Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

So "Run, Iris, Run" looks like it should be good -- the other episodes that Wallace has been a writer on I thought were some of the better ones this season. My only hesitation would be that the promo makes it look like it's going to be a humor-heavy episode, and the those have been VERY hit or miss this season. But promos can be misleading, so I'm hopeful.

Candice reposted some fanart of her in the supersuit and the caption says: Purple Reign ?

I wonder if that’s her alter-ego name or if that’s what the artist called the picture....

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 3

Kevin Smith's podcast that was posted recently (but was recorded before his heart attack) mentions that he and buddy Jason Mewes have bit parts in the episode he directed (4.17). Eh, I guess I should have figured he'd end up on-camera eventually. Smith's cool as a director, but I was already iffy about this episode because the same writing team gave us two other sub-par episodes this season, and this isn't helping.

Or maybe it'll be better than I think, like the last couple of episodes?

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Kevin Smith's podcast that was posted recently (but was recorded before his heart attack) mentions that he and buddy Jason Mewes have bit parts in the episode he directed (4.17). Eh, I guess I should have figured he'd end up on-camera eventually. Smith's cool as a director, but I was already iffy about this episode because the same writing team gave us two other sub-par episodes this season, and this isn't helping.

Yeah, this is also the first episode of the "sassy black woman" as described in the casting breakdown. Given that info plus the writing duo for this episode, I am going in with low expectations. That way if it's better than I expect, I will be pleasantly surprised!

Helbing responds to theories about "Mystery Girl":

... executive producer Todd Helbing was tight-lipped about the intermittently appearing character’s identity, instead only saying that the assorted fan theories he has heard are “pretty fun.”

As with Season 1’s Reverse-Flash, Season 2’s Zoom and the Man in the Iron Mask and Season 3’s Savitar, “Every year, there are theories all over the place about what we’re doing,” he said. “Some of them get pretty close, some of them hit, like, one part of it, but they don’t get the other parts.

“I don’t think anybody ever is going to guess exactly what it is,” he added, referring to Mystery Girl’s identity.

Again, Helbing was mum, though he did share a curious clue about the costume Iris wears during her temporary turn as a speedster: its purple color was chosen for a reason, one that we will “find out soon.”

?

I almost never get a theory right this early!

2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Probably 21, which should start filming Friday.

Should 21 start of Friday? I just read somewhere that today should have been day 3 of episode 20. 

Also, Katee just posted that she is on her way to Canada tonight. So, she might be in episode 20 and possibly 21. Amunet's last episode had nothing to do with Caitlin, so that part might be over. 

On 3/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, SnoGirl said:

Candice reposted some fanart of her in the supersuit and the caption says: Purple Reign ?

I wonder if that’s her alter-ego name or if that’s what the artist called the picture....

It's a good thing she's not on Earth-38.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:28 PM, Trini said:

Who wrote the episode? The same people who wrote 4x06 and 4x13? Because I didn't like those ones.

9 minutes ago, Starry said:

Who wrote the episode? The same people who wrote 4x06 and 4x13? Because I didn't like those ones.

Kristin Kim and Lauren Certo. They wrote 4x05 (Girls Night Out) and 4x10 (Trial of The Flash). 

• Love 1

Spoiler roundup from the latest interviews:

Elsewhere in the episode, Harry donned his own Thinker-esque brain cap, despite Cisco’s concerns about exposing his rageaholic personality to dark matter. “He’s been struggling all season with trying to out-think somebody that’s smarter than him,” Helbing described. “It’s driving him nuts. It’s a slippery slope of what he’s willing to do to be better than this guy. It’s going to have a disastrous outcome.”

Could we be looking at another incarnation of a villainous Harrison Wells? “No comment,” the EP replied.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/13/the-flash-recap-season-4-episode-16-iris-journalism-reporter/

What else can you tell us about what's coming up?

What can I say that won't get me in trouble? [Laughs] I will say that Iris and the Mechanic (Kim Engelbrecht) have a pretty epic showdown. There is gonna be a really cool fight sequence between the two of us. I was really excited about that. I don't think we've ever seen two women without superpowers fight, like hand-to-hand combat. There are a lot of good battles coming up and we're coming to the end of trying to figure out how to take down DeVoe and using everything in our arsenal to do that.

We're so enjoying the fact this this villain isn't about speed or racing Barry.

Exactly. Yeah, it's all thought. We're pulling out all the stops. I won't give too much, but we're using anyone and everyone we can. That means anyone's up for grabs, even previous villains that we've seen on the show. We're using anyone we can to help us come up with an idea to defeat DeVoe. I'm actually reading Episode 21 now, and Iris is gonna be a big part of that, using her journalism to try and figure out what's the best plan of action to take down DeVoe.

https://www.tvinsider.com/673346/the-flash-season-4-candice-patton-iris-west/

Candice mentions that Iris' lightning is purple for a reason in her ET interview: https://www.facebook.com/EntertainmentTonight/videos/10156308756046180/

HELBING:  There was a specific reason for the jacket. That’s all I’ll give you.  

How will Cecile being a telepath eventually play into the DeVoe story?  

HELBING:  It’s really cool! I can’t really go into too much detail, but it plays in, in the last couple of episodes. It’s pretty trippy.  

http://collider.com/the-flash-candice-patton-interview-run-iris-run/

10 hours ago, Trini said:

I will say that Iris and the Mechanic (Kim Engelbrecht) have a pretty epic showdown. There is gonna be a really cool fight sequence between the two of us. I was really excited about that. I don't think we've ever seen two women without superpowers fight, like hand-to-hand combat. There are a lot of good battles coming up and we're coming to the end of trying to figure out how to take down DeVoe and using everything in our arsenal to do that.

10 hours ago, Trini said:

How will Cecile being a telepath eventually play into the DeVoe story?  

HELBING:  It’s really cool! I can’t really go into too much detail, but it plays in, in the last couple of episodes. It’s pretty trippy.  

Between these two spoilers, I am unbelievably psyched! Woohoo!

Okay, predictions/speculation:

• So the Mystery Girl must be Dawn(?) Allen - Barry & Iris' daughter. Iris' speedster costume was a nod to the Tornado Twins colors, and Iris passes the jacket on to Dawn -- either later this season in the present, or in the future (maybe we'll see later that Dawn already has the jacket). And we'll know she's related to Iris because of the purple lightning. 

And many are taking Candice mentioning Barry & Iris having children as a hint to a pregnancy for Iris, but I'm taking it as a hint that we will see their children soon - not as babies, but older children from the future. *Dawn* I really don't think the writers are interested in a pregnancy arc - they barely care about Joe's next kid - especially when they have time travel/time travellers and they can just skip all the "boring" pregnancy/baby stuff and have the kid speedsters show up.

• I hope that previous villains hint means we'll see Captain Cold again. But who would the team try to recruit? Or at least try to get ideas from? I doubt it's going to be one of the one-off villains-of-the-week; or maybe it will, since they're kinda bad about bring back people. I know who I would want to see back, but I don't know if it fits the show's plans or actor availability....

• Arghh - I don't want Wells to go evil/a darker shade of morally grey. We already saw this with Thawne and Season 2 Harry. However, if they are going to parallel what happened to DeVoe with Harry, then I bet they are going to have him a wheelchair at some point by the end of the season.

• Iris in a fist fight?? We know she can throw a punch when she needs to, and I've been waiting for another showdown between the 'better halves' of these power couples, but I'm just wondering HOW they got into that situation in the first place!
Edited by Trini
typos argh

If they have Iris be pregnant in the finale though, that means she won't have to be pregnant on the show that long, just the first third of the next season. She'd probably give birth in episode 8 or 9.

A pregnant Iris for 8 episodes is doable. I can see them doing that when they decide to do it.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

If they have Iris be pregnant in the finale though, that means she won't have to be pregnant on the show that long, just the first third of the next season. She'd probably give birth in episode 8 or 9.

A pregnant Iris for 8 episodes is doable. I can see them doing when they decide to do it.

It's not just the pregnancy, though. Then they'd have to do a whole new parents arc for Barry & Iris; and Iris might be sidelined taking care of the twins(?), and even if they're just babies, that's two new characters they have to write for, and I just don't think that's the show they want to do.

I do think it's totally possible that Iris could be pregnant on the show, but I doubt it would be so soon. They're only just married. (But I admit that I do not want to see her pregnant anytime soon!)

• Love 5

As someone who wants to see the twins as babies but is skeptical it’s happening anytime soon, I hope they do an episode where they go to the future and show older versions of Barry and Iris with their baby twins :)

• Love 2

Other sites have put out info/spec about the last two bus metas that were named, but I'm linking this one since it's nice and succinct:

As for the two names Harry was able to think of, the remaining bus metas are Edwin Gauss and Janet Petty. Both come from the comics, but one has much more potential for a game-changing twist than the other. While Janet Petty is probably Null from the comics (a jewel thief who can manipulate gravity), it's Edwin Gauss that poses more of a threat to Team Flash if The Thinker gains his powers. Since The Thinker keeps retreating to his lair in a pocket dimension, Gauss' comic book powers of the ability to travel to different dimensions and opening portals to different dimensions whenever he wants is extremely important. If The Thinker kills Gauss and absorbs his powers, he won't need technology to come and go through dimensions as he pleases and will be harder to catch. On the other hand, if Team Flash manages to find Gauss first and allies him with the team, he can be the key they need to catching The Thinker on his home turf. That could be what they all need to turn the tide against The Thinker. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-flash-candice-patton-todd-helbing-interview-1094835

• Love 1
1 hour ago, doram said:

So what's the difference between this power and Vibe's?

I'm not familiar with the character, but from what I gather, he can 'fold' space, make himself and other objects/people 2-dimensional. Vibe can detect and harness 'vibrational'(??) energies.

From the promo for 4.17, "Null and Annoyed", it looks like it's another Ralph-heavy episode - SIGH. Then Breacher is also supposed to show up, but since he isn't in the promo, I'm guessing that he has another minor side plot with Cisco? I hope it's more substantial, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Danny Trejo was great in his previous guest spot, but I hope that since they went through the trouble of bringing him back, they use him well.

I'm assuming this next meta either gets captured/killed by DeVoe, or put in jail. But I've get a theory that he ends up snatching Melting Point instead -- I hope not; but it seems the next logical step since his power is more useful. Plus I can see them wanting Leonardo Nam to play DeVoe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

From the promo for 4.17, "Null and Annoyed", it looks like it's another Ralph-heavy episode - SIGH. Then Breacher is also supposed to show up, but since he isn't in the promo, I'm guessing that he has another minor side plot with Cisco? I hope it's more substantial, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Danny Trejo was great in his previous guest spot, but I hope that since they went through the trouble of bringing him back, they use him well.

I'm assuming this next meta either gets captured/killed by DeVoe, or put in jail. But I've get a theory that he ends up snatching Melting Point instead -- I hope not; but it seems the next logical step since his power is more useful. Plus I can see them wanting Leonardo Nam to play DeVoe.

Ugh. I'm so tired of Ralph. I do know that Harley went on a vacation during the filming of 19 and 20. I'm still not sure that he is back on set. Also, it seems as if Kim E has had a lot of time off. I think she's in Thailand right now. Anyways, my point is that I think a nice Ralph break is coming up soon.

Yeah, he's been gone and Neil Sandilands has definitely been back, so I think we can reasonably conclude that Ralph gets taken by DeVoe and he uses him to get his old body back. In that case, we probably won't see Ralph until the season finale (assuming he's not actually dead and they're able to rescue him once they defeat Devoe).

I  guess they could just kill him, but...I kinda don't think that'll happen. I bet Ralph's cells allow him to survive inside Devoe somehow. 

• Love 2

I think they'll come up with some way to use Ralph as a Trojan Horse, either inevitably or deliberately taken by Devoe.   It will probably fail at first, making them think Ralph is lost but eventually kick in and allow them to stop Devoe.    

• Love 1

Indeed, 4.17 is a another Ralph episode - repeating the same character beats we've seen seen before. *HARSH SIGH*

"Null and Annoyed"

DANNY TREJO RETURNS AS BREACHER; KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS -

Barry (Grant Gustin) and Ralph (guest star Hartley Sawyer) take different approaches to finding the remaining bus metas before DeVoe gets to them. However, Ralph's cavalier attitude frustrates Barry and the two clash over what it means to be a hero. Meanwhile, Breacher (guest star Danny Trejo) returns to ask Cisco (Carlos Valdes) for a favor.

Kevin Smith directed the episode written by Lauren Certo & Kristen Kim (

#417). Original airdate 4/10/2018.

Can Cisco get at least one A-plot this season? Please??

---

Breacher shows up to ask what conditioner Cisco uses... ?

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Trini said:

Indeed, 4.17 is a another Ralph episode - repeating the same character beats we've seen seen before. *HARSH SIGH*

Can Cisco get at least one A-plot this season? Please??

---

Breacher shows up to ask what conditioner Cisco uses... ?

ANOTHER "Ralph is a pain in the ass" episode?  We're starting to get those as frequently as we saw characters end up in the hospital on Smallville back in the day.

Barry is often a selfish, terrible hero but Ralph is the last person to be debating him on that point.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trini said:

Or maybe Joe finally asked Cecile to marry him and it's a combo engagement party.

Good point! It's been so bizzare to me that marriage has never come up as an option for Joe/Cecile. 

Since Iris has a glass of wine, I'm guessing that she isn't pregnant at this point?

• Love 1

Doesn't look like it.

I guess that's something they could save for the season finale, as a surprise at the end. Although I figured that would have been the reveal of the twins, since Barry's still got to say that diapers line, doesn't he? It'd be so annoying if they decided to just forget about that. They repeated it, so they wanted the audience to pick up on it, it had to mean something.

On 29/03/2018 at 1:15 AM, ruby24 said:

I guess that's something they could save for the season finale, as a surprise at the end. Although I figured that would have been the reveal of the twins, since Barry's still got to say that diapers line, doesn't he? It'd be so annoying if they decided to just forget about that. They repeated it, so they wanted the audience to pick up on it, it had to mean something.

Seeing as they finally brought back that shot of Barry in prison way back from the season 1 finale, I don't think they tend to forget about plot points like this. They just delay them until they're needed. We also need to hear Barry utter the "Nora shouldn't be here" line at some point. 

I'm going to guess Iris will be pregnant in the season finale, or early next season. The Flash is going to be on air for a while because it's the highest rated show on the network right now, so they have all the time to have a pregnant Iris. I do not need it to happen this season. 

(edited)

4.18 description:

"Lose Yourself" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

RALPH CONSIDERS CROSSING A LINE TO DEFEAT THE THINKER - When Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash find a way to enter The Thinker's lair, Ralph (guest star Hartley Sawyer) considers crossing a dangerous line to defeat DeVoe. Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) is concerned by Harry's (Tom Cavanagh) recent behavior.

Hanelle Culpepper directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza

(#418). Original airdate 4/17/2018.

-------
Well, you're not a real member of Team Flash until you get kidnapped, so I'm guessing that's what happens here.

Edited by Trini

TVLine's May Sweeps Scorecard 2018 is here!

Early guesses for Flash:

Number of characters giving birth:  - Cecile

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: - Not really any new couples on the show, but maybe ILUs for Cisco and Cynthia?

Number of weddings: - Joe & Cecile? I doubt it though.

Number of couples reuniting: - Since we haven't seen Cynthia since episode 4, would this count for Cisco/Cynthia?

Number of fatalities: - Well, The Thinker, and probably Marlize too. (But it would be a twist if she lived since they've always killed the Big Bads.)

Number of breakups/divorces: - Clifford/Marlize. Maybe Cisco/Cynthia, if they can't lock down Jessica Camacho as recurring.

Number of characters leaving town: - Harry goes back to Earth-2.

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: - Maybe some of the bus metas? Wally?

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: Joe is the only one employed, but maybe Iris gets back to CCPN?

• Love 1

EW Spoiler Room:

You know how I’ve been saying all season long that Harry is hiding something when it comes to DeVoe? Well, check out what Carlos Valdes recently told me: “The biggest secret weapon that Team Flash has at the moment is the Thinking Cap,” he says. “It seems to be the next logical step in taking down DeVoe is to match his intelligence. However, that situation starts to get complicated. Harry gets ahead of himself and some dark secrets come out that definitely complicate his relationship to the team, especially his relationship to Cisco.”

What other 'dark secrets' could Harry have? Is everyone going to finally find out he killed The Turtle? (Yes, I'm still annoyed by that.)

I'm starting to think Harry will probably be a villain next season. Maybe he takes Killer Frost along with him.

That would explain Dawn's reaction to meeting them- and also I'm thinking that this entire Dawn thing is setup for Season 5 for sure. I'm actually really surprised they started setup for Season 5 so early. To introduce her in the first third of the season, really? I mean, was that even necessary? If her whole thing is for next year she could have easily shown up in episode 20 or so of this season, not episode 8.

I guess they just thought it would be that cool to have their future child show up at their wedding...but she still hasn't been confirmed as their future child, so I don't really know why they had to have that happen so early.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, ruby24 said:

I'm starting to think Harry will probably be a villain next season. Maybe he takes Killer Frost along with him.

I hope not; mainly because we've already had a Wells as a villain. It would feel like a retread of season 1. I think that Harry will get really close to the dark side, then the team - or one person?- pulls him back from the brink near the end of the season.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, ruby24 said:

I guess they just thought it would be that cool to have their future child show up at their wedding...but she still hasn't been confirmed as their future child, so I don't really know why they had to have that happen so early.

I don't mind her showing up at the wedding; but yeah, the fact that she has shown up 2 more times without explanation or connection to the main plots, is weird. They could have had her next appearance be in the third act of the season after everyone had forgotten about her. It might have been a better payoff.

---

Anyway, I'm keeping my expectations low for the next episode; doesn't look as good as the last two.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, Trini said:

Is there usually wine at a baby shower? But that's probably it, though. (I'd love a do-over for both bachelor/ette parties, but I know that's not happening...)

LOL. Wine is the only thing that makes baby showers survivable.  Any showers actually. Mimosas are usually more popular for morning showers but I’ve seen wine at most showers I’ve been too (I have a lot of female friends who are having babies).

14 hours ago, ruby24 said:

That would explain Dawn's reaction to meeting them- and also I'm thinking that this entire Dawn thing is setup for Season 5 for sure. I'm actually really surprised they started setup for Season 5 so early. To introduce her in the first third of the season, really? I mean, was that even necessary? If her whole thing is for next year she could have easily shown up in episode 20 or so of this season, not episode 8.

I was thinking the same thing when Dawn was so frosty to both Harry and Caitlyn when they left. I was disappointed, bc I really like where they’re finally headed to with Caitlyn/Frost. I hope she doesn’t cross completely to the darkside. I also hope Harry isnt a villian bc you know, retread much?

I hope Iris is not pregnant. I want her in charge and reporting. I feel like as soon as she’s pregnant, Barry is going to be insufferable when it comes to the things Iris can and cannot do.

• Love 3

Some spoiler-y bits from the Carlos interview at Variety:

There is definitely some growing pains in terms of Harry’s relationship with the cap — figuring out how to make it work better. As the episodes progress, even though Harry will be using the Thinking Cap, DeVoe will always find a way to be a few steps ahead of the team. It’s more a matter of Harry dealing with his own frustration. But down the line, a dark secret will come to light that will test the relationship between Harry and Cisco.

Just like with the last Breacher-Cisco episode we’re dealing with things that are vaguely reminiscent of in-law awkwardness. In this scenario Breacher’s powers are weakening, and Caitlin and Cisco learn that it’s because he’s getting older. Cisco is charged with the task of telling his girlfriend’s father that he’s getting too old.

This season has been the most challenging in terms of justifying this relationship [Cisco/Cynthia]. They’re leading a very long-distance relationship — between dimensions — and I think just like in the real world that comes with a cost. Some of these episodes, as we head toward the end of the season, deal with Cisco and Gypsy’s difficulties of making this work properly across dimensions, and how differing expectations of a long-distance relationship can really test the limits of it.

I just hate that their relationship progress depends on the actress availibilty. :(

Yeah, since she's barely been on the show at all, I think they'll probably break up when she shows up again. Doesn't the actress have a regular gig on another show now? I know they've decided it's not necessary to spend any time on or even show the supporting character's relationships, but that's kind of an issue. For a character like Cisco to be in a relationship, I DO think they have to have her on at least a little more if they expect the audience to be invested in it (at least as much as Cecile, for example).

If she can only show up once or twice a season and is never even mentioned the rest of the time, I think the show has to call it quits.