Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ken Corday and the writers are fools.  Sami was not the bad guy, EJ wronged Sami not Slappy, and the boring twit was not a victim.  Sami and her children were the ones who were hurt, and if the writers weren't morons, Sami would have seen her revenge through to the end.  Apparently, not only are Ken Corday and the writers not aware we are no longer living in the dark ages, they also don't realize how popular the movie The First Wives Club was.

Will is an idiot.  How could Sami and Lucas son, and Kate's grandson be so inept?  Did Stefano put a chip in his head?  Sonny deserves better than both Sneasel and Sparkle.

• Love 7

The stalker Abigail was in the elevator and would not come out so her dad inside the elevator and rescued her then went down the elevator shaft to his death.

Could stalk a man relentlessly but was not able to walk out of an elevator.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

Abifail didn't literally cause Jack's death. They were trapped in an elevator that was about to crash. Jack pried the door open long enough for Abifail to get out and then it crashed. If he hadn't bothered saving his worthless creature of a daughter he could have gotten out in time. 

• Love 1

I had a small runin with a person on Twitter yesterday about their horrible comments about Guy, but they are apparently not brave enough to respond when they are criticized.

There is no problem with criticizing an actor, but there is a problem when they are attacked personally.  It gets to be disgusting.

Jack wrote a book about his exploits overseas, but it also included a confession that he had raped Kayla, which made JJ go on a vandalism spree.

Eve was married to Jack for an instant.

Does JJ know about his Grandfather Duke and His adopted Grandfather Harper Devereaux? He would lose it big time if he knew about their sordid history... I think that Xander might be Alex Kiriakis, he would not tell Nicole his last name....I hope that he is Alex and I want him to get in Will's face about his betrayal of his baby brother....Will is so stupid....Wow, he did not learn anything about manipulation and scheming from Lucas, Sami and Kate..If he wanted to humiliate Sparkle, he should have given the scoop to another reporter, it would keep his hands clean, when the fallout happens...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

But from what I remember even after Jack pried the elevator door open she would not even come out then.

Does JJ know about his Grandfather Duke and His adopted Grandfather Harper Devereaux? He would lose it big time if he knew about their sordid history...

Not to mention the great Bill Horton being a rapist.

• Love 3

As arrogant as CM's Will could be, his interactions with Marlena and Kate, for example, gave us something to hang our hopes that he wasn't a truly terrible person on. Unfortunately, GW doesn't seem to have that same easy chemistry with anyone. 

I agree.  I loved Chandler Massey's Will particularly with Marlena, and I really loved Marlena in Will's coming out storyline.  She was top of her game in that storyline and so was Will.  

• Love 4

But from what I remember even after Jack pried the elevator door open she would not even come out then.

Not to mention the great Bill Horton being a rapist.

You are right about that..He comes from a line of rapists...lol Damn that is awful..I wish that Steve and Jack were on canvas to show JJ that we are not define solely by our past and family....I  get angry every time I see Dr orange with JJ.. It should be Jack dispensing advice to his son..Casey looks so much like Matthew, it is uncanny....The show is good at casting family members..

• Love 2

BOllie if you want to give Jar Jar a present, you should be sending her a horse's head or EJ's dick. Jar Jar please EJ used the book to get to you. It didn't even take much to get those panties or whatever she wears under there. Whatever Jar Jar. IDK how exactly EJ hurt her, EJ told her how it was gonna be if they continued the affair. He told her that he would continue to treat her like the mistress and that nothing will ever be between them. Why can't she get that through her thick ass head?? EJ would only hurt her if he promised a future and didn't follow up on it. She really wanted EJ to dump Sami and the kids to ride off into hell with her. Self-centered much bitch?? How can BOllie not be over the affair when he didn't even much care for it when he learned about it.

Talk about stalkerish behavior Dark Roast is just hounding JJ and won't leave it alone. IDK why Dark Roast has to know this bit of information. He's such a nosy ass ferret. I don't understand why Dark Roast always have to be in the loop on what's going on in other people's lives when he can't even get his own life in order. He's forever harping on Nicole about Eric and Nicole REALLY NEEDS TO CUT HER LOSSES!!! Fuck that Dingy Troll Doll and get that sexy Xander. If Xander was hitting on me, I'll be on my back so damn fast, you just wouldn't believe. 

So I guess now Sneasel is going to punish Sparkles for saving Sonny's life. What a jackass and in Sparkles' defense he didn't know whose life he was saving. I'm happy now that Sparkles is about to find out that Sneasel blackmailed his mother, and hopefully he punches Sneasel so hard in the face that Sneasel starts to shit teeth. I'm glad Sonny is being honest with where he went and not lying about it, and it's why Sonny is my favorite character on Days. Sonny is another character that needs to cut his losses and dump that Sneasel he's with. Go find Derrick, lousy employee but at least he's cute.

Then we have Suddenly Southern looking like Sally Homemaker with that hairstyle. Yikes. She's back to playing in the kiddie pool.

The elephant story is just too dreadful to mention.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 1

Eve was married to Jack?  Abigail caused her father's death?  Guess I have to Google DOOL history again!

How Abigail killed Jack:

1-Gabi was in love with Chad

2-Chad was with Melanie

3-Gabi hired a guy to pretend to stalk her to get sympathy from Chad

4-Fake stalker guy obsessed on Melanie and kidnapped her.

5-Gabi knew who had kidnapped Melanie but didn't tell anybody.

6-Stalker guy held Melanie in caverns under Salem

7-During the rescue attempt, there were explosions in the caverns that caused explosions up on the surface.

8-Abigail was in an elevator when an explosion caused the elevator to get stuck.

9-Jack pried open the elevator doors to get Abigail out, she escaped, but the elevator plummeted down the shaft and Jack died.

Does JJ know about his Grandfather Duke and His adopted Grandfather Harper Devereaux? He would lose it big time if he knew about their sordid history... I think that Xander might be Alex Kiriakis, he would not tell Nicole his last name....I hope that he is Alex and I want him to get in Will's face about his betrayal of his baby brother....Will is so stupid....Wow, he did not learn anything about manipulation and scheming from Lucas, Sami and Kate..If he wanted to humiliate Sparkle, he should have given the scoop to another reporter, it would keep his hands clean, when the fallout happens...

I kept yelling at the screen during the whole Jack rape reveal that JJ needed to know that both of his grandfathers were rapists.  (Don't forget that Bill Horton was a rapist, too).

A press release I saw said that Xander's last name is Cook, but that could be a fake name.

• Love 4

How Abigail killed Jack:

1-Gabi was in love with Chad

2-Chad was with Melanie

3-Gabi hired a guy to pretend to stalk her to get sympathy from Chad

4-Fake stalker guy obsessed on Melanie and kidnapped her.

5-Gabi knew who had kidnapped Melanie but didn't tell anybody.

6-Stalker guy held Melanie in caverns under Salem

7-During the rescue attempt, there were explosions in the caverns that caused explosions up on the surface.

8-Abigail was in an elevator when an explosion caused the elevator to get stuck.

9-Jack pried open the elevator doors to get Abigail out, she escaped, but the elevator plummeted down the shaft and Jack died.

I kept yelling at the screen during the whole Jack rape reveal that JJ needed to know that both of his grandfathers were rapists.  (Don't forget that Bill Horton was a rapist, too).

A press release I saw said that Xander's last name is Cook, but that could be a fake name.

Harper tried to kill Kayla causing her deafness...He was also a serial killer....I loved the Kayla deaf storyline and I loved Benji..The only good Dimera, it was short sighted of Days to kill off that character..He would have been a good addition to the show, plus he was deaf....It would have been good to have a character with a disability that does not get the miracle cure on soaps...lol Benji was the only good Dimera, even Lexie went to the dark side with the baby switching storyline  with Hope... Maybe Benji could have fallen in love with Stefanie...It would have been a good nod to history....

If I was writing the show, I would have the Dimera Brothers versus the Kiriakis brothers...Sparkle, Chad, Cameron, Benji as the Dimeras with Alex, Sonny, Joseph and Victor Jr. on the Kiriakis side.  While,Victor, Stefano, Philip, Brady Justin, EJ, Tony and  Peter as supporting players in their drama....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Thanks everyone for the Abigail/Jack history.  I don't generally like Abigail, but today I wondered if I'd like her better with someone other than Ben.  (I only started re-watching after a LONG hiatus last summer)

• Love 1

I could really get into a Nicole/Xander/Serena triangle. Both ladies are so much more interesting away from the douche and the bore, respectively. I think Xander not wanting to tell Nicole his last name means he is indeed Alex Kiriakis. With Higley geared to write for that family, I doubt they'd have a Xander and an Alex on at the same time.

Jackson is an idiot for even thinking about working things out with Will. How much more shit does that creature have to do before Jackson serves him with divorce papers?!? Hopefully outing Paul's paternity and the associated blackmail will be the final straw. I know Freddie & Guy get along really well and Freddie wants Jackson & Will together, but it makes Jackson look like a fool to keep giving an awful person like Will chance after chance after chance.

I'm not sure what GW was going for in that scene, but it looked like Will had been possessed by the demon that possessed his grandma.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I really liked Rob Wilson as Pete(y) Cortlandt on AMC, even though he was saddled with a bad pairing there too.

Rob Wilson should have been cast as Nicholas Almain. This part is all wrong for him.

• Love 2

Jackson is an idiot for even thinking about working things out with Will. How much more shit does that creature have to do before Jackson serves him with divorce papers?!?

I still think the show made a major mistake not doing more with Sonny's bankrupting him and Will.  In that case, I could see Sonny thinking, "You know, I made a major mistake and Will and I worked it out, now Will's made a major mistake, maybe we can work this out too."  But because it was dismissed with their usual one-day fight, I can't really support Will now using it as leverage.

• Love 3

I could really get into a Nicole/Xander/Serena triangle.

Jackson is an idiot for even thinking about working things out with Will. How much more shit does that creature have to do before Jackson serves him with divorce papers?!? Hopefully outing Paul's paternity and the associated blackmail will be the final straw. I know Freddie & Guy get along really well and Freddie wants Jackson & Will together, but it makes Jackson look like a fool to keep giving an awful person like Will chance after chance after chance.

I'm not sure what GW was going for in that scene, but it looked like Will had been possessed by the demon that possessed his grandma.

Jackson loves his husband....When you love somebody, you want to work things out..Plus Ari is a factor as well..Sonny knew Will was an idiot, when they got married, he should not be surprised by his antics..If Sami could take back EJ after all the things that he did to her, Sonny taking Will back is not that big of a deal..If you compare Will's misdeeds in comparison to the people of Salem, he is practically a saint...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

How did things shake down with Hope and Mr Lawyer?  Are they still together now or what?  I haven't seen the show in months...

Is Clyde still with Kate?  Or alive?  Or in Salem for that matter?

As for John and his current surprise, I really think they need to manoeuvre the character into "grandpa" -type stories.  He is waaay past his (limited) appeal as a leading man, and I feel like they aren't giving him anything age-appropriate to play.  And while I hate Marlena, I feel sorry for her....given what's about to come out, she's going to have to deal with MORE John drama.  And frankly, he isn't worth it.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Rob Wilson should have been cast as Nicholas Almain. This part is all wrong for him.

You are right about him being Nicholas..He could have been paired up with Abigail or Stefanie....This would be another nod to history due to Kayla's and Jennifer's dark history with Lawrence Alamain.. Lawrence raped Jennifer and he was responsible for Steve's death, until they retconned it as being another scheme by Stefano...I hated that they did that...Stefano being an all knowing villain made him a cartoon..They did the same thing with Hope, when Ernesto Toscano killed her and they made Stefano to be the one responsible for it...

• Love 1

I still think the show made a major mistake not doing more with Sonny's bankrupting him and Will.  In that case, I could see Sonny thinking, "You know, I made a major mistake and Will and I worked it out, now Will's made a major mistake, maybe we can work this out too."  But because it was dismissed with their usual one-day fight, I can't really support Will now using it as leverage.

While I agree they should have done more with the bankruptcy,I think inadvertently causing temporary financial is a totally different mistake than spreading your legs. And Jackson owned his mistake. Will spent weeks and is still blaming someone else when he is the one who broke his marital vows. Jackson's mistake is something to work through; Will's is not.

• Love 3

While I agree they should have done more with the bankruptcy,I think inadvertently causing temporary financial is a totally different mistake than spreading your legs. And Jackson owned his mistake. Will spent weeks and is still blaming someone else when he is the one who broke his marital vows. Jackson's mistake is something to work through; Will's is not.

I agree in part..Most couples divorce over financial problems and not just infidelity....They should have done more with their money situation. Even that was laughable because Will and Sonny are both connected to rich people..It would have been good to see Will go to Kate behind Sonny's back for money and that could have caused some marital strife....Instead they chose to do a stupid infidelity plot that makes no sense whatsoever...I could understand Will's erratic behavior, if Sonny had been the one who cheated....He is acting like the victim and it is off-putting...

• Love 2

I don't think I can wrap my brain around the revisionist history that Abby was blabbing today.  According to Abs, EJ used her dad's book as a way to get to her.  Really?  Was this also when they were discussing great art and literature which also happened on another show because all I remember is Miss Abigail throwing herself at EJ and that she was more than eager to be his mistress.

But I guess the writers want us to forget what actually happened and to just follow the feed in Abby's deluded little mind.

I swear the writers must think the audience are a bunch a goldfish that can't remember story from one day to the next. My name ain't Dory. I remember Abby throwing her stale cupcakes at EJ. I may need to fortify myself to watch this episode. I might have flames licking at the side of my face. 

Abifail didn't literally cause Jack's death. They were trapped in an elevator that was about to crash. Jack pried the door open long enough for Abifail to get out and then it crashed. If he hadn't bothered saving his worthless creature of a daughter he could have gotten out in time. 

I guess the opposite of what Beyonce says is true also. Sometime shit goes down when there is $1.00 on an elevator (meaning Abby, not Jack). 

• Love 5

Nicole and Xander are hot!  She needs to kick Dr. Tan to the curb, stat.  I hope they finally let Nicole have a man that's just hers and that she doesn't have to share with another woman or, in Eric's case, an institution.

I wish they'd recast Gabi if CB doesn't want to come back, and give her the airtime being devoted to Abigail.  I have zero interest in Abby or her crocodile tears.  This is someone who tried to destroy two marriages, one through stalking and gaslighting and the other through the man's children, and all she can think about is how she's been hurt?  Psychopath.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Thanks everyone for the Abigail/Jack history.  I don't generally like Abigail, but today I wondered if I'd like her better with someone other than Ben.  (I only started re-watching after a LONG hiatus last summer)

Abifail would be a useless vile piece of shit no matter who she's paired with.

• Love 9

I would rather Theresa get the boring twit's screen time.  They should bring back Chelsea and Stephanie along with Gabi.  Send Slappy, Mel, Racoon Jenn, and Dark Roast Dan out of Salem off my TV screen never to be heard from again.  JJ can move in with Lucas or Hope.

• Love 5

Nicole and Xander are hot!  She needs to kick Dr. Tan to the curb, stat.  I hope they finally let Nicole have a man that's just hers and that she doesn't have to share with another woman or, in Eric's case, an institution.

So true and the writers just threw some story potential right into the trash today. Instead of having Nicole accept the date and show up and find Serena and Eric and having the double date in awkward hell and watching DRAMA ENSUE, instead today we had Serena seeing Nicole and Xander in the cafe and joining them. WTF Tomsell?!? What a wasted opportunity. The potential of that double date had me licking my chops and all that went flying out the window today. Thanks Days. 

• Love 7

I wish they'd recast Gabi if CB doesn't want to come back, and give her the airtime being devoted to Abigail.  I have zero interest in Abby or her crocodile tears.  This is someone who tried to destroy two marriages, one through stalking and gaslighting and the other through the man's children, and all she can think about is how she's been hurt?  Psychopath.

Keep Gabi in jail...I don't need to see her..Wilson already have enough problems with Will's idiocy and Sparkle..They do not need Gabi coming back and causing more strife for them.I could see her wanting to take Ari away from them.They need to bring back Chelsea and Stefanie to reduce Abigail's screentime....They threw Stefanie under the bus for Melanie..Another reason to hate that Nancy Drew wannabee...

I  know that the show does not have big budgets like they did in the past..However, I think it would have been good for them to show Sonny and Paul's relationship through flashbacks...They could have filmed them in San Francisco meeting for the first time and everything that occurred between them until they broke up and went their separate ways...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have zero interest in Abby or her crocodile tears. This is someone who tried to destroy two marriages, one through stalking and gaslighting and the other through the man's children, and all she can think about is how she's been hurt? Psychopath.

Who did she go after, other than EJ?

• Love 1

Yay, Nicole, don't let Daniel win.  Tell him to shove it.

Serena and Xander slept together, huh?  I guess she really is a grifter. I had to laugh when Serena looked all put out that Nicole would dare to sit with Xander. I liked Zander's appraising look as Nicole walked away.  It's nice to see a guy appreciating Nicole.

I don't understand how Will thinks exposing Paul as a DiMera will get him out of town.  Or will make Sonny love him.

Damn, Tori, way to be rude.

• Love 4

She went after Austin...Carrie slapped the taste out of her mouth...lol Carrie always had knuckle skills..I loved that about her..She  should be on canvas...I always liked her, especially when she was a young lady helping John believed to be Roman take care of the twins....I always loved their bond and she never forgot that even after Roman came back....

• Love 7

She went after Austin.  One night when he was drunk and upset over Carrie (something having to do with Rafe, I think), Abigail made him think they slept together.  She then proceeded to stalk him for months all the while pretending to be Carrie's friend.  It was pretty sick.

Keep Gabi in jail...I don't need to see her..Wilson already have enough problems with Will's idiocy and Sparkle..They do not need Gabi coming back and causing more strife for them.I could see her wanting to take Ari away from them.

I never said I wanted her to cause strife for Will and Sonny.  Ari is Gabi's daughter, too, and she has every right to be a part of her life.

• Love 7

Ari is Gabi's daughter, too, and she has every right to be a part of her life.

This.  She's allowed to be an actual mother to her own daughter, not just the magical vessel for a WilSon baby.

• Love 7
She went after Austin...Carrie slapped the taste out of her mouth.

Which is another reason it is so ridiculous that Sami did not burn EJ and the pathetic side piece to the ground.  Sami had some knock down drag out fights with Carrie, Nicole, and Kate, but she's not allowed to beat the hell out of Slappy when she keeps showing up at Sami's home to pick a fight with her.

• Love 9

I  know that the show does not have big budgets like they did in the past..However, I think it would have been good for them to show Sonny and Paul's relationship through flashbacks...They could have filmed them in San Francisco meeting for the first time and everything that occurred between them until they broke up and went their separate ways...

...I'm not sure what the point would be.  We've seen some flashbacks, gotten some exposition about their relationship.  We don't need to see a step-by-step recreation of it.  You certainly wouldn't need to film it in San Francisco.

I'm actually more interested in them, if Sonny and Paul do get back together, dealing with how Paul now being out of the closet and the years they spent apart have changed things.  OLTL did a nice job of that with Kyle and Fish, with Kyle originally worried that they were both different people from when they dated in secret in college and that it wouldn't work and later, when they did get back together, Fish was concerned about not disappointing Kyle because he had never dated a man in the open.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

My goodness! I did not mean it like that...lol...

Oh, I don't necessarily mean you did, but I have seen fans out there who wanted Gabi to just hand over her baby to Will and Sonny and be all, "Bye!" about it.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind Gabi back actually- prison is making me like her. Today was such a pointless episode- no progress at all. Always nice to see Xanicole though. Also, Will looked evil today at the end- it ain't over. Maybe the long anticipated (by me) brawl will FINALLY happen!

• Love 2

Oh, I don't necessarily mean you did, but I have seen fans out there who wanted Gabi to just hand over her baby to Will and Sonny and be all, "Bye!" about it.

She was not their surrogate...She  has a right to be in Ari's life..I would not be surprised if she comes back wanting to take Ari from them, especially if she has fallen in love with somebody...That means Ari would  have 3 daddies...lol I wonder how the dynamic will be when Sonny and Sparkle get together..Will Will allow Ari to be around them?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Thanks so much for explaining Abby going after Austin -- wow, I had no idea EJ was just another committed notch on her bedpost.

There was also a time when Abifail basically pitted two guys (Chad and this other guy Cameron) against each other to see who would "win" and get to take her virginity.

• Love 3

No doubt; unfortunately, Shut Up Rafe seems to interpret this as a blanket right to insert his own empty-headed self into Will's relationship with Sonny. He needs to learn to mind his own knitting. (Then again, if people actually minded their own business on soaps -- especially this one -- the stories would probably dry up.)

• Love 3

Aww, I really am liking Xander and Nicole. Loved how he lightened up immediately after she showed up. He has a great smile. Lawd, had to fan myself when he was giving her the lustful once over as she walked away. Very nice. But I have to join some of you who have said that they hate the styling and haircut of Paul's new character. I preferred the thuggy thugness of Damon with his ponytail and leather jackets to Xander with his suits and slick back short do.

Xander Nicole was a nice palate cleanser after another go nowhere round of Dan and Nicole. I just can't anymore with that mess.

Oh, to be back in those halycon days when JJ hated Dan's guts.

The show trying to create a timeline with Xander and Serena made the whole story make even less sense. So Xan and Serena didn't even hook up and get into smuggling until after Eric left the Congo and went off to join the priesthood? So how the hell did Eric wind up with a Pier 1 elephant full of pop rocks? Explain that one?

Will looked like a dead eyed serial killer while hugging Sonny in that final scene at the end of the episode.

Someone needs to introduce Cole to shampoo.

Ben, Abby is the best thing that ever happened in your life? WOW your life with Clyde did suck

• Love 5

This is quite true and a little girl needs her mother, especially when she is going through her teen tears.  This is what I want for Theresa and Brady's baby--I want Theresa to embrace motherhood and to want to raise the baby right.  I do not want her to use the baby as a wedge between Mel and Brady because that is exactly what Mel/Maggie will expect her to do and I want to prove every Horton/Jonas wrong.

I also continue to be impressed by FS's acting ability and how he's brought so much depth to this cheating story line and his role of Sonny.  The man is very gifted and I hope he wins the Emmy :)

• Love 3
(edited)

There was also a time when Abifail basically pitted two guys (Chad and this other guy Cameron) against each other to see who would "win" and get to take her virginity.

Like anyone would believe that woman was a virgin. Edited by OnceSane
removed slut-shaming language
  • Love 5