Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

How is Paul the bad guy, here? He's not trying to break up a happy marriage. He sees a marriage that his falling apart, and is hoping that if it does fall apart, he can have another chance with Sonny?

Begging someone to dump their husband so they can be with you is pretty shitty. Sonny told him MULTIPLE times that he was married and had no interest in getting back together with him. Sparkle didn't know Will and Sonny were having problems, he's just arrogant and selfish enough to think Sonny could never move on and love someone else more than he loved him. I'm not sure, but I believe Sonny even specifically said he was happily married. Regardless, if someone tells you they're married and have no interest in you then you act like you have some dignity and self respect and move the fuck on. And even if Sparkle has been acting decent and honorable up until now, waiting on the sidelines eagerly hoping someone's marriage falls apart so you can swoop in like a vulture and claim your "prize" is pretty gross. If Sonny were a woman and Sparkle were straight I feel like some people would be yelling at the TV for Sonny to spray Sparkle with mace. Or maybe not. I don't know. What I do know is that I find Sparkle's behavior unseemly at best.

• Love 5

Not respecting boundaries is the status quo in Salem, so Paul still doesn't bother me. I'd probably think less of him if Will and Sonny were happily married, but if Will can't respect his own marriage, why should Paul?

• Love 10

Begging someone to dump their husband so they can be with you is pretty shitty. Sonny told him MULTIPLE times that he was married and had no interest in getting back together with him. Sparkle didn't know Will and Sonny were having problems, he's just arrogant and selfish enough to think Sonny could never move on and love someone else more than he loved him. I'm not sure, but I believe Sonny even specifically said he was happily married. Regardless, if someone tells you they're married and have no interest in you then you act like you have some dignity and self respect and move the fuck on. And even if Sparkle has been acting decent and honorable up until now, waiting on the sidelines eagerly hoping someone's marriage falls apart so you can swoop in like a vulture and claim your "prize" is pretty gross. If Sonny were a woman and Sparkle were straight I feel like some people would be yelling at the TV for Sonny to spray Sparkle with mace. Or maybe not. I don't know. What I do know is that I find Sparkle's behavior unseemly at best.

Now that Sparkle knows there are problems he should let the chips fall where they may. Regardless of what Sparkle or Sneasel do, it's still Sonny's decision and BOTH of them should be mindful of that.

If Sparkle made a sales pitch now, he's not really a bad guy, but I really had an issue with the ones he made before this.

Sparkles entitlement when it comes to Sonny bugs me to no end. The fact that he assumed Sonny would drop his husband for him was just unreal.

I don't really care what Sonny decides regarding Ari,but Sparkle knows these people have a kid and he's still waiting in the wings. And yes, Will should have thought about Ari before he cheated, but he's not the first person who's infidelity impacted the family unit.

Does Paul know AG is not biologically Sonny's? It's a huge assumption on my part, but I could see him using this fact in one of his sales pitches to get Sonny to ditch Will.

• Love 2

I don't really care what Sonny decides regarding Ari,but Sparkle knows these people have a kid and he's still waiting in the wings. And yes, Will should have thought about Ari before he cheated, but he's not the first person who's infidelity impacted the family unit.

So you're holding Paul to a higher standard re: Ari's family unit than Will?

• Love 1

You forgot Victor and Naggie, and a lot of people want Victor to dump Naggie.

Yeah, thanks, I forgot Victor and Maggie.  I guess they really are the only happily married couple.  Though there was a question about that when Victor tricked Marlena into outing Kristen and Eric.

We have all said that the cheating storyline should  have been for Sonny and not Will..That is why I hate the storyline for them...Will is so insecure, he would have never done anything this stupid to jeopardize his marriage to Sonny.

I took a break from the show, and missed Original SORASed Will, so it's different for me.  When I see Will acting childish and demanding and petulant, I remember a young Sami.  The difference I see is that Sami was smarter than Will, much quicker on her feet, and underneath her insecurity and jealousy, she had an innate sense of self that Will just doesn't have.  What they have in common (probably as a coping mechanism for their towering insecurity) is their conviction that they are always right, and that their first reaction when confronted is to start slinging justifications.  Will's justifications aren't well thought out; again, he isn't as smart as his mother. 

Will sleeping with Paul, in his mind, had nothing to do with Sonny.  Remember that first confrontation with Sonny, Will asked him if they couldn't just forget that it had happened.  That wasn't just about how self-centered and immature Will is, it shows that he has absolutely no business being in a relationship, let alone a marriage.  What did he say to Paul after Adrienne stormed out?  "If you hadn't stayed in Salem this wouldn't have happened!"  He has absolutely no ability to take responsibility. 

I don't see Sonny as the cheating type, even when Will was off chasing his dream in LA.  I think Will's insecurity makes it more believable that he would cheat.  I think Sonny is a loyal guy.

P.S.  Abigail looks so much better as a brunette!  She actually looked nice!

Edited by minirth
  • Love 3

I complain a lot about the writing for Wilson. The only thing that they did right by them is the fact that Arianna is Sonny's daughter just like Will's. So sparkle better be careful how he talks about her to Sonny. He might alienate him if he uses biology as a reason for Sonny to not have a relationship with her. She is her daddy period. Both her biological parents wanted Sonny to have a role in her life. I hope the show have Sonny adopt her to solidify his role as her other dad. Even if Wilson were to divorce, I dont see Sonny walking away from her.

I want sparkle to get with Sonny only to realize to his horror that he is a placeholder for Will and Arianna. Lol it would serve him right...If will is with someone else, it would be refreshing to see Sonny have some competition for Will. Will has had to contend with Brian, Brent and Paul.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
Begging someone to dump their husband so they can be with you is pretty shitty. Sonny told him MULTIPLE times that he was married and had no interest in getting back together with him. Sparkle didn't know Will and Sonny were having problems, he's just arrogant and selfish enough to think Sonny could never move on and love someone else more than he loved him. I'm not sure, but I believe Sonny even specifically said he was happily married.

I am not sure, but I think Sonny did eventually tell Paul he was married, but for most of the time, he used less specific terms.

I mean Paul now knows that Sonny and Will are having problems, not that he knew, before the whole reveal. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. That said, Sonny did kiss Paul (back) a couple of times, so Paul had reason to at least suspect that Sonny wasn't all in, before the affair reveal. And now, Paul has overheard Sonny's refusal to tell Will whether or not he just married him, because Paul didn't marry him in the past.

I don't see Sonny as the cheating type, even when Will was off chasing his dream in LA.  I think Will's insecurity makes it more believable that he would cheat.  I think Sonny is a loyal guy.

Despite what I said in the earlier post, I agree with you. Sonny is a very loyal guy. I just think if he had cheated, the cheating would have made more sense.  Sonny was pretty neglected by Will, for quite some time. Also, I just want this Will off the show, until they can find a decent recast. I miss Chandler Massey, but can't see him coming back. Still, there's gotta be someone better than GW.

P.S.  Abigail looks so much better as a brunette!  She actually looked nice!

Again, I agree. Her hair was darker when she first came on the show, then she lightened it. I think it looks so much better, with this darker shade. I do think she's a pretty girl, anyhow, though. Her big doe eyes are impossible. 

• Love 1

Serena & Nicole snipping at each other was actually funny. But the elephant story hasn't moved at all in over a month. This show has pacing issues in general, but the way the current (and fortunatly fired) writers have "paced" the elephant story is just embarrassing.

I think the elephant story comes to an end soon, or at least more of the truth about it comes out. I HOPE SO anyway. I don't like the story, but I love the chemistry between Serena and Eric.

The elephant statue story belongs on Pawn Shop, not a soap. It is truly the most pointless story on Days -but her and Greg Vaughan are hot. Her chemistry with Arianne Zucker is fun. She's energetic and sexy. A character in her age range was needed, too. She's not stiff like so many other Days newbies. She's clearly an experienced soap actress who has chemistry with her scene partners.

Fix it, Josh.

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 3

I'd probably think less of him if Will and Sonny were happily married, but if Will can't respect his own marriage, why should Paul?

Because Sparkle is supposed to be "good" and "noble" or whatever crap CS keeps saying in interviews.

• Love 3

Days and other soaps no longer have any balance.  There was a time when if someone interfered in another person's relationship or marriage, it would come back to bite them.  They might get what they wanted, but it wouldn't last, or somewhere down the line someone would do the same thing to them.

Now there are designated good characters who do the same thing the bad characters do, but they never face any consequences.  There are bad characters who are always wrong even when they haven't done anything wrong.  Then there are the characters who always win no matter what so any SL with them in it is predictable.

• Love 6

I'm totally enjoying the Sonny/Will/Paul storyline. Less when FS isn't on screen, but still enjoying it.  I'd take a thousand days of this storyline over snoozy Hope and Aiden or that damn elephant.

• Love 5

Sparkle and his badly acted mother are dead to me.  Paul tells his mom his side of the sordid Will mess, so she now knows that Sonny is married and then Paul admits that he plans on getting Sonny back and the first words out of her mouth are is he sure he wants to be with a man like Sonny.  WTF??!!

Is she in  someway insinuating that Sonny isn't good enough for Paul?  As if Sonny's being married shows his low moral character but meanwhile she has no problem with her own kid wanting to break up a relationship?  Are you kidding me with this?

Having seen the conversation between Paul and his mother - maybe you missed some of the lines she had? She was unambiguous in her disapproval of her son's actions.

Upon hearing that Sonny is married, the first thing she said was that Sonny needs to respect his vows and so does Paul. Later in the conversation she said that it would be wrong for Paul to steal someone else's happiness. At that point Paul explained about how Will and Sonny aren't happy after all and about the affair. When she was done boggling over Paul sleeping with Sonny's husband, she reiterated that Paul shouldn't interfere, that Sonny must love Will since he married him - but if that actually isn't true, then would Paul really want to be with a man like that, i.e., a man who would get married not loving the person he's marrying. Which is a valid enough point. And I don't think she would have made it at all if Paul hadn't indicated to her that he makes a moral distinction between types of marriages (happy vs. unhappy) and that he's thinking Sonny married Will only because he didn't have Paul - so, she was trying to reason with him and make an argument that might work with him since he thinks breaking up an unhappy/loveless marriage is fine. But she herself was pretty adamant that she believes interfering with any kind of marriage is wrong regardless of circumstance.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 7

Having seen the conversation between Paul and his mother - maybe you missed some of the lines she had? She was unambiguous in her disapproval of her son's actions.

No I watched the whole thing, and maybe its how poorly the actress played it, but it didn't seem to me that Paul's mom was that disapproving of her son't actions.  If my mom had found out my intentions to help destroy a marriage, she'd be reading me the riot act that she taught me better than to be "the other woman."  I wasn't getting any sense of disapproval from her.

• Love 4

Could someone explain to me, like I am Brady, the appeal of pursuing and getting someone else's spouse or significant other? 

When they write the interloper as being obsessed, completely selfish, or pathetic with low self-esteem, that helps fill in some of the blanks.  However, all these people that chase after someone who is taken, declaring they don't care if someone else gets hurt, and then the writers try to pretend they are a good person, it baffles me.

Then when they talk about how smart or capable the interloper is, I'm like, "No, if they were intelligent, they wouldn't be pursing someone who is taken, and then whining when things go badly."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

No I watched the whole thing, and maybe its how poorly the actress played it, but it didn't seem to me that Paul's mom was that disapproving of her son't actions.  If my mom had found out my intentions to help destroy a marriage, she'd be reading me the riot act that she taught me better than to be "the other woman."  I wasn't getting any sense of disapproval from her.

I definitely didn't think Sparkle's mother tried hard enough to persuade him to leave Sonny and Will alone. Her reaction didn't match the seriousness of the situation. And it can't be said enough how bad this actress is. Once she gets exposed as a lying liar who lies and kept her son from his bio father I hope she leaves town and never comes back. There's no reason why this newbie character needs both his parents on screen, especially when both of them are portrayed by subpar actors.

• Love 3

I'm totally enjoying the Sonny/Will/Paul storyline. Less when FS isn't on screen, but still enjoying it.  I'd take a thousand days of this storyline over snoozy Hope and Aiden or that damn elephant.

I have to say that I have to congratulate the show for portraying 3 gay men in a love triangle. Including a gay man of color. I don't think this would have been possible 10 years ago for us to see sex scenes and kissing scenes between men. I was so sure that Wilson was going to be put on the back burner after they got married, only to appear occasionally as window dressing on the show. I am happy that I was wrong. I remember how Luke and Noah got marginalized years ago on as the world turns. I am happy that was not the case for Wilson.

• Love 4

Well, I won't defend the acting - I don't think she's as terrible as others do, but that's subjective. But the dialogue was clear:

Tori: He's married?

Paul: Yes, but he only married this person because he thought that I was -

Tori: That does not matter, Paul. You need to let this go. He's a married man? He made vows. He needs to honor them, and so do you.

It's certainly far better than anything I heard anyone not named Sami say to or about Abifail when her affair with EJ was exposed.

• Love 4

I don't think the actor playing Paul's mother is any great talent, but she was better today than she's been.  Sparkle is a bigger problem for me.  The actor isn't bad, but the character.....

I don't think Sparkle has enough on the ball (pun intended) to actually be planning anything very underhanded.  I also think the guy is as phony as a three dollar bill and even more shallow.  He has no problem zeroing in on Sneasel's infidelity but he seems to have no problem letting what he did to Sonny slide right off his back.  He made Sonny live in the shadows - something Sonny only did because of the depth of his feeling for him.  No problem for Sparkle.  He can be out in public with his Certs breathmint smile and some woman on his arm, secure knowing that Sonny was waiting in secret back in his hotel room.  And now that his career is over he's going to pursue the man he "loved".   Pardon me for being underwhelmed.  If he'd actually ever risked anything for Sonny, I might have more empathy.  Got nothin'.

He's been a sheltered celebrity, living in a bubble, and as a consequence I think he feels entitled and at the same time has a lot of growing up to do.  Right now, it's all about him, about how Sonny can make HIM feel.  I've yet to hear one thought from him about Sonny that shows him to be thinking about Sonny's best interests.  Paul wants what he wants when he wants it.  And all this adulation for his coming out, not impressed there either.   I'm much more impressed by the people who have lived as themselves, not in the shadows and taken all the knocks that come with being an honest human being.  I'm not much for worshiping celebrities for doing what most of us schmucks have been doing all our lives.

I'm not siding with Sneasel either, so don't get me wrong.  IMO, Sonny should get Victor to get one of Stephano's doctors to bring that hunky thug of Victor's back to life.  Now that's a dessert Sonny deserves!

So I guess Aiden is turned on by Hope's Cop Voice.  Which means we'll be seeing the wind machines in action again.  

I just can't with Jawn.  What a pompous blowhard he is, no matter what.  And him being a cop again.....at his age he really should be greeting people at Walmart.  Now he's coaching Little League too?  What's next?  Is Abe going to pursue his life-long dream and finally get to strut his stuff on the runway at Fashion Week?   Is Maggie going to start up that phone sex business she's been hankering after?  Oh, Show, please.......

I know the Elephant storyline is really trying people's nerves.  What's annoying me even more is our own Little Bo Peep Dan pursing his lips and saying No,, No, Miss Nicole, I really mustn't!  I'm wearing the Golden Circle of Virginity ring and keeping myself for my true love".  Horsecrap.  How about Show at least be honest and tell us that the real reason he's turning down Nicole's nookie offers because his parts were recalled for defects?  Even those little blue pills aren't working.  And that's his punishment for getting with Jenn.  She can kill ALL human desire.

Speaking of human desire, I cannot buy that Serena is actually interested in the box of hair, Eric.  

• Love 3

So you're holding Paul to a higher standard re: Ari's family unit than Will?

Not really. All I'm trying to imply is that the WilSon relationship is more complex. It's not just a case of Sonny leaving Will. Paul finding out about Ari hasn't changed his desire to get Sonny back, but I think that's naive of him. I think it's more difficult for interlopers to get between marriages with kids even ones where infidelity has occurred.

Personally, I don't think Paul can compete with Ari, but Sonny didn't even say bye to her, so who knows? Sonny can do what he wants as long as Ari stays with Will. Sonny is the equivalent to Rafe for me. He shouldn't come back because of the kid, but Will doesn't owe him any visitation either.

Paul doesn't have to care about Ari, but he should let Will and Sonny sort stuff out first because there is more going on here.

• Love 2

Could someone explain to me, like I am Brady, the appeal of pursuing and getting someone else's spouse or significant other?

When they write the interloper as being obsessed, completely selfish, or pathetic with low self-esteem, that helps fill in some of the blanks. However, all these people that chase after someone who is taken, declaring they don't care if someone else gets hurt, and then the writers try to pretend they are a good person, it baffles me.

Then when they talk about how smart or capable the interloper is, I'm like, "No, if they were intelligent, they wouldn't be pursing someone who is taken, and then whining when things go badly."

Just like with Abby we are all supposed to be falling at Paul's feet, it seems like. His portrayer says he's good and honorable and noble, so I guess that should be enough for us to support him on his quest.

I've said before that I dislike Paul from his prior persistence with Sonny, but I predict he will not stop even after Sonny comes back and makes a decision.

• Love 2

I definitely didn't think Sparkle's mother tried hard enough to persuade him to leave Sonny and Will alone. Her reaction didn't match the seriousness of the situation. And it can't be said enough how bad this actress is. Once she gets exposed as a lying liar who lies and kept her son from his bio father I hope she leaves town and never comes back. There's no reason why this newbie character needs both his parents on screen, especially when both of them are portrayed by subpar actors.

Sparkle's mother was allegedly taping the other week so I suppose we will see more of her-hopefully in smaller doses.

I can't take Sparkle as a character because it feels like there is an awful lot of propping for him. It's like when the show expected us to side with Abby over Sami like she was some new heroine. Now Paul is some noble dude trying to recapture his past love.

Will could sleep with half of Salem and I would never drop him to side with this newbie.

• Love 3

I don't think the actor playing Paul's mother is any great talent, but she was better today than she's been. Sparkle is a bigger problem for me. The actor isn't bad, but the character.....

I don't think Sparkle has enough on the ball (pun intended) to actually be planning anything very underhanded. I also think the guy is as phony as a three dollar bill and even more shallow. He has no problem zeroing in on Sneasel's infidelity but he seems to have no problem letting what he did to Sonny slide right off his back. He made Sonny live in the shadows - something Sonny only did because of the depth of his feeling for him. No problem for Sparkle. He can be out in public with his Certs breathmint smile and some woman on his arm, secure knowing that Sonny was waiting in secret back in his hotel room. And now that his career is over he's going to pursue the man he "loved". Pardon me for being underwhelmed. If he'd actually ever risked anything for Sonny, I might have more empathy. Got nothin'.

He's been a sheltered celebrity, living in a bubble, and as a consequence I think he feels entitled and at the same time has a lot of growing up to do. Right now, it's all about him, about how Sonny can make HIM feel. I've yet to hear one thought from him about Sonny that shows him to be thinking about Sonny's best interests. Paul wants what he wants when he wants it. And all this adulation for his coming out, not impressed there either. I'm much more impressed by the people who have lived as themselves, not in the shadows and taken all the knocks that come with being an honest human being. I'm not much for worshiping celebrities for doing what most of us schmucks have been doing all our lives.

I'm not siding with Sneasel either, so don't get me wrong. IMO, Sonny should get Victor to get one of Stephano's doctors to bring that hunky thug of Victor's back to life. Now that's a dessert Sonny deserves!

So I guess Aiden is turned on by Hope's Cop Voice. Which means we'll be seeing the wind machines in action again.

I just can't with Jawn. What a pompous blowhard he is, no matter what. And him being a cop again.....at his age he really should be greeting people at Walmart. Now he's coaching Little League too? What's next? Is Abe going to pursue his life-long dream and finally get to strut his stuff on the runway at Fashion Week? Is Maggie going to start up that phone sex business she's been hankering after? Oh, Show, please.......

I know the Elephant storyline is really trying people's nerves. What's annoying me even more is our own Little Bo Peep Dan pursing his lips and saying No,, No, Miss Nicole, I really mustn't! I'm wearing the Golden Circle of Virginity ring and keeping myself for my true love". Horsecrap. How about Show at least be honest and tell us that the real reason he's turning down Nicole's nookie offers because his parts were recalled for defects? Even those little blue pills aren't working. And that's his punishment for getting with Jenn. She can kill ALL human desire.

Speaking of human desire, I cannot buy that Serena is actually interested in the box of hair, Eric.

Sparkle expects Sonny to fall into line because he has finally decided he is ready to have a relationship. Dude is selfish with a huge ego.

Sonny has given him hints of a possible reunion with those chicken-fried-steak eyes, but since Sonny said no he should have respected that.

Now things are different, and I actually want Sonny to get back with Paul to see how good it is. I'm sure Paul will still want to call the shots, so I would love to see Sonny go back to that.

• Love 1

I would not put Sonny in the same category as Rafe. Sonny was considered a co-parent to Arianna from the moment she was born by her parents. He has been financially responsible for her as well. Sonny is the head of the household and that is an awesome responsibility. It is not going to be easy for him to walk away from Ari. Will teaches Ari to call Sonny daddy. Whereas Rafe, was always a stepparent to Sydney, Johnny and Allie because Lucas and EJ were active participants in their children's lives. Rafe had more of a father role with baby Grace when he was raising her with Sami after Nicole had switched her with Sydney...Sonny and Rafe are not in the same boat when it comes to their spouses' children...Sonny cannot legally take away Ari from Will, but, he has a moral right to see her. I don't think Will would keep her from him.. I would like the show to resolve this by having Sonny formally adopt Arianna Grace..Even though there is a custody agreement by the parents giving Sonny guardianship of Ari if they die. I don't think that would be enough to protect Sonny,  in case a blood relative of Ari wants to get custody of her.

Edited by Apprentice79

Sparkle expects Sonny to fall into line because he has finally decided he is ready to have a relationship. Dude is selfish with a huge ego.

Sonny has given him hints of a possible reunion with those chicken-fried-steak eyes, but since Sonny said no he should have respected that.

Now things are different, and I actually want Sonny to get back with Paul to see how good it is. I'm sure Paul will still want to call the shots, so I would love to see Sonny go back to that.

I don't think Sonny would go back to that type of relationship with Sparkle. Too much has happened to Sonny for him to revert back to type of relationship. Sonny is his own man with responsibilities. I think when Paulson reunites, they will be miserable together because their time in the sun has passed. Sometimes the fantasy is much better than the reality...Plus, Sonny is in love with Will and not Paul. Paul would be foolish to get back together so soon with him after he breaks up with Will...He would only get hurt in the long run....

Edited by Apprentice79

I would not put Sonny in the same category as Rafe. Sonny was considered a co-parent to Arianna from the moment she was born by her parents. He has been financially responsible for her as well. Sonny is the head of the household and that is an awesome responsibility. It is not going to be easy for him to walk away from Ari. Will teaches Ari to call Sonny daddy. Whereas Rafe, was always a stepparent to Sydney, Johnny and Allie because Lucas and EJ were active participants in their children's lives. Rafe had more of a father role with baby Grace when he was raising her with Sami after Nicole had switched her with Sydney...Sonny and Rafe are not in the same boat when it comes to their spouses' children...Sonny cannot legally take away Ari from Will, but, he has a moral right to see her. I don't think Will would keep her from him.. I would like the show to resolve this by having Sonny formally adopt Arianna Grace..Even though there is a custody agreement by the parents giving Sonny guardianship of Ari if they die. I don't think that would be enough to protect Sonny, in case a blood relative of Ari wants to get custody of her.

I agree with the points you have raised about Sonny's contribution to raising Ari, but the fact is that he has the same legal standing as Rafe in that he is a step-parent. I have no doubt that Will would let him see her, but depending on what happens Will is under no obligation to raise her jointly with him in terms of his custody agreement with Gabi.

I would like to see Sonny with Sparkle and Will with someone else, just so I would be able to see how their relationship changes and how Sonny deals with the possibility of being replaced.

Sami didn't have to get permission from Rafe when she moved the kids to LA. Just like Sami got permission from Lucas, Will just has to check with Gabi and Rafe.

Ins as much as Sonny has raised Ari from birth, she already has two parents. Gabi is just unable to play an active role because she is in prison. Lucas was offscreen in Hong Kong and Rafe still wasn't able to take over.

• Love 1

If you're talking about Paul pursuing Sonny, IMO it's about love lost...and trying to regain it. If not for the fact that Paul was afraid to come out (as with MANY actors and athletes), Paul & Sonny would have been married. And most of all, let's not forget that Paul had ZERO knowledge of Sonny's marriage in the beginning. And of course now that everything's out in the open, Paul still sees a chance of rekindling that love because Sonny no longer trusts Will, which for most people means the end of a relationship. It's not about "getting" or winning, it's about love and all the emotion behind it.

• Love 4

Right now, it's all about him, about how Sonny can make HIM feel.  I've yet to hear one thought from him about Sonny that shows him to be thinking about Sonny's best interests.  Paul wants what he wants when he wants it.

I like how Sparkle just completely ignores the fact that getting a divorce would be painful and devastating for Sonny. Sparkle supposedly loves him but he doesn't care about Sonny hurting if it means he can get him back.

I would like to see Sonny with Sparkle and Will with someone else, just so I would be able to see how their relationship changes and how Sonny deals with the possibility of being replaced.

If Sonny and Sparkle get back together I hope it only lasts for like two weeks. Sparkle's smug, stank, superior attitude about "winning" Sonny will rival Abifail's and I don't think I can deal with that for an extended period of time.

• Love 5

It's interesting that there is so much discussion about Sonny not saying goodbye to or anything about Ari, when I'm pretty sure the story was hastily re-written to accommodate FS' s temp exit.

As for a divorce being painful for Sonny, yes it would be but maybe Sonny no longer wants to be married to Will. Why would he? Will is a horrible husband; I don't see how or why Sonny would ever trust him again. I hate this idea that Sonny & Will have to be together forever and can't go their separate ways for good. The vast majority of straight characters have multiple "soulmates", and the gays shouldn't be any different.

• Love 7

It's interesting that there is so much discussion about Sonny not saying goodbye to or anything about Ari, when I'm pretty sure the story was hastily re-written to accommodate FS' s temp exit.

As for a divorce being painful for Sonny, yes it would be but maybe Sonny no longer wants to be married to Will. Why would he? Will is a horrible husband; I don't see how or why Sonny would ever trust him again. I hate this idea that Sonny & Will have to be together forever and can't go their separate ways for good. The vast majority of straight characters have multiple "soulmates", and the gays shouldn't be any different.

I agree in theory with your post. However, they were not allowed to have a bit of happiness, before the contrivance that is Paul Narita slithered into town.... I loved Bo with Hope, Carly and Billie because each relationship  was unique and respectful to the history of the characters... Each woman entered Bo's life at different stages in his life....It was organic therefore much more beautiful. Whereas Wilson's problems make no sense whatsoever...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

If you're talking about Paul pursuing Sonny, IMO it's about love lost...and trying to regain it. If not for the fact that Paul was afraid to come out (as with MANY actors and athletes), Paul & Sonny would have been married. And most of all, let's not forget that Paul had ZERO knowledge of Sonny's marriage in the beginning. And of course now that everything's out in the open, Paul still sees a chance of rekindling that love because Sonny no longer trusts Will, which for most people means the end of a relationship. It's not about "getting" or winning, it's about love and all the emotion behind it.

I like how Sparkle just completely ignores the fact that getting a divorce would be painful and devastating for Sonny. Sparkle supposedly loves him but he doesn't care about Sonny hurting if it means he can get him back.

If Sonny and Sparkle get back together I hope it only lasts for like two weeks. Sparkle's smug, stank, superior attitude about "winning" Sonny will rival Abifail's and I don't think I can deal with that for an extended period of time.

Playing in traffic makes more sense than getting in the middle of a marriage in trouble.  If Sonny and Will were dating, I still think it would be a sleazy thing to do, but that scenario is a bit more elastic.  Marriage is a no-go zone IMO - and even more so since he had sex with the cheating husband.  I don't see any "love lost" as much as "I want something to do" with Sparkle.  Not knowing about Sonny or his marriage makes no sense.   He didn't google him during all the down times between games and his fake dates?   I know that's what Show wants us to think, but Show needs to catch up with the times.

IMO Sparkle is as lacking in emotional maturity as Wiill, he's just exhibiting it in a different fashion.  And thing is, as little regard as I have for Sneasel currently, Sonny DID have enough regard, and love to marry the guy.  Sparkle needs to stand back and just gaze longingly in the mirror until those two resolve things one way or another.   

• Love 7

So Paul makes a "moral distinction" between happy and unhappy marriages? And he was in the process of saying "[sonny] only married [Won't] because he thought I ..."

Wow -- it turns out SparkleVision gives Paul all sorts of wonderful insight into things that are none of your damn business, bitch. Christopher Sean needs to stop saying how noble his character is.

Deciding the state of someone else's marriage is foolishness, but declaring someone else's spouse a second-best also-ran in comparison to yourself is the ugliest kind of selfishness. Sonny's lucky to be away from him.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7

Ideally the show would bring in some on else worthy of Jackson and his amazing hair while Will & Paul both got the eff off my screen (with Ari staying with Jackson). But as a Jackson fan, if his only choices are Will and Paul, I chose Paul. Yes, his now trying to break up a marriage Ian cool, but if it hadn't been for Will there wouldn't be a cracked marriage for Paul to try and break. Will is the one who left Salem. Wil is the one who didn't return Jackson's calls, Will is the one who took off his wedding, Will is the one who spread his legs, Will is the one who lied to his husband, and Will is the one making endless excuses and blaming everyone but himself. This ish is all on Will.

As for Paul not goggle-ing or doing any research on Jackson or Will, the show and every show asks us to suspend belief when it comes to technology. 90% of the plots on any soapy show couldn't happen if people used basic tech.

And as for CS claiming is noble, I pretty much disregard what the actors on this show and pretty much every show say about their characters'. I get that actors have to work through their chsracters' actions and make sense of usually non-sensical writing, but at the end of the day it usually doesn't match with what actually shows up on screen. I don't think Paul is a bad guy, but he definitely isn't noble.

• Love 2

I agree with this.  I think there may be something to the premise that Sonny married Will because he couldn't marry Paul.  I don't think it's that simple, of course, and I do think he loved Will but Sonny's never said that he no longer has feelings for Paul. 

I must be a victim of the Sparkle Magic because he totally has me charmed and I don't find him smarmy or selfish or anything.  True, he's not taking Will's feelings into account very much but Will is the one that's fucked things up all around.  Paul's backed off every time Sonny gave him a definite "stop" but other times Sonny's all about the lingering glances and unfinished sentences...

• Love 7

I have to say that I have to congratulate the show for portraying 3 gay men in a love triangle. Including a gay man of color. I don't think this would have been possible 10 years ago for us to see sex scenes and kissing scenes between men. I was so sure that Wilson was going to be put on the back burner after they got married, only to appear occasionally as window dressing on the show. I am happy that I was wrong. I remember how Luke and Noah got marginalized years ago on as the world turns. I am happy that was not the case for Wilson.

I definitely do give the show credit for treating Will and Sonny like any other couple, putting them in frontburner story, putting their story in the promos, etc.  Especially when you compare them to the gays on "General Hospital", who show up every four to six weeks to be cute slash shirtless for five minutes before disappearing again.

But I have always thought that "Days" pats themselves a tiny bit too hard on the back about their gay storytelling since they were content to sit back and let the other soaps like ATWT, OLTL, and AMC kick in a lot of those doors.  It's not as super brave to show gay characters on television in 2015 as it was in 2007, you know?  The whole television landscape has changed.

As for Paul, I guess I'll continue to sit at the minority table because I don't think he's nearly as evil and calculating and obsessive and hates babies as a lot of you do.

• Love 6

Speaking of Gays on other shows, I loved Kish on one life to live..They were so awesome and three-dimensional characters..They were not treated as Saints just because they are part of a minority group ...Ron is a hack on General hospital now. However, he got those two right. I also loved Bette and Tina from the L word...Those two were hot..They were trashed as well with out of character behavior just like Wilson...Bette/Tina remind me so much of Will and Sonny...

• Love 2

Sonny is the only character I like in this triangle.  When Sonny returns to Salem, I hope he tells Will that he was visiting Sami and the children.  Sami was very understanding and knew just how Sonny felt.  Sonny wishes he had been more supportive of Sami before she left Salem.  Sonny tells Will he is not sure about their marriage anymore because he doesn't believe Will wants to be married, or knows how to be in a committed relationship.  He will think about working on their problems, but he needs a lot more effort from Will than he has been getting, starting with Will accepting reponsibility for what he did.  Then Sonny tells Paul to pound sand, Paul had his chance, and unlike Paul and Will, Sonny knows how to respect his marriage vows, and someone else's relationship.

• Love 6

As for a divorce being painful for Sonny, yes it would be but maybe Sonny no longer wants to be married to Will. Why would he? Will is a horrible husband; I don't see how or why Sonny would ever trust him again.

Whatever happens between Will and Sonny is their business, not Sparkles. If Sonny no longer wants to be married to Will that's HIS choice and Sparkle doesn't get to just swoop in and tell Sonny how he [sonny] feels about Will and that Sonny could never love Will as much as him. What kind of egomaniac does that? Aside from Will cheating, Sparkle doesn't know a damn thing about their relationship so he needs to STFU and sit down.

Yes, his now trying to break up a marriage Ian cool, but if it hadn't been for Will there wouldn't be a cracked marriage for Paul to try and break.

And if Sparkle hasn't been selfish enough to expect Sonny to go back in the closet for him maybe they would still be together right now and Will wouldn't even be a factor.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Hates babies? Doubtful. But it takes some stones to decide that the non-cheating spouse in a marriage should be ready to leave that marriage for you, the co-cheater, albeit an unknowing one. Sonny may indeed have some lingering feelings for Paul; it looks to me like they're nostalgia, as much as anything. Even if Sonny regrets marrying Won't, I don't think Sparkle Paul's behaviour indicates either that he would be a better partner for or that he even loves Sonny anyway. I just don't see how being with Paul would be an improvement for Sonny.

• Love 4

I guess I just think there's more dramatic potential with Sonny being with Paul, even if it's for a little while, than going right back to the Wilson status quo.  The show shouldn't pull back like they did with Sonny and Brian during the brief Will/Sonny split when Sonny found out Gabi was pregnant with Will's baby.

• Love 5

They could have Sonny divorce Sneasel, and not go be with Sparkle.  Sonny could move on and forward, and leave both Will and Paul in the past while still being a father to Ari.

I know AS wanted more time with her family, and she wasn't enjoying playing Sami anymore, but I would have loved seeing Sami burn EJ to the ground, get back together with Rafe, EJ being angry that Sami had dumped him again, Slappy having to realize she was nothing but an easy convenient lay, and that EJ's Sami obsession never goes away.

Jordan was boring for most of her time on the show, but her reaction to Rafe's cheating, breaking up with him, and then breaking up with Chad because she didn't like his behavior either, was excellent.  A woman putting her self-esteem and well being over having a man rarely happens on this show.

• Love 7

It took Serena 2 seconds to check for the secret compartment on that stupid elephant once she got back to her room. Why didn't she do that at Daniel's apartment instead of looking at them for 5 minutes before randomly stuffing one in her bag. I'm sick of the elephant.

• Love 9

I guess I just think there's more dramatic potential with Sonny being with Paul, even if it's for a little while, than going right back to the Wilson status quo.  The show shouldn't pull back like they did with Sonny and Brian during the brief Will/Sonny split when Sonny found out Gabi was pregnant with Will's baby.

I think that they will explore Paulson. I want Will to have somebody as well..I don't want him on the sidelines watching Paul with Sonny. Will should be alone for a bit to suffer the consequences of his actions. He took Sonny for granted and broke his marriage vows. I want Paulson to get together for a while, just so that it can backfire on Paul..I want him to realize that he is Sonny's second choice and not Will...I want Will to grow from this experience and become a better man,son, father and husband.

I don't understand why Lucas is helping Will with this scheme to get Paul out of town. He should have tried to reason with him. Will is  the problem in his marriage and not Paul..I wish that Will had somebody to tell him the ugly truth about himself..All of his life, he has had  people enable him and I include Sonny in this as well..I think it might be guilt on Lucas' part for using him as a pawn in his many wars against Sami...They really did a number on him..I remember Chandler's Will telling Sonny that he always moving around from one location to the next, due to his parents many wars...He never really had a home.  There was a fragility and sadness with Chandler's Will and I can see why Sonny wanted to take care of him and love him... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I want Will to grow up and become a better man and loving husband, too; I just think Sparkle Paul is irrelevant to that story. And I don't think Sonny needs to renew a relationship with Paul to realize he's outgrown him. If one of the weaknesses in Won't's relationship with Sonny comes from their different levels of romantic experience, Sonny would be trading somebody who perhaps wasn't ready to be married for someone who wasn't prepared to be in any kind of relationship. Sure, Sparkle Paul's had (presumably) more bed partners, but he's only ever been in a relationship -- or, rather, part of one -- with Sonny.

For the record, I think the show should treat its gay characters just as much as story-fodder as it does its straight characters; I just don't want any characters to have stories that don't make sense. (Including Serena's single-handed rescue of Pier One from financial ruin, or whatever the bloody hell's going on there.)

• Love 5

I do miss Sonny.

I finally watched yesterday's episode (well, only the Will/Paul clips..) and lol, Paul and Will both are annoying me. How does Paul know where they live? Also, stop talking like you know anything about Sonny and Will's marriage, you don't. And oh Will, going for blackmail, you just look ridicolous going up to a stranger and you are the one causing problems in your own marriage Mr. Horton, none else is.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 4

I wonder what Melissa A thinks about her character's elephant statue story. Anyone who has acted on daytime for long enough has had lame stories, but.......

Speaking of lame, Paul's mother adds NOTHING to the show. She is completely devoid of charisma and talent.

I know this all sounds whiny, but my patience with DAYS is running low. I haven't been this bored by the show in years. Even characters I love and root for are putting me to sleep. :(((

What's going on at GH? Just kidding. I am not that desperate. Yet.

• Love 3

If and when Wilson do get back together. I would like Sonny to drive story instead of reacting to Will's latest crisis. I think Freddie has proven with this storyline that he is a leading man. I would like him to get involve with the kiriakis side of business with his 3 brothers. It would be cool to see their dynamic with Justin, Adrienne, Brady and Victor. Perhaps, Sonny gets involved with some shady business that threatens his family and he has to go all Kiriakis on somebody...Sonny needs to be a bit darker..Not EJ dark, but just enough to make him more interesting and cause conflict with Will....Sparkle should be a Dimera, since these writers lack imagination he will be John's son..It would be cool to see him at odds with Sonny because of Dimera/Kiriakis conflict....

• Love 5