Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Katie W said:

I've read some of the filings and I think she's only going after Ariana because of the two of them; Ariana has money.  I think Tom is broke. Ariana's lawyers have already submitted evidence from experts that the video was deleted and that it was only sent to Rachel. I can not believe Rachel is still talking about this on her podcast.  Ariana's lawyers have already used what she's said in her podcast when they filed to have the case dismissed. She's already contradicted herself mulitple times on the podcast! 

I’m calling it now - the hiatus will give RachelRaquel nothing to talk about on her podcast, so she will resort to recapping old episodes of VPR 😝 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, politichick said:

But how could she do that if Tom deleted it from her phone? I don't think she would do that but if she would have in the heat and shock of the moment, as someone said above, Tom did Ariana a favor by deleting it from her phone.

I sadly read most of the transcript on reddit and Rachel's lawyers probably want to slap her now. She pretty much exonerated Ariana and admitted she's suing her for spite--or as she stupidly said, to make her boundaries clear. The girl still needs help.

Wow! I think having an explicit video out there must be very scary, but if all Ariana did was send Rachel the footage of herself, I wish she'd drop this. Even when Ariana did that, it was heat of the moment just found out in the worst way you've been sleeping with my partner of like a decade. I don't think Ariana would ever make the footage public or threaten to the way that Frank guy did with Stassi. She's not some sleaze ball.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

But that’s what she’s suing for. That they shared the video with others. Outside the three of them I haven’t heard anybody else claim they actually saw it. I’m pretty sure Rachel and her lawyers had no clue re text to Logan saying Tom deleted it from Ariana’s phone almost immediately. 

I guess she’s suing Sandoval recording her without per permission. She may have a civil case against him. I guess we’ll see how it plays out. 

I meant that the video didn't appear anywhere in public (as in resurfacing). And I think she is suing for retaliatory reasons, not necessarily monetary reasons. Yes, she is suing Sandoval for recording it without her permission.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I used to think Raquel would come back to the show in a second if they offered her a spot on season 12, but she probably shot down that chance with all of the lawsuits.

• Like 3

Anyone here listen to Ryan Bailey’s VPR podcast?  I’m watching a VPR rerun on the E! Channel right now and Nick Alain shows up.  “NICK ALAAAAAIIIIIIIIN!”

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I used to think Raquel would come back to the show in a second if they offered her a spot on season 12, but she probably shot down that chance with all of the lawsuits.

Sandoval said in an interview (the New York Times Magazine one?) that he thought Rachel would return to the show in a later season after she had therapy. This seems impossible now.

• Like 1

Eater Los Angeles Review of SAH

Eater LA posted a review of the shop.  They give the shop a pretty favorable review and sounds like the food is reasonably priced for the area. I read they don't serve coffee because they want to support a local business next door that sells it. The lines were insane yesterday for the opening; I hope it continues to do well once the hype dies down. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, politichick said:

Interestingly, I read that Schwartz was the only cast member to congratulate the girls on their opening: https://www.realitytea.com/2024/05/23/tom-schwartz-only-pump-rules-star-congratulate-ariana-madix-katie-maloney-sah-opening/

I bet steam is coming out of Lala and Scheana's ears, and Brock's too, because the shop has kicked off with a bang. I am as happy as one can be for two people I don't know, lol. Wishing them the best! 

Have to wonder if Lisa’s silence is over the friend she sent to SAH to help open it and then wanted more of a share of the business than was reasonable.  The best revenge is success and I hope SAH hangs around for quite a while.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, politichick said:

Interestingly, I read that Schwartz was the only cast member to congratulate the girls on their opening: https://www.realitytea.com/2024/05/23/tom-schwartz-only-pump-rules-star-congratulate-ariana-madix-katie-maloney-sah-opening/

I bet steam is coming out of Lala and Scheana's ears, and Brock's too, because the shop has kicked off with a bang. I am as happy as one can be for two people I don't know, lol. Wishing them the best! 

Oh hell, at the Reunion last year, didn't they reveal that they had already sold over $250K just in merch?  I imagine it's gotten to be a lot more in the past year. 

Is anyone buying the "Give Them Lala" cheap rebranded cosmetics?  And how much income does Scheana get from the podcast.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Schwartz on Brittany & Jax podcast. He began distancing himself from Jo when he began to realize that she was a compulsive liar. She lied about matters when it would have been so easy and simple to tell the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I’m finding the “show behind the show” way more interesting than the show itself.  Like Jo acting completely unhinged on social media (proving Katie right - the girl is weird) and Lala is now feuding with Brittany over hiring the same nannies or some crap.  Who cares what but I never could stand Brittany and I’m glad that they’re all not kissing her corny ass like they used to.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I hardly ever go to the Reddit thread (I find it confusing), but somebody over there said Jo is Schwartz’ karma and she ain’t going away anytime soon.

And yes I agree - the girl is a little odd (sometimes in a try hard way). Also - what she did was completely shady. Was she expecting a parade? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 5/24/2024 at 9:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Schwartz on Brittany & Jax podcast. He began distancing himself from Jo when he began to realize that she was a compulsive liar. She lied about matters when it would have been so easy and simple to tell the truth. 

He could still be gaslighting her (although in this case I believe him).

These men are awful. I’m glad Ariana said on camera on the finale what I’ve been thinking for years watching this show about “male rage”. 

These men love to yell at girls. Been doing it for years. Particularly Tom Sandoval (see Katie’s Mom for recent misogyny). God fucking forbid it goes the other way (see historically Katie). Brock in particular with his  “horror” at Ariana’s “behavior”. Sit down and STFU Brock. You’re talking way too much. Like Lala.

I was never a big fan of Ariana. Until last season (when we all knew what she did not). I think it was a pool party at her house and Sandoval once again inserted himself into a girl fight. She got up said something along the lines of “Tom’s yelling at girls again - I’m leaving”. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Oh that Schwartz - always a stickler for honesty! 🤣.

From what we've seen - he began distancing himself from her without being honest about it!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Oh that Schwartz - always a stickler for honesty! 🤣.

From what we've seen - he began distancing himself from her without being honest about it!

Schwartz is a hypocrite. He distanced himself from Jo when he realized she had some expectations, like being seen as a girlfriend. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Schwartz is a hypocrite. He distanced himself from Jo when he realized she had some expectations, like being seen as a girlfriend. 

I honestly don't know why they bother having girlfriends. There would be plenty of women who would screw them just because of them being who they are. And yes, I'm including Sandoval in there too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Unless she's lying about the price of Molly I do not see this as being the deal breaker he as acting like it is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 11:19 PM, ZettaK said:

As for the video surfacing, or not, Rachel made it clear she was angry (eg. she filed a restraining order against Scheana), and upset about the video circulating, so I doubt anybody would dare to give it to the media for example, or share it.

Because they had so much respect for RACHEL?  Disagree.

I do think that if the video made it beyond Ariana's phone it would have surfaced by now.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, RoseAllDay said:

So the sandwich shop is finally open. Wishing Katie and Ariana the best. So Smilin’ Ann the Assistant is wearing a SAH t-shirt…something about that chick (see what I did there, yuk yuk) bugs. Always has. She’d grin through a funeral.

https://la.eater.com/2024/5/22/24162723/something-about-her-ariana-madix-katie-maloney-sandwich-shop-opening-los-angeles-vanderpump-rules

There's always debate among the scope of foodies/cynics/etc. about how reliable EATER is, but I've never been steered wrong by them, so I do trust this review.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2024 at 6:49 AM, heatherchandler said:

You’re right, and they may be promoting potato chips... my criticism still stands!  Boobs out for food promotion?

I was reading one of the articles someone posted and noticed it had a screengrab from the opening credits with them in their shop. I never noticed they're wearing negligées before now. 🤔

Vanderpump Rules SaH.jpg

On 5/23/2024 at 7:52 AM, Jennifersdc said:

Three HOURS? 😲

Clearly, they're fans of the show.

On 5/23/2024 at 5:48 PM, b2H said:

Have to wonder if Lisa’s silence is over the friend she sent to SAH to help open it and then wanted more of a share of the business than was reasonable.  

Didn't her friend try to steal their business name ("Something About Her") for herself? 

On 5/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, RoseAllDay said:

So, Smilin’ Ann the Assistant is wearing a SAH t-shirt…something about that chick (see what I did there, yuk yuk) bugs. Always has. She’d grin through a funeral.

THAT'S what bugs me about Anne the Assistant! I've been struggling to articulate what it was all season.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I was reading one of the articles someone posted and noticed it had a screengrab from the opening credits with them in their shop. I never noticed they're wearing negligées before now. 🤔

That’s weird!

• Like 1

The confusion over "Women?  Using their bodies to promote products?  Crazy!" seems more weird to me than anything else.

That being said, the styling choices are just pretty bad either way.  Katie's is worse, but Ariana's isn't that great either.  A bit of a promo fail IMO.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Because they had so much respect for RACHEL?  Disagree.

I do think that if the video made it beyond Ariana's phone it would have surfaced by now.

I tend to agree - the amount of media whore-ness going on, having that video or having even a claim to seeing that video would guarantee you at least five minutes on TMZ or Entertainment Tonight.  And these folks and many others will take that five minutes.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

or having even a claim to seeing that video

Exactly, yes, I forgot to mention this part.  Even if you had seen the video or actually had it before deleting it, that would have come out by now.  From either a cast member or literally anyone else even if the video hadn't shown up online somewhere.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I tend to agree - the amount of media whore-ness going on, having that video or having even a claim to seeing that video would guarantee you at least five minutes on TMZ or Entertainment Tonight.  And these folks and many others will take that five minutes.  

Having the video wouldn’t be good for Ariana, nor would even saying you saw it.  She could be criminally charged so I don’t think any of her friends would do that.

• Like 2

I agree, no way has anyone else seen that vid or we'd all have been subjected to it by now. Famewhore's gotta fame, that's what these idiots do in lieu of actual working jobs, so no way that it's been floating around behind the scenes. Rachel/Raquel is a PoS just like Sandoval, they're actually perfect for one another, in the same way Schemer and her doofus dude are perfect for one another. Two perfect couplings amongst these dweebs, who'da thunk it?!

• Like 1

I still recall Ariana seeing the vid on Sandoval's smartie-phone at the concert and showing it to someone, but I no longer care enough to look through this thread to find out. 😀

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Scheana came out on her podcast today stating producer Alex Baskin told them mid-filming that the show would be canceled due to lack of drama and that LVP guilted her into being kind to Tom.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/scheana-shay-was-told-vpr-would-be-canceled-due-to-lack-of-drama/

https://realityblurb.com/2024/05/31/scheana-shay-shares-what-ariana-madix-told-her-after-reunion-addresses-drama-with-lala-plus-she-says-producer-said-season-wasnt-going-well-amid-filming-and-questions-lvp-guilt-tripping-her-into/

While I do believer production had a heavy hand in pushing the Sandoval redemption arc, only Scheana & Lala seemingly took his comments to mean that they must immediately turn on Ariana. 

More likely, she's looking to shift blame. The rest of the cast heard the same speech and yet we didn't see Katie or James act like production puppets. Plus, I can't imagine publicly calling him & LVP out will serve her well.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, snarts said:

Scheana came out on her podcast today stating producer Alex Baskin told them mid-filming that the show would be canceled due to lack of drama and that LVP guilted her into being kind to Tom.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/scheana-shay-was-told-vpr-would-be-canceled-due-to-lack-of-drama/

https://realityblurb.com/2024/05/31/scheana-shay-shares-what-ariana-madix-told-her-after-reunion-addresses-drama-with-lala-plus-she-says-producer-said-season-wasnt-going-well-amid-filming-and-questions-lvp-guilt-tripping-her-into/

While I do believer production had a heavy hand in pushing the Sandoval redemption arc, only Scheana & Lala seemingly took his comments to mean that they must immediately turn on Ariana. 

More likely, she's looking to shift blame. The rest of the cast heard the same speech and yet we didn't see Katie or James act like production puppets. Plus, I can't imagine publicly calling him & LVP out will serve her well.

Schena is not a self-thinker.  She changes direction with the wind like a weathervane and then wonders why people don't have confidence in her as a friend.   

I have to wonder if the show might still be canceled.  If Ariana doesn't come back, will there be enough story to sustain another season?  Anyone who wants to remain should just transition to the Village.  Might give that show some life, where it's pretty much DOA in its current form.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, snarts said:

I could have sworn Lisa said in her interview on Call Her Daddy that what she wants is some time and then possibly bring the show back with some new cast members. 

The Valley has nothing to do with Lisa except for the fact it has cast members from her show, correct? If it does go the direction of the Vanderpump Rules cast either heading to The Valley or off reality TV, I'm sure that will be a huge disappointment to Lisa. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The Valley has nothing to do with Lisa except for the fact it has cast members from her show, correct?

She's got an executive producer credit on The Valley, so she'll still be making money. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, lasu said:

She's got an executive producer credit on The Valley, so she'll still be making money. 

Thanks for clearing that up! I thought she was involved until a friend said she wasn't. 

• Like 1
(edited)

An absolutely interesting take on next season that I absolutely agree with:

‘Vanderpump Rules’ Season 12 Should Lose Tom Sandoval (msn.com)

The ending of Vanderpump Rules Season 11 was bleak, to say the least. Even the Bravo show’s namesake, Lisa Vanderpump, was at a loss for words as the May 28 reunion wrapped up, solemnly stating, “I don’t know how to make this better.”

The Season 11 finale ended with the cast divided, after Ariana Madix walked out of an event to avoid speaking with her ex-boyfriend, Tom Sandoval, who had cheated on her with past co-star Rachel Leviss. This frustrated several castmates, causing Lala Kent to break the fourth wall and argue that Madix’s behavior is a slap in the face to the rest of them, and jeopardizes the show.

It also felt like a series finale (with its emotional montage of throwback moments), and Bravo’s decision to not go into production this summer sparked concerns about the show’s future. Fans also did not receive the cast’s sentiments well, especially after Madix’s tearful reunion reaction, causing speculation about whether she’d even return if there is another season.

However, one way the show can move on is by letting Sandoval go. The choice to frame the finale around Madix’s refusal to have a forgiving conversation with her ex implies that he’s an essential asset to Pump Rules. But the show can survive just fine without him.

Ariana Is More Essential

The cast treated Madix’s choice not to interact with Sandoval as if it were detrimental to their show. While many people think his cheating scandal revived the show and gave it mainstream attention, Madix actually deserves the credit.

Sandoval may have been the one to cheat, but it was Madix who brought the affair revelations to production and held him accountable publicly while her emotions were still raw. Whereas, Sandoval planned to keep his indiscretions off-camera.

Sandoval’s Story Feels Complete

Undoubtedly, Sandoval is an essential part of Season 11 as the cast navigates the fallout of Scandoval. But now that the exes said their peace at the reunion, with Sandoval finally apologizing for his affair, and Madix tearfully wishing that he just stayed away from her, there seems to be no way forward for them on the show.

For better or worse, Sandoval’s story feels complete. And given how most fans on social media are on Madix’s side, even criticizing other castmates for pressuring her to speak to Sandoval, it seems like viewers aren’t interested in another attempt at a redemption arc.

Pump Rules Has Survived Worse

While Sandoval is one of the few OG cast members to star in all 11 seasons of Pump Rules, along with Scheana Shay and Katie Maloney, he’s never been the main character. In the early seasons, he was Jax Taylor’s earnest sidekick-turned-frenemy and part of a dynamic duo with Tom Schwartz. Arguably, Taylor’s departure put him more in the spotlight.

Longtime viewers can argue that Taylor and Stassi Schroeder once led this ensemble show, with their former romance connecting the group and providing the most drama. A show without either of these lightning rods once seemed incomprehensible, but when they were let go after Season 8, the show went on. Pump Rules not only survived without them, but received its first Emmy nominations.

It’s Time To Bring Back An OG

Given their history, Madix, Maloney, Shay, and Kent can easily generate enough drama for a 12th season. So much so, that replacing Sandoval with a new cast member on Pump Rules isn’t really necessary. But if the show wants to add one more strong personality into the mix, it might be worth bringing Schroeder back into the fold.

Andy Cohen hinted at wanting Schroeder back in the Vanderpump Cinematic Universe after he ran into her at the grand opening of Madix and Maloney’s sandwich shop Something About Her. The only problem is he isn’t sure if she’s ready to return to reality TV. “I think I might have thrown something out there as I always like to,” he told Us Weekly. “I do [miss her on Bravo].”

For her part, Schroeder rejected a spot on the spin-off, The Valley, and said she doesn’t watch Pump Rules. However, she remains friendly with much of the cast, and even admitted on the Call Her Daddy podcast that she had FOMO about not getting to confront Sandoval during Scandoval. “Not being on this last season, it’s like my talents were wasted,” she said. Maybe it’s not too late to rectify that.

Edited by b2H
  • Like 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ehhh no.

Ditto. And no to Stassi too. Just cancel this shit and move on. I can't even believe The Valley got renewed. Anything that legitimizes the PoS aka Jax Taylor is just wrong to me. Ditto Sandoval.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ehhh no.

I agree.  Even though I'm Team Ariana regarding their breakup, I've never really liked her as a cast member, and I think she's pretty dull -even when she's making up stories about her various "issues".  I always liked Sandy enough, but he's obviously moved on other than being on the show - let him go.  If they keep Schwartz I could see Sandy making an appearance at one of their bars like Jax did this year, but that's enough.  As for new cast members - they tried it and they sucked.  For me I think I was used to the OGs' skankiness, but the new ones just seemed trashy 😄. Time to let it go.

9 hours ago, b2H said:

Not being on this last season, it’s like my talents were wasted,” she said.

Stassi said that???  🙄High opinion much?   What ARE her “talents?”  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ooo, Ooo, I know, I know! Shit stirring and hurling racial epithets, those are her last known talents. I really hope this shownis over and these people all have to get actual, real jobs. But alas, they will all just go on to other lesser reality schlock shows. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Ditto. And no to Stassi too. Just cancel this shit and move on

But can you imagine if the show actually got canceled?!  Lala would be coming for Ariana's head!!  Cause you know she would blame her 100%!  She's floundering cause she knows she has no real storyline (unless it's relational to Tom, Ariana, etc).  

Also every time she said she's "baking" or "incubating" a human and how she just wants to have a good life made made me so annoyed; not because of the fact that she's pregnant and wants a kid (which kudos to her and I hope she has a healthy babe) but she seemed to want to keep stating that fact to give her a pass for her shitty behavior to Katie and Ariana.  Nope.  Sorry.  I see right through it!  

• Like 3

^This^ Whoch is why I hope the show is over. Ariana and Katie and James all ha e lives outside this shit show, and they do t seem to hang out with these morons after shooting js over so let Lala the professional BJ gal yell, nobody listening is the best revenge 

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I agree.  Even though I'm Team Ariana regarding their breakup, I've never really liked her as a cast member, and I think she's pretty dull -even when she's making up stories about her various "issues".  I always liked Sandy enough, but he's obviously moved on other than being on the show - let him go.  If they keep Schwartz I could see Sandy making an appearance at one of their bars like Jax did this year, but that's enough.  As for new cast members - they tried it and they sucked.  For me I think I was used to the OGs' skankiness, but the new ones just seemed trashy 😄. Time to let it go.

I think a big part of the problem is that the show was greenlit because the relationship of the cast is nearly a complete graph.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Thumper said:

Haha in this context I'm pretty sure she meant "being a bitch to Sandoval" 😄

12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I think a big part of the problem is that the show was greenlit because the relationship of the cast is nearly a complete graph.

Yeah but that was 10 years ago - now they're mostly peeking out of closed circles with a couple of "business" overlaps.

And yes, "Lala", you may have a kid and be "baking" another one, but that doesn't mean others aren't allowed to value their own businesses and finances over yours - they're not their kids. 🙄

• Like 3
(edited)

The Facebook group, Vanderpump Rules ~ The Valley, posted a bigger version of this.

Katie is the only one I think who had no distinguishing identifiers, if not for the Vanderpump Rules youngster theme hint.

IMG_6327.png

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2024 at 5:51 PM, b2H said:

Schena is not a self-thinker.  She changes direction with the wind like a weathervane and then wonders why people don't have confidence in her as a friend.   

I have to wonder if the show might still be canceled.  If Ariana doesn't come back, will there be enough story to sustain another season?  Anyone who wants to remain should just transition to the Village.  Might give that show some life, where it's pretty much DOA in its current form.

I doubt it will be cancelled.  I believe it's Bravo's number one show at the moment. The housewive shows are really struggling right now so I can't see Bravo letting VPR go.  Please, do not send Lala, Scheana or the Toms to the Valley.  The cast of the Valley is already huge and they don't need people coming in trying to produce the show. 

I just can't with Scheana. Nothing is ever really her fault and she always chooses the wrong side. She blames Ariana for not helping her figure out if LIsa and Tom were playing her.  Ariana told you he was playing you. Multiple times. It's not her fault you didn't listen and it's not her job to help you figure out her ex!!

• Like 8

I am at a point where I loathe this show. If it continues on, I would only watch it if Lala, Scheana, Brock, and the Toms were fired. Doesn't leave much else but those are the people I dont want to see again. And watching them makes me complicit in them being able to get paid to be assholes on TV.

• Like 4

From the Well, We Knew This Was Coming Department: Sandoval will infest Season 3 of The Traitors. Look for this to re-air on Bravo at some point. (Dorinda Medley and Dolores Catania are also in the cast.) 

Alan Cumming is a delight.

21 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I am at a point where I loathe this show. If it continues on, I would only watch it if Lala, Scheana, Brock, and the Toms were fired. Doesn't leave much else but those are the people I dont want to see again. And watching them makes me complicit in them being able to get paid to be assholes on TV.

I’m looking for interest to drop off. Law of diminishing returns and all that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1