Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

A question that only now occurred to me: why would Hope allow her daughter to live or work in the house of the man who desperately wants revenge against Hope?

Hello! ANDRE WANTS TO PUNISH YOU!! Why dangle your daughter like a carrot? Couldn't Andre just ask Harold or his other goons to snatch up Ciara?

Also, I'm loving Rory's return. And if he cops to selling Deimos the drugs that hurt Maggie, he could theoretically get immunity and help send Deimos up the river...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I didn't really want to dislike Joey but geez I cannot believe this is the child of Steve and Kayla. He's whiny, dumb and Jade makes him worse. I know they won't, but Kayla and Steve should leave him there at the commune. 

So the redemption of Chase begins. Getting shanked in prison. Hope feeling bad and Ciara admitting liking his "dark side."  The beginning is not doing much for me but I guess I will see how it turns out. I liked Theo and Ciara and hope they can keep their friendship. This crush on Chad is not going to work out well for you. 

Jennifer's episode was good. Good to see them let Melissa Reeves do something and interact with her it her family members besides JJ and Abby. I did keep wondering why JJ wasn't there for the intervention but seeing Lucas , I could only get some nice things I guess. It would great to see Lucas on the regular which is why if they were aging the teens, Ali should have been one too but that's neither here or there right now. Lol. 

Seriously Hernandez family, lay off Jabi. Mr. Former Assassin and Abandoned your family, I don't really think you are in a position to judge anyone. JJ is one of Gabi's good decisions. She hadn't made those in a while but she has since you know, GETTING OUT OF PRISON! I love their 5 minute scenes. 

• Love 3

This future Chad/Ciara pairing is so ridiculous. Why would Chad want to be with some barely legal screwed up girl who is dealing with being raped. Why would CIara want to get involved with a man who has a plot point baby and an unstable wife prone to violence. Not to mention Andre is still alive. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

This future Chad/Ciara pairing is so ridiculous. Why would Chad want to be with some barely legal screwed up girl who is dealing with being raped. Why would CIara want to get involved with a man who has a plot point baby and an unstable wife prone to violence. Not to mention Andre is still alive. 

Word to your post. Billy Flynn who plays Chad was interviewed about his future storyline at the Daytime Emmys and he had nothing good to say about it...

• Love 4

It's just weird. I mean Chad is a Dimera. Is this the "unpredictable" part Ciara is attracted to? I get that  Chad's good looking and older and that would stand out to her but he's married with a kid and his wife is currently in a mental hospital. Not the greatest recipe for romance. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Word to your post. Billy Flynn who plays Chad was interviewed about his future storyline at the Daytime Emmys and he had nothing good to say about it...

Ugh, this doesn't bode well, does it.

1 hour ago, Bwill3133 said:

It's just weird. I mean Chad is a Dimera. Is this the "unpredictable" part Ciara is attracted to? I get that  Chad's good looking and older and that would stand out to her but he's married with a kid and his wife is currently in a mental hospital. Not the greatest recipe for romance. 

Good points, only she's 18 and none of that means anything to a young girl in love : )

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bwill3133 said:

I also feel that they are modeling  the aftermath of Ciara's rape after Sami''s..Sami became attached to Austin after her rape and her disillusionment with Carrie; and the rest is history..I don't know why Ken Corday feels the need to make everybody a Sami clone....He is so dumb and unimaginative..

• Love 3
On 5/29/2016 at 8:54 AM, ByaNose said:

JPL is getting so gaunt in the face. His dimples are sagging. Also, his hair is getting longer again which isn't a good look. I think they need to cut him & the character loose. He's hardly in any scenes with Kate. I keep forgetting he's her son. Very odd!

If I was Phillip I would want to forget Kate is my mama too.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Abigail is Ciara's cousin, and Abigail did not care that EJ had a woman prone to violence as well a two children.  So why would Ciara care?

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

So the redemption of Chase begins. Getting shanked in prison. Hope feeling bad and Ciara admitting liking his "dark side."

I literally want to vomit. If soaps were still relevant, I would have loved for Sexual Assault Prevention groups to rip this show to shreds.

• Love 2

It's too bad that the old writers wrote the rape storyline & "killing" Aiden off. I know anything can happen on a soap but they really ruined the characters. I liked Hope & Aiden together. I also like Hope with Rafe so either way one of the actors kind of gets screwed. So, they redeem Chase and he's just gonna be the misunderstood rapists. Personally, I want all of the young kids gone. Especially, clenched jawed Ciera. She isn't getting any better and now she's on everyday with Chad. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Guess we know who will be the next actor running for their lives once their contract is up.  It was bad enough that BF was forced to prop KM and her lack of acting ability and he is now being forced to be a prop for the equally, if not more untalented VJ.  

It's seriously reaching the point where there is literally no reason to watch this show.  The character of Hope is being ruined. Steve and Kayla are little more than a memory at this point. Despite what Victor did to Deimos, the show is once again giving that awful character a pass. Not only is Chase being redeemed (rape and stalk some one, spend two days in jail and get shanked, clearly he has suffered enough), I can see this shit show putting her together once the clear train wreck that is pairing Ciara with Chad had ended, because she likes his bad side.  I wouldn't be surprised if Days further denigrates and debases rape victims by not only putting those two together, but having Ciara admit hat she secretly wanted Chase to take her against her will, so he is not really a rapist.  Higlemonster's hands continue to dirty everything she touches.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

They should be recasting the role of Ciara, not putting an inexperienced and bad actress with one of the leading men on this show. BF deserves better. She will drag down his character. She has ample time to at least improve, but she hasn't at all. She had a scene with the great SN the other day and it was cringeworthy. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Abigail is Ciara's cousin, and Abigail did not care that EJ had a woman prone to violence as well a two children.  So why would Ciara care?

Well the way the story is going she probably won't. 

• Love 1

And, I still love how Hope barely acknowledges Claire. Meanwhile, she's is a scene with her daughter, daughter in law & granddaughter and acts like Claire is some random friend of Ciera's. 

• Love 7

If Chase sticks around who are they going to put him with? It was bad enough when they put Sami with EJ, but at least she was an adult and eventually got to shoot him in the head. The only girls in his age range are Ciara, Claire, and Jade. Are they really going to put some barely legal girl with a rapist, reformed or not?

• Love 3

I'm not liking the poor, lovesick Chad lying on the sofa with a blanket with Ciara sitting nearby and the actress unable to make the whole thing believable. This is bullshit.

Joey and his looney girlfriend is not making this episode any better either.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, rcc said:

They should be recasting the role of Ciara, not putting an inexperienced and bad actress with one of the leading men on this show. BF deserves better. She will drag down his character. She has ample time to at least improve, but she hasn't at all. She had a scene with the great SN the other day and it was cringeworthy. 

Look at how long KM has been on the show without any improvement.  I wish BF would get a co-star as strong as he is, but I don't see that happening. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I may be in the minority but I was all for Kayla kissing Finn. She's single, he's cute, interested, and they have a lot in common since they are both doctors so why not? I can't see this turning into any kind of great romance but why shouldn't she be allowed to date?

Also, she's right about Steve - he usually does leave her out of the loop to "protect" her. It has been that way for their whole relationship and that is something that needs to change before they get back together. She is an adult, an intelligent woman and chief of staff at a major hospital yet he still treats her like a little kid who has to be taken care of. Finn is trying to protect her while also respecting that she can take care of herself.

In the end I will always be pro Steve and Kayla but she deserves to have a little fun, especially when having both Joey and Steve to deal with on a regular basis.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 9

Kayla and Steve should leave him there at the commune

Wait ... commune?!? Did they also take the Tardis to the 70s?!?

I may be in the minority but I was all for Kayla kissing Finn. She's single, he's cute, interested, and they have a lot in common since they are both doctors so why not? I can't see this turning into any kind of great romance but why shouldn't she be allowed to date?

I agree completely. When has Kayla ever gotten the chance to explore anything outside of Steve? I'm okay with dating or even a one night stand!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Also, she's right about Steve - he usually does leave her out of the loop to "protect" her. It has been that way for their whole relationship and that is something that needs to change before they get back together. She is an adult, an intelligent woman and chief of staff at a major hospital yet he still treats her like a little kid who has to be taken care of. Finn is trying to protect her while also respecting that she can take care of herself.

In the end I will always be pro Steve and Kayla but she deserves to have a little fun, especially when having both Joey and Steve to deal with on a regular basis.

I'm right in that minority with you.  Yes I want Steve and Kayla as endgame, but let her be appreciated and enjoy being appreciated.  Let Steve actually have a competitor for Kayla's affections that will force him to step up his game and truly earn Kayla back.  Kayla (like all people) deserves not to be taken for granted and Steve is the king of taking her for granted.

Jade needs to go and Joey needs to join Ciara and Chase in the recastorama, because none of these characters are salvageable in the hands of their current portrayers.

GG continues to show why he is not leading man material.  I can't even stand Aiden at this point and he still pairs better with Hope than Rafe does.

• Love 8

Fynn, you could be facing sexual harassment charges and disciplinary action. Kayla is your *boss*.

Simone the commune owner, what big ears you have! Being able to hear a phone! Probably the one in Joey's backpack.  Most teens have some sort of phone that may ring or indicate a text message. Kid, Jade is showing you exactly who she is and you are just blindsided. She's not worth stealing for.  She doesn't love you and you are just infatuated with the idea of a bad girl and getting away from your parents. The commune, or group home for troubled teens who are contemplating a life of crime, um, nope.  It's a dead end. Maybe you can join Chase in jail for a bit.

Ciara, Chad is your employer, and he is a young man who treats you nicely. Maybe you are friends too.  However, he is married. You are just the nanny. You don't need another guy right now to validate you. Focus on school, having fun, getting to know who you are and what you like and want from life. You are 18 years old. Living in a creepy mansion?

On some level, Hope enjoys having both Rafe and Aiden pursuing her.

• Love 6

Show wouldn't do it, would they?  Show wouldn't go from having Ciara mooning over a drunken Chad to killing Chase in his hospital bed, would they? And then think we'd cheer her on?  Because that's how it looked to me at the end of the episode.

Pretty soon the only people who won't have killed somebody will be Ari and Tate.  Just wait till they start preschool.....

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, boes said:

Show wouldn't do it, would they?  Show wouldn't go from having Ciara mooning over a drunken Chad to killing Chase in his hospital bed, would they? And then think we'd cheer her on?  Because that's how it looked to me at the end of the episode.

Pretty soon the only people who won't have killed somebody will be Ari and Tate.  Just wait till they start preschool.....

Well I mean no one has killed in Salem in about two months, so it's probably about time. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, cmahorror said:

1,000 likes.   I agree with you.  No one would think twice when Steve was with a younger woman, but everyone is acting like it's a big deal that Kayla is older than Finn.  I think he's cute and she just needs to let loose a little bit. 

Steve and Kayla will end up together (which I've been a S&K fan since 1986, so I hope they do), and he will continue to hide things from her because that's his M.O.  but for now I think she needs to have a little fun.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 7

Billy Flynn was so great yesterday. I think it's hard to get "drunk" right and make it believable, which BF certainly did. I squirmed during the dream kiss -- even aside from the ick factor of how young Ciara is, I don't think Chad would hurt Theo. I hope this is dispatched with quickly as an "innocent learning experience" of Ciara's.

And now I"ll go take my knitting and my rocking chair, make some tea, put on my sweater, and sit with the old folks, lol. Sometimes I surprise myself with how provincial I can be -- kind of odd for an old hippie : )

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

1,000 likes.   I agree with you.  No one would think twice when Steve was with a younger woman, but everyone is acting like it's a big deal that Kayla is older than Finn.  I think he's cute and she just needs to let loose a little bit. 

Steve and Kayla will end up together (which I've been a S&K fan since 1986, so I hope they do), and he will continue to hide things from her because that's his M.O.  but for now I think she needs to have a little fun.  

The show has never developed Kayla outside of Steve..Even when he was dead, they moved her on with Shane, knowing that it would have never really been a threat to Steve and Kayla...Happytobehere and I have said ad nauseum that Kayla should have moved on with Marcus and had a son named after Steve..The show was scared to do an interracial romance between a White woman and a Black man....I hate the fact that Kayla remained celibate after her dumb romance with Shane....Shayla was an affront to the fans of both Steve/Kayla and Shane/Kim....It was not as bad as Dannifer, but, it was damn close...Yuck....It was the only time, I disliked Kayla, she was acting out of character, keeping the truth about  Jeannie/Theresa's paternity a secret, just so she could on to Shane..The show tried to spin it that Kayla's grief for Steve led to her neediness and clinginess to Shane..I never bought it..Kayla was not Sami, she would never hurt her big sister..Watching Kayla be a bitch to Kim turned my stomach....I won't even rant about Shane's douchiness at the time..You guys would probably ban me from this board..lol..I have been watching the love story of Kim and Shane all over again on youtube and the person who put up the videos had the decency to edit out Shayla..If she forgot to do it, she would put a warning that a Shayla scene was in it...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm being totally serious: should Kayla be having sex with her hematoma?  I feel like the answer is no, and these two doctors should know that. 

I hate all this crap with Steve, Kayla and their dumb ass son and creeper Finn.  I wish their story had gone in a much different direction.

I loved Drake's face at the door. 

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 2
(edited)

Finn has no discernable personality or character traits. How are we supposed to root for/against this pairing?

Same for Lani.

Why are Kate and Nicole fighting over Deimos? He tried to kill Maggie. Hello? Find some other way to take him down.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

So is Ciara supposed to be the new Abby? Watching her fantasize over Chad was really reminiscent of Abby some years ago lusting over/attempting to seduce Carrie's husband Austin, and most recently, Sami's husband EJ. And now, here's Ciara lusting for Abby's husband (isn't it ironic?)while taking care of her baby. Ick.

Joey is the dumbest person who ever lived, real or fictional. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Billy Flynn was so great yesterday. I think it's hard to get "drunk" right and make it believable, which BF certainly did. I squirmed during the dream kiss -- even aside from the ick factor of how young Ciara is, I don't think Chad would hurt Theo. I hope this is dispatched with quickly as an "innocent learning experience" of Ciara's.

And now I"ll go take my knitting and my rocking chair, make some tea, put on my sweater, and sit with the old folks, lol. Sometimes I surprise myself with how provincial I can be -- kind of odd for an old hippie : )

Not to forget that he really is in love with his wife and their child. Fooling around with a teenager just doesn't seem to be where his head would be right now.

Make a cup for me, I'll join you on the "old fogeys couch"!

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, TVForever said:

So is Ciara supposed to be the new Abby? Watching her fantasize over Chad was really reminiscent of Abby some years ago lusting over/attempting to seduce Carrie's husband Austin, and most recently, Sami's husband EJ. And now, here's Ciara lusting for Abby's husband (isn't it ironic?)while taking care of her baby. Ick.

Joey is the dumbest person who ever lived, real or fictional. 

Joey is dumb as rocks dumb. That's a double negative which isn't good. LOL!!!

• Love 2

Ugh Sparkle move on already. If they insist on keeping this character around why can't they actually do something with him. He barely has a personality and his only interests and hobbies involve obsessing over Sonny.

Joey is so fucking stupid, 

This Deimos/Nicole/Kate thing isn't working for me, mainly because I have no idea what any of them are really thinking or what they really want. 

• Love 4

Dirk is a child?  No.

Dammit, Nicole and Dario play well together, but he's just another bad guy who would break her heart.

What was that music in the background at the club?

How many months of angst are we going to have from Kayla for tapping that while her son was being arrested?

Joey is too dumb to live.

• Love 2

Sparkleson anvils!  Wheeeee!!! Totally awkwardly done since apparently Paul and Henry(?) are the only two gay men in Salem, apparently.

But yay for a Sparkle appearance and a Sonny appearance by proxy! Woot! 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What happened today with Sonny and Paul??

Paul was at the pub (I think) and that Henry(?) guy happened by and asked him out on a date.  By way of turning him down Sparkle explained that he was too old for Henry and also said that there was someone else he still cared about.  (Paraphrase).  And then after Henry left, Sparkle wistfully stared at Sonny's photo on his phone.  

Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3

My main takeaway from today's show is how dark and dingy everything is looking again.  Remember how, for a while, the sets really gleamed, Show had a fresh look.  Now it looks like it was filmed in some dingy basement rumpus room again.  

Joey.....He's oddly mesmerizing to me, the way he stands there with his mouth open, just about ready to drool and then he starts to speak....sort of, anyway.  I always end wanting to hand him a tissue and insist he really  blow his nose.  Boy sounds stuffed up.  

Kayla should have doubled down and tapped that while she had the chance.  If anything would ruin the moment, it's opening the door and finding Jawn with his "Pull my finger" face on, so I guess it's just as well she put the stops to it.  But damn, she deserves a little R and R before reconnecting with her idiot son.

Sparkle sure flashed Henry his pearly whites today, didn't he?  For a moment I felt an intense need to get some Dentyne gum.  

That poor cop at the commune!  Who knew the guy, who plays the Warden at the prison on the Young and the Restless has to make ends meet by being a cop out in Arizona?  Same suit, though, so at least he doesn't have to change his clothes.

And isn't it just a tad on the warm side for Steve and Dopey to be wearing leather jackets in the Arizona heat?  You can probably smell 'em both a mile away.

• Love 11