Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Nail Salon

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Wow! Awesome! I had a good friend in my dog park (rodhesian ridgeback) that got Lyme too and he too ended up being somewhat OK after a lot of treatment. My husband is doing well, but every time he gets a blood test it comes up.

I reread the original article a few times before I posted to make sure about the no treatment, then subsequently found another that said she had antibiotics. Just curious - did your dog need intravenous? 

16 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Nope, it was a meat-flavored chewable made at a compounding pharmacy if I remember correctly. Easy!

16 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Wow again! That's also again awesome! I also had a friend with a fairly expensive horse that got it and he was never the same since. Giza (the dog) seemed to get eventually get over it though according to his owner.

(Just bringing this over from the Amber thread so we don't get in OT trouble.)

He had also parvo at 9 months (he was sick when I adopted him) and recovered. Terriers - he's a Norwich mix - are tough, and a little insane. He has definitely been a challenge.

Dogs can get Lyme more than once so we monitor him carefully for early intervention and keep him on tick prevention year-round. We can tell when he's sick because he gets all sweet and mellow. Not his normal annoying self, LOL.

I still have to watch this. I didn't record it last night because I didn't want them tacking on the so so manzoid show to garner a better false rating. Don't want  them to have any kind of rating.

While Albie fluffs Andy is mommie fluffing Albie as she hunts down a paid beard I mean girlfriend for him?

• Love 1

????  Should be around July that's when it was last year. Of course it was the first season post incarceration and the last non-reunion show was shot about the time Joe went to college in March. 

Film scheduling may change up now that Theresa graduated and is available.

So after the terrible season with the twins and Amber, and Teresa going off to the clinker I honestly tuned out everything Bravo-related. I watch Atlanta but not consistently so I honestly haven't thought about NJ until I was scrolling through the channels and saw there was a new season. So off to Hulu I went and binged Season 7 (which was a vast improvement-- though I attribute that to Teresa not having her fate looming over her head).

Anyway, I had strong emotions about what I saw so I will do a quick little rundown. (I hope someone sees this--- I want to dish so bad!)

I will start off light:

Dolores- I enjoyed her for the most part, though I was not a fan of her coddling Jacqueline. I liked how she was Level headed and knew how to navigate through the drama without getting bogged down and too emotionally invested. She is a nice, sane cast mate in a cast full of lunatics. She serves the purpose as the calm one but she is not a boring, stealth bitch like Katfish Wakile.

Siggy- Is an obnoxious, self centered try hard. Every scene where someone is confiding in her she interrupts them to either insert her own experience or give some fake ass life advice that she peddles in her phony self help books. Her constant crying over the Gorga Family drama and the Teresa and Jacqueline beef was downright creepy. It is clear that the current season will expose all her unwell ways now that Wacko Jacko is out of the picture but the seeds were planted during Season 7. 

Melissa- I vehemently hated the character of Melissa during Seasons 3-5. I was just not here for her and her husband at all. Like I was revolted by their presence. It is unfathomable that she ended up being one of my favorites. It sucks that it took the Guidices prison sentences for them to come together but it is what it is. I loved her and Tre sticking together for the most part and keeping it together for the sake of their family. 

Teresa- I used to go hard for Tre but she is a piece of work. Entertaining character but I could not handle her in real life. My favorite part of the season was when she got Roid Rage Rosie and Koma Kathy the absolute fuck together and told them she did not want a relationship. They exude such thirst and desperation for relevance. Especially Kathy's husband, who I won't give the satisfaction of even naming because I'm sure he has Google Alerts set with his rusty, ill formed ass. They are transparent and lame, and I was humored by them receiving a brief 30 second mention on the reunion before moving on to more relevant topics. 

Joe Gorga- I hated him forever but now that he, Melissa, and Teresa are on good terms he seems like a much pleasant human being. Though I could do without his numerous problematic statements that are misogynistic. 

Joe Giudice- Eh.... he has come across horribly throughout the series but I hope his bid in Club Fed changes him for the better and ends his alcohol addiction. He needs to come out a better man for his children. 

Jacqueline- Absolutely nuts! Oh my goodness! This woman is certifiable and is insanely obsessed with Teresa. She is so childish and insecure. Her behavior in Vermont was deplorable and her attack on Melissa was unwarranted and inappropriate. She is a shifty, nasty piece of work. She wanted dissension between Melissa and Teresa because she needed that angle for her storyline quest to be Teresa's closest confidant. She is a fucking wreck. Good riddance! 

• Love 1

I don't know if this is the right place to post this and apologies if it isn't, but what happened to all the recaps??  Not just of this show, but pretty much every show.  Now it's all podcasts if that.  This is not a criticism, just genuinely asking when they format changed.  I loved reading all the recaps, and I don't have time to listen to podcasts.  Still love this site for the forums, but just a humble question:)

4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don't know if this is the right place to post this and apologies if it isn't, but what happened to all the recaps??  Not just of this show, but pretty much every show.  Now it's all podcasts if that.  This is not a criticism, just genuinely asking when they format changed.  I loved reading all the recaps, and I don't have time to listen to podcasts.  Still love this site for the forums, but just a humble question:)

Dave answers that question (and more!) here (scroll up for the original post). 

• Love 1
On 10/15/2017 at 0:34 AM, RollingStone23 said:

So after the terrible season with the twins and Amber, and Teresa going off to the clinker I honestly tuned out everything Bravo-related. I watch Atlanta but not consistently so I honestly haven't thought about NJ until I was scrolling through the channels and saw there was a new season. So off to Hulu I went and binged Season 7 (which was a vast improvement-- though I attribute that to Teresa not having her fate looming over her head).

Anyway, I had strong emotions about what I saw so I will do a quick little rundown. (I hope someone sees this--- I want to dish so bad!)

I will start off light:

Dolores- I enjoyed her for the most part, though I was not a fan of her coddling Jacqueline. I liked how she was Level headed and knew how to navigate through the drama without getting bogged down and too emotionally invested. She is a nice, sane cast mate in a cast full of lunatics. She serves the purpose as the calm one but she is not a boring, stealth bitch like Katfish Wakile.

Siggy- Is an obnoxious, self centered try hard. Every scene where someone is confiding in her she interrupts them to either insert her own experience or give some fake ass life advice that she peddles in her phony self help books. Her constant crying over the Gorga Family drama and the Teresa and Jacqueline beef was downright creepy. It is clear that the current season will expose all her unwell ways now that Wacko Jacko is out of the picture but the seeds were planted during Season 7. 

Melissa- I vehemently hated the character of Melissa during Seasons 3-5. I was just not here for her and her husband at all. Like I was revolted by their presence. It is unfathomable that she ended up being one of my favorites. It sucks that it took the Guidices prison sentences for them to come together but it is what it is. I loved her and Tre sticking together for the most part and keeping it together for the sake of their family. 

Teresa- I used to go hard for Tre but she is a piece of work. Entertaining character but I could not handle her in real life. My favorite part of the season was when she got Roid Rage Rosie and Koma Kathy the absolute fuck together and told them she did not want a relationship. They exude such thirst and desperation for relevance. Especially Kathy's husband, who I won't give the satisfaction of even naming because I'm sure he has Google Alerts set with his rusty, ill formed ass. They are transparent and lame, and I was humored by them receiving a brief 30 second mention on the reunion before moving on to more relevant topics. 

Joe Gorga- I hated him forever but now that he, Melissa, and Teresa are on good terms he seems like a much pleasant human being. Though I could do without his numerous problematic statements that are misogynistic. 

Joe Giudice- Eh.... he has come across horribly throughout the series but I hope his bid in Club Fed changes him for the better and ends his alcohol addiction. He needs to come out a better man for his children. 

Jacqueline- Absolutely nuts! Oh my goodness! This woman is certifiable and is insanely obsessed with Teresa. She is so childish and insecure. Her behavior in Vermont was deplorable and her attack on Melissa was unwarranted and inappropriate. She is a shifty, nasty piece of work. She wanted dissension between Melissa and Teresa because she needed that angle for her storyline quest to be Teresa's closest confidant. She is a fucking wreck. Good riddance! 

i couldn't state my feelings better than this!  100! on target!

I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I'm just catching up on this season today (thanks, stomach flu!) and I noticed that Juicy Joe is in the background dancing with the girls during Teresa's bit in the intro.  Huh?  Maybe they used the same clip as last season?  But why would they even do that, since he's not on the show now?  Weird. 

On 11/9/2017 at 4:37 PM, ladle said:

I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I'm just catching up on this season today (thanks, stomach flu!) and I noticed that Juicy Joe is in the background dancing with the girls during Teresa's bit in the intro.  Huh?  Maybe they used the same clip as last season?  But why would they even do that, since he's not on the show now?  Weird. 

i noticed that also and agree, weird.  maybe he just went to boy scout camp and is earning merit badges. 

• Love 1
On 11/30/2017 at 9:22 PM, Happy Camper said:

I haven't caught up on this season. Is it worth my time to go back and catch up? On a scale of 1- 10 how good is this season?

It’s my first full season but I give it an 8!

New HW Margaret really “makes” the season with her no-nonsense attitude and actual business success pre-RH. 

Since I’ve seen Teresa’s table flip here and there (and there and there), it’s been fun to see her all “namaste” to begin with, and about to lose it.

Danielle is intriguing, Melissa I somehow identify with, the really tan one is a puzzle and Siggy is so bad she’s a treat to (almost) hate.   

I’d say give it a watch!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Happy Easter to everyone, the day that the baby Jesus died.

Juicy Joe's fundamental misunderstanding of the Holy days of Christianity will always be funny.

HAHAHA!!!  I was thinking about this today!!! 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, Sally Chantal Pa said:

As for me, I prefer to do my nails by myself! For example, kodi gel polish is very easy to use even for beginners like me! 

Me too! I find it relaxing. I started out with Sensationail, now I keep trying different systems. Just keeping a clear coat of gel on saves my nails from splitting. 

• Love 1

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I've been binging Jersey. The Housewives really bring it, and I'm also a big fan of the husbands/ex-husbands. They're the most entertaining guys of any Housewife city.

• Like 1