Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Forrester Rangers

• Start Topic

Some Hope for the Future in this thread!  <wink wink>

Can I just say, when Aly asked Hope the "So now what does 'Hope fo the Future' mean?  Hope for a hot night in bed?", I wish she'd just shot back, "Yes!  There are worse things!"

• Love 1

What about a hot night with NuRidge?  I finally figured out who he reminds me of:  OriginalRecipe Angel from BtVS, complete with the diagnosis of centuries of chronic and severe depression. As you've probably figured out, I was Team Spike.  (a.k.a. $Bill)

• Love 2

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and I'll change it.

• Love 1

<waves excitedly at annsterg>

I know, right?  There are times that TK has looked absolutely blanked out, like he had some kind of medical emergency going on.  At least RM had the Joey-Tribbiani-smelled-a-fart face mastered.

• Love 1

<waving back>

Yeah, I went to YT today to look for the scenes with Taylor wearing that awful gray sweatshirt dress she had on after Ridge dumped her and it was kinda fun to see RM growling it up. I won't go so far as to say I miss him -- because as you know I HATE RIDGE and was never so happy as when the show was Ridge-less -- but RM was Ridge to me, and this recast is not working IMO.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

Thanks to Aquarius for setting this up!  This Sagittarian is very grateful!

Now on to business...I am preferring Quinn's brand of crazy to Ally's brand of crazy.  Quinn can actually function in the world, where I think they're sending Ally to Sheila/Kathy Bates-in-Misery territory.  That sometimes works, but, too often, those kinds of villains obtain some kind of supernatural powers where everything magically and conveniently goes their way.  I get bored with that.  But it seems like Quinn is full of possibilities.  Ally is just creeping me out.

I live in a small town, so my doors are often unlocked.  But if I lived in LA, it would be a different story.  Why can people just waltz into all of these beautiful homes so easily?!?

• Love 1

Welcome to everyone!  I am so glad to see everyone here; it give me hope that our grand tradition of snarking on this hot mess of a show will continue!

A belated thanks to Dave for moving this over into its own forum.  And for what it's worth I like Forrester's Rangers.  :-)

I agree with you, Snaporaz, they do seem to be pushing Aly into Sheila Carter territory.  That gets old fast and it's a shame because she's one of the most interesting things on the show these days.

The flashbacks today with Quinn and Bill reminded me of something.  They look too much alike for my tastes.  In the flashback they were even dressed alike almost, in the same black skinny jeans.  They SEEM too much alike too . . . almost like siblings.  I just don't like them together although it was nice to see sex depicted as not "a great romance destiny we'll be together forever!" but just plain fun between adults.

I like what Bill says about Ridge.  I think Bill is an awful person but Ridge is a tool and  it can't be said often enough for me.

• Love 1

Oooh I like the new place, with some familiar faces, very nice.  The character of Aly has so many possibilities so I hope she doesn't go down the Sheila Carter/Morgan/Anthony Armando psycho highway.  I'd prefer it if she stayed a little "off", in this lala land of milquetoasts and blocks of wood a little crazy can go a long way.

• Love 1
Just popping in to say hello, and ooh, the shiny!

Hee, I'm with you, I love the shiny too!

So one more time we got to hear that Ridge is a different man since returning from Paris.  I was not among those who originally thought this was a big middle finger to Ronnnnnn Moss.  But now they've said it so many times now I'm starting to wonder.

I'm also wondering if they really are wiping the slate clean for Brooke and Bill.  The scenes with FakeRidge and Brooke have been so very flat.  Well, part of that is TK's wooden delivery, but he is marginally better with Katie - if they didn't want to stick a stake in Ridge and Brooke they could try a little harder for some heat.

Eh.  Who am I kidding?  This will last six weeks on the outside and Ridge and Brooke will be reuniting.

• Love 1

Hi folks! So these are the new digs eh? Gonna take some getting used to.

R.J. was so keen on his parents remarrying that Brooke didn't even want to tell him about the nuptials that weren't? I hate how it's now gospel that Brooke treats her children either as an afterthought or as bait for her man du jour. Back in the day Brooke cared deeply for her kids. Yes she didn't always put them first but she was an involved parent, and she sought their blessing for her various marriages. I don't what caused the shift but suddenly the B&B set was turned into a no-kids zone and the characters with young children (primarily Brooke) really suffered for it. Tridge and their 3 kids are always held up as a golden standard, but IMO Brooke (whether with Ridge or Nick) used to be shown frequently with Rick, Bridget and Hope when they were little kids. Hope may have been rapidly aged from the Pace twins to Kim Matula, but in the interim she was supposed to have lived with Brooke (although not seen onscreen). RJ and Jack, on the other hand, were packed off - one to boarding school and the other to live with Nick, wherever he is - until RJ's recent return. RJ is way too young to be sent by himself to a boarding school on another continent. It just makes Brooke (and Ridge, who didn't go to join him until recently) look like they lack any parental compassion, especially for their self-professed "miracle child".

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 1

I'm not quoting it because it was very long, but amen to your every word of your post, Amberosia

I get uncomfortable whenever anyone shrieks about "values", so I hope they take Ally in a different direction soon because I do like the character.  I didn't like when Hope harped about her values, either, but at least they were her own values. 

Quinn and Bill are a match made in freak heaven, and I'm really enjoying them together.  We all know Ridge and Brooke are end-game, so I was hoping Brooke would walk in on them today so we could just rush that along and not have to see Ridge and Katie anymore.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1

Hello to everyone.  I have a love/hate relationship with B&B.  Right now I'm kind of hating it.  But I'm ambivalent even in that.  I hate NuRidge.  He is wooden and I have yet to see any real emotion from him.  RM, for better or worse, is the face or Ridge.  Recasting was a mistake, imo.  I also think whatever terms TK got for his contract have affected the show's pace.  NuRidge is not on enough to sustain the drama of the current story.

I will say if this sl of Katie turning the tables on Brooke is a device to clean up the Brill story, I will accept it.  Bell should have taken more care in crafting the story in the first place. I kind of like Quinn having a thing for Bill but it shouldn't become too big. Quinn has added some zest to the canvas. Aly, otoh, came out of left field.  One day she is fine, then boom she's a raving lunatic.  I cannot understand why grown ups allow this child to take over the running of the business while she is clearly unstable.  Her endless monlogues to Hope make my eyes cross.  Liam hanging around like the smell of dead fish is ridiculous.  Can't the waffle boy have a story outside of Hope?

Anyone wonder if Brooke's brief stint with the bottle is over already?  I don't want her to become an alcoholic but she needs to slide a bit more. But if it's over I suppose we can get on to her making Ridge pay for his deception.  LOL  Bring it.  Just keep the romance away from this pair.

Edited by CatLady
  • Love 1

C'mon ShiraAAAAAAA  (Ronnnnn Moss growl)

Please stay with us. You have the most wonderful posts. Don't give up on us.  It's just like moving, only you don't have to pack anything other than your user name. 

The show is only for half an hour a day.  For me, it's my dailyl escape from the world for 25 minutes. 

What more can I do to ask you??? 

• Love 1

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

should we just try a new thread called "Ongoing Viewing Party" or something?

How about "High on Fashion"?  

I hope we can keep it to one thread, though.  I get too confused about what you can post where, and I don't have the patience to read lots of threads.  If it gets too complicated, I'll probably check out.

I just want one freakin' thread to discuss the show. No separate threads on characters, etc. A separate spoiler post would be okay, but like others I don't want this over complicated. I posted about the show on this thread because I assumed that's what it was for!

• Love 1

Agree -- I also would like ONE topic for day to day discussion of the show. Soaps are not like weekly or seasonal episodic TV. Perhaps the mods could clarify? and should we request a general discussion topic now?

The Y&R page has 4 threads:  A Small Talk thread, an Unpopular Opinions thread, a thread for all of the nicknames posters have given characters over the years(there are a LOT of those for that show!), and one thread (so far) for a specific character.

Everyone has been posting about the show in the Small Talk thread, and I didn't notice Lisin's post over there.

Another name suggestion:  "All Things Bold and Beautiful".

Hi guys! Looks like you are all getting settled in nicely and thanks to @annsterg for starting the general discussion thread! I'm going to move your discussion over there so that you'll be able to just check right in and chat about the days episodes! 

I'll be happy to name your General Discussion thread whatever you like!  Feel free to create a poll once you have a few options! 

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the nice folks here at Previously.tv for welcoming all of us forlorn TWoP refugees.  I've been posting here for almost a week now and I love it and feel very much at home!  I really appreciate having a place to talk about my favorite tv shows with such witty and insightful people.

• Love 5

Bad news, anyone who DVRs B&B off WUSA 9 in the DC metro area: they are showing a Nats game today instead...and it won't be the only time.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/entertainment/television/programs/2014/04/03/alternate-channels-fios-comcast-cox-cbs-soaps-dr-phil/7272365/

The show is instead being broadcast on alternate channels that are ID'd at the link.

For once I was going to watch the show live, which I almost never do...and couldn't find it in time to get the whole show, so will have to wait and watch as usual on cbs.com.

Here's a recap of Rick's and Caroline's adventures on The Young and the Restless:

Rick and Caroline are in Genoa City because FC is participating in a fashion show launching the line of Jabot's new fashion division.  (Jabot is the cosmetics company that Ashley's family owns).  Chelsea, their lead designer, is a former grifter who found instant success as a designer, as one does in Genoa City, where bartenders become CEOs of multinational corporations virtually overnight.  Rick and Caroline walked in on Chelsea having a hair-pulling cat fight with Chloe, her nutcase business partner who kidnapped her baby (because Chelsea's husband accidentally killed Chloe's daughter and Chelsea's baby ended up receiving Chloe's dead daughter's corneas) and fled to Paris a month or so ago.  But Caroline cracked a joke to put everybody at ease, and everybody was on their best behavior to avoid further embarrassment.  Rick and Caroline were so impressed with Chelsea's designs that they offered her a job at FC, which she is considering because it would free her from the clutches of her nutcase business partner. 

This big fashion show, which they've been hyping for weeks, all happened off camera.  WTF? 

(Oh, and I never watched AMC so I can't verify this, but I think I remember reading that JY used to be on that show and was paired with the actress who plays Chelsea, so their interaction might stir memories for some people.  Also, the real-life father of LG's baby plays Noah on Y&R, but they did not share any scenes yesterday.  Maybe today?)

Lauren is the only ex-B&B character currently on Y&R (Ashley only makes brief, random appearances anymore).  Lauren was supposed to model a dress in the fashion show, but fainted before it started because she's now pregnant, so she did not cross paths with Rick.   

Edited to correct the above statement:   Ashley's daughter Abby was also on B&B, but was just a child at the time.  Of course, now she's in her 20s, but you'd think she would have known who Rick was, right?  Her mother was engaged to Ridge, after all.  But she acted like she was meeting him for the first time.  Ughh...I don't know why I keep watching, but I do...

If Rick and Caroline are on Y&R again today, I'll post another recap.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 4

Thanks Snaporaz for sharing that with us.  Not even the presence of Rick and Caroline could make me watch the unwatchable Y&R.

Echoing this! Very grateful.

IMO we don't need any more female characters on B&B unless it's a Steffy replacement; if I am correct in the Chelsea actress, she is the AMC Annie character, right? and again IMO...she's too old to plug into the empty hole where Steffy used to be, as a Hope rival/foil. Caroline is in a slightly older age group and there is still Maya to counter her.

• Love 1

if I am correct in the Chelsea actress, she is the AMC Annie character, right?

Yes, and her storyline there was not disimilar to what they did with her on Y&R. Babydaddy hijinks and such.  I like MCE but I sure hope she's not coming over to B&B.  They should bring Lauren back over instead.

I wouldn't worry about Chelsea going to B&B.  She has too many ties to Y&R.  Her baby and presumed-dead-but-not-really-really dead husband are both Newmans, so she's not going anywhere.  Rick's job offer was more of a freelance gig, so if she does show up at all, I suspect it won't be more than a brief crossover.

• Love 1

Today in Genoa City, Rick was MIA.  But that's ok, because it gave Caroline a chance to have a couple of "meet-cute" encounters with her real-life beau who plays Noah Newman.  They did the whole, "don't I know you from somewhere?" shtick, and Noah flirted with her shamelessly before she flashed her giant emerald ring.  They met again in a coffee house, and Caroline tweeted that she had "a bun in the oven", then clarified that it was a cinnamon bun.  She took her coffee and left for the airport.  

She also wore all black, and held a big purse in front of her belly the whole time she was there.  She must be getting big!

I wouldn't have known anything about her personal life if I didn't read these boards, and none of this would have made any sense to me!  So thanks for filling me in!

• Love 2

OMG, y'all.

This is Maitland Ward, ex-Jessica Forrester:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/maitland-ward-see-through-haunted-house-2-premiere-04-2014

Jessica was possibly my most hated character ever who is not named Ridge but...she looks like a hot mess now. Guess she's been on some show I don't watch? whatever. Ugh.

ETA: she's now on Go Fug Yourself too, the outfit was THAT bad:

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugtland-ward-04-2014

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

WTH happened to Maitland Ward's face?!  I think she looks even worse than Hunter Tylo; at least with HT you can still tell it's her (sort of) even after all the bad plastic surgery.  But MW... yikes.  She looks completely different from her B&B days, which is kind of sad 'cause she was actually cute back then.

• Love 1
(edited)

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ronn-moss-signs-on-with-general-hospital/2014/05/05/

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/general-hospital-spoilers-gh-ronn-moss-bold-and-the-beautiful-luke-imposter/

Apparently his band will be playing at the Nurses' Ball.

WTH happened to Maitland Ward's face?!  I think she looks even worse than Hunter Tylo; at least with HT you can still tell it's her (sort of) even after all the bad plastic surgery.  But MW... yikes.  She looks completely different from her B&B days, which is kind of sad 'cause she was actually cute back then.

No kidding. When I saw the post, I recognized the name but not the face; of course everyone's is more rounded when they're young but the entire shape of her face is different. She had full lips then and now they are...unfortunately and oddly so. I saw her subsequently on another site in another ridiculous dress but didn't want to scorch your eyeballs again.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1

I was just channel surfing, and came across a 1998 movie called "The Adventures of Marco Polo."  Lo and behold, Marco Polo is played by $Bill!  I had never seen him before except for his role in Y&R, so it's interesting to see him in something non-soap opera.  Looks strange to see him completely clean-shaven.  And of course, there's a scene where he's surrounded by a harem. : )

• Love 2

For anyone interested...

I subscribe to RAI Italia, which is showing the Italian version of Dancing with the Stars that KKL is participating in.  She was eliminated two weeks ago, but there is a chance that she could be voted back into the competion tonight.  The judges were awful to her, causing a lot of consternation from the fans via social media.  She wasn't a great dancer, but she wasn't terrible, either.  She was dancing with an injury, and was paired with a man she doesn't have much chemistry with.  That was odd to me, since she has chemistry with just about every man she's ever been paired with on B&B. 

When Ronnnn Mossssss was on the show a few years ago, he was seriously the worst dancer I'd ever seen, and he finished the competion in second place! 

• Love 1

Wow, what is it with B&B and this show? John McCook also had a second face-off on the first season of the American version when he took second.

I did see one performance where KKL began with doing a roundhouse flip. I was pretty in awe of that. Lol!

To be fair, I've only seen our version of DWTS a handful of times.  I was surprised to find out that it was still on!  I wasn't aware John McCook had ever done it.  As terrible as our version is, the Italian version is even worse.  I'm only watching because I f-love KKL.

And something interesting...KKL just goes by "Kelly Lang" on Ballando con le Stelle.  I wonder if there was some other "Kelly Lang" in the actors' union when she first started out all those years ago and that's why she added the "Katherine"?.

They did not have the dance yet for re-entry of one of the eliminated contestants.  Apparently, they're going to do it this coming Saturday.  They did talk to KKL this past week, and she sounded like she was in better spirits and said her injured leg is feeling much better.

Last Saturday on Ballando con le Stelle, there was a competition amongst the eliminated couples and two of them were going to re-enter the competition in time for the semi-finals.  KKL, alas, was not one of them, so she has definitively been eliminated. 

I'm kind of glad, because now I can stop watching.  At 3+ hours each week, the show is torture to watch.  The judges are horrible and were strangely antagonistic towards KKL.  A couple of them kept calling her "Brooke", and her dance partner had to remind them that her name was "Kelly". It was really bizarre.  The fans seem to love her, though.  I looked on the show's FB page, and the comments were overwhelmingly supportive of her.  Many say the judges embarassed and shamed Italy to outsiders by the way they treated her.  And KKL herself told them that they judged her too harshly, which started a rousing applause in the audience.

So she should be coming home soon.  It will be nice to have Brooke back at B&B.

• Love 1