Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

On 01/02/2018 at 11:45 PM, doram said:

Fefe can hop from show to show at the drop of a hat but they can't write Wally a proper goodbye on his own show?

Well it was once as a solo crossover ( for a reason) after nearly a year. Flash also got Smart to ditch the Waverider for an episode in a tight time frame of S1 of LOT to come help Barry.

So maybe it is they give zero effs about Wally, but Good News LOT will highly likely make much better use of him. However I would be surprised if there was no send off from them at all or even a "where the hell have you been?" " With a team who appreciate me!" This season, we know nothing about his arc apart from Rip being involved in it.

8 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Well it was once as a solo crossover ( for a reason) after nearly a year. Flash also got Smart to ditch the Waverider for an episode in a tight time frame of S1 of LOT to come help Barry.

So maybe it is they give zero effs about Wally, but Good News LOT will highly likely make much better use of him. However I would be surprised if there was no send off from them at all or even a "where the hell have you been?" " With a team who appreciate me!" This season, we know nothing about his arc apart from Rip being involved in it.

I wonder if the ‘good-bye’ scene might take place on LoT? Sara and Ray have said their good-byes to Arrow characters but the scenes all took place on LoT. 

I’d love to see Iris (who almost never crosses over)  or Joe stop by LoT.

• Love 1

I posted this in the episode thread, but I feel so sure this will happen now that I gotta post it here, lol.

Okay, so I bet what will happen is that Ralph gets snatched by DeVoe somewhere around episode 18...and he uses him to get his old body and make Marlize love him again. This way we get Neil Sandilands back for the final run of episodes. 

What do you guys think? I just can't let go of the idea that they're gonna want the real Clifford DeVoe back somehow and now we've seen how it can happen. And with all this focus on Ralph this season...it just makes sense.

I bet we'll even get some sort of Nutty Professor moment where Ralph tries to battle him to get out of his body. I'm sure they'll figure out how to defeat DeVoe without killing Ralph, but it's just a little too perfect that Ralph has suddenly discovered these shapeshifting powers and then we see him impersonate DeVoe.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I posted this in the episode thread, but I feel so sure this will happen now that I gotta post it here, lol.

Okay, so I bet what will happen is that Ralph gets snatched by DeVoe somewhere around episode 18...and he uses him to get his old body and make Marlize love him again. This way we get Neil Sandilands back for the final run of episodes. 

What do you guys think? I just can't let go of the idea that they're gonna want the real Clifford DeVoe back somehow and now we've seen how it can happen. And with all this focus on Ralph this season...it just makes sense.

I bet we'll even get some sort of Nutty Professor moment where Ralph tries to battle him to get out of his body. I'm sure they'll figure out how to defeat DeVoe without killing Ralph, but it's just a little too perfect that Ralph has suddenly discovered these shapeshifting powers and then we see him impersonate DeVoe.

I think it's a valid theory; but the problem I have with it is that so far, everyone DeVoe has taken over has died. I mean, they could always be lame, and change the rules just for Ralph, but right now, if DeVoe did take over Ralph, he'd be gone. If they had actually showed Dominic trying to break through, maybe i could be behind this more.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

I mean, they could always be lame, and change the rules just for Ralph, but right now, if DeVoe did take over Ralph, he'd be gone.

I think the reason DeVoe kills people when he possesses them is that there's only so much space to contain him and his super-knowledge, so the original person gets over-ridden.  With Ralph's weird stretchy cells, he might be able to host DeVoe without losing himself.  Or that's going to be the BS reason why Ralph survives, anyway.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

Episode 4.14 promo and episode description:

"Subject 9"

RALPH FEARS FOR HIS LIFE - Barry (Grant Gustin) meets a powerful woman whose abilities could help him in his battle with DeVoe (guest star Sugar Lyn Beard). Meanwhile, after learning that DeVoe is targeting everyone who was on the bus, Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) decides he doesn't want to be a hero anymore, his only concern is staying alive. Harry (Tom Cavanagh) offers to help Joe (Jesse L. Martin).

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Mike Alber & Gabe Snyder

(#414). Original airdate 2/27/2018.

BTW, Alber and Synder are another two Nickelodeon writers. This is their first episode. I'm unsure if they are just doing this one, or they're actually joining the writing staff.

------

So Ralph has a crisis about being a hero AGAIN?? Why do they keep devoting screentime to this? To him?

Also the new meta looks like a gender-bent version of The Fiddler; another obscure-ish Flash villain.

• Love 1

I think we know why all the focus on Ralph. They're building up to him getting taken and possessed by DeVoe, which is something that's probably going to happen around episode 18 and last until the finale. So we need to get a lot of him now, so that it will be sad when they all think he's dead.

14 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I think we know why all the focus on Ralph. They're building up to him getting taken and possessed by DeVoe, which is something that's probably going to happen around episode 18 and last until the finale. So we need to get a lot of him now, so that it will be sad when they all think he's dead.

Good riddance, Ralphy!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Maverick said:

If Devoe takes over Ralph, Team Flash will probably anticipate it and concoct something to give him that prevents Devoe from taking complete control. 

That would require thinking ahead and being proactive, neither of which strengths of Team Flash.  More than likely they'll be gobsmacked by this completely predictable turn of events and hope Ralph can throw off DeVoe's control with the power of friendship because friendship is magic like in My Little Brony.

• Love 1

I was really hoping we'd see Mystery Girl/Probably Dawn Allen again before the break. If she wasn't here to help Barry get out of prison, I'm hoping she helps with defeating DeVoe. I suck at predicting these things, but I'll guess we won't see her again until 4.17. (Now watch the show put her in another end tag before then!)

• Love 1

She must have something to do with DeVoe. Or she's only there to set up Season 5. Or both! Probably both, because if she IS Dawn Allen, we're definitely going to see her again, along with Don and Bart eventually, so that stuff is definitely coming in future seasons.

I do think next time we see her it won't be another tag, it'll finally be an actual part. Question is what episode is that happening in. Your guess is 17, mine is 19. Or maybe even 20.

Remember, my theory is that in episode 18, Ralph will be taken and possessed by DeVoe, so that Neil Sandilands will be back as Clifford for the rest of the season, and Ralph will be gone until the finale. After that point, Dawn could come in as someone who helps them turn the page on defeating DeVoe.

• Love 1

4.15 description:

"Enter Flashtime"

JESSE QUICK AND JAY GARRICK TEAM UP WITH THE FLASH - When a nuclear bomb detonates in downtown Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin), Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) and Jay Garrick (guest star John Wesley Shipp) slow down time by entering Flashtime. As everyone in the city is frozen, the three speedsters push themselves to the breaking point to save the city and everyone in it.

Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Sterling Gates

(#415). Original airdate 3/6/2018.

If they don't at least mention Wally -- come on.... But this episode sounds pretty good, with a focus on the speedsters. I'll be glad to see Jesse and Jay again. Now if only they could get Wally/Keiynan to 'guest star' on his own show....

ETA: Also this one looks like it might be a key episode since Helbing is one of the writers.

Edited by Trini
full description
  • Love 3
On 10/13/2016 at 5:24 PM, zannej said:

Yeah. I remember her from the comics. I think it was Teen Titans or New Teen Titans or Tales of the Teen Titans (one of those) where Wally had to convince her he still loved her to calm her down. I read it a loooong time ago so my memory on it is vague.

First off, long time no see.

Second....... Hey, I found it!!!!

It was actually Flash's comic book (which explains why it took me a long time to find it)

A story arc in which Nightwing and Starfire guest starred (which also explains why "we" thought it was in a Titan comic book).

• Love 1
On 1/28/2018 at 2:59 AM, Trini said:

If she's getting a costume, even for just an episode, marketing should do a poster for Iris. She was on two with Barry for the 2017 Crossover, and one for the musical - but as 'Millie'. This is an opportunity for a solo poster as Iris.

Yay!

• Love 3

Wooo!

I can nitpick about the mask and that it's yet another pleather jacket in the Arrowverse, but the poster is awesome!

fla_iris_single.jpg

Plus the episode description (there might be a typo in there?):

The episode, titled “Run, Iris, Run” is set to air Tuesday, March 13, and is officially described as follows:

“Team Flash confronts a new bus meta, Matthew AKA Melting Pot (guest star Leonardo Nam), with the ability to swap people’s DNA. During a battle with Team Flash, Harold transfers Barry’s (Grant Gustin) super speed to Iris (Candice Patton). Now, with a new threat unleashed on Central City, Barry must act as the team leader while Iris takes on the mantle of superhero speedster in order to defeat their new foe.”

The episode was directed by Harry Jierjian and written by Eric Wallace.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/412425-iris-suits-up-in-poster-for-run-iris-run-episode-of-the-flash

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

Writers and director for 4.18:

That's Hanelle Culpepper, and Jonathan Butler and Gabriel Garza, the first set of Nickelodeon writers. Haven't really been a fan of their episodes; Culpepper is fine, though. It's her third episode.

Another website pointed out that purple and white are the colors for several other speedsters, including several Flash descendants. So with (probably) Dawn Allen playing a part in this season, I want to see Iris to pass down her speedster costume to her. Since, presumably, her having powers is a one-time thing.

But about the 4.16 plot:

Team Flash confronts a new bus meta, Matthew AKA Melting Pot with the ability to swap people’s DNA. During a battle with Team Flash, Matthew transfers Barry’s super speed to Iris.  Now, with a new threat unleashed on Central City, Barry must act as the team leader while Iris takes on the mantle of superhero speedster in order to defeat their new foe.

Did they just make up that meta just to have this story? Because that's a really weird "power" to have. What does that even look like? But anyway, my point is, they could have done the power transfer a different way. Like connecting it to Barry's connection to the speed force, and his connection to Iris.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Trini said:

Another website pointed out that purple and white are the colors for several other speedsters, including several Flash descendants. So with (probably) Dawn Allen playing a part in this season, I want to see Iris to pass down her speedster costume to her. Since, presumably, her having powers is a one-time thing.

Now that is something I could definitely get on board with. 

I guess this season's theme is the Bus Meta's so that's why it's connected. And it's the easiest way to go about it without having to say why it won't happen in other episodes?  

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lots of exciting stuff coming up I see! That suit looks really good, and I love the idea of Iris giving the Speedster suit to 'hopefully Dawn Allen'. I think the reason for he switch is fine, though like many others I was expecting it to be somehow connected to Barry's connection to the Speed Force and Iris' connection to him. I thought the court room scene was a hint of that. But who knows how things will turn out. It could be that they start the episode thinking that's what happened, but at the end of the episode or a few episodes later find out that there are deeper reasons.

Since LOT will be done with filming soon, I hope Wally shows up at the end of the Flash season, even if i's just to fill everyone in on what he has been doing and what he's going to be doing. Besides if mystery girl is Barry/Iris' daughter and if Joe and Cecile's baby is born it would be nice if he's there to meet his family. Do we know if Wally will also be a regular next season on LOT?  

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Starry said:

So Cisco is making Iris a suit?

You just know he's been waiting to suit up someone as gorgeous as Iris! i just wonder what her speedster codename will be.

But about the suit itself, it's good; I like the details and the bit of color. Not liking that it's another biker jacket, but it in this context it might make sense since I've read that the look is based on the costume of a speedster from the comics that in fact, uses a motorcycle. They could have been more creative with the mask; it's exactly like Jesse's.

57 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Do we know if Wally will also be a regular next season on LOT?  

Unless, they announce something else later, I assume he is, since they announced that he was a regular on that show now.

• Love 1
On 2/23/2018 at 3:11 PM, Trini said:

You just know he's been waiting to suit up someone as gorgeous as Iris! i just wonder what her speedster codename will be.

But about the suit itself, it's good; I like the details and the bit of color. Not liking that it's another biker jacket, but it in this context it might make sense since I've read that the look is based on the costume of a speedster from the comics that in fact, uses a motorcycle. They could have been more creative with the mask; it's exactly like Jesse's.

I wanted to revise my comments after looking more closely at the comic speedster costumes. When the set photos came out, a lot of places were speculating the Iris was going to be the Hot Pursuit version of the Flash, since the top looks like a motorcycle jacket. But her costume actually doesn't resemble Hot Pursuit's, in design or colors. It looks more like Jenni Ognats' - a Flash granddaughter - which has been colored dark blue/white or purple/white.

In relation to Mystery Girl, I still think she's most likely Dawn Allen, but this this does add to the spec that she might be Jenni.

---

And speaking of Kevin Smith being supportive of Candice/Iris, I was reminded of this from Season 2:

tumblr_od4a35wSvf1uezmbko2_250.giftumblr_od4a35wSvf1uezmbko1_250.giftumblr_od4a35wSvf1uezmbko3_250.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxinXZbRzjE

• Love 5
On 2/22/2018 at 10:46 PM, Trini said:

But about the 4.16 plot:

Did they just make up that meta just to have this story? Because that's a really weird "power" to have. What does that even look like? But anyway, my point is, they could have done the power transfer a different way. Like connecting it to Barry's connection to the speed force, and his connection to Iris.

For Devoe, it would be a useful power to have, though.  And the bus metas were of his making.

That said,  not sure what his need for the Native American meta's power or shrinky guy's power is.  Becky Sharpe's and even Dominics I get, and yes Ralph's as well, but some of them are puzzlers.

6 hours ago, Starry said:

Isn't Hot Pursuit Patty Spivot in the comics? ...

Apparently, there's a Barry Allen version and a Patty version - comics!

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

For Devoe, it would be a useful power to have, though.  And the bus metas were of his making.

That said,  not sure what his need for the Native American meta's power or shrinky guy's power is.  Becky Sharpe's and even Dominics I get, and yes Ralph's as well, but some of them are puzzlers.

The show still hasn't convinced me that DeVoe planned the bus metas, and I'm even less convinced that he was able to plan/create specific powers. But anyway, if they were going to introduce a DNA swapping meta (still a weird, and conveniently specific power), then they shouldn't have had DeVoe take the bus metas' powers in 4.13, and waited until this meta showed up. Because it makes more sense than him being able to do it with his chair, since the show has established that powers are connected to DNA.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

The show still hasn't convinced me that DeVoe planned the bus metas, and I'm even less convinced that he was able to plan/create specific powers. But anyway, if they were going to introduce a DNA swapping meta (still a weird, and conveniently specific power), then they shouldn't have had DeVoe take the bus metas' powers in 4.13, and waited until this meta showed up. Because it makes more sense than him being able to do it with his chair, since the show has established that powers are connected to DNA.

Yeah, the show is maddening when it comes to DeVoe's master plan.  There is obviously some plan at play because I still think the non-sensical stuff Barry was saying coming out the Speedforce and the 'maybe Dawn Allen' character will come into play somehow. As far as DeVoe stealing the metas powers in 4.13, judging by Marlize's reaction, I am reading that as him going off book.   That Barry busting them out wasn't something he calculated for.

• Love 1

Yeah, the show is maddening when it comes to DeVoe's master plan.  There is obviously some plan at play because I still think the non-sensical stuff Barry was saying coming out the Speedforce and the 'maybe Dawn Allen' character will come into play somehow. As far as DeVoe stealing the metas powers in 4.13, judging by Marlize's reaction, I am reading that as him going off book.   That Barry busting them out wasn't something he calculated for.

Yes, it is! I do think the show is alluding to his original powers being lessened with each "take over" that he completes. I sorta think 'maybe Dawn Allen' isn't connected at all, and is just a jumping point for season 5. I thought she would be related to Barry getting out, but now I have no clue.

Okay, so I am really wondering about this DNA thing. When Caitlin tested his DNA she said he was not a meta, but we also saw that he did not have a 'regular' brain anymore. How has his DNA not been impacted by that at all? I hope the show explains that part at some point. 

2 hours ago, Kate45 said:

Okay, so I am really wondering about this DNA thing. When Caitlin tested his DNA she said he was not a meta, but we also saw that he did not have a 'regular' brain anymore. How has his DNA not been impacted by that at all? I hope the show explains that part at some point. 

On this particular point: during Barry's last confrontation with DeVoe in that episode, I think that DeVoe said something about being able to fool their tests, so I'm pretty sure his brain was changed.

17 hours ago, Trini said:

On this particular point: during Barry's last confrontation with DeVoe in that episode, I think that DeVoe said something about being able to fool their tests, so I'm pretty sure his brain was changed.

Thanks, I totally forgot about that point! So, now I'm wondering how they didn't realize that DeVoe must be a meta when they did the autopsy, since his brain was different? 

Perhaps they never checked his brain. 

There was a spoiler a while back about Wentworth Miller was coming back to film an episode in January -- but I haven't heard anything about him being on set, or any other teases of Snart returning, so I wonder if he's still making an appearance? Maybe it's later episode?(if he's still coming back)

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, Trini said:

Episode 4.14 promo and episode description:

BTW, Alber and Synder are another two Nickelodeon writers. This is their first episode. I'm unsure if they are just doing this one, or they're actually joining the writing staff.

------

So Ralph has a crisis about being a hero AGAIN?? Why do they keep devoting screentime to this? To him?

Also the new meta looks like a gender-bent version of The Fiddler; another obscure-ish Flash villain.

My thoughts exactly.  ANOTHER storyline where Ralph wants to quite being a hero because he's afraid?  Really?  Between this and Rene telling Oliver 8,000 times "This doesn't change anything, hoss" the repetitiveness of the writing has reached unbearable levels in most of the Arrowverse.

• Love 1

From the Variety interview with Hartley Sawyer linked in the media thread:

The first look at Iris, after she received Speed Force powers, was recently revealed. How does Ralph react to her with powers?

I think the only thing I can tease is that he struggles with it. It does give Ralph and Iris to have some real one-on-one time which is really interesting. It’s a cool dynamic and a cool relationship that they have.

Iris/Candice looks great! New powers, new hairstyle. Can they please put her in a ponytail (or anything else) more often?

But it seems the DNA changing metahuman isn't a big part of this episode, so maybe the Thinker plot isn't going to be advanced in 4.16.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Is Iris getting a codename to go with the new threads?

I'm assuming she does; but I don't think it will be revealed before the episode airs.

I was looking at the promo for 4.16 again, and it looks like Iris is actually wearing the speedster(?) outfit before she gets Barry's powers -- so now I wonder why Cisco made it if it wasn't because of her getting speed??