Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I just watched this week’s episodes. I am not thrilled with Ghost Will, even though I knew he would be a ghost. Strangely Ghost Will is a problem because CM was not Will when the character died, so it makes it hard even IMO for the non-spoilered to not go “Oh Will must be coming back.”  When AMC had Darnell Williams come back as Angel Jesse to guide Tad in times of stress, it was the same actor and it was clear that he was there to continue the role he played in the former Tad the Cad’s life. No one could seriously think that the show got CM back to do a couple of “I’m a ghost pop ups.”  I did like Will appearing in bed with Sonny because I never bought Sonny and Paul as a couple who truly cared for, let alone had some great love for one another)

It seems like Eli and Gabby are good friends with great chemistry. Is the show trying to set them up as a future couple, or will they go the tried and true Days route with black characters and shove Eli and Lani together regardless of their chemistry because they are the only non-related black characters, ala Lexie and Abe (who worked for a while until you saw RJ smolder with pretty much any man who came into her orbit and then the lack of interest and care the show has for its black characters became clear).

I love the show remembering that Abe and Nicole actually had a close relationship and their conversation was about Eric and what she is feel8ng for him wrang true.

I continue to insist that the only time this version of Brady worked was when he and a Eric were actually presented as loving brothers.  Aside from the fact that these scenes were some of the only ones where Brady is not just simply the worst; this worked because it enabled GV to gently assist BH with his acting, whereas when they are at odds, the imbalance in their acting skills becomes really visible.

• Love 3

Is anyone spoiler-free? Or at least anyone who doesn't eagerly read the spoilers every week. I see some Oct 2 spoilers in the spoiler thread and I'm trying really hard not to read them. For so long I've been reading the spoilers in hopes that things will get better, but now that the show is getting better, I think not knowing everything that's going to happen will make watching even, well, better.  But I don't know if I can do this if I'm the only one.  

• Love 2

I know this was discussed here before, but the scenes this week between Abby/Chad and Sonny/Paul discussing the pre-Cana questionnaire really bugged me.  There's more to pre-Cana than answering a few questions (though I just googled it to be sure and there is a 20 hour on-line course couples can complete--quite surprised at that).  And really, there is just NO WAY a priest would marry Sonny and Paul in the Catholic Church. .  Pope Francis may be very forward-thinking, but I don't believe he has OK'd same sex marriages as yet.   

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Is anyone spoiler-free? Or at least anyone who doesn't eagerly read the spoilers every week. I see some Oct 2 spoilers in the spoiler thread and I'm trying really hard not to read them. For so long I've been reading the spoilers in hopes that things will get better, but now that the show is getting better, I think not knowing everything that's going to happen will make watching even, well, better.  But I don't know if I can do this if I'm the only one.  

I wish I could be spoiler-free.   I think spoilers (as well as next day previews) are one of the reasons for the death of soaps.  Viewers know everything that's going to happen in advance--and who's coming and going--so there are no surprises anymore.  There's just too much information these days.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

I wish I could be spoiler-free.   I think spoilers (as well as next day previews) are one of the reasons for the death of soaps.  Viewers know everything that's going to happen in advance--and who's coming and going--so there are no surprises anymore.  There's just too much information these days.

To be fair, soaps are so predictable these days.  Seasoned viewers already know how a storyline will end, before it even starts.  We no longer have any Bill Bell, Agnes Nixon or Douglas Marland, as headwriters that will take risks in telling a story.  Soaps were risk takers and thought-provoking back in the day.. Erica's abortion on All My Children, was a shocker because it showed a woman making the choice to not have a child because she had no desire to have one. She chose to put her career ahead of motherhood.  Primetime TV at the time would not have done something like that.  Erica would have had a convenient miscarriage, after changing her mind.  Conversely, if she did have the procedure, she would be punished with sterility, for making that choice.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Buffy, I am also trying to stay spoiler-free from here on out. We can get through this together!

I wish Eric could be written more as an older brother to Brady because they have a serious age difference. I like that Eric has more silver and gray in his hair these days tobplay that. Him trying to act like Brady is his equal is a bit stupid. I think Brady needs a more sterm older brother type to rein him in a bit. Eric is so meek. You have to wonder how these men ended up as they did.

it would be so refreshing to see a storyline for Brady where he starts dealing with the fact that every woman he falls in love with agrees to get married and then disappears, and how that has affected emotionally. It would also be nice to see Eric finally moved beyond wallowing in guilt. Between what happened in Africa and what Kristen did to him and then the alcoholism, car accident and jail time, Eric just doesn't seem to have much self-respect left.

Did they get the Farmhouse set right? I know they previously repurposed the farmhouse into the cottage Nicole and Brady were hiding out in, so I'm curious if any eagle-eyed viewers can confirm they put the house back together properly so that it looks like the one Eric lived in...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, sas616 said:

The Canadian station I watch on doesn't show previews, but unfortunately I've been reading every spoiler I can find for the last 3 years. And with the show taping so much in advance, I'm spoiled for months to come on comings and goings, and some story-lines. But, I am really going to try not to read the weekly spoilers. And definitely not read the early airing Twitter updates, like I've been doing.  Yeah, I have a bad. ?

2 hours ago, annabel said:

I'm spoiler-free! come sit over here by me

Thanks. I'll pull up a chair.  ?

18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

But oh the temptation...! I need a meeting.

Me too. The spoiler thread is mocking me.  ?

• Love 2

My local station doesn't show previews either, and the only reading about the show I do is on this here forum, so unless someone lets something slip I pretty much know nothing. I didn't know VI was leaving for example, so I was rather surprised when Deimos ended up dead. I haven't read Soap Opera Digest in years, and that was my main source of spoilers.

• Love 3

Eric and Jennifer friendship is very sweet.     Brady is just getting nastier and nastier.   He's eyes even look crazy LOL.  Although I do wonder if he really is a better CEO than Sony.  Philip should just came back and tell them both to go sit in the corner the company is his. 

When he was grilling Nicole about who she was on the phone with wow that scene was intense.  I really thought he was going to pick up her phone and hit redial.  

Have zero interest in who the police commissioner will be.  Not loving the writing for JJ right now.  He does look good so at least there's that.  

• Love 6

I really can't imagine folks over the age of 25 or 30 needing the Catholic pre-marriage classes.  If you have been out on our own, have had your own home, and have had relationships with others, what is the point.  And for a re-marriage? Abs and Chad should just go the cheapish route of a civil ceremony.

• Love 3

I don't know why soaps are still under the impression of a wedding as a "big event".  This is like a staple of the past especially when you have your characters on their second and third marriages before the age of 30.  Is there anyone in Salem that doesn't care for a big wedding, or feels they are not in the best taste considering the circumstances.  Abby and Chad had a wedding less than two years ago, they are the perfect candidates for a civil service. 

• Love 3

At least soaps in the past only seemed to pull out the Big Wedding card when they knew it was something the viewers were legitimately looking forward to (Jake and Vicky, Bo and Hope, Luke and Laura, etc).

Salem hasn't had an eventful wedding since Bristen (Haiden was no fun cause we knew Aiden was getting thrown under the bus). I liked the recent Steve/Kayla wedding but it was hardly a big deal. Chad and Abby's first was attended by all of six people it seemed...and was in their living room. The Sami/EJ backyard wedding was lame because of the flashes to Sami fantasizing about him and Abigail kissing deliberately in front of her....and also Sami's awful hair extensions and dress.

I really hope this wedding is well attended. Who has a good reason to be there?

Marlena, John, Brady, Nicole, "Adrienne", Justin, Lucas, Victor, Maggie, Gabi, Arianna, Eli, Andre, Kate, Theo, JJ, Lani, Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Hope, Rafe...that's it, I think. 22 people. Let's see if they show.

(Steve, Kayla and Tripp aren't really needed, ditto for Abe and Val, Eric is in exile, Roman ain't related to this group, Claire never has scenes with Abigail or Jennifer so she can opt out and Tate and Holly are too young.)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

(Steve, Kayla and Tripp aren't really needed, ditto for Abe and Val, Eric is in exile, Roman ain't related to this group, Claire never has scenes with Abigail or Jennifer so she can opt out and Tate and Holly are too young.)

Sonny and Abigail are related Steve and Kayla.  Trip  and Claire are their cousins.  Roman and Eric are connected to Sonny, since he is raising Arianna.  Tate is also Sonny's cousin via Brady.

• Love 4

The Paulson conversation is too little too late.  The Will factor should have been an obstacle for them to overcome, when they started dating.  Had Sherry written for Paulson that is what she would have done. She did the same thing with Kim and Shane. Emma his dead wife was a part of their story, even before she came back.  It made her return from the dead so intriguing.

Bo and Carly had many conversations about Hope and how her death affected Bo and his guilt, about not being able to save her.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I have to say the following things about today..good and meh

• Freddie is tons better than he's been the past year or so...but it's still not enough, IMO.
  • Christopher SLAYED those scenes.
  • No, Paul...I don't think Will did know if Sonny loved him or not. Sonny hadn't told him he was coming back yet when Ben "killed" Will. He died wondering. So yeah, there.
  • I wish the boys would commit to the kisses...maybe use Brant as an example b/c those were hot kisses with Brian/Sonny.
  • Overall, I liked the conversation. There was some good honesty on both sides there. Glad it finally happened.
  • Abby continues to be an idiot. She doesn't want to perjure herself? Girl, you did that already when you lied under oath and said you were in love with Dario; not just giving him a green card.
  • Give Eli the police job. He's not currently schtupping his partner on the force and he was FBI.
  • I'm bored with this Rope crap. 
  • Bonnie...boring.
  • Well HELLO hottie Xander.
  • Sheila/Eli...hmm....was she an informant? Why do I care?
  • Love 2

While it was nice to see Will and Sonny together and happy together again, however briefly, I can't help thinking that whoever wrote the Nearly Shirtless Three-Way Dream Sequence doesn't actually understand how guilt works.

Also, Sonny, you are officially the worst liar about nightmares (if that even qualifies; see above) ever.

Are we back to having Sonny and Bonehead Black at odds over Titan again? Jeebus Feck, show, stop that! No one cares.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Can't Hope and Rafe be co-commissioners?

OMG, Sheila comparing Victor to Justin was hysterical.  :D

Gee, Abigail finally having to face consequences for one of her actions?

Xander just keeps popping up.  :)

So Victor really did hire Xander to kill Deimos.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I really can't imagine folks over the age of 25 or 30 needing the Catholic pre-marriage classes.  If you have been out on our own, have had your own home, and have had relationships with others, what is the point.  And for a re-marriage? Abs and Chad should just go the cheapish route of a civil ceremony.

i was married many years ago in the church and we did not have to go any classes.

more important: why is this show pretending that sonny and paul would even be allowed to be married in a catholic church? there is sustaining belief and there is sustaining belief. this is an actual no go, show! the pope hasn't gotten this worked out . yet :)

• Love 3

I finally figured out why I don't like Paul and Sony as a couple.  

JMHO Paul is to good for Sony    I know will cheated on him but I never felt Sony as a good husband    Seriously hated how he cleaned out their bank account and never discussed with Will    Not just that he did that but how consendening  he was about it.   

• Love 2

"If I just would have worked on our problems ... if I wouldn't have ran away..."

Seriously? Three grammar errors in two sentences? Holy crap! I hope Paul's Japanese isn't as bad as Sonny's English!

Unfortunately, the scenes in the church just underlined my problem with PaulSon: the emotion is just as false as the grammar.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

"If I just would have worked on our problems ... if I wouldn't have ran away..."

Seriously? Three grammar errors in two sentences? Holy crap! I hope Paul's Japanese isn't as bad as Sonny's English!

Unfortunately, the scenes in the church just underlined my problem with PaulSon: the emotion is just as false as the grammar.

Amen! 

• Love 2

So stuttering Chad thinks it's no big deal if Abby commits perjury by lying about her marriage to Dario?  I love Justin setting him straight.

I would love to see Abigail face consequences for her actions but she gets to keep skating through life.  Same with Chad.  Would enjoy getting a break from these two at some point after the wedding.

Loved seeing Eli and I enjoyed his scenes with his mom.  I wonder if they are setting it up so that Rafe and Eli will be forced to be partners?  Would rather see Eli be named as the Commissioner.

Sonny and Paul were boring. 

Still hoping for some Steve/Kayla scenes soon. 

I wonder how Eli and Sheila know each other?

Get Adrienne out of prison now please!

Edited by jaylee-03031
typo
  • Love 5

The best part of today's Show was the maid, she had the best lines.

I just can't with Rafe and Hope.  I dislike him and have for a long time, and he and Hope have negative chemistry.

Then there's Sonny and whatshisname.  Sparkle is such an empty suit and Sonny.....empty calories masquerading as a couple.

But we did have the maid!

• Love 7

Abe better realize that Eli is the logical choice to be commish.

Chad: You/she didn't do anything wrong

Yes, she did Chad, she married a man for the sole purpose of getting him a green card. that is fraud and she should go to jail

Victor is taking a call from Xander on a landline and Bonnie is listening in on an extension?? what year is this?

Edited by annabel
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

OMG, Sheila comparing Victor to Justin was hysterical.  :D

Xander just keeps popping up.  :)

• OMG, I didn't see that upon first watch b/c I ffwd it...hilarious. She can stay.
  • I've got a few places in my house that Xander can pop up any time.
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

I have never bought their chemistry. I love Christopher as a person and when given material, he's good. I think Freddie is the spoiler for me. And writing of PaulSon has been uneven. 

5 hours ago, annabel said:

Chad: You/she didn't do anything wrong

Yes, she did Chad, she married a man for the sole purpose of getting him a green card. that is fraud and she should go to jail

Victor is taking a call from Xander on a landline and Bonnie is listening in on an extension?? what year is this?

• Abby will never pay for her sins/offenses. They gloss over every bad thing she's done like she's the victim. Every Time. 
  • I guess it's b/c you can't overhear BOTH sides of the convo if he's speaking to him on a cell phone. If 2 gay guys can get married in the Catholic Church in Salem, then I guess I can twist my brain enough to think Victor would have and use a land line. LOL
Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:
  • OMG, I didn't see that upon first watch b/c I ffwd it...hilarious. She can stay.
  • I've got a few places in my house that Xander can pop up any time.

I have never bought their chemistry. I love Christopher as a person and when given material, he's good. I think Freddie is the spoiler for me. And writing of PaulSon has been uneven. 

• Abby will never pay for her sins/offenses. They gloss over every bad thing she's done like she's the victim. Every Time. 
  • I guess it's b/c you can't overhear BOTH sides of the convo if he's speaking to him on a cell phone. If 2 gay guys can get married in the Catholic Church in Salem, then I guess I can twist my brain enough to think Victor would have and use a land line. LOL

victor is elderly and many older people have a landline as well as a cell. there are people who still have both. i am not near victors age and i have both. it's hard to  give it up after all those years and technically speaking, you can HEAR clearly on it. it's a phone and it works like one! :)  my problem was,  he should be smart enough to not be having that conversation on any phone that could be traced, listened in on etc.

gay couple being married in a  catholic church fantasy is a mystery to me why they are pretending this is a thing. 

abby committed fraud, the idiot. she's so worried about postponing the wedding. i'd be worried about going to jail.  she and hope off the top of my head. pretty little princesses who don't pay for their crimes.

i loved justin stating it! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Get Adrienne out of prison now please!

This is typical Ron. I think that it is cruel what he is doing to her.  Ron cannot help himself, he loves camp.  His bonnie storyline makes everybody look foolish, especially Justin. It would be cool if one Adrienne's other sons were to come back for a visit and expose Bonnie.  I am not holding my breath. Ron will drag this into infinity..

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'll at least partially take back what I said here. It turns out I hadn't seen quite all of the church scenes for these two yesterday (I must have been more bored, or more distracted, than usual) and Paul's question about whether Sonny wonders if he could love Paul as much as he loved Will was more emotionally authentic than I usually see from Sparkle. I thought Christopher Sean did a pretty nice job with that moment.

Poor Eric's damned if he does Nicole, and damned if he tries to avoid doing Nicole: Now Bonehead Black's yelling at him for leaving town? Make up your damn mind, you chump.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Poor Eric's damned if he does Nicole, and damned if he tries to avoid doing Nicole: Now Bonehead Black's yelling at him for leaving town? Make up your damn mind, you chump.

Brady wanted Eric away from Nicole.  He never wanted him to leave town.  He said as much to him today.  It was Eric's choice to leave, not Brady's.  And it's very clear that it hit Brady hard, as well.

• Love 3

There are days - and today was one of them - that I think anyone with half a brain SHOULD flee this town, pronto.  Brady has white-knuckled it, how many times now?, before falling off the wagon, HARD.  The signs should be obvious, unless all of his nearest and dearest are as bored with him as I am.

Eric Martsolf is a charming, funny guy from what I've seen outside of Days, but he plays Brady as someone with constant constipation who's really, really, REALLY mad about it.  Mix some senna with your scotch and give us ALL a break.

So Eli knows whatshername from prison, huh?  From the look on his face it wasn't a good breakup!  

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This is typical Ron. I think that it is cruel what he is doing to her.  Ron cannot help himself, he loves camp.  His bonnie storyline makes everybody look foolish, especially Justin. It would be cool if one Adrienne's other sons were to come back for a visit and expose Bonnie.  I am not holding my breath. Ron will drag this into infinity..

I agree.  Dragging this storyline out, while maybe good every now and then for a laugh does nobody any favors.  It's really ridiculous that no-one has busted Bonnie yet.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Jabu said:

Brady wanted Eric away from Nicole.  He never wanted him to leave town.  He said as much to him today.  It was Eric's choice to leave, not Brady's.  And it's very clear that it hit Brady hard, as well.

It's easy enough for Brady to say that he never wanted Eric to leave town, but I think it only hit him at all once he saw that Eric intended to go through with it. Brady doesn't reflect very often or very deeply on the costs his selfishness exacts from others.

• Love 9

I didn't like some of the things Nicole did when she was a schemer, but that version of Nicole was way more entertaining to watch than the current idiot doormat the writers have turned her into.  Also, while Nicole did some despicable things, I'm not sure anyone deserves to be saddled with Daniel, Brady and Eric.  Brady and Eric had possibilities as characters, but at this point, I think they are even dumber than Austin ever was, and that just should never be possible.

The best threesome this show had was Sami, Kate and Nicole.  Those three stirring up trouble made things interesting.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Sandman said:

It's easy enough for Brady to say that he never wanted Eric to leave town, but I think it only hit him at all once he saw that Eric intended to go through with it. Brady doesn't reflect very often or very deeply on the costs his selfishness exacts from others.

That's not totally true.  He just doesn't reflect on it as it's happening.  It usually doesn't hit him until after it's happened.

• Love 3

Hooray for Deus Ex Gabi, who somehow knows how to contact Dario. Abs should be grilled by US Immigration for a fraudulent 'marriage' and possibly face some charges. Of course, Dario was just as fraudulent. Gabi was waaaay too decent to help Chad and Abs out.

Sheila knowing Eli might be interesting.

Police Commissioner Hope? Really? The show needs to either choose Eli or bring in some new character.

Bonnie, robbing Maggie's purse will do you no good. The Kiriaki are starting to clue in that you are not exactly 'Adrienne'.

Brady, you got what you want by Eric leaving town. However, this will all probably backfire on you in the near future and you will lose Nicole because of your selfishness, immaturity, and insecurity. She and Holly should move to a town where there is no Daniel, no Eric, and no you.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sheila knowing Eli might be interesting.

She mentioned wanting some revenge of her own.  I wonder if it's from something Eli did to her that landed her in prison?

• Love 4

I'm watching Monday's episode, and struck by how much Christopher Sean's acting is on point. He really was killing it in the scene at the church. Freddie on the other hand still seemed to be struggling, although he was better than he's been all year (not that that's saying much.)

I'm glad Ron is finally having these two deal with the issues that the show completely avoided all this time, but I cannot understate how little I care about either of them at this point. It's sad. They're finally getting their big story as a couple and there's virtually nothing I can imagine them doing that would be of interest.

If this had been handled properly, Paul would have avoided getting involved with Sonny and dated around to distract himself. Sonny might have even been angry to see him back in Salem, and redirected his guilt over the way his marriage with Will ended at Paul, and accused him of being the reason the marriage never worked. Then they could have become complete enemies for a short time, until circumstances finally had their passions boil over into a kiss (sweeps week), that would lead them to have to be really honest about their true feelings. Sonny could have admitted he still loved Paul but hated the way he ended up becoming involved with Will. Paul could admit that he had alot of guilt about that and wished he had avoided Sonny and Will's marriage while it was on the rocks. And then they could have mutually decided to move forward and start dating.

And then the show could have organically woven in little bits of their first relationship. It seems like the show has completely forgotten that these two guys used to be secret lovers on the down low for quite a while. There's no references to their first affair in any way that's interesting. I don't care if they danced to a song one time or went to a baseball game together. I want to know if Sonny feels like Paul has changed in terms of his confidence or his personal habits. And didn't Sonny propose to Paul back then only to have Paul refuse? I thought for sure the writers would do something with that once these two became engaged again. Like a call back or resolution to that or something.

There are all these intimate details that normally get painted into couples on soaps that I just don't see this show doing anymore.

I guess we sort of got a version of this with Derrek as the guy Paul was dating, but it was such a weak tea storyline I don't know why they bothered. Having these two finally discuss Will the day before their wedding says, if nothing else, that they are not going to last. To which I say "yay." They can exit any time they want.

Hope and Rafe going "You're the best!" / "No, you're the best!" / "No! You're better!!" makes me physically ill. I wish Stefano would rise again just to shoot them both multiple times and then drag their carcasses all over town. Shut!Up! Rope.

How did Abigail forget that she had committed immigration fraud? She is such a moron. If she and Chad had cooled it for a few months and waited before getting married again - which makes sense given her massive mental health issues - I don't think it would have seemed anywhere near as suspicious to the judge.

So glad Xander is still around. Ron would be smart to use him.

"Your melons are turning brown" is an awfully harsh thing to say to a woman you believe recently had reconstructive surgery, Victor. In spite of that, I laughed hard.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hope and Rafe going "You're the best!" / "No, you're the best!" / "No! You're better!!" makes me physically ill. I wish Stefano would rise again just to shoot them both multiple times and then drag their carcasses all over town. Shut!Up! Rope.

We've been having such great summer weather this week, that I've missed the show both days.  Have to say I'm glad I missed the above. Rope sicken me.  And until Ron, or the next writing team, retcons that horrible Stefano murder mess, I can't see my hate lessening any time soon.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm watching Monday's episode, and struck by how much Christopher Sean's acting is on point. He really was killing it in the scene at the church. Freddie on the other hand still seemed to be struggling, although he was better than he's been all year (not that that's saying much.)

I'm glad Ron is finally having these two deal with the issues that the show completely avoided all this time, but I cannot understate how little I care about either of them at this point. It's sad. They're finally getting their big story as a couple and there's virtually nothing I can imagine them doing that would be of interest.

If this had been handled properly, Paul would have avoided getting involved with Sonny and dated around to distract himself. Sonny might have even been angry to see him back in Salem, and redirected his guilt over the way his marriage with Will ended at Paul, and accused him of being the reason the marriage never worked. Then they could have become complete enemies for a short time, until circumstances finally had their passions boil over into a kiss (sweeps week), that would lead them to have to be really honest about their true feelings. Sonny could have admitted he still loved Paul but hated the way he ended up becoming involved with Will. Paul could admit that he had alot of guilt about that and wished he had avoided Sonny and Will's marriage while it was on the rocks. And then they could have mutually decided to move forward and start dating.

And then the show could have organically woven in little bits of their first relationship. It seems like the show has completely forgotten that these two guys used to be secret lovers on the down low for quite a while. There's no references to their first affair in any way that's interesting. I don't care if they danced to a song one time or went to a baseball game together. I want to know if Sonny feels like Paul has changed in terms of his confidence or his personal habits. And didn't Sonny propose to Paul back then only to have Paul refuse? I thought for sure the writers would do something with that once these two became engaged again. Like a call back or resolution to that or something.

There are all these intimate details that normally get painted into couples on soaps that I just don't see this show doing anymore.

I guess we sort of got a version of this with Derrek as the guy Paul was dating, but it was such a weak tea storyline I don't know why they bothered. Having these two finally discuss Will the day before their wedding says, if nothing else, that they are not going to last. To which I say "yay." They can exit any time they want.

How did Abigail forget that she had committed immigration fraud? She is such a moron. If she and Chad had cooled it for a few months and waited before getting married again - which makes sense given her massive mental health issues - I don't think it would have seemed anywhere near as suspicious to the judge.

So glad Xander is still around. Ron would be smart to use him.

"Your melons are turning brown" is an awfully harsh thing to say to a woman you believe recently had reconstructive surgery, Victor. In spite of that, I laughed hard.

The show never had any interest in Paulson. They were just window dressing for the backlash over Will's death.   They had 2 years to build them and make them a viable couple.  Make us want Paulson to be together, how are they meant to be. They never did that.  Ron should build them up as a couple, give them organic obstacles, triumphs, setbacks, growth and then in 2018, do the story that he is doing now.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'll at least partially take back what I said here. It turns out I hadn't seen quite all of the church scenes for these two yesterday (I must have been more bored, or more distracted, than usual) and Paul's question about whether Sonny wonders if he could love Paul as much as he loved Will was more emotionally authentic than I usually see from Sparkle. I thought Christopher Sean did a pretty nice job with that moment.

He pretty much brought his A game on Monday. I am dying to see his chemistry with Chandler. I really want this to play out organically...something that PaulSon has NEVER had. It's all, "oh, they're the loves of each others lives...and...oh, they had this brilliant relationship and would still be together were it not for the dreaded LGBT closet.." but we never got to see any of that. Plus, Freddie and Christopher have almost zero chemistry.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And didn't Sonny propose to Paul back then only to have Paul refuse? I thought for sure the writers would do something with that once these two became engaged again. Like a call back or resolution to that or something.

Finally after 2 years of ignoring the elephant in the room, they had the conversation. This should have happened when they were dating...and certainly before an engagement...not literally the night before the wedding.

35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show never had any interest in Paulson. They were just window dressing for the backlash over Will's death.   They had 2 years to build them and make them a viable couple.  Make us want Paulson to be together, how are they meant to be. They never did that.  Ron should build them up as a couple, give them organic obstacles, triumphs, setbacks, growth and then in 2018, do the story that he is doing now.  

yes, but I'm glad I don't have to wait a year for Will. LOL

• Love 3

I didn't think the writers had any idea what to do with Will and Sonny once they got married.  I still think the original cheating SL was going to be Sonny cheating on Will, and then they changed it.  At this point, I don't care about Sonny or Paul.  I want to see Will with Ariana, Sami, Lucas and Kate.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4