Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Welcome to the Spoiler thread where grey hairs are a guarantee!

I pretty much just go to the spoiler thread to get disappointed earlier. That way I'm able to enjoy the show better when I actually watch it. My hopes would be way too high without it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8
(edited)

Why the hell does Regina have the keys to Neal's apartment?

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! I know.

Ahem, in the spirit of Zelena's complicated revenge plan and using Joey/Chandler's advice to always know the trail.... 

Neal was engaged to Tamara so she must have had keys to his appartment (we know she got into his storage locker and packed up some of his stuff, plus engaged people usually get given a set of keys). So, Tamara had Neal's keys with her in whatever bag she keeps her magical taser and sand-filled walkie-talkie when she gets to Neverland. Rumple kills her, but leaves the body. Later, Tink finds them, but she didn't just take Greg's watch, she also pilfered Tamara's purse. Tink becomes best friends with Regina and is totally on Team OQ, so she gave Regina the keys so that Regina and Hood could slip away for the weekend, but then Ingrid happened and nobody was going anywhere.  Helpfully, Tamara labelled everything, so the keys have the address on them! (or Henry is all about cheering his Mom up and cheering on OQ, so he gave up the address).

Ta-da!

Edited by kili
  • Love 6

I pretty much just go to the spoiler thread to get disappointed earlier. That way I'm able to enjoy the show better when I actually watch it. My hopes would be way too high without it.

It's about 50/50 for me. There are some spoilers I read where I'm like, "Wow, that literally does not make any sense. I'm glad I read about it now instead of watching it live and risk throwing items at my TV." And then there are some spoilers where I'm like, "Wow, that's actually a really cool development! I can't wait to see how Hook gets his heart back." And then out of all the possible scenarios in my head that I think could happen, they choose something even worse.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ausiello tweeted this.

Considering they just interviewed A&E...

Plot Twist! Everyone dies in the finale and Season 5A takes place in the afterlife -- Davy Jones' Locker.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

Has this interview been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/accesshollywood/status/586248915097387010

So Sean never imagined he and Zelena would have a past. Neither did we, Sean. Neither did we.

Especially seeing how Robin never gave a single indication that he knew her in 3b.

Well, there is that convenient memory wipe that they like to use. Is that a possibility.....you know, so it would make sense that he didn't remember?

That beats the audience dying from flipping tables and beating our heads against the wall.

Or liver failure considering the amount of wine/rum I'll be consuming that night.

I love Ausiello in general, can I just say that now? OK, so based on his scorecard, there are 11 fatalities, but I don't know where that number started before this. And looking back on TVLine for a few pages, I don't see any other interviews from an ABC drama besides Once. So there are a few possibilities -- Rumple dies to cleave himself from the dagger or we take a trip to see Davy Jones -- I think Ausiello could spin that to someone being dead but still on the show. And I'm really thinking that's a possibility. There are rumors that Charles Mesure was back in Vancouver and we did just have the comic released with Lt. Jones reliving his brother's death. Oh for the love, if this is accurate, those damn bastards better bring back Bernard Curry. Seriously!

Also, the scorecard has another interesting note -- Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 8. Could this include Captain Swan? PLEASE?

• Love 2

So, in season 2, we got a Team Princesses caper type of thing.  Any chance we're getting a Team Dudes type of thing for 5A, consisting of David, Hook, Robin and perhaps Will going off to find Emma?  I think that'd be cool.  A lot of snark and eye rolls and rum or bourbon?

• Love 5

Come to think of it, how would Regina even know Neal had an apartment? She wasn't on the New York trip. Was there this whole offscreen scene in which Regina talked to Emma about the situation and Emma offered the apartment? Who's paying rent on that place?

Logic has left the building.

Logic was never in the building.  This show, these writers, remember?

• Love 6

So, in season 2, we got a Team Princesses caper type of thing.  Any chance we're getting a Team Dudes type of thing for 5A, consisting of David, Hook, Robin and perhaps Will going off to find Emma?  I think that'd be cool.  A lot of snark and eye rolls and rum or bourbon?

I think that would be super awesome. Therefore, it will not happen. Sorry.

• Love 7
OK, so based on his scorecard, there are 11 fatalities, but I don't know where that number started before this.

Aren't we getting an AU thing? There could be lots of deaths in the AU since it presumably all gets wiped clean. I don't expect any real deaths. There aren't any good characters to kill and we already get the tragic ending with Emma's sacrifice.

• Love 1

I love Ausiello in general, can I just say that now? OK, so based on his scorecard, there are 11 fatalities, but I don't know where that number started before this. And looking back on TVLine for a few pages, I don't see any other interviews from an ABC drama besides Once. So there are a few possibilities -- Rumple dies to cleave himself from the dagger or we take a trip to see Davy Jones -- I think Ausiello could spin that to someone being dead but still on the show. And I'm really thinking that's a possibility. There are rumors that Charles Mesure was back in Vancouver and we did just have the comic released with Lt. Jones reliving his brother's death. Oh for the love, if this is accurate, those damn bastards better bring back Bernard Curry. Seriously!

I think that (and Emma) would go under "possible fatalities".

I love Ausiello in general, can I just say that now? OK, so based on his scorecard, there are 11 fatalities, but I don't know where that number started before this. And looking back on TVLine for a few pages, I don't see any other interviews from an ABC drama besides Once.

I don't know, maybe it's an interview that hasn't been posted yet. If they are talking about Once, then I hope it's Rumple.

Also, the scorecard has another interesting note -- Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 8. Could this include Captain Swan? PLEASE?

Yeah, I hope so. But I don't want it to be in the scene with Emma's sacrifice, but in a happy scene, maybe the one Jennifer and Colin shooted at the docks for episode 20.

(edited)

Charles Measure's show films in Vancouver (Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce).  He;s probably there for that.

I think that would be super awesome. Therefore, it will not happen. Sorry.

Oh, well!  A girl can always dream.

Edited by YaddaYadda

So, in season 2, we got a Team Princesses caper type of thing.  Any chance we're getting a Team Dudes type of thing for 5A, consisting of David, Hook, Robin and perhaps Will going off to find Emma?  I think that'd be cool.  A lot of snark and eye rolls and rum or bourbon?

If it doesn't have to do with strong female leads, this show isn't interested.

• Love 1

If it doesn't have to do with strong female leads, this show isn't interested.

But the women would be the ones literally holding the fort in Storybrooke.  If David is gone, there's no sheriff for one thing.  It would be a good time to bring back Mulan.  She is a warrior, she has fighting skills, she would put the fear of God in some people.  Regina is still the mayor, she still has her magic and Mary Margaret is still a teacher and she would be juggling a toddler with everything else (worrying about her husband more than her daughter of course).  There are a lot of possibilities with that.  Big bad shows up, they can use everything in their arsenal to dispatch it, the skills that go underutilized because of...magic.  Maybe we could get back badass Snow instead of mousy Mary Margaret.

• Love 1

So TVLine says that Once has entries in 4, possibly 5, of their May Sweeps Scorecard categories.  The categories are:

Number of characters giving birth: 1

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 8

Number of new pregnancies: 2

Number of weddings: 4

Number of couples reuniting: 12

Number of fatalities: 11

I'm going to say the "possibly 5" goes with fatalities - Emma's fate will be left up in the air (though anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out the "lead" character isn't going anywhere).

They could have more than one entry in each category, but they at least have one in 4 more of the categories.  First time "I love you" seems potentially likely with Emma and Killian having a dramatic tearful goodbye.  Couples reuniting - I know Robin/Regina.  

If those guesses are correct, that would mean two of these final categories have to apply to Once:

New pregnancy could be anyone (whether it's a good idea or not) but the other two options, neither of them seem particularly likely based on what's currently happening.  Unless it's something in alternate universe land that doesn't last, I guess.  Maybe somebody gets temporarily married to someone else before everything is reset.  

• Love 1

You forgot page 2:

Number of breakups/divorces: 8
Number of possible fatalities*: 10
* applies to characters’ whose fate is left up in the air at the end of the season finale
Number of characters leaving town: 6
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 7
Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 7
Number of engagements/question poppings: 4
Number of time warps: 2
Number of out-of-this-world cliffhangers: 1

I'm gonna go with possibile fatalities (Emma) and out of this world cliffhanger. Possibly time warps. I'm pretty sure a CS ILY. Maybe a Scarlet Beauty break up? 

• Love 1

Hah, yes, I completely didn't even see there was a page 2.  That changes my spec quite a bit!

So I believe Mother, and Operation Mongoose Pts 1 & 2 are the episodes that air in May.  Zelena as Marian happens before then, right?  I know she shows up in flashback this week, but in terms of present day she shows up before Mother I think?  Otherwise I'd classify her as a big return, but I think she shows up to early for it to be a May sweeps reveal.  I guess my predictions now would be

First I love you - Emma and Hook

Couple reuniting - Robin/Regina

Time Warp - either a jump forward after Emma disappears, or possibly the alternate timeline thing that appears to happen counts as going back in time

Either possible fatality with Emma's fate being a mystery, or "out of this world" cliffhanger being Emma shown alive but somewhere new

Maybe Zelena in present day as a big return, depending on the timing.

• Love 2

I could legitimately see 8 of those categories playing out.

• Couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: Could be Robin/Regina saying "I Love You" for the first time or Hook/Emma. (I'm keeping my expectations low so I'll give it to Robin/Regina because Regina cut Robin off from saying it at the town line during the 4A finale.)
  • New pregnancies: Could be Regina. (I only say this because it would probably mean she wouldn't be invited to go on Operation Save Emma next season.)
  • Couples reuniting: Robin and Regina. Possibly Will and Ana. (But probably not, sadly.)
  • Breakups/divorces: Possibly Will and Belle.
  • Possible fatalities*: Emma. Possibly Rumple.
  • Characters leaving town: Possibly Rumple. Or Emma.
  • Resurrections and/or big returns: Could be the set-up of the new Big Bad for next season. (Holding out hope for Jafar.)
  • Time warps: Whatever happens with the Enchanted Forest stuff or a possible time jump for 5A.
Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I'm going with Belle for the pregnancy thing. That's the kind of soapy plot A&E would pull. If that's the case, Belle might break up with Will. Otherwise, I don't see them breaking up. 

Edited by Rumsy4

Three categories are quite obvious:

1. The ILY: Emma and Hook (and maybe Robin and Regina)

2. The couple reuniting is Robin and Regina.

3. The resurrection is totally Zelena.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Technically, Emma wouldn't be a fatality if we find out what happened to her at the end of the season.

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 8
Number of couples reuniting: 12
Number of possible fatalities*: 10
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 7
Number of time warps: 2
Number of out-of-this-world cliffhangers: 1

So these are the 4, I'm going with.  If there's a TV God, Regina won't wind up pregnant.  And her going to find Emma with whomever is out of the question imo because of Henry.  Henry lost his father, lost his mother.  If something happens to Regina (which I'm not so lucky), he would be orphaned.  The whole reason Emma did not return to the EF in 3A was so that Henry wouldn't be alone, wouldn't grow up like she did.  Henry might still have his grandparents, but they're neither his mothers or his father.

And [Regina] going to find Emma with whomever is out of the question imo because of Henry. Henry lost his father, lost his mother.  If something happens to Regina (which I'm not so lucky), he would be orphaned. The whole reason Emma did not return to the EF in 3A was so that Henry wouldn't be alone, wouldn't grow up like she did.  Henry might still have his grandparents, but they're neither his mothers or his father.

That reasoning doesn't seem to stop Emma and Regina from both ditching town to find Lily and Robin in a few episodes...

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

That reasoning doesn't seem to stop Emma and Regina from both ditching town to find Lily and Robin in a few episodes...

Out of town vs realm jumping though?  I don't know about that.  

Ok, here it is.  I want Regina nowhere near Emma's rescue if there is one.  Okay?

Good!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

Henry is sooo season 3. Robin is Regina's new shiny toy for season 4. Next year? Regina's happy ending search will be for a bigger and shinier house! It's unfair and all Snow White's fault  Emma's fault Marian's fault The Author's fault  [insert new blame-shifting excuse #361253 here] that she doesn't have an open floor plan home. How dare they?!  They've ruined her life! What did Regina do to deserve a house without an open floor plan?! It's just so unfair!

Ok, here it is.  I want Regina nowhere near Emma's rescue if there is one.  Okay?

Good!

Word.

• Love 2

Did anyone talk about this already?

We’ve not had many spoilers for Once Upon a Time‘s Rumbelle recently. Is there anything that Adam and Eddy are willing to spill? Will we see them in the Dark Castle again? Will we see the chipped cup again? –Betsy

As I do, I hand-delivered your question to the Once creators, and Adam Horowitz confirmed that while there will be no revisiting of the Dark Castle during this last stretch of episodes, “The chipped cup does come back.”

Rumbelle reunion? 

Edited by Rumsy4

My guesses:

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 8 (Please be Emma/Hook, not Robin/Regina. Could be both, since it's the number of categories, not the number of entries, right?)
Number of couples reuniting: 12 (Robin/Regina)
Number of possible fatalities*: 10 (If we don't find out what happened to Emma.)
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 7 (Zelena)
Number of time warps: 2 (AU in EF)
Number of out-of-this-world cliffhangers: 1 (If we find out Emma is in some other realm/world.)

A bold prediction - Rumple is the fatality, Belle could be pregnant (they'll reunite in the penultimate episode). I'm not sure this is what'll happen, but it's kinda likely at this point, i mean, not even these writers should attempt to redeem him after his actions in s4.

CS saying ILU is very likely, I agree. And promptly being flung apart, because this is how this show rolls.

Don't even want to thing about OQ, i FF their scenes, they are not on my show, as far as I'm concerned.

EW Spoiler Room

Will finding out about what her parents did cause Emma to go evil on Once Upon a Time? — Hunter
I feel comfortable in saying that I’m worried. “That’s what we’re going to explore for the next few episodes,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. “From episode 17 to the end, you’re going to see it’s a lot about Emma—will she go dark—and it’s also about this Author and what he can or cannot do.” But there could be hope on the horizon. “She’s going to get an opportunity to alter her parents’ past mistakes and she’s going to have an unlikely ally, which is Regina,” Kitsis adds.

You know there is some high praises for Cruella's centric.  Victoria Smurfit, Eddie (he said it's his top 5 of the series), now Patrick Fischler and it's not this guy's first rodeo either.  I was looking forward to her centric and how we know she has some kind of a history with the Peddler.  Wonder what all that's about.  Can we skip this week's episode?  Because seriously, eff Zelena and whatever contrived stuff they're about to come up with, plus written by my least, very least writer EVER.

The more people keep praising the Cruella-centric episode as one of the best episodes of the series, the more I keep side-eyeing it. The last time we had a bunch of people gushing about an episode, we got The Three Stooges meets The Shattered Sight Spell.

• Love 1
The more people keep praising the Cruella-centric episode as one of the best episodes of the series, the more I keep side-eyeing it. The last time we had a bunch of people gushing about an episode, we got The Three Stooges meets The Shattered Sight Spell.

Totally. Eddie also thinks that their choice for Snowflake's name is great and he loves it, so I'm more than side-eyeing that episode. I'm virtually guaranteed to hate it.

ETA: I just realized that based on everything I've seen in the spoilers I have nothing to look forward to on this show anymore....actually a lot of the things I've seen I hate and just blech, blech, bleeeeeeech! Aside from Emma and Hook tidbits and whatever it is that's going with Emma and the dagger storyline in the 4x22, there's nothing worth tuning in for.

..bless you, HBO, for having GoT back this weekend. I had almost forgotten what it was like to watch a good fantasy TV show.

Edited by FabulousTater

Meh!  Anything is better than what's about to be served on Sunday.  I think GoT has a repeat of last year's season finale which I haven't seen yet.

The single one thing I'm really curious about regarding Cruella is whether or not we get to see her without all the makeup and hair she has on.  

I expect I'll enjoy the Cruella episode because Victoria Smurfit is doing a great job in the role, but I'm not looking forward to it because the show has given me no reason to care about Cruella. Also, because it sounds like they really are doing a thing where one-by-one Ursula, Cruella, and Maleficent will get their happy endings and no one in the writers' room will notice that it makes zero sense for the arc as set up in 4B since apparently villains can get their happy ending without the Savior going light or talking to the Author.

I'm grumpy. This is why I shouldn't have read spoilers. 4B was set up to be a Regina-centric storyline exploring issues of fate, free will, and redemption after Regina was sidelined in 4A for a stupid Outlaw Queen plot (and never even got to figure out how to save Marian). Instead, it's yet another Emma-centric storyline centering on stupid, retconned issues with Snow, Charming, and Maleficent. I ship Captain Swan, so I'm sure I'll be just as moved as the next CS fan by the ending--heck, I legit teared up when Belle forced Rumple over the town line and I DESPISE Rumpbelle, so I'll probably be a weeping mess at this finale. But that's not going to make me less grumpy about all the potential squandered in 4B. Regina better freaking be involved in the search for Emma if there is one (and I don't care how they explain away the Henry factor; he'll probably just insist on coming with) because it is a huge waste of her character and Lana's talents to isolate her in scenes with Robin.

• Love 1

4B was set up to be a Regina-centric storyline exploring issues of fate, free will, and redemption after Regina was sidelined in 4A for a stupid Outlaw Queen plot (and never even got to figure out how to save Marian). Instead, it's yet another Emma-centric storyline centering on stupid, retconned issues with Snow, Charming, and Maleficent.

This show is never Emma-centric. You mean Emma has a storyline in the present? Why yes she does. Because Emma must always feature in some way in the present or there'd be no Emma since she doesn't exist in the past. However, Emma gets pretty much zero development. She'll be given a plot related freak out or issue and it's promptly resolved with a hug. Mostly she just runs around chasing the MacGuffin of the day. They pretend Emma is going dark because they created a promo about it and the show has used it for the character assassinations of Snowing, people ask about it, but that's not going to be a huge plot point since she's fine in the next ep and she's off to New York the episode after that. You want frustration, anger and grumpiness? Talk to Emma fans.

Regina was given the Maleficent-centric and given that Barbara Hershey is back for "Mother" it seems that Regina may yet steal another from her. Regina has a large role in 4B. She's working with Henry, she's working with some old friends while trying to be better, next week she'll be doing something because of Rumpel's blackmail while all the other main characters are sidelined by another fun hike through the woods. Then she's off on a road trip with Emma to get Lily & Robin Hood. And filming spoilers indicate a ton of Regina in the finale. How is Regina being at all sidelined in 4B?

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 5
How is Regina being at all sidelined in 4B?

Because this story was set up to be about Regina's questions about her identity and instead it's become about Emma's identity. Regina is involved in the action, but she's not involved in the character development.  Sure, she's working with the QoD but we don't know what it all means for her because we don't get any insight. What does she feel about Maleficent's resurrection? Does she feel guilty? Scared? What does she feel about Rumple's return? Does she feel tempted to take the easier, evil path? Does she feel guilty about her role in August's return and the impact of that on Geppetto? What does she think about Ursula getting a happy ending and what that means for the foundational premise of her quest? We get scene after scene of Snowing's moral agony and we get to see Emma's mental headspace and plenty of Emma's emotional head space and we know the climax is all going to come down to Emma, but we don't get anything like that for Regina. It's just whatever Lana can convey with facial expressions and tone (which is a lot, but there needs to be some text, too!). That's sidelining Regina from her story, and IMHO, not following through on the story that was set up.

It's the same thing that happened in 4A with Emma, except with Emma at least it only happened at the end instead of all the way through. But 4A was set up to be a story focusing on Emma's identity issues (about her magic, her foster life with Ingrid, her opening up to Hook) and then it all came down to Anna and Belle for resolution. Sure, Emma was involved in both climactic scenes, but the resolution had nothing to do with Emma's journey. 

I don't mind Emma having her own arc during 4B that gets considerable time. Emma's the lead character. She should always have an arc. But Emma's arc shouldn't come at the expense of Regina's arc just as Anna/Elsa's and Belle's story shouldn't have come at the expense of Emma's. It's bad writing, and it's especially frustrating because Regina's story in 4A was so crappy.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 1

Is the Cruella-centric the one on next week? If so, then I would guess that it's going to be a good one I don't want to miss, based on the fact that I likely will be missing it. But I have a chance to watch John Rutter conducting the premiere of a new piece of his (choir geeks will know why this is a big deal -- if I'd known far enough in advance, I'd have temporarily switched choirs so I could have sung in it), so that wins. It just seems that when I have to miss an episode due to a music thing, it's a good one.

Then again, I was singing in a concert the night of "Heroes and Villains," so maybe my streak won't hold.