Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Wondering if anyone here checked out Midnight Texas last night. I actually really enjoyed it.

I got bored about half way through and changed the channel.  The characters and the premise just didn't grab me.  Made me miss Grimm though.  

No that was Hall H. A bunch of them got scammed into thinking they had the wristbands* and, when it was discovered, the Con hooked them up for next year as an apology. 

*Hall H requires wristbands for the first panel of the day. If you get one you're guaranteed to get in as long as you're back by 730am. That's why this was such a big deal since those people did everything right but the Con failed on the line security. 

• Love 1

Anyone seeing issues with logout? It seems that when I log in from my 1 phone it kicks out my other phone and Computer

I used Chrome for all 3 and have for awhile now,  this seems to be a new thing that just started.

I alternate between a phone, iPad, laptop and computer. I have to log back in every single time I switch devices. It's been going on for so long that I'm too tired to be bothered by it anymore.

(edited)

Question for anyone dealing with young children on this forum:

Do they police junk food (or perceived junk food) at your preschools or kindys? My friend got busted for giving her daughter a home made banana muffin at preschool yesterday. They sent it home with a note! I've heard about this on online mother's groups but didn't know anyone who got busted until now. And not for a banana muffin!

We get generic notes about lunches but no actual accusation at one person. I'm wondering if it's a thing these days or just an Aussie thing (Australia can be a bit of a nanny state sometimes). 

PS: Do I need a Twitter account to filter my Twitter search results?

Say I don't like a poster called "Nutallergies" can I ban their posts from popping up if they've tagged their posts with the term I'm searching for?

Edited by Mellowyellow
(edited)

@Mellowyellow You can block or mute accounts on Twitter if you actually have an account. You're also supposed to be able to mute words, but I'm not sure that works very well. Of course, it also helps if you're actually on Twitter and follow specific people :)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

It's crazy surreal at SDCC when you just see famous people walking around.  I just did a double take when I thought I saw Chloe Bennett just walking around at the OMNI.  I think I was standing in line next to Wendy Mericle and her family at the Lord Mesa table.  She is very tiny in person.  While waiting in line, I was standing there wondering what people from this forum would say if you guys met her in person since we spend a lot of time trying to decipher her word salad.

A random funny moment I had was when I was waiting in line at the Tick activation and watching a guy who was passing out promos for the movie American Satan facing off with a religious fanatic who was trying to preach to the crowd.  There's a lot of religious fanatics that come out to comic con every year condemning comic fans and scaring people into hating each other.  The American Satan guy kept talking to the religious fanatic and annoyed him so much by going on about how a man of religion should be preaching about love, spreading kindness and hugging people, the religious guy left in a huff and the crowd cheered so loud.  The best example of killing someone with kindness that I've ever seen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

@Mellowyellow You can block or mute accounts on Twitter if you actually have an account. You're also supposed to be able to mute words, but I'm not sure that works very well. Of course, it also helps if you're actually on Twitter and follow specific people :)

Thanks hun! I shall explore this! I've resisted for years I thought I could hold out forever!

School lunch oppression is a thing here too @MellowyellowA mother over here was furious when the school send home some banana bread because it had chocolate chips in it and then her son's teacher "instructed" him on what a healthy snack is.  If it were me, I would have been down there all over the school because my banana bread has chocolate chips, and cranberries and sunflower seeds and anything else healthy because I give it to a friend who eats reluctantly and I need to give her healthy food.

An even bigger problem is when teachers or lunch room monitors take away the food because it's "unhealthy" and the kids don't have their lunch to eat, which has happened.  Nuts have been forbidden at schools here for more than a couple of decades now. 

(edited)

The Originals ......HAHAHAHAHA

For those curious:

Spoiler

A pic of the writers board got on Twitter. Apparently confirms Hayley's death and hints at Caroline making more than one appearance. 

Edited by Chaser

@statsgirl I thought it was just us Aussies and our increasing hysteria about sugar. Interesting to see you guys are so similar. 

Nuts are forbidden in all schools and childcare centres here too. 

I tried adding chia seeds to a few things but could only tolerate them in muesli bars. The boys were fine but the crunch in my teeth drove me insane.

I remember getting a juice popper everyday as my drink during lunch. I can imagine the scandal if that was found in the kidlet's lunchbox.

Finished Victoria finally!

Can't wait for season 2!!!!!

Why do TV shows think we want to watch "Will they or won't they get together" crap forever?

Victoria and Albert are adorable together and are going to have a zillion kids and the shipper in me is as happy as a clam to watch them raise their family. I want to see how Albert gets rid of the Baroness and designs Osborne House! 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I haven't checked all my devices, but I didn't get logged out of PTV on my phone when I logged in on my iPad. Maybe that issue has been solved. @Morrigan2575, have you noticed anything?

I just logged in on my 2nd Android device. Closed the 1st device out and then went back and it was still logged in. Guess they fixed that bug. Cool ??

Ha!  Loved this blurb about advertising.

The company appears to embrace the camp name by retaining the tagline from the 1980s, "It's hard to have a Gaytime on your own". The in-home boxes feature the words "4 delicious chances to have a gay time".[5] In 2009, Streets started re-airing a television commercial from the 1980s. 

• Love 1

Bringing this talk of KT Tape and plantar fasciitis over from the Social Media thread:

4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Tell me more, please!

KT Tape has been a godsend for my plantar fasciitis - my podiatrist taught me a way of taping my foot that really eases my flare-ups and makes walking nearly pain free (and helps it go away until it flares up again). If you have PF and need some help with it - definitely talk to your doctor about it. There are some videos out there that will tell you how to tape for PF, but I think it's better to go to a professional first since the location and severity of your pain will dictate which anchor points you'll use and how much you'll need to stretch the tape to give yourself some relief. 

• Love 4

FYI, Frozen the Musical has a pre-Broadway engagement at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts from August 17 - October 1, 2017. It is then slated to debut on Broadway at the St. James Theater in the Spring of 2018...

FROZEN The Musical: Official Trailer
Published on Jul 31, 2017, by Disney On Broadway

• Love 2

For Tatiana Maslany fans - she's in Jake Gyllenhaal's new movie, Stronger (based on a real life story of a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing)...

Stronger Official Trailer #1 (2017) Jake Gyllenhaal Biography Movie HD
Published on Jun 22, 2017, by Zero Media

Edited by tv echo
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

For Tatiana Maslany fans - she's in Jake Gyllenhaal's new movie, Stronger (based on a real life story of a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing)...

The credits are "Academy Award Nominee Jake Gyllenhaal" "Golden Globe Nominee Tatiana Maslany"

I find it strange because she should be "Emmy Winner Tatiana Maslany" but I guess she can't get better billing than Gyllenhaal.

• Love 1

I couldn't remember if other TV Golden Globe nominees in movies had been introduced like that in trailers or at least I had never noticed but I just went and checked the trailer for Trumbo which starred Bryan Cranston and it had him as a GG Winner (Breaking Bad). He was nominated for an Oscar so I guess he will now get bumped up to Academy Award nominee.

Edited by leopardprint

The Emmys have way more prestige than Golden Globes, which are awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press (which basically consists of a handful of foreign journalists apparently). So that thing with Tatiana being called a GG winner instead of Emmys seems weird. 

• Love 2

They probably should have put Emmy winner, but maybe they were trying to keep it movie noms/wins only.

Sadly, that couple has already divorced in real life. :( I wonder how long the timeline will be in the movie. 

I remember those photos from the day of the bombing. Jeff (the guy Jake is playing) did not look well at all, I'm surprised he survived. It's a testament to the amazing people & healthcare that rallied that day and many months afterwards to save people.

At least the Boston accents are not too atrocious, so far.

So I've been on a chinese series bender since Friday night.

It actually made me think of Olicity. I watched one series a few weeks back and the leads were cute and competent together. I loved the actress so I looked up her other series. Found another one. OMG she has AMAZING chemistry with the co star in the second series. Like AMAZING and so adorable. So much love. I was bawling at times, laughing at times and glued to the screen. Then I found out they have done quite a few series and movies together because the fans are crazy about them. They even did a press conference joking about how many times they have already been married to each other on TV. 

Which leads me to a question. Do you guys think you'd ship it if EBR and SA played a couple on another series but they weren't Olicity? Provided it didn't have anything awful in the plot like sister swapping etc would you ship it? I'd totally watch and ship it!

• Love 2

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Stephen and Emily in some other show/movie, you have those actor/actress combos who do multiple movies together so it's not uncommon. I think it would just depend on the material and how well SA/EBR could act to differentiate themselves from their Arrow characters. But I certainly feel like they have a genuine affection for each other that gives them desirable chemistry and naturalness around one another. 

• Love 4

As long as I liked the new characters I'd watch happily.   I wouldn't even mind if they still played Oliver and Felicity in everything but name, lol.  The spark off each other so I can't imagine not enjoying them. 

• Love 2

FYI...

Handmaid's Tale, Atlanta, Carrie Coon top TV critics awards
The TCA Awards also honored ‘This Is Us’ and ‘Big Little Lies’
JAMES HIBBERD AUGUST 5, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/05/tv-critics-award-winners-2017/

Here is the full list of TCA winners, which were presented at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California on Saturday night:

Individual Achievement in Drama
Carrie Coon (The Leftovers & Fargo, HBO & FX)

Individual Achievement in Comedy
Donald Glover (Atlanta, FX)

Outstanding Achievement in News and Information
O.J.: Made in America (ESPN)

Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming
Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath (A&E)

Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming
Speechless (ABC)

Outstanding New Program
This Is Us (NBC)

Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials
Big Little Lies (HBO)

Outstanding Achievement in Drama
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy
Atlanta (FX)

Program of the Year
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)

Career Achievement Award
Ken Burns

Heritage Award
Seinfeld (NBC)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Wow. 

I shouldn't make snap judgements but I find it interesting that this happens once he hits the big time. Don't make me think less of you Chris!

2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Same old Hollywood story... one spouse becomes much more successful and famous than the other, and couple splits.

Made especially sad given Anna began the relationship as the more well known name but seems to have slowed down her work for raising kids.

GB retweeted this...

Wouldn't a 9-year-old know that the Guardians of the Galaxy are fictional characters? Incidentally, this kid's name is Jack Davis... which made me think of Oliver's crayon-using, action figure-playing, finger-pointing son (played by Jack Moore).

• Love 1