Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Curio said:

How I predict A&E wrote the scene:
Old Hook stumbles into the scene. Emma is probably disgusted by him and Regina cracks a joke about his old age. Hook tries to do something villainous but August knocks him out, and that's that. On to the next scene!

There's 2 problems with this scenario.

1. Regina is not in the scene you're describing. Regina and Emma are split up in the 2nd half. Emma runs into August along the way, and Regina and Robin have their own plot in the episode. Before they all reunite and head for SB. This was confirmed by the promo. Regina and Robin are together in AU with no Emma in site. Emma and August filmed with Hook with no Regina.

2. Much like in the past AU world, Deckhand Hook was used so Emma could realize she loved Hook. I'm sure Old Hook is gonna make Emma come to a realization as well. Perhaps that she wants to spend her life with him? 

They clearly made him old because of a plot reason. So it's gotta fall in line somehow.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 1

They made him old because it would be "fun." They didn't make Robin old although he was a contemporary of Snow & Charming. They didn't age Granny. There was no logic or plot in it, just what they wanted it to be.

• Love 4

6x11- It's the 2nd part of the what would have been 2 hour mid-season finale if Adam and Eddy wouldn't have been stupid. Will have Emma and Regina still in the AU with Captain Charming trying to get them out. Clearly from the promo Robin tags along w/ them and then he and Regina split up from Emma. Whom clearly runs into August, then they both clearly run in to Hook. Also features the showdown between Emma and Gideon where Emma wins. 2nd of Robins 5 episodes

6x12- Captain Charming centric, where Hook and Charming team up to discover the mystery of Charming's father. Kat made it sound like Charming's father may still be alive but we'll see. The reason why I think this episode is Captain Charming centric is to get David and Hook closer before Hook asks his mate for his blessing to marry Emma. A Captain Charming episode, is going to always have CS as well.Robin beats up Sheriff of Nottingham, 3rd of Robin's 5 episodes.

6x13- Rumple centric. Literally the only people that have filmed consistently for this episode is the Rumbelle family and Blue. Bex, Sean and Lana filmed for a bit as well. 4th of Robin's 5 episodes. Colin and Josh also filmed a bit. No reports on Jennifer but she could film her scenes for this episode on another date, we'll see.

6x14- Outlaw Queen centric as it should be cause it's Robin's farewell. Looks to be a Hook B plot with Nemo returning which means Liam which probably means Hook.

6x15- Jaladdin return, start of Agrabah arc and yes I think this is also the start of the CS adventure but I digress JMO.

15 minutes ago, Souris said:

They made him old because it would be "fun." They didn't make Robin old although he was a contemporary of Snow & Charming. They didn't age Granny. There was no logic or plot in it, just what they wanted it to be.

Actually there is a wonderful post made by Killian whump that I completely agree with.

http://killian-whump.tumblr.com/post/154099405188/i-also-dont-get-why-people-are-like-why-is-henry

As far as why they didn't make Robin old. I honestly think much like they established that Regina and EQ were both masters of the lamp. When David made his wish it was not only for the EQ but also Regina since they're the same person. So the Genie gave Regina what she deserves as well, her true love.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 2

Yes...they made Hook old in the AU for 2 reasons:

1- because this is the EQ version of Emma's wish and she wouldn't give Emma a romantic True Love that was alive and 'with' her so aging him him up to really old means they couldn't be together long....if they did meet and fall in love again he'd probably die very shortly after.

2-so the SQ could continue their little fantasy   because we can't have CS adventures anymore.

I sound bitter, don't I.....

• Love 6

I am not going interested in old Hook.  I will be skipping the premiere.  

I have no interest in a show that only cares about Regina and sacrifices all the characters I enjoy watching.  Why are A&E allowed to get away with allowing Regina to be the focus when the marketing seems to know she is not a draw.

Edited by kitticup
Typos
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kitticup said:

Why areA&E allowed to get away with allowing Regina to be the focus when the marketing seems to know she is not a draw.

A&E seem to be under the delusion that Regina is a big draw (their main venue for feedback is Twitter). The marketing dept can not really know who are favorites with the larger audience. I do think Regina is (or at least was) a popular character--I mean most of the Show is written from her perspective, so it's sort of inevitable. But this season, they've overdosed everyone. The screentime for Regina is insanely high, plus the arcs are dull as ditchwater. It's a bad combination.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, kitticup said:

I am not going interested in old Hook.  I will be skipping the premiere.  

I have no interest in a show that only cares about Regina and sacrifices all the characters I enjoy warching.  Why areA&E allowed to get away with allowing Regina to be the focus when the marketing seems to know she is not a draw.

Don't skip the premiere because who knows what will Old Hook be used for much like Deckhand Hook was used in some way for Emma to realize something.

Not to mention the AU is done probably by the halfway mark of the next episode.

And yes Regina NEEDS to be benched, her screentime this season is overwhelming. Hopefully they've listened and will cut it once Robin leaves.d

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Hookian said:

2. Much like in the past AU world, Deckhand Hook was used so Emma could realize she loved Hook. I'm sure Old Hook is gonna make Emma come to a realization as well. Perhaps that she wants to spend her life with him? 

They clearly made him old because of a plot reason. So it's gotta fall in line somehow.

I don't suppose Old Hook is going to die in the AU, like Deckhand Hook did?  If Emma has to watch him die One. More. TIME..........

47 minutes ago, OnceUponAJen said:

I don't suppose Old Hook is going to die in the AU, like Deckhand Hook did?  If Emma has to watch him die One. More. TIME..........

Old Hook: :cough wheeze: "I have not realized my life's purpose of destroying the Dark One. It was a futile pursuit. My life has been a waste. :cough wheeze: Beautiful princess, I give you this magic bean with my dying breath." :cough wheeze death:

Emma: "Score! Thanks, gramps! Now my baity bestie Regina and I can get home to our son! Our real-real one, not this maybe-real soon-to-be-orphaned one who we'll just leave to rule this realm at age 13 with the Dark One on the loose! But first we have to take this maybe-real dude with us for a few eps since that's the only reason we came here. Toodles!"

Edited by Souris
  • Love 7

Since the promos, sneak peeks and other OUAT site messaging seem to focus on Emma or Hook, I think marketing does that for reason.  Why is Adam tweeting deleted Hook lines, because he knows Hook is popular, as does marketing.

I don't care if old Hook is used like Deckhand Hook.  I am not interested in seeing my favorite in ANY way marginalized to prop a Regina arc or story. A&E think turning Hook into a total joke is fun.  I think it's crap.  If this show wants my viewership Regina better be used like Belle in season 3 isolated from everyone and hardly on my screen, and the heroes get to be smart and good.  I have no interest in Regina or Robin.  I am done with them and any episode that gives Regina any attention.  I want a true ensemble with the other characters.  

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 8

So there's a rumor that Jen is leaving after this season based on something Eddy said in this podcast. I'm not going to subject myself to listening to them for 30 minutes to find it, but if anybody does, please report back on the veracity.

Adam replied on Twitter that nobody is leaving "by February" but didn't outright deny it like he did with fears about Lana leaving previously.

I would not be in the least surprised if she is. As I said in her thread yesterday, it seems like Jen is completely over the show and never posts about it. Given what they've done to Emma & how they've sidelined CS, I wouldn't blame her in the slightest if true.

I could buy Jen leaving the show. She has talent, other work she's done while on the show and the contacts to get another gig. A & E want to write for Regina and they can easily use Snow or Zelina in place of Emma as BFF's.  Taking her away gives more screen time to others.  The one it could hurt the most would be CO but they could also just focus his story back to Rumple and Belle.

• Love 1

What makes people think it's going to be JMo? There has been plenty of speculation that Robert would leave after this season and that could also fit into the someone leaving thing. I just don't think they wouldn't do everything they can to keep the Savior. That's the whole point of the show. 

• Love 2

I took the bullet and skippied through the podcast. There was nothing about Emma dying. They were talking about the Show's future and that they would provide closure to the main characters at some point, whether it is Emma getting her Happy Ending or otherwise. 

• Love 7

@Sharky - I could buy it being Robert or Ginny too for the same reasons. The one's I don't buy it for are Lana, Jared, Emile and Colin.  If they were the one's leaving then I would think it was not by choice.  Josh is a bit trickier as I think he would leave but is not as well known as RC, GG and JMO.  In fact, I always feel a little bad for JD as he gave up Thor 2 to basically be sidelined in OUAT. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I took the bullet and skippied through the podcast. There was nothing about Emma dying. They were talking about the Show's future and that they would provide closure to the main characters at some point, whether it is Emma getting her Happy Ending or otherwise. 

Ah, bless you! You deserve the forum equivalent of hazard pay!

Although, the "otherwise" isn't that reassuring. They'd probably love it if Regina is happy and Emma is somehow miserable in the end. How edgy!

• Love 2

Everyone except Lana and Bex are totally over the show at this point, but I doubt any of them, except maybe Robert, would ask to leave the show at this point, unless they have a great project under their belts. They know they have, at most, one season left, so they can start searching for something new while getting paid for doing nothing.

With this said, if Jen (or Colin) leave, I leave. Emma and Killian (and this forum) are my only reason to watch.

• Love 15

Happy to hear, there nothing concrete about Jen leaving. Like a lot of people if either Jen or Colin I will too.

But, if I do think the cast is ready for the show to end. I think they will stay till the end. 

• Love 3

The interview I have just posted in Spoilers only confirms old Hook and maybe old Belle and old EQ (because two weren't enough).

I haven't read the rest of the interview, except for the question about Hook, that is more of the same (Hook is going to face his demons, groundbreaking!), so I don't know if there is anything interesting there (I don't think I care).

• Love 1

I did liked the fact that Emma was clairly in both the Rumple' son becoming kinda her principal enemy and the Agrabah story. So. She and Hook could have some screen time because of it.

OQ are the only story for Regina and she will be searching for her happy ending again

In fact, the overall story for all character will be about will they have a happy ending and what can that be for each.

Mhmm, that sound like final serie stuff.

But, yea the bit about Hook and cs are vague.  Nothing on the big adventure neither.

this was a wish that conjured up a realm to teach Emma a lesson which is due, and the lesson was 'Don't wish to undo all the things that made you who you are.' And I think by the end of the episode, you saw Emma realize that she liked who she was, and that she wouldn't want to change that.

WTF, Adam?  Emma never seriously wished for that, she mentioned that she sometimes naturally feels that way to Aladdin in the context of her knowing that she still has to soldier on and be the Savior!  Emma never gave any indication of not liking who she was or wanting to change that, how could she "realize" anything now?  My God, just when I think these two can't possibly get worse as writers...I'm seriously close to being done here.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Mathius said:

WTF, Adam?  Emma never seriously wished for that, she mentioned that she sometimes naturally feels that way to Aladdin in the context of her knowing that she still has to soldier on and be the Savior!  Emma never gave any indication of not liking who she was or wanting to change that, how could she "realize" anything now?  My God, just when I think these two can't possibly get worse as writers...I'm seriously close to being done here.

They neglected what happened in 6x05 when Emma told Henry she wouldn't change single thing because of what being the Savior gave her. And they ignored the reason Emma got rid of the shears to teach a lesson to the girl who accepted her fate while their hero Regina took a serum to change her fate. But Emma is the one who needs to be taught a lesson.

The more they talk, the more I wish they'd just stop talking.  

Also, spoilers indicate that Hook is going to confront his past demons. How many times is he going to do that exactly?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They neglected what happened in 6x05 when Emma told Henry she wouldn't change single thing because of what being the Savior gave her. And they ignored the reason Emma got rid of the shears to teach a lesson to the girl who accepted her fate while their hero Regina took a serum to change her fate. But Emma is the one who needs to be taught a lesson.

And 6x05 was their episode!  THEY wrote it!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!  *head explodes*

Also, spoilers indicate that Hook is going to confront his past demons. How many times is he going to do that exactly?

He'll have to do it because he'll be responsible for Charming's dad's "death", except not really since his dad will be revealed as still alive.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, maryle said:

But, yea the bit about Hook and cs are vague.  Nothing on the big adventure neither.

Because that adventure doesn't exist, it was just another lie from Adam.

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The more they talk, the more I wish they'd just stop talking.  

Yeah, it's embarrassing and really pathetic

• Love 1

I just got really sad thinking about how much Hook is going to hate himself when he realizes he killed Emma's grandfather. Ugh. Why do they think this is something people want? So we find this out and then it's all patched up in one episode (or maybe two)? How is that a satisfying story for anyone? Are the writers just trying to make sure Hook's past sins equal Regina's? So now they've both killed their fathers and killed one of Emma's grandfathers? They are both mass murderers (thanks for that ep 5x08) and have both orphaned children (although Regina did both on a much larger scale).

I just don't get how they think this is an enjoyable storyline? We've seen Hook face his demons over and over - why can't they do something new with it? I would love an arc where Charming starts looking for vengeance on his father's killer and Hook helps him deal with his anger and find a better solution without going dark. It's the type of thing that could have such a positive impact on his relationships with Charming, Snow & Emma, while also allowing him to reflect on his past and the ways he's changed. I just can't do it with this show anymore. Every storyline is the worst possible version of what it could be and it's wearing really thin.

Oh my gawd! Hook confronting his demons again?? These writers are running on negative imagination.

I tweeted the same thing to Adam today and got this lovely reply:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 4.53.20 PM.png

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 3

I put A&E in the hot seat to answer your questions about 6B.

"Will Hook be doing anything? All he did in 6A was meet with Captain Nemo. Will we see him and Emma go on adventures?"
A&E: "Hook will be facing his inner darkness! A figure from the past will come back to haunt him in the present. As for him and Emma, they'll go on adventures. It'll be huge. It'll be everything but 42 minutes of kissing! *laughs*"

"You said this was the Year of Snowing. One of them is sleeping half the time now. What gives?"
A&E: "There will be huge Snow/Charming focus. We call it the 'Spring of Snowing'. We've got King George coming back and everything."

"What would you say is the theme or tone for this upcoming half-season?"
A&E: "It will be exactly like S1. Verbatim. For the very first time, we'll be exploring Regina's happiness. We'll be asking, 'What is a happy ending? Is it possible?'"

"What about characters like Will Scarlet and Lily? Will their stories play out?"
A&E: "Your favorite old faces are coming back. Stealthy, August, King George. All the popular ones who had unfinished stories we wanted to tell."

"Is there hope for Rumple and Belle?"
A&E: "Out the wazoo. There's so much hope, you could float an oil tanker. Hope, hope, hope. Their silver lining is just around the corner. Hope."

"We discovered in the finale that Gideon is the hooded figure. Any news on Emma's death?"
A&E: "That's assuming she will actually die. It's more complicated then you think. She dies, but she doesn't die! Decipher that one!"

"Will Zelena and Regina reconcile?"
A&E: "That's a tough question. Zelena has done some vile, reprehensible things. Regina lost her True Love, and that's pretty unforgivable. Maybe someday Zelena will earn enough trust to be accepted. But we'll have to see. We hope they reconcile!"

"What will happen to the Evil Queen? Will her story play out?"
A&E: "Well, you see, sometimes its hard to show stories like hers, and still do Regina's story. That's just showbiz. Maybe next season."

I find his sarcasm arrogant. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

That's a really dick response from Adam. He can't handle criticism at all. Did you respond? Because I'd write back with a series of tweets listing all the things Hook's story could be that don't have anything to do with facing his past demons. Just keep going with it. Hell, everyone should join in with the list just to hammer the point home that the retreads of characters' stories are boring as hell and it's not at all difficult to come up with something new.

ETA: It would also be fun to start hitting him with new ideas for other character like no more searching for Regina's happy ending of the day  or Emma learning 80 million times to accept herself. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

"Will Zelena and Regina reconcile?"
A&E: "That's a tough question. Zelena has done some vile, reprehensible things. Regina lost her True Love, and that's pretty unforgivable. Maybe someday Zelena will earn enough trust to be accepted. But we'll have to see. We hope they reconcile!"

Are you sure you got that quote right?  I would have expected something like "We would be disappointed if that didn't happen!"  ;)

29 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Because I'd write back with a series of tweets listing all the things Hook's story could be that don't have anything to do with facing his past demons.

I'd have been sorely tempted to tweet back that maybe he could face Regina's demons, since she never does...

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I missed this at the top of your post and actually thought the answers were from the actual Hot Seat article. I started to think, wow they are being a little sarcastic and flippant with their answers, but I got all the way down to the Evil Queen one before I actually realized it was a joke. How sad is that?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

I missed this at the top of your post and actually thought the answers were from the actual Hot Seat article. I started to think, wow they are being a little sarcastic and flippant with their answers, but I got all the way down to the Evil Queen one before I actually realized it was a joke. How sad is that?

Well, in your defense, I stole some dialogue from their past Hot Seats. So some of that is actually them.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

Why do they think this is something people want? ...

I just don't get how they think this is an enjoyable storyline?... Every storyline is the worst possible version of what it could be and it's wearing really thin.

I don't get it either. I don't get why they think destroying characters is enjoyable or interesting. It's relentless pain and circling the drain. 

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I see no difference between what you typed and their typical answers. lol

• Love 7

From the TV Guide Article:

Eddy: I think that you have Rumple and Belle looking out for their child, and you're going to have the Charmings looking out for Emma. I would say the family is going to be divided.

So Belle is going to defend Gideon even though he is destined to kill Emma?  Is it going to be a redux of "I KNOW you have good inside of you", now with father AND son?  

The idea that their son was in danger put Belle and Rumple back on the same page for the first time in a long time. Should fans still hold out hope for them as a couple?

Kitsis: I think they should. This is a show about hope. As Mary Margaret said in the pilot, "Even believing in the possibility of a happy ending is a powerful thing." For us, people face adversity. People split up. They come together and I have hope for them.

I don't think Mary Margaret was referring to psycho homicidal ex-husbands who don't deserve a happy ending.

Horowitz: Aladdin paid the price that Emma seems to be paying now.

Uh... what?

18 minutes ago, Camera One said:

So Belle is going to defend Gideon even though he is destined to kill Emma?  Is it going to be a redux of "I KNOW you have good inside of you", now with father AND son?  

I...can't.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Just saw the March promo.  Rumple: "War is coming to Storybrooke".  Was that a scene from a previous season?  I feel like I've heard that line before.

It's similar to the "final battle" line from Season 1 (maybe from the Pilot).

I remember now.  It was 4B:

Mr Gold: When war hits Storybrooke, everyone's gonna have to pick a side, including Regina.

Maleficent: And what war is that?

Mr Gold: Oh, the one we're about to start. And tonight... We're gonna throw the first punch.

----

Remember that "war"?  Oh right.. there wasn't one.

Edited by Camera One
10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I remember now.  It was 4B:

Mr Gold: When war hits Storybrooke, everyone's gonna have to pick a side, including Regina.

Maleficent: And what war is that?

Mr Gold: Oh, the one we're about to start. And tonight... We're gonna throw the first punch.

----

Remember that "war"?  Oh right.. there wasn't one.

Oh lord...

Part of Old Hook may be the "survivor" thing? Growing old while still pursuing piracy takes some doing, I should think. So, so glad Regina won't be there.

I've been thinking of reactivating my old Twitter account, or just starting fresh, partly for this, and partly for retweeting unflattering/funny/true shit about Trumplethinskin.

Man, Adam really is a dick, isn't he?

Edited by Dianthus
more words
  • Love 1

Captain Nemo coming back for a few episodes is the only thing lifting my spirits right now after the depressing midseason finale and the news that Season 6 will probably be the last for this show. The Nautilus was the most gorgeous set ever, so I hope we get to see a multiple-episode Hook/Nemo adventure before this series dies.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Yep. Basically what they're doing is doing the same thing they did last year between the hiatuses. Playing coy like oh Killian is dead, he may stay dead and stuff like that. They always do this and giving away that Emma survives is not the plan especially when there's still the ongoing plot. It's the same card they played with Killian last year.

Captain Nemo coming back for a few episodes is the only thing lifting my spirits right now after the depressing midseason finale and the news that Season 6 will probably be the last for this show. The Nautilus was the most gorgeous set ever, so I hope we get to see a multiple-episode Hook/Nemo adventure before this series dies.

No media outlet is reporting that this is the last season on the show. On the contrary they're all saying that it has one more season. So Season 7 will be the last season of the show.

• Love 1

Honestly, I do hope for a short season 7 because I want closure for cs and the Charming clan but I am not sure anymore they will getting it.

Glad, for Nemo back I want something CS relating too. They need at least a good episode in all this seasons

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kktjones said:

I just got really sad thinking about how much Hook is going to hate himself when he realizes he killed Emma's grandfather.

Maybe I missed something, but when has this been confirmed? Not that I doubt it would happen (in fact I'm pretty sure he will be the killer even if it makes no sense at all) but I don't think we have any confirmation of it yet.

1 hour ago, Hookian said:

No media outlet is reporting that this is the last season on the show. On the contrary they're all saying that it has one more season. So Season 7 will be the last season of the show.

Two posters in the ratings thread with "inside sources" are saying it. And even if I don't particularly believe them (nothing personal, I just don't trust this "I have inside info and I'm going to share it anonimously on the internet" kind of thing), I still think the ratings are going to plummet in the spring to unsalvageable numbers.

Question: I know I’m not the only one who caught The Dragon mentioning a daughter in Once Upon a Time Episode 8. Have the showrunners said anything lately about when Lily and Maleficent will be back? Or whether Emma will keep her promise to help Lily find her father? —Sabrina
Ausiello: In a word, “No,” that Dragon (played by Tzi Ma) has nothing to do with the mystery of Lily’s father, the series cocreators confirmed for Matt Mitovich. “We had high hopes” to revisit that story in Season 6, Eddy Kitsis shared, “but we just won’t get to it.”

Finally a good new.

• Love 6

I don't understand how they manage to run out of time for their dropped plots when they have 22 episodes per season. That's way more than what cable gets. I mean, I'm totally okay with never seeing Lily again because I didn't like her character, but A&E always talk like they have no control over which plots manage to worm their way into the story and that it's not their fault that certain stories won't fit in any given season. They're the ones entirely in control. If they wanted to resolve the Lily/Dragon plot, they would've. But with Season 7 in limbo, I guess it's easier to say, "No, they're not related," instead of the truth, "We got distracted by the Evil Queen and Aladdin and Robin and didn't plan out a timeline." Also, something something can't sacrifice Regina's story, something something showbiz.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Curio said:

Same. Nemo was one of the good parts of this season. I didn't read the article, so I didn't realize it was for multiple episodes. Maybe he'll take everyone to Agrabah! I wonder if Liam 2.0 will be back as well.

1 hour ago, Curio said:

Also, something something can't sacrifice Regina's story, something something showbiz.

You see, you can't tell Lily's story and sacrifice telling twice the amount of Regina's story than usual. That's just showbiz...

• Love 1