Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So I got that DQ is going to try and pin Emma and Elsa against each other which I think will be interesting and of course they had to ask the obligatory question of who Robin should end up with because every interviewer has to ask that and the actors have to answer because they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Mm... well, here I'm getting my hopes up, but those tweets sound suspiciously MRJ-like. If he could have, wouldn't he have tweeted: "Looking forward to coming back to Vancouver next week [or whenever] to shoot more Once?" - he's always tweeted about when he was working before.

However, the fact that he's being allowed to go off and shoot a movie means that they aren't going to bump him to regular for 4B, either (Colin officially became a regular in 2B, for example, so it's not unheard of). 

He also answered "I can't say" to someone asking if he was leaving OUAT. Wow, this does look suspicious.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

Maybe somebody more bold and audacious than Regina walked by, like Hitler or Pol Pot or some such, and Robin was compelled to follow and romance them.

They don't have breasts.  I think he'd see them as tyrants.

Maybe Elizabeth Bathory or Delphine LaLaurie? 

• Love 2
Mm... well, here I'm getting my hopes up, but those tweets sound suspiciously MRJ-like.

Please don't raise my hopes :( I mean, it was a bit suspicious that the whole Marian being back drama was resolved so quickly and without much fanfare (even if it's not the final resolution), but still, they've wasted way too much time on OQ to just part with it. Maybe Robin will take Marian's place as the frozen guy. So we'll get Regina's angst as if he was dead, but he's still not dead! Oh joy.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

Guys, I've cracked the case. Sean is leaving the show, but Robin is not - he's becoming a woman to finally give Regina the lesbian romance the Internets have been clamoring for (related: Kristin is the worst).

Ugh. You mean Wanda, who then revealed her real name was Kristen? I can't believe she is still employed. We laughed at her ridiculousness years ago when I was in The Office fandom.

I'm not too worried about Sean going off to film a movie. To be fair, he's only been in maybe half the episodes so far this season so it wouldn't be that surprising for him to take a few weeks off. Although this does smack a little of the MRJ now that we have this "someone is gonna die!" spoiler floating out there again. But then again, MRJ was getting more screen time at the time than Sean is getting now.

Seems like Elsa got the DQ treatment. She seemed a little snippier than expected for what Anna did. She shouldn't have lied, obviously, but that reaction seemed a little intense knowing how Elsa knows Anna. Paranoid, much?

Considering the promo photos we got of Elsa and Anna standing together outside of the cell, I think the sneak peek is a red herring. Quite convenient to dismiss the guards so she can be alone with her sister, no? If anything, I really hope that this parallels with Emma knowing what's going on with Hook but making other people -- i.e. Gold -- think she has no clue. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 2
Seems like Elsa got the DQ treatment. She seemed a little snippier than expected for what Anna did. She shouldn't have lied, obviously, but that reaction seemed a little intense knowing how Elsa knows Anna. Paranoid, much?

I don't think she's being paranoid personally, I think she's playing a role.  She's all snippy with her sister, she's yelling at her in front of the guards.  She looks pretty much done and then instead of leaving, she dismisses them.  I think DQ is expecting Anna and Elsa to just turn on each other like Gerda turned on her.

DQ seems to be one step ahead of everyone anyway, so whatever plan the sisters come up with is probably going to blow up in their faces.  It's gonna get Anna coffered and Elsa put in the urn.  I'm more convinced that the whole ribbon wearing is going part of a long con and that Hook's mission is to get the hat away from Rumple in order to get rid of DQ.

I agree the sneak peek scene is a ruse.

I don't even want to talk about Sean going to London. That will just make me hope for die, Robin, die actually coming true then I will end up all disappointed.

The Elizabeth Mitchell interview is wonderful. She didn't actually give away many spoilers, and nothing major, but I feel like I got so much new information. Plus she just seems generally delightful. I will stop fangirl-ing now but I wish more of the actors would give costume information, character choices, and fun discussion of their characters in interviews.

So from her comment about Ingrid losing interest in Emma if she lost her powers, I wonder if that is why she and Elsa have the ribbons? Right now Emma is out of control and wants to get rid of her powers. Since the ribbons represented the sisters' bond to protect Ingrid and her powers, maybe for Emma they can help her control hers. Same for Elsa. I can't see Emma and Elsa committing to her 'more powerful together' family idea but they might take the ribbons as a stopgap measure until they can figure out a plan.

I am looking forward to more Regina. Preferably it will be time with Henry or helping to deal with Ingrid (seriously, it's like Regina and Henry are on a separate show from the Snow Queen fight) rather than Outlaw Queen angst, but I would really just take more Regina on screen. It was sweet of Elizabeth to mention other actors on the show. Wasn't Marion seen filming for this ep or the next? Maybe they figure out how to unfreeze her this ep. That would be a serious wrinkle- Regina and Robin spend the night together and the next day they wake Marion up. Then hopefully Regina can get out of the crypt and back to magic and shit-stirring.

More Regina in the extra-hour! Joy... :-p

EM is hilarious! And diplomatic answer about OQ.

I don't think Robin is going to die. At this point, I don't know what would be more painful to watch--OQ scenes, or Regina whining about Robin's death.

I too think Elsa shouting at Anna was a ruse, but DQ probably figures it out real quick.

I too think Elsa shouting at Anna was a ruse, but DQ probably figures it out real quick.

Probably around the time she's asking Elsa to do something to her sister and Elsa refuses to hurt her.  Normal people wouldn't hurt those they love even if they have a falling out, but psychos have high expectations. 

• Love 1

Yeah. In some of the promo pics, like this and this is pretty obvious that Elsa is not really mad at Anna. What I wonder if they are going to do something similar with Hook and Emma, or if with them it's going to be just contrived angst. Probably the second option.

What I wonder if they are going to do something similar with Hook and Emma, or if with them it's going to be just contrived angst.

I figure that Ingrid is going to have to get him out of the picture somehow, as the supportive boyfriend who loves Emma unconditionally and believes in her magic even when she doesn't contradicts Ingrid's "non-magical people can't love us" narrative, and the fact that he's apparently missing from the joyous reunion/spellbreaking scene supports this guess. Emma's history has given her two big fears for her relationships, that they'll either die or abandon her. I don't think Hook will be obviously killed right in front of her because that wouldn't back up Ingrid's worldview and would just make Emma mad. But it would be hard to turn Hook against Emma or to make her believe he's abandoned or betrayed her as long as he's in any way present. So a likely scenario would be for him to be killed/imprisoned/cursed but hidden out of the way so it looks to Emma like he's walked out on her. Hopefully, she'd still have enough faith in him and remember that nothing, not even time and space, have managed to keep him away from her so that she doesn't buy it and knows there's a problem.

I'm not even going to get my hopes up about losing Robin. I think I could even deal with Regina's Worst Pain Ever if we didn't have to have scenes of him being all "conflicted" about being torn between the woman who made him a better man and gave up everything for him and the woman who imprisoned, tortured and would have executed his wife. Robin's dead to me anyway. He might as well be dead on the show.

I would think that the "watch with the whole family" audience isn't going to be happy about a morning-after scene in an adulterous relationship involving someone who's a legendary hero cheating on his legendary true love, and I'm not sure the "oh, they were just playing chess all night" argument will fly. How do you explain to your kids that Robin Hood is cheating on Maid Marian?

• Love 3

Rumple gets sucked into the hat, and then deposited out powerless on Sesame Street. Unable to leave, he's forced to interact with Cookie Monster, Elmo, Big Bird, and the rest of the gang and learn about the letter D and the number 4.  Watch as he swindles Cookie out of his cookies and Oscar out of his beloved trash-can. 

• Love 2

Rumple gets sucked into the hat, and then deposited out powerless on Sesame Street. Unable to leave, he's forced to interact with Cookie Monster, Elmo, Big Bird, and the rest of the gang and learn about the letter D and the number 4. Watch as he swindles Cookie out of his cookies and Oscar out of his beloved trash-can.

I'd watch that show!

• Love 3
while Elsa has a big hole in her memory and comes out a magical mess.

I'm actually wondering if the spell Grand Pabbie cast, to make Arendelle forget about Elsa and Anna, somehow makes everyone forget about the Snow Queen once they're away from her long enough. It pings my radar that both young Emma and Elsa forgot about her after being away from her for a while. Maybe that's part of the reason she's so bonkers...if they're separated from her for more than like 2 days, everyone she knows forgets her.

Probably not, but there does seem to be a weird trail of "and then they forgot she existed" that follows the Snow Queen.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

Another script tease.

I've actually been wondering for awhile if it won't be Regina that convinces Emma not to give up her powers. Regina is generally pro-magic and generally's pro-Emma's magic. It would continue on from the whole "You're the only other one who understands me" stuff in the Emma/Regina episode. And the writers do love having Regina save the day. Of course, it would annoy me, but I would rather have her save the day on this one than be the one who defeats DQ. 

if they're separated from her for more than like 2 days, everyone she knows forgets her.

I thought that at first but she doesn't want Emma or Elsa to regain their memories of her. That indicates to me that she took away their memories on purpose. I had to laugh last episode when she casually said all families have ups and downs when Emma asked about the stolen memories. I hope they tell us how she got that power. Did she shrink Grand Pabbie and is toting him around in her pocket?

I love EM. Everytime anyone asks her about feeling sorry and rooting for DQ she's like "What? No. She's a villain and bad. Feel sorry for her cause life sucks but take that psycho down."

I might be alone but I hope Robin sticks around. He's like a sieve to the slug's black hole. It can't completely stop all the souls getting sucked in and dying there but it slows it down. When he's around, others get a chance to climb out of the black hole temporarily.

• Love 3
Serena, on 13 Nov 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Guys, I've cracked the case. Sean is leaving the show, but Robin is not - he's becoming a woman to finally give Regina the lesbian romance the Internets have been clamoring for (related: Kristin is the worst).

Lily Sparks over at TV.com is pretty bad too. She's SwanQueen all the way. I decided to give up reading her recaps on that account (If you're not into it, you're just a fckin' homophobe is strongly implied). TBH, I can't in good conscience ship Regina with anyone. She's bleedin' toxic.

OTOH, I really do hope we see more of Mulan.

I love EM. Everytime anyone asks her about feeling sorry and rooting for DQ she's like "What? No. She's a villain and bad. Feel sorry for her cause life sucks but take that psycho down."

I imagine Kitsis and Horowitz reading her interviews and shaking their heads, appalled, just totalled appalled that Mitchell doesn't realize what a damaged precious wounded baby snowflake (no pun intended) Ingrid is, and how can you not feel sorry for her and want her to have all the white magic and never be called to account for any of her crimes and gain a "soulmate" who will overlook little things like murder? Doesn't she see the ~CREATIVE VISION at work here???

• Love 1

I had to laugh last episode when she casually said all families have ups and downs when Emma asked about the stolen memories. 

In fairness, erasing people's memories does seem to be a pretty run-of-the-mill event in Arendelle. 

• Love 2

Another script tease.

I've actually been wondering for awhile if it won't be Regina that convinces Emma not to give up her powers. Regina is generally pro-magic and generally's pro-Emma's magic. It would continue on from the whole "You're the only other one who understands me" stuff in the Emma/Regina episode. And the writers do love having Regina save the day. Of course, it would annoy me, but I would rather have her save the day on this one than be the one who defeats DQ.

God, I hope not. I have thought the same after reading it. But it would be awful, totally out of the blue, andd just more fuel to the Swan Queen shippers. But it's something the writers would do.

• Love 1

If it is Regina, I think I might just give up on the show then and there. That would be so gag-worthy and nothing but Evil Regal and SQ pandering. They do love having Regina swoop in and save the day, though. Ugh. Just ugh.

• Love 1

Hmm. Seems everyone is going to be talking about Emma this episode. First Snowing and now Henry and Regina. Cripes. I hope tomorrow's script tease won't be Belle and Rumple doing the same.

That script tease made me think Regina may step in too but because of Henry. She has been really trying with him lately, both to be a mother and generally a grown up person. He has always had an incredible amount of faith in her, IMO the kind that is unique to mother/child (which I think also ties into Snow's Regina sized blind spot but that's a different thread). When she gets him to tell her, I think he will feel like he caused the problem, or at least made it much worse. Wanting to fix things for your child is a very natural response and it would do double duty by reinforcing his love and faith in her. If he feels like he caused this or asks her to help Emma, I would be shocked if she didn't intervene.

Hmm. Seems everyone is going to be talking about Emma this episode. First Snowing and now Henry and Regina. Cripes. I hope tomorrow's script tease won't be Belle and Rumple doing the same.

Ha! With everyone talking about Emma after her explosion...I just imagined that all this time the Storybrookers have been running an underground betting pool of when Emma would finally just freaking snap.

*Grumpy runs into Granny's diner* --  "Listen up, everyone! Emma finally lost her shit! Who called Nov. 9? 'cause you won the pool!"

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 4

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong), but weren't Rumple and Hook taping together for 409?  Didn't we get a pic with Hook holding the hat in his hand?

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about this. Which surely makes it unlikely that Hook actually comes clean with Emma about the whole hand debacle when trying to talk her out of letting Gold take her magic, because what incentive would he have to keep working with Rumple the following episode once she knows?

Edited by retrograde

I assume this Henry-Regina chat is before his run in Emma?

Ha! With everyone talking about Emma after her explosion...I just imagined that all this time the Storybrookers have been running an underground betting pool of when Emma would finally just freaking snap.

*Grumpy runs into Granny's diner* -- "Listen up, everyone! Emma finally lost her shit! Who called Nov. 9? 'cause you won the pool!"

Hee. Now I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get some snarky line from Grumpy.

I think Henry will try to hide the fact that Emma hurt him when he tried to help her, because he's afraid of Regina's reaction. But Regina will surprise him by being supportive of Emma (not killing her), and not afraid of her magic. Thus, she'll prove she is Emma's true friend, as opposed to her parents who fear her (Shhh... no one mention Hook or Elsa, or Charming's lack of fear). I can totally see the writers going there to prove how much of a saint Regina is. :-p

• Love 1

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about this. Which surely makes it unlikely that Hook actually comes clean with Emma about the whole hand debacle when trying to talk her out of letting Gold take her magic, because what incentive would he have to keep working with Rumple the following episode once she knows?

Maybe they (Hook and Emma) are trying to play a ruse on Rumple, like Anna and Elsa seem to be trying to do with the DQ in the sneak peek. In both cases with terrible consequences.

Who I'm kidding? Of course he is not going to come clean, showing that Regina is Emma's only friend and the only one who cares about her.

Edited by RadioGirl27

He's conning him?  He wants to take the hat from him?  I refuse and I mean refuse to think he doesn't have something else going especially since he knows Rumple and DQ have a past. 

• Love 1

So about this. Anna keeping the hat secret from Elsa and the things she learned while she was in the Enchanted Forest. Interesting. Too much to hope that Hook's secret is finally out in the open as well?

I would love nothing more than for Hook and Emma to be playing a ruse, which means they actually won't and it'll just be contrived angst. Even though the writers will set up a perfect parallel between Anna-lying-to-Elsa and Hook-lying-to-Emma, they'll somehow finish this episode by having Elsa understand that Anna would never try to hurt her as they come up with a plan to stop the Snow Queen, but Emma will probably do the opposite - freak out and break up with Hook.

Also, I haven't seen this posted yet: Sneak Peek. Emma asks Gold for some help.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Also, I haven't seen this posted yet:

. Emma asks Gold for some help.

Poor Emma! So Gold had that spell conveniently there just when Emma came to ask him for help? Offering to get rid of her magic permanantly was an extreme solution instead offering her to help control her powers. I think he's playing a deeper game.

• Love 1
So Gold had that spell conveniently there just when Emma came to ask him for help? Offering to get rid of her magic permanantly was an extreme solution instead offering her to help control her powers. I think he's playing a deeper game.

Yeah, way to not even hide your sketchy behavior, Rumple. Oh, you want me to help with your powers? Let me wander 5 steps over to my desk where I have a randomly folded piece of paper inside a book that just happens to be an ancient spell that can rid people of light magic if they choose to let go of it. How convenient.

I bet that paper isn't even a spell, its probably just some grocery list written in another language or something. Rumple is playing Emma like a fiddle just like he did with Hook.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Ah, the convenient ancient spell that only removes LIGHT magic tucked in the top book of a stack conveniently lying on the counter within convenient arms reach.

I do actually watch this show for silly, convenient goofy moments.

It delivers.

Rumple is prepared because I bet he's the one who sent Henry to Emma. He banked on Emma hurting Henry and that she'd come running to him.

Now that is some classic Rumple manipulation I can get on board with.

• Love 1

That's so stupid how he was like "there's only ever ONE WAY". So what Zelena's did last season was, what, chopped liver? I bet Gold could do the (reversible) spell Zelena did with his eyes closed. And if he had the opportunity to curse any body part of Hook in the meantime, all the better.

I thought it was interesting that Emma said Rumple should help her because she'd just hurt Henry.  Gold doesn't care a wit about Henry, he wanted to kill him up until the end of 3a, he only stopped because he got distracted by Papa Pan.

The convenience of the "light magic go away forever" spell just sitting in a book on the counter is ridiculous.  Why wouldn't Emma go to Regina about her magic being out of control?  Emma knows there always a price with Gold, it make no sense.  It also make no sense that suddenly Emma's magic is leaking out of her hands at every turn.  If it's that tied to her emotions, how does she not zap Hook in every kiss or her family everytime there's an emotional reunion?  She's just conveniently out of control at this point.

I'll just leave this here...

Things get hot and steamy between Regina and Robin.

This part did intrigue me though:

[The audience] will also see Regina and Gold again and they have a beautiful conversation together in her car. He comes in and they just start chatting it up and there’s a beautiful kinship between them, a friendship, an old sort of familial bond between them...

I'm guessing this scene happens in the finale because she mentioned Bobby and her didn't share a scene together until Episode 11.

Edited by Curio

Ugh. Well, whatever, them doing an OQ hot and steamy scene just means they're willing to do them, and they'll do it with CS when it's time. #positivethinking #stillgross At least the SQers freaking out about "adultery" should be entertaining.

• Love 5

The convenience of the "light magic go away forever" spell just sitting in a book on the counter is ridiculous.  Why wouldn't Emma go to Regina about her magic being out of control?  Emma knows there always a price with Gold, it make no sense.  It also make no sense that suddenly Emma's magic is leaking out of her hands at every turn.  If it's that tied to her emotions, how does she not zap Hook in every kiss or her family everytime there's an emotional reunion?  She's just conveniently out of control at this point.

At this point nothing makes sense, it's just a contrived plot point after another. A&E just throw there any idea they have without putting much thought into it, and, definitely, without considering if it makes sense or not. And we never get a pay off from any of them.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

People hating because Emma didn't go to Regina? Emma is about getting rid of her magic here, not controlling it. Gold is the only one who can do what she's asking so it makes sense.

I still think Gold will be the one to point Henry to Emma to escalate things. Emma hurting Henry would shut down her rational thinking to notice that Gold is prepared to take her magic. She's already a mess because of the DQ, Snow, and hurting Charming.

It's interesting that he mentions taking light magic. Does that suggest she'd still have magic but it would be dark only?

I know it doesn't matter as we know Emma will not lose her magic permanently but I can't stop speculating anyway. Stupid show.

I also wonder how Emma's magic would leave her? I mean is Rumple going to have the hat activated to suck it in? That would certainly be a potent addition to the hat without actually trapping Emma inside.

• Love 1

Arghh now Rumple has to prop St. Anchor too? He should still be holding a grudge for keeping Belle locked up for ages. I hope he's buttering her up just so he can shiv her.

Ignoring Zelena's curse bugs. I would've laughed off the contrivance if Emma had been like, can't you curse Hook's lips again or something? Then we would've gotten Rumple's epic look of disgust.

• Love 4

Ugh. I don't know why I read that interview.

She's made amends with Emma and Snow? She forgave Emma after that speech in the vault? Whaaaat?

Steamy? Please no. Just no.

The only thing I liked was that she kept saying the DQ is not her battle. Hope that's true and no last minute step in to save the day.

• Love 1