Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Well Andre's murder was certainly "out of the blue".  I mean, yes there were clues the last couple episodes, but not long ago he and Abigail were having their cozy "girl talks" about love. What was the point of all that, if they were planning to kill him off.  I realize *if* Tony is alive, Thao will still be employed, but it still feels so random. 

Obviously we didn't go back to Anna yesterday, but I just remembered that short scene with Kristen back in Memphis. Maybe she's the one who's stalking Anna. 

I'm not hating Ron's work, but it still isn't quite what I want my "Days" to be like.  There's too many stories, or too many cast members, because a few character have center stage day after day after day, then they disappear for days and days and days.  Course I AM ok with Rope disappearing for days and days and days. ? 

• Love 5

Well Andre's murder was certainly "out of the blue".  I mean, yes there were clues the last couple episodes, but not long ago he and Abigail were having their cozy "girl talks" about love. What was the point of all that, if they were planning to kill him off.

They wanted to humanize him as much as possible before getting him off the show? No clue why that's needed though - his redemption wasn't really much of a story. If we were interested in him at all, it was as a villain. Count me among those feeling cheated we never saw him really be evil and crazy before he was bumped off.

I'd rather Tony stay dead than another character return from the great beyond for no good reason. Have Anna grow a bit.

Edit: Why did Andre fire Gabbi? What was his motivation?

Eve doesn't feel a bit uncomfortable getting involved with her sister's former boyfriend/father of her little boy?

Glad I'm not the only one asking this...

Edited by DisneyBoy

Days isn't quite to Bold and Beautiful levels of quasi incestuous relationships...but it's getting closer (wrt: Eve/Brady).  I'll never understand why fans root for these characters who swap partners all the time (Brooke with ALL of the Forrester men...and even ones who might have possibly been one...and don't get me started on Liam and Wyatt with Steffie, Hope, etc...).

Bold is indeed nasty in that regard.  I remember when current Shawn Douglas (I believe) was marooned with Brooke on an island and they nearly had sex because of the toxic flowers, LOL. Ridge was saying he would never trust Brooke again because she was insatiable and this guy was essentially her son and "how could she?" I thought the show was giving her one last hurrah as a man-eater before maturing her into a new role. Apparently, it didn't stick.

Anyway, I really feel Eve has been thrown under the bus in this return. I cannot buy the lazy way in which she has accepted Brady as a lover, knowing full well Theresa could turn up at any moment. She was so excited for them to get married... and now she's happy to be sleeping with him even though he's clearly drinking and willing to slap her around or use her. Does this woman have no self respect at all?

I'm so glad Maggie finally brought up the subject of Theresa. I don't know why Eve would bring her up with Tate though. She's essentially trying to usurp her sister's role, so why even confuse the kid by bringing up mommy in the first place?

Kassie deserves better.

Edited by DisneyBoy
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Does anyone though? None of the characters ever reference the incestuous nature of their romances. 

The only time that the show has ever addressed this was when Kayla was with Shane. The Brady family was in turmoil over this. Papa Shawn was livid and voiced his displeasure and it explored the dynamic between the Brady siblings with Rojohn siding with Kim and Bo siding with Kayla.  I loved the subgroups within the Brady siblings.  Kayla finally voiced her  feelings about her father always favoring Kim over her.  Kayla dug in her heels and was sick and tired of being the peacemaker of the family and was not giving up Shane for Kim.  Kim vacillated between being the older, caring sister and her feelings of betrayal, on the part of Kayla. As much as, I hated the Shayla romance, it did give us some good scenes between the Brady family.   Soaps used to be really good at doing that, exploring relationships that gave depth to the characters.

Edited by Apprentice79
On 1/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Why did Andre fire Gabbi? What was his motivation?

I really hope they explain this. Otherwise it just feels like really lazy writing in order to get Gabi on the suspect list.

46 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

I really hope they explain this. Otherwise it just feels like really lazy writing in order to get Gabi on the suspect list.

Wasn't it explained when Andre told Gabi she violated the fraud clause of her contract because the seed money for her company came from the profits of her dad's illegal operations?

I'm also fanwanking Eve's thinking--she thinks Theresa tricked Brady into believing she was sober and wanting to be happily married, so perhaps Theresa would love Eve's running a long con on Brady?  I also think Eve's trying to keep Theresa in Tate's mind because she told the little kid that story about Princess Theresa and Prince Brady--she's helping Tate remember his mom.

On today's episode, I found it hard to believe that Abby would fall into a blubbering mess at the sight of Andre's dead body--this is a woman who lit a guy on fire, she wouldn't be fazed by a little blood.

16 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Wasn't it explained when Andre told Gabi she violated the fraud clause of her contract because the seed money for her company came from the profits of her dad's illegal operations?

That was his rationale for firing her, yes. You can't just fire someone for no reason. But there doesn't seem to be any reason he would NEED to fire her. They sort of insinuated it was over money (she gets 60% of the profits), but that doesn't really make sense to me because a) Dimera Enterprises certainly has plenty of  money and b) GabiChic is a brand that is built solely on Gabi the person, which would make firing her a really bad business decision. Also, Gabi was right - there's no way Chad, Abigail, and Kate would just sit back and let this happen. So his firing her made very little sense.

Vivian also mentioned something about money, which made me think that there is some reason they need a huge wad of cash fast and that bamboozling Gabi out of her share of the profits was the best way to go about it. But ... we'll see if that ever comes to anything.

As usual, I'm putting way too much thought into this delightfully nonsensical soap. They clearly wanted Gabi as a suspect and this was the easiest way to do it.

It would be so, so nice if Eve decided Brady was a drunk asshole from day one and that she didn't want him anywhere near Tate, and knew he would try to seduce her...and is just letting him do so to get a strong case for custody of the kid. Brady thinks he's going to marry her and get Basic Black...but she's going to get Tate, so in the event Theresa ever turns up again she can raise her kid away from Brady and the Kiriakises. I loathe the idea that her "feminine weakness" is allowing her to fall for that ogre. She had better be playing a long game with him. No way do I buy that she loves sleeping with abusive Brady more than Theresa. Sisterhood first, yo.

That was his excuse. Why did he really want her out? He didn't want Kate to know either...why? There's a reason. (Please don't let it be that he wanted to protect Abby's marriage.)

So Abigail is gonna go bonkers again, huh? Only Andre was keeping her sane?

I'm confused.  Are we being told that Stefan and Vivian killed Andre?

The Tony urn at the crime scene is interesting.

I love Lauren Koslow, but her crying wasn't very good.

I know they're trying to make it suspenseful, but I feel like I skipped a page or 2 in the book.  Vivian and Stefan sure sounded like they killed Andre.  But with Anna's need to "confess" and "Tony" being found at the scene, it also seems like she killed him. 

But then Chad keeps talking about Kate's bad night. And Chad, himself, looks guilty.  And, Gabi so adamantly saying it was too late to talk to Andre, sounds guilty too.  So I don't know what to think.

Wasn't thrilled to see Rope planning their wedding. Hope that romance finally crashes and burns during February sweeps.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I love Lauren Koslow, but her crying wasn't very good.

That's why I thought maybe Kate was faking it. LK was playing that crying scene a bit differently than she normally plays those types of scenes imo.

I thought they did a pretty good job of making it seem like any of them could have done it.

I had to fast forward most of the scenes with Abby because her hysteria was annoying as hell.

I think that Abigail killed Andre and one of her alters did it. I am calling it right now. This is Ron, he won't resist doing a DID storyline. It would be cool if a soap had a character suffer from a fugue state, due to a traumatic event. Will could have suffered from that, as a result, of his attempted murder. 

12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Abigail killed Andre and one of her alters did it. I am calling it right now. This is Ron, he won't resist doing a DID storyline. It would be cool if a soap had a character suffer from a fugue state, due to a traumatic event. Will could have suffered from that, as a result, of his attempted murder. 

If that is where this indeed goes, I'm totally cool with it. It could and should be interesting, being that she was his only vocal ally. It probably won't be, though, because the writing is always so all over the place. 

I fanwank that Abby was so attached to his reformation because it meant that she could be redeemed as well. She references his crimes with his own mental instability, and, to me it's like if he can't recover or turn his life around then maybe she doubts that she will truly ever be able to do so. 

That it should turn out that she murdered him would be ironic and actually pretty good storytelling. Again, I love the idea, I just dread the inevitable butchering of the execution. 

I just watched the Theo goodbye episode. Abe actually says grandmother and half brother so that would be Celeste and Brandon.

Can someone clarify something that is bugging me. Why is JJ under the impression that Lani is 2 months pregnant? The last time they slept together was the night Theo was shot and Lani and Eli slept together a week or two after that. 

If Abby has multiple personalities (kinda debunked by the medical community at this point, but whatever) they could use that to justify her various, erm, willful indescretions in the past. Maybe she's bipolar?

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This might explain her OTT reaction.  I was trying to figure out why they would have her so discombobulated to find Andre dead.  She went into a panic attack and then didn't call 911.  She called Chad.  And still was OTT.

This would link back into the wigs and the coat in the gabichic room.   Good call @Apprentice79!

• Love 1

The last time Abby realized that a serial killer was lying to her, she set him on fire. All this horrible besties forever between Abby and Andre will be worth it, if the show said she killed him when she realized that he was using her to get control of Chad and Dimera Enterprises.

10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Can someone clarify something that is bugging me. Why is JJ under the impression that Lani is 2 months pregnant? The last time they slept together was the night Theo was shot and Lani and Eli slept together a week or two after that. 

It's all the magic/confusion of soap opera timelines.  JJ & Lani last slept together November 10  - Lani's birthday and also the night Theo got shot.  So 2 months ago as of mid-January when JJ learned Lani was pregnant. 

Lani & Eli slept together Christmas Eve.  She had her dizzy spell 2 weeks later and Kayla pronounced that she was 2 weeks pregnant. Time kept crawling in Salem, so by the time JJ overheard the Lani phone call in which she mentioned being pregnant, it was still the same day or maybe the next in Salem, even though more than a week had passed in "real" time.

I don't even know if that makes sense or not. LOL.  But if this pregnancy proceeds, and I have doubts considering all of Salem already knows she's pregnant, from JJ's perspective the baby will be at least 6 weeks late when it's born.

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

It's all the magic/confusion of soap opera timelines.  JJ & Lani last slept together November 10  - Lani's birthday and also the night Theo got shot.  So 2 months ago as of mid-January when JJ learned Lani was pregnant. 

Lani & Eli slept together Christmas Eve.  She had her dizzy spell 2 weeks later and Kayla pronounced that she was 2 weeks pregnant. Time kept crawling in Salem, so by the time JJ overheard the Lani phone call in which she mentioned being pregnant, it was still the same day or maybe the next in Salem, even though more than a week had passed in "real" time.

I don't even know if that makes sense or not. LOL.  But if this pregnancy proceeds, and I have doubts considering all of Salem already knows she's pregnant, from JJ's perspective the baby will be at least 6 weeks late when it's born.

Thanks. So basically Days is mixing real and soap time to create the time lapse between both sexual encounters. When in reality there wasn't that much actual disparity. 

Okay, so you know I love Will. I love Chandler and Guy, etc... but oh my god...stop with the stalking, Mr. Horton. The scene in HTS was fine...just saying hi and bye, etc... but creeping into the building he lives in, etc...? That whole thing was just weird. Completely weird. I'm okay with where it's going but initially it's creepy.

8 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Okay, so you know I love Will. I love Chandler and Guy, etc... but oh my god...stop with the stalking, Mr. Horton. The scene in HTS was fine...just saying hi and bye, etc... but creeping into the building he lives in, etc...? That whole thing was just weird. Completely weird. I'm okay with where it's going but initially it's creepy.

Will's fixation on Paul is weird and it is not endearing. If Paul was a woman and Will was doing that to her, people would be rightfully upset.  Plus, Ron is setting Paul up for a fall. He will get hurt by Will, when he gets his memory back and wants Sonny.  

Edited by Apprentice79
Fixed a typo

Whoa! Sonny walked into the K-mansion living room and looked like his water was going to break. Push away from the table Freddie. They could make it a plot point that Sonny turned to food after being "rejected" by Will.  Freddie has been puffy before but he's really big now.

I don't want to criticize an actor for their weight but... Yes. It looks like someone's been eating everyone's feelings for the last few weeks. Isn't it generally the rule that when you get dumped one of the best things to do is get a gym membership so that you end up looking smoking hot and make the person regret leaving you? Especially with the gay community being so image-conscious. Hey who knows - maybe Sonny is transitioning into a bear!

I enjoyed this episode. It's nice to see Roman so involved in the storylines again and it was especially nice catching up with Will and Marlena. I would have assumed she would know which building her grandson was murdered in, but whatever. I really feel she needs to pull Will aside and tell him to knock it off. Paul is a member of his family and also the guy who nearly broke up his marriage to Sonny the first time around. If a therapist can't say it to him, who will?

I forgot Carrie was Roman and Anna's daughter. She's going to have her work cut out for her.

Brady and Eve could vanish into a black hole tomorrow and I wouldn't give it a second thought. Definitely one of the worst plots on the show right now. Are we supposed to think it's cute that they're joking about having committed murder?

I really didn't appreciate Rafe's tone during the interrogation. In fact, I don't understand how he even gets to be the one to interrogate Anna since he has a personal relationship with her and her daughter. This show...

I'm still disappointed that they've written off Andre so quickly and without much build-up, but I love the fact that someone bashed his head in with the urn full of Tony's ashes. Pretty deserved.

28 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Whoa! Sonny walked into the K-mansion living room and looked like his water was going to break. Push away from the table Freddie. They could make it a plot point that Sonny turned to food after being "rejected" by Will.  Freddie has been puffy before but he's really big now.

I might be in the minority, but, I think Freddie looks fine with weight. It is refreshing to see a man that does not have abs or overly muscular.  Stocky men are hot too..lol

• Love 1

Paul stalked Sonny the whole time after he moved to Salem before Will was even murdered and then after. Didn't Paul even follow Sonny back to his dead husband's apartment and then the grave site? I won't judge Will for the pull he feels for Paul since it is more in character for Will to go after what he wants while scheming and being manipulative because he is Sami's son. Nothing can out do the creepiness of Paul when we was dead set on Sonny two years ago, even after Sonny told him he wanted to be with Will. So Will doing the same to Paul now is kind of funny/ironic to me.

17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I might be in the minority, but, I think Freddie looks fine with weight. It is refreshing to see a man that does not have abs or overly muscular.  Stocky men are hot too..lol

Freddie's weight is extremely distracting. There's a difference between having a healthy amount of weight on and appearing short of breath when running lines in some scenes. I know he has health problems and I emphasize with him, but it takes away from the quality of some of the scenes he is in IMO.

Edited by betweenthelines
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't want to criticize an actor for their weight but... Yes. It looks like someone's been eating everyone's feelings for the last few weeks. Isn't it generally the rule that when you get dumped one of the best things to do is get a gym membership so that you end up looking smoking hot and make the person regret leaving you? Especially with the gay community being so image-conscious. Hey who knows - maybe Sonny is transitioning into a bear!

lmao, I can't believe you said that, that is so wrong, Disneyboy...

1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Freddie had an illness and was taking medication in the past that was making him puffy.  I don't know if he's still taking the pills.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paul is a member of his family and also the guy who nearly broke up his marriage to Sonny the first time around.

Will is the guy who nearly broke up his marriage to Sonny the first time around.

Speaking of The Spectator, Diana Colville was one of the original owners of The Spectator. Bring Genie Francis back to Days.

HA! I was right! Tony's ashes WERE in a cocktail shaker!

I was wondering if EVERYbody had killed Andre till Brady said he was kidding.

"Do you know how ridiculous I would look with eyeglasses over my patch?"

Will ought to go talk to his Aunt Jennifer about getting a job with the newspaper.

Does asking for a lawyer who's out of the country really mean the cops can just let you sit in a cell till the lawyer comes to the country?  I have to think that wouldn't be a thing.

Does Will remember where he died?

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brady and Eve could vanish into a black hole tomorrow and I wouldn't give it a second thought. Definitely one of the worst plots on the show right now. Are we supposed to think it's cute that they're joking about having committed murder?

I can't suss out how we're supposed to be taking them either. I mean I don't think it's cute, but I do enjoy it tbh. I think EM is great at playing an asshole. But the whole thing is really gross and I'm not sure if we're supposed to see it that way or not.

1 hour ago, Sidney said:

This Will/Sonny/Paul  story is a complete dud, IMO. No buildup at all. Boring.

Don't even know the purpose of Brady and Eve, other than wasting time until Theresa show up.

I disagree with this. Paul and Will definitely are getting some nice build up, and I'm liking the way this story is unfolding. Also, Paul and Will are one of the only younger couples on the canvas who actually have chemistry as enemies, friends or lovers. The rest of the younger generation just falls flat for me. Sonny needs to be recasted or FS needs to step up his game for me to ever want WilSon back together or even root for his character again. At this point, they should just pair Sonny off with a business man and let the guy run Titan through Sonny and further develop Paul and Will's relationship. 

Edited by betweenthelines
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I enjoyed this episode. It's nice to see Roman so involved in the storylines again and it was especially nice catching up with Will and Marlena. I would have assumed she would know which building her grandson was murdered in, but whatever. I really feel she needs to pull Will aside and tell him to knock it off. Paul is a member of his family and also the guy who nearly broke up his marriage to Sonny the first time around. If a therapist can't say it to him, who will?

I forgot Carrie was Roman and Anna's daughter. She's going to have her work cut out for her.

I really didn't appreciate Rafe's tone during the interrogation. In fact, I don't understand how he even gets to be the one to interrogate Anna since he has a personal relationship with her and her daughter. This show...

I'm still disappointed that they've written off Andre so quickly and without much build-up, but I love the fact that someone bashed his head in with the urn full of Tony's ashes. Pretty deserved.

To be fair Sonny and Will are just as "related" as Will and Paul are. I agree though Will needs to calm down. 

I wish Will would stop stalking Paul. Seriously, dude.

It's hard for me to get excited about them because I know the show is not going to fully commit which is too bad because they have great chemistry and could be smoking hot. But it will once again he all "Evil Paul" has broken up the Greatest Couple Eva and he will end up short-changed when Will regains his memory and rushes back to Sonny.

Brady & Eve just do not work for me.

It's unlikely that looking 'hot' will make someone regret leaving you.  It is not going to fix the issues that caused the split. But this is a soap.

Except for a weird friends with benefits situation, I have no idea why Eve and Brady are together. Is she going to compare notes with Theresa (if she returns)?

I would think that Anna would be assigned a public defender until Carrie shows up.

Why is John putting stuff in to Steve's drinks?

Will, it is probably a good idea to live with Grandma until you can find a job and then take your time finding a place. Moving next door or in the same rooming house as Paul is not a good idea.  And if Paul was a well-paid pro ball player, why can't he afford a nice condo?

I'm loving Roman.  Love him.  Never in a million years, or more accurately, about 15, did I think I'd be saying that.

Kayla is looking terrific, isn't she?  Which makes it even harder to believe she'd spend all that time with those two over-the-hill losers with their "shots", proving they're "men".  There comes a certain point where that loses it's appeal and for Steve and Jawn, that point came about 20 years ago.

Will doesn't s look so much as if he's stalking Paul right now as much as just looks plain nutz.  Coo coo.  Ready for a stay in the Abigail Deveraux Locked and Padded Suite at Shady Hills.  BTW, that ad he and Marlena were reading said a one-bedroom and I thought all Eli had were single rooms to rent?  Because a "one bedroom" means more than just ONE BEDROOM.

I have no problem with Eve with what happened today but Brady?  Isn't there a well somewhere on the property he could be tossed into?  

Ahh, there's the Rafe I hate and despise!  Wouldn't it be nice if, in every episode, not for any apparent reason or anything, somebody just walked up to Rafe, kneed him in the balls and then silently left the room?  Every day.  No follow up needed.

But I can never have nice things.

Oh, I bet Freddie Smith is on prednisone.  His weight gain was fast and his face is also puffy, that all looks like medication side effects to me.  I have sympathy for anyone going through that.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why is John putting stuff in to Steve's drinks?

I have no idea.  I am, however, glad you posted about it, as no one else had, and I was beginning to think I hallucinated that last "shocking" scene. LOL.

God, FS' acting is just getting worse and worse. And this story line is bs. Sonny is no longer likable at all. How stupid can he get? Are the writers sabotaging him on purpose? I mean, I dislike Brady a lot and I'm siding with him in this right now. Brady just dropped some truth bombs and I was all like, YAS QUEEN.

But Brady and Eve are just gross.

Will is hilarious today with his flirting and teasing. Then he's all endearing with truths about his life now. 
Stop resisting, Paul.Ya'll are too cute together. Great bonding scenes for Horita today. The music stuff was cute AF.

Glad that Paul won't settle for being Sonny's 2nd choice. I wouldn't, either.

Nice Photoshop on the wedding album.

I'm not really paying much attention to the rest of the stories...but yeah, John poisoning Steve is shocking and weird. 

22 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

God, FS' acting is just getting worse and worse. And this story line is bs. Sonny is no longer likable at all. How stupid can he get? Are the writers sabotaging him on purpose? I mean, I dislike Brady a lot and I'm siding with him in this right now. Brady just dropped some truth bombs and I was all like, YAS QUEEN.

But Brady and Eve are just gross.

Will is hilarious today with his flirting and teasing. Then he's all endearing with truths about his life now. 
Stop resisting, Paul.Ya'll are too cute together. Great bonding scenes for Horita today. The music stuff was cute AF.

Glad that Paul won't settle for being Sonny's 2nd choice. I wouldn't, either.

Nice Photoshop on the wedding album.

I'm not really paying much attention to the rest of the stories...but yeah, John poisoning Steve is shocking and weird. 

Can I just shout SECOND to your entire post?  I used to adore Sonny and now I can't stand him and I want him to wind up alone.  Will is adorable with Paul, and I especially love the look on Paul's face when Will was teasing him--Paul has no idea how to handle Will's flirting with him and it makes their interactions rather refreshing.  I guess it helps that I think Will's endearing, especially because there's such a vulnerability about him from the memory loss.

John didn't look triumphant or happy that Steve is so unwell so perhaps he's being blackmailed into hurting Steve?

Now Roman knows what was in Anna's letters and he's trying to protect Anna--please just tells us the contents already!

Did something unfortunate happen behind-the-scenes when this material was being taped?  I wouldn't say the writing itself was any better or worse back in November/early December but the actors seemed to have a zest in their step.  This has felt like people going through the motions for several weeks now.  Or maybe it is the writing, the actors are bored and it's coming through on screen.  

A journal nobody else is supposed to read is the perfect place for Will's terrible writing.

Will and Paul are cute together, but it's really hard to ignore the swinging axe of Will's memories returning hovering above them.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1