Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Name Some Threads: The Poll

• Start Topic

POLL CLOSED

20 members have voted

1. 1. Raven-Symone

• Raven-Symone: Poe's Nightmare!
    • Raven. Sigh. Moan.
    • Raven-Symone: Cosby to Cheetah to Being Relevant?
    • Raven-Symone: Hair Today...Wig Tomorrow
    • Raven Mad
    • Stark Raven Mad

The winners are

Nicolle Wallace:  Have You Heard, She's a Republican!

Rosie Perez:  Boxers or Briefs?

Guest Hosts:  They'll Take Any Job

I know the "boxers or briefs" won the name the thread poll, but why was it a choice?  When I think of Rosie P, I either think "Latino" or "boxing" (the sport),  Does the boxing refer to the sport?  If so, what does briefs mean?  

• Love 3

I'm sure the 'boxers' part does pertain to her love of the sport. I guess the 'briefs' part just completes the pun.

I would rather the brief part refer to when she talks, she's long-winded - not brief.

"Boxers, Not Brief"  makes more sense to me.

Or "Boxers - Never Brief"

• Love 5

I'm sure the 'boxers' part does pertain to her love of the sport. I guess the 'briefs' part just completes the pun.

I would rather the brief part refer to when she talks, she's long-winded - not brief.

"Boxers, Not Brief"  makes more sense to me.

Or "Boxers - Never Brief"

I should pay more attention - I thought that's what it did say, when I voted for it, lol.   Boxers, Not Brief.   Oh well, that's what I'm going to pretend it says because I'm pretty sure that's what it means. 

• Love 1

To buffynut, Fisher King and Cosmocrush:

I noticed your questioning of my suggestion (and the ultimate poll winner) of "Boxers or Briefs?" for RP's thread, and thought I'd clarify what I was going for.  Firstly, you're all correct that "Boxers" refers to the sport and RP's fondness for it.  With regard to the reference to "Briefs", my thinking was of the hosts being briefed before the show, thus, during Hot Topics, RP could be discussing either boxers (as she likes) or the actual "briefs" they were to be focused upon, not to mention that it does complete the pun, if you will.

Edited by CuriousParker

I locked the thread earlier since there was not any discussion in the thread during the voting process.

However, I looks like you guys have some stuff to say about it.  So I have unlocked this thread for you to continue the conversation here and not in the other threads.

And remember to be nice.

Thanks.

I noticed your questioning of my suggestion (and the ultimate poll winner) of "Boxers or Briefs?" for RP's thread, and thought I'd clarify what I was going for.  Firstly, you're all correct that "Boxers" refers to the sport and RP's fondness for it.  With regard to the reference to "Briefs", my thinking was of the hosts being briefed before the show, thus, during Hot Topics, RP could be discussing either boxers (as she likes) or the actual "briefs" they were to be focused upon, not to mention that it does complete the pun, if you will.

Sorry,  I did not pick up on that previously.

• Love 1

Thanks Tunia!  

I thought they were all good suggestions.  We've got a clever group here!

• Love 1

Thanks, Tunia, for explaining "boxers or briefs".  Very clever.   I'm such a literal person, I just wondered if at some point I had missed a show where "underwear" had been discussed. :)

Edit to add:   Congrats to all 3 winners. We do have a clever group here!

Edited by buffynut

Thanks Athena and CuriousParker for re-opening for RS suggestions!

I'll kick off with a Poe reference:  Raven-Symone:  Poe's Nightmare!

Fisher King - You wanna' get in here with your idea?  (Thought it was cute, and I may even vote for it - LOL.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Curious, why the Poe reference? Admittedly, I have not been watching the show much at all, so maybe that's why this is going over my head.

Edited by CathInAZ

Curious, why the Poe reference? Admittedly, I have not been watching the show much at all, so maybe that' sway this is going over my head.

That's OK, CathinAZ...I sometimes get a little obscure. 

(edited)

Here is what we have so far, let me know if I missed anyone's suggestions. Please add any more if you would like. If not, we'll open a poll this weekend or next week. Thanks!

• Raven-Symone: Poe's Nightmare!
  • Raven. Sigh. Moan.
  • Raven-Symone: Cosby to Cheetah to Being Relevant?
  • Raven-Symone:  Hair Today...Wig Tomorrow
  • Raven Mad
  • Stark Raven Mad
Edited by Athena
New Suggestion

•Raven-Symone:  Hair Today...Wig Tomorrow

--I vote for this one only because her hair is so distracting that I can barely pay attention to her stark Raven mad opinions

• Love 5
Michelle Collins..... who is she??

that's about as accurate as I can think of.  

I thought it was funny when we started referring to Michelle and raven as "Mohawk & Bangs"  (can't remember who started it)  it only took a week before Michelle started pinning her bangs back, and Raven started doing the "every day a different hairstyle"  thing. 

• Love 4

Michelle's bangs are back but thinner.  Still, I like to think of her as Bangs. 

If threads are made for the new co-hosts, I nominate CMH1981's "Candace Cameron-Creme Brûlée" for Candace's thread.

I like this too.  It's snappier than Candace Cameron Bure: Two Trick Pony with Three Names

• Love 1

Should we even bother one for Michelle Collins?

Feel free to name one for Joy too.

I think "Candace Cameron-Creme Brûlée" is winning even without the poll.

Suggest away!

Joy Behar: So What, Who Cares?

I love this! And I'm still waiting for her to say this again!

Sigh. Guess I'll just go back and watch that clip of Fred Armesen {sp???) playing Joy, saying those words until the real Joy walks up behind "her."

So waat? Whoooo caaaares?

• Love 4