Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The original question to those quotes was ""Are Hook and the Charmings equally cognizant of Emma's descent into darkness?"

No.  The Charmings think a tree refusing to talk to them means a fetus is doomed to descend into darkness.  Hook isn't an idiot.  I highly doubt that Hook is on board with the Emma murdered Cruella crazy train.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

The "cold water on her first real romance" part seems to have been tacked on by Matt. I'm not taking it seriously. A&E wants to blow this up like it's a huge deal. But it's probably going to fizzle out like the Shattered Sight curse. 

• Love 1

I'm glad Matt Mitovich clarified that. Because it definitely read to me like Adam was making a very broad statement, but Mitovich had put that as an "answer" to a very specific question. My understanding is that the way most of those spoiler columns are done is that the writer will do one Q&A with a showrunner/actors, then often retrospectively try to fit their answers to future questions from readers. It often looks like the showrunner is lying, but in fact it is the writer is the one trying to fit square pegs into round holes. (though also, yes, sometimes the showrunners just talk BS). 

• Love 2

I don't even think Jennifer and Lana even have that type of chemistry. They have this awkward mood about their scenes compared to Jennifer and Georgina Haig or Ginny before Emma broke the first curse. It's so weird to me.

As well they should and I don't think the show is trying to hide that. Regina and Emma ARE unlikely allies and have developed a frenemey type thing..I haven't really seen the show change that. Even without their relationship as we have seen they would have an edge to their relationship...they are both alpha females and they like to be the one in charge and not listen to anyone else but they both respect each others abilities, even if they drive each other crazy. I think even pre curse breaking they had that going on, with Regina kind of respecting Emma when she got one upped by her...like "Oh crap, this little dolly is not as dumb as her mother." type thing.

Personally I like the chemistry they have together and the edge is more interesting then a boring girlie friend thing she had with the Ice Princess girl who she knew two days and now that Snow has revealed to be her mom, its kind of too weird for them to go back to snuggly with hot cocoa..

Random responses:

I enjoy Emma and Regina scenes, no matter what the reason/season. They are two of the best characters on the show and will forever have the *bond* as weird as it is, because of Henry. I think they often bring out the best acting in each other. I hope they can bring some things back on the more normal chaotic track.

Matt Mitovich's job is to get hits. When he brings in any mention in any way of Hook and Emma, he gets hits. Never mind that they don't clearly connect to anything that he actually talks about, his job is to generate interest in following his commentary. (And frankly a professional writer who uses the term " 'rents" for parents is sloppy and trying too hard to be *cool*)

When A&E want to keep a certain faction of their fandom happy, they bring in some stupid assed comment about danger to Emma and Hook. It is dishonest and patronizing. Just give them some good scenes damn it, that don't play out like every other two second scene they have been given this half season. You are jerking the CS fans around that are helping keep you on the air.

The darkening of Emma is already wearing thin. She has been a much badder bad-ass in past seasons than anything she is doing now.

• Love 2

I enjoy Emma and Regina scenes, no matter what the reason/season. They are two of the best characters on the show and will forever have the *bond* as weird as it is, because of Henry.

If you want to get technical, Regina is Emma's Step-Grandmother since she is Snow's Step-Mom, which would make Henry, Snow's Adopted Step-Brother and Emma's Step Uncle.

• Love 3

Teaser image quote:

https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/592418625182638080

Regina: Emma, you're better than this.

Script tease:

https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/592372087823540224

Regina: I knew Gold couldn't keep the dragon on her leash for long.

Mary Margaret (distrustful): What do you want?

Maleficent: Nothing from you. But your daughter -- I hear she has a talent for finding people.

Team Villain is pretty pathetic. One defected, another died, and now another is breaking off for her own reasons. The Queens seemed so useless to Rumple's plans.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I think she says that when Emma is about to punch the daylights out of the guy who is badmouthing her other 5 minute friend.  Girlfriend seemed to be highly emotional in that second sneak peek.

Team Villain is pretty pathetic. One defected, another died, and now another is breaking off for her own reasons. The Queens seemed so useless to Rumple's plans.

They are useless and I haven't got a clue what he needed them for.  They didn't make friends, they didn't blend in.  Did he bring in Ursula to kill Hook?  What about Cruella since he had zero clue what her happy ending was?  

I think the conversation went something like "wouldn't it be cool" and ended there.  They have wasted 3 perfectly good characters that they could have brought on later on.  I am especially disappointed with what they've done with Maleficent who has been part of the fabric of the show from the word go.

A&E suck donkey balls.

• Love 3
I am especially disappointed with what they've done with Maleficent who has been part of the fabric of the show from the word go.

I've decided to call her Maleficent 2.0 who miraculously shares the actress with the original version but is otherwise a completely different character.

• Love 2

The only thing I could come up with is that all three Queens helped in making Emma kind of unstable. Ursula is the one who didn't really do anything. In fact she actually helped Team Heroes and even had Emma smiling because Hook did something nice. But Cruella got killed by her and Mal's daughter is Emma's oldest friend of 2 hours and all of that affected her into darkening her heart. Whatever show.

Well, Rumple needed Ursula and Cruella to get him into Storybrooke, and then to revive Maleficent, and then Maleficent proceeded to....she....wait, what HAS Maleficent accomplished? I don't think anything, for all her talk of revenge on the Charmings she hasn't come close to making a serious attempt at it, and her sleeping spell over the town didn't end up doing squat either. Ursula also accomplished nothing after Maleficent's revival, and Cruella's ultimate use in Rumple's plan was something he literally chanced into, not something he had initially intended. Other than that, she too was useless.

So in the end, this villainous teamup was pointless beyond getting Rumple to Storybrooke. They all could have split and gone their own ways after that (Maleficent getting revived through some other, less stupid means), since Rumple didn't need the Queens of Darkness for anything else, he could have done everything else in this plan on his own.

• Love 1

This is what I'm remotely interested in for the rest of 4B:

* The identity of the Sorcerer.

* Cora's return in flashbacks.

* The Enchanted Forest adventure.

* The finale climax centered around Emma and the dagger.

* The setup for 5A.

* Rumple's possible death.

Everything else I couldn't care less about. I think I speak for the entire fandom when I say... let's get to 5A already.

Edited by KingOfHearts

So if the identity of the Sorcerer is to be interesting, are they going to make him related to one of the characters to keep up with the awkward family tree trend of this show?

Too bad Rumple won't stay dead.

• Love 1

I think the darkness or whatever Emma absorbs in the finale is the darkness from Rumpel's heart and that has always been his plan. He released the Chernobog (or gave Belle the directions for how to do so) to verify that Emma has the heart with the greatest potential for darkness. He needs her to be the receptacle for whatever is released. The Queens of Pointlessness are there to distract and put Emma in a position to ensure that she will indeed sacrifice herself in the end. There's no other reason for this hyperbolic turn her heart black forever nonsense. I mean, it's taken centuries for Rumpel to have built up all the blackness in his heart and it's still not completely dark. He spent years working with Regina to get her to a place where she'd cast the curse and again, her heart is not all that black. There's no way that Emma is just suddenly dark for a couple of justifiable actions. I know that it's This Show, but even for them the idea that Emma goes dark forever over a couple of days is ridiculous.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 5

I think the darkness or whatever Emma absorbs in the finale is the darkness from Rumpel's heart and that has always been his plan. He released the Chernobog (or gave Belle the directions for how to do so) to verify that Emma has the heart with the greatest potential for darkness. He needs her to be the receptacle for whatever is released. The Queens of Pointlessness are there to distract and put Emma in a position to ensure that she will indeed sacrifice herself in the end. There's no other reason for this hyperbolic turn her heart black forever nonsense. I mean, it's taken centuries for Rumpel to have built up all the blackness in his heart and it's still not completely dark. He spent years working with Regina to get her to a place where she'd cast the curse and again, her heart is not all that black. There's no way that Emma is just suddenly dark for a couple of justifiable actions. I know that it's This Show, but even for them the idea that Emma goes dark forever over a couple of days is ridiculous.

I agree with this.  Its also the only explanation on why they suddenly need the existence of a spell/ curse to move darkness/ potential for darkness between people with unborn Emma and Lily.

• Love 3

Rumple is such a prick!  Am I the only one who feels he's been taken way too far this half-season?  So centuries of evil heaped upon someone who doesn't deserve it.  This is also after he tried to put that person in the hat to cut himself loose from his Godforsaken dagger.

• Love 4

I think the purpose for the QOD was just to darken Emma's heart, that's what Rumpel wants. Maleficent made Emma lose trust in her parents and heroes in general, Ursula could've ruined her relationship with Hook if Emma had been offended by their backstory or she could've killed him (she almost succeeded). And Cruella was there so she could kill someone I guess. I wanna know why Rumpel was creeping on Hook at the forest last episode. Unless he was just checking that those shells worked.

The Queens of Pointlessness are there to distract and put Emma in a position to ensure that she will indeed sacrifice herself in the end.

What a parallel to 4x12 where Rumple had the Queens go get the curse for him. Yet again he waved happy endings in front of their faces by using extraordinary means, only to use them as distraction or means to an end so he can fulfill his own plans.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Let's be honest, we all know Rumple has an unhealthy obsession with Hook, what with the constant stalking, heart-controlling and impersonating. Probably due to the fact that Hook has all the qualities Rumple wish he had.

Exactly, he has never gotten over his jealousy of the man his wife left him for.

Ok. I now buy that the dagger will make Emma dark. I think what they're going for is that, despite Snowing's fears, Emma will actually resist all attempts to make her go dark -- because free will -- but then being the Savior and feeling compelled to save everyone else will ironically force her into doing something that makes her dark, meaning that Snowing's decision will ultimately be responsible for turning her evil after all.

• Love 3

They're sort of bringing Emma full circle.  They found out Emma had magic when she tried to sacrifice herself for Snow at Lake Nostros.  She did that out of love and today, she's going on about how she has all these people she loves that she has everything to live for, so major foreshadowing there.

• Love 1

^makes sense, retrograde

Now I have a bazillion questions about Mickey the apprentice. Are we going to find out how he managed to find lily, and why he kinda helped her but hasn't helped Emma at all? has he been in the real world all this time (was he banished?). Or did he only come around during the Snowing dark curse?

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

The Sorcerer he serves is powerful enough to open doors between worlds, remember? It's how Ingrid went to TLWM, so it's also how the Apprentice went there (though from what he said, it was apparently against the Sorcerer's orders and instead out of guilt.)

Now I have a bazillion questions about Mickey the apprentice. Are we going to find out how he managed to find lily, and why he kinda helped her but hasn't helped Emma at all? has he been in the real world all this time (was he banished?). Or did he only come around during the Snowing dark curse?

I am assuming the Sorcerer is powerful enough to give the Apprentice a means to evade the curse's effects and let him leave Storybrooke. 

So in the promo, are Lily's glowing eyes a pre-cursor to her turning into a dragon?

The dragon in the promo was different from Maleficent, so I suppose so.

Next week looks... interesting. At least the plot will be moving forward a bit and we'll finally circle back to what's happening with the main cast. (Oh dear, I can only hope.) I count on it being quite a mess from what we saw. It's strange that Robin and Regina seem to be happily back together in the finale, so either they've got Zelena warded or the pregnancy was a hoax. 

Edited by KingOfHearts

Would the writers really go as far as to give Robin a rape baby?  This is what it is at the end of the day, I can hate the man as much as I want, he thought he was doing Marian, not Zelena.

Those Mills women!  Keeping it classy since the beginning of time.  It has to be hoax.  Maybe it's her way of getting back into Storybrooke as well for whatever reason.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

Next week looks... interesting. At least the plot will be moving forward a bit.

I hope so; wouldn't next week be considered the penultimate? I mean, i know the finale is considered 2 different episodes, but next week is the second to last week of 4b.

So I hope stuff happens..and hopefully it's good.

Would the writers really go as far as to give Robin a rape baby?  This is what it is at the end of the day, I can hate the man as much as I want, he thought he was doing Marian, not Zelena.

I`ll raise you, and say the fact that it was rape will NEVER be acknowledged, and it will focus on Regina and her angst. And this happening in this episode is just reminding me about how Regina has never been punished for her multiple rapes of poor Graham. Yuck!

What the heck is going on next week? Is Lily a dragon? More evil queen flashbacks? Cora? Maybe Cora is tied to Will and the Wonderland plot? Who freaking knows!?!

Would the writers really go as far as to give Robin a rape baby?  This is what it is at the end of the day, I can hate the man as much as I want, he thought he was doing Marian, not Zelena.

Those Mills women!  Keeping it classy since the beginning of time.  It has to be hoax.  Maybe it's her way of getting back into Storybrooke as well for whatever reason.

Its the writers way of getting Zelena back to Storybrooke without several people killing her on sight.  I don't think that there will be a baby in the end, one way or another.  I have a hard time believing there will be an Outlaw Queen either now.  Dude is extremely ok with loving whoever he is with.  I can totally see him getting over Zelena raping him and killing Marian as he bonds over fake baby.  I can't see people who like Regina supporting the couple after this.  There is a fine line between supporting a character getting what she wants and what she needs.  She needs better than Robin.  Hoax or not, dumb move by A&E.

The other reason to make Zelena pregnant is the "concept" finale.  Regina is going to knowingly take away happy endings of her new friends and needs the cover.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3

Emma needs to stop letting villains into Storybrooke! First it was Cruella and Ursula. Now Lily and Zelena. Looks like Lily is going to turn into a dragon and attempt to take revenge on Snowing. A better plan would have been to kick Mal out of Storybrooke and tell to have a nice life with her daughter.

Zelena, clearly, is coming back to Sb because everyone thinks she is pregnant. Robin really does come off as a shmuck. 

• Love 3

Just noticed something crazy about the promo - Cora is with Regina in her Evil Queen outfit. Is Regina just dreaming her up or is this another retcon? Henry Sr. is there too, and they're watching Regina rip a heart out and crushing it. I noticed her eyes are vacantly staring into the difference after she does it, which is quite different from the usual vile grins. I'm suspecting Cora did something.

"Series changing season finale"... the hyperbole is real. 

Is Regina going to make the Author just poof Zelena and the baby away so she can have her happy ending?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Robin won't come off as a schmuck, he's already a schmuck, but now he's a victimized schmuck.

Not only does Lily turn into a dragon, but it looks Snow gets hurt when she tries to run from her.  I'm thinking that the reason they even free the Apprentice from the hat is because of Lily.

• Love 3

I hope Lily roasts Snow. I make no apologies for this.

I'm not looking forward to it because it means Rumpel wins.  The thing that is going to turn Emma dark is bringing back someone intent on destroying her parents.

I hope Lily roasts Snow. I make no apologies for this.

So I wonder if we're going to have a dragon fight next week.  Lily turns into a dragon, Maleficent is there with David and they look like they're going to try and help Snow out, but then the dragon flames.  Wonder if Mal turns into a dragon too to stop Lily.

• Love 1

I don't want Snow being roasted if it means Emma loses her mom again

As annoyed I am with Snow I hope the show actually spends time redeeming her next season because Regina is happy now. Hopefully a happy Regina means no more boring angst with her so we could get over with confusing angst with the Charmings.

• Love 1

Ok. I now buy that the dagger will make Emma dark. I think what they're going for is that, despite Snowing's fears, Emma will actually resist all attempts to make her go dark -- because free will -- but then being the Savior and feeling compelled to save everyone else will ironically force her into doing something that makes her dark, meaning that Snowing's decision will ultimately be responsible for turning her evil after all.

I hope this is the case. Sort of like MacBeth or several myths--trying to escape fate is how you meet your fate.

• Love 1

Don't care if "series changing season finale" is hyperbole. Considering the ridiculousness of 4B, I hope it is a reset to clean out a lot of problems that have been building up.

• Love 1

This show is so waiting for Emma and Hook to say "I Love You's" during her sacrifice because they think it's cute and they need CSers to have hope for season 5 I bet. I could totally see Emma shoving him before he can even say it to her.

Season 1's finale changed the show. Season 2's finale did too. When 3A's finale by EVERY indication SHOULD have changed the show again but didn't, it was downhill from there. 3B/Season 3's finale didn't really change anything, neither did 4A's finale, so why should I believe the hype THIS time?

This show is so waiting for Emma and Hook to say "I Love You's" during her sacrifice because they think it's cute and they need CSers to have hope for season 5 I bet. I could totally see Emma shoving him before he can even say it to her.

After looking at the BTS photos again, I feel even more confident that both of them won't be saying it. It just looks like a total rehash of Han and Leia in Empire Strikes Back. "I love you." "I know." And then Emma looks up and some cloud forms around her and then she's transformed/disappeared/frozen in carbonite.

Just noticed something crazy about the promo - Cora is with Regina in her Evil Queen outfit. Is Regina just dreaming her up or is this another retcon? Henry Sr. is there too, and they're watching Regina rip a heart out and crushing it. I noticed her eyes are vacantly staring into the difference after she does it, which is quite different from the usual vile grins. I'm suspecting Cora did something.

"Series changing season finale"... the hyperbole is real.

Is Regina going to make the Author just poof Zelena and the baby away so she can have her happy ending?

I feel like the only possibility of Cora being around Evil Queen Regina is possibly during the time Henry Sr. was somehow kidnapped and Regina used the Mad Hatter to get him back. Either that, or it's another dream sequence, or a retcon.