Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, that's either something I missed or something the show hasn't told us yet...that woman at her door got something from Summer. But what?

I guess I've been seeing things, but I would swear that I saw Summer on the plane with a baby carrier.  Did I hallucinate that?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, apbr said:

I guess I've been seeing things, but I would swear that I saw Summer on the plane with a baby carrier.  Did I hallucinate that?

There was a baby crying beside her, but it wasn't clear if she was with the baby, or just sitting next to it, but they wanted us to think they were together.

• Love 2

Does Nicole work at TDB?

Marlena's advice to Kate seemed way off base. Not feeling worthy of good man may be a partial explanation for why she goes after dirtbags, but I think the main reason is because she's a dirtbag herself and would be bored with a decent man who isn't a criminal. Also, since when is Kate too broke to pay Andre? She had her own money before she met Deimos.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Having an entire episode centered on or revolving around one character is tricky.  Who the hell thought it was a good idea to do this with the character of Rafe?

I would love for Theresa to get to tell Victor off, and call him out for all his criminal behavior, but that isn't usually the way these things go.

Brady is an idiotic abusive jerk, and Maggie is a self-righteous judgmental hypocrite, so if they cut Victor out of their lives (which will probably only last for two seconds - the amount of time it takes for Brady to do something stupid, and for Maggie to figure out no one else wants to put up with her weird hair), it's still no great loss on Victor's part.

I doubt the writers have even thought about it.

I think it is sad how the show has made Victor so horrid and one dimensional..He was such a complicated character back in the day, even at his worst, he always showed his humanity, for example, he let Bo think that he was sterile, so that he could have papa Shawn back as his dad;to alleviate his suffering of not being a biological Brady..Victor's introduction to the show was one of the best ever in the show, it tied in so many characters on the show, especially Rojohn....The Miami storyline was such a great storyline that featured Kim and Shane and Victor. In the past, characters had so much more depth to them because stories were planned with care and made sense..One storyline would lead to another and another seamlessly...Friendships, sibling relationships were given as much weight in many ways, for developing characters, as did romantic pairings. It is why Justin was brought into the show to add layers to Victor's characterization...Now he is a just a vile, grumpy old man..It is truly sad..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Today was pretty good, though constantly making Theresa the punching bag for Brady and his he-man hero-wannabe gang is getting old.  Perhaps if Brady had listened to Theresa about Summer a long time ago, this never would have happened.

It is refreshing to see Nicole torn between two gorgeous men instead of having to beg for the crumbs of attention from Dr. Tan.  However, AZ should never wear her hair like that again.

LeftPhalange, your analysis of Kate is spot on.  I love the character, but she is indeed a dirt bag.  She wouldn't be happy with non-sociopath.  It's too bad the writers don't tie in her spiraling with the death of her beloved grandson.  Both her and Marlena have apparently forgotten all about Will.   Still, I enjoyed their scenes and don't understand why Days doesn't have DH and LK share screen time more often.  Those two are so good together, and their characters encapsulate everything that soaps should be about - complicated relationships between interesting but flawed people.  It's so simple and yet today's show runners just don't get it.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Today was pretty good, though constantly making Theresa the punching bag for Brady and his he-man hero-wannabe gang is getting old.  Perhaps if Brady had listened to Theresa about Summer a long time ago, this never would have happened.

It is refreshing to see Nicole torn between two gorgeous men instead of having to beg for the crumbs of attention from Dr. Tan.  However, AZ should never wear her hair like that again.

LeftPhalange, your analysis of Kate is spot on.  I love the character, but she is indeed a dirt bag.  She wouldn't be happy with non-sociopath.  It's too bad the writers don't tie in her spiraling with the death of her beloved grandson.  Both her and Marlena have apparently forgotten all about Will.   Still, I enjoyed their scenes and don't understand why Days doesn't have DH and LK share screen time more often.  Those two are so good together, and their characters encapsulate everything that soaps should be about - complicated relationships between interesting but flawed people.  It's so simple and yet today's show runners just don't get it.

Kate adored Will more than her own children in some ways...Kate was at her best with Victor...I loved her back then...She was a complex person in the past and was always manipulative and obsessed with power and money..It was one of the reasons, that she aligned herself with Victor and used his longing for a family by having Philip, to cement her place in the Kiriakis dynasty...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Why are Belle and Shawn talking about Claire having been taken, but don't mention that it was Victor who took her?

What has happened to DJ Wear?  Did it just get taken over by Kate, and then by Deimos? If so, what is Nicole doing for a living?

Chloe and Philip walking arm in arm?  What is that all about?

Kate and Marlena's conversation was really well done.

Is this show turning into the Pop Up Andre show?

Maybe Dario could hook up with Kate and leave Nicole alone.

Theresa needs to tell Brady to fuck off.

Well, the local station decided to cover a fire so we didn't get the last ten minutes.  Anything interesting happen?

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Does Nicole work at TDB?

Marlena's advice to Kate seemed way off base. Not feeling worthy of good man may be a partial explanation for why she goes after dirtbags, but I think the main reason is because she's a dirtbag herself and would be bored with a decent man who isn't a criminal. Also, since when is Kate too broke to pay Andre? She had her own money before she met Deimos.

I love when the writers remember that Kate and Marlena have known each other since they were young.  I think at her core Marlena has always wanted to remember Kate as her long suffering old friend, while Kate I find always appreciates that Marlena remembers her in a different way than most people of Salem know her.

I think there is a lot of truth to what Marlena has said.  Don't get me wrong Kate is a sociopath, but she has a very strong history of being abused by men, whether physically (Curtis) or mentally (Bill). Her early marriages to Victor and Roman were probably her best relationships.  She now only prioritizes money and power over love, but it wasn't always that way.

Wanted to add that Kate's last real "loving relationship" was probably her relationship with John.  I would say that she cared deeply and may have loved Stefano but that relationship was always off center in some ways.  John was probably the last man she dated, fell in love with, and planned to marry.  Her and John's goodbye scene when they decided to end things and go back to Roman and Marlena is one of my favorites.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 4

So none of the 4 stooges could quickly pull Theresa aside and tell her why she needed to be quiet for a second?   Sparkle was glued to his seat, Jawn must have been stifling a fart, Brady'd gotten his dick caught in his zipper so what was Steve's excuse?  Instead they just stare at her without saying SHIT until it's too late?  Assholes one and all.

LIked Kate and Marlena.  If only that was enough.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, boes said:

So none of the 4 stooges could quickly pull Theresa aside and tell her why she needed to be quiet for a second?

I know this is highly unpopular here, but John gets a pass from me. If he decided to make Theresa squirm for eternity, awesome, since she bashed his head in and tried to kill him.

Still, objectively, yeah. John could have done so if just for the sake of his grandkid. But eh.

• Love 4
(edited)

There really aren't many available men in Salem - and what is currently there is very limited and not many women's first choice. Perhaps one will drop from the sky and land on Kate. Marlena's advice was correct, to a point, but unless someone decent is written in/moves to Salem, Kate is outta luck. So, for now, it is money and power.

Chloe and Phillip looked uncomfortable together.

Brady could have taken Theresa outside the PI office, filled her in, listened to what she had to say, instead of trying to be a 'hero',  and the 'source' may not have vanished. It does seem really odd that no one has asked for ransom. With it being summertime and the park busy with people, surely someone saw something. With a lot of places having some sort of security camera set-up, there might be some footage around.

Edited by Frozendiva
grammar
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I love when the writers remember that Kate and Marlena have known each other since they were young.  I think at her core Marlena has always wanted to remember Kate as her long suffering old friend, while Kate I find always appreciates that Marlena remembers her in a different way than most people of Salem know her.

I think there is a lot of truth to what Marlena has said.  Don't get me wrong Kate is a sociopath, but she has a very strong history of being abused by men, whether physically (Curtis) or mentally (Bill). Her early marriages to Victor and Roman were probably her best relationships.  She now only prioritizes money and power over love, but it wasn't always that way.

Wanted to add that Kate's last real "loving relationship" was probably her relationship with John.  I would say that she cared deeply and may have loved Stefano but that relationship was always off center in some ways.  John was probably the last man she dated, fell in love with, and planned to marry.  Her and John's goodbye scene when they decided to end things and go back to Roman and Marlena is one of my favorites.

Kate was never a sociopath in her original incarnation...She was mysterious, shady, shrewd, manipulative, but had a big heart. She adored Lucas above all things and loved Victor like crazy..Sociopaths are incapable of feeling emotions..It is probably why I have always had  a hard time connecting to this version of Kate...I remember Kate feeling extreme shame about her affair with Bill and what that did to his wife Laura and Jennifer as a family...My only beef with Kate in the past was why she could not see that Vivian was a snake trying to destroy her relationship with Victor..It was lazy writing..James E. Reilly always made people stupid, so that the villains can win.. He did that with Austin and Carrie, in regards to Sami...John and Marlena, in regards  to Kristen..Bo and Hope in regards to Billie....Jack and Jennifer, in regards to Peter...Not to mention Stefano, who was able to establish roots in a town where he lived unmolested, with the people that he victimized over the years.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kate was never a sociopath in her original incarnation...She was mysterious, shady, shrewd, manipulative, but had a big heart. She adored Lucas above all things and loved Victor like crazy..Sociopaths are incapable of feeling emotions..It is probably why I have always had  a hard time connecting to this version of Kate...I remember Kate feeling extreme shame about her affair with Bill and what that did to his wife Laura and Jennifer as a family...My only beef with Kate in the past was why she could not see that Vivian was a snake trying to destroy her relationship with Victor..It was lazy writing..James E. Reilly always made people stupid, so that the villains can win.. He did that with Austin and Carrie, in regards to Sami...John and Marlena, in regards  to Kristen..Bo and Hope in regards to Billie....Jack and Jennifer, in regards to Peter...Not to mention Stefano, who was able to establish roots in a town where he lived unmolested, with the people that he victimized over the years.. 

My apologies, psychopath is probably a more apt term?  Honestly you can probably say that about any character on Days.  No one on canvas who was around twenty years ago is written the same.  I would probably still say that Kate has a big heart, her relationships with Chad, Theo, and Sonny I think exemplified that.  For me it's an overall writing issue. 

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

My apologies, psychopath is probably a more apt term?  Honestly you can probably say that about any character on Days.  No one on canvas who was around twenty years ago is written the same.  I would probably still say that Kate has a big heart, her relationships with Chad, Theo, and Sonny I think exemplified that.  For me it's an overall writing issue. 

You are right characters don't stay the same over the years, but, there has to be consistency to who they are as a person. Bo has gone through horrific writing during the James E. Reilly era and beyond, but, he always remained a heroic character. Bo never became a villain. Hope is another issue altogether...Kate went from being an anti-heroine to straight up villainess over the years. Now she is the whore of Salem... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I find Kate to be more of a "grey" character.  I have found her to always be a grey character.  I agree that the writing for her lately has been atrocious just like the writing for Jennifer, Victor, Daniel, Nicole, Lucas, Adrian, Will, Abigail, etc. There are times when Kate is more of a "good person".  Hell, I would say that she was an angel when she was with Roman and John comparatively.  She was much more villainous with Stefano.  I found her the most even keeled when she was with Victor, but that was also when Victor was a complicated character instead of the caricature he is now. 

Agree to disagree.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It's too bad the writers don't tie in [Kate's] spiraling with the death of her beloved grandson. Both her and Marlena have apparently forgotten all about Will. Still, I enjoyed their scenes and don't understand why Days doesn't have DH and LK share screen time more often. Those two are so good together, and their characters encapsulate everything that soaps should be about - complicated relationships between interesting but flawed people. It's so simple and yet today's show runners just don't get it.

Campy bullshit's easier to write, for one thing, like the forty-leventh return of Krazy Kristen from Krispy-Kreme Hell. Writing with the history of these characters in mind, and building on that history in consistent ways, is too much work.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I find Kate to be more of a "grey" character.  I have found her to always be a grey character.  I agree that the writing for her lately has been atrocious just like the writing for Jennifer, Victor, Daniel, Nicole, Lucas, Adrian, Will, Abigail, etc. There are times when Kate is more of a "good person".  Hell, I would say that she was an angel when she was with Roman and John comparatively.  She was much more villainous with Stefano.  I found her the most even keeled when she was with Victor, but that was also when Victor was a complicated character instead of the caricature he is now. 

Agree to disagree.

I agree with you...lol..Anti-heroes are grey characters...They are needed on a soap because they bridge the gap between the heroes and the villains..Alex Marshall was a great antihero back in the day..He was capable of doing awful things, but, he was capable of doing good as well....I think Alex would be a good partner for Kate..He was once married to Emma Donovan who terrorized Kim and Shane. He was also with Anjelica Devereaux who used to mess with Justin and Adrienne...She gave birth to Justin's first son Alex....I would love to see Anjelica back in town causing mayhem again....She was the Kate Roberts back in the day...Plus, she adored Jack...That is always a plus in my book...

(edited)
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think Kate i a very hard grey character who isn't afraid to cross over into sociopath behavior. 

Just like Anjelica Devereaux as played by Jane Elliot from General Hospital..She was a badass bitch....I just saw a scene not too long ago, where Anjelica confronted Harlan about his poisoning of Kayla and keeping her from having her dream of having her own child...Harlan was sterile and made her think that she was the sterile one...He adopted Jack with his first wife and he thought that Kayla had found the documents proving that...It was really Melissa who knew and not poor Kayla....

Edited by Apprentice79

All the characters used to have more layers because they had better writing.  Now SLs are plot driven instead of character driven, so the writers don't pay attention to the characters traits (even personality traits that they had for years), the writers just have the characters do whatever to move the SL from A to Z.  The amount of stupid the writers have the characters engage in to accomplish some of these SLs is just ridiculous.

• Love 4

I'm still having issues with Theresa not getting eternal hate from Marlena, who spent how many months by John's bedside after the fireplace poker incident?

I'm glad they pulled a 180 with Theresa, don't get me wrong, but the stench of the bad writing still lingers...

• Love 4

I kind of want Theresa to not be forgiving of Brady when all is said and done.  That maybe this was all a plot of Victor hiring Summer to steal Tate and she hired someone else to do it with some of the money Victor gave her.  That would be a double whammy:  Tate stolen by Brady's hateful grandfather and the woman Brady brought to town against Theresa's wishes.  Also one of these people drugged recovering addict Theresa in the process, both affecting her alertness and jeopardizing her recovery.

Brady is being kind of a jerk through this too, he kind of is one anyway.  he might love Theresa, but I often feel he doesn't respect her.  I would love to see Theresa have enough and take Tate out of town and go back to live near Kim and Shane.  It would get tate away from nasty Victor and she could get a fresh start away from Brady.  Let him miss what he had and long for her for a change.

• Love 6

Theresa breaking up with Brady is one thing but I don't see why she should get to take Tate away from his father just to spite him. If she wants to keep Prictor away from Tate she can just get a custody agreement with Brady that will prevent him from letting Tate get near him [Prictor]. 

• Love 5

I'm just saying, if she left town, she would probably want him with her.  Not sue for sole custody, but she is clearly stressing out bigtime without him so I can't imagine her wanting to leave town without him.  Especially if he is left in the same town with Victor and he had anything to do with it. 

If she is hurt by Brady enough, she may just want to get away from him so she doesn't have to see him all the time.  She and Brady can have joint custody, kind of like how Chloe and Daniel had with Parker.

• Love 2

Gabi had to tell Adriana that Hope is a better woman than the other women Rafe has been with.  Does Adriana not know about Sami?

Gabi just scarfing down lunch without reading the room was funny.

I really like Jonathon McClendon.

Er, no, Adriana, Bo was Hope's second husband.  And Aiden is her fourth.  Larry Welch and John Black were shoehorned in there.

Now they've decided to go full-on crazy with Aiden, huh? Wally Kurth tweeted something about missing not working with Daniel Cosgrove any more.  I don't know if that means Daniel Cosgrove is gone, or just that Wally hasn't had any scenes with him.

What did the note that Eduardo found say?  It went away too quickly for me to run up to the screen and read it. Hey, Show, this might be news to you, but we don't all have 60 inch HD screen TVs.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Gabi had to tell Adriana that Hope is a better woman than the other women Rafe has been with.  Does Adriana not know about Sami?

Gabi just scarfing down lunch without reading the room was funny.

I really like Jonathon McClendon.

Er, no, Adriana, Bo was Hope's second husband.  And Aiden is her fourth.  Larry Welch and John Black were shoehorned in there.

Now they've decided to go full-on crazy with Aiden, huh? Wally Kurth tweeted something about missing not working with Daniel Cosgrove any more.  I don't know if that means Daniel Cosgrove is gone, or just that Wally hasn't had any scenes with him.

What did the note that Eduardo found say?  It went away too quickly for me to run up to the screen and read it. Hey, Show, this might be news to you, but we don't all have 60 inch HD screen TVs.

Ironically Hope is the huge outlier and anomaly in Rafe's love interests.  Seriously has anyone pointed out that despite Rafe's holier than thou persona he finds himself involved and attracted to "grey and complicated" women.  Sami and Kate speak for themselves, his friendship with Nicole when she wasn't so well liked.  As much as he liked Jordan, she was a mid level con artist who he cheated on to be with Kate.  You would think that he would do some introspection and realize he actually has more attraction to bad girls/ complicated women than he would like to admit.

• Love 5
On 2016-07-17 at 8:49 PM, bannana said:

Also, it was like  two days passed in Jen's world because she and Julie and Doug all were wearing different outfits.

Don't forget that any time a cruise ship anywhere in the world crosses the International Date Line, Julie gets an urge to change into a different outfit. She can feel it!

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked Eduardo telling Adriana to butt out of her son's life and let him do what *he* wants to do. Jenn, where are you and why did you not overhear this? The former helicopter parent is now the drone parent.

Ouch for Blanca, to overhear point-blank that Rafe has no interest in her. Give him credit for being honest. I still don't know much about you, except that you have some very short outfits for when you are not at your dayjob as a nurse.

I wish I had a devil-Diva chatting with me sometimes, like Aiden's smarmy alter ego. Chase, at least Ciara told you the truth.

Edited by Frozendiva
typo
  • Love 2

II realize this is just one part of an amazingly f***ed-up puzzle, but Chase and Ciara don't act like two people who were ever siblings at any point. I thought at first that it was just that we had two new actors to adjust to, but ever since the rape happened they don't seem to have any shared history. Aren't survivors of this kind of thing typically wrecked with guilt and frustration over the bond they can't help but still have with their sibling? There is none of that here. She might as well have just been assaulted by some random casual friend and not the guy she had spent presumably the previous decade growing up with.

Mind you, I still wouldn't have liked the story even if they had written to the sibling thing, but at least there would have been a new angle in what is otherwise a very familiar tale.

• Love 4

Let's see if I have this right.  They brought Aiden back to do the EXACT same SL with Hope again?  Not only the same SL, but the same SL they did just a few months ago?  Does this mean both Aiden and Rafe will die like Aiden and Bo died?  I know no one has actually been steering the ship in years, it's wondered all over the place, and sank several times, but do none of TIIC even notice that the repetitive SLs on this show have gotten THIS repetitive?

Wow, Gabi, nice of you to throw Sami and Kate under the bus.  I realize Sami and Kate aren't good, but Gabi murdered Nick, Hope killed Stefano, and Rafe has participated in and covered up numerous crimes so glass houses and all that.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Let's see if I have this right.  They brought Aiden back to do the EXACT same SL with Hope again?  Not only the same SL, but the same SL they did just a few months ago?  Does this mean both Aiden and Rafe will die like Aiden and Bo died?  I know no one has actually been steering the ship in years, it's wondered all over the place, and sank several times, but do none of TIIC even notice that the repetitive SLs on this show have gotten THIS repetitive?

Wow, Gabi, nice of you to throw Sami and Kate under the bus.  I realize Sami and Kate aren't good, but Gabi murdered Nick, Hope killed Stefano, and Rafe has participated in and covered up numerous crimes so glass houses and all that.

Gabi had alot of nerve yesterday, she coldly and methodically planned and killed Nick with no remorse...Yet, like Hope, she is considered a heroine..The show no longer has a line differentiating those who are protagonists and antagonists..Everybody is amoral....Rafe has always been a sanctimonious hypocrite..As much as I loathed EJ, I wanted him to crush Rafe like a bug....I can see why Dena likes this character so much, he is just as vapid and inconsequential as she is...God help us all, Dena is now the captain of the ship, when it comes to the show...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Adriana goes on and on AND ON about how Hope isn't a good woman and I'm like do you even know how many crimes Rafe has committed or covered up? I guess she doesn't know that every woman he's been involved with while in Salem is shady.

Chloe is supposed to be a world famous opera singer, why doesn't she already have a record deal?

Someone needs to force Claire and Ciara to read a couple dozen articles about how most jobs that pay more than $10 an hour require some sort of degree. Talking about not wanting to go to college in 2016 is ridiculous for most people. They should be happy that they have families who can pay their tuition without them having to take out huge loans. 

• Love 6
(edited)

If I ever meet the people who make the promos for this show, I'm gonna smack 'em a good one.

Sonny shows up....in the last ten seconds of the show. Not even a "Hi dad" or a "Hi Uncle Vic". Bastards made me watch the whole damn show today. I should've know better.

But it was nice to see Freddie again.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Adriana goes on and on AND ON about how Hope isn't a good woman and I'm like do you even know how many crimes Rafe has committed or covered up? I guess she doesn't know that every woman he's been involved with while in Salem is shady.

Chloe is supposed to be a world famous opera singer, why doesn't she already have a record deal?

Someone needs to force Claire and Ciara to read a couple dozen articles about how most jobs that pay more than $10 an hour require some sort of degree. Talking about not wanting to go to college in 2016 is ridiculous for most people. They should be happy that they have families who can pay their tuition without them having to take out huge loans. 

The ep is just on now and I will not watch til this evening.

in Salem-land, it seems like a lot of folks do not have much education, but still manage to run national or multinational corporations. Sure, talent and natural ability counts, but most of these soap people would realistically be facing low-end jobs. Victor would be hiring folks with MBAs to run his company. Maybe Claire and Ciara plan to marry young, rich heirs, or Claire will become the next big singing star and make millions. Til the marriage falls apart and they get to then manage the local paper, etc. I understand a gap year to figure out if college is for you and to figure out what you want to do, but most folks need some sort of education to get any sort of decent job.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Gabi had alot of nerve yesterday, she coldly and methodically planned and killed Nick with no remorse...Yet, like Hope, she is considered a heroine..The show no longer has a line differentiating those who are protagonists and antagonists..Everybody is amoral....Rafe has always been a sanctimonious hypocrite..As much as I loathed EJ, I wanted him to crush Rafe like a bug....I can see why Dena likes this character so much, he is just as vapid and inconsequential as she is...God help us all, Dena is now the captain of the ship, when it comes to the show...

You think that she would have more "sympathy" or commonality with Sami and Kate after what all three did to Nick.  Then her eventual murder of Nick you would think she would ABSOLUTELY see how Sami and Kate can do the things they do.  Talk about hypocritical.

• Love 2

I'm not sure I like mellow Chloe.  :)

Give it up, Dario, she's just not into you.

Claire, you're a moron. And maybe, instead of whining about how Philip isn't paying enough attention to you, you go over and talk to him.

What was the point of a scene with Ciara just flashing back with no other actions in the scene?

What a surprise, Philip is being a dick.

Ooh, Deimos found Nicole's weak spot.  Tell her he isn't interested in her.

Doctor Hoffman?  Damn, I was disappointed, I hoped it would be Doctor Julia Hoffman.  :)

Damn, Theo, just invite yourself in.  Of course, he doesn't understand social cues.

• Love 2

Claire, maybe you need a reality check about making it in the music business. There are thousands of young men and women also trying to make it. It is tough and you need to play - a lot. And work at crap venues for quite some time. Some musicians have also gone to college. It is a good Plan B.

i am surprised that Chloe does not seem to have many recording credits. She is in a slightly better boat than Claire, but not by much.

I also wondered if Blanca has the right nursing license for working in Salem. Hopefully, she has taken the US test for international folks with nursing backgrounds. Maybe it does not matter in Salem.

Dario, try Blanca. Nicky is not interested. Duuno if I buy the reformed Deimos.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The ep is just on now and I will not watch til this evening.

in Salem-land, it seems like a lot of folks do not have much education, but still manage to run national or multinational corporations. Sure, talent and natural ability counts, but most of these soap people would realistically be facing low-end jobs. Victor would be hiring folks with MBAs to run his company. Maybe Claire and Ciara plan to marry young, rich heirs, or Claire will become the next big singing star and make millions. Til the marriage falls apart and they get to then manage the local paper, etc. I understand a gap year to figure out if college is for you and to figure out what you want to do, but most folks need some sort of education to get any sort of decent job.

I started watching this show when Sami was the teenaged mom/drop-out/clashing with Kate over the control of Titan. Of course, with me being 12, Sami didn't look ridiculously young back then so I didn't question it. LOL.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Um...didn't Fynn tell Kayla two months ago that he was backing off because he realized she was meant to be with Steve? And didn't she and Steve get back together right after that? What's going on here?

Last I saw of Steve and Kayla was when they brought their moronic son home after he got shot. Kayla told Steve she wasn't ready to get back together with him and dimwit threw a hissy fit as if he were experiencing his terrible twos because Kayla is a bad mommy for not taking Steve back, and it's all her flat he turned to his ratchet girlfriend, and on and on and on.

• Love 3

It seems that Deimos is the new Daniel....All the women want him, First Kate, then Chloe and Nicole....Ericole could have been so good, I loved their slow build during their time at the rectory....It reminded me on  how Days used to build their couples in the past...Eric killing the Tan man could have been good angst for them to overcome in their journey...I miss Eric, I know that he was not popular around here, but, I always liked him....

• Love 4
(edited)

CREEPY vibe Finn examining Kayla. Ewwwwwwww

So Joey recovered off screen.  And Jade seems to have had no character development?  I'm kind of half watching, but what the hell?

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 2

It seems that Deimos is the new Daniel

Yeah, they've kind of done an about face with this character, for no real reason. If they are intent on putting Nicodemus together-why not just let them be at least borderline bad?

• Love 1

I'm getting whiplash from the constant personality transplants they keep giving the characters.  I guess if they can't keep the character traits for the characters that have been on the show for years straight, there is no hope for any of the new ones they bring on either.

This is what they did with Aiden.  He's just a regular guy, wait his wife died mysteriously, no he's an okay guy, no he's bad, now he's dead, no it was an imposter that was bad and dead, real Aiden is alive, wait there was no imposter, Aiden is bad, etc.

• Love 6

So Sonny turns up in the last 20 seconds of Tuesday's show, looks directly into the camera and grins as if he's about to ask the audience if we missed him. I'm surprised the show didn't add a little CGI gleam to his eye.

If this kind of self-congratulatory cheesiness is how the writers intend to carry on, I'm super extra unenthusiastic about the Further Adventures of Twinkle and Sparkle.

• Love 4