Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

That would be compelling however KM can't provide the nuance and sensitivity to pull that deep story off. Jar Jar is super controlling and loves casual violence (for fucks sake she slapped people like 10 x last year unprovoked) and soaps with their dying ratings are always trying to be edgy or push the envelope so I thought an interesting story to piggy back off this is she begins to abuse her partner. I don't think even in prime time soaps this story has been told of a heterosexual couple and the woman hitting the man. And it's relatable and does happen (a good male friend was physically and verbally abused by his fiancé severely for years. It took a lot of time ad strength for him to seek help). That would be a powerful story but of course they are too lazy and stuck in traditional gender roles and stereotypes to write it.

It would be a fantastic story..Plus, Abigail would be channeling her Sadistic Grandfather Duke..It would even be better if Jack were around to see his daughter following in his footsteps....There is so much that can be done with the Johnson family and their descendants...

• Love 1

Originally, Jen thought Eve was trying to get back at her by sleeping with her son. Now it's dawning on Jen that Eve might possibly have feelings for JJ.

I think the purpose of the party is to see whether Eve will squirm when confronted with JJ and Paige as a couple. The squirming will confirm to Jennifer that Eve does in fact have wacko feelings for JJ.

Both Eve and Jennifer are crazy, but they're the only good parts of the storyline. JJ looks like a deer caught in the headlights. I like Paige in theory but the acting from her is so dull. No wonder the show had Jennifer find Eve and JJ in bed --- I don't think Paige's reaction is going to be quite as epic.

• Love 7

I don't understand how Eve developed feelings for JJ. They had one nice scene when they bonded over music, but that's it. Every other time they interact there's yelling, threats, insults, and depressing sex.

Serena is incredibly incompetent at getting these fake prop diamonds so I don't know why Xander doesn't just get someone else to get them or do it himself. 

• Love 4

I could be totally wrong, but I get the weird feeling that the writers or producers never sat the actors down and told them how this storyline is going to go. It seems like the actors are guessing the characters' motivations as much as we are.

KDP is a good actress, has a strong presence, and has chemistry with most of the people she interacts with, so I don't know why they're not making good use of use of her. If anyone else was playing Eve, I'd probably be calling Eve every terrible name in the book and making fun of her like I do with Abigail, but something is kind of stopping me, and the only explanation I have is that KDP is playing her and has made it apparent that her character does in fact love her daughter so I'm ....conflicted?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

I  just find the characterization of Eve to be so out of character to the original Eve played by Charlotte Ross..Eve always wanted a family and I cannot see her sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend..Eve was a teen prostitute and I can see her being overprotective of Paige...I cannot see her doing this despicable act with JJ. Eve liked Jack and she did not hate Jennifer. She just called out Jennifer for playing games with Frankie...They never had an epic rivalry..I wish the writers would stay true to who these characters are...Eve was bitchy and did bad things at times like try to come between Shane and Kim. However, there was always a vulnerability that kept her likable and rootable...Charlotte was just so damn good and had fantastic chemistry with her co-stars...I  like Kassie but she was miscast as Eve....They should have had Charlotte Ross's Eve come into town to usher in her daughter Paige, just like  they did with Sonny and his parents...Paige should have stayed with the Brady's and take it from there. Paige is more connected to the Brady's than the Hortons...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Pretending this Eve isn't that Eve is how I cope. Nope, she's just a whole new character....

Show is bleeding over into real life. My daughter walked in the house last night and didn't shut the door behind her. I told her to close it and asked "Where do you think we are, Salem?" Of course, no one understood what I was talking about.

• Love 6

I can't see original Eve being so mean to Theresa...She loved Andrew and Jeannie.....She and Kim had a rocky start, but they grew to love one another....As always, this show favors plot over character..Eve would have been a mentor to Theresa, she knows what it is like to be troubled and misunderstood....They should have had Eve come into town followed by Theresa coming to Salem to be with her beloved big sister....I even find the characterization of Theresa to be puzzling as well..Based on what we know about Shane and Kim, she should have had a good life in LA..What happened to  Theresa to cause her to go down the road of drugs and alcohol..Kim had a tragic childhood, she would have done her best to give Andrew and Jeannie a good life....Do Andrew and Theresa even know Stefanie? did they grow up with her?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Something I meant to bitch about that happened yesterday was Maggie's bitchiness when she met Zander.  He's her husband's NEPHEW, not some long-lost distant relation, so when she went on about how she can't keep all those names straight, blah blah blah, with her phony little laugh I just thought - what a bitch.  And I don't like using that word about anybody.  She effectively dissed his place in her husband's family as inconsequential.  I was glad to see her go play in the dirt at the community garden.  Maybe she can use her poison tongue to kill some weeds.  Oh, she also had to say that she'd heard about him NOT from Victor (way to emphasize how little he matters, Maggie), but instead she heard about him from her sainted sand-blasted elderly dirtbag of a son.  She implied that she knew all she needed to know , based on Daniel's recollections of him from a summer visit on Victor's island decades ago - second-hand judgement from Daniel.

Maggie is such a superior snot.  I hope somebody lights a match really close the next time she napalms that ratted mess she calls hair and give her something to really screech about.

Also, Show may want us not to think about it, but Daniel - and I'm being kind here - is at least 45 years old.  Sorased Brady isn't supposed to be much more than 30 or so, I think.  And Zander is younger than that, or so Show tells us.  So, Daniel is telling us that he was a troubled kid - which can only mean, going by his age as opposed to Daniel's, that Zander was a troubled TODDLER.    So, was this island home to Children of the Corn, or does Daniel now have perfect recall of how he disliked a 4 year old with a criminal rap sheet?

Brady may be a bonehead, Zander may be a thug, but Daniel is a Jennifer Horton in drag - and IMO that's a helluva lot more toxic.

• Love 9

Looks like Xander wants Victor's attention and Victor just finds ways to sidestep away from him. 

I knew Brady was stupid, continues to let the bitch live and doing all that damn talking. 

Why do we have to keep telling Nicole to find some damn dignity. She constantly has to explain every step to Dark Roast but he feels it's right to not tell Nicole anything. Glad she walked out on him but it won't be long before she's crawling back for more punishment.

Jacosta still gets on my nerves, now she wants to be Dr. Phil & Oprah to Southern. Sit down Jacosta, you're not a good person even though she tries to be but fails miserably. 

JJ is still a little shit stain on continuing to sleep with Lima Bean. Writers are working extra overtime to try and make this relationship work when it just doesn't it's broken on all cylinders. 

• Love 3

Did they tell us that?  Paul Telfer is 35.

Show told us that Daniel and Brady were roughly the same age, or at least close enough to hang out together, and that Zander was younger than them, to the extent that it wasn't a threesome friendship, but a younger guy admiring two "older brother" types.

They do have a wonky timeline going on.  Eric Martsolf (Brady) is actually 43! I wouldn't have guessed it.  I think Brady is supposed to be in his late 30s/early 40s. Belle, Shawn, Chloe etc. would be around 33 right now.  Their teen scene was around 2000ish.  

The show keeps pairing Brady with younger women so it seems like he would be closer in age to Theresa and Melanie.

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 2

Are all Greek names interchangeable to Maggie? Did the show really let slip the implication that her husband's family is of no consequence to her because of their foreign-ness? That's pretty bad, even for the eejits who scribble the script pages on this show.

• Love 3

To try and say something positive, I kinda like Dr. Mandrake.  His line deliveries are weak and off, but that seems to add to his creepster vibe, which is strong.  He is a decent alternative to Rolfe, the hyper helper.  Remember him??

Does the show go to lengths to make Brady seem stupid or what?  He searches the whole castle (!!!) finding nothing, while Melpops her head in the front door , spots the secret passage and finds the baby, all without breaking a sweat or getting Kristin's dander upr

• Love 4

I don't know what the character's ages are supposed to be, but Brady looks more youthful  than Daniel. The only thing that I think might give away Brady's real-life age is how broad his physique is.  Daniel looks 50, and Brady looks under that. I most likely wouldn't guess that he's 30-35, but I wouldn't guess that he's 50 either. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Brady returned to Salem with a different face, and no brain cells.  They started calling him Sami's older brother because EM is older than AS even though Sami/Eric are older than Brady.  {face palm}

The men have no brains and the women have no dignity or self-respect.

Naggie is a shrew.

• Love 2

Brady returned to Salem with a different face, and no brain cells.

And incredible bladder control. He didn't use the bathroom once during that flight from Salem to Europe. How convenient since melanie was hiding in there and battling a raft.

• Love 3

And incredible bladder control. He didn't use the bathroom once during that flight from Salem to Europe. How convenient since melanie was hiding in there and battling a raft.

You might be too kind.  Just because Brady didn't use the restroom doesn't mean he didn't go.

After all, he IS Jawn's kid.

Poor Mel may have needed that raft.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Ugh, Nicole.  Come on. Why do you continue this stupid dance with Daniel?  How many times do we have to tell you to move on?

I was so enraged by Bitchy Hobo berating Nicole for being in his apartment  that I couldn't finish the episode.  I've been a Nicole fan since day one and it kills me to see her treated this way.  

Between his treatment of Nicole (again) and the shade he threw at Xander, I'm officially declaring Dr. Daniel Jonas the worst male in soap history.   He and his mother need to thrown head first into the nearest Hellmouth.  Isn't Salem relatively close to Cleveland?

• Love 5

Maybe I'm crazy but I kind of liked Jenn's trying to reach out to Eve--of course it backfired spectacularly, and I especially liked Jenn's referencing a retconned friendship but that was worth Eve's very quietly whispered "I hate you."  That was beautifully played by KDP and MR looked suitably shaken.

This whole baby storyline would make more sense if Theresa had gone with Brady to confront Kristen because right now, it sort of looks like Mel's the bio mother whose desperate to get her child back.

And if I was Serena and Nicole had grabbed my arm to prevent me from leaving, I'd have thrown a punch or kicked her in the shins, not simply tried to pull my purse back.  Same with Eve--if I was walking across the Horton Square and Jenn tried to stop me from walking, I'd have shoved her to the ground.

• Love 6

I was so enraged by Bitchy Hobo berating Nicole for being in his apartment  that I couldn't finish the episode.  I've been a Nicole fan since day one and it kills me to see her treated this way.  

Between his treatment of Nicole (again) and the shade he threw at Xander, I'm officially declaring Dr. Daniel Jonas the worst male in soap history.   He and his mother need to thrown head first into the nearest Hellmouth.  Isn't Salem relatively close to Cleveland?

The Hellmouth would spit this worthless piece of naugahyde right back out again.  They might just as well as renamed the show Everybody Loves Daniel after all the loathesome adoration thrown that cretin's way today.  We had Maggie fawning over him, Victor getting a woody about him, Eric undressing him with his eyes, while he pimps and preens and squeezes his saggy buttcheeks together in his manly strut.  

If only the spell could be shattered so they could see how he looks in the morning, before his makeup session.....

Daniel%20Jonas.jpg

That would put an end to Nicole's obsession.

I know it won't last but it was so nice to see Nicole - even though it won't last - to walk out on that bloated gasbag.  He can go off on her for absolutely nothing, but he can drop their plans to go to Jenn's side and she's supposed to just be the little woman and say, "Whatever you say, Master".  

I can almost agree that he is the worst male character in soap history, but I'm still scarred by the DoucheLord, Ryan Lavery from AMC.  He and his thong slippage still wake me up screaming.  Daniel, though, is VERY VERY close to moving ahead of him.

All I know for sure is that I'd really enjoy an entire hour of Show if they  were showing nothing but Daniel being beaten with a surfboard.  

Maybe I'm crazy but I kind of liked Jenn's trying to reach out to Eve--of course it backfired spectacularly, and I especially liked Jenn's referencing a retconned friendship but that was worth Eve's very quietly whispered "I hate you."  That was beautifully played by KDP and MR looked suitably shaken.

And if I was Serena and Nicole had grabbed my arm to prevent me from leaving, I'd have thrown a punch or kicked her in the shins, not simply tried to pull my purse back.  Same with Eve--if I was walking across the Horton Square and Jenn tried to stop me from walking, I'd have shoved her to the ground.

I could see, in those scenes with Jenn and Eve would could have been if the writers had not gone so crazy, so fast, with both Jenn and Eve.  I agree that the scenes were great to watch.  As much as I may dislike Jenn ( and Missy Reeves to a certain extent), these are two VERY GOOD actors, and today we got to see them both show that.  But it's too little, too late, for Jenn to reach out to Eve now.  And Eve would be an idiot to believe her.  Plus, as bad as Eve is, Jenn has been so treacherous and so .....odd.... for so long, a "good" Jenn who wasn't also superior and judgemental is too foreign  a concept for me.

And regardless of those scenes, it's time for somebody to haul off and give Jenn or Abigail or Nicole, for that matter, some payback for these verbal and physical assualts.  I thought it was funny, when Jenn was shrieking and chasing Eve across the Square, the looks and smirks everyone was giving Jenn.  They must have been explaining to the newer residents...."Oh, that's Jennifer Horton.  Either she or her daughter are beating on someone or other at least twice a week.  The family is nuts.  The Hortons weren't always like that, though.  Hard to believe these folks are related to Tom and Alice".

Mel was a bit whacked today.  All her verbal and physical tics were pretty active - her stutterbarking, her funnystumbles, biting her tongue, eating her hair.   That poor Italian nurse must have thought she'd run into an escapee from a mental institution.  

Will Brady actually be of any use when the inevitable fight starts with Dr. Mandrake and his wacko assistant?  His pants are so tight he looks like he should be making a guest appearance on The Young and the Restless with Paulie Tightpockets.  

Poor Baby Brady is going to be SO disappointed when he meets his daddy.

• Love 2

Although Jen was annoying - surprise! - I was actually pretty interested in the conversation she had with Eve, because it seemed like maybe the writers were doing a course-correction on the story, where we would learn that it's not really about JJ for Eve, it's something in her past. KdP played all that really well.

Then she had the fantasy of JJ telling her everything was going to be okay and I went back to thinking the writers are just having her obsess over him.

• Love 4

So I imagine Serena missed one of the diamonds and it's still sitting there on Daniel's couch, right?

I rewound the scene of her leaving Daniel's apartment and it looked to me like there was one still on the couch when she left.  

Or, Daniel could be leaving droppings like the rodent he is.

• Love 1

I will admit I like Jenn (and Missy Reeves) better than some, although they have butchered the character. I loved the scenes today between her and the person who is pretending to be Eve because Charlotte Ross didn't come back. They actually usued show history to explore a different angle in the story.

I heard that CR was actually approached to return as Eve, and didn't do it. In my brain I'd like to think they were upfront about how they were going to ruin her character (including sleeping with Jack's son) and she ran for the hills.

• Love 3

And Parker will find it, swallow it and Daniel will have to perform life-saving surgery on his own son (even if unethical)

You're probably right, especially since this is the same kid who apparently can't get enough of that Cost Plus elephant.  

I see a kitchen knife tracheotomy in his immediate future.

• Love 4

It's possible that "The Young and the Restless with Paulie Tightpockets" and "... the person who is pretending to be Eve because Charlotte Ross didn't come back" are my new favourite things. (And I don't even watch The Young and the Restless. Er, that much.)

• Love 2

Is Serena the shittiest thief in the world or what?!

That's hyperbole but she's really horrible at it. If it were moi the first month in Salem I would have broke in Eric apartment and taken like ten things, thrown 9 away and ran off with the elephant. Or later broke in Unwashed Hippies apartment trashed the entire place. Smashed all of his self tanner. And taken Parker's fave toy from Cost Plus World Market. Salem PD would do absolutely nothing or have no clues like always.

Boes mentioned Ryan Lavery from All My Children. I think the character is the biggest douchebag, smuggest, most propped asshole in soaps. JMHO! He was such a jerk always yelling and screaming at women and breaking shit then the others in scenes would applaud and compliment him! And I'm saying this as a person who first watching soaps in elementary school liked him. But. It all went to hell quickly. Also the actor isn't nice in real life he was rude and condescending to Wally Kurth (Justin Days and Ned GH ) which has always bothered me. And I don't think he has gotten work or notable work since AMC

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I hope Parker finds the diamond and gives it to Ciara.  Good luck Serena, getting a diamond away from Ciara.  Anyway, Hope could learn about it and it make her suspicious.  That would bring the Salem PD into the story.  Serena needs to be exposed and Nicole proven right.

• Love 6

I was going to ask, when were Eve and raccoon Jen ever friends? Aren't we supposed to believe that they've always hated each other? Are they retconning a retcon?

Ugh. I got partway through Kritter's scene with Box of Hair Black and deleted the episode. Just. So. Stupid.

Brady is so stupid. Did he think he could intimidate Kritter into giving him the baby? Why didn't he bring Victor's goons with him?

• Love 1

Is Serena the shittiest thief in the world or what?!

That's hyperbole but she's really horrible at it. If it were moi the first month in Salem I would have broke in Eric apartment and taken like ten things, thrown 9 away and ran off with the elephant. Or later broke in Unwashed Hippies apartment trashed the entire place. Smashed all of his self tanner. And taken Parker's fave toy from Cost Plus World Market. Salem PD would do absolutely nothing or have no clues like always.

Boes mentioned Ryan Lavery from All My Children. I think the character is the biggest douchebag, smuggest, most propped asshole in soaps. JMHO! He was such a jerk always yelling and screaming at women and breaking shit then the others in scenes would applaud and compliment him! And I'm saying this as a person who first watching soaps in elementary school liked him. But. It all went to hell quickly. Also the actor isn't nice in real life he was rude and condescending to Wally Kurth (Justin Days and Ned GH ) which has always bothered me. And I don't think he has gotten work or notable work since AMC

I hated Ryan Lavery...so awful..though he was pretty to look at, but nothing more...Every woman lost her mind for this guy, including Erica Kane...that was a low point for Erica, bedding Ryan..How was he rude to Wally Kurth?..He wishes that he had half the talent that Wally has when it comes to acting..He was an awful actor...

• Love 1

I was going to ask, when were Eve and raccoon Jen ever friends? Aren't we supposed to believe that they've always hated each other? Are they retconning a retcon?

I thought it was a little weird that they wrote in that Eve wanted all of Jen's men. Eve wanted Frankie (but I think that was a genuine crush, not simply because he "belonged" to Jennifer), but from the clips I saw on Youtube I don't think she wanted Jack -- she simply wanted some kind of inheritance which required that she marry someone and Jack needed to marry someone (for some reason or other) and they agreed to marry each other for mutual benefit. 

• Love 3

I thought it was a little weird that they wrote in that Eve wanted all of Jen's men. Eve wanted Frankie (but I think that was a genuine crush, not simply because he "belonged" to Jennifer), but from the clips I saw on Youtube I don't think she wanted Jack -- she simply wanted some kind of inheritance which required that she marry someone and Jack needed to marry someone (for some reason or other) and they agreed to marry each other for mutual benefit. 

You are correct..Eve and Jennifer were neither friends nor rivals...They tolerated each other....The show just loves to ignore history and characterizations for plot....They have totally destroyed who Eve was as originally conceived by Charlotte Ross....

I want Philip to come back and have a rivalry with Chad....Kate needs her other son...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Ick Ryan Lavery and Daniel Jonas - they should both be eaten by scorpions.

Why was it Dan got to whine about how he knew how it felt to be cheated on (Chloe), but he failed to remember that Chloe cheated on Lucas with him?  Parker should be Phillip's son.

Does it seem like there are more and more jerk men on soaps, and more and more women who are complete doormats?  Not just Days, but all the soaps?

• Love 5

Parker was Philip's and the show gave him to Dan..What a slap in the face to the Philip/Chloe fans.....I loved their love story,, from beginning to end..Giving them a child was a great thing, but, they had to take that away and give it to God..aka,,Dr Dan...I hate that character....he ruins everything...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Dollars to doughnuts Daniel finds one of the stolen diamond in the couch and blames Nicole.

I'm guessing they'll have to give Teresa her baby back, which hopefully will calm her the fuck down. 

• Love 3

Of course Dr Tan will find it..He is God...every woman wants him and every man wants to be like him..They even have the beautiful Xander feeling inferior to Dr. Tan..Give me a break, Xander can have any woman that he wants, even a man if he swung that way...lol..It is just like when the show keeps saying that Abigail is so beautiful....Please..Jennifer Lilley is the most beautiful woman in the younger set of Days actresses....She is stunning..She is even more stunning with her natural blonde hair...

• Love 4

I don't understand why Brady and Mel aren't more confused by a fifty year old Kristen actually being able to conceive let alone give birth to a child.  Seriously, she had this big epic love with John ten to fifteen years ago, but now we're supposed to believe she's still in her child bearing years?

I think Lucas is going to get his heart broken because Adrienne is still in love with Justin--and damn but Judi Evan is a great actress.  KM, take notes :)

I love Victor and I especially love his relationship with Sonny but how dare he mock Shawn Brady?  Shawn and Caroline were able to get past her infidelity and have a happy life together, and if Sonny and Will are able to do that, then more power to them.  However, I have my concerns because WIll was certainly working the crazy eyes this episode.

• Love 4

I was just going to say the same thing, Judi Evans is excellent.  I'm actually started to buy into her storyline with Lucas because she's doing such a good job acting-wise.

Oh fuck, Will's going to go see Sparkle instead of Sonny going, isn't he? Or Sonny's going to show up there too.  Can't Sneasel like, go on a solo hike of the Appalachian Trail or something for a while?

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 2

Victor was out of line when he was talking to Sonny. Who does he think that he is? He is becoming too judgmental for my taste..All he does is criticize people..Has he  forgotten his lists of  crimes? I wish Kim was here to hear him talk about her family like that..He needs to take several seats....His hatred of Will is so over the top...It makes no sense...He has no right to condemn him so harshly especially since he had an affair with Caroline and had Bo. He raped Kim...Victor is no saint....He is always fawning over Dr. Tan, who is a male whore....Yuck....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Victor needs to have a damn seat. Being angry with Will is one thing, but where does he get off judging the Bradys? Does he forget that he's a mobster, that he had an affair with married Caroline, and that Sonny almost died because of his war with Clyde? And didn't he force or manipulate Kim into having sex with him? And the nerve of him to talk trash about dead Grandpa Shawn after he had an affair with his wife. Then there's those creeps Xander and Dan and the idiot Brady. He and his family are no better than the Bradys and he needs to remember that. I don't care how beloved Victor is, being a hypocritical judgmental hateful old man is not a good look. I definitely can't wait for everyone to find out why Sonny was stabbed.

Lucas and Sonny's mother make me sick.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5