Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, tribeca said:

I dig Brady as a bad guy.   It’s about time someone called Brady out on his drinking.   Sorry but there is no way no noticed he was drinking.  It’s time for his dad to come try to knock some sense into him.  But I think John forgets he has another son. 

I'm down with Brady as a bad guy. I've hated him recently and have come to enjoy that. I hope they keep him that way. I don't want to have to wrestle with whether he's good or bad. Just commit to the bad. 

John is too busy playing catch up with Saint Paul.

• Love 4

Please God no....Brady and Eve is nasty. Eve already debased herself with the whole JJ affair. She knows better than to get with Brady. I hope.

I get that they have to do something with the characters they've got, but I don't really believe that Kate feels Gabi is The One for Chad. He can do better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Please God no....Brady and Eve is nasty. Eve already debased herself with the whole JJ affair. She knows better than to get with Brady. I hope.

I get that they have to do something with the characters they've got, but I don't really believe that Kate feels Gabi is The One for Chad. He can do better.

I don't know who else she can be paired with though and I'm digging their dynamic so far. I think Brave would be hot lol. Mainly I'm just happy KDP is back and am just going with the flow. I do think she should stay far from JJ.

• Love 3

Brady is being quite crafty but doesn't Eve have an alibi for the murder?  Wasn't she in New York at the time?

I'm liking the slow development of the Tripp/Kayla/Steve scenes--she doesn't quite trust him but she knows he's not an evil person.  Soon she'll be mentoring him in med school again, you just know it.

I like that Claire wants to earn her musical reputation legitimately and it's kind of weird that Theo doesn't get that.  It's like his insane reasoning during the Wyatt debacle--people don't like their lives played with , Theo.  It's truly not that difficult to understand.

And this is just speculation, but does Kate think Tripp is some kind of hired thug she can get to break into the warehouse?  How random.

• Love 4

I don't know who else she can be paired with though.

Justin. There was real potential there and I thought her return would mean more time for Adrienne and Lucas to break up and Justin to be torn between two women.

• Love 1

Does no one know what the word anonymous means?

kate is a good little blue haired eavesdropper.  

Abbys reaction to Gabby possible working at Demira was odd as was her expression when Gabby mentioned dating Eli.  Strange acting choice?  It just didn’t fit.  JMHO.  

When Brady’s plan fails it will be glorious.   Hopefully he will be arrested for his great uncle murder.  Then Nicole can come back and be with Eric. 

• Love 4

I understand the hospital being interested in the mystery donor's identity. Someone, probably the accounting person or the fund development person, would have some sort of record. Unless the anonymous person dumps a few bags of physical cash, there is some record. Even a bank has to order a significant amount of actual money to pay it in cash.

Abs, who cares if Gabi works at DiMera. It's a big company. Get over yourself.

The case against Eve is purely circumstantial. Wow, the amulet finds its way in to her handbag - confirmed by a paid staff member. Brady, your plan will fail.

Theo, lay off Claire. Sure, lots of people buy followers on social media. It's part of the business. She would notice that after minimal activity on her social media accounts, all of a sudden it grows exponentially?

Tripp needs to grow up a bit. Kayla has every right to see you slowly prove to everyone that you are not an evil person - a bit misguided initially.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm liking the slow development of the Tripp/Kayla/Steve scenes--she doesn't quite trust him but she knows he's not an evil person.  Soon she'll be mentoring him in med school again, you just know it.

I don't think she could come back from that.  Hiding what Tripp did endangers future patients.  I don't understand at all why it was a problem for Steve and Kayla to cover for Joey, but not only can they cover for Tripp, but endanger his future patients.

Tripp to me is like these abusers in the headlines that everyone wants to look past.  My only hope is that Kate somehow exposes everything he did.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, lska said:

I don't think she could come back from that.  Hiding what Tripp did endangers future patients.  I don't understand at all why it was a problem for Steve and Kayla to cover for Joey, but not only can they cover for Tripp, but endanger his future patients.

Tripp to me is like these abusers in the headlines that everyone wants to look past.  My only hope is that Kate somehow exposes everything he did.

Even if Kate does expose Tripp, everybody is going to be upset at Kate for being mean to poor innocent Tripp.  Just like Sami was demonized for actually reacting to Abigail's treachery.  I also expect Kayla will be Tripp's biggest cheerleader on the show..

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Justin. There was real potential there and I thought her return would mean more time for Adrienne and Lucas to break up and Justin to be torn between two women.

I LOVED the idea of Justin & Eve. They bonded over her grief and his over zealous attempted prosecution of Chad.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Abs, who cares if Gabi works at DiMera. It's a big company. Get over yourself.

Except that it's pretty clear she'd have to work with Abby...and thus be thrown into Chad's orbit a lot. So, I don't think it's quite, "get over yourself" levels. 

• Love 4

If Andre, Victor, Eric, and Gabi who have all killed people and who've all shown various degrees of remorse and/or guilt can walk around Salem and be accepted and loved by other characters, Tripp, who never actually killed anyone, can be forgiven and granted a second chance.

And I can understand Abby's being uncomfortable, but it's not like Gabi is still actively pining--she's involved with Eli and dealing with the actual specter of Will's being alive.  I don't think Chad's even on her radar.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

If Andre, Victor, Eric, and Gabi who have all killed people and who've all shown various degrees of remorse and/or guilt can walk around Salem and be accepted and loved by other characters, Tripp, who never actually killed anyone, can be forgiven and granted a second chance.

It is not the same thing. Eric and Gabi were remorseful in killing somebody. Victor is an anti-hero, we have never really seen Victor kill anybody, he has tried to kill people. Andre is a serial killer , despite the fact the show wants to forget the history. My problem is the fact that there are no consequences to Tripp's actions. 

I am glad that the writers who wrote Jack's redemption, did not make false equivalencies in that story.  Every ugliness in Jack was touched upon, it was not whitewashed.   In fact, it is why Jack became so popular, despite having rape the ultimate good girl, Kayla.. He was remorseful, he tried to make amends to those he wronged and would  fail at it at times. He was self-loathing and did not believe that he was worth something. Plus, you had Jennifer, who held on and never gave up on Jack, who was always encouraging him.  The  I believe in you scene, encapsulated Jennifer's unwavering belief in Jack.  The Jack/Jennifer love story was a transformative love and it cemented their place on the show as a supercouple. Kayla did forgive Jack, but, she never forgot it. There was always tension in their scenes. Actions have consequences, soaps no longer do that.

A part of me is always going to be bitter watching Steve with Tripp. I want to see Steve with Stephanie or Joey.  I don't like how Tripp basically just replaced Joey. Steve should be involved with Jack's children and Adrienne's children.  When was the last time we saw Steve speak to JJ, Abigail or Sonny.  Days has always been about love, adventure and family..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

A part of me is always going to be bitter watching Steve with Tripp. I want to see Steve with Stephanie or Joey.  I don't like how Tripp basically just replaced Joey. Steve should be involved with Jack's children and Adrienne's children.  When was the last time we saw Steve speak to JJ, Abigail or Sonny.  Days has always been about love, adventure and family..

Sometimes it also bugs me that with Tripp replacing Joey, the new actor replaced the old one. I know Joey wasn't the greatest actor, but I still feel bad for him. And like I've mentioned before, I think all the teens had too deep and serious storylines to portray right off the bat. I still wish they'd have let the teens be teens, then throw a serious story at a couple of them. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Sometimes it also bugs me that with Tripp replacing Joey, the new actor replaced the old one. I know Joey wasn't the greatest actor, but I still feel bad for him. And like I've mentioned before, I think all the teens had too deep and serious storylines to portray right off the bat. I still wish they'd have let the teens be teens, then throw a serious story at a couple of them. 

I so agree with you.  That is why the "Last Blast" teen scene of Shawn, Belle, Chloe, Phillip, and Mimi is still one of my favorites.  They were so well integrated into the main storylines but also had their own stories of bullying, sex, etc. 

TPTB really did this teen scene no favors.  It was so great seeing all the kids SORASed but considering 80% of them are related and there was no intention to bring in anyone new, as well as give them really strong individual personalities.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I so agree with you.  That is why the "Last Blast" teen scene of Shawn, Belle, Chloe, Phillip, and Mimi is still one of my favorites.  They were so well integrated into the main storylines but also had their own stories of bullying, sex, etc. 

TPTB really did this teen scene no favors.  It was so great seeing all the kids SORASed but considering 80% of them are related and there was no intention to bring in anyone new, as well as give them really strong individual personalities.

Plus, there was no need to age them.  Ciara and the others should have remained as kids.  Belle being the mother of a young adult is jarring for me..

• Love 3

Today's episode actually had Rafe--RAFE of all people--explaining to Eli on how to be a clever detective.  I'll give you all a minute to stop laughing :)

Of course Eve had an alibi and it looks like the cops are back to looking at the Kirikias mansion for the murderer--well done Brady :)

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am glad that the writers who wrote Jack's redemption, did not make false equivalencies in that story.  Every ugliness in Jack was touched upon, it was not whitewashed.   In fact, it is why Jack became so popular, despite having rape the ultimate good girl, Kayla.. He was remorseful, he tried to make amends to those he wronged and would  fail at it at times. He was self-loathing and did not believe that he was worth something. Plus, you had Jennifer, who held on and never gave up on Jack, who was always encouraging him.  The  I believe in you scene, encapsulated Jennifer's unwavering belief in Jack.  The Jack/Jennifer love story was a transformative love and it cemented their place on the show as a supercouple. Kayla did forgive Jack, but, she never forgot it. There was always tension in their scenes. Actions have consequences, soaps no longer do that.

Also, the Jack redemption didn't happen overnight.  He continued being a royal jerk to Steve, Kayla and even the entire Johnson family after he found out he wasn't a Devereaux.  He gradually let Jo into his life, but it wasn't until he figured out Kayla was pregnant with Stephanie (even before Steve knew) that (IMO) he really started to change towards Steve and Kayla.  Yes, during this time, Jennifer was beginning to influence his life, but for some reason, I always like to think Stephanie was the real change in his attitude.  He was even there at the hospital with the rest of the family when Stephanie was born and he seemed to fit in comfortably.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Also, the Jack redemption didn't happen overnight.  He continued being a royal jerk to Steve, Kayla and even the entire Johnson family after he found out he wasn't a Devereaux.  He gradually let Jo into his life, but it wasn't until he figured out Kayla was pregnant with Stephanie (even before Steve knew) that (IMO) he really started to change towards Steve and Kayla.  Yes, during this time, Jennifer was beginning to influence his life, but for some reason, I always like to think Stephanie was the real change in his attitude.  He was even there at the hospital with the rest of the family when Stephanie was born and he seemed to fit in comfortably.

He also sent goons to beat Steve up, mocked Kayla about the rape.  He threatened to harm her if she pressed charges for marital rape.  She did press charges with Steve by her side. Don't forget that story about foster care that Jennifer worked on at the spectator, that really help him to open up to Jo.  Jo was always a fascinating character, a complex woman.   You will never see that type of complex writing  again on a soap. One thing that the show never really pursued in depth was the Jack/Adrienne relationship, especially, since Adrienne herself was a survivor of incest and sexual abuse.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I really hated the "last blast" teen scene, it was so cliche and corny and boring to me..and i was the demo/public for it (a little younger than the characters)..all the characters were total caricatures to me..i could not relate or even enjoy it..even the one note teen soaps i watched from time to time (the OC, Degrassi, Dawson, One Three Hill) were subtle writing next to them..

I'm guessing an empty casket will be tomorrow's cliff hanger? (not a spoiler, BTW)

Today was better than the last 2 days.  Why is it that Rafe is tolerable when he's with any other character than Hope.  Have Chloe / Rafe ever been a couple? I saw chemistry between them. Course Chloe seems to have chemistry with all the men.

Yay Eve!  I don't even care much for her character, but loving seeing Brady get shown up for his stupidity. 

Speaking of Eve, I hope they're aren't going to pair her with Brady. She seems more older than Brady, than Jennifer and Eric.  Eve and Justin were ok together, but it would have only been temporary, as Justin & Adrienne are always end game. I actually liked Eve with Eduardo. Between the 2 veteran actors, I liked Eduardo better than Deimos. I know he was a Herandez, but I would have been ok if he'd stuck around.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I'm guessing an empty casket will be tomorrow's cliff hanger? (not a spoiler, BTW)

Today was better than the last 2 days.  Why is it that Rafe is tolerable when he's with any other character than Hope.  Have Chloe / Rafe ever been a couple? I saw chemistry between them. Course Chloe seems to have chemistry with all the men.

Yay Eve!  I don't even care much for her character, but loving seeing Brady get shown up for his stupidity. 

Speaking of Eve, I hope they're aren't going to pair her with Brady. She seems more older than Brady, than Jennifer and Eric.  Eve and Justin were ok together, but it would have only been temporary, as Justin & Adrienne are always end game. I actually liked Eve with Eduardo. Between the 2 veteran actors, I liked Eduardo better than Deimos. I know he was a Herandez, but I would have been ok if he'd stuck around.

Chloe and Rafe have never been a couple, but Nadia is friends with Galen and his wife. That may explain their chemistry outside of Nadia having chemistry with everyone. 

• Love 5

"She can always do a line of correctional facility loungewear."

I don't like Chloe's new hair.

Poor Theo.  He can't lie, so he deflects when he's asked point blank a question he doesn't want to answer

"Weekend with George and Amal.  Too hip for the room?"

"Susan Banks is an orthodontic nightmare."

I'm beginning to love Eve.

At least we know where Sami's kids are now

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode actually had Rafe--RAFE of all people--explaining to Eli on how to be a clever detective.  I'll give you all a minute to stop laughing :)

Of course Eve had an alibi and it looks like the cops are back to looking at the Kirikias mansion for the murderer--well done Brady :)

I love Eve getting the upper hand on Victor and Brady. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I never pay that much attention to Andre's scenes, or whether he is Andre or Tony at a particular time, so I can't speak to that.  Victor is a long time established villain on the show, and the dynamic is different than what they are trying to do with Tripp.  Even then, many people had a problem with Maggie marrying him, given how he targeted her children.  Eric killed someone in an accident, didn't hide it, was blamed by other characters for it, was remorseful to the point of self-destruction, and actually went to jail.  Gabi killed someone who was abusing her, and went to jail for it.

None of that is comparable to Tripp targeting Kayla for no good reason, and then Kayla somehow becoming the villain for being angry about it, and being made responsible for hiding his misdeeds from everyone else, even though she was the victim and it puts her professionally at risk.

It's in character for her to forgive him in time for what he did to her, but we saw none of that unfold on screen.  The problem is that the story doesn't value at all what either Ava or Tripp did to her.  There was never a beat where Tripp had to confront the truth of what his mother did.  He knew it all along, and continued to hurt Kayla anyway.  But the part about what he did at the hospital, is not for her to choose to cover up.

Edited by lska
  • Love 2

Geez, Brady - if you are trying to set someone up, check first to see if they have any sort of legitimate alibi. Eve, good for you for getting the upper hand and some good Scotch.

Sami and Co. are back from Memphis so soon?

The DiMera hacking or whatever is going on needs to be fleshed out more.

Chloe's hair reminded me of Hope. Maybe she can be the one to get Lucas to stop drinking.

• Love 4

I thought I might skip Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes because they had nothing to do with the search for Will, but I just watched Tuesday's and actually kind of enjoyed it. Yes Chabby are annoying but don't soaps usually have a couple in the throes of romantic bliss at some point every month? I guess it's their turn. I still don't like the twist with Eve, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a temporary placeholder story until Justin comes back to town. I do think Eric Marstoff is going to get to stretch in a new direction as Bad Brady and I might welcome it if the writing isn't bad and the performance isn't hammy. I've spent enough time watching Brady be a dick. If he's going to actually be a villain now I hope we can see something a bit more refined then what he did to Nicole and Eric. Accusing Eve of murder doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation for his future villain plots though. Pretty random and sloppy.

In a way I'm kind of glad to see some consistency with Kate regarding Gabi. After she helped her cover up the murder of Nick they kind of bonded and then again later on Basic Black their paths crossed. Although now that I think about it, didn't Gabi leave Kate's employ to join up with Nicole and Theresa on DJ Wear before it launched? Interesting how that defection didn't affect Kate's opinion of Gabby in any way...

Now that I think about it, it's completely preposterous that a convicted murderer would be able to position herself as some kind of fashion guru and have a successful business with her name in the title. I get that everyone in this town has killed and managed to go on to lead very public happy lives, but I think it would have been more interesting for the writers and Kate to acknowledge that Gabi would only find a certain amount of success on her own as a known murderer and would do better folded into a huge company like DiMera, where she could be a cog in a wheel and where Stefano, EJ, Kristen and Andre's past misdeeds would trump hers.

But I also love that Kate is hiring Gabi just to stick it to Abigail and then promptly sticks it to Abigail further by pitting her against her own mother. I literally clapped when she called Jennifer annoying to her face. If the show tries to make her out to be some Saintly successor to Nicole, I'm going to have to start drinking and rooting for Eric to do the same.

I don't know if we can fairly say that Ron is railroading Rafe as a character by having him act weird with Hope and Eli, but I'm really liking it and hope it leads to Galen leaving the show. Enough already!

She and Andre bonded when she went into hiding.

And as Kate has pointed out, they're both nuts.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Why is Abby such an Andre fan ? 

She has a serial killer who will do anything for her including faking her death. I am waiting for the day when Andre finally shows his true colors and turns on her.  As in the fable the scorpion and the frog, Andre will always be a scorpion.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought I might skip Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes because they had nothing to do with the search for Will, but I just watched Tuesday's and actually kind of enjoyed it. Yes Chabby are annoying but don't soaps usually have a couple in the throes of romantic bliss at some point every month? I guess it's their turn. I still don't like the twist with Eve, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a temporary placeholder story until Justin comes back to town. I do think Eric Marstoff is going to get to stretch in a new direction as Bad Brady and I might welcome it if the writing isn't bad and the performance isn't hammy. I've spent enough time watching Brady be a dick. If he's going to actually be a villain now I hope we can see something a bit more refined then what he did to Nicole and Eric. Accusing Eve of murder doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation for his future villain plots though. Pretty random and sloppy.

In a way I'm kind of glad to see some consistency with Kate regarding Gabi. After she helped her cover up the murder of Nick they kind of bonded and then again later on Basic Black their paths crossed. Although now that I think about it, didn't Gabi leave Kate's employ to join up with Nicole and Theresa on DJ Wear before it launched? Interesting how that defection didn't affect Kate's opinion of Gabby in any way...

Now that I think about it, it's completely preposterous that a convicted murderer would be able to position herself as some kind of fashion guru and have a successful business with her name in the title. I get that everyone in this town has killed and managed to go on to lead very public happy lives, but I think it would have been more interesting for the writers and Kate to acknowledge that Gabi would only find a certain amount of success on her own as a known murderer and would do better folded into a huge company like DiMera, where she could be a cog in a wheel and where Stefano, EJ, Kristen and Andre's past misdeeds would trump hers.

But I also love that Kate is hiring Gabi just to stick it to Abigail and then promptly sticks it to Abigail further by pitting her against her own mother. I literally clapped when she called Jennifer annoying to her face. If the show tries to make her out to be some Saintly successor to Nicole, I'm going to have to start drinking and rooting for Eric to do the same.

I don't know if we can fairly say that Ron is railroading Rafe as a character by having him act weird with Hope and Eli, but I'm really liking it and hope it leads to Galen leaving the show. Enough already!

And as Kate has pointed out, they're both nuts.

BeeEeeUutiful post!!!!!!

• Love 3

I've skipped a lot of episodes lately, but I watched yesterday's.  Snoozefest.  I see that I didn't miss anything...

What happened to Rafe's face?  Did he get in a fight?  I did enjoy that the writers finally made him sort of smart, and maybe a half decent detective.  It's about time.

Abby is now the PR Director for Dimera Enterprises?  What is her background, her education?  I guess it doesn't matter on soaps though, anyone can do anything (and earn half a million per year doing it).

Sami is still annoying, and I won't be upset once she leaves again.  Nice to hear that she pawned her kids off on Carrie and Austin...  Why not bring them back?  Let them see their grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.  Heck, let Allie see Lucas!  

Brady's plan was great... until it wasn't.  Gotta love Victor though, the only saving grace of the show in his few, short scenes.

I'm not sure when I'll catch another episode.  The paint peeling off of my bedroom ceiling seems to be more interesting right now.

• Love 2

I need to have a long chat with Days of Our Lives' post-production department. They replayed that clip of Theo getting shot and twisting so many times it started to look like a dance move. And thanks for the squished tomato sound effect - you reminded me I have to make pasta sauce.

Someone also needs to explain to me how this show's budget works. They didn't have the money to do a quick scene of a security guard at the warehouse noticing Theo breaking in and dialing 9-1-1 to justify Lani and JJ rushing over there so quickly? But they did have money to pay the fee to fully sing "Happy Birthday To You"? And all to celebrate Lani's birthday, of all things. I'm really glad you love her, JJ. Who is she again?

And then if there's still time, maybe someone can explain to me how two off-duty cops who just attended a birthday party and had sex would be notified to check out a break-in at some facility no one's ever heard of where no one even saw anything taking place because Theo barely had time to open the freaking door with his Wal-Mart price scanner.

We probably won't get around to discussing why JJ was running around with his gun drawn when Theo's weapon was barely visible and he hadn't actually done anything threatening. I thought this was supposed to be some kind of story about racial bias within the police community. Ron obviously put Theo in a hoodie to mimic the shootings we've seen take place against young black men. But it wasn't even clear that JJ could see Theo was black, and since JJ has a black girlfriend and has never appeared racist for even a split second I just don't see where any of this is going. Maybe next we can have a story about an old, rich, powerful white producer pleasuring himself in front of a frightened young Claire only for us to discover the man's actually blind and wasn't aware Claire was in the room at all. That'll be topical right?

Maybe I can help Kate and Chad figure out who might be behind this attempted takeover of Stefano DiMera's company. Hmmm. Let's see. It's someone who isn't in charge of the company but has reason to be upset about it. It's someone who would be able to anticipate Kate's decisions. It's someone who would be interested in these people's lives. Who would be the most likely candidate to be trying to sabotage and or take over Stefano DiMera's company? Hmmmm. Gosh, if only there was a portrait hanging somewhere that could offer us a clue because I really can't think of anyone out there in the world who would be fixated on that.

Did we at least get a scene explaining when Sami decided to dig up Will's grave? I tuned in a few minutes late and it suddenly seems like a plot point that was hashed out over several episodes was overturned in the blink of an eye, well after it would have made sense to actually do it.

I can't wait to tune in on Monday to see if Freddie Smith makes a compelling acting choice. Quick JJ - there's a break-in happening in a Memphis bar and the perp has the bartender cornered!! Fire, fire!

(He'd probably be able to get there just as quickly as he raced through the streets of Salem, all two of them.)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did we at least get a scene explaining when Sami decided to dig up Will's grave? I tuned in a few minutes late and it suddenly seems like a plot point that was hashed out over several episodes was overturned in the blink of an eye, well after it would have made sense to actually do it.

I actually saw this scene - it was yesterday.  She asked Rafe to do it, saying she opposed it before but now that she believes Will is still alive, she wants it dug up.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

We probably won't get around to discussing why JJ was running around with his gun drawn when Theo's weapon was barely visible and he hadn't actually done anything threatening. I thought this was supposed to be some kind of story about racial bias within the police community. Ron obviously put Theo in a hoodie to mimic the shootings we've seen take place against young black men. But it wasn't even clear that JJ could see Theo was black, and since JJ has a black girlfriend and has never appeared racist for even a split second I just don't see where any of this is going. Maybe next we can have a story about an old, rich, powerful white producer pleasuring himself in front of a frightened young Claire only for us to discover the man's actually blind and wasn't aware Claire was in the room at all. That'll be topical right?

Just because you like to sleep with Black  does not mean you actually like or respect Black.  A few years ago, a White officer tackled a 13 year old Black girl in the classroom. He had a Black fiancée, but, that did not factor at all in how he treated her in such a vicious manner.   Black women on plantations were raped by White men and love had nothing to do with it. Quite the opposite, actually.. I am not saying that JJ is racist.  This is supposed to be a story about implicit bias...I don't trust Ron with this type of issue at all.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Apparently it happened to Galen in real life, they didn't explain it, somebody asked about it and he just brushed it off.

Oh, interesting, thanks.  I know he's an avid snowboarder and outdoorsman, maybe he had an accident.

• Love 2