Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

An episode about Robin Hood written by Scott Nimerfro? Thanks, but no.

I stand corrected. In that case, maybe it is the horse chase scene he was talking about, as I imagine it took a fair amount of wrangling to pull off.

Yeah, I guess a horse chase scene in the middle of a city, with cars and pedestrians, would be quite complicated (and expensive) to shoot.

• Love 1

An episode about Robin Hood written by Scott Nimerfro? Thanks, but no.

Yeah, I guess a horse chase scene in the middle of a city, with cars and pedestrians, would be quite complicated (and expensive) to shoot.

I'm counting on this being the only highlight of the episode. I'm guessing a thief is going to steal the purse then Robin goes after him on horseback. Edited by KingOfHearts
Seems pretty obvious to just be coincidence right? I can't be the only one who wonders if it has anything to do with Walsh and if there's anything related to the Wicked Witch in there that could help the Queens of Darkness.

That may be the only interesting thing coming out of this episode.  Maybe he's looking for a way back to Storybrooke.

Seems pretty obvious to just be coincidence right? I can't be the only one who wonders if it has anything to do with Walsh and if there's anything related to the Wicked Witch in there that could help the Queens of Darkness.

It's my hope (that will probably be dashed) that Walsh survived the fall and still operates the shop. I'm dead wrong, though. I can't imagine Robin knowing about Walsh, so my guess is either its fate he chose that store or perhaps "wizard" struck him like Madame Faustina did with Ingrid.

More than likely Zelena gave Walsh a way to get back to the Enchanted Forest. At the time, she didn't know the Dark Curse would be enacted. Though knowing this show and its plot holes, there's probably a way to enter Storybrooke in there. I'd love the silver slippers to turn up somewhere...

Edited by KingOfHearts

Looks like Robin might get arrested for breaking in:

http://yvrshoots.com/2015/01/shoot-once-upon-a-time-turns-victory-square-west-into-new-york-city-for-sean-maguire.html#.VMloMGR4rsH

Maybe he'll find "Don't eat the bologna - K.J." etched in his jail cell.

22 episodes which means there's 5 left after they finish filming 417.

That's depressing because I feel like not much has happened so far. But I'm sure there is a lot we don't know. Feels like we haven't gotten very many spoilers compared to past seasons. Maybe that's good!

Yeees, give Scott the Robin Hood episode. I can't wait for the outrage when the SQers see their hero writing "Adultery Queen"! The episode being Robin-centric, it'll be boring as hell, so I'm counting on that to provide me amusement for that week.

Spo this photo was posted of Robin Hood in New York breaking into a furniture shop called Wizard of Oak. https://40.media.tumblr.com/dd49a32f7acfdc4b9c9cfb2ae7b96938/tumblr_niwqd5fnnT1s3i4w3o2_1280.jpg

I always wondered if Walsh would show up again. I liked the character; perhaps the flying monkey was killed but the Wizard survived?

I didn't care for Walsh.  He wasn't on long enough for me to care about him.  My mind goes directly to Emma slept with a guy who can turn into a monkey and it just creeps me out, like a lot.  Maybe there's something in his store that's magical and relevant.  I mean Robin is there holding a map (get a smartphone dude.  Google maps is awesome), maybe he's looking to actually get to the store since it's also located in Chelsea.  

• Love 1

Definitely more than a coincidence -- if it isn't supposed to be Walsh's furniture shop, I am confident they would have come up with a better pun (and that is barely a pun). I guess the question is, is it just supposed to be an easter egg for observant viewers, or will Walsh actually be there? 

• Love 1

I wonder, since R&Co manage to get into SB, does that mean that Ingrid's spell is completely undone?  It almost looks like Cruella drives her car right through whatever.  Is the town still locked out from the rest of the world?  Because I'm starting to wonder if Robin doesn't receive some kind of message to retrieve something to assist the gang back in Storybrooke.  Probably far fetched because I don't even know how they would get him a message even via bird.

I always wondered if Walsh would show up again. I liked the character; perhaps the flying monkey was killed but the Wizard survived?

I didn't necessarily like his character, but I did think it was really stupid how the writers introduced a guy Emma dated for 8 months (that's like a lifetime for this show!) and he was pretty much a one-off episode character. (Excluding his quick appearance with Zelena in Oz.) Like, he should have been a pretty significant character in 3B, but the writers just used him as a plot motivation for Emma to put her walls back up. So I wouldn't mind seeing him survive, especially since I want Emma to know she actually dated The Freaking Wizard of Oz and not some random creepy monkey man and I want to see her punch him in the face. Hook can take a shot at him, too.

Also, if Walsh is still alive, that means all the other Storybrooke monkeys would still be alive and the good guys don't look so bad for shooting at them in 3B.

• Love 4

They also created a hospital exterior set.

ETA:

Kalinda Vazquez ‏@KalindaVazquez  2h2 hours ago
.@ScottNimerfro very excited for your upcoming episode sir. Going to be an outlaw of a good time ;)

Scott Nimerfro ‏@ScottNimerfro  2h2 hours ago
@KalindaVazquez just when they thought they had me figured out... #outlawstilskin

Betsy Tarr ‏@Betsypaige24  54m54 minutes ago
@ScottNimerfro @KalindaVazquez LOL you gave away a pretty huge spoiler here ( really, they run into each other in a city of 8 million ppl?)

Scott Nimerfro @ScottNimerfro
@Betsypaige24 ha!!! Wait, Mr Gold is in an episode entitled Heart of GOLD!?  Spoiler!!!! Who would have thunk it!

Charming. 

Anyway, gonna guess Rumple makes a deal with Robin to "help" him that ends up backfiring for Robin (as is Rumple's want). 

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 2

Are they doing 22 episodes for the season? Or 24? I can never remember.

This should be a 23 episode season since the double episode was an extra order. Despite how some of sources list the double as one, production considers them two separate episodes in their numbering system. 4.17 is the fifth episode in 4B.

So Robin makes a deal with Gold? I guess the flaying didn't make an impression on him. Not that I give Robin credit for much intelligence, but really? Maybe he thinks Rumpel is bold and audacious too.

I used to check for spoilers daily. Several times a day actually. Now it's like once a week. I see I haven't missed a thing since my last look. This is really depressing.

• Love 1

They really think that putting Robin with Rumple would make him intetesting? Well, I'm sorry to tell you this A&E, but no. Nothing would ever make him interesting.

Oh, and I don't think they have made a deal. They don't need it. Robin thinks he is in debt with Rumple because he didn't kill him and only tortuted him, so I can see him helping him willingly.

Even if it's Walsh's shop, I doubt we would see him again. The actor playing him is really bussy, and if they would have wanted him back, they wouldn'thave put him in Emma's list of dead boyfriends.

Edited by RadioGirl27

So is Robin one of the last two stops Rumple has to make?  Because that makes a lot more sense.  He goes to Ursula and tells her they have two more stops.  So we know Cruella is one stop and Maleficent lives under the library in Storybrooke, so it can't be her.  So his second stop has to be Robin which means whatever scenes were filmed with Robert yesterday could be flashback based.

So instead of Regina actually being a double-agent, it means that she is being blackmailed into doing whatever and her being blackmailed means that she might be forced to release Maleficent from the spell that keeps her in whatever form in the bowels of the library building.  I don't even think this is far fetched.

I didn't care for Walsh.  He wasn't on long enough for me to care about him.  My mind goes directly to Emma slept with a guy who can turn into a monkey and it just creeps me out, like a lot.  

So gross. So SO gross. I'm with you.

Also, I'm with everyone who is yawning over this Robin/Rumple/Regina/QoD BS storyline. This does not sound terribly appealing.

Edited by allyj128
  • Love 1

I hope she's saying it to Hook. It would be nice to see how that dynamic progresses with all things considered.

I kind of hope she's saying it to Hook, too. It's weird because I've spent so long not caring at all about Belle's character, but the spoilers about Belle and Hook interacting in 4B is one of the few things I'm actually excited about. If they handle it properly, that is.

• Love 2
My mind goes directly to Emma slept with a guy who can turn into a monkey and it just creeps me out, like a lot

You're probably creeped by all werewolf/shapeshifter romances in fiction, then :) (Hmm, how many guys has Ruby slept with? Nobody seems to care that she is a girl who can turn into a wolf).

I didn't necessarily like his character, but I did think it was really stupid how the writers introduced a guy Emma dated for 8 months (that's like a lifetime for this show!) and he was pretty much a one-off episode character.

Yeah, totally. Before NY City Serenade, I expected him to be just a usual romantic false lead boyfriend who would represent her stable memory-less existence. But they made it a long-ish romance complete with a proposal, and made him plot relevant... And then just dropped the storyline. I think it was the first sign of big writing problems and the start of me falling out of love with the show. 3A finale was SO GOOD, and they squandered all the potential... 

On to the spoilers: please, Rumple, kill Robin. I'll forgive you everything for it. Or better yet, take his heart out, manipulate him in some way and make Regina kill him. That would be fun to watch.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Yeah, totally. Before NY City Serenade, I expected him to be just a usual romantic false lead boyfriend who would represent her stable memory-less existence. But they made it a long-ish romance complete with a proposal, and made him plot relevant... And then just dropped the storyline. I think it was the first sign of big writing problems and the start of me falling out of love with the show. 3A finale was SO GOOD, and they squandered all the potential...

Walsh was there because they wanted a reason to make Emma's walls even higher that they already were so they can drag the CS angst as long as possible. Why they made him the Wizard? I have no clue.

On to the spoilers: please, Rumple, kill Robin. I'll forgive you everything for it. Or better yet, take his heart out, manipulate him in some way and make Regina kill him. That would be fun to watch.

We will not be that lucky.

WTF?!

They are filming a "red carpet/speech" scene. I repeat, WTF? 

Hey, maybe some talent scout "discovers" Robin and he ends up on Broadway! ...yeah, I got nothing.

I guess it has something to do with Cruella. But I would love it if Marian has became some kind of star. She deserves it. Edited by RadioGirl27

So they have enough of a budget for a horse chase scene in "NYC" and a red carpet event... but not Emma's apartment.

Okay, then.

It's not that simple. Renting a horse and getting permits for a day or two of location filming is a one-time production cost covered by the episode budget. Building a new practical set is a capital expenditure since it is the cost of creating a new asset. There is the considerable expense of designing and building the set plus the ongoing cost of maintaining and dressing the set for each use. Four seasons in there will be no more available space for a new set in the studio, so they will either have to strike an existing set to make room for it or rent additional studio space. A set for Emma's apartment would not get enough use to be able to make a solid business case for its construction. What would be the value proposition? This show is a for-profit business. It makes financial sense to me that they don't have a set for Emma's apartment.

• Love 1

They don't need a permanent set for Emma's apartment. A one time appearance would be enough to know it exists and then we'd never need to see it again. Emma living at the loft is ridiculous in the extreme. The baby would be annoying and even without wanting privacy for a new relationship, a person with Emma's background would like a space of her own.

I try not to be down on the spoilers because I wasn't at all enthused at the Frozen stuff and that ended up being the best part of the season. Sadly, I am just not interested in the author plot and Robin Hood backstory is about the last thing I want to see, right above more August storyline and they've confirmed multiple episodes of that.

• Love 2
A set for Emma's apartment would not get enough use to be able to make a solid business case for its construction. What would be the value proposition? This show is a for-profit business. It makes financial sense to me that they don't have a set for Emma's apartment.

Like KAOS Agent mentioned, they don't need a permanent set right now. It wouldn't be too expensive to shoot a scene where Emma, Henry, and the Charmings walk around an empty Vancouver apartment space and decide that it's not the one. Or even show the exterior of a building and have them walk out the front door saying, "There's no way I'm renting a place with a 2 foot wide shower. Cross that one off the list." At least show us on screen she's actively looking for a new place. And from a story/plot perspective, if 6 weeks have gone by and she's not close to finding a new place, then that's just ridiculous. I can take Emma still living with her parents in 4B, but the show should at least show us that she's close to finding a new place.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Is the interior of Regina's mansion a standing set or a place they rent occasionally? And they managed to give Emma a New York apartment for two episodes. All they need to do is establish that she's found a place and moved, then have a place they can rent from time to time when the story requires it, for maybe a few episodes a season. Otherwise, establish which building in Storybrooke her apartment is in and shoot exteriors of her coming and going. She might still go to her parents' place for family dinners (not that we ever see such scenes) or to hang out. Hook might even meet her at her parents' place before a date or drop her off there if there's something she needs to pick up, or something. The bulk of her scenes would be at the police station or Granny's anyway. We'd just know she has a place, even if we seldom see it.

As for the script tease, I agree that it would be interesting if Belle is talking to Hook. While Rumple does occasionally lose it, with him it's more like a total snap when it happens. He's not generally a hothead. Hook is the one with a temper. He's been good about holding back on it lately, but recent events might have made that more challenging, and Belle could be pointing that out.

• Love 1

I can't remember who made the suggestion, but someone on the board pointed out that if money is actually the issue, they could easily switch out a few of the decorations in the Snowing Hovel and say that since the curse reset there was a vacancy in the building.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1
I can't remember who made the suggestion, but someone on the board pointed out that if money is actually the issue, they could easily switch out a few of the decorations in the Snowing Hovel and say that since the curse reset there was a vacancy in the building.

That was my other suggestion. Move the sofa to a different place, swap out the posters and bedspread, and voila, different apartment in the same building. And they could still only do it when absolutely necessary and keep it as the Snowing Hovel the rest of the time. Hook can drop off Emma after dates in the same stairwell. They could even hang out on the stairs and talk without showing the interior of her apartment all the time. All they have to do is establish the fact that she has her own apartment in the same building.

So "can't" is really "don't want to" when there are so many solutions to the problem.

• Love 3

I don't think Emma's apartment would need that many scenes in it, to be honest. If she lived in the same building, we could still show her hanging out at her parent's loft regularly. Just establishing that Emma lives somewhere else with a scene or two once in a while would be enough for me.

• Love 2

So "can't" is really "don't want to" when there are so many solutions to the problem.

Yep, exactly. They simply don't care enough about Emma to make the slightest bit of effort to give her her own place. As y'all have illustrated, there are a TON of things they could do cheaply, but they simply can't be bothered.

And I still won't be surprised AT ALL if they have Emma move in with Regina, the way they've been courting and queer-baiting SQ fans this year. Though I read some rumors on Tumblr about the house they use for Regina's house being sold and no longer available to Once. Don't know if that's true or not.

And I still won't be surprised AT ALL if they have Emma move in with Regina, the way they've been courting and queer-baiting SQ fans this year.

Someone doubts this is exactly what is going to happen? Because I'm pretty sure Emma, Henry and Regina would be living together before the season ends, like a happy family.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Michaelsocha/status/560915923666612224

Well, it seems Socha is going to be in this, at least in the flashback.

Edited by RadioGirl27

If it weren't for Swan Queen, I could see Emma being forced to move in with Regina and Henry temporarily being interesting as an enemies in close quarters sort of way, but it's this show. We'd see Emma drunk one night and accidentally going into Regina's bed, or Regina "justifiably" lashing out at Emma for leaving the coffee maker on. Two words: Scott Nimefro.

Edited by KingOfHearts