Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Has anyone guest what Emma does that's so terrible that we'll never see the savior the same again?

I've seen some theories that she has something to do with Gold being missing. And then, there is the destruction of the Beer Garden and the turning a dwarf into stone.

If this were any other show, I'd say this is foreshadowing. But as small as A&E think in the grand scheme of things, I bet this is just an intense Swan Queen moment for them.

It is foreshadowing, and I'm pretty sure than in the finale Regina would kill (or try to kill) Dark Swan. And it's also a scene written to please the SQ shippers, because all this situation with "Regina understand Emma so well, as well as Hook does, and way better than her parents" has no real base (nothing we have been shown in the show tells that).

Edited by RadioGirl27

They've hinted at us getting more Dark One lore and mythology, so I could see Excalibur playing an opposite role of the dagger.

So maybe The Light One could be a real thing?

All this situation with "Regina understand Emma so well, as well as Hook does, and way better than her parents" has no real base (nothing we have been shown in the show tells that).

I think Regina understands Emma in a way the others don't, but that's not to say she understands her better

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I can't remember a time where Emma's parents were controlling so I'm going to have to side eye that comment.

And it's also a scene written to please the SQ shippers, because all this situation with "Regina understand Emma so well, as well as Hook does, and way better than her parents" has no real base (nothing we have been shown in the show tells that).

This is exactly what it's about. This lightning speed friendship is to please a fanbase while trying to please the other fanbase but leaving out the fanbase who enjoys Emma and her family.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

Ok, so I have a question because maybe this makes sense?

Emma not being "consumed" by the darkness right away, is it because she didn't murder someone to become the Dark One? Rumple went all "crocodile" like right away, and that's the only difference I can think of.

Whenever they said consumed by the darkness, I always thought of what Rumple was going on about when he was saying that once he loses his ability to love, there would be no one left home. So I'm guessing the word consume is a rather strong one. 

I'm guessing that Emma giving into her dark urges is how she becomes the Dark One in this case since she didn't kill anyone to get the powers.

• Love 1
KingOfHearts, on 23 Sept 2015 - 1:16 PM, said:

I think Regina understands Emma in a way the others don't, but that's not to say she understands her better

Seems to me Reggie doesn't care enough about others to even bother trying.

• Love 1

I am very confused (no surprise there! )...if Hook has to talk Emma back from doing something very bad then sounds like she is close to going over some benchmark on the Dark One-O-Meter of badness. What I can't reconcile that with are all those light and fluffy white dress on a horse with Killian and the rose beds moments we know are coming...cos those it seems as though there's no darkness there at all.

Ok...need context...

I also going along with all the chatter about blades and swords and still think Regina will try to kill Dark Swan with maybe Excalibur and we end up with a freed/mostly dead Emma and a separate thinking entity Dark One not tethered to anyone or a dagger.

One thing I have always appreciated about her orneriness is that she says things that I never would, but might just think while acting more polite!

It isn't so much the sassy comments that are bothersome, it's the hypocritical can-dish-it-but-can't-take-it attitude. She gets pissed when someone calls her "The Evil Queen" in a non-accusatory tone, but literally hours after Hook loses Emma to the darkness, she's allowed to say, "You seem to like having a hook, maybe you’d like another?" Or "Guyliner." Or literally all of 4x05. There's a time and place for snark. If she's being touted as a hero now, she needs to watch her attitude.

Emma not being "consumed" by the darkness right away, is it because she didn't murder someone to become the Dark One?

These two ideas could tie together. I figured Emma didn't succumb to the darkness right away because she didn't have any "darkness" in her to begin with (Thanks to the Charmings and egg baby taking it all out of her. Yep, there definitely wasn't any darkness in Emma for the first several seasons.), but maybe she didn't cave right away because she's The Light One. And if Excalibur is the opposite of the dagger and is the light sword, then that sword rightfully belongs to The Light One Emma.

Edited by Curio

The Dark One is born out of death. You have to kill someone to become it. Maybe the Light One comes from life

So what you're saying is that you have to kill someone to become The Dark One, but to become The Light One, you have to do the opposite of kill—create life. KingOfHearts, I think you just introduced us to a pregnant prophecy. (Please, Once, don't go there.)

I guess Hook talks Emma out of doing "something bad" soon after their reunion in Camelot. I wonder what could tempt Emma into Darkness that early!

In the Storybrooke flashforwards, Emma has already gone Dark and presumably does some other bad thing. If it just turns out to be destroying the Beer Garden it will be anticlimactic, though. Maybe she kills the Apprentice.

The Dagger could be a transformed Excalibur if the sword that Arthur pulls out of the stone is not being conflated with it. Otherwise, I'm curious to see what the Dagger was originally.

Edited by Rumsy4

So is anyone else seeing some similarities in this situation and what we had in season 2. Emma saved Regina's life from the wraith and fell through the portal, smack in the Enchanted Forest. 

Emma saves Regina from the darkness and ends up being the Dark One.

In conclusion, Emma should stop trying to save Regina. Nothing good ever comes out of it for her.

And I know there was that pic circulating of Mother Gothel's dress and how it may have been the inspiration for Regina's Camelot dress (which is really nice btw), and now there's the whole dagger business. Regina just basically came in possession of a powerful artifact. 

Once loves their parallels...

• Love 2

And I know there was that pic circulating of Mother Gothel's dress and how it may have been the inspiration for Regina's Camelot dress (which is really nice btw), and now there's the whole dagger business. Regina just basically came in possession of a powerful artifact.

I really don't know what to do with that dress. The custome department is so thoughtful about everything (remember Emma's shoes in the Season 3 finale) that it can't be a coincidence, the dress is almost identical. I haven't seen Tangled, but for what I've read, both characters have many things in common, like gaslighting their children. But that parallel is not a flattering one for Regina and we know how much A&E love Regina and how redeemed they consider her. So I really don't know what to do with this. Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

I really don't know what to do with that dress. The custome department is so thoughtful about everything (remember Emma's shoes in the Season 3 finale) that it can be a coincidence, the dress is almost identical. I haven't seen Tangled, but for what I've read, both characters have many things in common, like gaslighting their children. But that parallel is not a flattering one for Regina and we know how much A&E love Regina and how redeemed they consider her. So I really don't know what to do with this.

Maybe the costuming department slipped it by A&E without them seeing. That can't be too difficult.

• Love 2

I also going along with all the chatter about blades and swords and still think Regina will try to kill Dark Swan with maybe Excalibur

The more I think about the foreshadowing with Emma asking Regina to kill her if need be, the more I think it's going to come to fruition. (It would be fitting to force the character who spent the first two seasons actively trying to kill Emma to actually follow through with it.)

I also think the writers are being very deliberate with setting up the animosity between Hook and Regina in the premiere. Those two characters have barely interacted with each other for two seasons. They haven't even shared a scene one-one-one with each other for more than 40 episodes! So why are they suddenly being pitted against each other? I'm hoping it's because the writers are setting up a major clash between them later on in the season. If Regina is tasked with killing Emma, Hook will always be leery of Regina and never fully trust what she's going to do around Emma, which will probably result in more animosity between them.

In conclusion, Emma should stop trying to save Regina. Nothing good ever comes out of it for her.

Honestly, it's Emma's own damn fault at this point. You'd think she'd learn after the third or fourth time that nothing good comes of it, but no, the fifth and sixth time will surely be the charm. #SaviorProblems

• Love 2
OK...so can Emma be killed with anything other than The Dagger? If not, if Regina killed Emma, she would become the Dark One and negate Emma's sacrifice.

I guess we will find out on Sunday. Regina killing Emma is still the same problem, but with a different person. You still have a Dark One roaming around and being threatening or making people feel scared. 

I am very confused with the Light One speculation. If anyone wants to hold my hand and explain it to me slowly, I'd really like that :p

OK...so can Emma be killed with anything other than The Dagger? If not, if Regina killed Emma, she would become the Dark One and negate Emma's sacrifice.

According to what The Apprentice said in the Season 4 finale, Merlin knows of a permanent way to destroy the darkness:

• "Long before your stories began, the sorcerer battled the darkness. He was able to keep it from consuming the realms. He tethered it to a human soul that could be controlled with a dagger. The Dark One. The sorcerer is the only one with the power to destroy the darkness once and for all before it destroys everything."

This means that Merlin knows of a way to destroy the darkness completely, which also means there's another option out there that doesn't include the dagger. The dagger only transfers the dark powers to someone else, it doesn't destroy the darkness completely. So yes, there probably is another option out there in Camelot that can kill the darkness and Emma permanently.

I am very confused with the Light One speculation. If anyone wants to hold my hand and explain it to me slowly, I'd really like that :p

It's just speculation that if a Dark One exists, then an equal and opposite Light One should exist somewhere in the universe, too. Emma is a prime candidate for being the Light One. That's pretty much it.

Edited by Curio
It's just speculation that if a Dark One exists, then an equal and opposite Light One should exist somewhere in the universe, too. Emma is a prime candidate for being the Light One. That's pretty much it.

Wouldn't Merlin be the Light One? And they might assume that Emma is the Light One, but it might end up being neither her nor Merlin.

I'm waiting on the prophecy at this point. Everyone always gets the prophecy wrong the first time around.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Wouldn't Merlin be the Light One?

He could be, but I'm jumping the gun and thinking that the handle will eventually go to Emma at some point during Season 5. Also, Merlin seems too sketchy to me to be the Light One. Why would the Light One force someone to live with darkness inside of them and be controlled by a dagger? Although, with those spoiler pics of Merlin and Nimue wearing some biblical looking outfits, maybe they're going all Old Testament and the darkness is supposed to be a punishment for something that displeases the Light One.

Edited by Curio

A perfectly logical conclusion!

Don't know about Emma, but Hook came close to killing Rumple with Dreamshade.

I will add that there is no beer garden in the ep. Either they cut that scene or it was for another ep.

• Love 2

Souris, not to pump you for information but since I haven't seen this talked about anywhere, how were the scene(s) with DS and DO Rump? Were they at least entertaining? I'm guessing it's not substantial and we only get that one scene we've got pictures of?

Why are Merlin and Nimue (?) dressed like they're in a biblical epic?

Because they're older than dirt? Rump's 300-ish years old so the both of them would be older than that. How much older would depend on how many DO's came before Rump and how long was their reign.

Nimue isn't really dressed like what I pictured the lady of the lake would have as a costume.  I wonder if Lady of the Lake title came from her being the DO and as the DO she's banished to the lake aka DO vault.

Edited by LizaD
Wouldn't Merlin be the Light One?

Merlin might be the Dim One, but I don't see him being the Light One. If he was the Light One and knew it and knew how to stop the Dark One without killing him, he should have done it years ago.  What, was he doing? Eating popcorn while he watched Rumple torment people to reach his goal? Doesn't sound very Light One to me.

If you have to take a life to become the Dark One, maybe you have to make a life to become the Light One....I think Hook would be willing to help Emma out with that little magic.

Zelena's baby had better not be the Light One because why would the baby be? That's just sloppy writing. We need a Light One baby...here, let's get baby conceived under icky circumstances to a crazy villian and her villianous sister's feckless boyfriend.  She can be the Light One.

If Baby Neal is the Light One, I shall flip a table. The kid just needs to sit down because he's got all the benefits and his sister got none.

BTW Regina is totally Mother Gothel.She adopted a child because of what the child could do for her. She used scare tactics to keep the child in line while gaslighting him. She tried to kill the person who was there to rescue him. 

Edited by kili
  • Love 1

Agreed, Curio, Regina IS a hypocrite, a snotty, sarcastic, impatient one. She has been despicable. Moody to the max...and she has a long way to go before she is worthy of a sincere  traditional hero title. But then, the *heroes* on this show have all shown their flaws and dark actions, too. A&E want to separate hero from villain, yet they spend most of their plotline blending them all to a middle ground. They muddy the character waters constantly as well. Good/Evil...Light/Dark...Wicked/Heroic. They both live in all the characters. (Which may be their ultimate point but good lawd, they screw things all over the place along the way)

Light One Dark One...

Perhaps Emma already created life ~ to Henry~ to already become the *Light One* and this Dark One struggle connected to The Dagger, which could have been from the same source as Excalibur, is (dun dun dunnn) "The Prophecy"...and because it all came from Merlin, who lives backwards...the Prophecy was backwards also...and and and...what has become of the book? Although Henry is the Author, he is magic-quill-less, so does that completely nullify the book? All that struggle to gain power/control...for NADA, Nil, Nuthin?

oh, hell, I don't want to think that hard (not today anyway)

I'm just gonna relish the return to Sunday night make believe.

Is it possible that they're setting up a moment where it's necessary for Regina to kill Emma but she can't do it because she now cares about her too much? I hope not, but the writers really seem to enjoy their friendship. I much prefer the speculation that this will culminate in a big scene where Regina does in fact try to kill Emma.

• Love 1

Is it possible that they're setting up a moment where it's necessary for Regina to kill Emma but she can't do it because she now cares about her too much?

Well, yeah, that's option 2: Regina can't kill Emma because she cares too much and with the power of her true friendship destroys the DO and saves Emma. In fact, it's probably what would happen, but the idea angers me so much that I prefer to ignore this possibility.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 5

Is it possible that they're setting up a moment where it's necessary for Regina to kill Emma but she can't do it because she now cares about her too much? I hope not, but the writers really seem to enjoy their friendship. I much prefer the speculation that this will culminate in a big scene where Regina does in fact try to kill Emma.

I feel like the first option would be such a huge cop-out, but then again, it's TS;TW. With the second option, they could still have Regina feel remorse for killing Emma (cue parallel to Regina killing her father with cheesy single tear falling down cheek), just to show "how far" she's come since the beginning of the show. The second option where Regina actually kills Emma feels a lot more like karmic payoff because Regina would actually have to live with the fact that Emma's death is on her hands, and this is exactly what she wanted to happen in Season 1 and 2, so now she has to live with that guilt. If she wimps out at the end and can't kill Emma, then she won't feel guilty for being the one who destroyed Emma.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I agree that Regina killing Emma would be much better storytelling. I was just remembering a spoiler about Regina saying something about how she (or they?) should have done something in Camelot, and wondered if she could've been referring to killing Emma. Then again, I think she was talking to Snow, and I don't know if even Regina is insensitive enough to tell someone their daughter should be killed. Or I could be completely wrong about this whole spoiler.

Anyway, I'm glad the reason Emma gives Regina the dagger is that Regina would be the only one willing to kill her. That actually does make some sense.

YaddaYadda, on 23 Sept 2015 - 3:34 PM, said:

So is anyone else seeing some similarities in this situation and what we had in season 2. Emma saved Regina's life from the wraith and fell through the portal, smack in the Enchanted Forest. 

Emma saves Regina from the darkness and ends up being the Dark One.

I said it myself a while back, Emma needs to wise up.

#Don'tSaveRegina

• Love 3

I was just remembering a spoiler about Regina saying something about how she (or they?) should have done something in Camelot, and wondered if she could've been referring to killing Emma. Then again, I think she was talking to Snow, and I don't know if even Regina is insensitive enough to tell someone their daughter should be killed.

This is the same person who calls Emma stupid in front of her parents literally seconds after she sacrificed herself and then makes fun of Hook's handicap and threatens to cut off his other hand while he's clearly grieving over his girlfriend's situation. Regina would give zero fucks about saying she needs to kill Emma in front of her loved ones. But it would definitely make sense if that's what she was referring to, and helps set up a Regina-kills-Emma-for-real scenario later in the season.

• Love 2

If she wimps out at the end and can't kill Emma, then she won't feel guilty for being the one who destroyed Emma.

I'm not sure that guilt is a feeling that Regina's programmed to experience. 

• Love 5

About people saying that Merlin and Nimue are wearing biblical attire. That's an odd occurrence considering the Enchanted Forest has shown no change in style or clothing over the years, even when we saw Malcolm centuries ago. Because of this I believe EF is one of the "realms of story" Isaac talked about with no time or evolution in culture. Secondly, in the MiB/Jacob flashbacks in Lost, it was also biblical era. Not sure if that correlates. 

This is the same person who calls Emma stupid in front of her parents literally seconds after she sacrificed herself and then makes fun of Hook's handicap and threatens to cut off his other hand while he's clearly grieving over his girlfriend's situation. Regina would give zero fucks about saying she needs to kill Emma in front of her loved ones. But it would definitely make sense if that's what she was referring to, and helps set up a Regina-kills-Emma-for-real scenario later in the season.

I'm going to reply in the Regina thread.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Because of this I believe EF is one of the "realms of story" Isaac talked about with no time or evolution in culture.

Thats what I always assumed. They never evolved as a society because they're stuck in the same time period forever. Arendell seemed to be a little different though. Maybe it separated by country? I still have so many questions about how this universe works, but that might be off topic...

I wonder if the biblical clothes are indicators or another land stuck in time? 

I have a theory about how they may destroy the darkness once & for all, but it's a little informed by the premiere, so I'll wait to post it til after. But it's kind of a riff on a theory I had earlier, just flipped.

I do wonder if there will be a time Regina will try to "destroy" Emma (that's the word Emma uses when she gives Regina the dagger, not kill). They do like to bookend things.

ETA: So the pink roses return, only they're darker now. The darker the rose, the darker Emma gets?

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I just saw this picture set of Daddy Charming and had a thought. Is Merlin's tree, baby Emma's tree? The wardrobe portal thing.

If they're going by the legend and Nimue locked him up in the tree, maybe him getting transported with baby Emma and Pinocchio freed him.

Edited by LizaD

Now that I sort of think about it, Merlin's outfit reminds me of that of a Roman. And a Roman nobleman at that.

LizaD, I think Merlin's tree and Emma's tree are one and the same and his only contribution in the "effort" to save Emma back then.

Going by the hypothesis that OUAT is Regina's Cinderella story, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets to kill/destroy Emma this season. But I hope it won't come to that.

Loving the pink roses Hook has. I'm happy we are continuing to get romantic moments for CS in Camelot.

• Love 1

Looking at the first picture of Hook and the roses.  Does it look to anyone else like the roses are being held by an arm with a red sleeve?  It looks a little like Regina's red Camelot dress to me.  Could just be a BTS person holding them before he takes them to film the scene.

Sneak tomorrow (about time!)

Everything that is bad about NA is great about Leanne. :)

It looks like in other pictures that Colin is carrying the flowers so I'm assuming that he used them for a scene then. Although he's also carrying around an iPhone and a Starbucks cup and I'm not sure those are historically accurate for Camelot so who knows.

• Love 1

Lol. Poor Brigitte. She mentioned that she went into the ouat spoiler tag on tumblr. Her response ("backing away slowly") means she's seen the crazy stuff. I find some of the SQers responses entertaining though. They mostly agree that it's a mad house, but of course point out all the anti-regina stuff, and how posts don't seem to matter unless it's about CS. You know what I see when I go onto tumblr mobile (and I don't have an account, so I see everything)? As much as I see anti-regina stuff, I see more anti-cs and anti-hook posts floating around. My ipod screen was filled with solid anti-cs/anti-hook posts at one point. So I'm sure Brigitte saw a good dose of both sides (along with not-so-nice stuff from Rumbellers).

The Snowing fandom is lucky. They don't have to deal with all this stuff.

Anyways, it's interesting that the flowers seem to be getting darker. The fact that we've got pale flowers with Arthur/Guinevere and slightly darker with Merlin/Nimue and that they may or may not be paralleling CS somehow...I am intrigued.

I can't unsee Regina as Mother Gothel now thanks to the comparisons. If there's anything good that'll come from it, it's that there is a good chance the Paralleled Tangled gifsets might be updated.

Anyone else think that Zelena's camelot outfit looks like a paler version of Merida's. we haven't seen the whole dress, but the sleeves look like they have the ripped-seam effect that Merida's dress has.

• Love 1

Going by the hypothesis that OUAT is Regina's Cinderella story, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets to kill/destroy Emma this season. But I hope it won't come to that.

Regina killing Emma for good would be the end of the show. No matter what A&E and the hardcore ER think, for the casual viewers Emma is the protagonist and the heart of the show, not Regina, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would stop watching the show if that happens.

Looking at the first picture of Hook and the roses.  Does it look to anyone else like the roses are being held by an arm with a red sleeve?  It looks a little like Regina's red Camelot dress to me.  Could just be a BTS person holding them before he takes them to film the scene.

It's a BTS pic, so I think it's Lana (or someone else wearing a red jacket) is holding them while Colin eats something. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Well, I thought that the massive Emma promotion (directly at the GA, not to fandom ) since two year in row(even for 4b) had settled down who the G.A saw at the real protagonist.

For me at least, has been reinforced by the current diminution from Regina is the new Savior at Regina is a Hero...even from N.A. They knows

Anyway I'm really intrigued by the roses. CS seem to parallel the Camelot couple but there also Belle and her Jar rose.

Is there a link with the dagger.

Maybe those rose grew at the same place the Dagger came from so there a link between them??

Well... dead is not dead in this show (except if you're Neal). I was thinking of a temporary death for Emma at Regina's hands, and a destruction of the Darkness for good. And maybe Emma's love for Hook and her family (and vice versa) would revive her. Regina will be hailed as a hero for doing the Right Thing and getting rid of the Darkness. Bleah.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I do wonder if there will be a time Regina will try to "destroy" Emma (that's the word Emma uses when she gives Regina the dagger, not kill). They do like to bookend things.

Oh, boo. "Destroy" is much more ambiguous than "kill" or "murder." Now I'm convinced Regina will get the big role of destroying the darkness. These writers are about as subtle as a brick to the face, and that line is a flashing neon light of foreshadowing.

• Love 5
I saw a theory on tumblr that the roses that Hook keeps giving to Emma are imbued with some kind of protection spell and Emma is actually holding rose petals in the pic with Merlin, not a heart as many people think.

I'm very sure those are rose petals. The heart makes zero sense, plus it wouldn't be all "glowy" or colored like that since they add that stuff with their wonderful CGI.

• Love 1

Oh, boo. "Destroy" is much more ambiguous than "kill" or "murder." Now I'm convinced Regina will get the big role of destroying the darkness. These writers are about as subtle as a brick to the face, and that line is a flashing neon light of foreshadowing.

Yes, I do worry about that for sure.

The casting department deserves some awards for these people they keep finding. Amy Manson looks like she might kick ass and take names too.

It was a good sneak peek.

Every time A&E say that Snowing share a heart, I roll my eyes. I should start a drinking game. 

1. You never explained how that works

2. They have more than that!

I think 5x02 (The Price) will have to do with this prophecy.

• Love 2