Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Maybe Liam is yelling at Killian?

Eh, siblings fight all the time, even when they're grown. I'm sure there are life choices that Hook has made that Liam doesn't agree with, like him becoming a pirate, or orphaning their young sibling. 

Liam has been sort of shown to be a bit short tempered in Good Form. They both have a short fuse. Liam didn't like the way Hook was talking about their king. I can imagine how angry he might be at little bro whom he didn't raise to be the man he became, especially since he went down that road in his name.

• Love 1

Casting of Dorothy Gale for recurring role

Recurring? Meaning she's not going to kill Zelena and that's it? Or is the Oz saga going to be over multiple episodes?

I don't know why, but this reading this casting article cracked me up. It's not the actress, it's just so out of left field and ridiculous. Oh you thought we were getting the Underworld in 5B? Nope - time to take a side trip to Oz! If you loved Dun'Broch's charms, you'll enjoy this irrelevant adventure too!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

If Dorothy is all warrior, odds are, she'll end up killing Zelena for real this time.

What happens when Zelena ends up in the UW? Do they leave her there, or figure out a way to bring her to SB with them? Emma wanted to kill her, and Regina conjured a twister to send her back to Oz. Nobody wants her around.

So what's up?

• Love 1

Liam and Emma trying to get Killian to remember who he is? Or vice versa? Or arguing with Killian to leave the UW?

I am seriously unenthusiastic about multiple episodes with Warrior Dorothy battling Zelena.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 1

The time for Oz was back in Season 3. Apparently, the toy wasn't shiny enough at that point, but like a two year old whose toys you've hidden for a few months, Oz is now bright, shiny and new for them to play with again. Zelena was just sent to Oz the day before everyone trekked to the Underworld. How the hell long was Zelena there before Dorothy needed to go back to rescue Oz? How long is everyone in the Underworld? If Zelena is dead and filming with Colin & Jen, it seems like she was super easy to dispatch, so why would Dorothy need to be recurring? This all sounds really, really contrived and pointless. Do you suppose Oz is Dunbroch adjacent and Dorothy's new friends are Mulan, Ruby & Merida? This is not sounding promising.

• Love 2

The reports about shouting puts down the flash-wedding theory. Maybe Liam is yelling at Killian? That would be sad.

If Killian starts with the "I'm a terrible person that doesn't deserve to be saved", I can see both Emma and Liam yelling at him.

Casting of Dorothy Gale for recurring role

This is so ridiculous and unnecessary.

• Love 3

Nope - time to take a side trip to Oz! If you loved Dun'Broch's charms, you'll enjoy this irrelevant adventure too!

That's the first thing I thought of, too. Dorothy is officially the useless Merida of 5B, where we'll be forced to watch a couple Dorothy-centric episodes that have nothing to do with the overall arc with our main characters in the Underworld. 

• Love 4

Time moves slower in the UW than in other realms? That way they can return to SB to find Pistachio, Rollie, and Nealflake are teenagers. Surprise Snowing -- you missed out again! Surprise Rumple -- Bae.2 is ready for middle school!

ETA: this was in response to how so much time could have passed in Oz.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 1

If Dorothy is all warrior, odds are, she'll end up killing Zelena for real this time.

Yeah. Looks like it. That way, Zelena's arc will end, but it won't be Regina's fault she's dead. Regina has so many kids under her care now! When Roland and Pistachio grow up, they will join her cheerleader squad and devote all time and effort to get her a Happy Ending (which would have changed several times by then). :-p

• Love 3

Do you suppose Oz is Dunbroch adjacent and Dorothy's new friends are Mulan, Ruby & Merida? This is not sounding promising.

Spin-off series incoming.

This is so ridiculous and unnecessary.

I'd be fine with Oz, Dorothy, etc. if the the main characters were actually allowed to interact with them. Snowing might have met Glinda in 3B but that had nothing to do with Oz and she was just a stand-in for Blue Shady. If a couple of important Storybrookers had to go to Oz on mission, then okay that could be neat, or if Glinda got pulled to Storybrooke or if Dorothy drove there or.. or... yeah, basically everything is more interesting than Zelena quarantined with irrelevant guest stars. Her only entertainment comes from her commentary of major events, so she won't have that any more.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'm wondering what in-story reasons there will be for people like Liam and Milah to be hanging around in BizzaroWorld!Storybrooke. Was the UW version created when the Dark Curse cast as a shadow of the world above? Or is the presence of the Nevengers altering Hellscape and changing to suit them? Are the dead people aware of the changing environment, or have their lost their memories? So many questions.

Edited by Rumsy4

I'm wondering what in-story reasons there will be for people like Liam and Milah to be hanging around in BizzaroWorld!Storybrooke. Was the UW version created when the Dark Curse cast as a shadow of the world above? Or is the presence of the Nevengers altering Hellscape and changing to suit them? Are the dead people aware of the changing environment, or have their lost their memories? So many questions.

there's the possibility that some of them aren't real....only illusions constructed to help the 'real' dead work out their outstanding issues. Like young Bae....so don't want Emma to have to deal with her arsehole-ex getting a do-over in the after life...not after he destroyed her life TWICE! !!!
  • Love 1

Speaking of time passing, they've hinted that they'll be writing in the real-life Belle pregnancy, but how is that going to work, if the baby was conceived the night before Rumple left for the Underworld and the actress is already showing? Are they going to spend what seems like a week in the Underworld, only to come back and find that eight months have passed? On this show's usual timetable, the real-life baby will be born and walking before the show has passed enough time for Belle's pregnancy to be visible.

there's the possibility that some of them aren't real....only illusions constructed to help the 'real' dead work out their outstanding issues. 

I get that. What I am wondering is, why Storybrooke? Milah and Liam have no connection to the modern world or the Lw/M. It doesn't make logical sense that they are working out their issues in a place nothing like the world they lived in. Besides, what were they doing for 200 years? Storybrooke has only existed for the past 30 years or so. I assume it is the same for Underbrooke. Were they in a different "world" before they came to Underbrooke? The explanation when and if they gives us one, will be along the lines of "um... magic", I'm sure. lol

Edited by Rumsy4
Are they going to spend what seems like a week in the Underworld, only to come back and find that eight months have passed? On this show's usual timetable, the real-life baby will be born and walking before the show has passed enough time for Belle's pregnancy to be visible.

Knowing A&E, Rumple will die in the UW and then the Nevengers will come back to find Belle pregnant with no build-up at all. That way it can super shocking!

Milah and Liam have no connection to the modern world or the Lw/M. It doesn't make logical sense that they are working out their issues in a place nothing like the world they lived in. Besides, what were they doing for 200 years? Storybrooke has only existed for the past 30 years or so. I assume it is the same for Underbrooke. Were they in a different "world" before they came to Underbrooke?

I'm going with the idea that they have been living in a limbo world that changes with the lives of those that they have unfinished business with. So prior to the curse, Milah, Liam, et al were in an Enchanted Forest version of the world. I'd also bet that they're going with a Season 1 curse feel where the characters live their days in a fog with zero knowledge of how the time passes. If they take it further, they can say that Emma arriving starts time moving again (demonstrated by the different time on the clock tower) and with her bringing along a ton of people that will allow closure for many, many people, Emma is bringing back the happy endings by getting these people the closure needed to move on. 

• Love 2
If there is a time jump in Storybrooke while they're gone, then they really should have left Henry there to age up the character a bit.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. He'll come back and be shaving and they'll insist he's still 13.

I really hope the comments about whether asking about Belle's pregnancy were "on the right path" were just trolling. The last thing this show needs is another baby for the fairies to have to look after offscreen while the parents ignore it. If they hadn't already used the Hansel and Gretel story, I'd suggest that they should have Hansel and Gretel's mom open a day-care center in Storybrooke -- dump the kids in the woods in the morning and hope they've found their way back by the time the parents come to pick them up.

Or what we need is a massive time jump while our characters are absent and not aging, and they return to find an adult Pistachio and Nealflake ruling the town with iron fists as a warrior queen and king.

• Love 1

Maybe everyone was torn from wherever they were when Regina cast her curse. I mean it is a very powerful curse (unless you have a staff, and create a dome to live under).

But these people that we see in Underbrooke, they're technically not people. Shouldn't they be the souls of the people that died? In which case, it might explain the title of 5x12 (making abstraction of the whole Springsteen reference). So ultimately, what Emma is bringing back from the UW is not Hook, but his soul.

Maybe everyone was torn from wherever they were when Regina cast her curse. I mean it is a very powerful curse (unless you have a staff, and create a dome to live under).

But these people that we see in Underbrooke, they're technically not people. Shouldn't they be the souls of the people that died? In which case, it might explain the title of 5x12 (making abstraction of the whole Springsteen reference). So ultimately, what Emma is bringing back from the UW is not Hook, but his soul.

That's what I thought too. That it is his soul they are bringing back. So does that mean Emma has frozen his body like Regina did for Marion? Or do they have to dig up his body from his grave when they return? Lol

That's what I thought too. That it is his soul they are bringing back. So does that mean Emma has frozen his body like Regina did for Marion? Or do they have to dig up his body from his grave when they return? Lol

Maybe he's in the convent with the nuns where his body was healed, and is being preserved by a spell. 

Logically, you would think it is the soul that is being brought back from the UW. Emma will have to reunite it with his body in a scene (I'm hoping) is reminiscent of the Snowing TLK scene in S1. Add in a TLK and some magic to heal his body, and it should work....right??

I've been wondering if, since the dagger part of Excalibur was reconstituted, the rest of Excalibur might have taken form elsewhere, and maybe if it was turned back into a chalice like the Grail, it would have healing and life-giving properties instead of being fatal, or at least might be able to undo Excalibur wounds. So they'll have to quest into the Underworld to get Hook's soul, and then go on another quest to find Excalibur and the flame to reforge Excalibur into at least a partial Grail, and then they can pull Hook's body out of a drawer in the morgue, heal him, and put his soul back into him.

If the partial Grail only heals Excalibur wounds, then that would cover the "why don't they bring back all the dead characters?" issue because he's the only one who died of Excalibur wounds.

I wonder if the arguing at the well might be them about to get back to the living world that way, and Liam is having to convince his stubborn little brother that he really should go.

Well, the Grail healing did work for Indiana Jones when used on his father's wound! That wasn't a magical wound, but I could see it healing both magical and non-magical wounds.

I was thinking that the well might be a portal also, since they've used one before in that way. Are all the Nevengers in that scene? I don't remember seeing Snowing in the BTS pics. I can't wait for Emma and the Brothers Jones scenes!

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2

Can't wait for Oz and Zelena storyline. I'm glad it's confirmed as multi ep arc.

Everything is better than boring Hook stuff. Hope ep 15 is his only centric this half of the sesaon. No need for his brother to stay more than one ep.

• Love 1

Can't wait for Oz and Zelena storyline. I'm glad it's confirmed as multi ep arc.

Everything is better than boring Hook stuff. Hope ep 15 is his only centric this half of the sesaon. No need for his brother to stay more than one ep.

You make me sad. :(

• Love 4

Replace "Oz and Zelena" with "Hook and Emma", and "Hook" with "Regina" and you have about 75% of the posts in this thread. It's okay for people to like different things. 

This.

It IS okay for people to like different things. What's not okay? Being a jerk to them about it. See this post.

So let's be respectful that others have differing opinions. Failure to do so will result in harsher penalties than mod notes like this.

U1XQV0o.jpg?2

So that is one ugly bird, but it's not angry, so that's a plus? That was my lame attempt at a joke, btw!

So Hades has a connection to someone?

It reminds me of that scene in Friends when Rachel asks Monica sarcastically about who calls her, if it's her mother, or Ross? 

Is it Rumple, or Regina? Regina, or Rumple?

• Love 2

Yeah, I would be surprised if it's not either Rumple or Regina.

it would make sense that he had met Hades and will try to make a deal with him, probably backstabbing *surprise, surprise* and trading everyone for Bae.

Yeah, I hope Emma has a plan for when Rumple betrays them, but I doubt it. Really, all her "plan" is a total mess. She is forcing Rumple to go with them, but she leaving her only leverage (Belle) behind. He is going to betray them the moment they get to the UW.

Yeah, I hope Emma has a plan for when Rumple betrays them, but I doubt it. Really, all her "plan" is a total mess. She is forcing Rumple to go with them, but she leaving her only leverage (Belle) behind. He is going to betray them the moment they get to the UW.

i think it will be a race as to who stabs who in the back first (no pun intended )....i think Emma has every intention of dumping Rumple in the UW for good.

No no no... Rumple want to cleave himself from the Dagger, of course. 

When the starts in the Underworld align with the pimples on Henry's face at the full of the moon... 

Edited by Rumsy4

Regardless of how it goes, Dorothy will need to atone for killing poor left-out Zelena, probably murdered while crying over being separated from the baby.  Tsk tsk.

I still don't see the point of Zelena and why her character is dragged out this much so I guess Dorothy subplot is supposed to be the 'closure'.  Unlike Will in S4, she hasn't completely disappeared.

Honestly, it just sounds like Neverland again: characters wander around for about half a season only with Storybrooke in a different lighting and cameos popping up instead of just circling around potted plants that was the 3a arc.

Will we see Charming’s (Josh Dallas) twin brother in the Underworld?

KITSIS: Absolutely.

HOROWITZ: Yes.

Oh heck yes.

Will we get to see badass Emma (Jennifer Morrison) of season 1 again?

KITSIS: Absolutely.

HOROWITZ: Emma is absolutely badass.

KITSIS: I’ve got to be honest. I feel like Emma’s been pretty much badass for five seasons. I don’t know what season she wasn’t badass. She killed Cruella [Victoria Smurfit]!

HOROWITZ: She’s a tough woman.

Pushing a defenseless woman off a cliff isn't really "badass" to me. At least, not as much as all kinds of other things we've seen her do. I'd rank chopping Regina's apple tree or slaying a dragon higher on the list. And Eddy - there were many times Emma was NOT like you wrote her in S1. 4x05, for example.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Natalie Abrams meant badass as in=closed off walls up Emma, as some people think the more open and vulnerable Emma we have now is "weak". So, I think Eddy answered that question well. I'm glad he shut down the theory about Regina being the savior as well.

So cool we will be seeing Charms meet with James. I would kill for a scene of the Jones brothers meeting the Charming twins.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

Theirs really nothing they can do unless we find out Colin didn't sign up for a season 6 and the only reason why they are going to the underworld is to give Emma and Killian closure. lol

I think Eddy has gotten snippy with Natalie a lot this season. I wonder if those two don't like each other but good for him for shutting down all her questions that makes zero sense.

I'd rank chopping Regina's apple tree or slaying a dragon higher on the list.

Honestly, neither were that badass. Chopping Regina's apple tree was a DUMB thing to do, as if not for Graham dissuading Regina it very well could have landed her right back in jail just after Mary Margaret had so generously posted bail for her out of the kindness of her heart.  And her slaying a dragon was a lucky shot with her throwing the sword, and had been preceded by her once again being a dumbass by trying to shoot the thing instead.  S1 Emma is very overrated, IMO. 

Natalie Abrams meant badass as in=closed off walls up Emma, as some people think the more open and vulnerable Emma we have now is "weak". So, I think Eddy answered that question well. I'm glad he shut down the theory about Regina being the savior as well.

To be fair, these questions were posed by fans, not Natalie.  However, she gets to chose which ones to ask, and that she chose that one along with "will we see Emma and Regina make magic together again?" makes her agenda very clear.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3

Theirs really nothing they can do unless we find out Colin didn't sign up for a season 6 and the only reason why they are going to the underworld is to give Emma and Killian closure. lol

They are not sending all the main characters in a mission to the UW for it to fail. Emma already failed once in saving him, failing twice would be devastating for her, and from a storytelling point of view, totally pointless. They need to be coy about saving Hook to keep the audience interested.

So the "can't say"s are really "yes"?

Usually, yes.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1