Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I know Emma's a Libra but the show is taking it to far.

JFC writers, the only victim is Robin and that unborn baby as well as Marian.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

The rape baby is really happening?? Adam and Eddy are going to muck it up so bad, it will be way worse than the Graham situation. Add to that, the Woegina saga is going to continue on to next season. Gimme a freaking break!!! I really may have to stop watching this show after this season, and stick to fanfic.

I don't buy that Adam and Eddy are not going to introduce new characters next season. 

• Love 1

Also, is he trying to be metaphysical with "either exist or may exist"?

I think that is a third cannon couples a third non -cannon couples and a third whatever strange couple that is getting married in the concept finale that causes people to crack up.

So what the heck is going on with all these interviews?  They seemed strangely radio silent post last episode.  Isn't this a lot of interviews for the episode before the finale that are obviously not all cribbed replicas of one interview?  They must have done a finale interview junket but it seems like this is all a week early.

(edited)

All I can say is... the cliffhanger better be even better than S1's. It's going to take an act of God to pull this show out of the water. They've given us no reason to stay so far. They've managed to totally neglect their fanbase. I'm all for sticking with their creative vision, but why take all the painstaking time to setup relationships and main characters only to screw them all over in a manner of episodes? There is not one viewer faction I know of that is happy with the turnout so far.

5A needs to deliver... or bust. I don't see how they can draw in audiences without a shiny new franchise to explore.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

So what I've gotten out of all of this is that Regina is the ultimate victim of the Zelena thing (let's ignore her actual victims, Robin, Marian & Roland) and is going to fuck everything up because that's how Regina rolls and then we're going to get a two hour "concept" movie starring Henry and his attempts to fix his mother's fuckup. During this time, Emma will just tell her parents that stripping her of her free will, having no faith in her and lying about it all is all cool and then she's going to sacrifice her happiness yet again to fix everyone's fuckups. I'm going to need to buy out the liquor store, aren't I?

• Love 2
(edited)
Can you imagine a half-season (or two) focused on Regina/Robin/Zelena situation? Joy!

I have to believe the reaction to this plotline is going to cause them to change course if that's there plan. I literally don't know of any part of the fandom that wants this story. Outlaw Queen fans don't want it. Regina fans don't want it. Emma fans don't want it. I don't read anywhere that's devoted to Robin Hood fans (do those sites exist?) but I can't imagine his fans would want it. No one wants to see that story!

I am not wild about the idea of Regina backsliding again after all of her character development, but I could accept it with a good setup. Like I thought Regina taking Belle's heart was believable and set up well. But Regina doing something permanently evil because she's upset over Zelena's pregnancy? That's just insulting. Part of what I liked about this show from the start was how complex and interesting the female characters are. 

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 2

Given this show pretty much covers two weeks every half-season, it's entirely possible that the show could end before Zelena ever actually gives birth, so long as there are no time jumps. 

• Love 1

So what the heck is going on with all these interviews?  They seemed strangely radio silent post last episode.  Isn't this a lot of interviews for the episode before the finale that are obviously not all cribbed replicas of one interview?  They must have done a finale interview junket but it seems like this is all a week early.

Perhaps they finally realized that fans were mightily upset and dissatisfied and decided to come out with a bunch of interviews for distraction and excitement. Of course, being A&E, they really only made things worse.

• Love 1

So what I've gotten out of all of this is that Regina is the ultimate victim of the Zelena thing (let's ignore her actual victims, Robin, Marian & Roland) and is going to fuck everything up because that's how Regina rolls and then we're going to get a two hour "concept" movie starring Henry and his attempts to fix his mother's fuckup. During this time, Emma will just tell her parents that stripping her of her free will, having no faith in her and lying about it all is all cool and then she's going to sacrifice her happiness yet again to fix everyone's fuckups. I'm going to need to buy out the liquor store, aren't I?

I fully expect that Regina demanding her happy ending, damn the consequences, and Emma turning into the witch from Hansel and Gretel, only younger, will be evidence that Snowing were justified in their decision to drain Emma's darkness.  

The TV Line interview mentions they'll have another interview next week, and I would bet a few other sites did the same thing and/or got some answers for their standard weekly spoiler feature or token "final roundup." So in a way it's smart -- they'll probably get two weeks of heavy promo. 

I don't understand the baby spoiler. Are they saying they wouldn't fake out the audience, or that they wouldn't go back on Zelena being a known psychopathic liar? If she is pregnant, maybe the baby isn't even Robin's. Maybe it'll be born with monkey wings!

Can you imagine a half-season (or two) focused on Regina/Robin/Zelena situation? Joy!

But consider the possibilities! Snow & Zelena can discuss pregnancy and babies because Snow enjoys having inappropriate relationships with the women who have screwed her over. Plus, Zelena is family! I'm really not at all sure how they think that this storyline is going to excite fans going into the next season.

Any favourite drinks you would suggest? The one thing I learnt from this show is rum may not be the solution to everything, but "it certainly doesn't hurt."

Considering I drank a half a bottle during the last episode, I can't truthfully say that rum doesn't hurt, but it did make the episode more enjoyable. I usually stick with mixed drinks of some kind like Margaritas or Malibu & cranberry. 

So we're supposed to meet the Sorcerer, but they're not introducing anyone in the finale unless they're introducing him in 4x20?

I guess he's not being counted as a new character since we already know of him and have even heard him speak, so he's technically been introduced already.

I just realized, I'm almost out of rum. I may need it based on these interviews. If this was an attempt at damage control, they did it wrong. Though I'm not sure what kind of damage control they could actually do at this point, since it's probably too late to change the episodes. Imagine the panic -- the episodes are complete, the cast has scattered, and they're seeing that the fans really, really hate their brilliant vision, and they know that the subsequent episodes are going to focus on the things the fans really, really hate. What can they say? If they don't tell the truth about the focus, then people may watch and be furious. If they tell the truth, they have to find a way to convince them to watch anyway or ratings will crater.

Or I guess they could be utterly oblivious and convinced that everyone will end up liking it in the long run and they will be vindicated.

• Love 1
Or I guess they could be utterly oblivious and convinced that everyone will end up liking it in the long run and they will be vindicated.

They just think we're stupid for not understanding their brilliance. They can't fix stupid, so they are content with themselves. It's nice they have such strong self-esteems.

I just realized, I'm almost out of rum.

A&E must own stock in distilleries. It's becoming the only logical conclusion.

• Love 1

Reading those interviews was bad enuf, but then I read some of the comments. Bloody Hell! Somebody even brought up the 'rape jokes' business again. Yes, of course, Hook is worse than Rumple for blackmailing him into returning his hand! The hand Rumple cut off after crushing Milah's heart, all so he could steal a magic bean. Who the hell are these f*cking people?!?

• Love 1

Interesting. The Hollywood Reporter interview has been amended:

Hah! I knew it...

So we're supposed to meet the Sorcerer, but they're not introducing anyone in the finale unless they're introducing him in 4x20?

I think Smokey's all we get this season. They'll probably cast the Sorcerer for next season.

But the majority of this Sunday's mesmerizing episode is devoted to where Regina and Robin currently stand, now that he accidentally knocked up her sister. 

Snowing's confession to Emma takes place off-screen, and they get a 15 second scene to talk about it the following episode. That shows their priorities. 

Didn't A&E say we would find out the identity of the sorcerer? Or did my brain make that up (entirely possible)?

... okay, Googling it, they said we would "meet" the sorcerer, so yeah, it could be smokey. Lame.

I have to believe the reaction to this plotline is going to cause them to change course if that's there plan. I literally don't know of any part of the fandom that wants this story.

There are some people. Like Rumbelle fans who are all "That scene was BEAUTIFUL" in the comments to A&E interview. Some Regina fans also seem to like it, judging by comments on sites like tvbythenumbers that praise this season. I do think they are the minority, though. If I were a Regina fan, I'd still hate this storyline (and I'd still hate OQ because it's awful and squicky).

Part of what I liked about this show from the start was how complex and interesting the female characters are.

I get my "awesome female characters" fix from The 100 now. And even Agents of SHIELD. It was one of the draws of this show for me too, but it's so badly written now, I don't even care. It's at daytime soap level, and I don't like daytime soaps.

• Love 1

I'm over this show making any sense.

From here on out I just want to get some visual kicks and someday, somehow for more than four seconds see a remnant of smoldering sassy Hook of olde, witty ANYTHING and an iota of cohesive plot. Oh, and kick butt costuming (grin) They have totally lost their marbles in this second half.

To expect any more would just be opening the portal to bottomless disappointment.

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe the finale will be so ridiculously outrageous that we'll all fall in love with it. Like I did with Spiderman 3. Give me Emma strutting down the street snapping her fingers and throwin' in some dance moves as the True Darkness starts to take her over.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe the finale will be so ridiculously outrageous that we'll all fall in love with it.

I am kind of hoping that the cliffhanger is so over-the-top ridiculous and crazy that it completely redirects the show. I don't care if they have to bulldoze everything that's happened since S2. It needs a reset badly. Not that the writers wouldn't just ruin another incarnation of the story, but as it stands, the show has nowhere to go. The boat doesn't need to be rocked - it needs to capsize, sink, and get resurrected by Davy Jones.

There's not enough damage control in the world.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I've always thought that since Davy Jones controls the sea's dead that perhaps he could bring Liam back with him as well. Oh the possibilities! Plus, Colin did retweet someone's tweet about petitioning to bring Liam back. I'm sure it was likely just a coincidence, but what if it wasn't? What if the dark world Emma gets sucked into isn't something like the Greek Underworld with Hades but rather the Water Underworld with all the dead there? [And yes, I'm totally ignoring the fact that Milah would be there too. I'm going to hope there's some technicality about having your heart crushed and not being able to come back. Problem solved!]

(edited)

Knowing our luck, the Davy Jones story wouldn't be centered on Killian at all. It would somehow end up focused on Rumple or someone. Killian would be regulated to a background prop. Like, Davy Jones turned into Davy Jones because Rumple's dad screwed him over somehow. We'd get 2 flashback scenes with Killian and the rest would be Rumple and everyone else. Kinda like how Neverland had only like 2 flashbacks that centered around Neverland characters and the Neverland mythos (I might be exaggerating a bit, but you get my drift).

*I wouldn't mind seeing Liam again (like in flashbacks). i love Liam.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

I have serious doubts they'll be doing anything Hook related.  I'm pretty sure they said we would be finding out about his father this season.  I could also be wrong and I misread the quote.  I'm assuming that since they were asked about Hook's parentage and they replied it will be explored someday, that they actually gave the thing some thought.  I thought what he said to Emma about scars when we're young tend to linger was kind of a foreshadowing of things to come for him.  I was probably super wrong about that.  

Someday is far off on this show and someday is even further when A&E get a brand new shiny toy to play with, see what happened with Will Scarlet and the arrival of the Frozen gang.

I really want to find out more about Hook and honestly and I hate saying this given how much of a train wreck this show is, his backstory has been handled with really great care.  Even when they said something about him being horrible to Ursula and being all a 100% pirate and whatever else they were selling, I still didn't see it.  Yes, what he did to Ursula was awful and mean, but I think her father screwed her over even more than Hook did.  

I usually file my wishes for the characters under "be careful what you wish for" and see David and his backstory in 4x02 where Anna was the one who made him who he is today, because FML, that's the last thing I expected or wanted and I hated every single second of that flashback.

The writers have tons of story to mine.  How come he didn't lose himself completely in the darkness when we saw him with Ursula and what changed that he was sent over the edge when he made that decision of shooting Belle?

I'm assuming the last name is not a mere coincidence since nothing on this show is a coincidence unless it's an oopsie they try to milk for all it's worth.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm still waiting for the day they have Will acknowledge Cinderella (unless Ana never told him about her step-sister, or named her). Or to see if he reacts at all to everyone knowing Cora.

Or what happened to Ana. But alas, that's been shoved to season 5.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

"...unless it's an oopsie they try to milk for all it's worth."

I'd bet on this.

The backstory of Davy Jones and Hook that fans have suggested/hoped for is far more creative and interesting than what A&E has given us. They knew they had a ratings magnet with the sexual appeal of Colin as Hook and they have used it to

their best marketing advantage. It is lip curling disgusting how they play that particular angle. It has so far proven that they are clearly not capable of an in depth follow through of Hook's story potential.

I doubt it will ever happen.

They have fallen extremely short of giving us any recent quality storyline regarding Hook. But they have perfected the art of playing the viewers and abusing the hopeful expectations of Hook fans and have just used his relationship with Emma as a shallow, repetitive and mostly empty tease to keep viewers tuned in while they fart around with crappy character chaos and directionless plot.

• Love 5

"they have perfected the art of playing the viewers and abusing the hopeful expectations of Hook fans and have just used his relationship with Emma as a shallow, repetitive and mostly empty tease to keep viewers tuned in while they fart around with crappy character chaos and directionless plot.

This is exactly how I feel about Hook's storyline, or lack thereof this season. I know we were spoiled by how much he got in season 3 but I was honestly expecting that to be the new normal considering he was more main character and paired with the supposed lead of the show. I expected him to have a story and to be a large part of Emma's story. I was disappointed with 4a but beyond that even with 4b. I now only expect him to have a story in fanfiction. I don't even expect anything from the show. I find this sad since he and Emma are my favs.

• Love 4
(edited)

4A was disappointing, but let's be honest: would you really WANT him to have an ongoing storyline in 4B? Considering all the ongoing storylines the other characters are stuck with?

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
(edited)

Another interview with A&E. Lots of stupidity, as always. About a possible TLK between Hook and Emma or Belle and Rumple, they say this:

Diane: The underlying question to that is people want to see the big “True Love’s Kiss” scenes between Emma and Hook and Rumple and Belle again. Is there a chance that will ever happen?

Adam: I don’t think we want to say what’s going to happen, which would spoil it in a way.

Eddy: But we can say this is a show about HOPE. So hopefully, the show continues to be hopeful!

So, yeah, a TLK between Belle and Rumple is so happening in the finale.

About Hook:

Diane: Will we see more of Hook in Season 5?

Eddy: Yeah, absolutely.

Adam: If he’s still alive . . .

Translation: he would be somewhere in the background (because he is not dying).

Regarding Will and Anastasia, they say this:

Diane: One last lingering thread is Anastasia from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and her relationship to Will. Will we ever see Anastasia again?

Eddy: We have not, and we won’t this year. It is a story we’d like to tell at some point. It’s just that we didn’t have room for it this year.

Translation: Who cares? Stop asking about her. Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
(edited)

Translation: Who cares? Stop asking about her.

Not really, it actually translates to what I long suspected: Will's planned story got pushed back to Season 5 because of all the other crap they put into this season. Poor Will and Ana...

Speaking of translation, they said:

"Yeah, I don’t think it’s realistic to say that people get over something in just one or two acts, or within one episode. For us, we like to explore the reasons why characters are doing what they’re doing."

Translation: "When we say 'characters', we mean REGINA REGINA REGINA!"

Seriously, that's the only character whose reasons ever get "explored".

"And it’s not about the format for us—it’s about the characters. And it’s about what’s going to be the best way to tell the stories for these characters. And that can be a million different ways. But ultimately, at the end of the day, it’s about their journeys and the how we best can express that."

Hey, here's an idea: let the next stories you tell for these characters COME FROM THE CHARACTERS, and not whatever plot device, contrivance, obstacle, shiny toy or Big Bad you throw at them? Think you could give that a try and see what happens?

Yeah, that’s been the one we like the best. We just like writing it and airing it as much in a row as we can. The other way of trying to stretch it over the year just didn’t work. It ruined the flow, we thought.

You know, it worked in Season 1, mainly because you weren't "stretching out" a big rapid plot over the year, you were allowing the story to be loose and time for characters and events to breathe. Maybe THAT is what you should have done in response to Season 2's failure? Granted, the 2/11 style worked out perfectly for Season 3, but it's backfired horribly this season.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
(edited)

That's how I read it. If they were remotely interested in Will and Anastasia, they would have, at the very least, teased or setup their storyline in 4B. It's like Hook's childhood, "Not this year!" every year. If it doesn't involve Regina, Rumpbelle, or demonizing the Charming clan, they don't give a crap.

I think every year we may do different plots and different adventures like a movie, but the character growth remains.

Except when it comes to Regina, right? "New season! Time to reset her redemption arc.... again!"'

And it’s not about the format for us—it’s about the characters. And it’s about what’s going to be the best way to tell the stories for these characters. And that can be a million different ways. But ultimately, at the end of the day, it’s about their journeys and the how we best can express that.

I about spit my drink. It hasn't been about the characters since S2. On this show, it's the format and the PLOT PLOT PLOT that matters most. Even Regina's blip on the radar is minuscule at this point.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

That's how I read it. If they were remotely interested in Will and Anastasia, they would have, at the very least, teased or setup their storyline in S4.

Um, they did. Several times in 4A, back when they thought they would be able to tell that story this year. It was only in 4B that all teases and hints got dropped and Will just became Belle's rebound and the latest bane of Rumple's existence.

That first sneak peek, I really wasn't sure it was Regina, but now?  Pretty convinced it's her.  

Translation: "When we say 'characters', we mean REGINA REGINA REGINA!"

Seriously, that's the only character whose reasons ever get "explored".

If it's not Regina, it doesn't matter.  Let's add Rumple to that list.  Someone remind me how these two deserve to have pretty things in their lives?  Cuz they don't.

• Love 3
(edited)
Um, they did. Several times in 4A, back when they thought they would be able to tell that story this year. It was only in 4B that all teases and hints got dropped and Will just became Belle's rebound and the latest bane of Rumple's existence.

And then it was totally shelved. I meant in 4B and the post was corrected. They did nothing but "Anastasia's MIA" in 4A.

That first sneak peek, I really wasn't sure it was Regina, but now?  Pretty convinced it's her.

Since Lily has Emma's potential for darkness in her, she's going to use that as ink for the book. This way she doesn't need Emma to go dark because she can just use Lily.

Edited by KingOfHearts

That latest interview was disappointing. I'm pretty sure the interviews with OUAF of the last two years were at least a big interesting, what happened?

• Love 1

Who cares? I care. Most of the Wonderland crowd cares. Anastasia was pretty much the best thing to come out of Wonderland along with Will. You've already mis-used and tossed Will aside, and you refuse to mention Ana! Like at all! Just make up a macguffin to get Will back home and be done with him! Better to have Will's character salvaged and Ana completely spared from character-ruining!

Uuuggghhh. I feel like punching a wall. Repeatedly.

• Love 5
Since Lily has Emma's potential for darkness in her, she's going to use that as ink for the book. This way she doesn't need Emma to go dark because she can just use Lily.

That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to.  Lily is Dark!Savior, she already has Emma's darkened heart (or whatever).

(edited)

I about spit my drink. It hasn't been about the characters since S2.

It was about the characters again in 3A, IMO, but that was only to quell the complaints from S2. As 3B and onward showed, they never had any intention of keeping up with that.

They did nothing but "Anastasia's MIA" in 4A.

Yes, but at least that was SOME form of foreshadowing. 4B lacking payoff on it is still glaring.

If it's not Regina, it doesn't matter. Let's add Rumple to that list.

No, not even him anymore, otherwise we'd have actually seen him struggle with PTSD instead of being told he's affected by it despite no real signs of it onscreen.

Edited by Mathius