Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Dark One Emma is just a stupid idea in practice. Either use a True Love's Kiss or Emma could just leave Storybrooke and enjoy a good life in the world in which she grew up.

Yes but they have a built in convenient plot point-since Emma didn't stab Rump, all the rules are out the window. Not that they follow their own rules in general anyway, see Snow casting the Dark Curse, but they can stamp a new name on it, call it a day and head to the golf course. But I'm not convinced Emma is going to be the main "villain" so there's bound to be another one. I would laugh if it's Jafar and I think Rump is still one.

completely wiped of the Dark One Curse in the real world, so problem solved.

Yeah but Rump wanted to cleave himself from the dagger and go out into the real world with his magic intact. So somehow cleaving himself from the dagger would make his magic work in LWM?

All that stuff in the interview about Robin pursuing Regina and wanting to ditch Marian actually being "honorable" and a good example for his son because he's following his heart and being true to himself sounds like the kind of sleazy rationalizations you'd hear from a creep trying to justify cheating on his wife and ditching her for another woman. It's even worse than "my wife doesn't understand me" because he's trying to turn cheating into a virtue. It also makes him sound totally callous about Marian.

• Love 8

It's even worse than "my wife doesn't understand me" because he's trying to turn cheating into a virtue. It also makes him sound totally callous about Marian.

I seriously cannot believe this dreck is being presented as a beautiful romance. Sean seems like a very nice person, but the comparison to Romeo and Juliet? LMAO!! 

It's interesting that Rumple is not in the climactic Storybrooke scenes for the Season finale. When and where did he cleave himself from the Dagger? He is either back in the EF, or he is out in the Real World with his powers intact. I don't think the writers will move the action to the Real World, so I suspect he's back in the EF. That way the Nevengers 2.0 will encounter him when they presumably go looking for Emma in S5A. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I seriously cannot believe this dreck is being presented as a beautiful romance. Sean seems like a very nice person, but the comparison to Romeo and Juliet? LMAO!! 

Ehh, I don't know.  The comparison kind of works for me.

I know we're supposed think of Romeo and Juliet as an epic love affair, but the whole play takes place in mere days.  Romeo's an immature 16 who's mooning over someone else at the start of the play, Juliet is a 13 year old with a crush who was just fine with her father's pick not so long ago.  If they'd lived, they'd've been tired of each other in a month.

Immature?  Rash?  Fickle?  Stupid decisions all around?

Sounds like Robin/Regina to me. 

(I hate Romeo and Juliet.  Never found the thing romantic--just found them stupid.  Give me Much Ado About Nothing or 12th Night any day.)

Edited by Mari
  • Love 13

Ehh, I don't know.  The comparison kind of works for me.

I know we're supposed think of Romeo and Juliet as an epic love affair, but the whole play takes place in mere days.  Romeo's an immature 16 who's mooning over someone else at the start of the play, Juliet is a 13 year old with a crush who was just fine with her father's pick not so long ago.  If they'd lived, they'd've been tired of each other in a month.

Immature?  Rash?  Fickle?  Stupid decisions all around?

I doubt Sean meant the comparison that way. lol

I know in this cynical world people tend to look down on Romeo and Juliet, but in simple terms, their tragic love affair was what brought the ugliness of the conflict between the two families into sharp relief, and effectively ended it. 

• Love 1

I don't understand why there is a need to pretend that Robin following his heart to be with Regina is honorable at all. Why can't it simply be that they've taken different paths in life and it's time to move on and be happy rather than muddle through in misery with each other? Marian explicitly said that she doesn't want Robin if she's not his choice. It's not even some forbidden romance at this point. Everyone was in agreement. Get a divorce and move on. This isn't some sort of epic True Love that are being pulled apart because of a bitter family feud. Hell, Snow was pro-affair because well, everybody's doing it.

I can maybe stretch the Romeo & Juliet references to the fact that Romeo slew Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) and Juliet was able to deal, so we could try to expand that as Regina killed Marian and Robin is also able to be okay with it. You have to squint really hard to make that work, but it's the best I've got.

• Love 4

Sneak peek 1

I know most don't care about the upcoming episode, but for those who do, Rumple goes to Robin who owns the tavern Regina saw him at and sends him to Oz to retrieve the elixir of the wounded heart.  So this encounter happens before Robin breaks into the Dark One's castle to steal the wand to cure pregnant Marian from her illness.  You know, back when he loved her and all.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was a little confused about the timeline in the Sneak Peek, but it makes sense that this was before Robin broke into the Dark Castle to steal the wand.

I don't understand why there is a need to pretend that Robin following his heart to be with Regina is honorable at all. Why can't it simply be that they've taken different paths in life and it's time to move on and be happy rather than muddle through in misery with each other?

Because they want to make OQ to be some epic romance, rather than a story of a man who moved on from loving his wife (or even remotely caring for her), and fell in love with a sexier model. Marian was the bigger person when she made the speech about wanting to be chosen. Anyway, it's all a muddle when you take into account that Marian is actually Zelena in disguise. 

OT: Those who love Much Ado, have you checked out Nothing Much To Do, a modern AU vlog adaptation of the story? It's fantastic, and they're going to be doing a sequel loosely based on Love's Labour's Lost.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Anyway, it's all a muddle when you take into account that Marian is actually Zelena in disguise. 

Have we pinpointed when, roughly, Zelena takes Marian's place?  Because it could clear up a lot, or, TS and TW, make it worse.

(And thanks for the vlog tip.  I'll check it out.)

Have we pinpointed when, roughly, Zelena takes Marian's place?  Because it could clear up a lot, or, TS and TW, make it worse.

The common consensus is that Zelena's "soul" or essence or whatever traveled back in time with Emma and Hook through the Time Vortex, and took Marian's place. I'm guessing that the Marian we saw in the past being paraded by Regina was already Zelena. The real Marian died some other way, perhaps in Zelena's own hands (thus absolving Regina of all blame). The writers needn't have bothered--it was not like Robin cared anyway.

(You're welcome!)

• Love 1
(edited)

(And thanks for the vlog tip.  I'll check it out.)

There were BTS of Marian and Zelena in the EF and Marian was wearing her prisoner outfit.

If Zelena killed Marian as retaliation against Robin stealing from her and giving whatever to Rumple, yeah, it explains why that would be Robin's fault.  But it also makes Robin absolutely shitty for not being forthcoming about that little nugget when Marian was standing there accusing Regina of being a monster.  It's like WTF, dude.  "But I thought Zelena killed you as revenge for the job I did for Rumple (but it's really her other megalomaniac, spycho sister who did it instead)"

Zelena cursed Hook's lips and everyone flipped their shit and called him a liar about basically everything, including how he found out that the curse was coming. Because he's a pirate and pirates are liars. 

I find it really interesting how they completely tore down Robin Hood and built up Hook.  I'm not really sure why they destroyed Robin like that.  They didn't even have to go about it that way if they wanted OQ to be epic.  They could have done it without destroying him like this.

He knew who Zelena was this whole time and said nothing.  She might've killed his wife and he said nothing.  If I'm Regina, I'm pissed.  But she's clearly not, because she's an idiot.

ETA - 

Just thought of something...Sean mentioned something regarding Robin Loxley and we know they're going to basically address the recast within the show and explain why Robin didn't have the tattoo but this one does.

So if this whole thing takes place before Robin goes to the Dark One's castle to get the wand to save Marian's life, is it possible that the guy who went into that castle is the REAL Robin Loxley and that this Robin with the tattoo who is supposed to be Regina's soulmate is really just some thief who met Marian after the REAL Robin died?  That would also mean that Roland isn't his biological son if that's what it is.  So they're really not trashing the REAL Robin, but just the fake one.

I managed to make myself feel better.  I know one of you will ruin it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
(edited)

Do you think Zelena could have killed Marian and feigned execution at Regina's hands in the original timeline to cover up her tracks? I don't mean time-travelling Zelena, I mean the Zelena from the original timeline in that day and age. Maybe it was an attempt to get inside Regina's castle? I don't know. It sounds ridiculous, but we know the show is going in that direction with this.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Robin Hood, as Sean describes him, is full of bullshit.

It is hideous what they have done to this iconic figure of genuine honor and loyalty and heroism.

And Sean, though he may well be a totally sweet, charming and fun guy, is spouting total steaming bullshit about Romeo and Juliet and how Robin *got over* his true love for Marian and is trying to teach his son how to be a *real* man by loving Regina.

Did I mention BULLSHIT enough????? No??

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT.

• Love 6

I know most don't care about the upcoming episode

I do! I'm actually quite intrigued to see how/if they can pull all this Robin and Rumple and Zelena stuff off without retcons or gaping plot holes. And I don't care much about Robin or Zelena. But this whole Zelena = Marian thing has been debated and speculated on for so long now, I want to see it play out.

I'm actually interested in the next three episodes, just because we know so little about them. Clearly I have zero self-control when it comes to spoilers, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy when I'm forced to remain in the dark.

• Love 2

I'm actually quite intrigued to see how/if they can pull all this Robin and Rumple and Zelena stuff off without retcons or gaping plot holes.

You are quite the optimist, retrograde. I go into every episode wondering if they can pull it off without any retcons or gaping plot holes. And most of those episodes don't usually involve a resurrected dead character, possible stolen identities, and wonky timeline changes.

Sean mentions a "pretty delicious shock" coming up in this episode. I wonder if the cliffhanger will be the reveal that Zelena is disguising herself as Marian.

• Love 1

You are quite the optimist, retrograde. I go into every episode wondering if they can pull it off without any retcons or gaping plot holes. And most of those episodes don't usually involve a resurrected dead character, possible stolen identities, and wonky timeline changes.

Sean mentions a "pretty delicious shock" coming up in this episode. I wonder if the cliffhanger will be the reveal that Zelena is disguising herself as Marian.

Robin: Thank God! Off the hook on the whole honorable thing or whatever!

How useless is Robin. He's going broke running a tavern? Isn't that a license to print money? I know I'd be drinking a lot if I lived in the EF and all sorts of magical Queens and Imps could use me as a pawn t or an Ogre war could flair up at any moment.

Why did he go from being a ne'er do well-horse thief to being a useless tavern owner?

• Love 1

I know, I know. I think it's because we don't really have many substantial spoilers for this ep (other than the very substantial Zelena thing, obviously). Also, I was so convinced of the Marian = Zelena thing in the hiatus between seasons 3 and 4 and spent a lot of mental energy trying to figure out the specifics of it. I totally gave up on it in 4A, only for the pleasant turn of events that I was right after all. After all this time, I just want to see the damn thing play out. But I fully expect it to have zero internal logic. 

I'm just waiting for the explanation of how Marian's heart was a bright, brilliant red when Regina removed it for the freezing curse. Since we see actual Zelena wearing Marian's clothes when Emma & Regina return from the road trip from hell (seriously, can you imagine being trapped in a car with Regina, Robin, Zelena and Lily for hours?), it can't be that Zelena's spirit is possessing Marian's body. And Robin knew Zelena in the past and never had a conversation with Regina about her sister in 3B? Whatever, show.

• Love 3

I'm not keen on the "my heart has moved on" rationale for ending a marriage. If that's all totally okay, then there are some people who'd never be able to stay married because they're always looking at what they don't have. It seems like there should be actual issues within the marriage, like no longer being compatible, before you give up on it, and Robin didn't even try with Marian. So that already makes him kind of sleazy to me, that he didn't bother with his wife because of someone he'd only just started seeing a couple of days earlier. And then for him to make it out as something honorable and heroic for him to run off with Regina, and a good example to his son, it's just gross. If it were that honorable and heroic and the right thing to do, then maybe he should have said that up front when Marian returned instead of playing the honor card in saying he was going to stay with her, only to cheat and then plan to leave her. Yeah, that's a great example to his son. I really hope this is the kind of head canon Sean had to create in order to play any of these scenes without throwing up.

I'll wait to see how the Zelena idiocy plays out before I start ranting and raving, but you really do have to wonder what the hell Robin's deal is if he knew Zelena and said nothing while everyone was searching for her, and if he didn't say anything when Regina was angsting to him about learning she was her sister.

Maybe Tink was the Continuity Fairy and when she moved to do another series, no one stepped in to take her place.

• Love 2
So if this whole thing takes place before Robin goes to the Dark One's castle to get the wand to save Marian's life, is it possible that the guy who went into that castle is the REAL Robin Loxley and that this Robin with the tattoo who is supposed to be Regina's soulmate is really just some thief who met Marian after the REAL Robin died?

I would love for that to be true, but you just know they are just going to pull some idiotic "Glamour Spell" on us. He got somebody (Zelena?) to glamour him up so is former deal partner wouldn't know who he was. Naturally, Rumple will immediately know who he is and the only people who were fooled by the spell will be the viewing audience. They will leave the gapping plot hole that Belle recognized Robin without the "Glamour Spell" when everybody returned to the EF because they figure the audience's memory is as bad as their own. If ever confronted, A&E will claim that Belle could see his soul or some such nonsense.

Or maybe Rumple glamours him up for his trip to OZ (why? nobody knows who he is). It can't be Regina glamouring him up because she apparently never saw him again after the bar. That's why I think it's Zelena, but that would make him even more of a creep for not telling people about Zelena. I guess they can just introduce some random magical person to glamour him - or maybe Blue. She'll do something shady in a pinch (and for REASONS, she can't cure Marian herself).  

With Rumple being Hook and Zelena being Marian and Creepy Robin being Robin-We-Want-Back, maybe Emma doesn't sacrifice herself in the finale. It's probablyy Grumpy just glamoured to be Emma while the real Emma is off making s'mores with Henry. That scene between Hook and Grumpy Emma is really Grumpy Emma telling Hook to watch after his boat.  

• Love 2

I'm a little excited about this episode because it's a change of pace from all the mega drama. We get to see some different settings, different characters, etc. Knock it all you want, but I'm glad they're giving Zelena another chance. Her character potential was wasted big time and I thought they could do so much more with her. Like retrograde said, hopefully this episode will answer some of the plot hole questions. I, too want to see how the Zelena-is-Marian conspiracy is going to play out. If they address the recast for Robin, that's even better.

This elixir, though. "Oh by the way, did you know Gold has had a heart condition since the beginning of the show? Who knew!"

• Love 4

I really don't get how Sean came to the conclusion that Robin and Regina are "kindred spirits". An outlaw who lived in a forest, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, is very very different to a tyrannical queen who terrorised the poor because she wanted to get revenge on one bandit.

Hook and Emma are kindred spirits. That's their thing. The best justification Outlaw Queen can hope for is "opposites attract".

Are you serious? Kindred spirits? Are they just choosing CS talking points now, in hope that we'll nod and go "oh yeah, just like Hook and Emma, so epic"?

• Love 5
Well it looks like Snowing are going to be honest with Emma about them knowing the author from the get-go, which is kind of refreshing after all the Secretz! and Liez!

But do they know the Author? I wouldn't call meeting a random stranger on the road, helping him to move his cart put of a rut and chatting with him about the local villain as knowing him at all. I might say I have met the person before, but I thought he was a peddler. The dude gets stuffed in a book the next time we see him. Snowing has no more opportunity to meet him or know him. Are we going to get a further ret-con that the Peddler grew up in the same castle as Snow and he is practically her brother? She knew all along he'd become a rogue author and still listened to his suggestions?

Honestly, if Snow is talking about the Author in that script-tease, I suddenly know a lot of people including the person in the grocery store who I helped get the box of cereal down from the top shelf. Who knew? I hope the cereal eater doesn't become a serial killer or I might be a known accomplice. Maybe that would only be true in Storybrooke.

I hope they are talking about some other "him" like King Midas or the guy who cuts their lawn. Somebody Snow might actually know their name or one thing about.

• Love 1
Are you serious? Kindred spirits? Are they just choosing CS talking points now, in hope that we'll nod and go "oh yeah, just like Hook and Emma, so epic"?

There was also the whole Han Solo bit which...yeah, never mind.

But do they know the Author?

This is sounding like the whole sleeping curse vs sleeping spell which are very different, but they kept calling it the sleeping curse instead of the sleeping spell.  The final scene before Emma gave chase, Snowing recognized him because of the flask and he recognized them after he said "a nice young couple on the road blah blah".  I think this whole thing is for the sake of Snowing coming completely clean and they met him before the whole egg debacle happened and for them to be able to actually search for him with Emma.

About Zarian (I know, lame), hard as I try, the only thing I'm sort of coming up with is that Zelena sees Hook and Emma running around the EF in the past and just follows them to see what they're up to.  They were glamoured to look like other people in the episode, so it's not outside of the realm of possibilities that she does the exact same thing to get inside Midas' ball.  She kills Marian and takes her place in the cell and then hitches a ride to the future where she no longer exists because she died and all.  I know, there's a hole the size of the moon in this.  

I haven't got a clue how they're going to explain any of this in a way that makes sense.

Sean sounds like a total sweetheart, so it's a shame has to play such an ugh-worthy Robin.

I'm still excited about the episode, mainly because of Zelena, but I'm prepared for plot holes and inconsistencies galore. I feel like they should have had these flashbacks in 3b instead of Zelena's monologuing. Maybe Robin was zapped by a memory potion or charm, so that's why he didn't recognize her. I don't know. Whatever. i'm just going to enjoy the episode for what it is.

We get to see Oz again!

I haven't got a clue how they're going to explain any of this in a way that makes sense.

I doubt they will even try.

Look! Shiny! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Love 2

I get that many users on this board are heavily invested in CS as a pairing and everything that's said about them, but as someone who doesn't ship much of anything on this show I find buzz words like kindred spirits, soulmates, etc. hardly unique to any one of the various pairings on this show and how actors or writers talk about them. I'm sure they all consider or would at least like to sell their respective stories as something epic to the audience and look at the romantic relationships as pairings of characters who are connected deeply based on their respective pasts and approaches to life and love - and there's only so many ways you can express that. I'm not bothered by it. But, like I said, then again I'm not overly invested in any of these pairings.

Sean Maguire sounds like a nice guy. The little story about their small cast Easter dinner was nice to read, this cast does seem to be fairly close overall.

• Love 4
(edited)

It honestlymakes no difference which ship I prefer... "kindred spirits" has obviously been a big CS talking point since S2, parrotted out by JM, Colin and A&E. It's just weird that Sean would be saying it about OQ, because it doesn't fit? It's like if Emilie called Rumbelle kindred spirits.

Maybe he heard Jen and Colin talking about it at Easter and thought it sounded smart? Jen can be super-eloquent, add a food coma and some wine and the poor guy got his wires crossed.

Edited by Serena
(edited)

I don't care who else calls their "ship" a kindred spirit, there is just no way that Outlaw Queen fits the definition. As was explained to me many years ago by Anne Shirley, kindred spirits are people who share opinions, interests and outlooks.

Outlaw Queen are no doubt drawn to each other, but it has nothing to do with sharing a common opinion or interests. They rarely share those at all and frequently are extreme opposites. Disney Robin Hood and Maid Marian were kindred spirits.  Robin Hood and Evil Queen are more like opposites attract.

I think we need to find some epic romances for Sean to compare Outlaw Queen too because he obviously hasn't paid any attention to Romance stories and is just throwing out names and terms he's heard. Could we compare them to Jane Eyre? Rochester has a wife that shows up and ruins his wedding to Jane. They get separated and eventually find their way back to each other. Granted Rochester goes blind and he's kind of a control freak, but there are elements there maybe?  We are supposed to feel sorry for Rochester, but I always found him kind of creepy myself, but lots of people think their love is epic Or how about Scarlett and Rhett? She's a one man wrecking crew and he's a profitter. They squabble a lot, but were always meant to love each other, but are somewhat star-crossed. Scarlett is always chasing a Happy Ending, but would never lie around moaning like Regina. I still think Dr. Zhivago works too.

Edited by kili
  • Love 1
(edited)

He does sound like a nice guy. I am happy to hear about their Easter dinner, which was probably a great time with that group.

I will preface this by saying I'm PR person so I am careful about what I say and tell my clients to say in interviews. I probably would have told him to play up other aspects of Outlaw Queen. For example, while I see Hook and Emma in terms of kindred spirits and having a lot in common despite being born in different places and times, I think that one could not say the same for Regina and Robin. It would probably be better for him and Lana to discuss them in terms of opposites attracting, admiring the characteristics the other has that they don't, etc.

I think they should play up more of the "opposites attract" angle too. "Kindred Spirits" and such is a common term for a lot of couples, so I don't care too much Sean saying what he did. They are each other's second chance at love (yeah, I know, the circumstances are crazy--I don't ship it either, but they at least have that in common), but I think it'd work better if Sean played up the opposites attract/pixie dust fate angle.

It's hard to judge though, because Robin isn't fleshed out, like at all. Is Heart Of Gold considered a Robin Hood centric? Wouldn't it be his first?

So who knows, maybe Sean is talking with the rest of the season in mind?

I'll stop there because we're veering off topic.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
I think "Heart of Gold" will end up being "Enter the Dragon" a Rumple-centric.

The name sure seems to imply it. Although I'd love it if it turned out to be a red herring or something.

Re: Robin episode, the description puts to rest my favorite crack theory about Sean Maguire Robin being an impostor and Tom Ellis Robin being the real deal. Pity.

They'll force her back without informing everyone and without checking how she actually is there.  Then, she'll fall into a season-long depression before starting a slightly creepy relationship that manages to infuriate both the people that hate the pairing and love the pairing?  Then someone will make a speech about crayons.

They could've at least dug her up first. Honestly!

I've actually been thinking that a BtVS/Once mash-up could be kinda fun. I can imagine a younger Emma as a Slayer, with Killian as a dark mage (a la Ethan Rayne - some kinda Chaotic Neutral sort up against her Lawful Good). I think that would be better than making him a vampire (despite the obvious [iMO] Spike parallels), 'cuz then he'd still have free will. Neal could be an Angel/us type character. Maybe Regina as Dru? IDK. Some neat "What-ifs" there.

(edited)
Neal could be an Angel/us type character.

Why do you hate Angel this much? He was so much more interesting (and better written) than Neal it's impossible to compare them. Now, I'd compare him to Xander if I had to, because I hate Xander and feel like his shitty behavior has never really been dealt with on the show (kinda like Neal), but I realize this is a very subjective opinion.

As for Spike, I think the best parallel is Regina, actually. Especially late seasons Spike.

Overall, I don't think that Once/Buffy mashup would work well because they are just too different. Now, I've seen somewhere a Once/Dragon Age Origins crossover, and this could be actually pretty fun, but I doubt there are many video gamers here.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

Why do you hate Angel this much? He was so much more interesting (and better written) than Neal it's impossible to compare them. Now, I'd compare him to Xander if I had to, because I hate Xander and feel like his shitty behavior has never really been dealt with on the show (kinda like Neal), but I realize this is a very subjective opinion.

As for Spike, I think the best parallel is Regina, actually. Especially late seasons Spike.

Overall, I don't think that Once/Buffy mashup would work well because they are just too different. Now, I've seen somewhere a Once/Dragon Age Origins crossover, and this could be actually pretty fun, but I doubt there are many video gamers here.

Because Angel's lame. His hair sticks straight up and he's bloody stupid. ;-)

The Neal/Emma/Hook triangle reminded me of Angel/Buffy/Spike from jump. Neal/Angel was Emma/Buffy's first love, who left her with some deep emotional scarring. Hook/Spike is the guy who has the unenviable task of cleaning up his predecessor's mess.

I don't really see the Regina/Spike parallels. They're both snarky, I grant you, but Hook/Spike works better for me. Flirty, sexy, dangerous, the sparkly blue eyes, accent and long black coat, even a flask (whiskey vs. rum, but still). I could go on. I even wrote a crossover fan-fic on that very subject.

• Love 1

Hey folks, friendly reminder that you are, as always, free to disagree with another's opinion so long as it's civil. Please report any posts you feel cross the line.

Thanks and feel free to PM me or any of the other OUAT Mods (@aquarian1, @MostlyC and @stacey) with questions. 

EW has the non-Scoop on Agnes Bruckner being Lily

Fp69iOEqSjflC.gif

It does seem to have started the whole whitewashing debate again, though.

Speaking of non-spoilers, E! had this in its Spoiler Chat today:

MonicaHoodMills: will we see how he became Robin Hood? #OUAT
When we asked Sean Maguire to sum up this week's Robin Hood-centric episode of Once Upon a Time, he chose these: "Robin Hood's origins." So we'll take that as a yes!

It does seem to have started the whole whitewashing debate again, though.

There's a quite passionate argument going on in the comments about Regina's ethnic background, and whether or not it's been mentioned on the show, and that Regina is clearly Latina, and has even spoken Spanish to Emma.

I'm not trying to take sides, or get in an argument, or start an argument.  I know Parilla's Latina and not limited to English.  However, I can't remember the show addressing these issues for Regina.  Have they?  And I don't remember Regina ever speaking Spanish--did she, and I just didn't register it?

(edited)

And I don't remember Regina ever speaking Spanish--did she, and I just didn't register it?

She mentioned "tapas" in 3x17, but that's all I can remember. Honestly I am so tired of seeing people constantly pulling the race card, especially in a fictional TV show where actors/actresses can't always be a totally accurate representation of what people want to see. 

When we asked Sean Maguire to sum up this week's Robin Hood-centric episode of Once Upon a Time, he chose these: "Robin Hood's origins." So we'll take that as a yes!

We'll get a 5 minute scene of Marian and the Sheriff of Nottingham in the beginning. Rest of the show goes to Zelena and Rumple. There sure is a lot of story to cover in this episode when you think about it.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm all for diversity in casting, but this seems like a tempest in a teapot to me. There was absolutely no emphasis placed on Lily's race/ethnicity in that earlier episode.

I don't know why they chose to go this route, but then I don't pretend to understand even half the bull crap they put out on a regular basis.

• Love 1