Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Let Him Die

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

The firehouse receives unsettling news when two of their own come up missing following a routine call, prompting members of Chicago P.D. to lead the search. Meanwhile, Casey and Dawson have a hard time figuring how to juggle their personal and professional lives. Elsewhere, Chief Boden and Donna struggle with news that their newborn has potential complications and they receive a surprise out-of-town visitor.

Enjoyed it. Glad Baby Boden, Mills and Brett made it through alive. Do I detect a Mills/Brett/Cruz Triangle coming?. I'm sorry guys but I'm actually liking Brett. She's more interesting than Dawson that's for sure. Can Dawson and Casey actually stay broken up at least for a While? Sick of Dawson. Was the ending suggesting an Arsonist and it's someone who knew Shay(Damn I miss her!)

• Love 3

I'm so glad that Gabby was able to be the hero yet again and save Brett and Mills, followed by several people patting her on the back and telling her how awesome she is. I was worried that they might not be able to have her save the day in this storyline since they showed her at home in the beginning, but they managed! 

I'm glad Gabby and Casey broke up. It won't last, but I'm going to enjoy Casey being free of that miserable dud even if it's just for one episode.

I think Brett fits better with Mills than she does with Cruz. Don't really care about her either way though.

I love how a bunch of firefighters were allowed to run into an unsafe building filled with gunfire right along with the cops. I enjoyed this episode, but I was trying to figure out exactly when the writing for this show went downhill. Was it when Chicago PD started?

Awesome! Now Super Gabby is not only a paramedic, a fire fighter, but she's also a detective! She's just so amazing at so many things, I don't know how the rest of the world can stand it. I can only wish to aspire to be like her when I grow up. 

Lord, what a load of crap. 

I like Brett, and would like to see her with Cruz, but all signs are pointing to Mills. Glad Baby Boden is going to be okay. 

• Love 4

For the buildup of "making the call" and "using her chit" for Brett, that was kind of anticlimactic that all she got out of it is a prison hospital visit. (I took it to mean that Gus *persuaded* the neck wound suspect to talk to PeterMills.) I thought Gus (do I have that name right?) would go kill the mob guy.

Eamonn Walker - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. every time I saw his face, my heart broke for the Chief a little bit more. boo. I enjoy that Donna's hair was its naturally bouncy self the next day in the hospital. :-)  Christopher and Cindy are the best friends ever. But I thought Donna might have her own friends/family there.

HOW did all 4 of them make it out of the town car without being decapitated!?!?!?

• Love 6

Yeah, Dawson to save the day.  BARF!  Her sorry ass should have been suspended for leaving the firehouse like she did in a snit because she was called down about her shit.

Free Casey!  Free Casey-let him be completely free of the bitch Dawson.

Glad the baby is going to be okay and loved the fact that Boden's daddy came.  He knew something wasn't right when he was talking to Boden.  I really hope that the writers show more of that relationship.  Love how Chris & Cindy were there for Chief and Donna.  True friends.

Yeah, since when did the police allow 1 policeman and a firehouse of firemen to try to track down/locate supposedly kidnapped First Responders?  Ain't gonna happen!  

I love Cruz and I want to see him happy.  He has had enough sadness and torture in his life. 

Enough of Dawson, the crossovers, etc.  get back to the writing that was the first season.  Shay should never have been killed off.  I so do miss her.  I don't think anyone would have minded if they killed off Dawson.

• Love 1

Yeah, since when did the police allow 1 policeman and a firehouse of firemen to try to track down/locate supposedly kidnapped First Responders? n!  

I don't think anyone would have minded if they killed off Dawson.

One guy from Intelligence is worth a platoon. Casey grieving for Dawson would have been better than Severide getting drunk, married & divorced in a month. 

• Love 4

Did Grandpa just know from Boden's voice that something was wrong, or did Christopher call him?  I love Boden and Christopher's burgeoning friendship; it might be the best relationship on the show right now.

I don't watch Chicago PD so would be happy for Dawson to flex those detective muscles and join the force.  Pretty please?

• Love 1

Did Grandpa just know from Boden's voice that something was wrong, or did Christopher call him?  I love Boden and Christopher's burgeoning friendship; it might be the best relationship on the show right now.

Hermann, Mouch and the Chief all went to the Academy together, IIRC. In a previous episode they went to a fellow firefighter's funeral (or did they just visit him?) together. I inferred that Hermann didn't move up the chain as fast as Boden because of all the babies. And Mouch didn't want to ever be anything more than a firefighter.

I thought Hermann called the father as well.

I also liked how Hermann and Cindy were leaving after being there all day and when the doctor came in with the news about potential deficits, they came right back in and sat down.

• Love 3

So the mobster is the one that had them kidnapped?  The guy from the helicopter crash got the guy to talk?  It was all weird and not really explained or maybe it was late and is me.

• Love 1

So Brett wanted to let their kidnapper die. She and Cruz are meant for each other.

Glad PeterMills put all that fight club rage he tends to get from time to time to good use.

So over the weekend I did a binge watch of It's a Different World and Richard Roundtree was Kimberley's dad on that show.  So now in my head Kim and Boden are brother and sister.

Oh my goodness Gabby, just go away.  Like other's have said I can't believe they still managed to make Brett and Mills' kidnapping still all about her. And seriously, She packs her bags and leaves and then get's all upset that Casey didn't play her little high school game and run after her.Just annoying.  Isn't it time for Brian V. to get a SL again. Can they focus on him for a while and let Gabby and Casey go wherever horrible relationships go to die. They seriously have me missing Hallie(whom I didn't care one way or the other about).

Season 1 CF was so my jam now I'm wondering is it too late to get into New Amsterdam...I mean "Forever"...

Edited by miracole
  • Love 1

If being a fire fighter is more important to Gabby than being in a relationship with Casey, then Casey is well rid of her. This show took an enormous misstep when they had Gabby become a fire fighter in the first place. Not only did it come out of nowhere and contradict an earlier plot point where she wanted to be a doctor, but the immediacy of it made it even more implausible. Couldn't she have simply waited until a candidacy opened up elsewhere, thus saving her relationship with Casey, who she has been pining for since Day 1? Why did she so desperately need to become a fire fighter that she couldn't wait anymore? It's all so contrived I don't see how the audience is supposed to buy into it let alone be invested in it.

The scenes with Mills and Brett in the warehouse really saved the episode. I'm not a fan of baby episodes so I'm not much interested in Boden's but I'm glad the baby is OK since it otherwise could have dragged out all season long.

• Love 1

Maybe they need to do another spin - off,  Chicago Gabby and those sicko Gabby lovers can watch all of her heroic deeds, and we can be left alone to enjoy the Chicago Fire that we loved in Season 1.

I would love that!  

Besides, that would be a show that I would never ever watch.......I would watch paint dry first before watching Chicago Gabby show.  :-)

• Love 2

Maybe they need to do another spin - off,  Chicago Gabby and those sicko Gabby lovers can watch all of her heroic deeds, and we can be left alone to enjoy the Chicago Fire that we loved in Season 1.

She could take over Molly's full time...saving a customer every week after the inevitable drunken brawl morphs into a gunfight.

• Love 1

I also liked how Hermann and Cindy were leaving after being there all day and when the doctor came in with the news about potential deficits, they came right back in and sat down.

Eh, that seemed a little off to me... the Bodens looked like they needed some privacy to digest the bad news/ comfort one another.

Oh course, this being CF, bad news turned to "everything's fine" (I know there could still be complications, but you get my drift) by the end of the episode. Just keep burning through those storylines, show...

• Love 1

Are we supposed to think that Brett purposely left a trail of alcohol packs/bread crumbs for her whereabouts to be found or that they just conveniently fell out of her pocket (at intervals) as she was carried into that warehouse?

Edited by MaryHedwig

Eh, that seemed a little off to me... the Bodens looked like they needed some privacy to digest the bad news/ comfort one another.

Oh course, this being CF, bad news turned to "everything's fine" (I know there could still be complications, but you get my drift) by the end of the episode. Just keep burning through those storylines, show...

I agree especially since they came right back in and sat down.  Although I understand their friends I can't imagine that Cindy and Donna are especially close since Donna and Boden haven't been married that long.  Unless somehow Cindy knew Donna previously but that seems unlikely and they've never brought it up.  Does Donna have no friends or family of her own?  I know personally if I just got news that my baby could have brain damage I would want to process it with just my husband not somebody I've known for six months.  

It also seemed odd that Cindy was able to stay there all day.  I understand it was to be nice and demonstrate the firehouse family.  But I don't know how it was even possible as a SAHM it's very tricky for me to arrange care for my children even when it affects us directly.  A few years ago my husband was in the hospital for a few days with pneumonia and it was difficult to find care so I could be with him.  And we only had one child at that point.  I've found the more kids the fewer people willing to watch them.  I would think it would be very difficult for Cindy to coordinate a full day's care for all of her children.  Especially when her presence seemed almost like an intrusion to me.

• Love 2

Are we supposed to think that Brett purposely left a trail of alcohol packs/bread crumbs for her whereabouts to be found or that they just conveniently felt out of her pocket (at intervals) as she was carried into that warehouse?

I assumed she did it on purpose. I do not think she was carried into the warehouse. I also assumed it was either a combination of Mills/Gun Guy, Mills/Brett or Brett/Gun Guy carrying the injured guy to the warehouse. In my head I went with the Mills/Gun Guy route, so Brett could conspicuously throw alcohol packs on the ground. Was it mentioned or shown how they all ended up at the warehouse? A throwaway line or something? I wasn't watching that closely.

• Love 1

I'm glad Gabby and Casey broke up. It won't last, but I'm going to enjoy Casey being free of that miserable dud even if it's just for one episode.

So after Gaby left shift did she just go home and sit on her couch in silence with a pissed off look on her face? Because that is what she was doing when Casey called to tell her about Mills and Sylvie. 

So over the weekend I did a binge watch of It's a Different World and Richard Roundtree was Kimberley's dad on that show.  So now in my head Kim and Boden are brother and sister.

That was Richard Roundtree (didn't even recognize him)? John Shaft is Boden's dad? Yea that sounds about right.

• Love 1

Gabby is such a passive aggressive bitch. From the way she said finally when Casey called her to tell her that Mills and Brett were missing, to her crying on the porch when she left the house and finally when she was complaining to Brett that Casey didn't try to stop her from leaving shows that to be the case. She would be a hard one to live with.

• Love 2

Mills tried to kill the driver in the midst of his kidnapping in order to escape. He didn't want that man to die because of something that he did or didn't do after. Peter Mills seems to have a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong.

• Love 2

Mills tried to kill the driver in the midst of his kidnapping in order to escape. He didn't want that man to die because of something that he did or didn't do after. Peter Mills seems to have a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong.

I am amazed that no one was actually killed in the car crash. I mean they hit that trailer pretty fast, it took off the whole roof of the car, and everyone in the car was pretty distracted before the hit so how did they duck down to safety in time? Especially when Peter Mills's leg was at the driver's neck?

The thing is, Gabby always looks sour, so it's more like her baseline.

It reminds me of the episode where Gabby and Casey were in there apartment in the living room, and Severide was in his room having loud sex with his wife and they were just sitting on the couch staring forward in silence. Does that apartment not have a TV or a radio or something? Is there nothing she could be doing around the house? Are her or Casey related to David Puddy?

I am amazed that no one was actually killed in the car crash. I mean they hit that trailer pretty fast, it took off the whole roof of the car, and everyone in the car was pretty distracted before the hit so how did they duck down to safety in time? Especially when Peter Mills's leg was at the driver's neck?

Thank you.  I thought this as well.  Good grief.  At least the driver's head would have been taken off in real life. 

The baby.   The writers - I'm telling you...  The baby goes from teetering on the edge of life and death to zooming to full-blown healthy in a matter of a day or so.  Talk about unrealistic story lines and scenarios.  The writers don't even try.

Again, I have to ask, when they go on calls, where the hell are the police?!  The firefighters have enough to do without having to direct traffic and charge into buildings where people are being held hostage.  The paramedics would never have there at the scene without police presence in the first place.

LOL - I watch the show simply to snark at the lousy writing (and some very lousy acting).    I cannot believe they are still on the air and will be surprised if they get renewed after this.  They don't deserve it.

• Love 1

When Gabbey was so proud of how things were going as she and Casey were no longer a couple, I said YAAAAY. I like that.  Move on.  Having them argue, pout, whine and do stupid stuff isn't intriguing to me.  Let's just end it and move on. I have zero interest in watching their firehouse romance.

• Love 1

When Gabbey was so proud of how things were going as she and Casey were no longer a couple, I said YAAAAY. I like that.  Move on.  Having them argue, pout, whine and do stupid stuff isn't intriguing to me.  Let's just end it and move on. I have zero interest in watching their firehouse romance.

I wasn't REALLY paying attention the second before but I immediately looked up at that. 

What the hell is wrong with her? They are better off together, but WHO SAYS THAT OUT LOUD TO THEIR EX?!