Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Yeah--but Rumple's so not going to let that one go. 

Of course he won't.  Can't expect anything else from Rumple because he's basically an unapologetic asshole.  But Hook goes to him basically in good fate, you know.  He's not looking for personal gain or anything like that.  He's just trying to help and do the right thing I guess. 

• Love 1

Oh Rumple and SQ know each other (which isn't surprising ) but that he knows the SQ knew kid Emma? That is interesting. I'm going to revise my thought that the sorcerer's hat story was completely separate from the Frozen one then. Ok I think both Rumple's and SQ's end goal is to steal Emma/Elsa's power. I hope there's a big showdown with the Frozen cast and Emma vs Rumple and SQ with Anna bringing the funny.

But this begs the question, why isn't Rumple pissed at the SQ that she managed to get to land of no magic with no big complicated curse that made him wait 28 years?

I'm not a big Hook/Emma couple fan but that line about his cellphone with the Emma button sounds cute.

Of course he won't.  Can't expect anything else from Rumple because he's basically an unapologetic asshole.  But Hook goes to him basically in good fate, you know.  He's not looking for personal gain or anything like that.  He's just trying to help and do the right thing I guess. 

True. And who better than Hook (or Regina) to know that Rumple would have deceived Belle about the Dagger.

But this begs the question, why isn't Rumple pissed at the SQ that she managed to get to land of no magic with no big complicated curse that made him wait 28 years?

Maybe he wrote her in the curse to be outside of Storybrooke.  He created the curse, so he could basically do whatever he wants.

• Love 1

I hope there's a big showdown with the Frozen cast and Emma vs Rumple and SQ with Anna bringing the funny.

What I would do to see a multi-person magic showdown against Rumple and the Snow Queen. I keep getting bad memories of the "showdowns" in 3B though.

Maybe he wrote her in the curse to be outside of Storybrooke.  He created the curse, so he could basically do whatever he wants.

Theory: He sent the Snow Queen to make sure Emma gets to Storybrooke.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm trying to get the Rumpy and Snow Queen timeline to make sense (a futile exercise at best, I know).

Apparently, the Snow Queen knows Emma from pre-Storybrooke (Storybrooke version 1.0) days. That means the Snow Queen was outside of The Curse 1.0 bubble and The Cora Dome and walking around a Land Without Magic. Okay, fine. But, how does Rumpy know that the Snow Queen met Emma before Emma arrived in Storybrooke 1.0?

Rumpy was a (willing) captive of Snowing right until Emma was born, and then he was cursed along with everyone else in Storybrooke 1.0 for 28 years. Since the Snow Queen wasn't part of Curse 1.0 she was never in Storybrooke, but she's there now (compliments of Curse 2.0), where approximately only 2 weeks have passed since Curse 2.0 that brought the Snow Queen and everyone else back, during which Rumpy was Zelena's captive. So when exactly did Rumpy cross paths with Snow Queen so that he knows she met Emma? Did Rumpy and Snow Queen have a tea date sometime after Rumpy was freed from Zelena's grasp (but before his honeymoon) and catch-up on old times? I'm assuming hoping this will make sense at some point down the line, but right now I don't see how Rumpy knows that the Snow Queen has a connection to Emma.

Edited by regularlyleaded

Yeah, the only way it really makes sense is if Rumpel sent the Snow Queen to the Land Without Magic to keep tabs on baby Emma...BUT then why didn't he just go himself to the Land Without Magic and find Neal?

Exactly, stealinghome. If he has that power why not go himself. As of right now, this does not compute (to me).

(edited)

Her coming would require the Curse to be enacted.

How so? You mean something like the wardrobe sent August and Emma through after the curse was enacted? (do we even know the curse had to be active for the wardrobe to work? I'm not sure that was ever established. It seems as if Geppetto finished in the nick of time and not that they were all waiting for the curse to be enacted to use it).

Even still, Rumpy could've left his cell at any time. Regina enacted The Curse and it took ages for it to sweep across the land. Regina had time to ride here little wagon of evil across the land, slither into Snowing's castle, and still had enough time leftover to gloat about enacting the curse. Slowest. Curse. Ever. Rumpy could've escaped the dungeon at any point during that time using the squid ink parchment and poofed himself out of there. So I still don't see why he would send someone else instead of going himself.

So I still don't see why he would send someone else instead of going himself.

If he knew Emma could escape the curse to the Land Without Magic, why didn't he use it for himself? My guess is he was following his prophecies. It's all just a theory though.

Loved Snow Queen's false kind demeanor in her scene with the Hoods. I think I'm really going to like Elizabeth Mitchell.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

If he knew Emma could escape the curse to the Land Without Magic, why didn't he use it for himself? My guess is he was following his prophecies.

Except they've shown he was pursuing other avenues like The Ruby Slippers and Magic Beans to get himself to Bae. Why bother with any of that if Rumpy was never going to make use of it? It's a waste of time, energy and resources.

...And now I think I've given this more thought than it will ever deserve.

(I think that recap was written by someone who wasn't actually at the screening, but has just based it on what others have reported)

Aaaaages ago I said something like I really hope they have Hook ineptly trying to explain modern technology to the other non-cursed folk. Thanks for delivering, show!

• Love 2

I think I could get behind a version of this show that is just Hook struggling with technology, hanging out with Charming, and making out with Emma. 

I'm kind of amused by the fact that A&E are acting like they want to keep close to the Frozen story. They want it to be that way! Uh huh. A very likely story. You know it kills them not to be able to make their own twist on things.

Edited by doxamully

Yeah I'm not sure it makes sense for the SQ to be Rumple's lackey. What's in it for her? At this point Rumple didn't know about Emma's magic so he couldn't even use that as a bribe. She also arrives circa Emma's teen years if they are using the actress they used for S3finale for young Emma. If it was to keep tabs on Emma it'd make better sense to have her there from the beginning or closer to her 28th no? We also see her step out of a door which I'm guessing is her method of travel, not the curse.

I'd also like a magical being that is as powerful as Rumple and one that wasn't his lackey. EM has the gravitas to pull off being Rumple's equal.

And now that I think about it, it can't be them wanting Emma/Elsa's magic. Rumple knows he could just curse Hook's lips again and for Elsa, there's Anna and Kristoff to bargain with. Man everyone else needs to stop doing interviews. They are worthless. Robert should field all the interviews from now on.

Oooooh if that's the case then my bad! I am happy to take it down, I don't wanna spread mis-information. If figures since I'm all for spoilers, but I don't want a full episode spoiler (that's too much for me) that I would miss that piece seeing as I was just trying to see if the kiss was still there.

I don't think there's anything wrong in there (not that I've seen the episode). Just there are some gaps there, and that's why.

I too am super looking forward to Rumple facing off with the Snow Queen. Crazy magical shenanigans, goddamn it, that is what I want to see on this show -- not endless romantic angst and drama.

• Love 1

What we need to know is where in time the Snow Queen was freed from the urn and how long Elsa was in the urn.  It must've taken place prior to Snow Falls and some how SQ escaped the first curse.  Perhaps she was just outside of the curse or in the Coradome or she had her own Snowglobedome?

Rumple can supposedly see the future, perhaps he knew that SQ and Emma would intersect at some point?  Perhaps he's been stopping in for ice cream since he's been freed and they got to chatting?

I'm sure it ticked Rumple off to have Hook call his bluff with the dagger.  Hook's quite perceptive, isn't he?  I can only imagine the revenge he'll want on him for that.  I still can't figure out how Hook will work with Rumple with Emma's blessing.  If she's that torn to pieces over possibly losing him after one icicle incident, how could she think it's a good idea for them to work together?

Do we know why SQ freezes Marian's heart?  It seems kinda random.  I also think that just removing Marian's heart wouldn't work because the heart would still be frozen.

I'm not surprised that one of Emma's hesitations (because there has to be more to it) about being in a relationship with Hook is that he could possibly die.  I guess this confirms that Walsh actually died?  Considering Emma and Neal hadn't been a couple for 11 years, I'm not sure why his death has bearing on whether future suitors would die.  And Graham, poor Graham.  They weren't in a relationship!  They had 1 kiss and then he keeled over because Regina was jealous.  I get that she had feelings for him, but they only knew each other for a short period of time and shared one kiss--she was never "with" him.

• Love 1

Do we know why SQ freezes Marian's heart?  It seems kinda random.  I also think that just removing Marian's heart wouldn't work because the heart would still be frozen.

She says "there's no problem ice cream can't fix" (or something to that effect) so I wonder if she can actually sense what the problem is with Robin and Marian and is, in her evil way, fixing it? Or maybe she somehow saw the whole showdown with the snow monster, and knows Marian was the last to face off with him, and she's trying to set Elsa up. 

Re: her heart being frozen, I think the way it works is that the freeze moves through her body, eventually reaching her heart and killing her. So by taking her heart out, it can't do that. That is actually a kind of clever combination of the two heart mythologies from the two stories, I think. Eddy and Adam said they couldn't resist the parallels between them, so I'd been trying to work out what they would do, but my mind never went there. 

If anyone wants a really comprehensive rundown of 4.03, this is such a rundown.

Edited by retrograde

Hook and Emma's kiss is apparently a spinning 360 degree shot a la Snowing when the curse broke.

I like that Hook's blackmail starts off with good intentions, but to me it all comes down to how he gets his hand back. If Rumple offers it to him (probably with a curse on it) to keep his mouth shit, that's one thing, but Hook asking for it is another. Someone better remark on how creepy it is that Rumple's had the hand all this time.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised that one of Emma's hesitations (because there has to be more to it) about being in a relationship with Hook is that he could possibly die.  I guess this confirms that Walsh actually died?  Considering Emma and Neal hadn't been a couple for 11 years, I'm not sure why his death has bearing on whether future suitors would die.  And Graham, poor Graham.  They weren't in a relationship!  They had 1 kiss and then he keeled over because Regina was jealous.  I get that she had feelings for him, but they only knew each other for a short period of time and shared one kiss--she was never "with" him.

But there are two major factors here. First, who they were in her life. Her romantic relationship with Neal may have been over, but he was still the father of her son, and now Henry is without a dad he never really got a chance to know. And Emma is the sheriff of this town because she replaced Graham. A major way of how she defines herself in Storybrooke is still tied to him and that obviously means something considering she still has his boot lace around her wrist. And she was actually considering marrying Walsh before he turned into a monkey. It may have been a contrived relationship for him but it was real for her.

The other issue is the magic. All three men died at the hands of a woman with powerful magic. And we see Hook in the previews with his life threatened by a woman with powerful magic. So there are definitely parallels -- this isn't just some shoehorned excuse the writers threw in with no background.

• Love 2

It's not just the shoelace from Graham she still wears.  His jacket is still there at the station like he's just out on an errand or something.  So it really does seem as though Emma is having a difficult time with those deaths and with reason, really.  I think she's sort of had to bounce back immediately after all these guys because of her son and because crisis at hand.

Hook and Emma's kiss is apparently a spinning 360 degree shot a la Snowing when the curse broke.

I was going to wait until Monday to watch so that I can skip over certain things (triangle of doom for one thing), but really between the cellphone bit, David/Emma having these talks, Elsa/Hook, Emma voicing her fears (finally!)...  I think I'll do my nails during the Regina scenes because then I'm not paying attention to what's on screen.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

Except they've shown he was pursuing other avenues like The Ruby Slippers and Magic Beans to get himself to Bae. Why bother with any of that if Rumpy was never going to make use of it? It's a waste of time, energy and resources.

...And now I think I've given this more thought than it will ever deserve.

You and me, both.  The thing I always come back to is after going down these different paths for hundreds of years, essentially wasting time as you say, how/why did he think Bae would still be alive?  He didn't know he went to Neverland and stopped aging for a long time.  Bae was a human with a normal lifespan as far as Rumple knew.  That never made sense to me.  There should have been some more time urgency on Rumple's part.

I like how the clip cuts out right before Robin kisses her. Come on now, does anyone actually think it's going to work knowing these writers?

Wouldn't the ice get in the way of a TLK?

I think David mentions something like that. But all I can picture is A Christmas Story fiasco where Robin's tongue gets stuck to the ice and everyone awkwardly walks away.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I bet Robin stops before touching her lips. "Oh wait, that pixie dust means Regina is my true love!" Too bad it's not the TLK failure from Enchanted. That would be funny.

Wouldn't the ice get in the way of a TLK?

Edited by KingOfHearts

I could see ice not mattering in a TLK, much as Snow being mostly-dead didn't matter when Charming laid it on her back in the day. Frederick being covered with metal and Belle and Emma having no memories seem like much bigger barriers than more "organic" obstructions.

I have a new idea. I think Hook =apprentice. Rumple needs someone without magic to use the hat. Using the hat probably comes with a price and he is not going to let belle pay that price . If hook goes mad or is burnt out from channeling all that magic, all the better from Rumple's view. He knows hook will do anything to protect Emma.

Edited by kitticup

What if it is Hook that pushes Rumple through the Hat to protect Emma or something like that? Then Belle will go after him in 4B, and Emma will be mad at Hook for reverting to his pirate-side, etc., etc..

What if it is Hook that pushes Rumple through the Hat to protect Emma or something like that? Then Belle will go after him in 4B, and Emma will be mad at Hook for reverting to his pirate-side, etc., etc..

Nah if anyone is getting pushed in the hat it's the snow queen.

I like how the clip cuts out right before Robin kisses her. Come on now, does anyone actually think it's going to work knowing these writers?

Does Robin pull away before performing the kiss, because some spoilers indicate that Robin does not kiss Marian? Why can't anyone let Roland try? The instinctive mother-child bond is overridden by Roland's preference for ice-cream buying Regina? And how does that kid even know to use Regina as leverage? He could just as well have said that his dad let him eat ice cream. 

Adam just posted that 409 is titled "Fall". Jane wrote it. Since the director is Mario Van Peebles, that means the filming pics from the last few days (where he was present) were from 409, not 408.

• Love 1

Ep. 9 title.

That’s a generic word to speculate about its meaning.

Somebody falls into the hat? Fall in love? Fall of the glass shards after the mirror is smashed? Fall as in autumn? (There’s an Autumn Robber in the Snow Queen live-action movie.)

Edited by Souris

Hmm... Fall from Grace? The episode where the sh*t hits the fan for Rumple? 

Re: Marian, is Regina going to keep saving Marian's life every other episode as some penance for killing her in an alternate timeline? 

• Love 1
Re: Marian, is Regina going to keep saving Marian's life every other episode as some penance for killing her in an alternate timeline?

You know, I could actually get on-board with this as a sort of running gag on the show! Like in the background of David and Snow walking up Main Street and having a conversation, you see Regina hit Marian with a flying tackle to get her out of the way of a runaway car. In the background of Hook and Emma talking outside Granny's, you see Marian slip on the stairs and Regina swoop in to catch her and prevent her fall. Etc etc. ;)

• Love 6

I thought Marian was going to be kept in stasis along with her heart.  I probably read the spoilers from yesterday wrong.  I was totally down with that though and Robin should just do the right thing at this point.

Hmm... Fall from Grace? The episode where the sh*t hits the fan for Rumple?

The episode is Rumple centric.  I'm still not sure why they're doing a centric for Belle.  Seems like a waste of time, although I wonder if her mission with Rumple isn't part of her wanting to become a hero, stubbornly thinking that she can change him, that he'll change and whatever else she has in mind.

Also, regarding Emma sending Hook to babysit Elsa (but it's really as much for his protection), this has been going on since 3B where she sent him to babysit Henry during the Zelena showdown when Regina got her ass handed to her and then she pretty much forced him to stay with Belle to "protect" her in case Rumple showed up and then she had him stay with Neal. 

• Love 1

So, Rumple switched the daggers back? Now he has the real one, and Belle has the fake again? Did that happen at the end of 4x01? I'm a little confused.

He took the dagger back to get the Fantasia hat.  I presume he didn't swap them back again.

Any chance Rumple actually loses his powers by the end of 4x11?  Or even as soon as 4x09?  That's a serious fall to take for someone like Rumple who is not only addicted to his powers and power in general, who chose his powers over those he loved time and time again (killing Pan not withstanding), has not lived without those powers for some 2-3 centuries.  I wonder if the show would have the balls to do something like that.  And whatever he has going on on the side with SQ can't be that good.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I thought Marian was going to be kept in stasis along with her heart.  I probably read the spoilers from yesterday wrong.  I was totally down with that though and Robin should just do the right thing at this point.

I didn't realize Marian was going to be kept in stasis. What's the point in that, though? Make this dumb triangle even more meaningless? 

I didn't realize Marian was going to be kept in stasis. What's the point in that, though? Make this dumb triangle even more meaningless? 

Basically, yes. TLK doesn't work, so if Marian was saved at the end of the episode, she'd obviously dump David Nolan 2.0 and everything would be resolved. This way, though, Marian isn't dead, but she's also not conscious of what happened and thus can't dump DN2.0, so will he cheat on his wife who's in a coma? This is great drama, guys.

• Love 2

Basically, yes. TLK doesn't work, so if Marian was saved at the end of the episode, she'd obviously dump David Nolan 2.0 and everything would be resolved. This way, though, Marian isn't dead, but she's also not conscious of what happened and thus can't dump DN2.0, so will he cheat on his wife who's in a coma? This is great drama, guys.

This is literally the WORST possible way to keep a triangle going. 

Uggggh, the show really just needs to kill off Robin. I can't believe I'm saying this, but both Marian and Regina deserve better than this schmuck!

I agree. Kill Robin, and be done with all this drivel! 

ETA: If ever there was a literal sign that a character will be fridged by the end of the season... 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Well, there was absolutely no good to come with screwing around with an iconic romance couple like Robin and Marian. None.

IF Robin indeed doesn't kiss Marian because it isn't True Loves Kiss...and Regina ends up saving her by taking her heart...then he, in Once version, will become Sherwood Forrest tree mold in my eyes. So much for *going to hell and back to be with My Marian*.

Regina ( I still do love her chaotic mess of a woman) should have her love interest yeah, but not this this weak-assed shit.

There are plenty of other things to keep me entertained( so I can just completely ignore Robin Hood as a viable character) such as any plot lines involving hard-wired fearless Hook and hard-wired coward Rumple (what a delicious combination of acting talent!)~ who could squash Hook in an instant, yet he strangely hasn't over hundreds of years of chances.

Rumple has a certain sadistic glee in keeping Hook around to torture. Odd and twisted since Rumple was the one viciously killing the mother of his *beloved* Bae.(doing a Rumplestitlskin hand motion *well, we'll just forget about that, Dearie")

But I also think that he has a deep seeded and grudging respect for Hook's bravery and resolve, even when it causes the pirate to do really crappy things.. Even being all powerful, Rumple still comes from a core of childhood pain/fear and adult cowardice, that at times keeps him from being totally Dark.

That wizard hat could be awesome...or just Disney-silly, but it will give Carlyle something to do other than dance around Belle's dimwittedness.

I'm overall enjoying the new direction of almost everything and if Anna can keep the perkiness in check, I will continue to totally embrace the Frozen tundra. We have some centrics coming up that will give our regulars the attention they deserve. And the plot will riotously thicken.

And I am a sucker for smoldering Pirate smooches, sass and angst. Just keep Hook eye emoting, effortlessly sexy and snarky and my pitifully eye-candy-easy life will be over-glowing with Luscious Leather Dude visual orgasms (grin)

Edited by BoPeeps
  • Love 3