Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

When everyone finds out about Marian actually being Zelena in disguise, I bet Regina piles on more guilt on top of Emma for bringing her crazy sister back to Storybrooke (ignoring the fact that leaving Zelena in the EF would have been stupid thing to do, considering she wanted to change the course of history). So, Emma's stockholm syndrome kicks into hyperdrive, and she sacrifices herself for Regina's sake in order to correct the terrible things she has done to ruin Regina's Happy Ending. 

I want to know why Regina is the one being sucked into the whirlpool thingy in the first place. Is it because she is the one who corrects whatever the Author did to mess up things, and Rumple wants to punish her? Because lbr, this is supposed to be Regina's arc. so, it won't end without her doing something huge to save the day.

I must have been really peeved when I was bitching about Regina needing to be shot if she whines rather than just slapped because it seems to have triggered a 3.3 earthquake with an epicenter just down the street from me. And I thought I was just shaking with rage as I posted.

This is all enough to make you want to stage an armed incursion of the writers' offices and take hostages.*

*Not a serious threat. Hi, NSA guys!

• Love 4

Agnes Bruckner posted this on Instagram 20 minutes ago.

https://instagram.com/p/0_ocJjKpIT/

Just got to my trailer for my last day this season on #OnceUponATime and I'm greeted with these dope gifts! Thank you #OnceFamily I am so honored to be apart of this amazing family! #Love #Warrior #iLoveMyJob #Blessed #Grateful #Appreciation

I do wonder if Rumple has freed himself from the dagger and the Dark One energy or whatever is free-floating around Storybrooke. Maybe it attacks Regina because, well, it's tired of her whining. I understand the Dark One energy's desire there. Maybe they're trying to find something that will neutralize the Dark One energy, but they fail. So Emma holds up the dagger for it to go back into. Maybe that puts her name on it, or maybe her name is already on it for whatever nefarious Rumple reason -- she just wasn't the Dark One yet because the energy was free-floating around Storybrooke. But now she is because she accepted the power back into it. I don't know why she disappeared then. Because reasons.

Hell, maybe she was so worried about what she might do to her loved ones as the Dark One that she purposefully poofed herself away. (Though in that case one would think she'd take the dagger with her instead of leaving it behind, so that spec probably doesn't make sense.)

I also noticed that wording. I side-eyed it, since I had been hoping we'd be done with Lily, too. Really, do we need any more main or recurring characters? (The answer is NO.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I also noticed that wording. I side-eyed it, since I had been hoping we'd be done with Lily, too. Really, do we need any more main or recurring characters? (The answer is NO.)

I"m fine with new reoccurring characters as opposed to infinite guest cameos if they actually utilize them. (Hint: Not like they've treated Will.) I doubt Lily is staying though, since Maleficent is most likely going to live with her and help take care of her child.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It's odd, though, that Mal hasn't been spotted in awhile, but Lily is in the last day with the main cast. (Set regulars seem to think that next Tuesday & Wednesday filming will be akin to the tease with Elsa, since the main cast's wrap day is today. Monday is a Bank Holiday, so no filming.)

No we do NOT! Baby (Emma) needs a new apartment!

• Love 3
(edited)

And yet August gets to stay in some random mansion.....

I think August is staying at the convent, with nuns or shady fairies, depending on how you look at it. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun. What does sound like fun for Emma is staying on the Jolly Roger. If the boat's a rockin'...

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 5

I completely hate how Regina goes to hug Robin while Emma saves her. Also, CS forehead touching is already giving me feels.

I like this longer video. You can actually hear Colin shouting in anguish, sobs. Seriously I will need rum. Forehead touches are better than kisses sometimes. It appears they talk briefly in that scene. I have a great need for one of them to say 'I will find you' or 'come find me' something to parallel Snowings separation.
  • Love 1

I'm digging the filming spoilers from yesterday. I'd love to see the action head to a different world next season -- ideally a different one than the Enchanted Forest -- and it'd be interesting to see Emma go solo and have to figure things there out on her own for awhile. I guess the Nevengers will go look for her. And I'm definitely looking forward to the author plot being over (god I hope it's over). 

I think I could spend a while just watching them film. It's such a neat process.

Even though I so can't afford it I am tempted on occasion to throw caution to the wind, fly to Van when the Steveston visitors Facebook announces filming the next week. Seriously I might just do it next year knowing it could be the last.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, that video. Those spoilers. I had become detached from this show for so long, but nope, now it’s back. Hello, feelings. Why do I do this to myself? Why????

I know this is all looks very sad for Hook (and it is because Emma is his happy ending), but honestly, I feel even more sorry for Emma here.

Emma has always been the protective type who helps those who need it, and we saw that in season 1 with how she was with Mary Margaret and with the other folks in town. But ever since she came to Storybrooke, everyone in her life has told her “You’re The Savior, Emma. You’re the one that has to throw herself in front of the bus for everyone. It’s your job to save us, Emma. It’s all on you, Emma” And they’ve told her this repeatedly and so many times that she measures her worth in her ability to throw herself in front of the bus to save everyone.

It’s like in early 4A when Regina was throwing shade (as usual) at Emma because “The Savior wasn’t doing a lot of saving” as of late and Emma was really upset and hurt by it. Saving people and helping people is how Emma believes she can contribute to this screwed up world of Storybrooke, so really, no matter how much I wish Emma would leave Regina to rot in a hellish prison (Oooh, how I wish it were so) I think it’s too ingrained in Emma to want to save people if it's within her power to save them and not stand by and let them die. (Unless she’s the one purposely putting them in the grave, of course. ;)

So I find it deeply sad that Emma finally, after living such a lonely life, has all these people in her life and a really great guy that loves her and that she’s clearly head over heels for — and I’m just gonna say it, she loves him. No one can convince me that she doesn’t — and she has to lose it all and sacrifice her own life because, well, she has to save Regina and everyone because that’s who she is. Dude, that’s just sad. :((((

Obviously we don’t know how this ends and I seriously doubt she dies (she's not dead, dead), but still, I find this all to be very depressing. If the season finale is Emma’s presumed death that will be the most depressing ending this show has ever done, including when compared to “Going Home”.

OT — I’m totally, completely, and unequivocally over everyone (and not just Emma) having to sacrifice their own well-being to save Regina’s sorry ass. I'm so over that shit I'm under it. That was old and stunk like rotting dead fish as of season 2. The only way this show will ever be rid of Regina's whiny, wallowing, self-absorbed, screw everyone else narcissism is if she’s dead. Regina needs to die. Die, Regina. DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE. There, I said it.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 11

Another recount of April 1st shooting. This one is quite complete, with some dialogue included.

Something happens or is said and then all of a sudden Regina is flung and has some sort of magical seizure. Robin yells “Regina! What’s she doing!?” And then Emma says something about how the dagger is sucking up all the light and all the hope. Robin is like “well I won’t let it” but when he goes to help Regina he is violently flung back and to the ground. Emma is like “it doesn’t work like that. We have to do what the apprentice said. The dagger needs to be attached to someone” (or something like that) and then charming yells no and snow yells “there has to be another way” and Emma is like “there isn’t”.

• Love 1
Video of yesterday's filming

Let me guess, Adam is going to release at least one scriptease for that episode with somebody shouting "Emma!"

“Regina! What’s she doing!?” And then Emma says something about how the dagger is sucking up all the light and all the hope. Robin is like “well I won’t let it” but when he goes to help Regina he is violently flung back and to the ground. Emma is like “it doesn’t work like that. We have to do what the apprentice said. The dagger needs to be attached to someone” (or something like that) and then charming yells no and snow yells “there has to be another way” and Emma is like “there isn’t”.

Well, Emma, there is. Toss the dagger to Regina.

So, after 300 years of vowing revenge on "The Dark One", Hook is now in love with "The Dark One"? I can't imagine they are going to let Imp Emma be covered in scaly gold make-up for very long.

• Love 1

I don't think it's going to be as simple as Emma becoming the new Dark One. If she was taking over Rumple's role directly, she'd have to actually kill him physically with the dagger. This lightning storm is a new retcon to the dagger mythology, so I think something else is at play here.

Besides, if this did cause her to become the new Dark One, it would be way too easy to get her back to Storybrooke. All Hook would have to do is pick up the dagger that fell on the street, command Emma to appear before him, and presto. Unless the writers decide to make the dagger disappear right before someone picks it up, which sets up Season 5A for a MacGuffin chase to find the dagger so that they can find Emma.

Well, if the alternative is Regina becoming DO, I can see why they wouldn't risk that...

No kidding.  She's probably reduce Storybrooke to rubble.  It also doesn't seem like attaching it to someone means that the person becomes the Dark One or maybe they thought she'd become the Dark One but disappears instead?  I mean she's not stabbing herself with it which I thought that's what she would be doing initially.  

So now, does the dagger target someone when it doesn't have a "master" anymore?  If it's sucking all the light and hope, then why go towards Regina?  Is it because it's newly "acquired" hope?

Also, Robin, just go sit in a corner somewhere.  

All in all, not ready for the heartbreak at all.

• Love 2

She drops the dagger before running off. When Rumple killed Pan and went to the dark one vault he took the dagger with him. So she is doing something else. Cleaving the darkness from the dagger somehow maybe?

• Love 1
(edited)
If it's sucking all the light and hope, then why go towards Regina?

Shouldn't it be eating Henry or Snow who are all about hope? Plus, I could swallow Emma sacrificing herself for Henry or (even) Snow.

Edited by kili

Captain Swan can break the Dark One curse :) It sounds like this may be happening to Emma if that dialogue is correct.

I think we covered this already but after watching the video, I really am starting to think a TRK could destroy the dagger curse. It would explain why Rumple had to jump through hoops with the hat and such instead of just kissing Belle to fix it. It would explain why Emma would go to such extremes to save everyone -- because she knows Hook can fix this.

Of course this all makes me wonder what happens to Rumple and where he is now.

• Love 1

Shouldn't eat be eating Henry or Snow who are all about hope? Plus, I could swallow Emma sacrificing herself for Henry or (even) Snow.

We don't know what happens to Rumple, but since he doesn't have the dagger anymore, it could mean a number of things.  Maybe they managed to steal the dagger and commanded him to stay in the Enchanted Forest which might track with some of the dialogue in 415 about kicking him out of town.  They put a whole realm between them and him.

But in the end, if the dagger is looking for someone to attach itself to and it's sucking whatever out of Regina because it has chosen her, maybe because Regina is the one who really has the most darkness inside of her, Emma isn't just saving Regina from becoming the Evil Queen again, she's also saving the whole town from the Evil Queen.  Regina in Evil Queen mode has zero unresolved issues with the people who live in Storybrooke.

The other option would have been to throw the dagger over the town line, where there's you know, no magic. 

I think we covered this already but after watching the video, I really am starting to think a TRK could destroy the dagger curse.

Maybe I'm just slow this morning, but what is TRK?

Ah. I just figured I wasn't up-to-date on my fandom acronyms.

If they break the Dark One's curse, then shouldn't the power of the dagger be broken as well?

One would think that. Part of me wonders if Season 5 will be be the final season, because with Emma taking on some sort of Dark One power in the finale, or at least absorbing some of it to protect the others, I feel like this is all leading up to destroying the Dark One curse once and for all. It's basically the only big curse left from the first season that hasn't been resolved.

It's basically the only big curse left from the first season that hasn't been resolved.

The Dark Curse hasn't been broken entirely either.  Everyone got their memories back, but they were also supposed to be go back to the Enchanted Forest which hasn't happened.  I'm not talking about the occasional trip either.

• Love 1

Rehearsal video from yesterday

I love Josh and Colin. :)

Hah love it. It's like, after Emma poofs away, Charming is all, Yes, I finally have Hook to myself!

When Belle first kissed Rumple, he started to un-rumple, but somehow mentally refused to lose his powers. So I always thought a true love's kiss would be able to break the dark one's spell. Maybe it's not that simple though. I just had a thought of Hook finding Emma, and she's all sparkly and hyper like Rumple was.

• Love 1

The Dark Curse hasn't been broken entirely either. Everyone got their memories back, but they were also supposed to be go back to the Enchanted Forest which hasn't happened. I'm not talking about the occasional trip either.

The Dark Curse was quasi-broken during "Going Home." But with everyone calling Storybrooke home now, I don't think they actually want to break that curse officially. (Even though I still want them to go back to the Enchanted Forest permanently.) So the Dark One Curse is the big curse that I think everyone (except possibly Rumple) wants to be broken at this point.

I just had a thought of Hook finding Emma, and she's all sparkly and hyper like Rumple was.

Do all Dark Ones become hyper and giddy like Rumple? Or do certain aspects of their personalities get highlighted? Emma would probably become sparkly, but maybe her cynicism would be the big personality feature that got brought out if she ever became The Dark One.

Or they could sprinkle a locator potion on Hook, like this:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/07852e8cd2377f515cb638c8484b4f9c/tumblr_ngfslrEifK1u55y3ko1_1280.png

That is accurate!  That scene was all kinds of funny.  You guys meant the red scarf that I didn't even notice?  

I am thinking Emma goes to Camelot and is Morgana. She has lost her memory. They should be able to use Gold's globe to locate where Emma is, just like they did with Henry.

The whole Morgana angle would be interesting, though I'd much rather they're two completely separate entities.

Good call on the globe.  It was used to find Neal in NYC as well, so why not Emma too.  The Apprentice can maybe make himself useful and assist them with that.  I don't think Snow should go anywhere near the globe because it might point her in Regina's direction, since she loves her so much more than she loves Emma anyway.

Now, the problem will be them crossing into another realm, but apparently the Apprentice can just open portals but I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse to not do it.

Well I speculated a few pages back that a Dark One Emma could come about without stabbing Rump. This also gives them the freedom to do what they love most, make up shit as they go along. Since Emma didn't stab Rump, they'll just say the normal rules we've seen don't apply. New method, new rules to fit new plot. She might not even be a Dark One with the curse but just have its powers.

I'm hoping Dark Emma gets sucked into that dead undead Dark One vault and it's filled with a gaggle of ex-Dark One'ers living the good life, smoking some ganja. And in a ripoff of Buffy we find out that this is why Rump is so lame now, he was loving it down there in the vault and Emma will too. They're just bitter they got "saved."

I'm also betting this is Rump's "grand plan." Not going to lie, it'd be kind of neat that he made her the "savior" and the Dark One because I'm tired of this savior crap. Do the writers not remember that the savior stuff is fake and it's all Rump? I'm also going to bet Rump isn't powerless either. Maybe he worked it so Emma gets the dark one's magic and he gets her magic.

Now, the problem will be them crossing into another realm, but apparently the Apprentice can just open portals but I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse to not do it.

I have a suspicion that the Apprentice may end up dead.

It will really suck if Emma is separated entirely from the rest of the main cast for an extended period. I know they did it with Henry for the bulk of 3A, but, well, that was Henry. It's possible Emma could end up somewhere with Rumple teaching her how to be the Dark One or something, but I don't want Emma separated from everyone for too long. (If that's where it's going and she didn't deliberately poof herself away.)

I have this odd feeling that Lily may become a regular next season. I don't know why.

I have this odd feeling that Lily may become a regular next season. I don't know why.

God, please no. I know we haven't even seen her older version on screen, but...no.

• Love 2
(edited)

The girl who play Lily is a series regular with The Returned.  I'm so over new characters.  She can just go.  

Ah, good, maybe she'll be too busy to be a regular then. Though The Returned will need to be renewed, and it sounds like its ratings aren't so hot.

Edited by Souris

Now, the problem will be them crossing into another realm,

Isn't the door in the mansion still there? And they can probably magic-Skype Ariel too. Frankly I'm surprised more people in Storybrooke aren't just jumping between realms for fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am thinking Emma goes to Camelot and is Morgana. She has lost her memory. They should be able to use Gold's globe to locate where Emma is, just like they did with Henry.

The "Emma doesn't remember her family and loved ones" has been done already. I want to see Emma actually missing Hook, Henry and her parents. It would be so unfair if, again, Hook is the only one who has to suffer the separation because she doesn't even remember that he exists. And, after what they have done with Robin Hood, I hope they stay away from Camelot.

I really can't figure out why Emma would vanish into another realm after absorbing the dark matter, and without the dagger. It would make more sense for her to get absorbed into the dagger or something. I just hope wherever she ends up isn't too awful.

Maybe she is not going to another realm but to the underworld. They have already introduced Greek Mythology this season with Poseidon, maybe the next big villain is Hades.

It will really suck if Emma is separated entirely from the rest of the main cast for an extended period. I know they did it with Henry for the bulk of 3A, but, well, that was Henry. It's possible Emma could end up somewhere with Rumple teaching her how to be the Dark One or something, but I don't want Emma separated from everyone for too long. (If that's where it's going and she didn't deliberately poof herself away.)

Everybody thinks that the separation is going to be short, but I don't know. I doubt they are going to keep Jennifer Morrison apart from the rest of the cast for too long, but I can see the separation of CS lasting all 5A, between the physical separation and then the pshycological consequences of it (Emma walls reappearing because of the trauma of what has happened to her and it affecting her relationship with Hook).

I hope they don't make Lily a regular, this show has way too many already. And really, if someone is going to be upgraded is Sean. But I can see her being a recurring character, like Granny or the Dwarfs.

Edit to add this (from EW): Once Upon a Time finally introduces the Author: Exclusive

Aside from the Author knowing pretty much all of these characters from the book, “someone knows him and is lying about it,” Kitsis teases. Could that be the Dark One (Robert Carlyle), who is pictured with the Author above?

“That is not the one,” Kitsis reveals.

Edited by RadioGirl27

someone knows that author is lying about it?  We know Snowing know him and the Apprentice knows him, so that eliminates 3 people.  It's not Rumple, because they did say it wasn't him either.  It's not Emma either and I doubt it's August.

So who does leave?  Do we know if Shady filmed anything past 416?  My money would be on her after the weirdness of 412.

• Love 2

Could it be anyone from the show, or is it more likely to be someone whose from the main cast?

If it's the main cast I'll go out on a limb and guess Hook. 'Cause why not? Or maybe it'll be Will and he'll finally have a connection to the main storyline besides dating Belle and knowing Robin Hood.

Shady Blue is a good guess too, the way she was silently freaking out about the blank story books and stuff.