Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Thank God I wasn't drinking anything when I read that sacrificing herself was "on par" for Regina, because then I would posting this from the afterlife after choking to death.

• Love 7

Yeah, Natalie Abrams loathes Hook -- she was a big Neal/Swanfire fan. It's pretty pathetic how biased she is and sad that she's the TV writer for EW with such blatant biases. If it's any consolation, other fandoms hate her and think she's biased, too, to the point of designating one person to copy & paste her articles so as not to give her hits.

Thank God I wasn't drinking anything when I read that sacrificing herself was "on par" for Regina, because then I would posting this from the afterlife after choking to death.

That . . . would be an interesting post.

I'm very glad we didn't have to risk your afterlife having wifi connection issues.  :)

This was posted on tumblr earlier and I think it pretty much sums up how I feel about Lana's interview about Regina for Sunday's show. I have to restock this weekend but luckily, the grocery store has a 10% off deal when you buy six bottles of wine at once.

tumblr_nldpm33P4X1svrjjlo1_500.jpg

• Love 5

This was posted on tumblr earier...

I made that! :) It was for St. Patrick's Day. Here's the whole thing:

http://hooked-on-hiddles.tumblr.com/post/113910424780

I don't really drink, but I understand the need of others to do so in regards to this show!

Regarding Regina and sacrifice, I can see how some people might think she has sacrificed, because she has some noble things, but all the examples I can think of are directly related to something horrible she did. It's like when Elsa told David that she shouldn't be thanked for fixing something that was her fault. I don't know if Regina understands that concept.

• Love 8

I made that! :) It was for St. Patrick's Day. Here's the whole thing:

http://hooked-on-hiddles.tumblr.com/post/113910424780

I don't really drink, but I understand the need of others to do so in regards to this show!

No way! I follow you and didn't even know it. And yes, I love that graphic. May have to stash it away for every Sunday depending on how each episode turns out. :) Based on the spoilers, it may be quite a few of them.

• Love 3

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Regina sacrifices her tears every other episode. Those things are crazy powerful and should not be wasted and yet, endless sacrifice.

Back to the spoilers, I'm just thrilled with the idea of a Regina/Henry filled finale. It's like a dream come true. No seriously. If the Zelena = Marian plot doesn't manage to turn me off this show for good, two hours of Henry on my television will definitely let me quit this show for good. Unless he dies at the end. Then I'd be back.

• Love 1

BTS photo from Adam (I assume from what they're shooting today, not the next episode). Eagle-eyed tumblr people note that it is very similar to Leopold's throne room, though looking at 1.11, the inset design is very different. So... is it an alternate world, or just set recycling?

Edited by retrograde

And, on Thursday they are shooting inside a place called the Orpheum Theatre:

Sorry for being a few days late on this. The Orpheum is no stranger to filming. I remember it best as a place of foreboding and doom from Battlestar Galactica. Here is a link listing various shows and movies that have filmed there. It also shows stills from the productions. Maybe it'll give us a hint of what they are up to. https://moviemaps.org/locations/4l

• Love 3

I made that! :) It was for St. Patrick's Day. Here's the whole thing:http://hooked-on-hiddles.tumblr.com/post/113910424780

OMG, I freaking love that logo/graphic. You should put it on a tee, because I'd wear the hell outta that - and proudly too! Nice job!

I read somewhere on Tumblr that folks thought it was the outdoor courtyard throne/dias that Snow and Charming were sitting on when they came so close to actually doing us a favor and executing Regina via arrow squad. So, so close...sigh.

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 3

BTS photo from Adam (I assume from what they're shooting today, not the next episode). Eagle-eyed tumblr people note that it is very similar to Leopold's throne room, though looking at 1.11, the inset design is very different. So... is it an alternate world, or just set recycling?

Throne room of evil Snowing?

So I've been wondering about how all of this stuff will affect the people whose story is not in the book.  I mean Henry is not in the book at all and Emma and Hook are sort of in it, but as Charles and Leia, but their actual stories are not there.  If their stories are not there, then how much can they be affected by all of this?

Or is this going to be a sort of deep down wishful thinking on Regina's part and everyone is just some chess piece she gets to move.  Maybe she always thought David would be a good jester so he becomes just that (it's just an example obviously).

There is one character I'm really curious about and it's the one we have zero information on and haven't for a bit.  Rumple.  What in the world is this guy up to?

Edited by YaddaYadda

I mean Henry is not in the book at all and Emma and Hook are sort of in it, but as Charles and Leia, but their actual stories are not there.

IIRC, Emma is in the book as herself. Baby Emma is shown in the book along with her blanket. Seeing that was one of the chinks in her "My-parents-are-not-Snow-White-and-Prince-Charming" armour.

I'n not expecting a lot of logic in this finale. Regina isn't asking for Snow and Charming to be evil, she just wants her own happy ending despite being a villain. Why would that make Snow evil? She wasn't evil before she met Regina, so why would she suddenly change if Regina runs off on her father to be with Robin? Frankly, the entire White family would probablhy thank their lucky stars to be rid of that  horse murdering whiner. How does Snow even meet Charming and if she is evil and why does she decide to marry a poor sheep farmer? Or does Rumple not manipulate James death and she marries him? (without the trade sanctions Rumple has Regina put on King George, he doesn't have to get James to fight a big unkillable guy to prove he can resolve Midas's dragon problem).

Or maybe this is totally "It's a Wonderful Life" where the "Author"/"Angel" shows Regina how terrible the world would be if she didn't sacrifice (Bill the Cat: Ack! Barf!) her entire life. Clarence seemed to have been gilding the lilly a little there too with how bad things would be without George. I just don't want them to be comparing slaughering of villages, sending children on suicide missions and raping huntsman to the kind of sacrifices that George Bailey made.

• Love 2
IIRC, Emma is in the book as herself. Baby Emma is shown in the book along with her blanket. Seeing that was one of the chinks in her "My-parents-are-not-Snow-White-and-Prince-Charming" armour.

I know that, but her pages were also torn out and burned.  But yeah, logic doesn't really go with the show.

Or maybe this is totally "It's a Wonderful Life" where the "Author"/"Angel" shows Regina how terrible the world would be if she didn't sacrifice (Bill the Cat: Ack! Barf!) her entire life. Clarence seemed to have been gilding the lilly a little there too with how bad things would be without George. I just don't want them to be comparing slaughering of villages, sending children on suicide missions and raping huntsman to the kind of sacrifices that George Bailey made.

That sounds entirely too plausible.  I can totally see them going the route of Regina's evilness is the only reason the heroes had something to be heroic about and found true love.  Without Regina's reign of terror everyone would live in quiet, miserable, boring drudgery.

• Love 1

I know that, but her pages were also torn out and burned.  But yeah, logic doesn't really go with the show.

The all powerful author foiled by a bit of book burning? LMAO. I wouldn't put it past this show to inadvertently send the message "book burning saves lives".

EDIT: so apparently the throne picture Adam posted has been identified. It's the same throne that appeared in 3x03. I know that's everyone's favourite episode, so I'm sure I don't need to remind you that it's the episode where Regina chickens out of meeting Robin, aka Page 23. So I'm pretty sure they'd doing a "what if Regina went to meet Robin" AU. 

Edited by Serena
I wouldn't put it past this show to inadvertently send the message "book burning saves lives".

Well you know, when in doubt and all.

so I'm sure I don't need to remind you that it's the episode where Regina chickens out of meeting Robin, aka Page 23. So I'm pretty sure they'd doing a "what if Regina went to meet Robin" AU.

So first part Regina making a different decision, second part trying to get back to the real reality?  All of me hopes that what she thinks is her happy ending is not all that it's cracked out to be, like the reason she did not go to meet Robin in the first place was because she was not ready for it and realizes that in her alternate universe or whatever that drivel will be.

I think I'm gonna choose a book (not to burn) and read during the finale, depending on what the build up towards this is going to be.

• Love 1

Is it at all possible they won't make "Regina chooses Robin" into a reality that villainizes the White/Charming family?

Chosing Robin could have plausibly resulted in Snow going on with her life, angry and resentful at Regina for abandoning them, but not a bad person.  Regina wouldn't have the (blech) friendship she has with Snow.  Emma wouldn't be an adult, so she wouldn't have the (doubleblech) friendship she has with Emma.  Henry wouldn't have been born, because baby Emma would not have met Nealfire.  They could be all having perfectly normal, happy lives--that don't involve Regina at all.  IF they see Regina, they reject her, because she's the person who abandoned them.  Robin wouldn't have Roland, because at that point Robin was most likely still a shiftless horse thief who hadn't met the woman who inspired him to be more.

It would be in character for Regina to not care that everyone is relatively content and happy, if she didn't have every single piece of the "What Does Regina Want" pie. Things would have to be changed back, so that Regina can have Robin, and Henry, and Roland, and Snow, and Emma, and Charming, and . . . and . . .

TS, TW?  They wouldn't even recognize the inherent selfishness in that choice.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

It's shaping up to look like the two-part finale will be an alternative universe of Regina's "happy ending." I don't know where the theory about everyone switching sides came from, though. Is that just a fan theory everyone latched on to? But if they are in fact doing an alternative universe thing, I wish they had made that the entire half season plot instead of the (so far, rather pointless) Queens of Darkness. I'd much rather watch a half season of Emma & Co. trying to fix the alternative universe timeline and get back to Storybrooke instead of watching countless episodes of boring story book magnifying glass investigating. 

• Love 3
Is it at all possible they won't make "Regina chooses Robin" into a reality that villainizes the White/Charming family?

You have watched this show before, haven't you? Don't be silly. Of course they'll villainize the Charmings. Though the way it will play out, it will actually be really weak villainy of the sort that looks like ordinary human frailty, but the way it will be presented on the show will be that it's the Worst. Evil. Ever. Regina totally did them a favor by being a villain. In fact, her being such a villain was an epic sacrifice to make it possible for everyone else to be happy and good and to prevent the far worse evil that would have existed if she'd been good and happy. She is the eternal scapegoat for the world, taking on all their potential crimes and sins so they can all be heroes.

• Love 2

No, we know absolutely nothing about Cruella.  Her centric is 418.  Given that she is actually with both Emma and Regina in her centric.  There was a picture of her car parked with Emma and Regina's cars in Regina's driveway and the scenes were filmed inside the house.

Cruella is a complete blank slate.  They can literally do whatever with her and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her ties to the town.

Without Regina's reign of terror everyone would live in quiet, miserable, boring drudgery.

Snow: "Regina, if you didn't curse us all, we wouldn't have ever made it Storybrooke! Henry wouldn't exist! We wouldn't have this unique relationship with Emma! I wouldn't be able to be a schoolteacher! For everything you've done for us, Regina... thank you. Sorry for being such a brat before."

Cruella is a complete blank slate.  They can literally do whatever with her and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her ties to the town.

I really hope they don't screw her up... I wish "even a broken clock is right twice a day", but it's this show. Their clock is probably missing one of its hands and some of the numbers are chipped off. Cruella has been one of my favorite villains for a long time, so I hope she wasn't some daughter of an irritable woodsman or a drunk miller.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

That sounds entirely too plausible.  I can totally see them going the route of Regina's evilness is the only reason the heroes had something to be heroic about and found true love.  Without Regina's reign of terror everyone would live in quiet, miserable, boring drudgery.

Then the town holds a parade in her honor to thank her for cursing them.

Another Colin interview! Access Hollywood. Some really fun, different stuff in this one, more about off-screen stuff.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

The overall message is basically that Hook is willing to risk everything to keep Emma safe.  See?  This is exactly why I think the whole you will die thing was not supposed to be for the first half.

The overall message is basically that Hook is willing to risk everything to keep Emma safe.  See?  This is exactly why I think the whole you will die thing was not supposed to be for the first half.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the cliffhanger is Hook "dying" or somehow being sucked into some other realm.

As soon as I saw that, I knew the usual suspects on Twitter would make it sexual, instead of it being a reference to a sleeping curse. I was 100% correct, if you look at the replies on Twitter. I rather think Adam did that on purpose to bait them.

I rather think Adam did that on purpose to bait them.

Like Rumpbelle's "playing with my toys" quote? Nahhh.

I'm still guessing who interrupts the Outlaw Queen "reunion", which is obviously a dream. It could be Zelena, but she's not in the press release casting. Perhaps Regina simply wakes up before we can see her?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the cliffhanger is Hook "dying" or somehow being sucked into some other realm.

One or the other.  Hook needs at least one brush with death per half season.  2B, he was hit by a car, 3A, nothing happened to him.  3B he almost drowned.  4A, he almost got his heart crushed.  4B, looks like there's another possible "death" by drowning to his schedule.

OMG, I freaking love that logo/graphic. You should put it on a tee, because I'd wear the hell outta that - and proudly too! Nice job!

Oh, I didn't make the sign, just added the Killian Jones to it. I found it on some site, as an actual decorative sign you can buy.

• Love 1

One or the other.  Hook needs at least one brush with death per half season.  2B, he was hit by a car, 3A, nothing happened to him.  3B he almost drowned.  4A, he almost got his heart crushed.  4B, looks like there's another possible "death" by drowning to his schedule.

No, 3A kept the trend alive too: he and Neal almost died by shadow-ripping in Dark Hollow, remember?

No, 3A kept the trend alive too: he and Neal almost died by shadow-ripping in Dark Hollow, remember?

Oh right!  I totally forgot about that.  

So...we have:

1 car accident

1 near-shadow ripping

1 near-heart crushing

2 almost drownings

He's down to 4 lives.

• Love 1

In 4A he almost had a lightpole fall on him, as well as icicles. He was also almost killed by Mal under the library, and he's had numerous women hold knives to him. I'd say he is pretty much out of lives, but I'm quite sure he and Emma are endgame, so I'm not worried at all. :D