Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Ok..have emerged from sobbing in the corner to offer theory. I believe Emma has been absorbed by the dagger rather than been sent to another realm or become the Dark One. The dagger is now full of Emma's light magic. She did it so another Dark One couldn't come into being I think Rumble has separated the power from the dagger and kept the power creating a vacuum within it and it had to be filled with something. . Either light or dark. .whatever it could absorb first. Need to go cry some more if you'll excuse me.

(edited)

Here is the complete Q&A with Jennifer Morrison. The only spoilery answer is the one we have already commented (I hope, hope Dark Emma is just for the EF AU, and she is not the next villain), but I think this one explains quite well what is happening in the scene with the dagger:

I really love Emma…identify with her sense of wanting to do the right thing….make hard right choice…even if it’s something that will cause her pain….like to be as brave as Emma….Emma’s fearless…free of concern of what other people think of her.

Edited by RadioGirl27
This reminds me of the Swan Princess for some reason. The gang go to Camelot to save Emma, then Merlin tells them Morgana is holding Emma captive. After attempting to kill Morgana, Hook realizes that Emma actually is Morgana. Maybe the portal/dagger/whatever or Merlin corrupted her. I don't know.

I love both Emma and Morgana, but I wouldn't want that. Now, if Emma were to become either her or Merlin's apprentice, that I would like.

And really, it would be such a shame to waste Camelot on just a two-hour finale. It deserves at least a half-season.

That would destroy me.

You and me both.  The thought of it makes me wanna weep to be honest and I rarely cry over fictional characters.  I'm way too attached to some of these guys.  And seriously, Emma and Hook must be protected at all costs.  Fuck the rest.

So, I've been wondering about something.  When Emma drops the dagger, JMo runs out of the scene.  Why is that?  I've never really heard of something like that and she is doing it in front of a green screen.  It's all sort of odd.

I like how we've all jumped all over Camelot and Morgana.  I've been wondering if Camelot would have been ripped from the EF with the original curse (I'm assuming it's part of the EF since this show says the EF is super huge and there are many kingdoms in it).  Merlin is extremely powerful, so he might have been able to protect it and do what Cora did which means Morgana and Arthur could still be alive.  

I wonder though if they won't try and tie Wonderland and Will into this somehow and bring resolution to his story through Emma's?  A lot of people have said that Will had his love interest Ana already and that she is his true love and all.  And she was a villain, she learned her magic at Cora's feet.  So, personally, I'm kind of thinking that they could tie both stories together especially if they are setting the stage for Emma to be dark for the first part of season 5.  The first "real" interaction between Will and Hook wasn't about the various brands of rum, it was about the mushrooms of Wonderland and they apparently sort of knew each other before their first encounter that we saw in The Apprentice.

Just throwing it out there.

(edited)

I wonder though if they won't try and tie Wonderland and Will into this somehow and bring resolution to his story through Emma's?  A lot of people have said that Will had his love interest Ana already and that she is his true love and all.  And she was a villain, she learned her magic at Cora's feet.  So, personally, I'm kind of thinking that they could tie both stories together especially if they are setting the stage for Emma to be dark for the first part of season 5.  The first "real" interaction between Will and Hook wasn't about the various brands of rum, it was about the mushrooms of Wonderland and they apparently sort of knew each other before their first encounter that we saw in The Apprentice.

I would love it if 5A main story was Hook and Will going arround Wonderland snarking at each other while they search for Emma and Ana. What I hate is the idea of Emma being Morgana.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

You and me both. The thought of it makes me wanna weep to be honest and I rarely cry over fictional characters. I'm way too attached to some of these guys. And s

So, I've been wondering about something. When Emma drops the dagger, JMo runs out of the scene. Why is that? I've never really heard of something like that and she is doing it in front of a green screen. It's all sort of odd.

For now, I'm assuming Jen is running out of the scene to keep the momentum of the other actors going. I think she will poof (or turn into carbonite), but by getting out of the scene fast, the rest of the actors can continue to use the emotions they have built up throughout the scene. If they stop the scene and allow her to walk out, the other actors have to try to return to the same anguished state they were in while their characters were trying to stop her. Sure, they are professionals and can do that, but this makes for a smoother flow and fewer takes.

• Love 6

Plus, I'm sure there are some special effects that will cover up her disappearance like purple smoke or whatever. Its easier to cover her up later than stop and start.

• Love 1

I think Hook's response will depend a lot on the context and on what actually happens in the finished scene -- what they know before all this happens and what they really see happen to Emma. His previous problems likely stemmed from the fact that it's in his nature to want to just do something, and when the person he loved has just died in his arms, there's no hope, so there's nothing positive to fight for, and thus he went negative because revenge seemed to be the only thing he could do. If there's any hope that Emma's alive and has just been taken somewhere else, then that gives him something to fight for, and that might allow him to turn his impulses in a positive direction instead of going on a revenge quest or sinking into a barrel of rum. Then the question would be how rash he'd be about trying to find and save her, and that would again depend on how much they know going in. Would it be another round of Team Library to figure out what they could do, or would he immediately jump on the Jolly Roger, blow the conch shell and see if all his sea creature friends -- Ariel, Ursula and Poseidon -- could work together to create a portal that would transport the whole ship?

(edited)

Still don't understand the writers' thought process for next week. They're going to Oz again, but only to show more Zelena, the Emerald City, and Robin Hood. We're finally getting a Robin/Marian flashback, and it's about Robin going to Oz for Rumple. It's Zelena's big reappearance, but we're going to investigate Rumple's heart problems and Robin Hood instead. Toss in the scenes of Team Hero looking for the Author and Regina now a captive and you've got a recipe for a very confusing episode. I'm at a loss at what the real focus will be.

Meh, this is A&E we're talking about. We'll get a steamy scene of Robin and Zelena flirting while he tries to kill her in a Winkie suit. That will be the "highlight". It's a big fat retcon that Robin didn't recognize her in 3B.

*poof*
Continuity Fairy: "Here Robin Hood, take this forgetting potion. Can't have you being a bigger douche and withholding valuable information, now can we?"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Still don't understand the writers' thought process for next week. They're going to Oz again, but only to show more Zelena, the Emerald City, and Robin Hood. We're finally getting a Robin/Marian flashback, and it's about Robin going to Oz for Rumple. It's Zelena's big reappearance, but we're going to investigate Rumple's heart problems and Robin Hood instead. Toss in the scenes of Team Hero looking for the Author and Regina now a captive and you've got a recipe for a very confusing episode. I'm at a loss at what the real focus will be.

Maybe this episode is there to explain why Robin thought Marion being dead is his fault and not Regina's. Like, she dies at the end of the episode and we see Zelena take her place, but not Robin, and she gets 'captured' by Regina, and a whole bunch of other stuff that won't make much sense, but the important end result is in no way will Regina have any responsibility in Marion's death.

• Love 1

Like, she dies at the end of the episode and we see Zelena take her place, but not Robin, and she gets 'captured' by Regina, and a whole bunch of other stuff that won't make much sense, but the important end result is in no way will Regina have any responsibility in Marion's death.

If they wanted to get Regina off the hook for killing Marian, they should have had Zelena be Regina in that flashback.  And then have Marian get run-over by a bus in New York. Zelena as Marian is the biggest Rube Goldbergian plan a villain has had on this show and that is saying a lot. The number of points of failure in the plan are almost too many to count.

• Love 3

Speaking of more painful, I had a crazy thought. I kind of like the idea of Emma falling into the Underworld but what if it's not the Underworld of Greek mythology but rather a water underworld like Davey Jones locker, home of her boyfriend's family?

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh god! I'm going to be a mess!! So many different shots of that CS scene, and they all hurt!!

Not that I want the TruestStupid to be there, but where is Henry? Why does Emma feel like she can risk her life in order to save Regina (yet again), when it means Henry will lose her? 

Edited by Rumsy4

My big worry at this point for the scene is editing. I know those pics were captured during filming, but what's going to end up being used? We've got Hook with his hand on her face, her tilting to his touch, her hand over his. His hand on her heart and her hand over his. There are forehead touches. It all looks really dramatic and sweet. But my fear is that we get him telling her not to do it and her saying see ya with none of those things being shown.

I don't know.  Whatever is going down between them seems to be very big.  I think the ILYs will be spoken.  If that happens, I'll cry harder and call in sick on Monday.  I'll stay in bed under my blankets and mourn over the separation and I'll have a summer filled with angst while the actors, the writers go on and have a happy summer.

• Love 1

I'm there with you. I'm just having a case of the Mondays and feeling a little less optimistic at the moment. I was flashing back to the scene we were all sure was going to happen in New York Serenade. We had the photo of Colin and JMo hugging. Never happened on screen and according to A&E wasn't filmed.

I get that, I mean that hug looked all kinda of nice, but I don't have a hard time believing that it was during rehearsals.  Truthfully, the hug in New York Serenade would not have fit the context of 3B at all of Emma pushing him away, Emma being sort of hurtful to him here and there, Emma wanting to go back to New York.  The hug would have been nice and all, but I can also see the CS fandom up in arms over the things Emma said to him throughout 3B.

This though, maybe he tells her he loves her to convince her not to do whatever it is that she wants to do and maybe she tells him that she loves him back.  I think his hand on her heart is pretty symbolic and an absolute call back to Dark Hollows when he told her he would win her heart and how sure he was of himself.

I think it makes her sacrifice or whatever it is that she is doing even more heart breaking for the both of them.  Plus in the BTS, the way they are taken, he is the one who is front an center with Snowing on one side of him and OQ on the other side.

Yes, this is what my life has come to, analyzing pictures.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ugh, these spoiler pics keep getting more painful.  Here's the whole album, if anyone's interested.

I'll be over here sobbing under my desk.

Speaking of more painful, I had a crazy thought. I kind of like the idea of Emma falling into the Underworld but what if it's not the Underworld of Greek mythology but rather a water underworld like Davey Jones locker, home of her boyfriend's family?

I have had this exact fic idea in my head for MONTHS! Except in my head it was Killian who ended up there and Emma went after him. Maybe I'll actually write it during the hiatus. (Knowing me, probably not.)

I'm also skeptical how much will actually be in the scene shown. They'll probably do a bunch of cut-aways to Regina's reaction.

Edited by Souris
I'm also skeptical how much will actually be in the scene shown. They'll probably do a bunch of cut-aways to Regina's reaction.

You're such a killjoy, Debbie Downer!

XrystalPond, you and I should start a support group.  I'll lean on you, you lean on me, okay?

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon because I'm not getting all that worked up. It's hard to feel sad about the big separation when it's this show and we know the consequences aren't going to last longer than five minutes, and it will all be forgotten five minutes after that. As usual, they seem to have written toward the Big, Dramatic Scene, and then they'll undermine all the drama. Or else find a way to make it all about Regina, anyway. They'll focus far more on her face or her cuddles with Robin than on what's going on between Emma and Hook.

• Love 3

His hand on her heart and her hand over his. There are forehead touches. It all looks really dramatic and sweet. But my fear is that we get him telling her not to do it and her saying see ya with none of those things being shown.

That last bit you mentioned looked a lot like the pirate's oath, to be honest. :)

• Love 2

Or else find a way to make it all about Regina, anyway.

I do not know where you get the idea from. Let's look at the evidence:

1) Emma and Snow return from being wisked off to the EF protecting Regina from a wraith. The welcome back party is all about...people not eating 'Regina's lasagne

2) Henry gets his heart ripped out in front of his three parents and when one of those parents says they know how Regina is feeling, Regina smacks her down because nobody is in as much pain as Regina. Other parent does not question that.

3) Emma, Snowing, Hook, Rumple, Bae, Tink, Ariel and Wendy work together to save Henry and at the welcome home party, Regina gets all the credit

4) Belle and Bae watch their loved one die for them and everybody is worried about Regina. Belle lies crying on the ground by herself.

5) Snow, Charming, Neal and Hook are alll separated from Emma and Henry, but the only person we are shown missing anybody is Regina.

6) Bae dies without seeing his son again and Rumple is enslaved, but enough about them, what about Regina?

7) Emma and Hook return from the EF after escaping Regina and watching Regina gleefully kill Snow, but they are the bad guys for saving one of Regina's murder victims. Nobody welcomes the victim, they all worry about poor Regina.

8) Regina is having an affair with a man who's wife is lying near death and Emma is about to be hatted, let's have Emma's mom take a stroll with Regina to cheer her up and make sure she doesn't feel bad about the affair. Everybody is doing it.

9) Emma spends an entire episode trying to be Regina's friend and find her a happy ending because Regina is so good now even though Regina insults Emma the half way through the quest Emma finds out Regina has imprisoned an innocent man. When the man escapes, he is the bad guy for not staying in the mirror.

10) Emma is so terrified to love somebody lest they die, but she opens up and the guy almost dies, but she has no time for him because she must cheer up Regina.

11) Belle must face the anguish of banishing the man she has loved for years and married, but everybody is concerned because Regina said goodbye to the guy she's known for a few weeks.

12) Belle and Hook work to figure out how to free the fairies and the fairies are told to thank Regina.

13) Regina kidnaps a child and does nothing to prevent him from being aged and tortured, but everybody is worried about her.

14) Emma could go dark if the author escapes, but Snow is only worried about what the author means for Regina's happy ending.

Clearly, the evidence shows....umm......well

Obviously, the climatic Emma scene will end with Snow shoving Hook out of the way to comfort Regina and make sure that she doesn't feel remotely bad about what happened to Emma. 5A will begin with people worried about Regina and compelled to find Emma so that Regina will feel better about herself.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'm so down the Emma lost in Davy Jones' locker. They just need to find a way to work Liam in there. Like as Emma's accomplice, helping her escape for the sake of his brother? Then she'd get to meet him (something I've always wanted), and Hook will get one last chance to hear his brother tell him how proud he is of the man he's become (a moment I've been dying for since Good Form. Oh look, I'm bawling just thinking about it!). But this is all wishful thinking, alas...

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh my God, kili That is hilarious mostly because it might actually happen knowing these writers.

I did not sign up for all this angst happening in those pics. Even when Snowing had their angsty moments you knew it work itself out but this show doesn't deliver anymore. Watch the pictures will be ten times better than the edited version.

Edited by mjgchick

Those pics are heartbreaking and, in another show it would be amazing, but I prefer to expect the worse so I'm not disappointed again. I mean, this show has been capable of disappointing me even when I wasn't expecting anything (yeah, I'm not over Heroes and Villains yet).

What I can't understand is why they didn't blocked the scene. It's an stupid move, even if it is not the cliffhanger. And it would be another stupid move if it's not the cliffhanger. It seems to be a very intense scene to be just one more in the episode.

Not that I want the TruestStupid to be there, but where is Henry? Why does Emma feel like she can risk her life in order to save Regina (yet again), when it means Henry will lose her?

I think Henry is not there because they want to have Hook and Emma in the center of the scene and with Henry there, Emma would need to say goodbye to him too, taking away some of the Emma-Hook angst. But I hope the kid is mad at Regina. I know it's not gonna happen but I would love it.

with Henry there, Emma would need to say goodbye to him too

Well there's also practical considerations. That scene took what 10 plus hours to film and child labor laws. Not to mention the writers would have to think pretty hard, something we all know they don't like to do, so that it won't look like Henry would throw Emma under the bus for Woegina.

Ok there's 2 or so pictures in that album with a pretty good shot of the dagger. Tried zooming in but it looks blank to me. Anybody with better photo editing skills or eyes out there? Maybe the last shot is of the dagger with the new name Emma on it. I have a feeling that if Emma is the new Dark One, Rump's redemption could come via taking back the Dark One curse to save everyone else and Emma. He's had it for 300 or so years and would be in better control.

I think it's quite likely that the dagger is blank. One of the spoilery set reports we got was that Emma said "we have to do what the apprentice said, the dagger has to be attached to someone". So, the reason all hell breaks loose is that Rumple manages to unattach himself from the dagger (coincidentally, I think this pretty much proves that Rumbelle is not getting back together in 4B - since the climax of the season is caused by one of Rumple's villainous acts). It'd make sense that, once the dagger is unattached, it would be blank. What Emma does is probably attach herself to the dagger. 

Is it possible that the Dark!Emma storyline will carry over in S5 if she gets the Dark Curse? But it would be ridiculous for Henry not to immediately kiss her and dissolve the curse.

• Love 1

Does anyone remember if someone picked that dagger up at the end of that shot?  The would be a pretty major way to end the season...have them pick the dagger up and suddenly see Emma's name there. 

(edited)

Does anyone remember if someone picked that dagger up at the end of that shot?  The would be a pretty major way to end the season...have them pick the dagger up and suddenly see Emma's name there. 

No set report has mentioned anybody picking up the dagger. But that would be the typical ending shot for something like this. It could still happen if Hook is brooding over the dagger in an inside scene filmed separately.

I still don't get why Emma attaching the dagger to herself would send her to another realm. Like, that doesn't make any sense to me. Unless the lightning storm is somehow a portal to another realm and closes once she attaches herself. Maybe it's something the Apprentice did to try to send the Dark One magic to another realm, since he can apparently make portals like it ain't no thang. Or maybe Rumple did it while separating himself and it didn't exactly go as planned.

Either they say "Oh, this Dark One curse is different, so it can't be TLK'ed away," Emma will have to be separated from all her loved ones for a significant amount of time, or she goes so dark she can't be TLK'ed until she gets enough light back into her -- like Charming's first attempt to TLK Dark!Snow's memories back didn't work, and he had to sacrifice himself for her to open herself to the possibility.

Edited by Souris
(edited)

I think it's quite likely that the dagger is blank. One of the spoilery set reports we got was that Emma said "we have to do what the apprentice said, the dagger has to be attached to someone". So, the reason all hell breaks loose is that Rumple manages to unattach himself from the dagger (coincidentally, I think this pretty much proves that Rumbelle is not getting back together in 4B - since the climax of the season is caused by one of Rumple's villainous acts). It'd make sense that, once the dagger is unattached, it would be blank. What Emma does is probably attach herself to the dagger.

Is it possible that the Dark!Emma storyline will carry over in S5 if she gets the Dark Curse? But it would be ridiculous for Henry not to immediately kiss her and dissolve the curse.

Is it possible that Emma doesn't become the Dark One? 

I'm just spitballing here, but if Emma is The Savior and the person with the strongest light magic there is (and possibly absent internal darkness due to her parents' and The Apprentice's spell) then taking in the Dark One's power (the darkest of dark magic) is counter-balanced by being that of the lightest light magic.

It could be that unbeknownst to Emma herself, she is the one person who can then hold within herself both extremes of magic. She sacrifices herself believing that she will be destroyed -- whether that means that she believes she will literally die from what she's about to do or that who she is now (the person she's struggled all her life to become) will be destroyed by allowing herself to be cursed as the new Dark One  -- but in an unexpected turn of events, she literally becomes the embodiment of both the lightest light and the darkest dark.  To me that is a far more interesting scenario and character development to explore versus "Emma's been cursed as The Dark One now! Who will bring her back from the darkness?!" (Killian will. Question asked and answered in the same breath.) 

Emma carrying inside her good and dark magic and in equal strength would be a far more complex and far more interesting situation to write (IMO), especially character-wise rather than the outcome of her sacrifice being: Emma is now the Dark One. Emma's sacrifice is made no less courageous and heartbreaking by being the embodiment of both good and darkness, and I'm far more intrigued with the idea of that internal struggle and those eternally opposed sides constantly battling within her.

Unfortunately, I'm far too familiar with these writers' work and ultimately I can see that from these writers' POV "Emma is the Dark One!" makes a better sound bite, and a flashier and easier storyline to resolve.

eta:

I still don't get why Emma attaching the dagger to herself would send her to another realm.

I don't either. If Emma does become the Dark One somehow or internalizes that power, then I would expect that she would be sent to an oblivion of sorts until resurrected or called back from the in-between via the dagger (maybe something akin to how Rumpel was "resurrected" back in The Enchanted Forest in 3B)

It's also possible that by taking in the Dark One's curse she absorbs it entirely and The Dagger itself is therefore rendered a now useless object. She has both taken in the darkness and also at the same time broken the dark one's curse (because what she did she did so willingly and knowingly and it was a true sacrifice). So it will be interesting to see if in that scene (from all the spoilers pictures) if the dagger remains blank and therefore devoid of all magic because Emma has absorbed it's power.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 1
But it would be ridiculous for Henry not to immediately kiss her and dissolve the curse.

Emma is sucked into a portal in some other world. Henry cannot come on the adventure to rescue her because if he misses more than 3 days of classes in a term, he will fail. So, no Henry TLK.

Meanwhile, nobody, including Hook himself, thinks the TLK between him and Emma will work (they will cite his previous attempt and Robin's failed attempt and forget all the reasons why they didn't work).  Even if they do decide to attempt the kiss, they can't get close to evil Emma to try until the plot is ready for it to happen and then, for REASONS,  it will easiy for Hook to get close to Emma when it was difficult before (for REASONS).

But, even if TLK works will it work? If Hook can TLK Emma, will the vortex of evil just start spinning again and somebody else will have to be the evil one (will they go through every character in the pantheon. Dark One Archie gets kissed by Pongo and Grumpy takes one for the team and becomes the next Dark One (Grumpy Dark One). Nova shows up and we move onto Dark One Little John? I kind of want to see Happy Dark One and Sleepy Dark One.)?

(edited)

Once is Emma's story.  Thinking that through, I'm not surprised that Emma chooses to take Regina's place with the dagger.  The thing is Regina, the "Evil Queen" is the big bad of Snow and Charming's story, not Emma's.  What we've been seeing with Regina and the Charmings' is how they've come to reconcile in the "happily ever after." 

Emma's story prior to her "happily ever after" is still being told.  Regina might have cast the curse that separated Emma from her parents, but the real big bad of her story (and Hook's) is Rumplestilskin.  Until Rumple is dethroned as the Big bad, or they mutually decide that their love is strong enough to persevere, Emma and Hook can't have their happy ending.

Without knowing what's happened to Rumple of course, having Emma take on the dagger (the thing that gives Rumple his power) isn't that far fetched.  Emma has the greatest potential for light and dark magic (according to Rumple) which means that with the dagger and a light and dark side she's easily more powerful than Rumple was as the dark one.  Think about the irony of Hook spending hundreds of years trying to find a way to avenge his love by killing the dark one only to have the one he loves become the new dark one.

Hook, Emma and Rumple's stories have always been the most connected.  Hook and Rumple blame each other over the loss of Milah (a happy ending) and in the next generation, we see Neal and Emma lose what could've been a happy ending because Neal is afraid of his father.  Emma's true love existence was key to Rumple finding Neal and in the end, losing Neal again.

I think Emma takes on the dagger, not only to save Regina or everyone, but because she finally believes that she and Hook are strong enough to take this on.  She knows he will find her.  So while their separation is painful (why couldn't they just call her back with the dagger?), she believes he'll find her.  I expect he'll have another run in with Rumple before he gets to her.

I'm sure Emma disappearing is the cliffhanger for the end of season.  But the thing is, the writers always leave us with a spark of hope and mystery.  In season one it was Snow and Charming being reunited, the mystery was the purple cloud.  In season two, it was Hook coming back  for the group, the mystery was what would Neverland be like.  In season three, it was the love montage and the mystery was Elsa's appearance.  In season four we know Emma disappears, but perhaps there's a scene with Hook setting off or finding her in some other land.  We know they have words when they part, I expect they were words of love.

I do think that Emma's story will only last 5 seasons and what we're seeing is the run up to her "happily ever after."  With a show like Once, they could just pick a new character's story to tell, perhap's Lily's.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 3
But it would be ridiculous for Henry not to immediately kiss her and dissolve the curse.

Yeah, I've never really been sure how much Henry really loves Emma.  He loved her a lot when he wanted her to break the curse and when Regina was baaaad.  I'll never forgive what he said at the end of 311, how he shouldn't have gone to get Emma and how he got her because he thought Regina didn't love him.  So whatever, revisionist History.  Besides, I'm not sure Emma is the Dark One.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Come again?  Robin and Regina are like Romeo and Juliet?  Sean is such a lovely guy from what everyone who has ever met has said, but Romeo & Juliet?  OQ ain't.  Sorry, dude!  And please don't give me hopes that OQ will end like R&J.

I wonder how many heads will explode after Sunday's episode.

We have a count of one over here.  Me.  I can't stop laughing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
(edited)
Apparently Outlaw Queen is like Romeo & Juliet. (Can they both die? #SorryNotSorry)

Has the man never read Romeo & Juliet? It's the story of two people who fall in love despite being on opposite sides of a feud. They secretly marry, but their families are so opposed to such a concept that the two become separated for good reason. Juliet fakes her own death to be with him and this is never conveyed to Romeo so he kills himself too. So saddened are the families over all this nonsense, they end the feud.

Outlaw Queen is the story of two people on the same side of a feud. One of them is already married, so they just cheat on that spouse while the spouse lies dying. They become separated for lame-o reasons (just use the scroll people or send somebody who actually knows something about the new world with Marian instead of the guy who has no feelings for her at all), not even bothering to give each other their phone numbers so that they can stay in touch. Through some ret-conning, the spouse may be the sister of one of these people. Neither of those two lovers ever attempts to fake their death or die, but the spouse/sibling fakes her death many times. There is no feud for them to end. This plot may have been plagarized from a Grade 8 Girl's Trapper-Keeper, but I don't think Shakespeare has anything as non-sensical, convoluted and stupid as this in his catalogue (and he has some pretty wacky plots)

To parahprase Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, We have found a show which has provided us with an idiotic romance plot that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Romeo and Juliet

Edited by kili

Dark One Emma is just a stupid idea in practice. Either use a True Love's Kiss or Emma could just leave Storybrooke and enjoy a good life in the world in which she grew up. She doesn't need or want her magic anyway and we know Rumpel was completely wiped of the Dark One Curse in the real world, so problem solved. It better be something more complicated than this because Dark One Emma is too easily fixable.

• Love 1

Hey, I just had an idea. Maybe Outlaw Queen = Dr. Zhivago. Lots of True Love and cheating and getting back together and long suffering wife who has done nothing wrong and we are supposed to feel sorry for they cheaters and something happens and the cheater has to go with his wife, but I think the cheaters end up together again, but I don't know because I loathed the movie and that is the only book I was assigned in school that I never finished reading because I HATED it that much.

I loved both movie and book of Dr. Zhivago, but I always was on Team Wife, not Team Lara. And wasn't the whole thing meant to be allegory, with Zhivago straying with Lara and leaving his wife behind representing Russia straying from its roots and "cheating" with communism, with that bringing about his downfall (and, at that time, the hopeful downfall of communism -- turns out he was right, I guess)?

In short: You can't make me like the idea of Robin and Regina, ever. I'm a die-hard Robin Hood fan, and it's Marian or no one.

Funny, those interviews talking about his code and how he can't be dishonest about his love even if it means leaving and cheating on his wife never bring up the fact that he's leaving his wife for the person who was the reason he lost his wife in the first place.

• Love 1

I do wonder if Henry isn't there on purpose. Perhaps whatever Rumple does to cleave himself from the dagger causes him to go somewhere or do something to Belle and Henry. If that's the case, I can totally understand if Emma thinks she has to attach herself to the dagger or sacrifice herself in some way to keep Henry safe. She loves Hook for sure, but her bond with her son is stronger. It would also make it easier for me to accept that she's making a big sacrifice.

Although this does bring up an interesting idea. Maybe she does attach herself to it for more than one purpose. If Rumple has cleaved himself from it, maybe she knows she can detach herself from it as well and goes somewhere to see if there's a way to destroy it in the process. And btw, if her name is on the dagger but she leaves it behind, whoever picks up the dagger can control her and call her back to Storybrooke. You know, like THE MAN SHE LOVES AND TRUSTS WITH HER LIFE, INCLUDING CONTROLLING HER LIFE WITH THE DAGGER BECAUSE SHE TRUSTS HIM!

• Love 2