Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

it's probably nothing more than an easter egg. and a nod to Arrow (just as the Felicity look alike in the pilot was).

it's a comic book show, i reckon we'll see more and more of them, but i don't think they'll introduce Oliver in physical form while Arrow is still on the air.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, Sonofabiscuit. I'm starting the books tomorrow, though, so I don't really mind being spoiled. I avoid spoilers for GoT like the plague (and I haven't read the books), but for some reason, I don't mind being spoiled about Outlander. I blame Sam Heughan and his thighs.

Mostly it's just an easter egg I think. Gotham and Arrow can't be realistically connected given that they are different networks, but by the same token they are both owned by DC and Queen Consolidated does exist in the DC universe so given how prevalent the company probably is it would be odd not to see QC signs/ads/etc. Regardless of what you thought of the movie itself, Man of Steel had a Waynetech satellite. All this stuff exists in the world but it doesn't mean Batman is coming to Starling or Superman is going to swing by Gotham.

Thanks for the heads up, Sonofabiscuit. I'm starting the books tomorrow, though, so I don't really mind being spoiled. I avoid spoilers for GoT like the plague (and I haven't read the books), but for some reason, I don't mind being spoiled about Outlander. I blame Sam Heughan and his thighs.

LOL!  Sam Heughan's thighs are epic...as are all his other things. ;)

• Love 1

I've mentioned this before, but did you know that Sam Heughan was in that Hallmark movie A Princess for Christmas?  It still blows my mind that it's the same guy...doesn't look anything like him at all.  I basically only find him attractive as Jamie in Outlander...not so much in real life before he joined the show.

I have seen that cheesy movie, @SonofaBiscuit (Don't judge! I watched it because of my Merlin-fueled love of Katie McGrath).  I also didn't recognize Sam, but I totally get what you're saying--he doesn't look the same at all.  Mind, he has always been an attractive man, but the beefed-up Highlander Jamie look is definitely working for him. 

I think the disconnect between levels of attractiveness tends to happen for a lot of actors and actresses though.  Some that I usually don't find all that attractive can suddenly become so with the right hairstyle or wardrobe.  I also find that to be true after listening to interviews.  Often, a particular actor or actress will become gorgeous to me after seeing how they treat others or hearing their thoughts on various subjects.  That happened to me with Stephen Amell, in fact.  When I first started watching the show I didn't find him all that attractive (especially next to Colin Donnell), but seeing how much he tries to be a force for good in the world, is gracious with fans, and is devoted to his family, has changed my mind completely.  Sam and Caitriona Balfe are like that too.  Watching how charming and hilarious both of them have been talking about Outlander (and seeing how they treat each other) has really made me love their characters.

• Love 1

Sam Hueghan is one of the few men that look better with longer hair. I haven't seen him in anything else but I think he makes a perfect Jamie. 

I love watching interviews with him and Caitriona Balfe. They get along well and that carries over to the show for me.

Edited by Sakura12

I think the disconnect between levels of attractiveness tends to happen for a lot of actors and actresses though.  Some that I usually don't find all that attractive can suddenly become so with the right hairstyle or wardrobe.  I also find that to be true after listening to interviews.  Often, a particular actor or actress will become gorgeous to me after seeing how they treat others or hearing their thoughts on various subjects. 

With Sam Heughan, it's the facial hair (and extra 40 lbs. of muscle).  He looks fine in the pre-Outlander photos, but not fine if you know what I mean.  Clean-cut men...just not my type.  I find Stephen Amell so much more attractive when he's got the facial hair going on.

I agree with your point about actors or actresses becoming more attractive after seeing their personalities through interviews and such.  I've always thought that Chris Pratt was a cutie, but some things that he's said in post Guardians of the Galaxy interviews have made me think he's just an awesome human being too.  From what I've seen, Sam Heughan seems like a really sweet guy as well.  He's so lovely when interacting with Caitriona Balfe. 

• Love 1

I love watching interviews with him and Caitriona Balfe. They get along well and that carries over to the show for me.

Their interviews are so much fun! I feel the same way about watching them together as I do Stephen and Emily. Both pairs seem to respect, admire, and like each other so much. It makes it really fun to watch them interact, and I think their RL platonic chemistry makes their on-screen romantic chemistry that much more palpable.

• Love 1

Here's a question that I'm genuinely curious about:

Is fairy tale canon less sacred than comic book canon?

I recently watched the return of Once Upon A Time with the new Frozen characters and read some fan complaints about how the writers stuck too closely to the Frozen story when OUAT usually puts twists on classic fairy tales.  So that got me to wondering... my impression is that fans generally like it when fairy tale canon is revised or subverted, but get more upset when comic book canon is changed.

Fairy tales have, by their very nature, been reinvented hundreds of times already. Most viewers of OUAT probably only know their disneyfied versions anyway, which are pretty simplistic, thus the expectations for them to be subverted. Comic books are a fairly recent invention and are generally much more complicated than fairy tales, plus some of the characters have never been adapted in live action, so I can understand people who want to see the definitive version of their favorite character on screen before the writers start to play with them.

That said, personally, I believe that comic books are a very different medium and you shouldn't stick too close to it when creating a movie or a TV show based on that. What works and doesn't work on screen should be much more important than some abstract canon. Of course, I'm not a comic book fan, and more of a TV viewer.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I don't quite understand comic book purists being so absurdly obsessed with canon. The Walking Dead, for example, is doing things differently on the show than in the comics and some people are livid. But my view is, what's the point of simply recreating the pages word for word, scene for scene? We've already seen that and know how it turns out. I like seeing twists, taking a known story and doing it differently. But some people have a hard time seeing a show based on a comic as separate from the comic. Just because Superman's youth and friendships worked a certain way in the books doesn't make Smallville any less valid, it's simply a variant. Same with whatever happens on Gotham, or Flash. In the comics Laurel was the Black Canary and on Arrow Sara is. I don't see why Laurel HAS to be because she is in the comics. The show runners are doing their own version of the story, not simply retelling what has already been done.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 4

Disney fairytales are nothing like the originals, they are just changing their own invention. Comic books on the other hand have had so many reboots and alternate universes over the years that original canon doesn't mean much anymore. The new 52 pretty much completely threw away the previous canon. So what canon are they upset that something isn't following? The actual original story? or The 50 reboots since then?

I find tv shows to be an alternate universe telling of a comic book story. As long as the characters core personality stays similar than I'm fine with it. So far the comic book shows I watch have (with one glaring exception of you-know-who). Even name changes don't bother me, The Flash, Green Lantern and Captain America had different people put on the suit. The name isn't the most important part for me, it's the bringing to life the legacy of a hero. I'd even take a new Batman if they can make a real person, with real motivations. I'll take that person as the second Batman which doesn't at diminish the legacy of the first Batman. I just want them to be real people I can root for. 

Edited by Sakura12

As a comic reader I have never had a problem with movies/tv shows based on those comics altering aspects as long as they improve them. Or course improves is up to the viewer but I never objected to the changes to the X-Men in the first 2 X-Movies. However, X3 was just horrid and what they did to the Dark Phoenix Saga was so unbelievably bad it doesn't get a pass (from me).

Personally I feel that TV Shows should have greater leniency (over movies) because you're not writing a self-contained storyline, with a beginning, middle and end.  With TV Shows you're writing 16-23 episodes per season with no definite end date in place.  You have characters and relationships that have to grow/change or else they become stagnant.  

As far as I'm concerned the TV Show should create it's own universe and just be considered another AU, just like Marvel 616 vs Marvel Ultimate Universes, or in DC Land Earth 2 vs Earth Prime, etc.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't have a problem with different mediums translating the source differently on principle. When things are changed, I always want it to be for good reason and not something problematic or gross, though.

The only change I can think of right now that bothered me recently was the Scarlet Witch being turned into a little girl (or possibly omitted entirely) from Singer's latest X-Men film. It's why I haven't seen the latest one yet. She's one of the most powerful mutants in the MU. Rubs me the wrong way, especially after what was done to Jean Grey, as Morrigan2575 mentioned.

Hello there! I'm Maria. I wasn't on any forums previously for Arrow. I first got into Arrow (the show) when my brother got me the dvd for Season 1. I asked for it without any knowledge of the show. I guess I made a good decision because it's my favourite show to watch, learn about and read. :)

• Love 1

Hello there! I'm Maria. I wasn't on any forums previously for Arrow. I first got into Arrow (the show) when my brother got me the dvd for Season 1. I asked for it without any knowledge of the show. I guess I made a good decision because it's my favourite show to watch, learn about and read. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Have you seen season 2 yet?

Welcome to the forum!

Have you seen season 2 yet?

Yes I have. Very good season. I loved Team Arrow and Oliver + Felicity. Favorite episodes were State vs Queen and I am one of the few that liked Time of Death. I liked seeing Felicity taking on the Clock King. Unthinkable was amazing. Diggle, Felicity and Oliver excel together.

Edited by olicityfan25

I think I am also one of the few that really didn't have huge problems with Time of Death. There were some rough parts but I've come up with my own plausible excuses to cover the supremely OOC dumb moments. (Aka Sara asking Oliver to come to dinner with her and him accepting)

• Love 1

The only change I can think of right now that bothered me recently was the Scarlet Witch being turned into a little girl (or possibly omitted entirely) from Singer's latest X-Men film. It's why I haven't seen the latest one yet. She's one of the most powerful mutants in the MU. Rubs me the wrong way, especially after what was done to Jean Grey, as Morrigan2575 mentioned.

Take my advice, see it.  Seriously Days of Future Past wasn't just the best X-Men movie, it was the best non-Marvel produced Marvel movie.  And to the shock of nobody Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy continue to be perfect in their roles.  Also I've got to mention it, there is one specific scene that is right up there with the best scenes in a superhero movie.

I have no problems with other variations not following comic canon, sometimes I'd prefer it as opposed to doing something stupid because of comic canon, Amazing Spider-Man 2 I'm looking in your direction.  All I ask is that they get the basics of the character right, such as Jonathan Kent in no way should be a douche, Man of Steel I'm looking in your direction.

I know that some people talk of bailing on Arrow season 3 because of Laurel.  Is there a show that you've given up on because of your dislike of a specific character?  I apologize in advance, because I know that there are fans of this show on here.  I had to give up The Good Wife last season.  I liked Alicia up until then, but she became so smug with the storyline last year, that I got to the point where I couldn't even stand her.  Then, episode 15 happened (I won't spoil what that is, but people who watched probably know what I'm talking about) and I just gave up.  I watched the next episode to see the fall-out from the events of episode 15, but then I was out for good.

One show that I'm really happy that I gave up was Bones.  I saw commercials showing what happened in last week's episode, and I would have been furious if I was still watching that show.  I gave Bones up because the Bones/Booth relationship was just so mishandled that it really ticked me off.  I'm still bitter about that, to be honest. 

• NCIS - I grew to hate Ziva
  • Being Human UK - Mitchell S2.
  • TVD - Damon, Elena and Delena all turned me off (tuning back in to see what they do with Steroline)
  • Xena: Warrior Princess - Xena pretty much after they brought Xena/Gabrielle back to life in S5?
  • True Blood - Sookie, really started hating her in S3, only went back half way though S6 and watched the final season.
  • Smallville, Clark, Lana and Clana - hated and stoppped watching, only came back mid-S8 for Davis and that ended horribly; Chollie kept me interested in S9, didn't watch S10 except for Chloe episodes
  • Angel - I actually stopped watching this one in S4 because they destroyed a character I loved (Cordy)

I'm sure there are more, I'm not a completionist, in fact Supernatural is the only show that I watched every episode and still keep watching, I even gave up on The West Wing at one point.  It's not unusual for me to stop watching a show if a character I don't like starts to dominate or they destroy characters I do like.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Yeah, I ditched Bones because by the time they skipped showing the actual relationship and went straight to the "I'm pregnant" scene, I legit hated Booth and could. not. understand. why Bones didn't punch him in the face every other episode.

And I've quit a bunch of shows because  surprise kids appeared out of nowhere. Ally McBeal and Gilmore Girls come to mind immediately.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 2

TVD - After they killed Anna in season 1.

Supernatural - because they kept killing off the female characters.

Grey's Anatomy - after Addison left.

Private Practice - when they ruined Addison's character.

Bones - because it started to get to silly and boring. Season 1 & 2 don't even look like they are the same show.

Revenge - when it stopped being about revenge.

OUAT - The Peter Pan arc bored me and I hated how everyone was related to everyone else. However I have tuned back in for the Frozen storyline.

Doctor Who - because I didn't like Amy, but mostly because I don't like Moffat. 

Haven - because the love story is the least interesting part of the story and it seems to be all they are focusing on.

I actually watched all of True Blood, mostly because nothing else was on and Smallville only for Chloe. Dropping shows is so easy nowadays because there are so many other options out there. 

Edited by Sakura12

Supernatural - When they killed of Jo (I loved her okay)

OUAT - the introduction of frozen

Doctor Who - I really don't like Clara

Arrow - Because of Laurel (but obviously I came back after the second season)

Downton Abbey - After they killed off Matthew

I think that's it? 

See, I'm one of these people that has a very difficult time dumping a show.  I'm usually loyal to the end even if I'm at the point where I hate the show.  Gosh, I hated Lana and I didn't really even care about Smallville by SEASON 10 (really...shows should NOT go on for that long), but I just could not bring myself to stop watching.  I had to see it through to the end.  I eventually had to drop NCIS and CSI because I got the impression that those shows were never going to end, and I wasn't even interested anymore. 

I think that shows should go for five seasons max.  How many shows actually remain interesting ten seasons in?  I'm glad to hear that Supernatural is still pretty good, though, because I'm ten seasons behind on that one.  I watched part of the first season, and I had intended to catch up at one point but never did.  I thought it would eventually get cancelled and then I could catch up, but it just. won't. die! 

Not really. not that i can remember. If i ditch a show it's either because i don't have the time to put the brain energy of watching it (which may explains the shows i have been watching since i started college) or because it failed to hold my interest, or the show got canceled.

I try to give new shows i do wanna watch at least 5 episodes before i decide to jump ship, but in all honesty 95% of shows on american television either suck big time IMO (included the ones that are big hits) or i feel like i've seen it already on the 10K other TV shows out there. i like imaginative ideas, new takes on an old concept (like comic book shows) not a rehash of something that was done 10 years ago. that's why for example why i enjoy/ed Smallville and Arrow, and even Gossip Girl (until they all started sleeping with each other and we found out who GG really was and everything was ruined), those were/is either a new take on an old story, or a new idea.

also the problem is that alot of times, the concept of a show is truly unique (such as Modern Family) but they writing ends up turning it Vanilla or it becomes awful.

thing is, i rarely stop watching a show because i am very particular about the shows i do watch to begin with.

although there are exceptions.. for some reason i am still watching DA; it is now officially in the "guilty pleasure- night soap opera" slot, and i really only watch for everyone besides Mary and now Anna and Mr. Bates (I hate the little bitch ass, she's a bitch but not even in a good way- the new guy should just marry Edith and whisk her and her daughter as far away from that castle as possible. and i am officially bored with dumb and dumber storyline, all their charm from season 1&2 kind of died). funny I had a similar experience with GG, i wanted to stop but it was so campy and stupid i just stuck around (mostly cause GG voice over was the most awesome part and i was too invested in the blaire chuck dynamic. Oh and the pretty clothes).

Edited by foreverevolving

I gave up on NCIS last season. I use to LOVE that show but I made the mistake of loving the lesser characters (McGee, Palmer, Ducky, and Abby) and I couldn't stand that Tony and Gibbs got the majority of the character growth. I finally just gave up when my husband walked into the room at the beginning of last season and asked me what was going on. I realized I had no idea and that I didn't really care. Watching 15-ish episodes that I didn't enjoy and focused on characters that I didn't like to get to the 3-5 episodes a season that focused on my favorite characters just wasn't worth it. It reminds me a lot of how I felt during 2B of Arrow.

Just gave up Bones this year. Like others said above they royally screwed up that relationship but I hung in there hoping beyond hope that they would fix it. I finally decided it couldn't be fixed last year and ended my misery.

I try to give shows a full season after they start messing up to fix things, if they have earned my loyalty with lots of quality seasons I might give them longer, but after that I'm gone. 

Edited by Orion
  • Love 1

I never had any problem in quitting shows, or skipping stuff I knew was gonna irritate me. I've never seen the Duchovny-light seasons of X-Files. I never watched S5 of Dawson's Creek [but I came back for S6]. I never watched the last 4 episodes of Angel. Or the very last episode of Young Justice.

OH, and I rage-quit Veronica Mars on one of the early episodes of S3 [3x05 or 3x06?] because I hated college!Veronica, and Piz, and the blonde ditzy roommate so much I kept having murderous thoughts and felt better to let go. I was deep into that fandom, like, I freaking built websites for fan campaigns for renewal and shit... so I spent 5 years avoiding everything VM related until I could be able to think about it without raising my blood pressure. Heh.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I can easily drop a show when it starts to bore me and I realize that I don't like any of the characters. One character that I love can keep watching until the bitter end (Pretty Little Liars, I can't seem to quit that stupid show). However if my favorite character is killed or leaves the show, that would be the last episode of that show I watch. I've never really given up a show because of one specific character. My rage hate of Laurel and what she could become is coming dangerously close for me giving up on Arrow and it could lead to my number 1 reason for quitting a show, the death of my favorite character.

so I spent 5 years avoiding everything VM related until I could be able to think about it without raising my blood pressure. Heh.

Did you watch the VM movie? I was one that didn't really mind Piz (I mean I put up with Duncan for 2 seasons and Chris Lowell is a much better actor). I knew he was just there to show Veronica that she doesn't do boring and normal no matter how much she think it's what she's supposed to want.

Edited by Sakura12
I know that some people talk of bailing on Arrow season 3 because of Laurel.  Is there a show that you've given up on because of your dislike of a specific character?  I apologize in advance, because I know that there are fans of this show on here.

Funnily, I don't recall anything. Well, maybe Fringe, but AltLincoln's death was just the latest in a long line of stuff I hated in season 4 (so that's not really dislike rather than the death of my favorite character). So, Laurel's probably the first one for me! But I'm not really giving up because of only Laurel. I'm also disliking Oliver a lot after the second half of s2, and I don't care about Olicity or, really, any of the myriad of incoming romances. I'm also pissed at the show's treatment of Slade and Moira.

However, I usually prefer ensemble shows, so even if I dislike the lead (which happens more often than not), I can still watch the other stuff.

That said, I'm dangerously close to dropping Once Upon A Time because of Regina. Not because of character, but because of how other characters react to her. She's basically a Mary Sue whose villainous deeds (mass murder, rape) have all been forgiven because she cries a lot. It's infuriating. So far, I've decided to simply FF her scenes, but there may come a point it wouldn't be enough.

P.S. Well, I've finally remembered one example. Haven. I hated Nathan and Nathan/Audrey romance so much I had to stop watching around the end of season 3. Absolutely awful.

Edited by FurryFury

For me, if I know a show is going downhill, the only thing that would probably make me stay is the amount of time I've put into watching the show. The longer I spend watching a show, the more faithful I tend to be. I suffered through season 7 of Gilmore Girls, season 8-9 of HIMYM, Greys Anatomy for the past 3 years...

There comes a point where I just need to finish the show for the sake of finishing the show. :/ 

Otherwise, I don't mind dropping shows if I get bored of it, if my favorite character dies, etc. I even dropped TBBT and Modern Family because it felt like the same old thing every week. 

There have been plenty of characters I didn't like or even hated, but I have never dropped a show because of them. I will generally drop a show if it bores me or if it is badly acted overall. If the stories are stupid or something doesn't make sense. Bad writing. But I don't think there has ever been a show I  watched where I hated a character so much they ruined the rest of the show for me.

• Love 1
Did you watch the VM movie? I was one that didn't really mind Piz (I mean I put up with Duncan for 2 seasons and Chris Lowell is a much better actor). I knew he was just there to show Veronica that she doesn't do boring and normal no matter how much she think it's what she's supposed to want.

Yeah, I did watch it, but only after I read the entire script, and learned that ditzy blonde wasn't in it, and Piz was minimal. I actually liked the movie. The crime plot was sorta boring for my tastes, but I was watching it for the relationships, so it worked for me.

And I legit like Chris Lowell in other roles that I've seen him in [Life As We Know It, Enlisted], so it wasn't like Duncan, who I used to fast-forward because the robot-acting gave me secondhand embarrassment.

I forgot about HIMYM, I didn't watch the last season and I'm glad I didn't. It's also funny to me that I love the silly Castle episodes and hate the serious ones, while I loved the serious Bones episodes and hated the silly ones. I guess it depends on what kind of show they were selling from the beginning. 

I've noticed that binge watching certain shows give you less time to get ragey. It might become the better way to watch tv. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I did not like the Gotham pilot at all but I thought the 2nd episode was okay. I don't really like Jada Pinkett Smith but I love Donal Logue. I'll give it another episode.

I saw 5 minutes of Selfie and thought it was terrible.  I don't think Karen Gillan is good here at all, but then I didn't really like her on DW either.  I am probably also irrationally annoyed at anything that is keeping John Cho out of Sleepy Hollow :(.

Binge watching can sometimes be great, but there are times where it has backfired.  @wonderwall mentioned Gilmore Girls being on Netflix now.  I really liked GG when I watched the original run, but then ABC Family started showing reruns years later.  I would watch it daily and damn, Lorelai and Rory were insufferable!  I think that marathoning it like that actually ruined any fond memories of the show that I had.  Maybe it's just Lauren Graham because her character was awful on Parenthood, too.

I bailed on HIMYM around season three, I think.  I got the impression that they were going to drag out the mother reveal for as long as they could.  I'm glad I gave that one up because I know the finale left more than a few people quite ragey.  I would have been furious, I think. 

I need to give up Grey's and Scandal.  I don't even like them anymore, so why am I still watching?  I just don't know how to quit you, shows.

I know not all shows are binge watch worthy, that's why I said certain shows. But it does give you a different take on shows that you do binge watch, like you said with GG watching them all at once can show how awful some of the characters were and other times make the show better to watch because a bad episode can quickly be replaced with a good episode. 

I am currently on episode 12 of season 1 on my bingewatch of Gilmore Girls, and to be honest? I love binge watching this show. It gives me a new perspective on things. Lorelai can be terrible, Rory can be terrible, Emily and Richard can be terrible. But those moments are also what make them human and relateable. They do awful things and most of the time they pay the price. 

The same thing with FNL. I hate some of the storylines, some of the characters adn the choices they make. You will never find a TV show you can binge watch and not find a character/storyline annoying. But you power through. 

Edited by wonderwall

Oh, I forogt about Doctor Who.  I stopped watching that because of Ten and Rose, I grew to loathe them.  I started watching again with Martha but I hated the way Ten treated her so I lost interest again.  I tried again during the Library episodes and really loved Donna so I stuck with it, until they got rid of Donna...then I said FU to 10 and didn't come back until (Ironically) The Time of Angels.

I stuck with Eleven even though I hated Clara but now with Clara/Twleve I don't really like either so  I've dropped it again (started watching with Robin Hood and stopped with Twelve being a giant ass to Danny)

The same thing with FNL. I hate some of the storylines, some of the characters adn the choices they make. You will never find a TV show you can binge watch and not find a character/storyline annoying. But you power through. 

I don't understand...s2 notwithstanding...how can anyone hate FNL storylines and especially characters? It's mind bending!

I don't understand...s2 notwithstanding...how can anyone hate FNL storylines and especially characters? It's mind bending!

Anything with Julie would just grate my nerves! Also the whole Tyra/Landry thing... I was just too much.

I am currently on episode 12 of season 1 on my bingewatch of Gilmore Girls, and to be honest? I love binge watching this show. It gives me a new perspective on things.

I've actually binge watched GG but I still had to quit during s7. I simply couldn't root for Lorelai/Luke anymore because of how their relationship went down. It was awful, and I actually liked it before their hook-up and the sudden reveal of his daughter and everything after that. And then Amy Sherman-Palladino quit, and with the new showrunner, I suddenly liked Chris/Lorelai, despite never giving a damn about them before. By this point, Rory and her storyline were beyond saving, so I enjoyed Chris/Lorelai marriage while it lasted, and then peacefully quit. Because, at least, they seemed quite happy together - way more happy than Lorelai was with Luke.

I quit a lot of shows because I didn't like the way the writing went. Nikita was awful in s3 and I didn't return for s4. Doctor Who, I just can't with Moffat, he bugs the hell out of me. The Big Bang Theory just felt repetitive after a few seasons, and so did Bones (never watched Castle, by the way. Should I?) I also quit Hart of Dixie after the main LI cheated on the heroine, and The Vampire Diaries because it became pure crap without Kevin Williamson (ironically, the shows he started after leaving TVD seem to be crap as well). Revenge turned out to be awful after just a few episodes... half a season at most. Also quit Dexter during the horrendous season 6, and True Blood after season 6. Judging by the reactions the their finales, I was right. 

Edited by FurryFury

I loved Matt Saracen, so I had to take Julie too, I guess.  I think that FNL made a big mistake in making some of the kids as old as they were.  Some of them graduated, but then the show decided that they wanted to keep certain actors around, so some of the storylines were stupid.  I didn't like Matt's whole storyline involving art, but I wanted him to stay on the show.  They should have just made the characters freshmen and that wouldn't have been a problem.

I have to say, I did love how they sort of rebooted the show in season 4

when Eric became the new coach at East Dillon. I loved seeing Coach Taylor build up the Lions to become a winning team.

.  The show also had a pretty satisfying finale, so I was happy about that.

I've actually binge watched GG but I still had to quit during s7. I simply couldn't root for Lorelai/Luke anymore because of how their relationship went down. It was awful, and I actually liked it before their hook-up and the sudden reveal of his daughter and everything after that. And then Amy Sherman-Palladino quit, and with the new showrunner, I suddenly liked Chris/Lorelai, despite never giving a damn about them before. By this point, Rory and her storyline were beyond saving, so I enjoyed Chris/Lorelai marriage while it lasted, and then peacefully quit. Because, at least, they seemed quite happy together - way more happy than Lorelai was with Luke.

I've always loved Chris/Lorelai :/ I always love the 'not-destined to be' couples. It's a sickness.