Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Does Kate not have Stefan programmed into her phone?

1 hour ago, hielandfoodie said:

New Gabi story stinks!

I have a theory on why Gabi has been stuck in prison for what seems like 423 years: budget. We all know the show is strapped for cash. So maybe they had to cut the wardrobe budget, and poor Gabi drew the short straw. No more Gabi Chic looks for Julie's favorite murderess! No, siree! Instead Gabi will only be seen in prison denim until they can dismantle one of the three sets they're currently using in order to afford a few short, tight dresses.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vince1178 said:

Does Kate not have Stefan programmed into her phone?

I have a theory on why Gabi has been stuck in prison for what seems like 423 years: budget. We all know the show is strapped for cash. So maybe they had to cut the wardrobe budget, and poor Gabi drew the short straw. No more Gabi Chic looks for Julie's favorite murderess! No, siree! Instead Gabi will only be seen in prison denim until they can dismantle one of the three sets they're currently using in order to afford a few short, tight dresses.

It does have to do with money, and more importantly, the actors guarantees. Having her in jail was an easy way to keep her off the canvas for a bit since they were using her almost 3-4 times a week at the start of the year for the quad that completely disappeared since those other actors involved have 1-2 week. CB only has a 2.5 guarantee, similar to Chandler's suspected contract. Thus, why they slowed Gabi down and started to pick up Will's story since he was barely appearing at the first of the year. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 4

I hate the Theresa, Eve, Brady dynamic. It's not even a triangle at this point. It was just sisters fighting over a man that honestly is not worth it.  I think Brady needs to be rested for a while, and frankly I'm shocked JL came back for this arc since she prefers playing a more innocent and saintly Theresa. Seems like she's just there to cause trouble and angst for between the barely there Eve/Brady relationship. The Sonny, Will, Paul triangle is the only triangle they're doing right by imo. Regardless what pairing you are for, we are actually seeing Will's pull to Sonny balanced with Will's very real new feelings for Paul. It's been a slow road but once the "triangle" starts the investment is going to be there. 

Lucas and Chole are the same deal. They never worked in the past and there's no investment. We're being told how to feel about them. If Phillip came back Lucas would be kicked to the curb. I'd rather Lucas with someone new since I adore him and want him happy; I'm still kind of bitter I didn't get my Lumi HEA after YEARS of TPTB building them up and tearing them back down.

John/Marlena and Paul/Will reunion was great. It's clear Will and Paul are in love on both sides. I did love Will talking to Marlena earlier about getting his memories back. I don't think this drug is going to work, or in the end it will be "too risky", since I believe he's going to get them back organically when he least suspects it. It would be more angsty to have Paul worry about Will's memories coming back, helping him get them, Will taking the formula and Paul suspecting to be dumped only for it not to work or perhaps it does and Will stays with him, for now. I don't see Paul being brushed aside in all of this at all.

• Love 11

Xander does like to parade around shirtless. If he's the new CEO, would he wear a shirt to board meetings?

Jeez, Lucas, you can't wait one day for Chloe to de-stress before asking her out on a date?

That was funny how Paul awkwardly dragged Will off from John and Marlena.

Wow, Ciara, that was cold. And mean.

As much as I like Theresa, I'm looking forward to the blowback to her leaving Chloe to rot.  I would like to see Chloe and Eve teaming up to take Theresa down.

"Please take me home"? Er, aren't they already home?

• Love 6
(edited)

I am enjoying snarky shit-stirring Xander, although we might be nearing Ford Brothers on OLTL overkill levels on the shirtlessness.  Ask me about the time one of the Fords deshirted to lay across a picnic bench and read a book.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ask me about the time one of the Fords deshirted to lay across a picnic bench and read a book.

Stop! Oh man, the Ford days. They were something.

I really need Xander to put a shirt on.

I hate that I hate Theresa because I shouldn't, but she's a sniveling idiot and I'm so bored by her. I think Chloe being pissed at her is fine, but Eve joining in is nagl.

• Love 7

if Eve and Brady are going to criticize Theresa for leaving Chloe behind with a man who would have repeatedly raped her, I need someone to realize that Theresa suffered such degradation for the past years at the hands of Mateo.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

if Eve and Brady are going to criticize Theresa for leaving Chloe behind with a man who would have repeatedly raped her, I need someone to realize that Theresa suffered such degradation for the past years at the hands of Mateo.

I am with you on this but then I think about Theresa's being safe in Salem and away from Mateo's influence and she should have immediately told someone--like John--that Chloe's in trouble and she needs help, than to make matters worse, she called and warned Mateo about the rescue attempt.  I can't justify her actions on that and I can understand why Chloe's as angry as she is--this entire "Theresa's return" story is annoying as hell.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am enjoying snarky shit-stirring Xander, although we might be nearing Ford Brothers on OLTL overkill levels on the shirtlessness.  Ask me about the time one of the Fords deshirted to lay across a picnic bench and read a book.

It was the "read a book" part that stretched credulity to its breaking point.

• Love 13

Ugh, why do I have to like JL so much that I'm willing to sit through this farce of a return? This story just makes me dislike Eve when I really didn't before. Is it shitty that Theresa didn't try and send someone for Chloe? Um, yeah, but I just can't care about it. Theresa just needs to look into Chloe's bright and beautiful but still somehow blank and dead eyed stare and say, "Look, I'm sorry, but I was forced to be that psycho's sex slave for years. I lived in constant terror. Forgive me for leaving you behind and then being to scared to say anything cause I probably have PTSD."

I'm sorry, but there is no way around that for Eve. Chloe's anger I can get, but Eve no. 

• Love 11

I'm surprised that Chloe and Eve are friends.

Under different circumstances, Theresa probably would have come to Chloe's rescue. She's been the dude's prisoner for quite some time. Her only focus at that moment was an escape.

Xander, please put a shirt or robe on.

Ciara, there were better ways to dump Tripp. All you really needed to say that you like him but aren't looking for a boyfriend right now. They may get involved at some point down the line.

• Love 5

I also need for Xander to put on a shirt, but I do like that he is hairy and not all waxed/shaven. also the youngest of the Fords, who looked the oldest of the three was mostly not shirtless, it was only the middle one and the one who was actually called Ford who did all the shirtlessness. and yes, the picnic table "reading" was totally ridonk

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Rowan said:

Um, yeah, but I just can't care about it. Theresa just needs to look into Chloe's bright and beautiful but still somehow blank and dead eyed stare

That is such a wonderful description of Chloe--there is little to no change in her facial expressions, and absolutely no emotion in her eyes.  The only way to really know what she is feeling is if she actually tells us.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Rowan said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way around that for Eve. Chloe's anger I can get, but Eve no. 

Yep. Eve is being so shitty, it's a real shame.

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

That is such a wonderful description of Chloe--there is little to no change in her facial expressions, and absolutely no emotion in her eyes.  The only way to really know what she is feeling is if she actually tells us.

Right! Frankly I find her kinda creepy. 

• Love 1

Those Brady/Theresa scenes yesterday were super cringey and creepy. JL and her whiney chipmunk voice telling Brady to take her home. Puke. There's just no chemistry there between all three players in this triangle. I really can't handle this being the A storyline for the summer. I am here for Chloe exposing Theresa, though. Theresa's such an unsympathetic twat so it will be nice to see her get what she deserves. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am with you on this but then I think about Theresa's being safe in Salem and away from Mateo's influence and she should have immediately told someone--like John--that Chloe's in trouble and she needs help, than to make matters worse, she called and warned Mateo about the rescue attempt.  I can't justify her actions on that and I can understand why Chloe's as angry as she is--this entire "Theresa's return" story is annoying as hell.

Even though the writing for this storyline is bad, I got the feeling she called cause she didn't want Mateo thinking she spilled and he retaliate by killing Tate, which is the fear that is driving her. Plus if she's been basically raped by this guy the last year or so, then there's likely some PTSD and trauma going on with her... though not like Ron even tried to write that cause this story is using Theresa as a tool to showcase Brady & Eve's "true love" story. 

IMO this story is written where no matter what Theresa does it will be a wrong call.  She's supposed to be written that she's still dealing with the fear of having been under Mateo's thumb due to his threats and how evil he is, but that's being glossed over to make it about which sisters wins Brady as a prize. Ugh. Plus Dena made it seem like Mateo was so powerful that no one nor no spy agency could help her when he threatened Tate the first time, which is why she left. So the continuing inconsistency of writing of this story just exacerbates the levels of failures with the story overall. 

I like JL but this story is crap and it doesn't do Theresa any favors. I wish Theresa's return had been about reuniting with her son but she's only being used as a tool to promote Brady/Eve and try to give Chloe some life. Total waste of everyone's time. And it's stories like that that make me salty at Ron for this type of junk writing, tbh. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Even though the writing for this storyline is bad, I got the feeling she called cause she didn't want Mateo thinking she spilled and he retaliate by killing Tate, which is the fear that is driving her. Plus if she's been basically raped by this guy the last year or so, then there's likely some PTSD and trauma going on with her... though not like Ron even tried to write that cause this story is using Theresa as a tool to showcase Brady & Eve's "true love" story. 

IMO this story is written where no matter what Theresa does it will be a wrong call.  She's supposed to be written that she's still dealing with the fear of having been under Mateo's thumb due to his threats and how evil he is, but that's being glossed over to make it about which sisters wins Brady as a prize. Ugh. Plus Dena made it seem like Mateo was so powerful that no one nor no spy agency could help her when he threatened Tate the first time, which is why she left. So the continuing inconsistency of writing of this story just exacerbates the levels of failures with the story overall. 

I like JL but this story is crap and it doesn't do Theresa any favors. I wish Theresa's return had been about reuniting with her son but she's only being used as a tool to promote Brady/Eve and try to give Chloe some life. Total waste of everyone's time. And it's stories like that that make me salty at Ron for this type of junk writing, tbh. 

Exactly, I am not a Theresa fan, but, I did not like how everybody was coming down on her. The only person that had the right to be upset was Chloe. Whereas, Brady, the idiot and Eve should both shut the hell up... It was maddening watching them be so holier than thou.. Theresa is just being used to make Brady and Eve, palatable. 

• Love 8

Does the show not see what a bad look it is on Eve for her to call Theresa a selfish bitch, to say that the smackdown she'll receive from her if she hurts Brady/Tate again will have her wishing she was back in Mexico?  Theresa spent, like, 2 years in sex slavery, fearing for her life every day.  That Eve can be so dismissive of that because she's mad Theresa manipulated her into giving up her man of five minutes is just...

And just like with the Eve/Brady/Theresa thing, they are racing through these Ciara/Tripp/Claire beats too.  The pacing is off all over the place.

• Love 17
(edited)

The Theresa/Brady/Eve "triangle" remains utterly stupid. I thought JL was terrible in her delivery today, both with her lines and emotions. I'm not a Brady fan, but it was nice to see Brady acknowledge that he is part of the Black family.  

I'm yet to be invested in the teen scene. Ciara is fine, but once I start to care they regress her again. The actress who plays Claire is awful, how has she been on this show for at least two years and show no improvement. I wish they would have let this group grow up naturally. Allie vs. Ciara was right there!! They were building for that for years, and yet here we are. 

Paul and Will were great. The irony isn't lost on me that Lucas' and Sami's son is currently in the most open, trusting and mature relationship on the show. I think CM and CS really hit it out of the park here. Paul is obviously concerned both for Will's safety and himself. After the ringer he was put through by Sonny, I don't blame him worrying about losing Will to Sonny. Sonny fostered that insecurity in him, similar to how he did it with Will back in 2015 making Will desperate to save his marriage. Their battle is coming and I'm excited, if they play this right they could really become a new potential power couple, there's a lot messy history and drama there. I mean, they're nearly related. I think Paul is clearly in love with Will and vice versa, amnesiac!Will is naive in thinking that his memories won't affect his feelings but it's realistic since doesn't know what they really entail. They're clearly building Will becoming the centre of the triangle and I think if this drug works (I highly suspect it won't, but his memories will return another way) that Will will go back to Sonny. The angst will come into play when Will cannot get Paul off his mind and out of his heart, and it will ultimately be that pull that draws him back to Paul though he may try his hardest to stay with Sonny in order to Arianna to have her parents together. It's so amazing considering the key players here are Will (Marlena's grandson), Paul (John's son), and then Sonny can directly be compared to Marlena(Will)/John(Paul)/Roman(Sonny), and I really think that's the road they are going.

They need an slightly unstable couple who can switch out partners and create drama. In that age group we have: Chad and Abby who are pretty stable since Ron invented the DID so it would justify her cheating, so I doubt we'll get Abigail pulling another EJ fling in her right mind. Eli/Lani are too undeveloped and are a barely there couple, and both are retcons with no fan connection. There's really no else but Will/Sonny and Will/Paul so I can see this being their new ongoing triangle that could go on for years, but again if written write the pay off for the winning couple could be huge. I think ultimately we'll get a Will/Paul HEA but I enjoy the back and forth and LOVE good old fashioned angst. 

Marlena and Ben were fine. Ben staring longingly at Will's picture was confusing. I would LOVE for Will and Ben to become friends and hope they go there. I think Ben is going to come back for a bit to cause drama since he affects a lot of people on the canvas but will most likely snap down the line, and I'm personally rooting for Stefan being his next victim. ;)

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Paul and Will were great. The irony isn't lost on me that Lucas' and Sami's son is currently in the most open, trusting and mature relationship on the show. I think CM and CS really hit it out of the park here. Paul is obviously concerned both for Will's safety and himself. After the ringer he was put through by Sonny, I don't blame him worrying about losing Will to Sonny. Sonny fostered that insecurity in him, similar to how he did it with Will back in 2015 making Will desperate to save his marriage. Their battle is coming and I'm excited, if they play this right they could really become a new potential power couple, there's a lot messy history and drama there. I mean, they're nearly related. I think Paul is clearly in love with Will and vice versa, amnesiac!Will is naive in thinking that his memories won't affect his feelings but it's realistic since doesn't know what they really entail. They're clearly building Will becoming the centre of the triangle and I think if this drug works (I highly suspect it won't, but his memories will return another way) that Will will go back to Sonny. The angst will come into play when Will cannot get Paul off his mind and out of his heart, and it will ultimately be that pull that draws him back to Paul though he may try his hardest to stay with Sonny in order to Arianna to have her parents together. It's so amazing considering the key players here Will (Marlena's grandson), Paul (John's son), and then Sonny can directly be compared to Marlena(Will)/John(Paul)/Roman(Sonny), and I really think that's the road they are going.

I don't think that Ron could write Paul/Will/ Sonny like Sherry did with Roman/Marlena/John.  Both Roman/Marlena and Rojohn/Marlena were her couples.  Ron does not have her talent.  If Sherry was writing  this show, I would agree with you. Wilson, Paulson and Horita do not have the depth that Sherry's couples had.  Furthermore, When Marlena picked Roman in Mexico over John. It was bittersweet and it was the right thing to do at the time because John was devoted to his wife Isabella. John and Isabella loved each other.  Roman and Marlena reconnected as a couple. She did not settle for him because she could not be with John. We had lots of romantic scenes between them as a couple and rebuilding their family. Roman wanted another child with Marlena and she agreed. 

I rewatched 1992, not too long ago and John and Marlena did not pine for each other, when they were with other people. In fact, it was quite the opposite...It was not until Isabella's cancer diagnosis that Jarlena began to interact, heavily,with each other, even then, they were just friends. Their chemistry was there, but, it was not disrespectful to their partners.  There were other factors that also brought them together, as friends, like the problems that existed between Carrie and Roman, Carrie's unhealthy crush, on Lawrence,  Papa Shawn getting shot, e.t.c. I know that the Horita fans like to compare them to Jarlena, but, that is not the case, in my opinion.  I see no push and pull between Horita, like Roman and Marlena had, Rojohn and Marlena and John and Marlena.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that Ron could write Paul/Will/ Sonny like Sherry did with Roman/Marlena/John.  Both Roman/Marlena and Rojohn/Marlena were her couples.  Ron does not have her talent.  If Sherry was writing  this show, I would agree with you. Wilson, Paulson and Horita do not have the depth that Sherry's couples had.  Furthermore, When Marlena picked Roman in Mexico over John. It was bittersweet and it was the right thing to do at the time because John was devoted to his wife Isabella. John and Isabella loved each other. 

I rewatched 1992, not too long ago and John and Marlena did not pine for each other, when they were with other people. In fact, it was quite the opposite...It was not until Isabella's cancer diagnosis that Jarlena began to interact with each other, even then, they were just friends, their chemistry was there, but, it was not disrespectful to their partners.  There were other factors that also brought them together, as friends, like the problems that existed between Carrie and Roman, Carrie's unhealthy crush, on Lawrence,  Papa Shawn getting shot, e.t.c. I know that the Horita fans like to compare them to Jarlena, but, that is not the case, in my opinion.  I see no push and pull between Horita, like Roman and Marlena had, Rojohn and Marlena and John and Marlena.  

I agree with your analyzes in the sense that Sherry did amazing things for Roman/Marlena/John. I'm not saying it will be identical or comparable since that triangle took place in a time where the show wasn't on it's last dying breath and taking their stories year by year, because they're not sure if they'll get renewed the next. I do think the show is making the comparison with Horita, and that their battle is coming, not to say it will be the same or have the same depth. Let's be real none the current couples on the canvas aside from the ones from the 80s and early 90s had any great build up.

I think I could personally go either way with Will/Sonny or Will/Paul there's good stories on both sides imo. I just think it's great that they revisited Will and Paul after the disaster of 2014-2015 and gave them a shot, not only due to the fact I think the couple has chemistry but also due to the messy relations and their close ties with Jarlena. The fact that two characters who are both gay exist on the canvas, Will who is incredibly more fleshed out than Paul, both are Jarlena offspring and drawn each other is great. Will cheated after giving Sami hell for doing the same, and also is now currently drawn to Paul without his memories; there something deeper at work there. I'm not trying to take anything away from Marlena/John, it was a different time and as an aside, I wonder how a lot of those old couples, Jack/Jen for example would have faired today. Since Jack was put through a long redemption plot after raping Kayla and made into a hero who went on to become 1/2 of a super couple. This doesn't work today, Stefan and Gabby are a prime example. The show doesn't have the time or money to invest there with Stefan, like they did with Jack. Aside from the negative fan reaction. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I agree with your analyzes in the sense that Sherry did amazing things for Roman/Marlena/John. I'm not saying it will be identical or comparable since that triangle took place in a time where the show wasn't on it's last dying breath and taking their stories year by year, because they're not sure if they'll get renewed the next. I do think the show is making the comparison, with Horita. I also think Paul/Will's battle is coming, not to say it will be the same or have the same depth. Let's be real none the current couples on the canvas aside from the ones from the 80s and early 90s had any great build up.

I think I could personally go either way with Will/Sonny or Will/Paul there's good stories on both sides imo. I just think it's great that they revisited Will and Paul after the disaster of 2014-2015 and gave them a shot, not only due to the fact I think the couple has chemistry but also due to the messy relations and their close ties with Jarlena. The fact that two characters who are both gay exist on the canvas, Will who is incredibly more fleshed out than Paul, both are Jarlena offspring and drawn each other is great. Will cheated after giving Sami hell for doing the same, and also is now currently drawn to Paul without his memories; there something deeper at work there. I'm not trying to take anything away from Marlena/John, it was a different time and as an aside, I wonder how a lot of those old couples, Jack/Jen for example would have faired today. Since Jack was put through a long redemption plot after raping Kayla and made into a hero who went on to become 1/2 of a super couple. This doesn't work today, Stefan and Gabby are a prime example. The show doesn't have the time or money to invest there. Aside from the negative fan reaction. 

I agree with you in that Horita could be a great couple. I just wish that they had an internal struggle that was unique to them that did not involve Sonny or his amnesia.  I wanted Will's inexperience to test Wilson, but, the show used that to turn Will into a jerk and a serial cheater. As a Will fan, it was hard to see that character destruction.  The level of hatred against Will was demoralizing. 

You are also correct that the audience's taste have change and people are very impatient for things to happen.  Jack's redemption took years to happen. I don't see that working today.  I don't want to get too attach to Horita, I expect Ron to ruin them like Wilson was ruined. I used to hate Paul with a passion, but, I gave him a chance because of Will. I love who Will loves...I am a Will fan, first, because he is Lumi's son. I am still pissed that Lumi was ruined for her rapist, but, that is another rant, for another day. I also don't want to fight with any Ejami fans on here. It never ends well..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have to say I stood up and cheered when Theresa said she wouldn't apologize for wanting to escape so badly that she left Chloe behind- damn right! and I think Brady is an ass for acting like she should.  This writing is a mess- I totally got where Theresa was coming from when she warned Senior untouchable- until he is- drug lord.  But you need the flashback with him threatening her family.  Eve judging her is preposterous.  Chloe can be pissed but absolutely no one else.  

Then when Brady kicked her out and she said not without Tate I actually fist pumped- I was so sure she'd be written as falling to pieces because she might lose her man that she would have her forget all about Tate.  Awesome.   Get your kid and go back to being a designer.  I'm sure Victor will support her.

• Love 12
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with you in that Horita could be a great couple. I just wish that they had an internal struggle that was unique to them that did not involve Sonny or his amnesia.  I wanted Will's inexperience to test Wilson, but, the show used that to turn Will into a jerk and a serial cheater. As a Will fan, it was hard to see that character destruction.  The level of hatred against Will was demoralizing. 

You are also correct that the audience's taste have change and people are very impatient for things to happen.  Jack's redemption took years to happen. I don't see that working today.  I don't want to get too attach to Horita, I expect Ron to ruin them like Wilson was ruined. I used to hate Paul with a passion, but, I gave him a chance because of Will. I love who Will loves...I am a Will fan, first, because he is Lumi's son. I am still pissed that Lumi was ruined for her rapist, but, that is another rant, for another day.

I agree completely! I'm a Will fan at the end of the day. I'm also a huge Lumi fan. So for me, I just want him to have a great story and be with whoever he is happiest with. I HATED what they did to Will and I am still very bitter how they assassinated his character before they killed him, a character who the show invested 20 YEARS in who was front burner throughout with Sami. I also disliked Paul- a lot. I have come to care about him through his association with Will. I hated that they destroyed Will for Paul who was retconned in last minute to create angst. I do think TomSell had a bigger plan in mind back then but it all went to hell once they were fired. Rewriting Sonny's history and Sonny's behaviour during that time made me hate Sonny and I still am guarded against the character since he was so back and forth back then. I think Will and Paul are great together and I love them due to the fact this feels like an adult relationship for Will. Will and Sonny never had that vibe, they could now but that remains to be seen. 

I agree with your point that they skipped a lot of beats that could have been great drama for Will and Paul right at the start of that relationship, and continue to do so here and there. They're doing the same with Ciara and Tripp, they had one date in their living room and now Claire is being positioned to cause angst. They should have been developed waaayyy more to make us care/feel for Ciara. Even with Theresa/Brady/Eve the angst lasted a day, now it's on to the next drama- Brady and Theresa fighting over Tate, no build up at all. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, penguinnj said:

But you need the flashback with him threatening her family.

The show did have Theresa flashback to Mateo's threat before she called him, I remembered that cause I was home and live-tweeting how terrible that storyline is and how laughable John & Paul were to me coming in as some sort of special ops team against the most evil, invincible drug czar ever [per earlier writing]. I thought the show made a good choice inserting a flashback (for once!) to remind viewers that Theresa's actions are being driven by her fear that her rapist will kill her child if he thinks she narc'd about Chloe. 

• Love 8

This Theresa/Brady/Eve story is so bad. Just in every way. It's not even worth getting into really because everything about it is horrible. And it's made even worse by the fact that Theresa is only here for a little while. Like what is the motherfucking point? For Brady/Eve? Please, they'll be broken up and Brady will have moved on to someone else in a year tops. A waste of my time, so I'm fast forwarding it now.

I still find Paul/Will boring as hell. Too bad, I wish I could like them.

I skipped pretty much everything else except Ben, who I still enjoy to pieces.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Ben's killed people before." Uh, yeah, that's why he's in a mental hospital.  I mean, that was a ridiculous comment.

Wow, Show actually remembered that Ben killed Wendy the midwife.

How is the show going to make Ben viable? He killed 3 people and tried to kill Abigail, Marlena, Will and Chad. plus, arson and kidnapping a newborn baby. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I’m not happy with Eve gleefully destroying Theresa.  

On the other hand, I’d totally be behind Eve secretly stalking Ben and killing him in gruesomely fashion and never getting caught.  Oh.... I said that out loud....

Its just that Eve’s story would be better if it was about her losing her nut over Ben-the-serial-killer walking free.  I like Eve’s righteous indignation when she’s actually someone I’m cheering for.  Not ripping apart her PTSD’d rape-victim sister.  *sigh*

• Love 12

Well, I can tell from the comments I'm going to need to skip today's show. So, I'll just go with preemptive, "Fuck Off, Eve!" I expect the absolute least from the character of Brady, so I can't get too worked up about anything that meathead has to say, but, Eve is a different animal. Way to completely flush the ability to sympathize with either of these two characters's predicament, Ron, you dumbass. Once again you manage to take a good premise and completely shit the bed in the execution. This show really pisses me off sometimes. 

• Love 8

Eve, Brady Black isn't worth it. He probably has a collection of engagement rings for every woman that falls in to his life.  Maybe your sister did do some crappy stuff, but she was the drug lord's prisoner for a bit.  People in her situation would do anything to stay alive. Desperation calls for doing things you wouldn't do normally.  Brady is a man-child. He will throw you out like an old toy. Good for Theresa to want to take her son and leave.

Marlena, in ten minutes, you can do an assessment of Ben? He's tired of the mental hospital and can and will say anything to get out. You won't know for years that he will not commit another murder. I did like him looking at Will. That might bring an interesting story.

Paul seems too decent. Surely there are other men around for him.

Awww, 'Theo' dumped Claire. What was she expecting? She won't blab to Tripp about Ciara and Chase? Tripp still deserves better than the karma of having the two of them.

• Love 5

Oh, thanks for reminding who Wendy was, I had forgotten about killing the midwife.

I will say that KdP has been looking gorgeous the past few days. Her hair looks terrific, the colors of that top look great on her and I love her earrings. I just wish she was in a better story, but I have been wishing that since she first showed up

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, annabel said:

Oh, thanks for reminding who Wendy was, I had forgotten about killing the midwife.

I will say that KdP has been looking gorgeous the past few days. Her hair looks terrific, the colors of that top look great on her and I love her earrings. I just wish she was in a better story, but I have been wishing that since she first showed up

I hope Show doesn't blow it when Eve meets up with Ben.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Awww, 'Theo' dumped Claire. What was she expecting? She won't blab to Tripp about Ciara and Chase? Tripp still deserves better than the karma of having the two of them.

That's what I keep wondering. I assume she knows about Ciara & Chase? Why wouldn't she tell Tripp?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

That's what I keep wondering. I assume she knows about Ciara & Chase? Why wouldn't she tell Tripp?

Claire is the first person Ciara told about the rape, and it was one of my favorite scenes between the characters.  And once again I'm confused about when it's okay to tell other people's secrets because the only person who should be telling Tripp about Chase and Ciara is Ciara--Claire was completely right in not telling Tripp. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And once again I'm confused about when it's okay to tell other people's secrets because the only person who should be telling Tripp about Chase and Ciara is Ciara--Claire was completely right in not telling Tripp. 

I was thinking the same thing. It would've been dirty for Claire to tell him imo. 

• Love 3

I also think that Claire has no reason to believe that Ciara is acting this way with Tripp because she is still suffering from being rape a few years ago. Claire has seen Ciara be nasty, petty, angry and bitchy to her, so it is fair to think that Ciara could be like that to someone else. Her being raped doesn't give her a free pass to being unpleasant to people. In the case of Sami, she was raped at 15 and within a year of that rape, she was doing crazy and sometimes evil Sami things, and people didn't excuse her behavior because they knew she was still suffering from the trauma with Alan. A few characters may have but most didn't.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I also think that Claire has no reason to believe that Ciara is acting this way with Tripp because she is still suffering from being rape a few years ago. Claire has seen Ciara be nasty, petty, angry and bitchy to her, so it is fair to think that Ciara could be like that to someone else. Her being raped doesn't give her a free pass to being unpleasant to people. In the case of Sami, she was raped at 15 and within a year of that rape, she was doing crazy and sometimes evil Sami things, and people didn't excuse her behavior because they knew she was still suffering from the trauma with Alan. A few characters may have but most didn't.

I completely agree.  Ciara's reaction to not liking a situation is to turn into a mean-spirited bully and the actress does not help by being unsympathetic.  On the other hand, Theresa has also done some pretty horrible things, but I see remorse and pain on Jl's face and it makes me want to give her another chance because I know she feels badly for the hurt she's caused.  I get that sense from Claire too--she knows she needs to change, but she still struggles with doing the right thing.  I don't get any sense that Ciara realizes how awfully she's acting because for her, it's all about her pain and no one else matters.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

My take was it didn't take her but a minute to realize it's to her benefit if Tripp thinks Ciara dumped him because she's capricious and bitchy as opposed to triggered and traumatized.

I don't think Claire's trying to capitalize on anything--I rewatched that scene and her kissing Tripp was in reaction to his being kind to her and telling her she wasn't as bad as she thinks she is.  Tripp and Claire were both feeling rejected by the people they cared the most for--I don't think Claire's trying to win Tripp for herself at all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, MsTree said:

I find it interesting as to what "secret" Claire reveals and which one she chooses not to reveal. 

I guess this is a case of Claire's never being able to win.  I think she told Hope Rafe's secret because it affected her directly and who she was about to marry.  Ciara's being a rape victim is her personal business and only affects her, it's only Ciara's story to tell.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ugh!  Both Chloe and Eve need to shut up right now.  Theresa has been raped by this monster for more than a year.  Hell the whole reason she was with the monster noodle in the first place was to keep her son and Eve's precious Brady alive.  Chloe was only with the monster noodle for what a few days?  All he did to her was keep her in a room where she was fed, made her wear a dress, and sing and dance for him.  While it would suck to be kidnapped, Chloe did not in anyway experience the hell that Theresa has been through and she needs to be more empathetic to the fact that Theresa is traumatized, suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder most likely, and is still acting on pure fear.  Eve needs to be compassionate towards her sister and help her heal from all the trauma she has been through.  I wanted to see Eve hug Theresa and tell her everything is going to be okay and that she wants to help her heal.  Brady just needs to go away for awhile.  So tired of him.

Rafe and Hope are hypocrites.  They are so pissed off about Ben being released and yet Hope murdered Stefano and Rafe helped her cover up the crime and she got out of prison and is the freaking police commissioner.   The hypocrisy is going to ramp up once Chad and Abby finds out that Ben is being released.  Abby who loved and adored serial killer Andre and who killed Andre and almost killed three other people but got off for her crimes is going to be furious that Ben is free after spending years in a mental hospital.  Chad who got his precious Abby off on her crimes and has a serial killer brother is going to be mad too.  Not too mention the whole town has been spending the last few weeks talking about how poor, precious Abby was not responsible for her crimes and should not have to go to prison because she was mentally ill will be incensed that Ben is free after spending a few years in a mental hospital and talk about what a monster he is even though Ben committed his crimes while mentally ill.  Not to mention that precious Abby played a role in Ben's mental health issues after the way she kept leading him on, lying to him, and sleeping with  Chad behind his back.  Oh and she lit him on fire. Chad also played a role in Ben's mental health issues as well since Chad acted like he was Ben's friend and then keep sleeping with Abby when she was with Ben.

I am glad that Claire didn't tell Tripp about Ciara's rape.  That needs to come from Ciara when she is ready for him to know about it.  I do feel bad for Tripp though being dumped like that without understanding why.

I am so happy to see Ben back and can't wait to see what he does when he gets out but I am not looking forward to all the hypocrisy from the town's folk when they learn he is free. 

Gabi needs to get out of prison now!  So tired of seeing her locked up in prison, getting beat up and nearly choked to death especially while Abby is still walking around free and hanging out with her son.  Chad also got off without going to jail for nearly killing Stefan.  Neither one of them have any right to be mad about Ben being freed.  At least Ben actually was locked up in a mental hospital for a few years for his crimes.  Neither of them have ever had to pay for what they did wrong and for their crimes. 

Edited by jaylee-03031
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Rafe and Hope are hypocrites.  They are so pissed off about Ben being released and yet Hope murdered Stefano and Rafe helped her cover up the crime and she got out of prison and is the freaking police commissioner.   The hypocrisy is going to ramp up once Chad and Abby finds out that Ben is being released.  Abby who loved and adored serial killer Andre and who killed Andre and almost killed three other people but got off for her crimes is going to be furious that Ben is free after spending years in a mental hospital.  Chad who got his precious Abby off on her crimes and has a serial killer brother is going to be mad too.  Not too mention the whole town has been spending the last few weeks talking about how poor, precious Abby was not responsible for her crimes and should not have to go to prison because she was mentally ill will be incensed that Ben is free after spending a few years in a mental hospital and talk about what a monster he is even though Ben committed his crimes while mentally ill.  Not to mention that precious Abby played a role in Ben's mental health issues after the way she kept leading him on, lying to him, and sleeping with  Chad behind his back.  Oh and she lit him on fire. Chad also played a role in Ben's mental health issues as well since Chad acted like he was Ben's friend and then keep sleeping with Abby when she was with Ben.

To be fair, Chad never pretended to be Ben's friend. In fact, he used to like to antagonize him and make him insecure about Abigail.  Their first meeting was very nasty with Chad acting like a jerk.

• Love 1