Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure the Hook parts will amount to not much at all.

Probably not. Mal's flashback didn't amount to much. 

Maybe Poseidon and Hook made a deal that screwed Ursula over.

Yeah. As Hook is wearing the Red Vest of Sex and sporting his hook, this happened post-Milah, and before he returned to the EF (Ursula is younger). I hope my theory about this being the "job" he pulled for Pan er... pans out. :-p

Edited by Rumsy4

The Red Vest of Sex is back! Prepare accordingly and make sure you stock up on needed provisions such as wine and wine. This episode got infinitely better and I don't even care that they're dressing Ernie Hudson as a Roman gladiator.

• Love 7

It looks like she's the one who hands over her voice to him (the shell), probably as payment for helping her run away from home.  The actress who plays young Ursula looks so trusting the way she's holding the shell out, I already feel bad for whatever happens to her.

I'm also having a fangirl moment with Ernie Hudson and Hook's pirate outfit.  This show has such a way to sky rocket my expectations.  I worry about myself come 9pm on Sunday and what kind of visceral reaction I'll have to this if it's a mess.  But let's face it, it will be a mess because this show, these writers. 

I'm gonna go cry in my pillow now.

• Love 1

Isn't there a way Hook could still wear his new Storybrooke clothes underneath his big pirate jacket and be a mix of both worlds? He can wear the 50 lb. thing when it's chilly outside and then take it off for indoor scenes. Ugh, I just want the jacket back forever!

• Love 6

A couple things from looking at the promo photos:

There are two shells. Hook is holding a small nautilus shell, while Ursula is holding an oyster shell. I can't tell what's in it. Maybe it's an enchanted pearl, or just a regular pearl being used as payment? I suppose the small shell could be in the big one, but that seems weird.

One of the guards next to Hook looks to be holding a bag, and since Hook's hair is a bit messy, I wonder if he didn't have the bag over his head at some point.

I'm really curious to see how Hook goes up against a god and comes out of it alive.

So Ursula is wearing a bracelet a la Ariel.  I wonder if she also needs it to have legs. 

In the seashell there's a nautilus shell which Hook is holding in his hand.  In the Little Mermaid, the nautilus shell contained Ariel's voice which Ursula used to take Eric away from Ariel.  

So really, Ursula's backstory seems to be a rehash of the actual Disney's Little Mermaid.

So the look they went for with Poseidon was that of a Roman general?

I was too distracted by the Hershey Kisses on his soldiers' heads to notice.

I'm very impressed that everyone is able to ignore that the episode summary basically says that while Rumpel and QoD torture August, Regina becomes concerned about Robin Hood.  Or sad that this is no longer a baffling turn of events.

• Love 2

^^ The "Hersheys kisses" make me giggle, but I actually sort of like them.

Young Ursula kinda looks adorable. She definitely looks like an innocent, naive girl. Yay for the red vest!

Not gonna lie, The more I look at the Poseidon outfit, the more I kinda like it? Excited for the few minutes of Ernie Hudson we'll get.

The promo pics, especially the one of Hook sitting on the steps, makes me frustrated at the promo? Department. they could easily slap a proper background behind him and make a better character promo poster than what they've been churning out lately.

One of the things I am most looking forward to is the return of Smee. I don't know how, but he somehow managed to be one of my favorite minor characters, despite being a bit shady/cowardly. I like how the actor portrays him.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I'm very impressed that everyone is able to ignore that the episode summary basically says that while Rumpel and QoD torture August, Regina becomes concerned about Robin Hood. Or sad that this is no longer a baffling turn of events.

Never underestimate the distracting power of a pirate outfit and messy hair.

• Love 2

OMG my smoldering scruffy pirate is baaaccckkkk, even if he is baaaccckkk in the past!!

YES YES SHALLOWLY YES!!!!

So this is Hook meets Gladiator...er, Poseidon. Hmm. I DON'T care as long as we have THE COAT!!!!!

The coat the coat the coat the COAT. The coattttt.

Sorry, I will control myself now.

the coat...submissive sigh.

• Love 5

In the seashell there's a nautilus shell which Hook is holding in his hand.

I downloaded the hi-res photo, and cannot see anything in the oyster/clam shell.

I wonder if Ursula could have shrunk the Jolly down and put it in a bottle, so she could transport it easily, without actually having to sail it. Or it could be a cruel joke on Hook.

Edited by pezgirl7

I downloaded the hi-res photo, and cannot see anything in the oyster/clam shell.

I wonder if Ursula could have shrunk the Jolly down and put it in a bottle, so she could transport it easily, without actually having to sail it. Or it could be a cruel joke on Hook.

Or a cruel joke on those of us who spoiler stalk...

Sorry!  I typed it and didn't read it.  What I meant because you're supposed to read my mind was that the nautical shell was probably in the oyster shell that Ursula presents to Hook.

Argh, an episode I'm looking forward to, and I can't watch it live, and I won't be able to see the HD version until the next night. You know, no matter how bad the episode is (and in this arc, I'm not getting my hopes up), we do still have the chance for some interesting acting from Colin, since he'll get to play the subtle gradations between present remorseful and trying to be good Hook and full-on pirate Hook. I bet that's where the coat helped matters because it probably gave him something tangible to trigger the changes.

Whatever happened with Ursula had to have happened during Neverland because she was already the adult version we know now before the curse, and she's a teenager in this flashback. Doesn't her dress look kind of like what movie Ariel wore during her initial time with legs? I'm not sure what I think about giving Ariel's story to Ursula. And I'm getting tired of the same kind of bad stuff that happens to heroes being used to justify the villains. But we shall see.

They will remember that Hook got the hook just before going to Neverland, right? Given their recent track record on continuity, it's not certain. Yeah, we saw him putting on the hook for the first time on the way to Neverland, but I'm not sure that means anything now with these idiots.

• Love 2

Probably not. Mal's flashback didn't amount to much. 

Its more promising, if only because Regina isn't in it.  Mal's flashback was irritating because I wanted it to be about Mal.  Mal's fairy tale would have been more interesting than a bizarrely timid Regina seeking out a villain to learn revenge only to her help kick drugs, erm find her inner villainous, and Regina finding the villain in herself or something as the immoral to the story.

With the Ursala flashback, if its about Ursala then that's good.  If its about Hook, that's good too.

• Love 3

The bottle thing is interesting. This is the episode where the peddler arrives, yes? I actually think he must bring it, then. Would make sense that a peddler could have traded it for something else or bought it. If Ursula brings it, that means she had to have come to the real world post curse 2.0, which... is possible, but seems unlikely (I think it's possible that how she and Cruella got there was tied up with Zelena somehow. It would explain how Rumple knew they were there.)

Plus, the first filming spoiler for the peddler was with Hook and Smee. (It was at this house, if that provides any clues to anyone else... perhaps that is where the door in the hat and the storybook picture leads to?)

ETA: I'm looking forward to this episode, but it does seem like there is an awful lot crammed in there — at least if all the filming spoilers are accurate. Robin is back, August is back, the peddler arrives, plus the entire Ursula and Hook story. Am I missing anything?

Edited by retrograde

I like the idea of the peddler bringing the Jolly in a bottle.

I think Robin isn't actually Robin, because we know from later eps he's in NY. Must be a dream/hallucination/mindfrell sort of thing.

• Love 1

Hmm, I assumed the New York stuff in 4.17 was a flashback, because Gold is there. On the other hand, that episode also has fairyback Robin stuff... which would be a flashback within a flashback. Also, 4.16 had Regina still hanging out with the queens, and no sightings of Robin, so you may be right (though we just generally know very little about 4.16).

I dunno, I am not at all interested in Robin in Storybrooke with Regina, but I am kinda intrigued to see how he and the family get on in NYC and how Zelena factors into the whole thing (though I'm probably giving them way too much credit that it will all tie into the stuff with Walsh and 3B in general, when it may really just be a mess of plot holes and retcons).

Here are the BTS photos of Rumple from that New York shoot. It's hard to tell whether he's in his scruffy New York outfit, or the fancier dude he got when he returned to Storybrooke, but I think it's the former.

ETA: EF filming today. But flashback or present day...?

Edited by retrograde
dunno, I am not at all interested in Robin in Storybrooke with Regina, but I am kinda intrigued to see how he and the family get on in NYC and how Zelena factors into the whole thing (though I'm probably giving them way too much credit that it will all tie into the stuff with Walsh and 3B in general, when it may really just be a mess of plot holes and retcons).

Remember how Rumple was telling Ursula he needed to find two more people in NYC?  Robin is his third person and I'm pretty convinced that whatever we see with Robin and Rumple will be done in flashbacks.  

I actually wanna know what it is that he is having Robin retrieve from the store.  

I have nothing against Sean Maguire, he seems to be a lovely man and very nice and all, but his Robin has only one expression, the one we saw in the preview for 415.  I am not looking forward to that return.

• Love 4

ETA: EF filming today. But flashback or present day...?

There's someone on a white horse with a gold cape in the background. I don't pay enough attention to the horses to know who that could be, I just know Charming had a white horse, but that cape looks like something a woman would wear.

It has to be either Belle or Maleficent. The tweet mention the actresses playing both characters, so I guess they were there.

Tomorrow they are shooting in a ballroom in Vancouver

YVRShoots ‏@yvrshoots 19 hhace 19 horas

#OnceUponaTime filming in downtown #Vancouver on Wednesday, March 18. Inside Dancy Ballroom & Dance Studio on Hamilton in morning.#OUAT
110 retweets 118 favoritos

And, on Thursday they are shooting inside a place called the Orpheum Theatre:

#OnceUponATime filming inside the Orpheum on Thursday March 19. Details @yvrshoots

It's the first time they use this locations. Maybe they are shooting some kind of ball or a wedding (if Marian was Zelena all this time, Regina and Robin can get married and that way she would have her happy ending. This season is about it, isn't it?).

Edited by RadioGirl27

I know the finale is called Operation Mongoose, but stuff doesn't look half bad thus far and I saw they will be filming at the Orpheum Threate on Thursday.  The place from what I can remember (some 17 years ago) is really, really nice.  If I make abstraction of the Author bullshit, this stuff sort of looks kind of epic.

But This Show

It has to be either Belle or Maleficent. The tweet mention the actresses playing both characters, so I guess they were there.

I'd have said the opposite -- the tweet reads as if they weren't there, which is why she's sending them the photos.

I'd have said the opposite -- the tweet reads as if they weren't there, which is why she's sending them the photos.

That's what I took it as also. Perhaps she knows they are fans of cute animals.

Here are some photos of the theater:

http://www.vancouversymphony.ca/media-room/downloads/orpheum-theatre/

It's very beautiful, but what could they be filming there? I saw a theory on tumblr where someone thought Henry could have been watching a play, and fell asleep, and dreamed the whole show up. I don't see how that would work though, unless it was the series finale, and even then, No! Perhaps the author has become a playwright, and this is another step in tracking him down.

Edited by pezgirl7

What if whatever happened pulled some people back to the EF and others into the LwM.  They will need a lot of extras to fill the room.

Aren't they supposed to film at dance studios tomorrow as well?

And then next week the possible two day shooting at Stevetson.  They're a tad more than two weeks away wrapping up this season.  I suffer from withdrawals just thinking about it.

I know they usually CGI it, but could they be using the theater as a backdrop for a royal castle? Maybe if the scenes are especially long it makes more sense to use a real place.

I saw a theory on tumblr where someone thought Henry could have been watching a play, and fell asleep, and dreamed the whole show up. I don't see how that would work though, unless it was the series finale, and even then, No!

I actually wouldn't even mind if it turned out Henry had imagined everything. At least it would explain all the writing fails. Of course, then Henry would be a very disturbed individual, but you could argue he's already one, considering his nonchalance in regards to Regina's past hobbies.

Edited by FurryFury

I actually wouldn't even mind if it turned out Henry had imagined everything. At least it would explain all the writing fails. Of course, then Henry would be a very disturbed individual, but you could argue he's already one, considering his nonchalance in regards to Regina's past hobbies.

Replying in Speculation.

It's very beautiful, but what could they be filming there?

The Orpheum Theater started its life as one of those movie palaces when going to movies was a big thing back in the 20's. It is now largely used by the Symphony although it does host other events.  It was very nearly gutted and turned into a multi-plex in the 70s.

They could be filming a lot of things there (maybe they are doing the Gremlin thing and all the villians are going to go to a concert and get roasted). There is the theatre itself which has wonderful 20s architecture. Maybe we are back in New York and they are going to a Broadway Play? In the lobby, there are all sorts of dramatic red-carpted staircases (it is almost Hogwartian in that there seems to be staircases just for there to be staircases) and wonderful balconies. So, if they are filming there, it could be the interior of a castle or some kind of bizarro world (depending on where they film the staircases). The Granville entrance has a traditional box-office leading to an impressive set of stairs, but the side-entrance is very 80s in looking. It could be a lobby anywhere. Finally, there are all the back-stage areas which could be anywhere (TV schools always seem to have impressive backstage areas).

Here is hoping that we are checking back with Mariane and she has become the toast of Broadway and has just finished moving into her Central Park Penthouse appartment.

Edited by kili
  • Love 1

Doesn't seem like Colin and Sean were filming today, or at least had some free time, because Sean tweeted a pic of them celebrating St. Patrick's Day with green beer at a pub.

Doesn't seem like Colin and Sean were filming today, or at least had some free time, because Sean tweeted a pic of them celebrating St. Patrick's Day with green beer at a pub.

Well, the episode is called Operation Mongoose, so it's probably 35-40 minutes of Regina whining.

Being serious, I doubt that, apart from Regina and, probably, Emma, the rest of characters would have a big role.

• Love 2

People film at different locations.  They could have filmed stuff in the morning in studio.  It's also only 530 in BC.  They could have night scenes planned.  All that to say, we really don't know.

They do seem to have a pretty packed couple of days coming though.

Title notwithstanding, I am actually looking forward to the finale, what with dance studios and filming in Vancouver and the Orpheum and stuff like that.

Hmm...I was thinking about the theater and didn't even consider the lobby. If there are red steps especially, it could be used as a substitute for Radio City Music Hall in New York. Of course, my mind keeps going to the creepy theater scene on Mulholland Drive, which was a weird movie.

Maybe the new realm they're going to is … Broadway.

Zelena: "Who the hell is Elphaba?"

Set regular says Lana, Jared, and the Peddler on set today (park in Burnaby/EF apparently). Separate scene with the dwarves "dressed in all black." He says they were told the former scene had "huge spoiler" and Lana didn't want them to see her costume.

These spoilers are getting interesting.

Edited by KingOfHearts

So is Regina's happy ending a Snow White funeral or a Regina wedding?  Either would fit with this.

Why pick?  Why can't it be both?  The entertainment at the reception/ball could be Snow's funeral, or the funeral could be a wedding preshow.  It would be a wedderal.  or a funerdding.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 4

Regina and the dwarves together? I've been waiting for a scene like this. But Jared in the EF?

No the dwarves were a separate scene on their own, apparently.

Edited by retrograde
Set regular says Lana, Jared, and the Peddler on set today (park in Burnaby/EF apparently). Separate scene with the dwarves "dressed in all black." He says they were told the former scene had "huge spoiler" and Lana didn't want them to see her costume.

They are totally doing the heroes-villains switch. I bet the dwarves are Evil Snow's execution squad, or at least guards.

The Peddler is almost certainly the Author by this point, isn't he?

• Love 1