Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So Aurora's mom is Briar Rose?

So, Regina and Maleficent are going to crash their wedding? That would be funny, actually. They should just stand around snarking at everything.

Maleficent: "Seems King Stefan has a glittering assemblage. Royalty, nobility, the gentry..."

Regina (sees fairies): "And how quaint. Even the rabble."

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm one of those four! I've actually stopped watching live (I don't count anyways), and am actually falling behind on the eps. I still keep track on what happens but the whole Scarlet Beauty thing was a step too far for me.

I'm #5!! And I'm ticked off.

• Love 1

So Ursula goes after Hook and Maleficent seems to be going after David and the Jolly Roger seems to be back?  Where's the Canadian promo when you need it?  Funny thing, when I lived in Canada, I used to curse the Canadian promos because I wanted ABC's promo.  So ironic!

ETA - So I'm pretty convinced that Ariel will be saving Hook's life next week.  He and Ursula are not even in Storybrooke anymore.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

So Ursula goes after Hook and Maleficent seems to be going after David and the Jolly Roger seems to be back?  Where's the Canadian promo when you need it?  Funny thing, when I lived in Canada, I used to curse the Canadian promos because I wanted ABC's promo.  So ironic!

Yeah I came here for the Canadian promo to see more of Ursula haha

There was no Canadian promo this week (and it's the ONLY week this season where my CTV feed took over the ABC feed so I didn't even get to see the American promo)

I wonder if there's some kind of alternate reality thing going on, because wasn't there also a shot of Storybrooke Regina with Robin? If Robin's suddenly in Storybrooke (when it doesn't seem, according to other spoilers, that he's really back until later) and the Jolly Roger is back, it kind of looks like there's at least the illusion that some villains/former villains are getting something they'd wish for. So maybe the Jolly Roger isn't really back but somehow Ursula is tricking Hook into thinking it as a way of torturing him? I don't know. It just seems like it should be a much bigger deal for the Jolly Roger to be back, and why would Ursula bring him the one thing he would really like to have? It's not like she'd be giving him gifts. Then again, given the smarts we've seen of these villains so far, she'd bring it just to taunt him with it, without considering that this brings it closer to him where he might be able to take it back, and even if he can't have it now, at least now Blackbeard couldn't have it, which for him would be almost as good.

• Love 1
How does the ship get to Storybrooke I wonder?

I don't know, she's like Lassie and senses that its real captain is in danger and shows up?  I've got nothing.  I'm sort of hoping that it's not the cannery in the background and some building in the Enchanted Forest or something.

Hook has the conk in his hand, so he probably summons Ursula which is the way Ariel was also summoned by Regina in 306.  Mermaids can clearly hear the call from different realms.  Anyway, looks like a free for all next week.  Seems like each witch is messing with someone.  Ursula has Hook, Maleficent has David and Regina is clearly not making out with Robin.  Sucks, Regina, someone impersonating your boyfriend, doesn't it.

• Love 2

Okay - at this point the spoiler pics of Emma and Killian saying goodbye and reuniting after Emma & Regina's "road trip" are the only things keeping me going with this dumb show. Someone please reassure me that Rumple doesn't have Killian stashed away somewhere and it's not Rumple impersonating Killian for the rest of the season. Because Regina will tell them Rumple is back and has the dagger, right? So everyone will know he impersonated Killian, right? Right???

No, he doesn't.  Like someone said in the episode thread, the pirate oath (or second base) was basically signaling that was the end of Rumple impersonating Hook.  They will never talk about the dagger again.  That's likely until they find out that Rumple is back and Belle asks Hook if the dagger is safe or he just shows up wtih the dagger because he is a MoFo that way.  Rumple is so beyond redemption at this point.

• Love 4

It just seems like it should be a much bigger deal for the Jolly Roger to be back

Ha. You saw "The Apprentice" right? The man got his hand back and lost it in the same episode and no one even blinked. Why would the Jolly Roger's return register anything other than a meh? 

• Love 7

So it will be Ariel who saves Hook next week, not Emma, right?

Obviously. We can't have his girlfriend showing any concern when he's actually in trouble. Maybe if Hook starts taking shots and burning cars with the Queens of Darkness it might ping Emma's radar.

• Love 3

Are we sure the Jolly Roger isn't a dream sequence from Hook's guilt? 

There's was also that shot of Regina kissing Robin, and Snow poofing away from Charming. I wonder whether the QoD are messing with people's minds somehow.

Edited by Rumsy4

So it will be Ariel who saves Hook next week, not Emma, right?

I think it's some kind of dream or illusion. But, if it's not and it's real, the odds are: Ariel 99%, some random Storybrooke citizen, 1%, Emma 0%.

• Love 2

So going back a bit, does anyone remember when Jen and Colin filmed those scenes on the dock at night? Remember how it looked to us like she was hugging Hook but he was hesitating? I'm wondering if there's something to that -- is this dream sequence something that carries over to the next two episodes or could Rumple be impersonating Hook in a later episode too? I wouldn't mind it to see Colin's awesome acting but I would mind it because seriously, show, that would be taking it a bit too far.

• Love 1
So going back a bit, does anyone remember when Jen and Colin filmed those scenes on the dock at night? Remember how it looked to us like she was hugging Hook but he was hesitating?

I don't know if he hesitated as much as the way Emma came at him.  It's like she just threw herself in his arms and he seemed sort of shocked.  The interpretation is a bit iffy anyway since we have no clue what the dialogue is.  The same episode has Emma with Hook and her parents and Henry in the woods at night.  

I think the whole Hook is really Rumple plot is done after last night.  Regina knows he is back and knows he has the dagger, so it's only a matter of time before everyone else finds out and Rumple is out of the shadows and Belle realizes the deception she has been a victim of.

• Love 1
You mean because it would be the EXACT same plot and scene as 4x11?

No, no, it was TOTALLY different! THAT was really Hook with Rumple pretending to be Hook and kissing Emma. THIS would be really Rumple pretending to be Hook and hugging Emma. See, a totally different scenario.

But really, looking back at the episode last night, I'm not hopeful of anything new being done with Hook for the next few episodes. Rumple-as-Hook was done in 4x11 and this episode. Hook being drowned by a villain was done in 3x20 and looks like it will happen again next episode. And then there are the photos and video of Hook hesitating when Emma hugs him, which means something wonky is going on there. Either Hook isn't Hook or perhaps Rumple is doing something "original" and shape shifting into Emma instead. Ugh. Thank the TV gods that Colin is such a good actor and somehow making this Rumple-as-Hook thing work.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

Sarah Bolger is credited for 4x15 on imdb. Maybe we'll see her more next week since the trailer barely shows Cruella...

4x15 is yesterday episode, at least for previously and imdb because they consider 4x08 part 1 and 2 as 4x08 and 4x09.

It's clearly not like this for A&E and I'd like everyone took it in account. I mean, the guys twit the scripts with the episode number!!!

I'm expecting Ariel to be a blip on the radar just like Aurora was yesterday and I don't even care about Aurora.  On the one hand, I sort of like how they fit the whole Aurora under the sleeping curse and how Maleficent was now going after Philip to eliminate the TLK, on the other hand, this show.

I read that farfaraway has closed down, so I won't be getting my BTS fix.  Such a bummer.

The press release is out!

Once Upon a Time: Poor Unfortunate Soul (3/22)

HOOK AND URSULA’S HISTORY IS REVEALED, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Kristin Bauer van Straten (“True Blood”), Merrin Dungey (“Revenge”),Victoria Smurfit (“Dracula”) Guest Star

“Poor Unfortunate Soul” – Hook leverages his complicated history with Ursula to find out what she knows about Gold’s endgame. Gold and the Queens of Darkness torture August for information about the Author as Emma, Mary Margaret and David race to find them. Regina grows concerned for Robin Hood’s safety while she struggles to maintain her cover with the villains. In a Fairy Tale Land flashback, when a restless young Ursula enlists Hook’s help to run away from home, she soon learns it isn’t wise to trust a pirate, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MARCH 22 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Eion Bailey as August, Merrin Dungey as Ursula, Victoria Smurfit as Cruella De Vil, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Christopher Gauthier as William Smee, JoAnna Garcia Swisher as Ariel, Ernie Hudson as Poseidon, Tiffany Boone as Young Ursula and Kristin Bauer van Straten as Maleficent.

”Poor Unfortunate Soul” was written by Andrew Chambliss and Dana Horgan and directed by Steve Pearlman.

Looking forward to seeing Hook in flashback and looking forward to Ernie Hudson. I do wonder why not helping Ursula run away from home is worse than breaking her heart. Did turning her in lead to her being banished, which made her evil? If last night was any indication, Colin is going to be the highlight of this episode too.

Hook actually throws himself in Ursula's path to find out what's going on. I'm down with that.

Any bets on whether or not Emma even notices he's putting himself in danger with one of the Queens of Darkness? Or will she be too busy freaking out because the text she sent Regina still says "delivered" instead of "read?"

• Love 5

Why would a goddess need a pirate's help to run away from home?

Because she's unhappy and young and foolish.  Maybe she leads a sheltered life.  Ariel in the cartoon was not allowed to go to the surface, her father used to freak out at her.  She puts her trust in the wrong person. 

I'm looking forward to pirate Hook.  I've missed him and his asshat self.

Any bets on whether or not Emma even notices he's putting himself in danger with one of the Queens of Darkness? Or will she be too busy freaking out because the text she sent Regina still says "delivered" instead of "read?"

Maybe she already knows of his plans.  I think she will know what he has done to Ursula before we do.  I know we should be keeping our expectations at a minimum, but I feel like this is redemption time for the writers.  If she knows what he's up to, then she would be more inclined to be worried about him.  If she's kept in the dark, then it's a whole another thing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I'm guessing Ariel and Poseidon are going to get as much screen time as Stefan and Aurora did... sigh.

Not necessarily. Ernie Hudson is no Joanna Garcia. He's a big name. He'll have more screen time than that.

Not necessarily. Ernie Hudson is no Joanna Garcia. He's a big name. He'll have more screen time than that.

So he's big enough to have a longer part but not big enough to make ABC's promo?

I do wonder why not helping Ursula run away from home is worse than breaking her heart.

If Ursula is going to be the "Ariel" character from the Little Mermaid, to me, that would mean Poseidon is Triton and Hook would be in Ursula's role. That would mean Hook agrees to help Ursula only to capture her and use her to make a deal with Poseidon. "Your life, for hers." He sacrifices himself for his daughter, Hook releases her back to the sea.

I can even see Hook go, "Well love, you wanted to run away from your father...with him now gone you can stay home."

Ah, lovely, they're not even promoting Colin/Hook in the supposed Hook centric. All villains, all the time continues. I'm pretty sure the Hook parts will amount to not much at all.

• Love 1

So the look they went for with Poseidon was that of a Roman general?  The trident looks very NOT imposing or threatening anything like that.  Kinda looks lame, so I'm hoping it looks better on screen.  And again, is that the Jolly Roger he is standing on?  

Maybe Poseidon and Hook made a deal that screwed Ursula over.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Maybe Poseidon and Hook made a deal that screwed Ursula over.

Maybe Ursula thinks Hook is giving her a way out, but he's really working for Poseidon to give Ursula a reason to stay. Then Ursula finds out, and it all goes awry.

I'm really not excited about watching August sit tied-up and tortured a whole episode... isn't there some magic truth serum somewhere?

Edited by KingOfHearts