Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Forrester Rangers

• Start Topic

Wow, what is it with B&B and this show? John McCook also had a second face-off on the first season of the American version when he took second.

I did see one performance where KKL began with doing a roundhouse flip. I was pretty in awe of that. Lol!

On the first season of the American version, that wasn't John McCook, it was John O'Hurley.  

• Love 1

They did love Ronnnn Mosssss, though, when he was on the show a few years ago.  In fact, he came in second place despite looking like an ironing board with shoes.  KKL was actually a pretty decent dancer, so I'm not sure what their issue was with her.

• Love 3

The last episode of Ballando con le Stelle was last Saturday, so KKL should be on her way home soon, if she isn't home already. 

I felt a little bad for her, since she took this four month hiatus to go and do this and was eliminated three weeks into it.  All of the eliminated contestants sit on the sidelines every week.  And as I said, the show is 3+ hours long, so she looked awfully bored sometimes.  But she was gracious and classy the whole time.  The fans really seemed to like her.

The winner was Giusy Versace, a double amputee track athlete who has the same kind of prosthetic legs as Oscar Pistorius.  I believe she's related to Gianni and Donatella somehow...a niece, maybe?  Early in the competition, one of her legs flew off while she was being lifted and twirled by her partner!

"Early in the competition, one of her legs flew off while she was being lifted and twirled by her partner!"

Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine that. Kudos that she rose above that moment. But really, I don't want to see that on TV. Am I harsh??

• Love 1

"Early in the competition, one of her legs flew off while she was being lifted and twirled by her partner!"

Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine that. Kudos that she rose above that moment. But really, I don't want to see that on TV. Am I harsh??

Takes a lot of nerve to perform knowing that might happen however as a viewer I had to tune out the season of DWTS when the female athlete was on who had two prosthetic legs.    

I don't mind seeing someone dance with prosthetic legs. I think that is amazing. What I object to is shows that show those legs falling off, flying off..etc. it's disgusting. The ONLY reason it's shown is for shock value. There is no other reason.

• Love 1

You just know the producers of the US version were crossing their fingers that Amy Purdy would send one of her prosthetic limbs flying.  They must be ridiculously jealous that that Italian version got it.  

• Love 2

So she should be coming home soon.  It will be nice to have Brooke back at B&B.

I kind of feel the opposite way. I wish they would let KKL settle into the matriarch role and give Brooke's sex life a break so someone else can have a chance. I've been excited by how well the show works without Brooke and Hope Logan and their glittery hoo-has. Also surprised and sad to be copping to that since I watched this show from its inception and have always been #TeamBrooke. *sigh. I just can't get with stealing your sister's husband especially when that steal breaks up the epicness that was Katie and Bill. gah! blergh!

• Love 3

I wish they would let KKL settle into the matriarch role and give Brooke's sex life a break so someone else can have a chance. 

Agreed. The show has, by necessity, gotten much better about having all the vets carrying all the heavy SLs...but it's time Brooke' libido took a break...or at least got to be with someone outside of the Forrester family gene pool that isn't spoken for by a daughter or sister. I wouldn't mind her reuniting with Dave the Cop at the end of the show.

Agreed. The show has, by necessity, gotten much better about having all the vets carrying all the heavy SLs...but it's time Brooke' libido took a break...or at least got to be with someone outside of the Forrester family gene pool that isn't spoken for by a daughter or sister. I wouldn't mind her reuniting with Dave the Cop at the end of the show.

One thing is for sure, she's gonna look hella fit when she returns. I wish I could sneak my way into one of those Dancing shows, everyone dances their way to incredible, strong fitties at the end of it. (not that she didn't look good before) Hey, who's Dave the Cop?

• Love 1

Dave the Cop was Brooke's fiance when the show first began. Dave was a police officer in "the valley" and Brooke was completing her degree in chemistry. I remember the ultimate anvil when Brooke's mother, Beth Logan, took Brooke aside one evening and sternly advised her about the importance of getting a good job, as it would be difficult to live on a "police officer's salary." Girlfriend took that advice and RAN with it -- all the way to the Forrester mansion! LOL!

• Love 3

Anyone get a chance to see Into the Woods last night? MacKenzie Maury (the chick that last played Phoebe before for untimely Cassie Newman-esque death) plays, appropriately enough, Rapunzel in the film. I thought she was a pretty decent actress and I'm glad to see former soap stars getting into the mainstream. The last actress I can remember that happening with was Eva Longoria ten years ago.

I plan to seeing it tonight, so I'll let y'all know what I thought. :)

• Love 3

Been meaning to ask this question for some time now, but it always slips my mind, that is, until now!  On the TWOP B&B board there was a poster who went by annsterg, he/she was a long time viewer who always had an interesting POV, I was wondering if annsterg came over to PTV and changed her moniker.  Would anyone know?

I remember her. I searched for her and she did join here but hasn't visited since June. You could try to pm her. Of course she'd have to come back to see it.

ETA: I just did a search on myself and it shows that I have not visited since June as well, so this info I'm finding is incorrect.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 1

I could understand anyone coming into the genre after 2000 not fessing up (I don't know how many know of Eva Longoria's stint on Y&R about a year before she was picked up for Desperate Housewives, as one example), but the 1980s was the highlight of the genre. No shame in that, imho!

That's a good point.  Since you specifically mention Eva Longoria, I'm not really a fan, but I do like that she always gives credit to Y&R and has spoken of how grateful she is that they gave her a start in acting.

You've Got Mail is one of my all time favorite movies.  I have the DVD and the extras include biographies of all the actors & their past work.  Meg Ryan's did NOT include ATWT...however Tom Hanks has no problem admitting to Bosom Buddies, which, IMO, is a heck of a lot more embarrassing than a soap!

• Love 3

So Lay's has a contest where people can submit ideas for new flavors for potato chips. There are four finalists, people vote for their favorite, and the winner gets $1 million. One of the flavors in the running is West Coast Truffle Fries. Of course, I had to try them. They were ok, but they tasted exactly like sour cream and onion potato chips. Maybe I needed to eat them while playing with plastic paratroopers. My bad...

• Love 6

You mean you didn't?  What were you thinking??? :)

You guys, this conversation is in poor taste. Plastic paratroopers wouldn't Cha-Cha-Cha-change anything.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

Hey hi I just joined. Just wanted to say hi to everyone........ Thanks AY

Oddly I'm male haha. But I have a bit of a soft spot for the Bold and on occasion I watch it.  I'll talk more about the show as I get comfortable here.

"waves hi and walks off"

Edited by Coco Pops 67
  • Love 2

Probably because when the character was originally created, they didn't have that planned out for her. Then when they did come up with the story, they didn't feel like recasting the actress.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

I don't know if anyone made a specific thread about this but Maya. Why did they cast her using an actual woman?

I thought there were actual trans actors that could do those kind of roles. 

Because when Maya was cast two years earlier, she wasn't trans.

In fact, the show made a pretty big deal about her having a biological child that she gave birth to before giving the child up for adoption as she went to prison (she'd just gotten released and her first story on the show was asking Dayzee about her kid).

Basically, the story was an asspull to keep the character relevant, because she'd had no story for months up to that point. Hell, she still hasn't in the nearly two years since. I've mentioned in other posts that I fully expect her to get killed off if and when Karla Mosley's contract ends and she decides to leave the show. Because, PC.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Because when Maya was cast two years earlier, she wasn't trans.

In fact, the show made a pretty big deal about her having a biological child that she gave birth to before giving the child up for adoption as she went to prison (she'd just gotten released and her first story on the show was asking Dayzee about her kid).

Basically, the story was an asspull to keep the character relevant, because she'd had no story for months up to that point. Hell, she still hasn't in the nearly two years since. I've mentioned in other posts that I fully expect her to get killed off if and when Karla Mosley's contract ends and she decides to leave the show. Because, PC.

I had no idea they pulled that kind of bullshit.....

So basically they did a total retcon and glossed over her past giving birth to a baby.... Geez Louise.

OK had no idea about her previous backstory.

Has anyone found a browser that can cope with all the pictures, twitter embeds and gifs in the daily chat thread?

For me, IE just crashes to the point that reading it or posting is near impossible in that browser.

Chrome is randomly scrolling itself to one particular gif.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Has anyone found a browser that can cope with all the pictures, twitter embeds and gifs in the daily chat thread?

For me, IE just crashes to the point that reading it or posting is near impossible in that browser.

I noticed it happened to me on IE and Chrome, I just assumed it had to do with my internet connection.  

10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

You can go to FAQs  or hugs under Site Business. Maybe get an answer there.

What would also help is if when people are responding to long posts with lots of images, to just clip and respond to the relevant parts so readers don't have to scroll through the entire previous message (and images) again. I have issues with Firefox, but I think it's more of the curse of Windows 10!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

You can go to FAQs  or hugs under Site Business. Maybe get an answer there.

There has been a site bug before that was related to twitter embeds.  But I thought they fixed that.   They are doing an upgrade so maybe that will correct it.

7 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

What would also help is if when people are responding to long posts with lots of images, to just clip and respond to the relevant parts so readers don't have to scroll through the entire previous message (and images) again. I have issues with Firefox, but I think it's more of the curse of Windows 10!

Windows 10 /IE is reacting worse than Chrome.  From Chrome it seems to be the gif of the woman in green ( I think).  That is the exact spot the chromes ghost scrolls to every time it gets a mind of it own.

There is a major site update brewing, though I'm not sure exactly when it will happen. It's said that the forums will be easier to maintain at that point. (Currently the custom coding means when one thing is fixed, another often breaks.)

• Love 2

Bringing this back since the forum is dead.

I don't miss this show at all, but I miss talking with you folks!

So, I not the bullet and got CBS All Access for the new Trek show, and while it's good enough that I'm not upset with paying for one show, I dunno if CBS has anything else worth watching. Scheduling aside, B&B (all two and a half episodes to air in 2020) has gone so rank I wouldn't watch it if I got paid for it.

As far as RL goes, I got a shot at a permanent position with a company I've been temping for. Initially, I didn't even want to be apart of another call center after the last two but nothing else was biting and...well. I won't say the company for safety (and it's none of you I worry about as much as Tumblr brats who turned fandom into a moral crusade who may have connected this and my username there--doxxing is as common as oxygen there), but it's one that's nationally reknown for taking care of it's employees. After all the horrible work experiences I've had, I would've stayed here making way less than I do. ❤️

• Love 5

Agree with the assessment of CBS-AA. I had it before for Discovery, which I didn't like and backup while my husband was in the hospital, for when he missed Deal or TPIR due to doctors or treatments. After Picard, I will probably drop it but they have my $$ for a few more months anyway. 🙂

I worked in a call center for the 6 most miserable weeks of my life. I didn't make it past the training, even though I had perfect marks for the surprise calls.  I just couldn't bring myself to slam people.  

• Love 2

Honestly, this particular company has been truly great and so have the clients. I'd interviewed there two years before for a different position and I knew the reputation of the company going into it.

Before this, I'd worked for Tax Products Group--the company that routes the money between the IRS and TurboTax, although I worked with the mom and pop tax centers the season I was there--and it was an unmitigated shitshow. The bank they worked with for issuing check advancement loans couldn't get them out in the time frame promised, the Green Dot cards--the thing they actually make money on--barely worked and the permanent staff was tired. That was still a step up from my experience with Acura (my last permanent job) because 6 out of the seven supervisors were good people and everyone knew Seven of Bitch to be a lunatic that I assume got hired because the other twenty people they asked first turned it down. But the organization at the top was a mess. Following season, one of the top surpervisors got arrested for embezzlement. This same guy gave me a whole ten minute rant and rave lecture before firing me for comments that looked like a Trump tweet (which I won't defend but that it was that or punch out the computer screen because it's March and I'm well over the verbal abuse and the lack of any real solutions). Why ask the question "why do you deserve to stay?" if you didn't plan to keep me? 🙄

Next place was FTD's San Diego call center before ProFlowers went bankrupt. Great facility but every time I saw a 212 area code, I was tempted to hang up on principle. Seriously, my sister in law remains the only New Yorker I've ever met who I haven't wanted to strangle (no offense to anyone from NYC) Still, not a place that gave me warm fuzzies.

This place not only gave up ample training about the company itself (like, two weeks' worth), but they gave us time to actually use the software before we ever took our first call. Usually once you get that down, the rest is easy to handle. They still provide monitoring and one-one-one meetings with our managers weekly. Mine are usually the first to get skipped in busy weeks since my ratings have been consistently high and between those call centers, the disaster that was working for Penske Auto Group and the Navy before that...I have no complains. 🤷‍♀️

I do get a laugh at some of the things that I hear. We're a car referral company and I had a guy complain that  he couldn't get his price adjusted for a GM incentive that started two WEEKS after our recent promotion ended. For one, that ain't got nothing to do with our price. For two, it's two weeks after you bought the damn car 🤡😂🤣 Not surprisingly, GM Financial told him to get fucked so he came to us. Sure, Jan 😄🙄

I don't get very many horrendous calls (in six months, I can count the outstandingly rude ones on one hand and half of those had valid concerns) but the great management will defend us as long as we provided the correct info and don't cuss them out and we're allowed to disconnect the call if shit goes too far, which I'd heard about and was reasons 1 through 5 why I gave them a shot after swearing off call centers again.

Feels great not to hate work anymore.

• Love 3

As for Picard, it's sorta funny being the seasoned olc fandom mom in the very first major fandom I was an active part of as a teenager (I'd read fanfiction of the then new anime series that appeared on Saturday Mornings--back when it was often the only day of the week kids had to watch kid oriented shows!--but mostly lurked there). Back then I didn't know who the Andorians were when they made their first apperance on Enterprise and my crush I had at the time would fill me in. He quit the show mid-way into season two but I forged on and wrote a fic that once I counted  was 90 THOUSAND words long! 

A few days ago, I came across a Trek viewer whose only knowledge of Trek was from the parody The Orville, and he didn't know why the Romulans were such a big deal. I chuckled in my nostalgia, then recommended a few episodes of TNG to help him get more acquainted 👍

Hey, what if Courtney Hope gets cast on that show next season?! 🤔 She's got the talent to keep up with Sir Patrick Stewart. To quote the man himself, Make It So! 😉

• Love 1