Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm wondering how they solve a problem like Rumpelstilskin because if he's going to act worse than he did in the last episode (and trying to kill Emma is pretty much guaranteed to piss off a ton of people in town), how can they ever allow him to run around town free? Don't they have to put a stop to him somehow?

I don't disagree with you (The Charmings need to stop giving him chance after chance because it's just dumb and gross), but how many times has Regina tried to kill Emma and yet we got 4x05 where Emma is begging for Regina's friendship (even though Regina doesn't regret ruining Emma's life and trying to kill her multiple times) and Snow and Regina are basically bffs. I simply won't be surprised if everyone's reaction is like "But he's family!" and do nothing. Especially if the Truest Stupid is the one that chimes in. The only one who will be like "this is bullshit" is Hook because Hook knows Rumple is always out for himself and will kill anyone who gets in his way.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 3

Has anyone seen Robert Carlyle filming recently? I know he usually takes an extended holiday break and I'm wondering how they solve a problem like Rumpelstilskin because if he's going to act worse than he did in the last episode (and trying to kill Emma is pretty much guaranteed to piss off a ton of people in town), how can they ever allow him to run around town free? Don't they have to put a stop to him somehow? No act of redemption outside of killing himself again is going to fly. 

He was seen shooting for 4.11 a few weeks ago. There doesn't seem to have been much location filming spotted the last week or so, though Josh Dallas posted a photo of himself in Gold's car the other day. But maybe Gold is gone and everyone's just looting his stuff.

Edited by retrograde

I think the spoiler was Ingrid tried to throw her in front of a bus to force her magic out. In which case Emma should be begging for Ingrid's love as soon as she remembers. We have to be consistent here A&E! Oh who am I kidding. Whatever, I'm rooting for Ingrid and I want the doublemint twins to love her even as they know they have to take her out.

Ok if they're not redeeming Ingrid, which I can live with, then the only other solution is E&E somehow manages to tap into the sisterly love imbued in the ribbons to break the curse. They can even do the whole cheesy enchilada of conjuring Helga and Gerda for help.

I'm not sure why Rumple trying to kill Emma would be a problem. That should make the Charmings warm up to him. Any day now I expect Emma to offer him one of those bffs forever heart necklaces that are split in two. And when he gets worse as Robert claimed, they'll rename the town Stiltskin and put up a monument of him in front of Granny's.

• Love 5

Has anyone seen Robert Carlyle filming recently? I know he usually takes an extended holiday break and I'm wondering how they solve a problem like Rumpelstilskin because if he's going to act worse than he did in the last episode (and trying to kill Emma is pretty much guaranteed to piss off a ton of people in town), how can they ever allow him to run around town free? Don't they have to put a stop to him somehow? No act of redemption outside of killing himself again is going to fly.

He was seen shooting last week in the "New York" setting. So maybe he ends up powerless and outside Storybrooke, or he activates the hat and he is outside Storybrooke trying to conquer the world or some other stupidity.

Anyway, he is doing all the bad deeds, but I'm sure Hook is the one that is going to pay for it, either with his life or with Emma's love or whatever she feels for him.

But maybe Gold is gone and everyone's just looting his stuff.

I know you mean their stuff when you say his stuff. 

Regarding the whole power of three thing.  Ingrid is crazy because she's very much a one track mind.  She wants something, she will make sure she gets what she wants, she embraced her darkness, she became all about magic and magical folks.  I think it would be a neat twist if she just decided that Emma's pain at losing someone she cares deeply about wasn't worth it and decided to help her instead.  If Emma, Elsa and Ingrid are powerful enough to take on Rumple then why the hell not.

411 is called villains vs heroes (or vice versa).  Ingrid is nuts, but the big villain of 4A has been Rumple.  I think DQ has been this huge red herring this season for Storybrooke.  While everyone is busy running around trying to stop her, Rumple is all set to cleave himself from the dagger by collecting power in a hat and crushing someone's heart.

This half season has been all about perception, how one views themselves.  Elsa and Emma had to embrace who they are in order to control their powers.  Hook's arc is a continuing one, but he has to follow Emma and Elsa's paths basically.  Ingrid is the same as them.  She decided to embrace the person people thought she was, a monster, rather than embracing who she really is and live her life.

So prediction time, 411 is redemption of the fake villain who helps the heroes stop Rumple in his tracks and helps save Hook before they send her on her way to Arendelle with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff while Mr. Gold gets banished from Storybrooke without any power.

• Love 5

So prediction time, 411 is redemption of the fake villain who helps the heroes stop Rumple in his tracks and helps save Hook before they send her on her way to Arendelle with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff while Mr. Gold gets banished from Storybrooke without any power.

I would love that a lot. Honestly, this will make me sound like a Regina apologist (but for Ingrid) but I thought Anna immediately deciding Ingrid was evil before she had even done anything (and we know before being released from the urn, she was only guilty of accidentally killing her sister) kinda bugged, so I would love for her to be redeemed.

• Love 6

I agree, it was very rushed and not believable. However, Elizabeth Mitchell's comments make me think we won't get redemption for Ingrid. I think she'll die or be sucked into a hat, because Arendelle will eventually be restored to the status quo (because there may be a sequel someday, in the vein of direct to DVD movie or a cartoon series or something, Frozen's too popular), probably with Hans back, but without Ingrid because she's a "canon foreigner".

If this is in reference to the "episode description" on the previous page that I posted... I apologize, that was a totally sarcastic write up!

Oops! That tells you how wonky the plots on this show are. It's almost impossible to satirize them without going the other direction and doing something totally logical and sensible.

I think DQ has been this huge red herring this season for Storybrooke.  While everyone is busy running around trying to stop her, Rumple is all set to cleave himself from the dagger by collecting power in a hat and crushing someone's heart.

That has made for interesting plot arcs, since everyone is focused on Ingrid and only Ingrid and Hook know that Rumple's the real danger -- and Ingrid's not inclined to do anything about it unless Emma is threatened and Hook is now physically incapable of doing anything. That may be the sucker punch that comes after the big celebration that apparently results from the mirror spell being broken -- uh oh, now we have to face the real problem.

Although it would be par for the course on this show, I really can't see how the Rumple situation can be resolved just because Belle doesn't give up on him. Even if Belle pulls him back from the brink with her faith and love, how could anyone else live with him in the town (then again, Regina ...)? It would be deliciously ironic if Belle gets her hands on the real dagger and that's what forces him to stop, and then her faith in him could be along the lines of "I know you can be a good man, but you've forgotten how, so I'm going to give you a chance to remember what that's like." And then he gets to actually live with Belle really having the dagger and not letting him do evil things.

Though I have wondered what kind of stand-off might result if Hook got the real dagger -- if Rumple has Hook's heart and Hook has the dagger, what happens?

As for Ingrid, if Rumple gets to walk after all this (and I'm pretty sure he won't be offed, unless they're being really good about keeping secrets and Carlyle is being uncharacteristically reticent), it really would be morally skewed if she gets killed. That would be like giving the vindictive gossip who enjoys stirring things up and turning people against each other the death penalty while the guy murdering anyone who stands between him and absolute power gets community service and an ankle monitor. If any villain is up for being redeemed with love, it would be Ingrid. She mostly just needs to see someone "ordinary" loving and accepting a magical person. So maybe that's where the Act of True Love comes in, and it may be how Hook "dies" -- if he sacrifices himself to save Emma and the other members of the Yellow Ribbon Sisterhood from being hatted by Rumple, Ingrid might see that it's possible to be loved and accepted. Then Anna and Elsa can take their auntie home and make her comfortable in the palace and maybe get her some psychological help. Or it could be Anna yet again doing the act of true love and showing that they can be a family. At any rate, Ingrid seems like a good candidate for a big "oh, I was wrong!" redemption.

• Love 1

Okay, Hook and all the women filming right now. This has the potential to be hilarious if the writers let it.

I would say that whatever happens to Hook and his heart between now and 4.11 means that for 4.12 he's alive and well.  I think the heart/secret drama will be wrapped up by the end of 4.11.

It amazes me how much Emma and the Charmings seem to take Hook for granted. He disappears while Emma is missing and nobody wonders what might be going on. He shows up WITH A NEW HAND and nobody asks any questions. I know....it's totally not what they wanted to focus on in the episodes, but you'd think it would come up. I'm sure it will before the half season is over.

• Love 1
It amazes me how much Emma and the Charmings seem to take Hook for granted. He disappears while Emma is missing and nobody wonders what might be going on.

It was really jarring when Charming and Snow were like, "Hey, where's Elsa and the tracking potion?!" They had two freaking hours to fill, would it have killed the writers to have Snow to say, "Where's Elsa?" Followed by Charming saying, "Wait, Hook is gone, too!" And I get that Emma was enjoying her moment of embracing her magic outside with her parents, but I'm surprised we didn't get a shot of her looking around for Hook for a brief second.

At this point, I have to believe it's intentional.

ETA: Sorry, I wanted to reply to this in the episode thread since there aren't any spoilers here.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

At this point, I have to believe it's intentional.

I don't think they trust him, period.  He is there because of Emma and they tolerate him because of Emma and if Elsa hadn't made away with the potion, I doubt they would have cared.  The Charmings live in their little bubble of two.

• Love 1

The twist we are going to have in episode 11 is A&E favorite yet. I'm so worried.

I'm holding out hope (shoot, I owe someone a quarter...) that the twist is going to be all villains getting their happy endings. Especially since I don't see any way for Rumple to get out of this mess he made, I could see him casting the spell to get Belle back in his good graces.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3
Hmm. Looks like Regina and Belle are conforting Emma. Or they're cold and trying to keep warm.

I can attest that it is cold.  Wamer than usual summer and fall while they are filming the Frozen arc. Sub-zero temperatures when they start 4B - the new villain is probably the Heatmiser and the poor actors are going to have to be going around in shorts all winter.

The twist we are going to have in episode 11 is A&E favorite yet. I'm so worried.

I'm going to go hide under a blanket.

From the TV Guide linked above:

"[The spell of Shattered Sight is] much more emotional and apocalyptic than the other curses on our show where we're just killing people."

Really? Worse than the Dark Curse that erased everyone's identities and transported them to a magic-forsaken land where they lived under the thrall of the Evil Queen? 

Belle spoiler at TVLine http://tvline.com/2014/11/17/ncis-season-12-mcgee-abby-personal-conversation-spoilers/ (sorry, on phone so can't quote).

Runple is treading "morally murky" waters? Uh, I'd say at this stage he is neck deep in some pretty straight-up evil waters, frankly.

To quote Macbeth:

"I am in blood

Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er"

Will we be getting sneak peaks and pictures from 4x09 this week, or will we have to wait due to the break?

"[The spell of Shattered Sight is] much more emotional and apocalyptic than the other curses on our show where we're just killing people."

Really? Worse than the Dark Curse that erased everyone's identities and transported them to a magic-forsaken land where they lived under the thrall of the Evil Queen?

The Dark Curse is the "curse to end all curses". It's supposed to be the worst imaginable. I wish they would stop cheapening the show's original premise.

There's going to be a reset and the characters are going to start all over. Again. I am a pessimist.

Please let this happen. I'm dead serious.

I'm holding out hope (shoot, I owe someone a quarter...) that the twist is going to be all villains getting their happy endings.

I'm good with this too. There would be plenty of interesting material to mine out of this.

Regina becomes the next Protector of the Island?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Yeah, my friend who lives in Vancouver was complaining about the cold.  Never mind that it's also mind bogglingly cold here in NYC as well.  Stupid wind!

They should splurge and get Colin something warm to wear because seriously...I know the character is supposed to be cool and smooth and stuff, but it can't be pleasant for the actor. 

It's too bad that the new big bad arrives right after they dealt with the one from 4A.  If I lived in Storybrooke, I would quit Storybrooke forever and ever.

I would say that whatever happens to Hook and his heart between now and 4.11 means that for 4.12 he's alive and well.

And they're speaking to him, or at least willing to tolerate his presence. Unless this is just them hanging out between scenes, and they'll get up and start throwing rocks at him when the camera's rolling.

Let me guess, even though this entire arc has been about Emma and Elsa, the big surprise twist will be that it's Regina who manages to step up and save the day at the last minute. You know, like in every other arc.

They should splurge and get Colin something warm to wear because seriously...I know the character is supposed to be cool and smooth and stuff, but it can't be pleasant for the actor.

And looking at the way he's having to hold his arm to disguise the length difference from the hook, which is even more pronounced in the new jacket, I wish they'd find a way to just give him his hand back for good. He's not really "Captain Hook" anymore anyway, and that position looks so very uncomfortable for him. He's got to end up with sore arm and shoulder muscles at the end of the day. There was more leeway in the big coat with the huge cuffs, but there are only a few positions he can use in this jacket.

Yeah, my friend who lives in Vancouver was complaining about the cold.  Never mind that it's also mind bogglingly cold here in NYC as well.  Stupid wind!

You like hockey and you live in NYC? You're like a younger version of me! You can be Emma and I'll be your Regina. Oh wait.... Forget I ever said.

Based on some tumblr posts from Steveston, it sounds like there's alot of extras running around and such so I wouldn't be surprised if there are villains who are unleashed, even perhaps one from under the library whom we all thought was dead. Also, it sounds like security tries to discourage fans from taking photos while they're actually shooting, which makes me think those photos today are not from actual scenes but rather the actors waiting to shoot something so I wouldn't put much thought into what they're doing in the photos.

And finally, Scott Foster posted a photo today of him with Elizabeth Lail and Georgina Haig in LA so I'm assuming that once again just confirms that the Frozen cast aren't in Canada anymore. :(

• Love 1

Spoiler speculation from CaptainCronut:

I have an idea but it’s just a thought and I no idea if it’s actually true.

But I think it’s Malificent in dragon form bursting out of the library. We already know that she’s gonna be in this part of the season so. And people are sort of running away from the library.

• Love 5
You like hockey and you live in NYC?

I live in NYC, but I was born and raised in fabulous Canada! 

You're like a younger version of me! You can be Emma and I'll be your Regina. Oh wait.... Forget I ever said.

No takesies backsies!  I saw it and now I can't unsee it ;)

• Love 2

The mention of the darkness in Snow's heart in one of those links, combined with Snow in jail, makes me think that the dreaded "black spot" is going to come back into focus for the climax. Man, A&E LOVE to crap on Snow and her family to make Regina look better. 

• Love 2

The mention of the darkness in Snow's heart in one of those links, combined with Snow in jail, makes me think that the dreaded "black spot" is going to come back into focus for the climax. Man, A&E LOVE to crap on Snow and her family to make Regina look better.

Oh my gosh... if that's the case, I'm going to slam my head against Glinda's door. Repeatedly. I thought we "resolved" this plot hole already.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh... if that's the case, I'm going to slam my head against Glinda's door. Repeatedly. I thought we "resolved" this plot hole already.

Why..Snow is only interesting when she is Bandit Snow or in a really, really irritable mood! Let's up she goes "bad," and the only way to contain her is to put her in the pokey!

From watching the show and those pictures, they need to put Hook back in his leather get up with the high collar. It must have had padded shoulders as he looks just a bit too "petite," now....(which makes me hope he has to share a cell with Bad Snow..."Hey pretty boy, I got some ciggies for you but first your gonna have to do somehting for Mama!")

A&E said that Snow's Dark Spot will be mentioned in the Show during a couple of the pre-season interviews, right? They also reminded the viewers of it last episode. So, it's got to come back into play. :-p

Unless that mention of the dark spot in this latest episode was what they meant by it coming up again. They've done things like that before, say something in interviews that makes you think it's going to be a major plot element, and then it turns out to be a throwaway line.

• Love 1

Spoiler speculation from CaptainCronut:

I have an idea but it’s just a thought and I no idea if it’s actually true.

But I think it’s Malificent in dragon form bursting out of the library. We already know that she’s gonna be in this part of the season so. And people are sort of running away from the library.

Oh please, Malificent, take out Belle along the way.  I will support your reign of evil if you can just take 10 seconds to set her on fire.

• Love 2

CaptainCronut:

They r shooting a scene with lana and jared now. Lana hugs him and he gets into a school bus.

They are shooting a really cute Captain Swan kiss right now!!!

Pics.

It looks in the last pic like Colin is playing peek-a-boo with the cameraman around the corner, LOL.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

They are shooting a really cute Captain Swan kiss right now!!!

So he gets to live and keep his girlfirend. That's nothing to sneeze at when you made a deal with the devil until death and he took your heart ast the last ingredient for a spell he's been working on for centuries.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

This says a lot.  This explains how Snow and her Mother telling secrets is worse than, you know, just killing people.

I'm actually very curious how they are going to play the Shattered Sight curse.  Its either going to be cathartic or show quitting annoying.

• Love 1

So he gets to live and keep his girlfirend. That's nothing to sneeze at when you made a deal with the devil until death and he took your heart ast the last ingredient he's been working on for centuries.

And he's hanging out with the enemy's wife as well. 

This says a lot.  This explains how Snow and her Mother telling secrets is worse than, you know, just killing people.

I'm actually very curious how they are going to play the Shattered Sight curse.  Its either going to be cathartic or show quitting annoying.

Judging by the fact that one of the writer tweeted that they laughed a lot (and cried a little) while watching the ep, I'm going to go with Annoying for $500, Alex. They seem to be playing it for laughs, which, UGH.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I knew that CS being angsty and OQ happy at mid season would mean that CS end the season happy and OQ... well, Robin is MIA, so I'm gonna say angsty. Surely if they were together he's appear in the premiere, where they set up the season.

• Love 1

I'm optimistic about it, since all the other Shattered Sight moments in S4 have been awesome. (Mirror Belle, Shattered Anna, Snow Queen talking to Emma about her parents, etc.) I'm very interested in seeing what Snow is going to say. Who knows what Regina will say that she doesn't say already...

Edited by KingOfHearts