Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

More photos from Tuesday's filming. Nothing earth shatteringly new, but I could look at Cruella and Ursula strutting around all day, and there is a fair bit of the Emma/Hook/Charming scene outside the diner.

Cruella's car looks like a hearse with that symbol on it. Love the design, though. Still digging the Ursula/Cruella BFFs thing. Cruelsula? Urella?

New picture of a strange tower in what probably is the Enchanted Forest:

https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/541050780061401088

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

So far, it seems to be fairly light on Regina sightings/spoilers. (Or I've developed some sort of Regina mind block.  That's possible, too.)

Since I can't believe they'd have a light Regina 4B, Parilla must be filming mostly inside?  Have we had any actual concrete spoilers, there?  I know Operation Mongoose is supposed to stretch into B.

So far, it seems to be fairly light on Regina sightings/spoilers. (Or I've developed some sort of Regina mind block.  That's possible, too.)

Since I can't believe they'd have a light Regina 4B, Parilla must be filming mostly inside?  Have we had any actual concrete spoilers, there?  I know Operation Mongoose is supposed to stretch into B.

The only Regina spoiler I know of is her walk to the bus with Henry, and that's it. I wish she'd just go somewhere and do something else.

Taking the rest of my post to Wishes.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Please don't reset Snow Falls again, show! 

4B is totally gonna be flashbacks from the alternate storybook where all the villains get their happy endings. I can feel it in my bones. Clearly that was James' stunt double in the pic posted earlier, not Charming's. Or it was Charming's stunt double, and he and peasant!Regina are fighting trolls together on the bridge.

• Love 3

4B is totally gonna be flashbacks from the alternate storybook where all the villains get their happy endings. I can feel it in my bones. Clearly that was James' stunt double in the pic posted earlier, not Charming's. Or it was Charming's stunt double, and he and peasant!Regina are fighting trolls together on the bridge.

Hopefully the flashbacks will get some kind of twist, like the later seasons of Lost. If Cruella and Ursula are supposed to be the big twist for 4B... then meh.

Edited by KingOfHearts

More photos from Tuesday's filming. Nothing earth shatteringly new, but I could look at Cruella and Ursula strutting around all day, and there is a fair bit of the Emma/Hook/Charming scene outside the diner.

I don't know what's cuter, Captain Swan holding hands, or Josh and Colin laughing like little kids. I wonder if the three of them are looking at Cruella and Ursula? Looks like Emma is sort of rolling her eyes at something Charming says. I also wonder what made Hook angry. I think I'm overanalyzing these photos!

I also wonder what made Hook angry.

He does have a fierce scowl, doesn't he? I'm guessing that the laughing and grinning pics are behind-the-scenes shots, not in character. Hook never looks quite that lighthearted.

And I'm still amazed at Colin in just that leather jacket looking totally comfortable and not cold at all while everyone else is bundled up in parkas and still looking miserably cold. Is that jacket heated, or something?

• Love 2

This popped up again on tumblr, and I had forgotten about it (I tend to repress Rumbelle stuff, I think). Seems relevant to our discussion of what might conclude the whole Rumple/hat/dagger scenario:

Any scoop on Once Upon a Time’s Belle? –Natalie
With husband Rumplestiltskin treading ever deeper into morally murky waters, series cocreator Adam Horowitz says that Belle’s “strength and heroism play a key part in the fall finale” airing Dec. 14. The EP also says to expect a flashback to “another bit of her time in the dark castle with Rumple.”

He does have a fierce scowl, doesn't he? I'm guessing that the laughing and grinning pics are behind-the-scenes shots, not in character. Hook never looks quite that lighthearted.

And I'm still amazed at Colin in just that leather jacket looking totally comfortable and not cold at all while everyone else is bundled up in parkas and still looking miserably cold. Is that jacket heated, or something?

I think that Emma & Hook's kiss on the cheek was a BTS thing, as David's hug to Hook.

Perhaps he's used to the cold? I was rather amused when in Ireland three weeks ago, because on Saturday nights gerls were dressed in miniskirts, light vests and bare feet in sandals while I had multiple layes on!

Cruella and Ursala, the only two characters who can out camp Regina's Evil Queen. I don't need a big twist next half of season, I will watch those two tooling around town making bitchy comments tossing their empty bottles onto Regina's front lawn and causing trouble for the dummies in Storybrooke. They are kind of an Ab-Fab for fairtytales.

• Love 8
They are kind of an Ab-Fab for fairtytales.

I wish you hadn't said that because now I will be disappointed if it doesn't play out that way. It would be fun if someone was able to out-Mean Girl Regina. Even more fun if she gets to be on the receiving end of the treatment she's given everyone else.

RE: the mind wipe theories:

I agree with others that there is still no way of doing this without wiping Emma saving Hook from their minds and that would suck for the story and the characters, as it does feel like things have been building to that for some time.

I don't think that a selective memory spell would necessarily wipe Emma saving Hook. If he's dead, as has been speculated, then he's not going to remember the process of being saved, anyway (unless he, like Belle, can get back memories of what happened while he was out. Argh.), and she'll have saved him from being dead in addition to restoring his heart. So they could selectively wipe the memories of Rumple having his heart and forcing him to do horrible, traumatizing things, but he does still remember that he got himself killed stopping the Shattered Sight spell and that Emma saved him. Then he can be happy that Emma saved him without having to live with the memory of hatting the fairies. And if they're doing some good Pabbie magic, then no one else would remember Hook hatting the fairies. And I guess they could wipe Rumple's memory of the hat while taking the hat away so he can't try that again, and if no one else remembers Rumple's latest evil scheme, that would allow them to still all live around each other. Though it would make Belle's marriage pretty fake (or faker). Maybe she'll be allowed to remember the dagger switch.

Or they could all remember everything and it makes no difference because it's this show and we're moving on to the next crisis because Maleficent is back and Ursula and Cruella are in town, and who has time for PTSD or old resentments from a few days ago?

• Love 3

That script tease suggests to me that Hook isn't under the spell. 

Merrin Dungey @RealMerrinD
Holy smokes. We just saw the first cut of the #EvilTrio entrance to OUAT.
#mindsblown

So Cruella and Ursula are in league with Maleficient? 

That's how I like Henry - offscreen.

Ursula already has a beef with Regina for impersonating her. Cruella would probably challenge the Evil Queen to a fashion duel. If they're some mean girl villain clique, I'll be laughing in their every scene. Wicked vs. Evil disappointed me, so I hope this delivers.

• Love 1

Heh....good for Henry. As I recall, isn't he supposed to be protected from the Shattered Sight spell due to Rumple's deal with the Snow Queen? I guess that would mean Belle is protected also.

I don't know, that seems like an odd thing for Henry to say if he wasn't cursed.

Poor Killy. I know people complained about him wearing the same outfit forever (as well as Elsa), but he was in the Navy. He's probably the kind of guy who shines his shoes and such everyday, so I was never bothered.

Yes, that's true, it could be Rumple. I would totally be fine with those three teaming up to do evil, too. Though I dunno, Rumple generally prefers to work alone. 

Oh yeah, I forgot Henry is supposed to be immune from the spell. If so, his comment seems a bit OOC. Unless he's assuming Hook is under the spell, and is thus back to his piratey ways? Maybe DQ screwed Rumple over, though.

Ah I just watched it back, and you guys are right -- Rumple only asks that Belle and Henry be allowed to leave with him (which, presumably, will mean they are no longer under the spell, as it only affects Storybrooke), not that they are immune. He probably should have asked for both, though, if he plans on taking them while conscious. 

• Love 1

I rewatched the scene from "Fall". It looks like the DQ is allowing him to leave with Belle and Henry. If they are affected, that might not be such a fun trip for him!

Retrograde, you beat me to it!

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1

On the plus side, now totally looking forward to Belle's "worst self" telling Rumple to take a hike.

Or Lacey finding out about the dagger and admiring him for it. *shivers*

So Henry is going to act like his typical bratty self but it's viewed as a bad thing for once? That's a win right there.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

That script tease suggests to me that Hook isn't under the spell.

My guess is that he is affected by the curse, but Heart Magic trumps Mirror Magic.  In other words, he'll see the worst in everyone else and be his worst self just like everyone else, but he'll still have to do what Rumple tells him to do.  So he might say some wretched things to Henry, but he won't hurt him physically because he's under orders from Rumple to bring him safely to Rumple for transport out of Storybrook (where, I presume, the spell will not reach).  That will probably affect the fight with Will, also -- he'll really want to kill him, but his "get Henry" mission will trump that so he'll just fight him long enough to knock him out of the way.  Luckily for Will.

• Love 1
On the plus side, now totally looking forward to Belle's "worst self" telling Rumple to take a hike.

This is on my Christmas list. Please, Santa? I've been very, very good. In fact, I just took a box of home-baked cookies to the church for a bake sale to help raise money to help underprivileged women around the world. I deserve this one thing. I won't even ask for a pony this year.

I would say that if Henry is outright calling Hook a "dirty pirate," he's under the spell. It's harder to tell from Hook's response how he's affected. I think it would depend on the tone of how it's played -- is he really offended, or is it more of an eyeroll exasperation?

• Love 1

Cruella and Ursala, the only two characters who can out camp Regina's Evil Queen. I don't need a big twist next half of season, I will watch those two tooling around town making bitchy comments tossing their empty bottles onto Regina's front lawn and causing trouble for the dummies in Storybrooke. They are kind of an Ab-Fab for fairtytales.

OMG, that's hysterical! I now want them wreaking drunk havoc all over Storybrooke.

• Love 1

I had a crazy thought this morning as I was waking up: What if that image of Rumple and the door in some place that's not Storybrooke means Rumple gets hatted and sent to the Place Without Magic, without his powers? It would certainly serve him right. And then he comes back to town on a quest to try to get his powers back or see if he has magic once he's back in Storybrooke, returning along with Ursula and Cruella. That could be what happened to Ursula to explain why she was missing and we've never seen her in Storybrooke, and then they could give this as a backstory for Cruella -- she started off as some kind of witch in the Enchanted Forest, got hatted and sent to our world, where without magic she had to find a new evil hobby, like killing puppies.

That would explain the evil trio, and possibly even why Belle might be speaking to him -- in the "Hey, how did you get back?" sense.

• Love 4

I like the idea of Rumple losing his powers. That also might account for why everyone in spoiler pics for 4B appear back to normal....a threat has been neutralized or gotten rid of. Until he shows up again.

Actually, does anyone know why Regina appears magic-less in sneak peeks for tonight's ep? I guess the spell takes them away?

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1

I would totally be on board with a powerless Rumple, back to where he was before becoming the Dark One, shunned by his community. It would be interesting if Ingrid is conning Rumple about needing a heart from his pre-Dark One days and it does separate him from the dagger, but she didn't tell him that it does so by returning him back to his former, magic-less self.

• Love 1

Actually, does anyone know why Regina appears magic-less in sneak peeks for tonight's ep? I guess the spell takes them away?

She's not magic-less.  She uses her magic in the sneak peek to change into her Evil Queen togs.  But I read in an interview that she fights Snow White without magic because Snow taunts her into going mano-a-mano, saying that of course she would use magic, because she doesn't like to "get her hands dirty."

• Love 1

In one of Lana's interviews she says that Snow basically dares her for a fair fight, to not use her magic.

Fourteenwords beat me to it.

Edited by Jul 68
  • Love 1

She's not magic-less.  She uses her magic in the sneak peek to change into her Evil Queen togs.  But I read in an interview that she fights Snow White without magic because Snow taunts her into going mano-a-mano, saying that of course she would use magic, because she doesn't like to "get her hands dirty."

In other words, the writers needed Snow and Regina to fight without giving Regina the opportunity to kill Snow. Because you know - fighting just for the heck of it is so entertaining!

Edited by KingOfHearts

Well all the sneak peak really play the campy and funny, I like the show for the fun and fantasy. So I guess I will enjoy the comic situation aspect this week and hope for a good meaty scene with CS next week and forget all idea to find deep and meaningful development ( Emma, Rumple,) because all will be like nothing had happening again in 4b if we go by the bts picture.

• Love 1

I'm hoping we won't have to see any apologies because there will be too many of them and it seems most of the stuff people do and say to each other has a comical bent. 

Looking back at BTS spoiler pics for this one, Henry is at the big reunion so he either doesn't go with Gold at all or escapes from him. Josh also posted a photo of a night scene with Henry and David and his truck at the town line, and JMo had one with Henry in what I think is the library.

Edited by retrograde

Belle is in 4X12, so she doesn't go with Rumple either, or she leaves him at some point. I think it's more likely she doesn't go with him. He's a fool to think he can have her and his (stolen) power. It also depends on the manner of his departure. For one thing, he picked on the wrong pirate!

• Love 1