Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Curio's table-flippy A&E quote: 

"[season 5 has] really focused everything back on our characters again. And we love it because it has this Season 1 vibe of Regina and Emma again and everyone dealing with an internal crisis as opposed to the last couple of seasons which has been an external crisis."

Since Savior!Emma ended up breaking Regina's curse, if they're paralleling S1 like that, I guess that means that Savior!Regina will be the one to end up breaking DarkSwan's curse.

Flip. Flip. Flip.

"[season 5 has] really focused everything back on our characters again"

That's EXACTLY what they said about 4B. Didn't buy it then, not buying it now.

Frozen gave them their highest ratings since early S1

Typo, you mean early S2.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

I still don't get why they wrote in a Snowing pregnancy when they did and I think that Ginny being pregnant is a bit of a lame excuse to do it right now.  They could have hidden her behind potted plants which they had an excess of after the Neverland arc anyway.

And unless Snowflake is there to compound Dark Swan's abandonment issues, then he's just not required and I still don't get it.  They haven't even capitalized on any of this and any type of feelings Emma might have regarding her new sibling.  Not even last year when she boiled the milk or when Ingrid taunted her over her parents having a normal baby.  Is it too much to hope that Emma and her darkness will bring up how inappropriate it is for her parents to name her brother after her ex-boyfriend who screwed her over?

I know that Josh was probably promoting what they told him to promote and that is that David will be at his most heroic, everytime I hear it or read it, I sort of cringe, just because it's never what I imagine.

I mean I'm fully expecting episode 3 to center around David's character right now, but given TS, TW, I'm assuming whatever David gets might end up being underwhelming, just like the backstory they gave him with Anna in 4x02, where she taught him to sword fight, be brave, be a hero and he apparently owes her everything for becoming the man he is today. 

Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Me when JMo talks about when Emma surrenders to the darkness:

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

It just really makes me sad. In the latest interview, she mentions "what makes her" do it. I wonder what is the thing that tips the scales? And if it's in 5x05, the ep that the new writer said was "heartbreaking."

• Love 5
In the latest interview, she mentions "what makes her" do it.

It certainly does seem like there's a very good reason for her to let go and stop fighting.  What I've been wondering though is if it's not sort of her last hurrah as Emma Swan as in she's sacrificing the rest of her humanity for a very valid and good reason. 

So now, I'm wondering about something.  I re-watched the part when Belle finds Rumple in the finale and tells him how he could have had everything.  His reply to her is basically that she needs to go far away from Storybrooke because once the darkness overtakes him completely, whatever humanity was left will be gone and the Dark One will take over permanently and everyone is basically screwed.

Is this what we're looking at with Emma?  If she surrenders to the darkness, it means that Emma Swan is effectively squashed in her own body as the actual Dark One does whatever it pleases or am I being overdramatic in the way I'm looking at this?

Because whatever this is and with JMo saying in other interviews that Emma is the worst villain ever, it just seems to me that their loophole with this is that Emma is really not the one doing anything at all, that she fights the darkness before something happens that makes her let the darkness overtake her, but rather that the Dark One is literally using her face, her body to do its own bidding.

It sounds to me like the last choice Emma makes is to surrender.  Everything that happens after that has nothing to do with her or her own choices or personal freedom because she's basically no longer in control and lost.

If this is straightforward "Emma goes full-dark evil,"  why are they spoiling it?  It is--or should--be a pretty big seasonal arc.  Are they trying to build some excitement, or is it a red herring for something else?  Because telling us that around episode five Emma's going to fully succumb to darkness should be too big to spoil, shouldn't it?

Emma going full dark seems to be their big marketing push. I'm sure there are details that will be kept under wraps, but they've clearly decided that seeing Emma dark is the "draw" to lure viewers.

Do people think Dark Emma will be a half-season or full-season arc? (Hmm, that may make a good poll....) I want it to be just a half-season, because I still don't like the entire concept and don't want to have to endure a whole season of it. But I fear it'll last the whole season.

Maybe what 'what makes her' comes down to love is a weapon....I smell Rumple in this. If he finds a way to command Emma aside from the dagger (whose rules areaapparently changed) or he manages to hold Killian hostage where even Emma can't find him...usually I'd go with it being Henry but she seems indifferent to him in the photos we saw. I am just hating this Dark Emma storyline. I have no hope of enjoying much of it. Never thought I would say this but if they send her to Regina levels of evil I think I will have to stop watching. .or spend a lot of time smashing my head into a wall....grrrrrr!

Edited by PixiePaws1

Actually 4.B promotion was already very Emma centric for me it was almost a case of false representation because Emma was in reality the sidekick for Regina soul searching arc. But I accepted it, hoping that season 5 will be the real Emma arc and the Emma focus in season 4 was the preamble.

But I really find fascinating is that for 2 years their real promotion are about Emma or CS even when its Regina the real protagonist 4b . That is really telling about who is really popular for the G A and after a look at the strategic marketing and the rating it demonstrate a different picture of popular believe in Once fandom. ..Emma is bland CS is hate and Regina is the real hero.

Even if I have some reservation about DSwan if the stupid operation mongoose lasted for all season 4 I hope that Emma arc last all season 5. Maybe 5b can be about the consequences for her.

So far I'm OK with the spoiler I like that CS are together and not separated for now.

• Love 5

Just throwing it out there (and I haven't seen the movie Dark Swan), but if they go Emma has been completely taken over by the Dark One and she exists somewhere, then Jen might actually end up playing two different roles, light Emma (who is somewhere, maybe living this other life in her own head) and the real Dark One.

I bet we'll get Real Emma being shown maybe through a mirror or we hear her voice trying to convinced Dark Emma to fight the darkness or something. I'm assuming what turns her full on dark has to do with her loved ones. I can't think of any other reason. Why she would turn dark unless someone she loves is hurt or missing. It's really sad that all the shit that's happened to Emma in her life, sacrificing everything for her loved ones is what destroys the good in her. I hope this arc last a season but they are able to stop Emma before the 100th episode. The second half can be about Emma trying to get everyone's trust back. The problem is with how they've written Regina's non redemption will they do the same for Emma or will they actually do write by her character?

"Very strange" squire's camp set up for filming tomorrow.

I guess A&E ran out of budget for their houses too.

They are probably just hot-bunking with Robin Hood's Merry Men.

I'm confused about how Emma's "slow descent" into darkness appears to be complete within the first four episodes. Also, this presumably happens over a fairly short period of time. So explain how Rumpel was pretty much normal and even able to fall in love with his maid after hundreds of years as the Dark One, but Emma's full on evil within a few weeks. I feel like they're just going to pour on angst on top of angst for no reason other than because Emma needs to suffer for whatever reason and unlike the Evil Queen or Rumpelstiltskin, it won't be fun to watch because we know the "real" Emma and it can't be played off as camp. I wish I could be excited about the upcoming season, but it's just not happening and the spoilers aren't helping.

• Love 4

In the latest interview, she mentions "what makes her" do it. I wonder what is the thing that tips the scales?

It would be something stupid that somehow would involve Regina.

If this is straightforward "Emma goes full-dark evil," why are they spoiling it?

Because they think this is going to bring new viewers, without taking into consideration that the only thing they are going to achieve is to loose a lot of regular viewers (not die-hard fans, just normal people who watch the show every Sunday and forgets about it until the next Sunday).

So explain how Rumpel was pretty much normal and even able to fall in love with his maid after hundreds of years as the Dark One, but Emma's full on evil within a few weeks.

They would use the "it's different because she is the Savior" or the "it's different because she didn't kill the previous DO" as an excuse to justify themselves.

What I've been wondering though is if it's not sort of her last hurrah as Emma Swan as in she's sacrificing the rest of her humanity for a very valid and good reason.

That would be like the last nail in the coffin for me, to have her do not one but two heroic things for her loved ones and, as a consequence, to loose all her humanity and turn into a monster. That's a great message there for the audience.

I hate this storyline so much. There is nothing about it that appeals me.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

I'm confused about how Emma's "slow descent" into darkness appears to be complete within the first four episodes. Also, this presumably happens over a fairly short period of time.

If we add the Camelot flashbacks, that would be 10+4 episodes. That doesn't seem as fast. However, it probably is going to turn out to be a dumb reason.

But it's just an assumption that it happens in the 5th episode because of a tweet that may or may not have been about Emma.  That person is also excited about the Winter finale which, okay, great, but I haven't even seen the first episode yet.

If this stuff is being done as a flash forward, then we might end up finding out the reason Emma decided to let go way after it has actually happened.

One of the things that kept Rumple from giving into the darkness completely was his mission to find his son.  But once Neal died, even Belle couldn't keep the man on his path.  Once Neal died and he found the hat, all bets were off.  Add to that centuries of dark magic and crazy shenanigans...

I think the difference from what I'm understanding is that Emma gives into that by choice.  And it doesn't sound like she's doing it for the sake of doing it either.

I guess we just have to wait and see how this goes down.  What gets to me with this is that she's paying a really, really huge price for having done the right thing. She didn't become the Dark One out of selfish motivation. She did it to save an entire town. 

Is too much to ask for her to be happy after this storm blows over?  Being happy shouldn't be this effin' hard!

Well, Ed. and A. said that Emma have to earn her happy Ending and gave Regina as example of the ultimate Person who totally deserve to have her happy, like yesterday.

Does that scare you enough for upcoming DSwan? It still gave me shill!

• Love 5

WTF did Emma do for her to need to earn her happy ending? Before she was even born people were making decisions on who she'd be. Emma has never done anything wrong to anyone even though life has kicked her in the stomach repeatedly. What kind of message are they sending when Regina, Rumple and even Hook don't have to fight as much as she does to get a happy ending?

• Love 6

Well, Ed. and A. said that Emma have to earn her happy Ending and gave Regina as example of the ultimate Person who totally deserve to have her happy, like yesterday.

Does that scare you enough for upcoming DSwan? It still gave me shill!

If they're using Regina's redemption arc as their template then Emma will put this Dark Swan business behind her in no time and whatever atrocities she commits will soon be forgotten.  

Yay!

XrystalPond, on 05 Aug 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Seriously...Emma is the one character on the show who should be guaranteed a happy ending. She was forced to live in the foster care system because Regina's inability to get over a 10 year old spilling a secret. She was tossed around, manipulated by fairy tale characters who weren't honest with her (Neal, Ingrid, August). She has her life tied to Lily (enough said). She was living her lonely but evidently successful life in Boston when this kid shows ups and drags her back to Storybrooke, Maine. She gives up that life to help her son and a bunch of zombie like people who have been living the same day over and over for 28 years.

She breaks the curse, but barely gets a thank you before she's wandering around with two princesses, a warrior, and a pirate in a post-apocalyptic Enchanted Forest. She has to fight off her baby daddy's evil fiance and sad face dude.

She has to lead the Nevengers through Neverland while baby Daddy, the pirate, and Charming act like dorks. Her son gets possessed by Peter Pan and then when he recovers he's making excuses for his evil queen adopted mom. She has to deal with raising a pre-teen with a memory wipe in New York where she dates a flying monkey. She gets pulled back to Storybrooke with her restored memories to learn mommy and daddy are having a do-over baby and need her to fight a wicked witch who they hire as a baby nurse/midwife. She never gets thanked for any of that and even watches as the Evil Freaking Queen gets to use white magic (her own trademark). She has to travel back in time again where she struggles to set things right after she messed them up (showing responsibility). She rescues a woman who is later killed and impersonated and doesn't receive anything but a lecture and evil eye from the Evil Queen. Robin never bothered to thank her for saving his wife and mother of his child. Her parents name baby do-over after her baby daddy who threw her butt in jail.

She almost gets frozen. She's ridiculed by Regina for being a bigger person and trying to bury the hatchet. She finds out that her memories were wiped from her time with Ingrid. She lives in her parents crowded loft and has them waiting up for her after a date with the Fonz...I mean the pirate. Her boyfriend's heart is stolen and he is under a mad man's control, but she doesn't have time to react to that. She has to watch the closest thing to a mother she had as a child commit glittery suicide in front of her. She's frozen in place while watching her boyfriend almost die, but again barely gets a chance to react. She is lied to, manipulated and threatened through all of 4B with magical beasts after her, Gold, the so called Queens of Darkness who looked more like drag queens, as well as her own parents.She gets rewritten in a book as powerless, locked up in a tower, watches her boyfriend be killed by her father, and has to try to rescue everyone again while Regina gets the credit for savior blood. She didn't get much of a reunion with said boyfriend with her parents and baby brother downstairs. And then sacrificed herself for the good of the town that treats her like crap.

Girlfriend deserves a check, a thank you, some time alone with the pirate, a holiday named after her or at least a building/street, and a happy ending. 

Regina, Rumple, etc., not so much. 

If Dark Swan wants to kill a few people, I have no issue with it. Girl has something coming in the way of revenge. 

And Buffy thought she had it bad. At least she got the Class Protector award from her HS classmates. Plus, kinky hot vampire sex.

The poor Captain Charming shippers must be having a rough time on this.

At least it seems to answer the question about who would get the open seat at the round table if there is indeed a seat that's open.

I saw a tweet from the actor who will play Merlin and how he caught up on Once plus season 4 season finale. I'm guessing they're introducing him during episode 4 (titled Merlin?). I've had it in my mind to sit and binge watch the whole thing, but something inside me is terrified of doing that. No jokes!

• Love 1

I'm still skeptical of Arthur. (It may be just residual "He's a terrorist!" vibes from when Liam was on "24," LOL. And Lando Calrissian feels from this picture. ) I feel like he will have an agenda of his own and may be leading the group astray. I think Arthur may be using Charming being at his "most heroic" for his own purposes, maybe involving the grail. Arthur can't get the grail himself because reasons, but he believes Charming can get it. Maybe he sells to the group that the grail can save Emma, but he wants it for something else. It could even be a GOOD reason why he needs it, but it's still shady. Though I think he will be on their side in the end after his machinations are revealed.

Since Hook hasn't been filming with Snowing, Regina, Robin & Arthur lately (at least that we know of), I wonder if Hook is skeptical of him and pursues his own methods of trying to help Emma. A&E did hint that characters would have their own ways of trying to help Emma and wouldn't necessarily be united.

Might be a bit early to throw this out there but we've had some filming spoilers and I'm hoping someone might suggest a few things to cheer my saddened shipper heart.

so what parallels or bookend scenes do you think we might get though this season?

(Putting this in this thread so people can refer to spoilers if needs be)

Since Hook hasn't been filming with Snowing, Regina, Robin & Arthur lately (at least that we know of), I wonder if Hook is skeptical of him and pursues his own methods of trying to help Emma. A&E did hint that characters would have their own ways of trying to help Emma and wouldn't necessarily be united.

The same way Snow and Charming seem to be Siamese twins and their storylines always involve both of them, now that Hook and Emma are a couple, they are going to follow the same path. Except for episode 5x1, where Colin shooted with everybody, the (very few) filming spoilers we have from him always involve Jennifer, so, even if I hate to say it, everyday I'm more and more convinced that Hook is going to go dark with Emma. Even Colin has been hinting it in some interviews. Maybe he would resist it at first, but not for too long.

The same way Snow and Charming seem to be Siamese twins and their storylines always involve both of them, now that Hook and Emma are a couple, they are going to follow the same path. Except for episode 5x1, where Colin shooted with everybody, the (very few) filming spoilers we have from him always involve Jennifer, so, even if I hate to say it, everyday I'm more and more convinced that Hook is going to go dark with Emma. Even Colin has been hinting it in some interviews. Maybe he would resist it at first, but not for too long.

I'm not against the idea, dark CS has a lot of potential, but I hope it down to magic shenanigans rather than a conscious choice Hook makes or he's playing double agent.

Out of all the OUAT villains he's the one who's redemption is believable and I'd hate for that to be thrown away just because these writers are lazy. 

• Love 2

There are a few things that were said at Comic Con and obviously, we don't know how much the actors know (though Josh promoted the hell out of the "at his most heroic" and "Bro-ing with Arthur", so those were clearly his marching orders).  Lana mentioned how Robin is in the doghouse several times (I was very surprised that she wasn't paired with Sean or even Sean and Rebecca during the round tables).  Robert basically said that Rumple isn't really to be trusted in one of his interviews.

About Hook going dark, I think it's a possibility.  I think it's a possibility that he goes dark because it's the only way he can stay by Emma's side.  I think it's a possibility that he could play up his darkness for her benefit.  Rumple lived isolated in his castle for I don't know how long before Belle came along.  I am not a fan of the Rumbelle relationship by any stretch of the imagination, but she kept him on an even keel.

It's also a possibility that Emma and Hook can find some sense of normalcy in all of this before Emma crosses over completely.  Emma is no longer burdened by that Savior title that was basically inflicted upon her before she was born.  As odd and as weird as this sounds, this is Emma's chance to be "normal".  

JMo said Emma is going to be more selfish, indulge in the things she wants.  Maybe that's where the house comes into play.  Some of us joked about how Emma should grab her boyfriend and just be selfish and leave Storybrooke and everyone to their own devices.  Maybe it's something that she's wanted to do and really couldn't indulge in before, but now she can.

Storybrooke doesn't need her and she's basically their new problem now.

Not much to see here. But what we decided is that Charming is in the midst of making a speech to newly arrived Camelot people under the watchful eye of Arthur. David holds up a silver cup to the crowd and proclaims that this chalice will reveal to him who among them is… [something we couldn’t hear–leaning toward Merlin though] just as he says this, a guy in a red cloak flees from the rear of the crowd, jumping up on a horse and riding away. Charming and Arthur tear after him, jumping in David’s truck to continue the chase.

So has Camelot been brought over to Storybrooke or something?  People in medieval clothing (I'm sure SB isn't having a renaissance fair), a man taking off on horse back and David and Arthur hot in pursuit in David's truck?  

There is so much WTF in all of this that being "spoiled" at this point is so very useless!  

And Merlin might actually be in town as opposed to far, far, far away!

I didn't really notice Colin hinting at Hook going dark (maybe "he'll like her dark clothes"). A&E even shut down Natalie when she said he had no reason to stay good.

Edited by Serena

Colin definitely mentioned Hook going dark several times, but it was always couched in a "maybe" or "I don't know." I'll be uber-pissed if he does go back dark, because it wouldn't fit with where his character is now or with him trying to save Emma. I could definitely buy him playing dark in order to stay near her and maybe be tempted a time or two. It would suck for his character development to be sacrificed for a brief burst of "hot dark CS." But, as always, TS, TW, and character-ruination is in their wheelhouse.

• Love 6

Could Hook flipping to villain be the "unexpected twist?"

They've been pretty open about Emma being full throttle evil--maybe they're trying to surprise us with Hook switching back?

If Hook switches back to villain it has to do with magic or something because the way Adam shit down that clown about Hook felt defensive to me. I can't see it be a conscious decision on Hooks part.

I didn't really notice Colin hinting at Hook going dark (maybe "he'll like her dark clothes"). A&E even shut down Natalie when she said he had no reason to stay good. 

He has mentioned more than once that Hook "maybe will go dark too", for example in the last interview linked in the Spoilers only thread. And A&E shuting down Natalie means nothing. It won't be the first time they blatantly lie in an interview.

I'll be uber-pissed if he does go back dark, because it wouldn't fit with where his character is now or with him trying to save Emma.

Yeah, me too. Hook, unlike other characters, has actually worked to redeem himself. So I hope A&E don't mess with this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Could Hook flipping to villain be the "unexpected twist?"

They've been pretty open about Emma being full throttle evil--maybe they're trying to surprise us with Hook switching back?

Is there an spoiler about an unexpected twist? Anyway, Hook going dark would not be a surprise. A lot of people is expecting it.

Is there an spoiler about an unexpected twist? Anyway, Hook going dark would not be a surprise. A lot of people is expecting it.

Nothing specific that I know of, but I keep thinking that they've been too upfront about Emma going all the way to villainhood, and they usually try to be surprising with stuff like that. I can't help but wonder what they're going to think is the shocker for the audience if they've told us that much already.

Usually, we've at least seriously theorized about their surprises, but they do try for them.

They usually hand Hook the Idiot Ball in the middle of each arc, so I won't be surprised if he goes Dark briefly. It might be because he is trying to protect her, because you know, he will want to save her by hook or crook (pun intended ;-)). But I have a feeling that the main conflict will be elsewhere (Arthur or Rumple yet again).

If somebody (::cough::Arthur::cough:: I'm determined not to trust that guy.) needs Emma to go full dark for some reason, they could do something that would separate Hook & Emma, emotionally or physically -- if he's helping keep her in the light. Maybe make it look like he's betrayed her. SOMETHING clearly makes her surrender to the darkness.

In that scene in SB after Emma has gone full Dark, Hook definitely looked like he was resisting her advances. So that wouldn't fit with him going dark, unless he goes dark after that.

I don't think Hook's going to go dark.  He's worked so hard to get where he is and he wouldn't want to disappoint Emma.  Besides, what would the point be, other than to bring back THE leather jacket?  I do think there will be conflict between Hook and DarkEmma, this whole plot is just another bump in their relationship adventure, that I sure hope ends with a TLK, THIS SEASON!

If somebody (::cough::Arthur::cough:: I'm determined not to trust that guy.) needs Emma to go full dark for some reason, they could do something that would separate Hook & Emma, emotionally or physically -- if he's helping keep her in the light. Maybe make it look like he's betrayed her. SOMETHING clearly makes her surrender to the darkness.

In that scene in SB after Emma has gone full Dark, Hook definitely looked like he was resisting her advances. So that wouldn't fit with him going dark, unless he goes dark after that.

I agree, I think Arthur or Merlin or both will use Hook as a weapon against Emma and a faux betrayal is the best way to do that.  I don't think Emma would go full dark because of Henry or her parents, the focus seems to be on Hook and Emma.

Faux betrayal might also explain why Hook looked so pained in that scene with Dark Emma. If her going dark had anything to do with him whether he's guilty or not.....

Beware the glamour spell, Emma. What you might see/hear may not be your boyfriend!

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2

Pic of Charming with a cup/trophy/Holy Grail.

More pics.

So?  Camelot is now in Storybrooke, is it?

I see that Arthur is going to get the Elsa treatment (though it's a lot more understandable for her) and keep his costume on until he goes back home.

Looks Snow is feeding the Camelotians.

Charming is probably holding what is suppose to be a chalice, but it just looks like a very wimpy trophy to me. And now I'm picturing Hook saying something about it being unwise to insult the size of a man's trophy...

• Love 2

So I've got this crack theory about Emma going full dark - what if the Good Guys try to separate her consciousness from her body as part of their plan to defeat the DO? Couldn't that be considered a form of submission?

I really just don't want to see Hook enabling DarkEmma the way Belle enabled Rumple.

• Love 1

I think the ball is a flashback. Writers said they're going to show how Charming and Arthur bromance comes about in ep.2. The present stuff is when they're back in Storybrooke running away from the Furies from filming reports?

Is Merida the OG Dark One? And only Rump and Emma can communicate with her.

They're, more or less, following the centrics pattern episode wise, not counting the Frozen arc. Ep. 2 is Snowing's. Ep.3-Jane's episode is the black hole's. 4 should be Rump's and 5 is Hook's or the guest of the hour.

I think the ball is a flashback. Writers said they're going to show how Charming and Arthur bromance comes about in ep.2. The present stuff is when they're back in Storybrooke running away from the Furies from filming reports?.

It seems theyre in Camelot in present day (or whatever is going on timeline-wise -- their present selves, anyway) in episode 1. They must come back, but I'm not sure which episode.

Edited by retrograde

Pic of Charming with a cup/trophy/Holy Grail.

Dude. That's not the Grail. That's not the cup of a carpenter. It would not be made out of gold. You have chosen poorly.

That's the Cup of Hufflepuff. Don't mess with a horocrux if you don't want the horned-end of the Dark One.

This is going to end badly, isn't it?

• Love 9