Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I have a new hope.  I hope Goodwin/Dallas and Morrison are filming on the same days and actually have lines with each other.  Odds? 

You see, now you are just being ridiculous. ;o)

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Camera One said:

It would be hilarious if they keep making announcements for the next week every day like Mulan! Aurora!  Ashley!  Glinda!  Elsa!  Anna!  Mute Maid!  To the point where we'd have fifty different cameos in the finale.

If Merida isn't there, count me out.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I would love it if they treated this season like they have many of the past seasons, and they wrap up this season's arc in the next to last episode, then the new characters go away and the finale focuses on the old gang. I'm not holding my breath, but that's my dream. There are too many characters between the new and old casts, and if we're saying goodbye to the series, I don't care about the new people. Let them wrap up their stories and go live happily ever after somewhere, then we can go back in time to before Henry left and pick up from season 6.

I definitely don't want to go back to Storybrooke and see that Snowflake is in his late 20s, Ashley's baby is pushing 30, Baby Jones is a tween, and Hook, Emma, and the Charmings all look exactly the same.

What I'd really like is one last AU type episode.  Storybrooke under some weird/unique curse that involves the whole cast and Snowing and Emma/Hook playing an equal part to Regina, Henry, Rumple, etc.  And the only ones that show up from S7 are the ones that have a good reason to be there because they have actual ties to Storybrooke residents.

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Yeah, we need to be careful not to HOPE that these last 2 episodes will be an epic adventure featuring our originals.  It could very well be a dialogue-less montage with Charming shovelling dirt, Snow teaching about birdhouses in the Enchanted Forest and Emma & Original Hook cradling a baby, as the final shot focuses on Regina plucking an apple off her favorite tree.

Realistically, I'm not getting my hopes up.  JMo signed up for an episode early in the season and they did nothing with her.  I have a feeling that that Jmo, Ginny, and Josh have enough going on that they are probably not doing much more than cameos and haven't offered up enough time to do more than that even if A&E were willing to give more screen time.

Henry and Regina will probably somehow get word that Snowing and Emma are missing and the whole episode will be a quest to find and save them with a reunion at the end.

I am curious how they are going to deal with the timeline problems.  Will rumple be reunited with an alive Belle or in the afterworld with a dead Belle?  How will they reconcile it with the ages of everyone else?

• Love 1

I think it would be fitting if Leaving Storybrooke means it is going forever and either some people go out to the Land without Magic permanently and others swept back to EF.. 

WHook and Weaver in their modern clothes were filming in a forest scene near the Wish Realm statue of Snowing (solving the murder of 'imbecile' Emma's parents??..oops, silly me, you can't murder not real people!)

3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I've cozied up to a select few of the new characters and I don't want them obliterated in favor of a finale with half-baked cameos from a completely different show.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the finale ended up satisfying neither the viewers who stopped watching, nor the ones who are still watching the Show.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the finale ended up satisfying neither the viewers who stopped watching, nor the ones who are still watching the Show.

Isn't the show always like that though? Trying to please everybody but pleasing nobody?

• Love 7

Ok, I gotta ask, since I haven't been keeping up with many spoilers. What's up with this picture?

Particularly, the wedding ring Lana is wearing as Regina. What, did she get married to Facilier? Because I'm pretty sure that's not Lana's wedding ring. 

15 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I am curious how they are going to deal with the timeline problems.  Will rumple be reunited with an alive Belle or in the afterworld with a dead Belle?  How will they reconcile it with the ages of everyone else?

Yeah, if Teen Henry isn't just a flashback, it would be rather creepy for Teen Henry to be around Adult Henry and his wife and child.

With adult Gideon not coming back for the finale and Belle being back, that makes it look even more like a reset to the end of season 6, before they all left town. Even if Rumple's happy ending is dying and being reunited with Belle, wouldn't he want to at least say farewell to his son? But a reset allows Belle to still be alive at the end of the series.

17 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I've cozied up to a select few of the new characters and I don't want them obliterated in favor of a finale with half-baked cameos from a completely different show.

I don't really have any emotional bonds to the new characters. Victoria is dead, and wasn't there some mention that Ivy would be gone before the end of the season? I hope they defeat Gothel because redeeming her would contradict their whole "the rape was okay because she's a villain and she does bad things" defense. Though I guess she could join up with those other rapists who are no longer villains. I kind of liked Tiana until her latest centric, but now she bothers me. Adult Henry, Jacinda, and Lucy could move away from town without it affecting the show at all, and as I said, there's something kind of creepy about them interacting with Teen Henry. I squirm at the idea of a teenager meeting the grown woman he's going to sleep with in the future (or at the idea of a grown woman meeting the teenager she's going to sleep with in the future). Robyn is an insufferable brat, from what we've seen (Alice can do better). About the only new characters I remotely care about are WHook and Alice, but if we're going to have Emma back, I'd prefer to focus on Hook Prime. WHook would be a distraction. I'd rather end the S7 arc with WHook and Alice getting some kind of happy ending, then go back to the original cast for the finale. We had 6 seasons of the original cast and one season with this new cast. I'd hate for the finale of the whole series to focus on people who were only around for one season.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, I gotta ask, since I haven't been keeping up with many spoilers. What's up with this picture?

Particularly, the wedding ring Lana is wearing as Regina. What, did she get married to Facilier? Because I'm pretty sure that's not Lana's wedding ring. 

No clue. Maybe Regina gets married  in HH.

10 minutes ago, sharky said:

Is something wrong with me for wanting Hooked Queen? Something is wrong with me, isn't it?

Lol. At least you’re not alone, judging by tumblr.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

the wedding ring Lana is wearing as Regina

Actually, if you enlarge the photo, you'll see that it's just a thick silver ring (Roni's apparently been wearing it all season) - it's just the reflection that looks like a diamond or larger stone in the middle. I only know this b/c I saw a discussion about it on Tumblr :).

6 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

then go back to the original cast for the finale

I think getting the original cast back for the finale will draw back a lot of people that dropped the show, so the focus should be on them. However, I'm trying to be realistic b/c I'm guessing JMo, Ginny & Josh are only going to be filming a day or two. I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of JMo in 7x02. I would love to be wrong and have them driving the plot and action of the last ep, but I'm thinking it will be more of a scene or two in Storybrooke at the very end.

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 2

That would be Whooked Queen, I'm assuming?  If they had started the season developing Whook/Regina, there is a possibility it could have worked.  They are among the stronger actors left on the show and I did see chemistry between the actors in early Season 3.  But it's too late with only 9 episodes left.  Not to mention, it would feel much too incestuous, since they already did The Evil Queen/Rumple last year.  Plus I really doubt that Regina could fall in love with someone who looks exactly like someone else unless she had lingering attraction from before.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

Actually, if you enlarge the photo, you'll see that it's just a thick silver ring (Roni's apparently been wearing it all season) - it's just the reflection that looks like a diamond or larger stone in the middle. I only know this b/c I saw a discussion about it on Tumblr :).

She has? That goes to show how much I've been paying attention. I only ask because it's on her wedding ring finger, and I thought that it was new. I don't get why a ring on her wedding finger, then. 

57 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Plus I really doubt that Regina could fall in love with someone who looks exactly like someone else unless she had lingering attraction from before.

She was all over Hook in the retconned Brennan flashback, but Hook had zero interest. Although, Regina/EQ made moves on a lot on men, including Cursed David. So, who knows if she was really attracted to any of them.

I can’t ship WHook with either Regina or Zelena because of his history with Gothel. But Regina definitely seems to have a good relationship with WHook and treats him well, which is in stark contrast to her typical “snark” with Hook.

2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

But Regina definitely seems to have a good relationship with WHook and treats him well, which is in stark contrast to her typical “snark” with Hook.

She's rather maternal with him, so I feel kind of icky about romance between them. Weirdly, he's much older than she is, and has even had the experience of growing old, but he comes across as seeming much younger.

Although, Regina/EQ made moves on a lot on men, including Cursed David. So, who knows if she was really attracted to any of them.

That's where she fits the rapist profile, since the moves she made on men didn't ever seem to be about actual attraction, but rather were about the power she had over them.

But the last thing they need is to throw in yet another relationship that would be part of a triangle in the few episodes remaining. We've got Henry/Jacinda, Robyn/Alice, Zelena and her Totally Ordinary Fiance, possibly Sabine/Drew, and Regina/Facilier. Throwing WHook/Rogers into a triangle with Regina and Facilier would be the proverbial back-breaking straw.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Alice, WHook and Drizella are the only newbies I'd like to see join everyone else in Storybrooke in the finale. They're the only ones I have any investment in.

I think the penultimate episode might dispatch with most of the newbies except for Murderella and Lucy. Yay? :-P Thematically speaking, the only newbies who would return to Storybrooke are Henry, Jacinda, and Lucy. If Regina and Facilier get it on, then, he'd probably tag along with Regina.

WHook and Alice would likely go back to the Disenchanted Forest or the Wish Realm. There would be no reason for them to go to Storybrooke. And maybe Robyn would tag along. Tiana and Naveen would likely return as well. 

Zelena would probably return to Storybrooke, with or without her Totally Muggle Boyfriend. 

I think Drizella is donzo in a couple of episodes. 

In the series finale, the old cast and the new charatcers join together to defeat Gothel, who wants to take over Storybrooke for some reason (as most OUAT villains do). Regina will kill her with her Wisdom. Everyone will bow to her as the Empress of All Magic. The End.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

In the series finale, the old cast and the new charatcers join together to defeat Gothel, who wants to take over Storybrooke for some reason (as most OUAT villains do). Regina will kill her with her Wisdom. Everyone will bow to her as the Empress of All Magic. The End.

I'm not excited about this at all, no matter how much Emma, Snow, and Charming are in the picture. There's no way to end things without sucking.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Throwing WHook/Rogers into a triangle with Regina and Facilier would be the proverbial back-breaking straw.

Well, it IS this show, and Prince Ali brought 75 golden camels to break.  

However, I don't think they will give Whook a romantic partner given the show is cancelled.  They might have if the show had gotten the green light for Season 8.  His happy ending this year is obvious (the poisoned heart spell will end and he will get to hug Alice again - on this show, a hug is pretty much it for a satisfying conclusion).  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

There's no way to end things without sucking.

The last three season finales have ranged between so-so (S4) to complete disaster (S6). I don't have much hope for the series finale, even if it will be nice to catch a glimpse of CS and Snowing again.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm not excited about this at all, no matter how much Emma, Snow, and Charming are in the picture. There's no way to end things without sucking.

A satisfying conclusion would have been half a season for cameos and finally dealing with the Emma/Snowing relationship.  A&E had no intention of doing that in Season 6, so there's no way in Underbrooke they'll do anything of the sort for an episode that they finished writing without knowing who would be in it.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

The last three season finales have ranged between so-so (S4) to complete disaster (S6). I don't have much hope for the series finale, even if it will be nice to catch a glimpse of CS and Snowing again.

My reaction to CS/Snowing is nothing but a nod. They should be in the finale. But that won't make it good.

Remember how low-budget the S6 finale felt? This'll be ten times worse. I wouldn't be surprised if Granny's diner was just green screen.

Edited by KingOfHearts
3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

And A&E really stressed they didn't want to ruin that craptastic finale.  

I'm not sure how you can retroactively ruin an Addams Family dinner party.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

WHook and Alice would likely go back to the Disenchanted Forest or the Wish Realm. There would be no reason for them to go to Storybrooke. And maybe Robyn would tag along. Tiana and Naveen would likely return as well.

Wouldn't Alice want to go back to Storybrooke if Robin goes back with her mom? In that case WHook would also likely tag along.

23 minutes ago, daxx said:

Wouldn't Alice want to go back to Storybrooke if Robin goes back with her mom? In that case WHook would also likely tag along.

Robyn and Zelena were living in some Alternate Farm Realm when Regina found them. I think Robyn will want to be with Alice to going back to Storybrooke. I'm sure there are plenty of Last Magic Beans for them all to meet up once in a while.

Come to think of it, Last Magic Bean is probably the cultivar name. It never meant the last of its kind.

Edited by Rumsy4
18 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Why did they leave Storybrooke in the first place.  They never even explained that.

I'm still kind of pissed off that we never got to see Zelena try to fit in with the Storybrookers. Regina gets to be hailed as Queen but Zelena is an outcast? Please. Especially in S6, Zelena tried to contribute. I understand them being wary of her a murderous rapist, but Regina was accepted with open arms for less. It frustrates me seeing her kicked around like a puppy.

Edited by KingOfHearts
4 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I even side-eye everyone going to Gideon's birthday party in "Beauty".

Since Emma and Killian supplied the cake they should have put on it an image of dead Emma after Gideon drove a sword straight into her guts! 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Since Emma and Killian supplied the cake they should have put on it an image of dead Emma after Gideon drove a sword straight into her guts!

I feel like that might have brought down the mood of the party

7 hours ago, sharky said:

Is something wrong with me for wanting Hooked Queen? Something is wrong with me, isn't it?

And...I just got sick!

Edited by superloislane
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Well, it IS this show, and Prince Ali brought 75 golden camels to break.  

However, I don't think they will give Whook a romantic partner given the show is cancelled.  They might have if the show had gotten the green light for Season 8.  His happy ending this year is obvious (the poisoned heart spell will end and he will get to hug Alice again - on this show, a hug is pretty much it for a satisfying conclusion).  

Exactly they're not giving Wish Hook an LI. Unless in the series finale when Alice him and Robyn are wanderuing around the WR he collides or meets a collapsed person on the ground whom when he turns them around is Wish Emma, similar to how Hook and Emma met. That'd be an interesting twist. So it's like a suggestion that he found an Emma of his very own.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

Guess they aren’t as epic as Snowing without the violence.

I was reading the cast interview, and both of the actresses were floundering to answer the question on how their romance was similar to Snowing. lol

I see Alice inherited her father's niche for stalking loved ones with a spyglass.

Alice and Robyn are off to hunt for the Yaoguai/Wraith/Marshmallow/Fury/Chernobog/Cerberus.

Also, I'm very tempted to call Robyn "Nobin" now.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Sneak Peek 1. The Alice/Robyn meet-cute was better than I expected. 

Yeah, the arrow aimed at the head and the shoot first/ask questions later attitude was what tugged at my heartstrings, especially after Alice told Robyn the sound was from a friend, not an enemy.  

I love the originality... replace net with a cage, and replace Wolfie with Nobin.  

Having said that, I did like the conversation in the middle, and I'm glad Robyn figured out it was Whook's daughter Alice sooner rather than later.  The Nook/Nobin thing was cute until it was repeated for the third time.

Henry With Baby is playing just an important a role as usual, LOL.

Better than Red and Dorothy, so that's a win on some level, right?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

EW Interview with the actors.

TIERA SKOVBYE: No, I actually didn’t, and when I auditioned, I was given dummy sides with a dummy character name, and I had no idea what I was cast as or who I was going to be working with at all.

EW: What was your reaction to finding out who Robin is, and that she was going to have a love story with Alice? 
SKOVBYE: I found out that my name was Robin Hood and initially I was like, “Wasn’t there already a Robin Hood?” I was told I was playing Robin Hood, and I didn’t really realize what that entailed. I think our first scene was the kiss, where we meet in fairy-tale land. Initially I didn’t have any idea where the story was going and that it was going to be such a big love story. I also was only told it was going to be, like, three episodes, so I had no idea. Everything unraveled as we went on and continued filming.

SKOVBYE: Initially we got the script and I was so excited, because when I got that script for the first episode where we kissed, I really had no context of anything that was happening, or any of Robin and Alice’s backstory, where we met, and how far in our relationship we were at this point, or what was happening.

Typical with this show, where the actors who sign on know absolutely nothing.  It's almost funny to read at this point.  So she was told initially it would be 3 episodes?  I guess the Writers changed things up again.

EW: We’ve barely seen the two of you on screen together, so what was it like gearing up for this big episode that is centered on your two characters?

That's a pretty amusing question.  They've really only had one scene together and then the coupling were MIA for three episodes.

REYNOLDS: To say that it’s a meet-cute between Robin and Alice is something I would not describe this as.

I like that the actress also doesn't see this as a meet-cute.

SKOVBYE: Robin is a little bit more matter-of-fact, a little tougher, whereas Alice definitely sees outside the box more. 

It's interesting that Robin is "tougher" considering she grew up in Storybrooke.  I know Alice was in a Tower all that time, so she was protected but she also travelled to other realms like Wonderland by herself.  We've seen her wily nature before, so it's a little hard to believe that she would be so easily caged.

I must say the descriptions they give of their "adventures" remind me very much of Red and Dorothy.

REYNOLDS: But there’s also the thing of Dorothy and Ruby as well, because we are the second coming of the lesbian couple, so to speak. Ruby and Dorothy also had their love story. It was very short, but they had their love story. 

SKOVBYE: I think Rose basically said it, it’s definitely intimidating. I think for me what was most intimidating was hearing some fans with the previous lesbian love story, and how fans were a little bit upset as to why they didn’t continue on with that. 

It's interesting they seem to know about the criticisms of Red/Dorothy.

SKOVBYE: I think MadArcher is the one that stuck the most.
REYNOLDS: Yeah, I think that MadArcher is our ’ship name.

Are they going to explain why Alice acts a little "mad" and loopy?  She seemed totally normal as a child in the Tower.  I suppose she could have developed that quirkiness in Wonderland.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Typical with this show, where the actors who sign on know absolutely nothing.  It's almost funny to read at this point.  So she was told initially it would be 3 episodes?  I guess the Writers changed things up again.

It's not like she was playing some top secret character that could the ruin the surprise if we found out who they were.

It's interesting that Robin is "tougher" considering she grew up in Storybrooke. 

"Tough" characters should come from rough backgrounds. Characters like Tiana and Robin, who had decent upbringings, should not be abrasive unless they're meant to be snobby jerks. If Katniss Everdeen or Emma Swan were a bit prickly, you could forgive them because they just had no reason to be nice.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

It's interesting that Robin is "tougher" considering she grew up in Storybrooke.  I know Alice was in a Tower all that time, so she was protected but she also travelled to other realms like Wonderland by herself.  We've seen her wily nature before, so it's a little hard to believe that she would be so easily caged.

Alice was left alone at the age of 10-12 and seems to have been forced to grow up on her own after that, with the knowledge that going near her father would kill him. The only parent she ever knew was a pirate. So you'd think she'd be a bit tough. She comes closer to being like Emma (though at least she knew she had a father who loved her), but without any kind of formal foster care system. Robin is more like those spoiled suburban kids who pretend to be "gangstas." She grew up with her mother in an idyllic small town and went to the kind of school that requires the plaid skirt and blazer kind of uniform. It's hard to imagine that leading to "tough."

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Robin is more like those spoiled suburban kids who pretend to be "gangstas." She grew up with her mother in an idyllic small town and went to the kind of school that requires the plaid skirt and blazer kind of uniform. It's hard to imagine that leading to "tough."

If S7 had an Honest Trailer, Robin would be starring as "Millennials". 

• Love 1

So where does this flashback fit into the timeline?  So this was before Zelena and Robyn moved to a farm, and was immediately after the confrontation with Gothel and Madame Leota?  Before Drizella was turned into a statue?  But I guess with the fear of spies, this was after Drizella had made her "prophesy"? 

So at this point in time, Regina et al had no idea about the Coven and its symbol?  Because, right before the Curse was cast that Regina went to Zelena's farm and she told Regina that she got an invite to the Coven.  Yet Zelena and Robyn had already seen Gothel try to resurrect Madame Leota.  

Edited by Camera One
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Looks like Drizella is going to be dead as a doornail next week, if that promo is any indication.

And they only used her for one scene this week, too.  Once the Writers are "over" a character, they're really over a character.  You'd think they would have used such a good actress fully in her last few episodes. 

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3