Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The people on AfterBuzz Dishin Days were talking about the Summer being in love with Brady storyline, and they were saying that their ages make no sense.  Since Maggie was 17 when she gave birth to Summer, and Daniel's tombstone said he was 51 when he died, that would have to put Summer in her early to mid 50s, but she's going after Brady, who's supposed to be mid-30s (despite Eric Martsolf's real age).  Marie Wilson is 41. Suzanne Rogers is 73.

• Love 3

Also Dishin Days was talking about a plot point from Friday.  I had a doctor's appointment Friday so didn't get to see the episode.  But apparently now Shawn and Rafe both know that Aiden is the one who married Hope and he wasn't really kidnapped before the wedding night.  Based on a blood test?  Do people still have to do blood tests to get married?

• Love 1

I was curious about that as well.  From what I understood and I could be wrong, couples do/used to get blood tests to rule out genetic probabilities of being related under the theory that they would have children one day.  Mark from Dishin Days was saying he and his husband didn't have to get one but I wasn't sure if that was because they were two men and that was something that would be omitted when gay couples wed or if it was something that was abolished for all couples?

55 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

The people on AfterBuzz Dishin Days were talking about the Summer being in love with Brady storyline, and they were saying that their ages make no sense.  Since Maggie was 17 when she gave birth to Summer, and Daniel's tombstone said he was 51 when he died, that would have to put Summer in her early to mid 50s, but she's going after Brady, who's supposed to be mid-30s (despite Eric Martsolf's real age).  Marie Wilson is 41. Suzanne Rogers is 73.

This Summer storyline hasn't made any sense from the beginning, despite the writers change.  I don't understand why they just didn't bring in Marie Wilson as Sarah Horton. Sarah has been gone long enough that it would be plausible to change the character personality wise to fit wherever they wanted to go with the story.  Just like they did with Eve.  They didn't need to invent a whole new non-plausible child for Maggie.  Marie Wilson is a good actress but the idea that she is playing a 56 year old woman is just absurd. 

For the life of me I don't understand why Days refuses to play on the rich history of the show.  It's like they wanted to swap out one "missing" child for the other when it came to Maggie, instead of using the actual children we have seen on the show.  Sarah could of easily came back to Salem as a con artist/troublemaker and caused issues for Maggie if that is where they were going.  No need to invent a new kid. 

They could of even came up with a storyline of Daniel helping Sarah out of trouble before he died, because she was afraid to ask Maggie for help, etc.

• Love 6

This Summer story-line has been a mess since it started. The ages are all wrong, as everyone has already noted. And Marie Wilson has never played Summer as a street-wise con, but as a weak, emotional woman who has spent her life looking for her mother. And once she found her, seemed to really bond with her. And Maggie with her.

So now they will just tear Maggie's long-forgotten, never-before-mentioned daughter away from her to likely never be mentioned again.  What a waste of time for all concerned, viewers included. 

• Love 8

Today's episode was pretty intense--JL's anguish over Tate's getting kidnapped was wonderfully done and I appreciate that Brady was solidly in her corner, especially when Shawn started questioning her drug history.  I liked that Marlena talked quietly to her in the hospital, giving Theresa good advice and listening to her freak out.

And are we supposed to be cheering Victor on when he's being mean to an obviously distraught woman?

• Love 6
(edited)

Not a JL fan usually but today she did very well especially in her scenes with DH. 

It must be a glitch because I posted this once and it came up 4 times. We need a delete function for posts!

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

I'm ready for Prictor to go. I hate him.

Not that I'm defending Abifail AT ALL, but Ciara's fake outrage over Failure abandoning Chad and plot point baby was ridiculous. She does know that Failure was in a mental institution for having conversations with herself and because she almost burned a man alive, right? It's not like Failure took off because she just decided she didn't want to deal with Chad and the baby anymore, she's CLEARLY got multiple screws loose. I doubt Ciara sincerely cares about Chad and the baby's well being, she just wants to hop her barely legal ass into his bed. STFU. Apparently putting her in scenes with Theo is the only thing that made her tolerable to me. 

I fail to see how making Chad think that rodent he married is dead will help Adnre. 

• Love 9

I thought today was pretty good episode I seen in awhile. 

Minus the obvious Ciara propping at The Dimeras mansion with Chad and her cousins and those bland scenes she had with Claire - I liked mostly everything. 

The family interactions were way better that I've seen in several months and there were fairly balanced scenes.  Jen Lilley really did well - VJ could learn a thing or two about having versatility and range observing her.  

My fav line of the day was "If you want to go after a rich baby take Thomas" Slay me Theresa.   You couldn't be more correct. 
 ???

Ooo but I was here for Jennifer putting CiError in her place trying to tell her to take care of grandson.  Im here for the Ciara shade from cousin Jennifer until the show works up enough balls to recast this robotic actress. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Jeez, why won't Show tell us why Andre wants Abigail away from Chad?

JL is killing it.

Claire has Ciara's number.

Jeebus, Victor, way to make things worse.

Did Shawn say what drugs were in Theresa's system?

Ouch, Jen throwing shade at Ciara!

"She wasn't very bright."  I'm glad to see at least somebody doesn't have a high opinion of Abigail.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

Abigail isn't even here and half the show is still about her.  SICK OF IT.

Also, I'd have been a-ok with Theresa stabbing Victor in the neck and throwing him in the river.  It makes no sense that he's allowed to verbally abuse people left and right and no one gets to call him on any of his criminal and morally reprehensible behavior.

I'm curious if Tate's kidnapping was written

Spoiler

before or after Jen Lilley announced her departure?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I was curious about that as well.  From what I understood and I could be wrong, couples do/used to get blood tests to rule out genetic probabilities of being related under the theory that they would have children one day.  Mark from Dishin Days was saying he and his husband didn't have to get one but I wasn't sure if that was because they were two men and that was something that would be omitted when gay couples wed or if it was something that was abolished for all couples?

When I was married in 1987, one of the reasons they gave us for requiring blood tests was to make sure we had either had or been inoculated against German measles, which can be deadly.  I don't know if the Deputy County Clerk knew what she was talking about or not, but figured it couldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Abigail isn't even here and half the show is still about her.  SICK OF IT.

Also, I'd have been a-ok with Theresa stabbing Victor in the neck and throwing him in the river.  It makes no sense that he's allowed to verbally abuse people left and right and no one gets to call him on any of his criminal and morally reprehensible behavior.

I'm curious if Tate's kidnapping was written

Reveal hidden contents

before or after Jen Lilley announced her departure?

The only thing that redeemed the "All About Abigail" segments today was Andre reflecting that she wasn't very bright.  

If Andre can't get Chad to believe she went down on the plane, how about she drowned mounting some guy in a shower?  THAT scenario makes perfect sense.  

Jen Lilley was incredible, just incredible, from start to finish.  The pain, the panic, is all raw and immediate, and the overlay of the "nice" Theresa is stripped away to the basics with this crisis.  I don't mean to say she's not being appropriate but she's not got time to play nice or try to impress or make people like her.  Her kid has been kidnapped and it's all about that.  She's doing a fantastic job.

And Brady, much to my surprise is being supportive and adult.  I hope it lasts.  I enjoyed Shawn giving Victor the stink eye and then remembered Victor is his grandfather too.  I don't think Shawn is too impressed by him.

And yeah, Victor can choke on his own tongue any day now.

Ciara is too untalented and far too young for this storyline, fail on all counts.  She learns her lines but she hasn't a clue how to actually act what's written.  She'd have been bounced off a high school sound set so why she's still on this one is hard to understand.

Notice how Marlena neglected to tell Theresa exactly WHO snatched Belle from her crib?

I can't help but wish Sami had made a successful sale that time........

• Love 12

Ciara would have been better off going to Europe and visiting some relative over the summer, or working at some kids' camp. Claire is pretty shrewd. Chad is vulnerable and has a lot going on. He's unlikely to take comfort in his nanny, at least right now. Ciara has mistaken kindness and compassion for affection.

I don't think Shawn mentioned what sort of drug was in Theresa's drink. That still would be a very fast toxicology investigation, unless the police were looking for certain sorts of drugs.

I liked seeing Marlena do her actual job.

Yes, Abigail, you are not too bright. Escaping a mental hospital with no plan, no money, nowhere to go.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, boes said:

If Andre can't get Chad to believe she went down on the plane, how about she drowned mounting some guy in a shower?  THAT scenario makes perfect sense.  

Notice how Marlena neglected to tell Theresa exactly WHO snatched Belle from her crib?

I can't help but wish Sami had made a successful sale that time........

There just doesn't seem to be much purpose for Tate to be snatched. At least Sami had an idea.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not watching...what's up with Tate being missing? Are he and Summer completely AWOL, like Failure?

Is Jen getting to play levels other than shrill bitch or apologetic doormat? Love her but that's often all she gets....

Edited by DisneyBoy
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm not watching...what's up with Tate being missing? Are he and Summer AWOL?

Is Jen getting to play levels other than shrill bitch or apologetic doormat? Love her but that's often all she gets....

Summer snatched Tate, and apparently Theresa was drugged in the process and Shawn is trying to blame her for the baby being kidnapped.  Then Summer took off on a plane, we don't know where.

Jen told Ciara that she shouldn't be taking care of Thomas because she, Jen, knows more about babies than she does.

• Love 3

Jen needs to get knocked on her ass, repeatedly. A shame Eric didn't stick around to get her all down in the gutter and hopefully make her more self-aware.

Poor Theresa - any word of when the DJ Wear launch is happening?

• Love 4

Jen has raised two fine, upstanding, perfect children.  Her husband had been killed a few times, she hooked up with scruffy the Tan Man, has been battling her own addictions. Dirty pot needs to meet clean kettle. She really has no business determining her grandchild's care other than to offer support and to help out as needed. Her adult and married daughter's husband is quite capable of making proper decisions.

Methinks she needs to revisit the old movie of 'Attack of the Dirty Diaper'.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Jen told Ciara that she shouldn't be taking care of Thomas because she, Jen, knows more about babies than she does.

Failure is crazed trash and Dan deserves far more credit than Jen for getting JJ to get his shit together, so I'm not sure what she's talking about. She needs to go to rehab outside of Salem for at least a year. 

• Love 5

Ugh, Missy Reeves....haven't you paid the devil his due yet for that indiscretion years ago? Why do you subject yourself to this shit?

Totally agree about Ciara -- I hope the showrunners see what drek this is and change courses fast.

Everything is so ugh right now.

• Love 5

You know, I keep wondering what we're actually supposed to be seeing on the show because it's diametrically  opposed to what we're being told.  We have Victor and Phillip and even John having dialog practically accusing Theresa of being a crackwhore, set on destroying Brady and Tate's lives and what we're shown is a young woman working hard to be a better person for her son and the man she's in love with.

We now have Jennifer talking about how Chad's on the edge and unstable and she's worried about Thomas but what we're shown is a man devastated by his wife's mental illness and sudden disappearance but otherwise holding it together while caring for his son.  Are we supposed to think Jenn is telling the truth because the only person she knows who is actually unstable is her little girl, WHO SET A MAN ON FIRE!!

• Love 10

Jen is the worst kind of person - sanctimonious, hypocritical, meddlesome and high-strung. Total church lady in the worst way and I hate that the show treats her as a heroine because of what was being written for her character well over a decade ago. Get YOUR shit together lady. Are you honestly no longer an alcoholic and drug addict now that your daughter is an escaped mental patient? Doubtful. At least Brady was shown going through a recovery process...

Yes, Hope, you are a moron and should have had nothing to do with Aiden the minute he came back.

"It's just dreadful and sad all-around." Yup, Doug.

• Love 11

Jennifer Horton is AWFUL.  Just an awful, manipulative shrew.   Watching her throw off Chad's logic and get down in the dirt by throwing some really unfounded accusations was just ... ugh. So unpleasant to watch.  It's hard to believe this character was ever a shero.

• Love 10

Whatever, Hope. 

Everyone on this show makes me sick. Chad has done NOTHING to deserve having custody taken away from. Chad is super bad and unfit but crackhead racoon Jen who *raised* Failure is an acceptable alternative? STFU Doug and Julie. Jen is practically irredeemable at this point and either needs to be killed off or sent out of town permanently. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I want Eve to come back for one day to rip her hair out and punch her till she stays down. Then hop on JJ for one last ride while she watches. Bonus points if Anne and Theresa shout put-downs while feeling up Chad.

Yes, I'm channeling aggression through fictional characters.

And while we're at it, let's have Taniel drag Jen into the pits of hell while Stefano waltzes out, high-fiving everyone.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

STFU Doug and Julie. Jen is practically irredeemable at this point and either needs to be killed off or sent out of town permanently. 

I agree.  She's a waste of space and has been for years.  IDGAF if she is a Holy Horton.  There are other Hortons out there, and I'd make book that they're more interesting and less hypocritical than Jennifer.  The way she casually dropped to those two flying monkeys (tm Boes) that she thought she should sue for custody, then backtracked so they'd egg her on, was pure manipulation.  HAAAATE!  I hope Chad eviscerates her, Julie and Doug. 

I'd say it was a waste of an hour to watch today even though it really wasn't since I was doing other things.  But still.  That was an hour I could have had something else on in the background. 

It isn't enough that one of these writers has been replaced.  The people that allowed this dreck to ever be filmed and aired should be replaced/bought out/whatever.  This shit is some of the worst soap I've ever watched, and I used to watch GH at the height of the Sonny/Carly/Jason era, OLTL with the Rappahorde, and AMC when Ryan Lavery ruled Pine Valley.  

• Love 4

Interesting way for Show to intermesh a flashback into Chad's dream.

Did Hope and Aiden do it?  I'm guessing not.

"You're all noble and selfless, and I'm not."  Good one, Chad. Jennifer needs to shut it.

Yeah, Jen, druggie, mother of crazy Abigail, would be a better person to raise Thomas than his father, hm?

Jeez, random lady in the Square, mind your own business.

Hope, when you're a police officer, you probably shouldn't wear a bright orange shirt that might make people think you're a prisoner.

Chad should have just told Jennifer that he would bring up her drug abuse if she takes him to court.

Damn, Hope, nice punch.

• Love 4

I really, REALLY want Andre to blow Rafe up. Fair is fair!

I just feel bad for Andre, losing his Dad like that...and then getting sent to jail for it. Andre's the hero on this show, right? 

• Love 1
On July 9, 2016 at 10:39 PM, DanaMB said:

I think that something like that will happen, too. It parallels Brady's mom dying when he was a baby.

Fuck this show if they kill Theresa. They already trashed Sami and Eric's and Will's exits.

its like the nicer and more giving to the show the actor is, the worse the regime dumps on them. They totally fuck with Kate and Nicole too. 

• Love 5

Summer being older  than Brady doesn't really bother me, because Brady/Kristin. I just think Marie W looks so harsh in this role. She looks hard, but I guess the character is supposed to look hard-she's had a hard life, etc. She isn't supposed to look "fresh faced' and youthful-it wouldn't make any sense.

Jennifer-eh. Some characters go from hateful, selfish and manipulative, to selfless and loving. She's just a case of  the opposite-which happens, too-some soap  heroines do devolve into mean, bitter shrews. Thing is-out of all the females on this show, I can see the steps that got her to where she is. I don't like the direction-but it's actually pretty realistic. Not only for daytime dramas, but real life, too. Some people bounce back from depression and rejection and loss and tragedy. Jennifer is showing us, she ain't much of a bouncer. Some people too-have to hit totally rock bottom before they start climbing back up. I used to love her-and I don't mind her being not so nice sometimes. I do mind the high and mighty shtick, though.

• Love 3

Jen, you are still an addict. Addicts use manipulation all the time. Realistically, you cannot expect folks who are over 80 years old to look after an infant. Maybe an hour or two once in a while. You cannot also look after an infant. It has been over 20 years since your kids were small. You also have a job. Maybe. You can't sue for custody and then dump the baby on to some very senior citizens. Chad should rightfully throw some mud at you. He has the resources to hire help. If he wants your help, he can ask. Ugh.

I did enjoy Hope slapping Aiden and knocking him to the ground. At least Shawn knows where Rafe went, so he is unlikely to go boom.

• Love 3

Ah another very good episode. 
So far Days is bringing it this week. 

The Jennifer and Chad scenes were really good.   Definitely fine humanized acting with raw emotions.   I get Jennifer's concern as a mother but she's a recovering addict.   What fucking judge is going to give her custody unless she uses her Horton clout and maybe the Ciara angle too.   This could get ugly but I'm liking it thusfar.   I just hate what it will do to she and Hope because they've always been close but I can see if Jennifer gets desperate enough to have Thomas she will claim Chad wants to bionk Ciara or vice versa. 

Aaah yasss honey.   Hope knocked Aiden into next year.   I was here for it.   Now the problem is here -  she's married to him.  I hope I'm wrong,  I doubt with how crazy obsessed he is for her,  he's not going to give her a divorce or annulment so easily.   He's going to use every emotional abuse trick in the book to stay married to her.   Until then though Kodak moment anyone?  ?

tumblr_oa8c6pjzNz1ujuz6xo1_500.gif

• Love 4
(edited)

So many plot points I hate on soaps are happening all at once on Days:  kidnapped babies, people chained in dungeons (or basements), someone suing someone else for custody when they don't have a leg to stand on.  Gross, just gross.

Speaking of gross:  Andre.  Such a creeper pervert watching Rafe on his little screen like that.

The second the subject of Jen and custody came up, I immediately thought "isn't she just beginning rehab for drug addiction?  That isn't going to set well in court."  Then Julie said it was "months" since she has been clean.  More like weeks?!  Though Bo's day of return lasted several days/weeks, I suppose a few short weeks would equal months on the other end of things...

Ciara is creepy.  VJ's acting reminds me too much of Kristen Stewart, which is annoying enough.  But girl doesn't even downplay her Chad-obsession to others.  Everyone sees it (except maybe Chad).  It wouldn't shock me if Ciara convinced crazy-Abby to leave when she showed up at the mansion initially.  

I also thought that maybe crazy-Abby could have taken Tate.  Especially when Brady said to Ciara and Claire that Tate has the same stroller as Thomas.  Maybe she just saw a baby in a stroller that looked like Thomas's, and took it seeing "Thomas" in the stroller.  She sees Ben everywhere, why not see another baby as her own?!

Loved it when Hope punched Aidan in the face, he deserves it.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I agree.  She's a waste of space and has been for years.  IDGAF if she is a Holy Horton.  There are other Hortons out there, and I'd make book that they're more interesting and less hypocritical than Jennifer.  The way she casually dropped to those two flying monkeys (tm Boes) that she thought she should sue for custody, then backtracked so they'd egg her on, was pure manipulation.  HAAAATE!  I hope Chad eviscerates her, Julie and Doug. 

I'd say it was a waste of an hour to watch today even though it really wasn't since I was doing other things.  But still.  That was an hour I could have had something else on in the background. 

It isn't enough that one of these writers has been replaced.  The people that allowed this dreck to ever be filmed and aired should be replaced/bought out/whatever.  This shit is some of the worst soap I've ever watched, and I used to watch GH at the height of the Sonny/Carly/Jason era, OLTL with the Rappahorde, and AMC when Ryan Lavery ruled Pine Valley.  

Ahhh, there's the hissing, spitting screeching Howler Monkey known as Jenn!  And here I'd blamed a lot of that on Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  Seems she takes to hypocrisy quite well all on her own.

It didn't take much to egg Julie and Doug on enough to get them to support her, so she can then turn around and blame them when it all goes south.  Julie hasn't had a working brain cell since the 80's and Doug has never had one, so it wasn't hard to do.  Gram would kick their collective asses and shove Dougie's ukulele up his ass if she had heard these three vipers at work.

Abby came by her horrid self quite naturally, and I hope Chad never lets his kid near any of them ever again.

Jenn deserves to marry Victor, and I want Doug and Julie to be committed to a very substandard nursing home.  

Is it any wonder that Julie's son and grandson have been MIA for 20 years?

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
(edited)

So, I just did a bit of binging to catch myself up, not that I have finished yet...

I hate to say it but I actually kind of liked the scenes between Chad and Ciara. Maybe Billy just brings out the best in his co-stars, but she seemed really connected, except for the scene where Billy started yelling and she cracked a smile. There was no excuse for that, but at least this ridiculous story about her crush might make her into a better actress...?

The windup to Tate getting kidnapped was a bit lengthy. Did we really need a whole episode of Theresa and Brady having circular conversations about Summer and Victor? I'm eager to see the kidnapping and subsequent search play out. And even though I dislike Summer intensely, at least all of the plot points in this storyline are connecting pretty well. We meet Summer and quickly find her to be unbalanced, she gets her hooks into Brady, Theresa judges her, Brady realizes Theresa is right, Summer becomes further unhinged, Victor sees an opportunity to force Theresa out of Brady's life, and Tate goes missing. it took a little while but at least all of the setup is there, including motivation for Summer to leave town after killing that guy. Here's hoping Act 2 is good and that the conclusion favors our heroine.

I think it speaks volumes about Theresa that she hasn't taken any action towards Summer, even though she has Anne at her disposal.

I am really annoyed at how sloppy the writers have been concerning the DiMera fortune, debts, properties and resources. Chad had to sell the club to cover a supposedly unpaid mortgage on the Mansion, but there was also this crappy property waiting to be sold? Hun?

JJ's anger towards Chad, however misdirected (does JJ even know his Mom is in AA?), at least stems from Chad lying about Abby burning Ben. Chad keeps things from JJ so I can understand the building resentment... Jen however is just a shrew.

Still have to watch the kidnapping of Tate and immediate aftermath...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I would hope, in Salem, that your husband trying to murder you on your wedding night is grounds for an anullment.

Considering it's Salem, they probably have some kind of half-baked "It's only grounds for anullment if your spouse tries to kill you more than once on your wedding night" law.

Shut up Jennifer.  Compared to everyone else in Salem, Chad is a saint.  Not only, is Chad tame for a Dimera, he's tame compared to most of the rest of Salem as well.

• Love 6

JL is killing these grief scenes. KM take note, if you can bear to watch.

Nice to hear Chloe singing but couldn't they find a semi-decent song?

Martha's Belle...is terrible at showing sympathy. I like her in some scenes but here, consoling Theresa and in Eric's incarceration scenes she just seemed condescending and uninvolved.

But then she's a lawyer so...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

JL is killing these grief scenes. KM take note, if you can bear to watch.

Nice to hear Chloe singing but couldn't they find a semi-decent song?

Martha's Belle...is terrible at showing sympathy. I like her in some scenes but here, consoling Theresa and in Eric's incarceration scenes she just seemed condescending and uninvolved.

But then she's a lawyer so...

I was thinking the same thing--NOW this is an Emmy reel worth seeing!  I love how JL is playing Theresa as angry and desperate and lashing out--all understandable emotions and Brady was great in dealing with her.  It turns out that Theresa was right about Summer all along and it is glorious--now she just needs to get her son back and kill the wench :)

I also thought Belle was very cold and removed and then I realized that Theresa isn't a man she wants to have sex with so of course she's going to be cold towards her :)

• Love 5