Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Ron will tease Horita, Paulson and Wilson.  Based on interviews, Freddie and Christopher want Paulson to triumph, while Chandler wants Wilson.  Plus, the show films 6 months in advance, so, they cannot change course in whatever direction, they have already taken..

That is the problem with the 6 month tape-to-air delay.  A writer certainly doesn't have to change direction due to viewer reaction, but it would be nice if they could.

Right now, I'm rooting for Paul and Will, which is odd, because I hated when Paul and old-Will originally hooked up. I suspect we're "supposed" to feel sorry for Sonny, but I just don't like FS's portrayal of Sonny anymore.

Love how Eric has come to support his twin the same way Sami arrived just after Eric trashed his place. Also enjoyed the scenes with Eric and his Dad, even if I still think of "Roman" as "Chris". ?  

I think that may be the first time I ever saw scenes with grownup Sami and grownup Belle. 

I hope the Hope/Rafe re-engagement is short lived. Considering how jealous Hope was when Rafe went to Memphis with Sami, she should kick him permanently to the street once she learns how he spent his post-breakup night. And then, Ron please, give Hope a rest from romance.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

With Ron at the helm I am not holding out hope that this "triangle" will end well, or with my preferred two characters together. But I do hope that Paul and Will might actually get some nice scenes out of it in the long run, and today was an indication that they really can play well off of each other.

Will finally got to play something other than confused or angry, the way he sauntered into the hotel room after telling Paul not to "rush" and put some clothes on was pretty funny.

Even though thanks to he shall go unnamed because my blood pressure is better off that way cut into the show with his darn news conference and some of their scenes were lost, what I saw I liked.

I think Christopher and Chandler have a good ease together, the flirting was pretty steady and the end gave me a good laugh, as Will was just about to leave and then thought better of it, after all what's a kiss after you've already done the deed a few times.

Of course they just had to have Sonny show up to finally talk to his current fiance that he's been ignoring. I really didn't need that but hopefully there's more lip locking time tomorrow before Sonny interrupts them.

Guy's Will had more potent chemistry with Christopher.  Chandler's Will never seemed very sexual to me. Chandler seemed to be tentative and chaste. Whereas, Guy and Christopher committed to the scenes and went with it.  I do think that he will tease Paulson next.. I think that Ron is teasing the audience.  Then, he will do Wilson.  I am pretty sure that one of them will be thrown under the bus, after all is said and done. 

I did not like Horita because I knew that the fans were going to turn on Will.   It did not help that they made Will into a scheming jerk, for no reason.  Will being nasty to Paul's mom was very low and calling her a whore was beneath contempt.. Not to mention, the way that he mistreated Sonny before cheating on him.   Horita was just shocking plot twist, that went nowhere. Unlike, Jarlena's affair, that drove stories for years and began Sami's transformation, into a darker version, of her aunt Samantha..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I'm in the strange position of liking all three characters and kind of rooting for the show to be truly daring and have all three men decide to enter into a relationship--WOO HOO!!!

Seriously, I do like all three actors and all three work well together--CM is doing a superb job and CS is always great and I haven't given up hope on FS because I see glimmers of his acting ability seeping in :)  I liked Sonny's conversation with Chad today because I felt his genuine conflict and I liked the reversal in the Will/Paul conversation--when GW and CS played their scenes, Paul come off very much like the dominant male and Will was trying to control his feelings of attraction and in today's scene, Paul was uncomfortable and trying to minimize their sleeping together while Will was flirting up a storm :)

I also liked Will's realizing that his and Sonny's marriage was not this storybook romance and that they had problems that it seems Sonny wants to gloss over.  I wonder if the show will have Will not remembering but rebuilding all of his relationships from scratch.

• Love 6

Does the new police commissioner just go to work when he feels like it?

Does anybody IRL ever really answer the door wearing only a towel?

It's a bit early for putting up Christmas decorations?  What world does Eric live in?

"My Aunt Belle."  Who is also Paul's Aunt Belle.  Not to mention that Paul is Will's step uncle.

How deep does amnesia go?  Does Will not know any professional baseball players?

Ha!  Belle went there with Sami trying to sell her on the black market.  :)

Chandler and Christopher have some great chemistry.

Of course Rafe neglects to tell Hope he slept with Sami.

Nice episode today.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"My Aunt Belle."  Who is also Paul's Aunt Belle.  Not to mention that Paul is Will's step uncle.

I think Belle would be Paul's half-sister?  Thinking this one out loud:  Belle's parents are John and Marlena, and Paul's father is John...  Paul's aunts would be John's sisters, if he has any, not Belle.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It would be so nice to see Anne and Eve chatting about Theresa.

I think I'm finally starting to see an actual characterization from Chandler as NotWill. At first I just thought he was being too low-key and nondescript, but as Will takes stock of how messed-up up his old life was I'm seeing more of a portrait emerge.

We'll see if he has different mannerisms once he regains his memories.

he still smirks too much!

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Guy's Will had more potent chemistry with Christopher.  Chandler's Will never seemed very sexual to me. Chandler seemed to be tentative and chaste. Whereas, Guy and Christopher committed to the scenes and went with it.  I do think that he will tease Paulson next.. I think that Ron is teasing the audience.  Then, he will do Wilson.  I am pretty sure that one of them will be thrown under the bus, after all is said and done. 

Yes! Guy and Christopher really went for it in their romantic scenes. It was like Will and Paul actually had lust and passion for each other. 

Chaste is the perfect word to describe Freddie and Chandler as Sonny and Will. Can only remember one or two of their kisses where they really went for it. I do want to see  Horita during Will’s amnesia. What would Paul tell Sonny?? But I’m endgame Wilson. Cause I’m a sucker for nostalgia 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

They really talked about that ? I guess these writers really wanted to insert this reference..but it is kind of funny and even silly..given the Belle's sorasing..

This Belle version looks almost older than Sami..lol. A one year old Sami would have tried to sell a six month year old Belle..good one.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I did not like Horita because I knew that the fans were going to turn on Will.   It did not help that they made Will into a scheming jerk, for no reason.  Will being nasty to Paul's mom was very low and calling her a whore was beneath contempt.. Not to mention, the way that he mistreated Sonny before cheating on him.   Horita was just shocking plot twist, that went nowhere. Unlike, Jarlena's affair, that drove stories for years and began Sami's transformation, into a darker version, of her aunt Samantha..

I have always tuned in and out of Days for decades now because so often something so right goes so very wrong and often times I never get a couple that I actually might care for in the long term sticking together. 

Will and Paul will probably not be the end game, which I am used to, but I am more than pleased with them so far and I will stick around for the time being to see where things go. Even with the show shooting so far in advance, things can always be re-written later on, that's become a thing with Days for a good while now.

As far as today goes, I actually think that Chandler acted freer in his scenes with Chris. I prefer that Will to the character that he becomes when he's with Sonny, because when it comes to Freddie, imo, most of the time in his scenes he (Freddie) seems awkward and unsure of himself and it translates to his screen partners. Chandler seemed to be feeding off of Christopher's easygoing charm and as I said I thought their flirting was cute and the hungry eyes on Will's part seeing a half naked Paul was amusing.

I also enjoyed the kiss though I know it'll be short-lived. I wish Will had grabbed him while the towel was still in play but alas, perhaps next time.

Whether or not Chandler will be able to match the heat/fire that Guy had with Christoper is probably a "no", heh, but I think it'll be fun to see him try.

• Love 5

I am already super into Paul/Will. LOL I always pick the doomed ships. Also, I really need to check out some GWWill/Paul scenes apparently!

I skipped the Rafe/Hope scenes but otherwise I really liked this episode. Even the Chad/Sonny scenes even though I don't like either of them. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, pau said:

This Belle version looks almost older than Sami..lol. A one year old Sami would have tried to sell a six month year old Belle..good one.

I was thinking that too, which made the "selling baby" comment sound ridiculous.  Sometimes I hate SORASING. Plus, as much as I enjoy this version of Belle, I still can't picture KS's teen Belle turning out this way.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I loved it when she pointed at herself to emphasize that she was the baby Sami had tried to sell! :)

Those scenes with Will and Paul were well-done.  I enjoyed them.

Rafe didn't neglect telling Hope anything.  Hope came down with a soap opera case of "shut up and listen" and wouldn't let him speak, continuously interrupting him both times he tried to tell her.  That's on her as much as it is on him.

Everything in this episode was pretty much perfect except for Hope and Rafe's scenes.  I really hope the exposure of what happened with Sami, whenever it happens, is the final nail in the coffin for them.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Does the new police commissioner just go to work when he feels like it?

Does anybody IRL ever really answer the door wearing only a towel?

It's a bit early for putting up Christmas decorations?  What world does Eric live in?

How deep does amnesia go?  Does Will not know any professional baseball players?

Nice episode today.

Maybe Will/new EJ wasn't allowed to read any newspapers or watch any TV, or look on the Internet. I do prefer Will with Paul, at least right now.

I never really notice Rafe's attire, so I didn't realize he had changed! Hope, you really should let Rafe talk instead of railroad your way in to proposing to him. You haven't wanted to marry him - so why the turnaround in a few hours?

Great, Sami, trash your hotel room. You and Eric are more alike than you thought - although the tantrum/screaming was a bit much for a woman who is almost 40.

I don't tend to put up Christmas stuff early. If Eric was decorating the bar, most of the decorations should have been up a week after US Thanksgiving.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Will/new EJ wasn't allowed to read any newspapers or watch any TV, or look on the Internet. I do prefer Will with Paul, at least right now.

I never really notice Rafe's attire, so I didn't realize he had changed! Hope, you really should let Rafe talk instead of railroad your way in to proposing to him. You haven't wanted to marry him - so why the turnaround in a few hours?

Great, Sami, trash your hotel room. You and Eric are more alike than you thought - although the tantrum/screaming was a bit much for a woman who is almost 40.

I don't tend to put up Christmas stuff early. If Eric was decorating the bar, most of the decorations should have been up a week after US Thanksgiving.

almost 40? she is well past 40 isn't she. she does have a lot of issues that her psychiatrist mother could not even help her with!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

almost 40? she is well past 40 isn't she. she does have a lot of issues that her psychiatrist mother could not even help her with!

She has to be. She had Will as a teenager, yes, but he's mid to late 20s by now too, so she's early 40s at a minimum.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I still have a soft spot for Wilson.  I don't care for Paul.   His contrived father/son relationship with John is so annoying.   John has Brady and Eric, they are his sons.  Paul was not needed..

The show keeps cutting scenes and it makes no sense to me.   The safe scenes went on too long. 

I hate the contrived John/Paul stuff, yeah...but it is what it is. I like Paul...but I'd love him if they gave him something to do besides be a freakin' saint. He's boring. Write for Christopher, Ron. He can do about anything.

22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do too even though I wasn't even a regular watcher while they were together. 

But I don't actually like Sonny or Will anymore lol. I really only like Paul.

I don't like Sonny but ... Will isn't really Will and he hasn't been on enough to judge what he's really like now. I'll support him no matter what b/c I'm a freaky obsessed Will fan.

20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think I'm finally starting to see an actual characterization from Chandler as NotWill. At first I just thought he was being too low-key and nondescript, but as Will takes stock of how messed-up up his old life was I'm seeing more of a portrait emerge.

We'll see if he has different mannerisms once he regains his memories.

I'm loving this little flirty Will. We really didn't get that before.

19 hours ago, CPP83 said:

When Paul opened the door and Will stood there drinking in all the eye candy I bet the song "Your Body Is A Wonderland" began playing in the back of his mind. That was a pretty hungry look in his eyes also.

BWAH. Yeah, totally.

18 hours ago, CPP83 said:

I think Christopher and Chandler have a good ease together, the flirting was pretty steady and the end gave me a good laugh, as Will was just about to leave and then thought better of it, after all what's a kiss after you've already done the deed a few times.

Of course they just had to have Sonny show up to finally talk to his current fiance that he's been ignoring. I really didn't need that but hopefully there's more lip locking time tomorrow before Sonny interrupts them.

I think the Chandler/Christopher chemistry is good. They are friendly in real life and you can see it in their instagram stuff. We'll see how it plays out on screen as they get thrown together more. I love flirty Will. LOL So cute.

I liked Original Wilson for the coming out story. I wanted them together b/c it was a part of that story and b/c Sonny is what Will wanted. I've never liked Sonny that much and I've never seen Freddie's appeal in either acting or physicality (less so now with his schilling of the MLM scheme). Looking back on WilSon, it was kinda a not good situation. Sonny groomed his baby gay into what he wanted. Not that Will wasn't willing or anything. It's just kinda squicky in retrospect. That being said, if they find their way back to each other...I'm okay with it. I just want Will to be happy and/or front and center in a story. (They're saying he signed a 2 year contract so he's around until maybe spring of 2019).

I loved Horita. Guy and Christopher were smokin' hot and they tackled those scenes really well. I'm up for an Horita V2.0 any day. They're interesting.

On another note: I liked the Sonny/Chad interaction yesterday. Chad was a good friend listening, prodding Sonny to get him to decide what he wanted, etc... Great scenes. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

Nah she is just 40 years old and her psychiatrist mother is not stable either herself..every character on this soap need psychiatrist help, Sami is not the only one..they ALL need it.

And Eric also had tantrums..but it was alright because he was a 'guy' ? Ugh ughhhh ugh.

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

Are we seriously supposed to be cheering on the delusional twat that is Ciara Brady?  Watching her blame Theo's shooting and coma on Claire's not handing over a letter has me extremely freaked out and her vowing to make Claire pay feels very sad.  The show is trying to show us how unhinged Ciara's become right?  Because I know I'm not behind this entitled revisionist history nonsense Ciara's trying to peddle as fact.

I do like Steve's "Don't try and kid and kidder" to Tripp--he knows when he's being fed a half-story.  I'm very much looking forward to Steve and Kayla's kicking Kate's butt :)

I'm also liking Will's snarky attitude and how he's not pulling punches in how he's dealing with anybody, especially Sonny.  I also appreciate Sonny's not stringing Paul along, Sonny might love Paul, but he loves Will more and wants to try and reach him and even if Will never remembers, Sonny will never give up.  So where does that leave Paul?  I would definitely be okay with Paul/Will developing some kind of relationship, outside of their ties to Sonny.

Eric and Sami are adorable to watch and I want to see more of their interacting because he keeps her sane, or at least tries to :)

• Love 6

I will give props to Sonny for being honest with Paul about the fact that his love for him doesn't match up with the love he has for Will. It's nice to see them cutting off that whole long, tedious bit of coming to that conclusion after months and months of wasted energy and time.

Paul's heartbreak was very raw, but I liked how he didn't go over the top with rage or hurt, he just sat and looked like his whole world was ending. I will give both Chris and Freddie kudos for those scenes, Paul and Sonny acted like adults with each other.

Will, on the other hand, was a sassy little minx, heh, and I liked it. The way he really didn't want to break up that lip lock with Paul was very understandable. He was being very curt and aloof with Sonny, I saw his "Sami Brady" side emerging.

The Eric and Sami scenes were adorable. Greg and Alison have such special chemistry I think. They really give off vibes of being brother and sister. Alison seemed to be having almost too much fun with him, heh, and Greg kept trying to keep a straight face at her antics.

The rest of the show happened but I didn't care about any of it.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Will/new EJ wasn't allowed to read any newspapers or watch any TV, or look on the Internet.

From what I understand, amnesia doesn't take away things like who is the President, who is a major league baseball player, or how to speak English.  It's more the personal stuff.  Of course, there may be different levels.

• Love 1

Today was awesome (I only watched PillSon). 

LOVE LOVE LOVE snarky/dickish Will. His innuendo was hilarious.

Hated that Paul got his heart broken (not b/c I want PaulSon but b/c I like Paul in general). Glad that Sonny didn't drag it out, though. 

• Love 3

Wow, Will, uncool to open the door to Paul's room to let Sonny in. That was a dick move.

Kayla, mind your own business about what Kate was saying to Theo.

I was wondering why Kate called Claire "honey", but then, so did Claire.  :)

Damn, Kayla, don't slam the door when you leave a patient's room!

"We're done"?  That was a pretty blunt way of putting, it Sonny.  There could have been more subtle ways to word it.

• Love 5
On 12/6/2017 at 0:44 AM, pau said:

I disagree and NO THANKS, you can keep Rafe on this soap (far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from Sami) .

If not Rafe who else for Hope.  Everyone else is related to her one way or another.

Steve's comment today that Tripp has "nothing to be sorry for" reminds me of something that was said about one of these sexual assault cases... If it was such a small thing that women shouldn't be upset, how was it big enough to ruin a legacy?  If Tripp has nothing to be sorry for, how is he on the hook to be blackmailed for something that is big enough to destroy the life of the person he was trying to hurt in the first place?  It's really gross.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

If not Rafe who else for Hope.  Everyone else is related to her one way or another.

Well, not really.  She's not blood-related to most of the men - John, Roman, Steve, Victor, Brady, Justin, Chad, Andre (yuck), Eric, Eli (? that one I don't know about, I don't understand who Eli's father is, but he might somehow be her great-nephew or something), Abe...  She's only blood-related to JJ, Shawn-D, and Lucas, I think.  Am I forgetting anyone currently on the show?  

49 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Well, Eric is only related by marriage ...

1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Eli (? that one I don't know about, I don't understand who Eli's father is, but he might somehow be her great-nephew or something),

Yeah, Hope's half sister is his grandmother, so she's his great aunt or something like that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Today was awesome (I only watched PillSon). 

LOVE LOVE LOVE snarky/dickish Will. His innuendo was hilarious.

Hated that Paul got his heart broken (not b/c I want PaulSon but b/c I like Paul in general). Glad that Sonny didn't drag it out, though. 

I don't feel sorry for Paul. I hope his misery continues. Will was sacrificed for him. This is schadenfreude for me. 

• Love 1

I really do not like Will. I'm not a fan of his snarkiness, which I usually like in a character. I don't know, there's just something about the way CM plays it that irritates me more than entertains me.

I wish they'd bring someone new for Paul. I really like him and frankly neither Will nor Sonny is good enough (or hot enough lol) for him imo.

I loved the Sami/Eric scenes. They have a really nice, easy chem. 

I feel like this Ciara thing is about trying to force people to like Claire or something because it's way OTT. Ciara continues to have amazing hair, but otherwise she is insufferable.

I feel bad because it's so shallow and horrible, but I can barely watch Claire scenes because I'm annoyed by her face and manner of speaking. And her head is way too big for her body. 

I feel like I loved Steve back in the day but I can not stand him now. I wanna like Kayla, but I can't really get there. Same for Tripp really.

Edited by peachmangosteen
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't feel sorry for Paul. I hope his misery continues. Will was sacrificed for him. This is schadenfreude for me. 

Will was not "sacrificed."  But whatever.  Think what you want.  Enjoy what you want.  Wonder if you still will be if Will ends up with him?

Edited by Star Aristille

Ciara, Theo getting shot and being in a coma is hardly Claire's fault because she intercepted your love letter to him. Should she have done it? No, but she did. You wanted Chad, who didn't want you, and bypassed Theo's interest so he found someone else. Some of Theo's situation is because JJ shot him, otherwise, it was also Theo's choice to go to the warehouse to snoop for Kate. He didn't drop what he was holding when ordered to do so.

Claire is also thin, as noted above.

Enjoyed Sami and Eric behaving like siblings and still hanging out together.

Nice that Tripp came clean to Steve, but I'm still on the fence with him.

Paul, you are better off without Sonny, at least for a while. Paul comes across as a bit of a decent guy (at least for now) and deserves someone a bit better and without as much baggage.

I'm guessing Sami's excitement deals with probably an EJ sighting. Unless Stefano has bobbled up (unlikely).

• Love 5

So, basically, Ciara is a badly dressed, hair-tossing, pouty lipped total nutjob.  

Got it.  Thanks, Show.  

And Ron C. is recreating his Days version of the OLTL Buchanan sisters - Ciara is Natalie, Claire is Jessica.  

Worked on that show, hitting the floor on this show like overcooked pasta.

Edited by boes
Being stupid.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I was thinking Ciara and Claire were being set up as  the next Sami and Carrie lol.

That too.  The visuals, though, motorcycle mama drag on Ciara, golden Princess on Claire, reads Buchanan sisters sibling rivalry, OLTL style.

Belle and Shawn are not going to put up with her trashing Claire, Hope will side with Ciara, and scenery chewing will commence.

• Love 5

Amnesia Will is kind of a dick.  I guess with multiple people in your face telling you how to feel and who you are that could happen though.  Glad Sonny got to the point with Paul. No need to drag it out. 

I like that Sami has Eric to talk to. Love their scenes. Sami’s plan was beyond stupid but I hate having her alienated from her whole family except for Eric. She came home for Will and will probably go back home with no relationship with him. I enjoyed her and Belle too. I think I just like families interacting more than they have before. 

So Ciara is delusional but if I have to choose between her and Claire, I’m picking Ciara mainly because of the hair. Them sniping at each other might be fun. And we can see what Ciara has planned. 

Sorry Tripp, not feeling it.  Didn’t Hope almost die from his vendetta against Kayla or is that wrong? His road to redemption does nothing for me but make me dislike Steve and side eye Kayla for accepting all his bullshit. 

Kate is remorseful and trying to cover her ass. That’s Kate in a nutshell. Sorry for what’s happened but still protecting herself. She will eventually be found out though. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, luvgoldens said:

Claire is so painfully thin.  Those collarbones trying to poke through her skin give me the heebie jeebies.

She and Hope are both at anorexic levels of thin. It's cringe worthy to watch them. 

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I disagree that Will was "sacrificed." Yes, the writers effed with Will's character to a bad degree but I don't think he was sacrificed for Paul. That was behind the scenes shit wrt Guy.

Paul is a decent, if not boring guy. He deserves some happiness. Hell, if he wants Sonny, fine. Keep Sonny away from Will for awhile. Sonny thinks he's entitled to him and that is pissing me off. If WilSon ends up back together, I hope Sonny has some come to Jesus moments with himself about his actions and how they contributed to the demise of their marriage.

Will is right to be pissy about everyone sugar coating his life. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, boes said:

That too.  The visuals, though, motorcycle mama drag on Ciara, golden Princess on Claire, reads Buchanan sisters sibling rivalry, OLTL style.

Belle and Shawn are not going to put up with her trashing Claire, Hope will side with Ciara, and scenery chewing will commence.

I agree that Belle and Shawn will be on their daughter's side but I can't see Hope approving of Ciara's bitchy attitude especially when it's being thrown at her and her loved ones.  I keep hoping Ciara will have a breakdown like Susan did when all of her delusions were thrown back at her and Ciara will at least be slightly normal.

• Love 2

His road to redemption does nothing for me but make me dislike Steve and side eye Kayla for accepting all his bullshit.

Yup. It's sucks because the actor playing Tripp is a total find and he has chemistry with Kayla. I can't stand Steve because of what his story has done to Kayla. She keeps having to apologize for him or swallow her frustration. I don't see him as a good father or husband. I want to, but I can't. And I loathe how this show always has women getting emotionally abused or raped and then makes them stay with the guy who hurt them. Sigh.

She and Hope are both at anorexic levels of thin. It's cringe worthy to watch them.

Been saying that for months. It really upsets me, honestly. Wish the show would address it and write it in that Claire does have an eating disorder...but they won't because it would piss off the actress. And they'd probably handle it as realistically and sensitively as Lucas' drinking.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Been saying that for months. It really upsets me, honestly. Wish the show would address it and write it in that Claire does have an eating disorder...but they won't because it would piss off the actress. And they'd probably handle it as realistically and sensitively as Lucas' drinking.

I need to ask, why do you think the actress playing Claire would be angered by an eating disorder storyline?  

Today's episode was rather interesting, especially getting everybody's perspective on the Will/Sonny/Paul mess--I liked Brady immediately being on Paul's side because they are apparently bros for life, and Victor's badmouthing of Will just caused my damn eyes to roll out of my head.  I absolutely loved Will's reaction to hearing that he shot EJ and that Lucas took the fall for it--CM played his anguished surprise wonderfully--and I think Will is starting to see that he might be as impulsive as his mom.  Not purposefully hurtful, just not always thinking before acting.

• Love 5

Actresses are very conscious of their weight and appearance. This girl probably feels constant pressure to stay thin and "good looking" for the camera. It's probably even a badge of pride to her that she's able to stay this thin, although it's equally possible she just has a high metabolism and doesn't particularly care one way or the other about her weight.

Bottom line is me asking for them to do an eating disorder storyline is entirely about the fact that I think this actress might actually have an eating disorder or body image problem. If they were to go to her with the request for her to play that, it'd probably make her defensive.

I remember when Judi Evans played on Another World and did a storyline about Paulina feeling ashamed of her weight. If I recall correctly, Judi had had kids and gained some weight and in a TV world inhabited by nothing but thin actresses began to stand out from the rest of the cast. I always thought it took a lot of guts for her to be willing to do a storyline about Paulina becoming "fat" because it was obviously a meta commentary on her own eating habits and body shape. Most actresses would probably not want their weight commented on in a storyline.

Remember how annoyed Calista Flockhart was to constantly have to tell people she wasn't anorexic? Maybe she just does have high metabolism. Or maybe she spent the last few decades in the public eye with an eating disorder. Either way she's never been comfortable with people discussing her appearance because culturally she's known as the poster girl for being too thin. I don't see the actress who plays Claire being willing to put herself out on a limb like that and open herself up to scrutiny when all she's doing is a soap opera.

Maybe if this was something they had always planned to do with the character when they cast her, then she would be game. But them springing it on her like this as a reaction to fan feedback to the show would probably just make her feel like crap. Especially if, as we all fear, she really does have an eating disorder.

Wouldn't that be like asking an actress who's been diagnosed with cancer to integrate it into her character's storyline? Hard to imagine anybody appreciating that.

Edit: I like Brady's jacket today...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Chandler Massey is a better actor than Guy Wilson (who I couldn't stand) by a long shot, but I have to say that when it comes to physical interaction in a sexual way, GW was much more natural. The Horita kiss was all right in itself, and CM certainly plays the flirting and sexual attraction very well, but the way he awkwardly had his hands on CS right after (when Sonny was knocking and Will was trying to convince Paul not to answer) just screamed straight dude who doesn't have a clue how to make it look natural. I don't know if he's clueless or uncomfortable, but either way, it didn't work for me.

For that reason I'm rather rooting for Paulson, even though I think Paul would really be better off without either of them. Will and Sonny both have way too much baggage, individually and together, and I'd run screaming from that mess if I were Paul. I agree with swtrgrl that Sonny is coming off as entitled to Will - he gives lip service to the notion that Will might not want to be with him, but I don't feel like he means it. He sees himself as being the only one with real agency here and that Will and Paul will do whatever he decides. (And for that reason, I'd normally root for Horita to give Sonny a shock to his system...but CM has to get more natural with sex scenes for me to be interested.) I also think Sonny should have listened to Chad, but that's neither here nor there.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I remember when Judi Evans played on Another World and did a storyline about Paulina feeling ashamed of her weight. If I recall correctly, Judi had had kids and gained some weight and in a TV world inhabited by nothing but thin actresses began to stand out from the rest of the cast. I always thought it took a lot of guts for her to be willing to do a storyline about Paulina becoming "fat" because it was obviously a meta commentary on her own eating habits and body shape. Most actresses would probably not want their weight commented on in a storyline.

Yes, and Judi said in an interview that the storyline was originally broached to her by the wrong person in the wrong way. She ended up playing it, but clearly the introduction of the idea to her didn't go well.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Actresses are very conscious of their weight and appearance. This girl probably feels constant pressure to stay thin and "good looking" for the camera. It's probably even a badge of pride to her that she's able to stay this thin, although it's equally possible she just has a high metabolism and doesn't particularly care one way or the other about her weight.

True, Allison Sweeney had to portray bulimia on the show as Sami.   She was chubby at the time.  Sherry Anderson who wrote the story asked her if she was comfortable playing that story. Allison gave her consent and Sherry wrote the story, as a consequence, to Sami, witnessing Marlena sleeping with John, at Titan.  Allison said that the show never pressured her to lose weight.  They were very supportive of her..

43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wouldn't that be like asking an actress who's been diagnosed with cancer to integrate it into her character's storyline? Hard to imagine anybody appreciating that.

Patsy Pease who played Kim on the show had to portray the sexual abuse storyline and she was herself, abused, as a child, in real life.   When Kim had a mental breakdown, years later. Kim was recast in the middle of the story, because, the story got too intense, for Patsy, to continue playing Kim, without, putting, her own mental health, at risk.  She never told the show about her abuse and just acted the story, until, it became too much for her. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, Allison Sweeney had to portray bulimia on the show as Sami.   She was chubby at the time.  Sherry Anderson who wrote the story asked her if she was comfortable playing that story. Allison gave her consent and Sherry wrote the story, as a consequence, to Sami, witnessing Marlena sleeping with John, at Titan.  Allison said that the show never pressured her to lose weight.  They were very supportive of her..

Patsy Pease who played Kim on the show had to portray the sexual abuse storyline and she was herself, abused, as a child, in real life.   When Kim had a mental breakdown, years later. Kim was recast in the middle of the story, because, the story got too intense, for Patsy, to continue playing Kim, without, putting, her own mental health, at risk.  She never told the show about her abuse and just acted the story, until, it became too much for her. 

I remember both of these storylines and I felt terrible for Patsy to have her story hit her that close to home that she couldn't continue playing it--DAMN!!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

AS was a normal sized teen girl with the normal amount of baby fat. They had characters like Lucas and Alan (her rapist) nitpick on weight but I think that they were the only ones who did.

I was more offended by the viewing audience who would call her Spami because at the end of the day, AS was still a child who was being degraded because of the character that she played on tv. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

AS was a normal sized teen girl with the normal amount of baby fat. They had characters like Lucas and Alan (her rapist) nitpick on weight but I think that they were the only ones who did.

I was more offended by the viewing audience who would call her Spami because at the end of the day, AS was still a child who was being degraded because of the character that she played on tv. 

Lucas was awful and quite a bully concerning Sami and her weight..one reason i never really develop a real liking to this character..he could be so mean..in a gratuitous way.

• Love 3

Yes, and Judi said in an interview that the storyline was originally broached to her by the wrong person in the wrong way. She ended up playing it, but clearly the introduction of the idea to her didn't go well.

Really? I'd never heard that. Do you recall the details?