-ups while Maci is napping and the older girls are playing or doing schoolwork.  Even if she only did a couple of steps a day it would only take a week or two to finish. 

Also their front door looks like crap.  If she did a series of stories about painting the door instead of endless shots of her daily coffee she might get more people to follow her.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

The cynic in me thinks she is doing this to drive up her You Tube views, and also to actually generate more interest in whatever she does decide to post to Instagram.  Would not be at all surprised if after a short break she comes back with a "surprise announcement" that she is pregnant.

I will join you on the cynical bus because I thought the exact same thing. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I will join you on the cynical bus because I thought the exact same thing. 

Make room for me too. Alyssa and John are just boring! Plus no one wants to watch a video where her “friend” does all the work and Alyssa is nowhere in sight. Josie and Carlin are far more engaging plus they are out and about. 

• Love 5

Well the - that's it I'm off IG ultimatum lasted all of one afternoon. She's posting this morning on John's account - pics of Maci and the other kids; the girls' answers re school etc. Give me a break.

I've always said these daughters aren't going to be able to keep their extra incomes going for long without the show. Certain posters screamed and yelled about noooo they're so popular but I think we're seeing it now. I mean there are a TON of crappy D list reality stars out there; once you are off the air you are yesterday's news, how many people are REALLY invested in buying the products you are pushing or buying your crappy t shirts like BSB, when they can follow whoever is on the air now? It's no coincidence that the show gets canceled and a few months later, Alyssa is suddenly looking for a new beauty line because the expensive one is now suddenly too expensive [i.e. they don't give me freebies anymore]; BSB has had like 3 cash and carry sales in a month and people who've gone in person report they're not only selling clothing but anything you want to buy whether mirrors or racks or hangers in what smells like an eventual wind-down.

Don't get me wrong I think ultimately Alyssa, Carlin, and esp Josie will be fine because of skilled trade husbands. They will have a much better life than the one they grew up in themselves. Yet all the fun extras just aren't going to be there bc while the husbands make money, they don't make endless sums of money to where the wives can just drop $100/wk on beauty products or constantly redecorating or whatever.

None of these girls know how to do social media besides OMG I'm having a baby - here are pregnancy related YT videos for a bunch of weeks and those will generate $500/wk. They just don't have enough going on/don't want to have enough going on to be interesting. No one is tuning in for daily pics of coffee or your daily OMG this is SUCH a hard season of life but I keep reminding myself I'm soooo #blessed [Carlin].

Edited by cereality
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's not even shadow banned. I was able to pull her up by searching the first three letters of her username. She's delusional.

So her followers are just bored with her content and she can't deal 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Obviously she is just looking for a reason for a drop in views, because it couldn't possibly be that her posts are repetitive and boring as watching paint dry.  So instead, she plays the victim.  Sorry Alyssa, but no one is dying to see your daily cup of coffee, workout, toes in the sun as you lounge by the pool, and 17836 photos of Maci.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I don't follow any of them on instagram.  So, I'm not really understanding what happened.  Was Alyssa kicked off instagram? 

Not at all. I just saw her post from yesterday. Shadowbanning happens when posts are reported to IG as offensive in some matter. If an account is shadowbanned, it's still there but it's harder to find as you have to type the entire username rather than just a few characters. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I don't follow any of them on instagram.  So, I'm not really understanding what happened.  Was Alyssa kicked off instagram? 

So Alyssa put out a whole announcement yesterday saying she's stepping back from IG CLAIMING she's been shadow banned -- i.e. Insta has flagged her account for bullying material [they can flag accounts for misconduct] bc of some video from 6+ mos ago where Maci was stepping all over her face and she called Maci crazy. Because of alleged shadow banning, her account is not visible to all her followers so she's stepping back bc it's not worth it for her to work SOOOO HARD to put out new content when her followers can't even see it.

She's full of $hit. As @emmawoodhouse confirms - her account isn't shadow banned bc it comes up immediately when you search; if it were shadow banned it would be harder/next to impossible for you to find her on IG. She also should look up what shadow banning even means bc even w/ shadow banning your FOLLOWERS can still see your IG. So it's BS to say I'm putting out so much great content and it's a waste bc my followers can't see it; yes Alyssa they can - they just aren't watching. Sure NEW people who don't follow you - i.e. beauty companies, home goods companies and wherever else she wants freebies from - may not be able to find her, but the story she and all the sisters tell is NOOOOO we do this for our loyal subjects.

Reality is her hits dropped and she doesn't want to accept that even her own followers just aren't watching. Her story is the next on their feed - they skip past it - knowing all they miss is pics of her coffee, coffee machine, Maci, her pool, the sunset, or kids in backpacks once a week w/ statements of OMG it's SOOOO hard to get everyone out the door. In other words - snoozeville. I'm still laughing at "I work SOOOOO hard to create content" - um no Alyssa you don't; you don't go anywhere, you don't take the kids anywhere; you don't do house projects - you simply photograph your coffee and think that entitles you to any freebies you want.

I'm looking forward to her already low YouTube hits falling off next. She must be in a jealous rage that Carlin and Evan regularly get 100k hits on YT videos - which translates to about ~$300-500. While C&E are annoying as hell, they are funny and fun to watch; they have a lot of stuff to show right now w/ the new kid, new house and even when they've totally had nothing to show and cooked something up for that week [a random camping trip on the side of the road comes to mind], it's still not a torturous, serious video to get thru - it's still inviting and fun. John I think actually does have some sense of humor but Alyssa's all business/we're doing this to make money/you're gonna do it MY way view of things does not help.

• Love 8

Another You Tube video is up.  It's about painting the stair rails.  This one really is like watching paint dry.  

I have stained all the spindles on a much larger staircase, and I can tell you it is a lot of work.  It took me almost a month. It's mind-numbing, tedious, and I didn't have to care for little kids when I did it.  So I give them props for even attempting it.  

That said, I have come to the conclusion that John may be handy, but he is not a stickler for details.  They did a terrible job with the masking tape, and I am willing to bet that when they removed it there were going to be a ton of touch-ups, because you could see the edges weren't straight.  They used white primer, but the paint was black.  I guess they didn't know that you could get primer tinted, so they had to do extra coats of black.  They were using big brushes to paint fairly small spindles- again I guess they weren't aware of smaller brushes or those disposable foam brushes (I used those).  And they made a ton of extra work for themselves by leaving the base plate white- this is where the poor masking job will come back to bite them.  Too much emphasis on the boring parts of the job, and at the end of the video they still weren't done- switch to - surprise! Alyssa taking her sister on a dinner "date".  

Their You Tube videos aren't much better than the Instagram content.  I don't think she will ever approach the views Carlin gets.  And Carlin and Evan must be doing very well- they traded up for a bigger SUV, and they were talking about meeting with a contractor to get some work done at their new house- not Chad or the brothers, but a real contactor.  I bet Alyssa is pissed, and she has a good relationship with Carlin.

• Love 7