Type keyword(s) to search

Unsolved Mysteries - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 6:

It sounds like Josh may have intended to slip away from the party, I assume to meet someone he met on the internet. I suspect that person caused him harm and disposed of his body. Unfortunately, given the amount of time that has gone by it's probably not likely his body will be found. It seems like he was exploring his sexuality but it's possible he was not always doing this in safe ways. The internet is full of sick people. This case is just sad all around. Whether he went willing with someone and was assaulted or was grabbed off the street it sounds like something very bad happened to him.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Episode 4:

Did they establish that Lisa worked at the strip club? Why would Buffalo Jim associate with her when he apparently knew it could be a set up? 

It's sad, but he probably got into drugs again and wanted to keep it hidden.  Not sure about his car being missing for a short time, then parked back at the motel.

• Love 4

If Tiffany’s family was certain it was foul play, why have her cremated? No chance for another autopsy. At one point I think the lawyer said the police never did a rape kit; how would they even do that if she’d been dismembered? Sadly given her family history I think she did kill herself and the parents don’t want to admit it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

The first episode reminded me so much of "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane"—similar complete denial by the family of what most likely happened.

I was a high-achieving teenage girl, and I attempted suicide (pills, which didn't work, obviously). Outwardly, I appeared happy with friends, did well in school, dated, and was on the dance team.

I inherited all the mental illness in both sides of my family and have always struggled to keep going. The way Tiffany's family still hasn't processed their grief at all after seven years, along with the mother's abuse screams (genetic) mental illness to me.

I agree with other posters who say Tiffany's family feels extreme guilt and won't accept that she ended her life. It's natural to feel guilty because "I should've known". Instead of working toward acceptance, they continue to try to find a reason that will "absolve" them of not doing more when she was alive. One therapy session couldn't begin to fix Tiffany's and her mother's unhealthy relationship.

The texts Tiffany sent/posts she made were telling. Saying she's "feeling content even though I shouldn't be" points to suicide. Often, once suicidal people make a plan, they appear at peace and may feel "better" because of a sense of control.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 6
On 10/25/2022 at 8:55 PM, Enero said:

Regarding episode 5,  the landscape of Navajo Nation was stunning.. The stories in this episode gave me chills. Hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I'm a skeptic but the Navajos made me believe that some type of phenomena is going on out there.  Their culture and beliefs are so interesting. I plan to read up more on their creation stories specifically those about "The Emergence." I will say after the thing was jiggling the door handle all night, I would've been trying get the hell out of there the next morning and never return. Lol. 

I've driven through the Navajo Nation a few times and it's absolutely beautiful landscape. It's wide open spaces with different types of mountains and rock formations as far as you can see. And it's huge! My brother and I visited Monument Valley and stayed at an Airbnb (which was a camper) on the Hopi Reservation which is part of the Navajo Nation. I'm just glad I didn't see a skinwalker.

Their stories were very creepy. I agree about the woman who saw the Bigfoot. Also, the coins??

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Episode 6:

I'd be curious to know if Josh had a cell phone with him that night (I'm assuming not since it wasn't mentioned) or if he made/took any calls at the party from that line.  If the answer is no then I'm rather doubtful he planned to meet up with someone after leaving.  The odds of his killer being someone he knew who just happened to run into him upon leaving the party and kill him would be awfully coincidental.  More likely it was a random attack, drunk accident, or someone from the party.  

23 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'd be curious to know if Josh had a cell phone with him that night (I'm assuming not since it wasn't mentioned) or if he made/took any calls at the party from that line.

Since it was 2002, I would bet dollars to donuts he didn't own a cell phone. I was in college around the same time and my friends and I didn't start getting cell phones until around 2004/2005. Even then it was just as common to not have a cell phone as it was to have one.

• Love 5
On 10/27/2022 at 12:20 AM, bilgistic said:

The first episode reminded me so much of "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane"—similar complete denial by the family of what most likely happened.

I was a high-achieving teenage girl, and I attempted suicide (pills, which didn't work, obviously). Outwardly, I appeared happy with friends, did well in school, dated, and was on the dance team.

I inherited all the mental illness in both sides of my family and have always struggled to keep going. The way Tiffany's family still hasn't processed their grief at all after seven years, along with the mother's abuse screams (genetic) mental illness to me.

I agree with other posters who say Tiffany's family feels extreme guilt and won't accept that she ended her life. It's natural to feel guilty because "I should've known". Instead of working toward acceptance, they continue to try to find a reason that will "absolve" them of not doing more when she was alive. One therapy session couldn't begin to fix Tiffany's and her mother's unhealthy relationship.

The texts Tiffany sent/posts she made were telling. Saying she's "feeling content even though I shouldn't be" points to suicide. Often, once suicidal people make a plan, they appear at peace and may feel "better" because of a sense of control.

Yeah but this why I feel like cases like Tiffany's (Rey Rivera is another one) were it should have been ruled as accidental unless they have direct evidence. (Like a note or her saying something to that effect) Its just too hard on the families to declare it a suicide when it could just as likely have been an accident. I also feel like in this case the railway authority did it that way to avoid any responsibility. If it was an accident you could argue the rail company was at fault and sue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Re: Tiffany. I do think it's weird if she was wandering around for hours before killing herself unless it really was a split-second decision when she wound up at the train tracks. I do not understand how her arms and legs would have been cut off though unless she was laying on the tracks (with her arms above her head) or she dove in front head first. I don't know if it's factual, but I would think it makes more sense to just step forward.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’ve finished the first three of the last 4 episodes:

Episode 7: Ok. Finally a real mystery. I think Pat might’ve been murdered. If he committed suicide his actions had to be perfect, from where he sat on the edge of the boat to how he held the shotgun to shoot himself, to how he fell in the water etc.

There were no shell casings on the boat and no blood on the boat. No shot gun on the boat or in the water. No brain matter on the boat from him being shot. 

He was likely murdered but by whom? I read an article about the case and apparently family and friends suspect Pat’s neighbor due to some things he said after Pat’s death and his overly distraught response to Pat’s death. But if the neighbor killed him, how did he get back to shore? And what was the motive? It does seem like whatever happened, happened on land or somewhere other than his boat.  I’m thinking Pat ran across someone or something while on the water which led to him being murdered.

Episode 9: I feel bad for the parents whose kids were abducted by their ex-spouses. At least in the first case the lady has an idea where her kids are, but even for her it’s been so long her kids are adults now. And probably think she’s dead or want nothing to do with her because of what their father has told them about her.

Sadly, Aziz’s father has no idea where he is. It’s like the ex-wife dropped off the face of the earth with him. They have no record of her and her new husband leaving the country so I think they’re still in the U.S. somewhere living off the grid with financial support from her family.

Seeing all the child abductions by parents listed at the end of the episode was heartbreaking. Some of those abductions happened decades ago, which means the kids abducted are now adults and likely don’t know the truth as to why the missing parent is not in their lives. 😔

Edited by Enero
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2022 at 9:15 PM, Glade said:

That is newly unearthed, and very compelling evidence. 

Compelling evidence of what, exactly?  Were these incidents, if they happened, ever reported to the police, or otherwise investigated?  The stories sound scary, but they are also 20 year old recollections that may have no connection whatsoever to each other or Josh.     

It's certainly possible there was some kind of foul play with Josh, but to me, I'd lean more to an accidental death following a night of drinking than anything else at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Enero said:

Sadly, Aziz’s father has no idea where he is. It’s like the ex-wife dropped off the face of the earth with him. They have no record of her and her new husband leaving the country so I think they’re still in the U.S. somewhere living off the grid with financial support from her family.

Seeing all the child abductions by parents listed at the end of the episode was heartbreaking. Some of those abductions happened decades ago, which means the kids abducted are now adults and likely don’t know the truth as to why the missing parent is not in their lives. 😔

I got choked up when Aziz's father was recalling the little goodbye routine he and Aziz used to do together, and how that was the last contact he had with him. And then the mother who was afraid her kids had been taken to a war zone, for God knows what purpose.... 

That ending with all the pictures was haunting. 

As for Pat, I definitely agree something sketchy likely happened to him. The way they showed how difficult it would've been for him to commit suicide made a really good argument for the murder theory. I've heard of some extremely unusual suicides, mind, so yeah, it may not be ENTIRELY out of the realm of possibility for someone to kill themselves that way, but yeah, with the gun being held as awkwardly as it would be, and all the factors that would have to come together for that to play out just right, it does seem very unlikely. 

As for the story about the woman who kept having those visions of the lady who disappeared, that part of things was weird, but good lord, the story about the case itself, and Cameron's killing spree, was utterly horrifying and disturbing. Those poor women. 

• Love 5

Episode 7:

So it seems as if Damon murdered Pat. Maybe it was drugs or a situation gone wrong.  I guess his behavior indicates he was consumed with guilt.

Again, the police push the suicide theory when it doesn't even make sense. Then they refuse to investigate Damon further while he was still alive. The paint chips put him at the scene and they still do nothing.  Extremely frustrating. 

• Love 6

I can't believe anyone would think Pat's death was suicide. If he killed himself the way investigators seemed to think then where the hell was the gun? He was found in shallow water, only four to six feet deep. The gun would have been right there, visible from the surface. The fact that the authorities were so sure it was suicide makes them look either stupid or complicit in a coverup.

I think Pat's family has the right idea about the scenario, that Pat ran across Damon and someone else on the water and stopped to see if they needed help. And I think whoever Damon was with shot him, for whatever reason. Probably a drug dealer, maybe someone Pat knew who didn't want to be identified. I don't think Damon killed him, I think whoever he was with did and that's why he was so distraught because they were probably the ones who took the body and disposed of it. It looked like someone tried to dump the body in the water but didn't realize how shallow it was. 

Sadly, with Damon dead I don't think the family will ever get a definitive answer.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

EP 7:

I really don't understand the rope and anchor, whether it was suicide or murder. The only thing it did was keep the body from drifting. If the water had been deeper or Pat had been tied closer to the anchor, then I could see either using it to hide the body or to make sure if he survived the gunshot, he would still drown. 

But Pat would have known how shallow the water was and if he wanted to make sure his family found his body, why not shoot himself within the boat? Very, very weird. 

• Love 3

The only thing it did was keep the body from drifting. If the water had been deeper or Pat had been tied closer to the anchor, then I could see either using it to hide the body or to make sure if he survived the gunshot, he would still drown. 

That's exactly what makes me think whoever tried to sink the body did so in the dark and didn't realize the water was that shallow.

The Ghost in Apartment 14:

This was a weirdly disconnected episode. When there's a little kid involved, it's pretty easy to dismiss strange goings-on like shoes on the bed or salt and pepper shakers close to the edge of the table, or the TV set turned on. 

Then the story shifted into a Dateline-type episode about this psycho kidnapper and his wife and their victims. Horrific story and I remember it when it hit the news - the part about the kidnapper keeping Colleen under a waterbed triggered my memory. 

I kept wondering if they would circle back to the ghost lady. Frankly, I'd have been more impressed if the info she gave would have led to the discovery of the missing girl's body. It's horrible to think that guy was granted parole.

Speaking of Dateline - I wish we could have a weekly Unsolved Mysteries instead. They do these kinds of stories so much better than Dateline. We don't have to listen to Andrea Canning asking family members asinine questions about how they felt when they found out a loved one had died.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, non sequitur said:

So it seems as if Damon murdered Pat.

I would couch that somewhat. I think it's more like the episode wants to make us think that Damon had some kind of involvement in Pat's death.  In reality, it's just another theory, amongst many, about what may have happened to Pat.  If you look at the evidence they presented to support that theory, i.e. Damon seemed too upset over Pat's death, he once tied a rope in a way that was similar to how Pat was tied up and his boat was painted with a common shade of red, it's really very little to go on.        

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, iMonrey said:

The Ghost in Apartment 14:

This was a weirdly disconnected episode. When there's a little kid involved, it's pretty easy to dismiss strange goings-on like shoes on the bed or salt and pepper shakers close to the edge of the table, or the TV set turned on. 

Then the story shifted into a Dateline-type episode about this psycho kidnapper and his wife and their victims. Horrific story and I remember it when it hit the news - the part about the kidnapper keeping Colleen under a waterbed triggered my memory. 

I kept wondering if they would circle back to the ghost lady. Frankly, I'd have been more impressed if the info she gave would have led to the discovery of the missing girl's body. It's horrible to think that guy was granted parole.

Speaking of Dateline - I wish we could have a weekly Unsolved Mysteries instead. They do these kinds of stories so much better than Dateline. We don't have to listen to Andrea Canning asking family members asinine questions about how they felt when they found out a loved one had died.

I agree the focus on this one was off. If Jody had led to the discovery of the body then I could understand making her the "star" of the narrative, but as it was, UM just wanted to make a ghost story out of it.  I'm not really convinced of the authenticity of Jody's portion. Some corroboration was needed--the apartment manager about what she saw that night; her ex-boyfriend to confirm he really was the one who bought the book and told her the story after she lived there, etc.  Her daughter was too young to be an uninfluenced party.  I totally understand why UM picked the story, and I hope it leads to information that keeps that creep locked up.  But I think it should have begun with MarLiz's story and her sister's narration, and Jody shouldn't have come into the narrative till the 2008 case reopening was discussed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Watching the "Paranormal Rangers" episode and I totally want a Navajo X-Files series now. There's a gap in my "let's drive around and investigate the supernatural" with Supernatural off the air. I also really liked how this one did what I feel like classic Unsolved Mysteries did with their best paranormal stories - sharing information and human experiences along with getting some cultural and folklore. 

The Buffalo Jim thing seems most likely an overdose. I think the daughters are reading way too much into the single dollar as a mob thing, but then again, I'm not well-versed in mob tactics.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Watching the "Paranormal Rangers" episode and I totally want a Navajo X-Files series now.

Years ago, someone shared a story on Jezebel about their experiences with ghosts on a Native American reservation (in the Dakotas, though, not the southwest). It was really interesting and I became kind of fascinated with Native American ghost stories after reading it:

https://jezebel.com/1452780146

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Episode 1- I lean towards accident on Tiffany's death. I never listen to family because most never believe it's suicide. She was mad at her family and just broke up with her girlfriend but it's weird to wait that long before killing herself. But if she was just messing around or walking the tracks or something it would make sense. It was horrifying hearing her uncle talk about finding her body all over the woods. 

Episode 2-I love UFO sightings and I really do want to believe. There were a lot of people who saw the strange lights and it actually showed up on radar. But as much as I want to believe my guess is it's military probably ours. If it was near a coast I wouldn't rule out someone else's military. I did wonder if it was possible they could be drones. Third of course is aliens. Why doesn't anyone ever try to shoot them down when they see UFOS? Maybe we'd have proof?

Episode 3-Wow, when they meant she slashed his tires for going to the movies with his cousin all I could think was run. If she's doing that it's only a matter of time before she kills you. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2

Re: the Florida boat guy. I agree that he probably stumbled up on something he shouldn't have, and got shot. No way that could have been a suicide, with no blood spatter in the boat, and no weapon in the water. His acquaintance was probably involved somehow. A shame that he died without being fully investigated. I get the sense that authorities sometimes just want to slap a suicide label on things so they can close the file.

I was intrigued by the story of the disappearance of the Minnesota University student as the circumstances were eerily similar to an incident that happened at my University fourteen years earlier (and on the other side of the continent). I was in first year when it occurred. It happened right before Halloween - a young man who lived in my dorm complex (I didn't know him personally) disappeared on the way home from the campus pub after an evening of drinking with friends. He was exiting the pub with a buddy, but his buddy ran into another friend and stopped to chat momentarily. His buddy fully expected to catch up with him on the way back to the dorm, but there was no sign of him. Turned out he never made it back to his dorm, no sightings, no info. It was as if he had vanished into thin air. The campus was massive and ringed with thick forest, so there were helicopter searches and dog teams out all over for weeks afterward. To this day, no trace of him has ever been found. It always haunted me, thinking of his poor parents never knowing what became of their son.

In the case of Josh, I got the feeling like it may have been an accident or hit and run of some kind when he was out walking that had been covered up. Either that or someone at the party was involved.

The Navajo rangers episode was kind of fascinating - I would have loved to have learned a bit more about their beliefs and lore and how that connected with what people on the reserve were witnessing. Many native tribes simply take it for granted that "Bigfoot' exists. There is an isolated coastal community in my part of the world where the aboriginal people regularly report seeing "Bigfoot" or Sasquatch creatures, and simply consider them part of the natural landscape, same as bears or other forest creatures. The skinwalker tales are pretty scary. That one ranger's story of his own encounter was hair-raising, and I can see why people would be reluctant to discuss those kinds of incidents. Definitely an X-files TV show could be made from this!

The apartment ghost story was intriguing, and I do vaguely remember hearing about Colleen Stan, the poor girl that was kept prisoner for so long. Such a horrifying story, and GOOD GOD, HOW HAS THAT GUY GOTTEN PAROLED?!! I do not understand the legal system at all.

I am a sucker for this show.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Re: the Florida boat guy. I agree that he probably stumbled up on something he shouldn't have, and got shot. No way that could have been a suicide, with no blood spatter in the boat, and no weapon in the water. His acquaintance was probably involved somehow. A shame that he died without being fully investigated. I get the sense that authorities sometimes just want to slap a suicide label on things so they can close the file.

l agree. That's way too elaborate for a suicide. How would he try himself up and manage to shoot himself? I wondered about the blood splatter too. How was there nothing in the boat? Blood should have gone all over the place. I can't believe the police didn't even bother to investigate it. What did they think he was suicidal Hoodini? 

I was intrigued by the story of the disappearance of the Minnesota University student as the circumstances were eerily similar to an incident that happened at my University fourteen years earlier (and on the other side of the continent). I was in first year when it occurred. It happened right before Halloween - a young man who lived in my dorm complex (I didn't know him personally) disappeared on the way home from the campus pub after an evening of drinking with friends. He was exiting the pub with a buddy, but his buddy ran into another friend and stopped to chat momentarily. His buddy fully expected to catch up with him on the way back to the dorm, but there was no sign of him. Turned out he never made it back to his dorm, no sightings, no info. It was as if he had vanished into thin air. The campus was massive and ringed with thick forest, so there were helicopter searches and dog teams out all over for weeks afterward. To this day, no trace of him has ever been found. It always haunted me, thinking of his poor parents never knowing what became of their son.

In the case of Josh, I got the feeling like it may have been an accident or hit and run of some kind when he was out walking that had been covered up. Either that or someone at the party was involved.

I'm always fascinated by cases like this. Vanish into thin air. He had to go somewhere. How to you just disappear like that. If it was a simple accident or murder why has his body never been found? It had to be covering up an accident or more. Maybe it was someone from the party or maybe it was random? I don't know but I hope they find out.

The Navajo rangers episode was kind of fascinating - I would have loved to have learned a bit more about their beliefs and lore and how that connected with what people on the reserve were witnessing. Many native tribes simply take it for granted that "Bigfoot' exists. There is an isolated coastal community in my part of the world where the aboriginal people regularly report seeing "Bigfoot" or Sasquatch creatures, and simply consider them part of the natural landscape, same as bears or other forest creatures. The skinwalker tales are pretty scary. That one ranger's story of his own encounter was hair-raising, and I can see why people would be reluctant to discuss those kinds of incidents. Definitely an X-files TV show could be made from this!

I like stories like this. I always wonder what it was they saw. I never rule out supernatural stuff there is so many weird stuff. So many different cultures have lore and unexplained stuff. But I also wonder if they saw something "normal" but it just looked weird or like something else. The ranger's story was spooky. 

The apartment ghost story was intriguing, and I do vaguely remember hearing about Colleen Stan, the poor girl that was kept prisoner for so long. Such a horrifying story, and GOOD GOD, HOW HAS THAT GUY GOTTEN PAROLED?!! I do not understand the legal system at all.

I am a sucker for this show.

I don't understand the legal system at all either. So many people get short sentences or parol for horrible crimes while others seem to get long sentences for less serious crimes. The part about Ernie being strangled was spooky. I'm glad the poor girl's body was found. 

• Like 2

I’m late to this, but just watched several episodes.  First I’ll comment on Tiffany who was killed by the train.  It does seem that it was suicide, though I wish some things would have been answered.  The family says she was happy and no reason to take her own life, but sometimes teens made rash decisions and sometimes they can’t get past the horrible fears of what will happen next.  Her mom said she had a volleyball college scholarship.  IF the school discovered that she had misused someone’s credit card, they may have withdrawn that.  That could have been been very embarrassing and have prevented her from attending school, in her mind.  Also, the friend may have threatened to file criminal charges against her for the misuse of the card.  Those things, on top of the other big events like breakup, new relationship, etc. could have caused her a lot of stress.  I wonder of a young woman walking out in the dark in a road like she did……odd.  Who in their right mind does that?  That was 2015 , not 1955.  Way too scary for safety reasons.  Still……..

I wish they had figured out how she got to the train impact area with no damage to the bottom of her feet.  And, why the shoes and headband were located where they were found.  I find the location of the shoes and headband very suspect.  We’re they planted?  Idk.  It seems those in charge could have figured it out and made the investigation thorough and complete.  Their initial report should have been a person was killed on the tracks and later after investigation, they issue findings.  Still, the family would not likely accept it, but at least, it’s done right and the public knows for sure there isn’t a killer in the area.  

Yeah, I thought it odd the family cremated her when they were pushing for further investigation.  

• Like 4
On 10/20/2022 at 11:41 PM, Peanut6711 said:

“It is highly unlikely that this very accomplished 18-year-old female athlete walked barefoot, alone in the woods, without her cellphone, over stones and brush, in the dark along 1.5 miles of isolated railroad tracks on a hot summer night for a total of nearly four hours in order to commit suicide,” -Louise Houseman, a former senior investigator with the Atlantic County Medical Examiner’s Office

I have to agree with the medical examiner on the Tiffany story.  Suicide seems a little too convenient.  I mean, it's a neat little way for the transit authority to wrap up their case, save a ton of paperwork, further investigation, and possibly charges for the drivers, but it doesn't add up.  I might believe that it was accidental if an upset Tiffany had ran off following the arguments with her friends and parents and immediately been hit by the train, but hours later with her time in between unaccounted for makes it suspicious.  And the shoes and headband intact and unbloody miles from the impact site doesn't add up.  Same with her abandoned phone.  If she didn't want to take calls or be tracked, she could have just turned it off. Does not seem likely at all that a teen girl attached to her phone would just drop it in the grass and walk off. 

Most likely the answer to what happened to Tiffany might have been uncovered if police had actually investigated the crime and interviewed her friends and the people at the party for statements (and inconsistent statements) regarding the events leading up to her death.  Some of those kids know what happened.  A few are probably responsible.  The "drama" that evening likely plays a role in her death, but I don't think it led to suicide.  It's far more likely some teens without the best intentions got out of hand.  Now in their mid-twenties, they are hoping everyone stays quiet. 

These are valid questions that I think could have been answered.  They may still be able to answer them with the right experts.  

• Like 3
On 10/25/2022 at 10:02 PM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Episode 6:

It sounds like Josh may have intended to slip away from the party, I assume to meet someone he met on the internet. I suspect that person caused him harm and disposed of his body. Unfortunately, given the amount of time that has gone by it's probably not likely his body will be found. It seems like he was exploring his sexuality but it's possible he was not always doing this in safe ways. The internet is full of sick people. This case is just sad all around. Whether he went willing with someone and was assaulted or was grabbed off the street it sounds like something very bad happened to him.

Ref, Josh.  It’s a good thing police went back years later to see what the latest in technology could glean from Josh’s computer.  Apparently, he was hiding a lot about his personal life.  Likely, him meeting up with an online connection proved fatal. It’s difficult to believe that no one close to him suspected it.    Of course, there’s always the chance he left voluntarily due to fear of living his true life and the reaction he’d get from others.  But, he even left his contact case, so, that’s unlikely.  

Ref. Joanne who was found in the water and family doesn’t believe it was suicide.  She had just left prayer service at church. I’m unsure about this one. It’s very confusing.  Issues are how her body traveled from the shallow water to the large body and the injury to her arm and purse.  The daughter thought she was abducted, killed elsewhere, dumped in water and her car returned to the church lot, however, how could the abductor return the car to the church lot, since the car keys were found in Joanne’s zipped coat pocket?  That says Joanne left her car there, unless someone else had an extra key.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 5/28/2021 at 3:42 PM, andromeda331 said:

Rey Rivera is a pretty good mystery. I don't think he committed suicide mostly because he could have done that by jumping off the hotel and they weren't able to explain how he ended up where he was. But his glasses and cellphone were found undamaged. Which makes no sense if he was murdered. Were they just left? But murder still makes more sense. Especially with his friend/boss refusing to talk or allow any of his employees talk and was once investigated by the SEC. The idea of the hole already being sounds possible. It makes more sense that he was murdered and dropped through the hole into a room never used then he some how was dropped or fell and crashed through the roof feet first. I hope they find out what happened.

In Patrice's case its really hard not to be suspicious of her husband. He immediately locks out her son and won't let him get any of his stuff? Then wanted to hold his wife's skull and sleeps with her ashes. I'd be more surprised if he didn't kill her.

House of Terror-Yeah the husband is still alive. If he was planning to commit suicide he would have done so at the house or the end of his weird road trip. It was all too well planned out. 

No Ride Home-Wow, that town pretty much had racist all over it, didn't it? They claimed to look for Alonzo but who knows. They wouldn't let the family come down to help search for him for a month? Then the family finds him and they decided it wasn't murdered? So Alonzo was so drunk he somehow ditched his shoes and hat and walked all the way down to the creek and fell in while his body somehow manage to stay hidden for a month until his family came to search for him? Yeah, that makes sense. I agree his body was hidden until that point. Nothing else makes sense. The reason why his friends left him at the party makes no sense. One friend gets lost when going to get cigarettes and just doesn't come back? He calls someone to tell him to tell Adam to give him a ride. Alonzo was having a great time. But then another friend said there had been argument or something. 

The UFO story was really interesting. So many different people with stories and after a long distance. I love UFO and other mysteries like that. I don't know if I believe them as much as I want to believe them.

The last case wasn't really a mystery. Everyone knows what happened. Sandy and her boyfriend killed Lena the same way they killed Gary. They just can't prove it. It was weird the one sister who said their mom was a great mom. Nothing that we heard about her soundned like a great mom. Going from man to man, married men, husband's brother, and using Lena to "enforce" the rest of the girls? 

Season Two
Jack Wheeler-I really think he just had mental break most likely from his biopolar. Every video he looked more and more a mess and paraniod. He probably left his briefcase somewhere in the middle of it. Maybe in a fight or maybe just crawled into the trash can? I can really see either one happening. 

Death in Oslo-Suicide seems unlikely given the placement of the gun. There was a small window when the killer could have left. The intelligent agent makes a lot of sense given how far she went to hide her identity and brought very with her. Why no pants or anything? Also, why did she have so many bullets with her? 

Death Row Fugitive-This was infuriating. So they let a man with a life sentence and murdered a child go Christmas Shopping? What the hell is wrong with people? He wasn't some petty criminal or something. What did they think would happen? How the hell did he get approved for that? And thewarrent for his arrest just disappeared from the system? His father's an asshole too. The whole he hope he changed? Your son murderd a child. It doesn't get worse then that. His family is definitely hiding him. 

Tsunami Spirits-I really loved learning about Japanese culture and how spiritual they are. The way they think of death. It was all really fascinating. I loved the monk. I do have mixed thoughts on ghosts. Some stories really did feel like PTSD or how they dealt with what happened. Some of the stories were just so heartbreaking. The man who gave the number of how many co-workers died and the woman who lost one child and trying to raise her other. The child wanting to apologize for letting go of her brother's hand. I loved the taxi cabs giving rides to ghosts and paying the fares. 

Lady in the Lake-Another suicide that makes no sense. So she walked down and slid down and walked into the lake. But they weren't able to find the body? It ended up being found further away? Why was the car moved and brought back? What about the alarm that went off? So how did her body get there if it was suicide? I think the brother knows what happened. He was too suspicious. 

Stolen Kids-Those poor mothers. I lean more towards the kids being stolen to because someone wanted to be a mother or adoption or something. Having to search that whole area and all of those apartments? There's no way to do that quickly. The two kids seem fishy why were they so determined to play with him? But I can't imagine them keeping quiet so long or even after being interviewed by police. The pictures of the other missing children was heartbreaking. I hope their found.

The different setup of the show took awhile to get used to but I ended up liking it. No one can replace Robert Stack. 

Ref. Alonzo Brooks missing from supposedly attending a party with friends…..omg, even though the suspicion seems to be with the residents of that small, rural town, the story of the friend stunk really bad.  Nothing about the story sounded legit, from the reason of the party to the friend leaving to get cigarettes, getting lost, calling and telling Alonzo to get a ride with someone else……no way!  I don’t believe any of that guy’s story, no matter if he did cry. Was he polygraphed?  The guys from Gardner should really be examined.  Was the purpose of the trip there really a party?  The whole thing sounds bogus.  

• Like 4