Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

“As we’ve established before, Regina [Lana Parrilla] spent a long time without her heart and it didn’t stop her from loving Henry [Jared Gilmore] or Robin Hood [sean Maguire]. Hook doesn’t cease being Hook and doesn’t cease having the feelings that he has for Emma. He’s just blackmailed into a circumstance where Gold can, at any moment, control him. He hates having this secret from Emma and he doesn’t know what it means in the long run, what she would do if she found out this secret.”

So he is getting the Regina treatment and he can feel love without the heart. That way it can be a TLK (something I really doubt).

Sadly, it won’t be long before Rumple puts Hook to use. “He uses Hook as a hit man to get [other magical beings],” O’Donoghue says. “He really doesn’t want to have to do that, and it’s killing him to have to pretend to Emma that everything is okay. Hook does some things that he really doesn’t want to and wishes that he didn’t have to. He’s remorseful for that, but he has no choice.”

There aren't that many magical beings in Storybrooke, so bye bye Blue?

Anyway, if he survives, his 4B story arc is pretty clear: more self-loathe and puppy eyes, while the Charmings and everyone in Storybrooke hates him. I'm so excited :-(

Unless he "dies" saving them. So we will only have the self-loathe and the puppy eyes while the Charmings try to convince him that he is a good person. Again, "so exciting".

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
But, he's going to get killed. But...and this is where Hook gets his delicious payback at Rumple...him not having a heart somehow saves him. Some kind of Harry Potter-like technicality means that his heart tethers him to life. So, ultimately, he dies, but he's not permanently dead.

That's my guess, as well, that he gets killed or mortally wounded, but his heart being elsewhere and still beating means he's not totally dead, and if his injuries are magically healed or even just patched up and his heart is reinserted, he can be saved. So Rumple keeping him around to use as an errand boy so he'll suffer more will end up backfiring on him (per the Evil Overlord List, Dying is not too good for my enemies).

I hate this heart-control with a passion. This shows treats taking away people's memories and agencies way too lightly. In this half-season alone, we've had two of these per episode. And this is the second time Rumple has pulled a big one over Hook. If Rumple uses Hook to "Hat" people left and right, this is as bad as the situation Regina put Graham in. The writers will never resolve it properly, and this is all making me so mad. 

• Love 2

His 'dying' but not being sincerely dead[/princess bride] would have the side benefit of leading to the exposure that Rumple took his heart and is controlling him. That's going to have to be exposed at some point.

Didn't Regina do some spell to protect her heart from Zelena or something last season?  I'm sure they can come up with someone when he tries to crush his heart and it doesn't work.  Then they can just go "Acio Hook's heart."

I know wrong show.

The spell Regina did was so her heart wouldn't be controlled. It could still be crushed, I think.

Oh yeah capturing Blue would make sense. The fairies are really the only other naturally magic people in the town aren't they?

Only on this show could this be a 100% legitimate episode description:

As the Snow Queen's shattered sight spell makes its way towards Storybrooke in an evil scheme to get every resident to only see the darkness in each other and turn on one another to fulfill the prophecy that will bind Emma and Elsa as her sisters, Hook - unbeknownst to Emma - is working as a hit man for Rumplestilskin, who forces the pirate to go on a mission to the convent to suck every nun into the Sorcerer's hat, but he will find it a more difficult task than expected when the Blue Fairy tries to protect her fairy sisters, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

(And yes, that is purposely one long run-on sentence.)

ETA: THIS IS FAKE GUYS. I was making fun of their ridiculous episode descriptions!

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4
So we will only have the self-loathe and the puppy eyes while the Charmings try to convince him that he is a good person.

Colin does angst so well and his puppy eyes are adorable, so I think I could live with this. :-) It would be nice to get a genuine smile out of Hook every so often, one where his eyes aren't still sad, where he looks truly happy for a moment (before the universe smacks him down yet again).

Only on this show could this be a 100% legitimate episode description:

As the Snow Queen's shattered sight spell makes its way towards Storybrooke in an evil scheme to get every resident to only see the darkness in each other and turn on one another to fulfill the prophecy that will bind Emma and Elsa as her sisters, Hook - unbeknownst to Emma - is working as a hit man for Rumplestilskin, who forces the pirate to go on a mission to the convent to suck every nun into the Sorcerer's hat, but he will find it a more difficult task than expected when the Blue Fairy tries to protect her fairy sisters, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

(And yes, that is purposely one long run-on sentence.)

HOW DARE YOU LEAVE REGINA OUT OF THE EPISODE DESCRIPTION?? I'M GOING TO HARASS YOU ON TWITTER!

;)

• Love 3

Why is the phrase, "Once again, he wasn't who he said he was and I got my heart broken" rattling around in my head?

I get where you're coming from, but according to JMo and from what we've seen yesterday, she knows something is off with him. 

I guess what comes to my mind is the one from S2 when Hook is in the hospital and her that Belle is where Rumple keeps his heart.  That's the thing that popped in my mind while I was watching last night.

The fairies are really the only other naturally magic people in the town aren't they?

I thought they didn't have any magic without wands and fairy dust? Also why can't Rumple just go around and shave Snow, Charming, Cinderella and her hubby and Auorora/Phillip's heads and throw their hair into the hat to power it up? Technically Snow and Charming's luscious locks are powering all the magic in Storybrook anyway right.

I hate this heart-control with a passion. This shows treats taking away people's memories and agencies way too lightly. In this half-season alone, we've had two of these per episode. And this is the second time Rumple has pulled a big one over Hook. If Rumple uses Hook to "Hat" people left and right, this is as bad as the situation Regina put Graham in. The writers will never resolve it properly, and this is all making me so mad.

Well, the other problem with the heart-ripping is that they change the rules of it willy nilly to suit the plot. So it's really meaningless now, because the consequences will just be "whatever the writers do or don't want to happen." There's no consistency.

• Love 2

I wonder if Rumple actually needs a lot of extra power in the hat to make the spell work, or if this is another case of a villain sabotaging himself by not knowing when to stop. Would he be able to free himself from the dagger using the hat as it is now plus Hook's heart, but he just wants to soup the hat up as much as possible before he uses it, or does he actually need to suck up all the fairies, plus Emma and Elsa and maybe even Regina and Ingrid to make it work?

I think he just wants revenge on the fairies because he hates them so much, so he'll take as many as he wants.  It was clear last night that he would have just needed Emma's powers, but then, she has innate magic and she's extremely powerful, so who knows.

Did Rumple even need Emma's powers? Ingrid was furious that he was going to take them, so she seemed to think that all he needed to do the spell was Hook's heart, which was a win-win for her -- she got her ribbons back and got Emma's boyfriend out of the way. But Rumple doesn't know when to stop and wanted to make sure he had All The Power, so he was going to take Emma's power and now wants to take the fairies' power when he could have just killed Hook and been free. And the delay plus leaving Hook around for a while means they'll have a chance to foil the plan and he'll end up with nothing.

Really, they just need to incapacitate Hook. If he's tied up (again) or knocked out, having his heart won't do Rumple any good. So if the fairies zap him and figure out what's up (surely Blue can notice a missing heart), Rumple loses a tool and then his plan will be foiled.

Any scoop on Once Upon a Time’s Belle? –Natalie

With husband Rumplestiltskin treading ever deeper into morally murky waters, series cocreator Adam Horowitz says that Belle’s “strength and heroism play a key part in the fall finale” airing Dec. 14. The EP also says to expect a flashback to “another bit of her time in the dark castle with Rumple.”

That's Adam-speak for "Belle has a scene or two in the fall finale."

• Love 4

Maybe Belle keeps the library books organized with such an incomprehensible ordering system to prevent everyone from realizing her special "research" skills could be accomplished by any other person in town with basic literacy skills.

• Love 5

Maybe Belle keeps the library books organized with such an incomprehensible ordering system to prevent everyone from realizing her special "research" skills could be accomplished by any other person in town with basic literacy skills.

None of these people are exactly Mensa material. I'm pretty sure 98% of them could be outwitted by a moderately intelligent parakeet. And out researched by a smart cockatoo.

Belle's just got the world's earliest case of preggy brain. Keeping her busy taking care of Snowflake in OffScreen-brooke is one of those "Are You Mrs. Gold?"-level plot anvils.

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 2

That's Adam-speak for "Belle has a scene or two in the fall finale."

I'm actually hoping that Belle is the one who finds Hook's heart and restores it.  It would be a nice full circle moment for them.  But, I won't hold my breath.

• Love 3

Yeah, Rumple's already in over his head. He is far past treading murky waters. The whole Milah comment and parallel officially sealed his evil status for me. Cruel, cruel, cruel.

Not gonna judge the whole heartless status until I see it. The only thing I would be skeptical on is if CS had a true loves kiss when Killy doesn't have his heart. That would earn Killy Regina status. Otherwise, him still having feelings and loving his Swan is acceptable to me (he'll just have a slightly hollow feeling inside). Snowing managed to pretty much fall in love all over again and had all their emotional angst stuff throughout season 1, and they didn't have their hearts. Although that could be partially chalked up to the curse being slowly broken?

The Belle stuff....hmmm...I don't know what to think.

With Killy collecting all the magical people he gets to feel more guilt and shame. Also, it probably means a bunch of people are now going to hold grudges against him. Yay. Joy. Yipee. Zip-a-dee doo dah.

I wonder if that's where Maleficent and Cruella factor in? Do they get sucked into the hat/released from it???

But Rumple doesn't know when to stop and wanted to make sure he had All The Power, so he was going to take Emma's power and now wants to take the fairies' power when he could have just killed Hook and been free.

The Snow Queen really had his number:

Snow Queen: You want, in short, what all villains want.

Rumple: And what's that?[

Snow Queen: Everything.

He is going to over-reach and that will be his downfall. Evil Overloads always have problems with that one.

Really, they just need to incapacitate Hook. If he's tied up (again) or knocked out, having his heart won't do Rumple any good. So if the fairies zap him and figure out what's up (surely Blue can notice a missing heart), Rumple loses a tool and then his plan will be foiled.

Or it will just speed up his killing of Hook.  Rumple doesn't actually need Hook as a tool. He can easily pop out in front of somebody and hat them. Hook is actually more likely to mess things up because he's a reluctant ally - Hook may have to do what he's forced to do, but he does not have to do it well (I'll just stuff this huge box in my skinny jacket - that's not obvious at all).  He can do just as he's told and not adapt well to changing situations. Plus, he can easily be caught.

Rumple is again showing his greed here. He can't resist toying with Hook before killing him. He's acting like a cat with a mouse (hey, he is the "Cat in the Hat"!). He gets to force his arch-enemy to do whatever he wants and to ruin his reputation in the meanwhile. People will probably thank him for finally killing Hook by the time he's done with him.

• Love 2

I've been waiting for an episode synopsis all day and then I realized we have a two week break :(

Wild speculation ahead: So if they did a Bizarro OUaT in 4B where Regina got her happy ending with Robin, and if the three female villains spoiler is true, I wonder if the Red Queen is the other villain? If Regina ends up with Robin I assume it won't change Will and Ana's EF backstory too much. Regina would live her life on the run from that evil Leopold with the Merry Men and Will would still steal from Maleficent (who I'm guessing is going to be every bit as nasty as the Evil Queen was and we won't get the awesome self-aware Maleficent from 1.2. Boo). Ella's story probably wouldn't change because that had nothing to do with Regina, so Ana and Will would still go to Wonderland, but maybe Cora not leaving Wonderland with Hook would change something? If Regina never sent Hook to kill Cora, then Cora might still be running Wonderland, but I can't see her just sitting around and letting Regina reject power and live a life as the mistress of an outlaw. Maybe Cruella is just a one off villain and Cora, Maleficent, and Ana are the three villains in 4B.

I'm not sure I want Bizarro OUaT. It would be cool for an episode a la Buffy's The Wish, but not for a whole half season arc. I do think they're going to do some sort of reset though. I don't think the writers can resist.

• Love 2

People will probably thank him for finally killing Hook by the time he's done with him.

This will forever bug me.  Hook is not exactly a choir child and he can be a complete asshat coupled with jerk but from the moment he came back and took everyone to Neverland, people should at least sort of ease up on him and not feel like they should throw a party because the guy is dead.  Yeah, this half season, he's holding the idiot ball, but fuck if he doesn't deserve a break from everyone.

I'm actually hoping that Belle is the one who finds Hook's heart and restores it.  It would be a nice full circle moment for them.  But, I won't hold my breath.

I think she'll be instrumental but I don't think she'll be the one to restore it.  But hey, she'll get to see her Rumple in all his evil glory and I wouldn't even be surprised if he tried using the hat in 411 on his own.  Everyone should know everything by the time that episode rolls around, at least I hope so.

(surely Blue can notice a missing heart)

She should and that might be the very reason Hook is nowhere near those reunion scenes. 

Video Interview with Lana:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, if it has, forgive me. If you haven't seen it, all you need to know is Regina is back in her Evil Queen outfit in present day Storybrooke. I believe it has something to do with the Shattered Sight spell.

Edited by KingOfHearts
I'm actually hoping that Belle is the one who finds Hook's heart and restores it.  It would be a nice full circle moment for them.

I would like her to be involved because it would go a long way toward redeeming her in my eyes if she got her head out of Rumple's butt long enough to realize that maybe he doesn't have such a great heart and maybe he did actually wrong Hook. She's the one who could validate what Hook told Emma (if that message wasn't deleted) and who may have access to some of the tools they need. But I would prefer it to be a team effort, like her, Emma and Elsa working together, and ultimately it needs to be Emma who actually saves him.

Rumple doesn't actually need Hook as a tool. He can easily pop out in front of somebody and hat them. Hook is actually more likely to mess things up because he's a reluctant ally - Hook may have to do what he's forced to do, but he does not have to do it well (I'll just stuff this huge box in my skinny jacket - that's not obvious at all).  He can do just as he's told and not adapt well to changing situations. Plus, he can easily be caught.

That's why sending Hook to hat the fairies is a bad idea. If he has the hat with him, they can zap him so that he's physically incapable of doing anything, and then they have the hat. I would hope they would figure out that he's missing a heart. This may even be where the shattered sight spell might actually help, if making them see the worst makes them take down Hook and incapacitate him because they don't trust a pirate (I doubt they'd kill him, even if they thought the worst). So Rumple foils himself by getting greedy with the power and by forcing Hook to help, just to torture him.

Any word on guest cast? I don't suppose Tink is there with the fairies. Nova is off being a sociopath fighting for good on behalf of an intelligent supercomputer, so I doubt we'll see her.

I'm actually hoping that Belle is the one who finds Hook's heart and restores it.  It would be a nice full circle moment for them.

I would like her to be involved because it would go a long way toward redeeming her in my eyes if she got her head out of Rumple's butt long enough to realize that maybe he doesn't have such a great heart and maybe he did actually wrong Hook.

Please, Belle's act of "heroism" will be her telling Rumple how "good" he is and that stops him from committing yet another heinous act against someone. The fact that there is a flashback of Belle in Rumple's castle pretty much confirms it, as it has to parallel something.

There is no way she'll get angry at him about the dagger or trying to sap Emma of her magic or taking Hook's heart (though I don't blame her on that one) either.

Edited by Geeni

If you haven't seen it, all you need to know is Regina is back in her Evil Queen outfit in present day Storybrooke. I believe it has something to do with the Shattered Sight spell.

Or Regina and Robin are doing some, ahem, role playing.  You know since Regina trying to murder his wife gets him all hot and reminds him of who he used to be before he reformed.

Maybe Belle keeps the library books organized with such an incomprehensible ordering system to prevent everyone from realizing her special "research" skills could be accomplished by any other person in town with basic literacy skills

You just now noticed that Belle has replaced Dewey Decimal system with the Huey, Dewey, and Louie Decimal system that kicks of 4B with a very special Scrooge McDuck Christmas special?

• Love 7
Please, Belle's act of "heroism" will be her telling Rumple how "good" he is and that stops him from committing yet another heinous act against someone.

That's what I'm afraid of, that she'll pull him back from the brink with the force of her love, and the fact that she was able to pull him back will be proof of what a good heart he has.

You know what else is proof of a good heart? Not coming up with a plot to gain "world domination" level power that requires murdering multiple people. I mean, if you get to the point where someone even needs to pull you back from the brink of sucking someone's life essence away and then crushing someone's heart, how good can your heart really be?

• Love 3

That's why sending Hook to hat the fairies is a bad idea. If he has the hat with him, they can zap him so that he's physically incapable of doing anything, and then they have the hat. I would hope they would figure out that he's missing a heart. This may even be where the shattered sight spell might actually help, if making them see the worst makes them take down Hook and incapacitate him because they don't trust a pirate (I doubt they'd kill him, even if they thought the worst). So Rumple foils himself by getting greedy with the power and by forcing Hook to help, just to torture him.

Any word on guest cast? I don't suppose Tink is there with the fairies. Nova is off being a sociopath fighting for good on behalf of an intelligent supercomputer, so I doubt we'll see her.

If this is in reference to the "episode description" on the previous page that I posted... I apologize, that was a totally sarcastic write up! We have no idea if the fairies are in the next episode. (Perhaps I should have made the situation sound even more ridiculous than sucking nuns into a hat or should have made that sentence an even longer run-on that breaks all of the rules of grammar.) But I do like your analysis of the hypothetical situation! :)

That's what I'm afraid of, that she'll pull him back from the brink with the force of her love, and the fact that she was able to pull him back will be proof of what a good heart he has.

I'm not convinced it's going to go that way this time.

From the writers' perspective, Belle's story has nothing to do with Belle - it has to do with Rumpel - so, unlike S2 and S3, Belle reinforcing him doesn't fit the story they're telling about him right now. There's no sign they want to pull him back from the brink, at least not with the current crop of spoilers.

I think it's more likely that Belle is going to find out about the lies and the dagger and everything else just about the time she finds out she's carrying the Spawn of Gold, and gets the hell out of Dodge. The Contrivance Fairy will make sure she can leave and he can't. And then he'll be back at square one, with a kid out there in the Land Without Magic and no easy way to get to it, setting off his next, and probably final, journey.

Since they don't care about writing relationship stories that involve the people involved in the relationship being around each other or talking, it's also an easy way to move Belle out of the picture, without killing her off and without having to do another pregnancy story - and to move Emilie from regular to recurrent next season. That gives them more space to play with whatever shiny new toys catch their fancy for S5. With Neal dead, the only way I see them ending Rumpel's story is with Belle TLK-ing him back to a state of grace in the moments before his death in the series finale.

Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, but I think it would be a lot kinder to those of us in the audience that genuinely like Belle as a character and de Ravin as a actress (and we do exist), to just write her off until that moment when she's needed to fulfill her character's assigned task.

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 3

Isn't awfully convenient that the person who's heart Rumple needs is Emma's boyfriend? I'm sure Ingrid wants remove the person who loves Emma the most and by having Rumple do the dirty work it keeps Hook out of the picture and distracts Rumple. Perhaps we'll see Ingrid was lying to Rumple.

• Love 1

I think it's more likely that Belle is going to find out about the lies and the dagger and everything else just about the time she finds out she's carrying the Spawn of Gold, and gets the hell out of Dodge. The Contrivance Fairy will make sure she can leave and he can't. And then he'll be back at square one, with a kid out there in the Land Without Magic and no easy way to get to it, setting off his next, and probably final, journey.

There is NO WAY the writers are going to get rid of Belle only because of the (baffling) popularity of Rumbelle and they know they will be attacked all over the place and on Twitter. Which is why they'll have Belle quickly forgive Rumple for everything he did this season, justify it with that "good heart" crap, and then remain as his stupid, battered doormat of a wife. Probably pregnant, too, and the cycle of emotional abuse will continue as always.

I adore Emilie de Ravin as an actress, and frankly that is why I dislike Belle and how and she is not being used correctly. I WISH they would write her off so she would be free to pursue better projects.

I'm not even convinced that this Rumple-is-a-straight-up-villain arc will last past 4A. They'll resume his next "redemption" arc in 4B probably. 

Perhaps we'll see Ingrid was lying to Rumple.

I'm not sure Ingrid is that stupid to do so. Surely she is aware of what happens when you cross the Dark One.

Edited by Geeni

Ingrid threatened to use Rumple's bones as decorations. She has been threatening him when she tells him to not underestimate her. She tried to thwart his plan of sucking Emma into the hat. She doesn't seem to be scared of him in the least. She even thinks she can become more powerful than him. So yeah...she could totally have lied to him or manipulated the truth because that's what she does.

I'm assuming we won't be getting anything in the form of spoilers for next week?

• Love 2

Yeah I don't think Ingrid was bluffing one bit when she said the 3 Blondies' powers could take on Rumple. And considering Rumple backed off, he had to have considered that a real threat. I think you could see it in his face that he realized that giving Ingrid those ribbons was a misstep on his part. I love it that she's his first real equal rival.

But why didn't Rumple hat her when he had the chance? I would pay for a scene where she rubs it in his face that she got to land with no magic so easily and he was stuck in a curse for 28 years.

We're getting Ingrid/teen Emma flashback in Ep. 10 right? It seems superfluous at this point. That relationship flashback should've been in ep.5 instead of the useless dreck we got. I'm going to guess that we're only getting it this late in the game because Ingrid really did love Emma and she'll break her own spell by sacrificing herself. Otherwise I want Anna/Elsa, or Anna/Kristoff. The other possibilities suck.

• Love 6
We're getting Ingrid/teen Emma flashback in Ep. 10 right? It seems superfluous at this point. That relationship flashback should've been in ep.5 instead of the useless dreck we got. I'm going to guess that we're only getting it this late in the game because Ingrid really did love Emma and she'll break her own spell by sacrificing herself.

If the Snow Queen does sacrifice herself to save Emma and/or Elsa, I'm hoping that Emma and Elsa regain their memories that the Snow Queen took from them after she "dies". Clearly, Emma and Elsa are important to the Snow Queen, she cares for them in her psycho/twisted/holy crap she's crazy kind of way, and apparently she was significant to Emma herself when she was younger. I think it would have more impact to the arc if they (or Emma at the least) could remember that, rather than just "Welp, the Snow Queen is gone. Drinks at Granny's?" 

Of course, I realize I'm asking for the writers to consider consequences and emotional repercussions, so I know it won't happen. 

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 9

I think the spoilers say that the Snow Queen tried to literally throw Emma under a bus though, so that could be problematic in terms of happy memories. They have had Emma state that no one is dying and Elsa doesn't want her dead either, so I'm hopeful that crazy Ingrid doesn't die. She hasn't even killed anyone other than an evil kidnapper and her sister both cases being accidental. When they kill off villains like Ingrid and Zelena and say they deserve it, I get very upset that Regina and Rumpel get to run around scot free after all of the misery and suffering and death they've inspired. How come Zelena and Ingrid don't get to make "mistakes" (Robin I don't think that word means what you think it means) and get a happy ending?

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 5
I think the spoilers say that the Snow Queen tried to literally throw Emma under a bus though, so that could be problematic in terms of happy memories.

Well then...I had not seen that spoiler. Oh well, there goes that notion. I'm mostly really tired of ridiculous memory spells where people don't remember crap so ultimately the fact that it even happened is meaningless. It's annoying....this show wastes enough screen time as it is, memory curse contrivances not withstanding.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 3

Has anyone seen Robert Carlyle filming recently? I know he usually takes an extended holiday break and I'm wondering how they solve a problem like Rumpelstilskin because if he's going to act worse than he did in the last episode (and trying to kill Emma is pretty much guaranteed to piss off a ton of people in town), how can they ever allow him to run around town free? Don't they have to put a stop to him somehow? No act of redemption outside of killing himself again is going to fly. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1