Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Given that Kate has nearly been killed twice in the last 2 weeks, I would really appreciate a scene with her, Lucas and Phillip. They should really check in on their Mom.

Clyde had a gun on her twice..and still failed to kill her. Wonder if the third time will be the charm...

I did like how being shot totally didn't phase Orpheaus. Of course, it shouldn't i suppose, since the last time he was shot he supposedly "died". This one was only a flesh wound by comparison. 

• Love 4

This is all so stupid.  You'd think escaped convicts would get as far away from society as possible, like those two prison escapees in NY last year.  They weren't gallivanting around the town.  They were holed up in shacks trying to outrun the cops.  Could we have even a small amount of realism here? I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to a certain point, but c'mon.

If they were truly hellbent on revenge, they would have made it quick, shot some people and gotten the heck out of dodge.  Then the Salem PD's personal Barney Fifes (Hope and JJ) could spend the next year trying to catch them.

The whole plot is messy and makes no sense.  First off, why didn't Gomer Pyle Clyde seek revenge on Kate when she broke up with him in the first place? As I recall he seemed to let it go.  And why is he hesitating to kill her? He's always been a total psychopath who has no qualms about hurting people, so this pussyfooting around is ridiculous.  Does he think Kate is going to forgive him?

Why are Kate, Marlena and Claire walking around in empty alleys anyway? And after asking for a panic button, Kate walks away, seemingly unperturbed about the fact that she almost got her head blown off.  

Orpheus thinks Steve's dead, so what's the point in keeping Joey alive? And a truly crazy criminal probably would have shot Joey in the eye like he said he should do.

Claire leaves me speechless.  Ship her to Hong Kong, please!!

I swear, I made up better storylines with my Barbies when I was a kid.  Maybe it's my personal frustrations coming out, but yesterday's show really stunk.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 12

I swear, I made up better storylines with my Barbies when I was a kid. 

*snort* Yeah. I hear you. And the thing is, I don't want anyone else to get hurt (except Dumb Rafe) so I feel torn. Can't enjoy the threat of these killers because the last year has been stuffed with people suffering.

As I said, yesterday did a disservice to the Cons.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Polaris said:

This is all so stupid.  You'd think escaped convicts would get as far away from society as possible, like those two prison escapees in NY last year.  They weren't gallivanting around the town.  They were holed up in shacks trying to outrun the cops.  Could we have even a small amount of realism here? I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to a certain point, but c'mon.

If they were truly hellbent on revenge, they would have made it quick, shot some people and gotten the heck out of dodge.  Then the Salem PD's personal Barney Fifes (Hope and JJ) could spend the next year trying to catch them.

The whole plot is messy and makes no sense.  First off, why didn't Gomer Pyle Clyde seek revenge on Kate when she broke up with him in the first place? As I recall he seemed to let it go.  And why is he hesitating to kill her? He's always been a total psychopath who has no qualms about hurting people, so this pussyfooting around is ridiculous.  Does he think Kate is going to forgive him?

Why are Kate, Marlena and Claire walking around in empty alleys anyway? And after asking for a panic button, Kate walks away, seemingly unperturbed about the fact that she almost got her head blown off.  

Orpheus thinks Steve's dead, so what's the point in keeping Joey alive? And a truly crazy criminal probably would have shot Joey in the eye like he said he should do.

Claire leaves me speechless.  Ship her to Hong Kong, please!!

I swear, I made up better storylines with my Barbies when I was a kid.  Maybe it's my personal frustrations coming out, but yesterday's show really stunk.

Orpheus in character would not be cavorting with the likes of Xander and Clyde for too long..He would have gotten rid of them, after the prison break..They are too unpredictable and unstable..Orpheus was always methodical and cold in his interactions with people....I saw the first time that Marlena and Orpheus met face to face in the Stockholm storyline....He was super creepy , but he was also charming and had a  trusting persona, like a true psychopath.. He got Marlena to trust him, before he told her that, he was the one holding her hostage and that he had no intention of helping her, get to her husband...

Clyde's obsession with Kate makes no sense..He should be targeting JJ who betrayed him.....It is JJ's betrayal that got him sent to prison.

Claire is too dumb to live....

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Polaris said:

But in this town, the cops are only semi-competent at committing and covering up their own crimes and completely incapable of solving others.  Salem is probably the safest place in the country for the escapees!  :-D

• Love 4

I've criticized the kids and the lack of acting talent but today's scenes with Abe and Theo were very well done. KP is a keeper as Theo. He has improved over time and now can hold a scene believably unlike the others. Great job today.

The rest of the episode was pretty good too. Now the mystery of Chloe's baby needs to be explained.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, rcc said:

I've criticized the kids and the lack of acting talent but today's scenes with Abe and Theo were very well done. KP is a keeper as Theo. He has improved over time and now can hold a scene believably unlike the others. Great job today.

The rest of the episode was pretty good too. Now the mystery of Chloe's baby needs to be explained.

I fear that Chloe is carrying the spawn of Taniel.....She is probably carrying the child of Taniel and Nicole..The show has been laying it thick,that Nicole is childless...Daniel is like herpes, we will never be free of him.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

How could she possibly be carrying Nicole and Daniel's child? I wouldn't put it past the writers, who are obsessed with the Tan One, but that would mean she would have had to be their surrogate...and I don't remember anything ever being discussed about that.

Theo was awesome today. If they can do things like this every once in awhile without getting too wrapped up in his autism, I think that's all we'll need. I don't trust them to do a more in-depth story line about it but as long as they don't ignore it completely I'm happy.

I hate the whole Aiden storyline, but I thought Hope's near breakdown once Aiden started questioning the evidence was very believable. Hopefully we don't get Rafe taking the fall for Hope and going to trial. I couldn't deal with seeing him getting propped that way, and I'd be much more interested in seeing Hope deal with having her entire reputation destroyed and being put on trial...with Roman suffering as well.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

How could she possibly be carrying Nicole and Daniel's child? I wouldn't put it past the writers, who are obsessed with the Tan One, but that would mean she would have had to be their surrogate...and I don't remember anything ever being discussed about that.

Marlena was possessed by the devil, she levitated and defied gravity..Over 50 year old Kristen, stole Theresa's fetus and had it implanted in her womb. Georgia was a stillborn baby, buried in the swamps and came back a healthy teen, calling herself Chelsea. Anything is possible on this show.. Plus, this show's sickening obsession with that disgusting doctor will never end...Even dead, he still has a stranglehold on the show...Unbelievable! Meanwhile, Bo, Will, Jack, Alice, Tom are never mentioned, but, that damn asshole does...

I want Aiden to nail Hope and her purseholder Rafe to the wall...I cannot stand those two...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Mane,  Naw,  naw,  naw!!!   Please Chloe you didn't bionk Daniel or had some of his frozen sperm laying around. Good soap lord I can't.  Don't do this to me.   If it is,  I really hope someone just give Chloe a classic soap push down some stairs.   ??

Nice to see the Salem PD DTs are still a bunch of idiots.   Hope/Rafe/Roman -  you could had at least checked the room, went mosquitoe park or hell went somewhere else to chat like the Brady Pub.     Aiden is too transparent, suspicious and smart enough that he would fall for this story.   He's also bitter too so he has a fuel motivation.  Oy.  On the bright side,  at least,  this truth that has been dragging will soon come out one way or another. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

I hope Aiden ruins Hope and Rafe.

OMG Chloe is somehow knocked up with Dan's baby, isn't she? I can't.

STFU Deimos. You're shocked that Chloe had se with you and Phillip around the same time even though you were professing love to three different women within the span of a month.

I'm glad they finally gave Theo and Abe some scene that were more than just time fillers.

• Love 7

JR and JP were wonderful today.  Abe and Theo need to have a front-burner story, especially Abe.  JR is one of the best actors on Days but he's the most under-utilized.

Hopefully Kate switched the results before getting waylaid by Clyde, and is playing like she didn't to drive a wedge between Philip and Chloe. 

Also, I wish the writers of television shows would learn the difference between a theory and a hypothesis.  Whatever.  If Aiden's common misunderstanding of the scientific method leads to the downfall of Hope and Rafe, so be it.

• Love 5

Ha, even Clyde is criticizing Orpheus for talking like a stereotypical cartoon villain instead of just shooting people and getting it over with.  :)

Why couldn't Chloe have jumped into bed with Philip BEFORE she slept with Deimos?

Xander is planning on killing all of the Kiriakis family?  That's going to take a lot of bullets.

Man, Kyler Pettis is killing it.

Wow, I knew that the spoilers were saying that there would be a shocker about the baby results, but this is a biggie.

Kate was talking about Chloe wanting to trap Philip for his money, but surely she gets child support from Daniel's estate, and also alimony from Daniel's estate, too, right?

OK, let's hope Nicole gets pregnant now.  I really want Nicole to have a baby.

Where did Aiden get that recording?

I missed a few minutes towards the end, did we find out who the father of Chloe's baby is?

• Love 4

Chimera.  I bet they're going this route with Chloe's baby.  It's a confusing DNA thing where a child can have DNA different than expected, often, with a first testing, making it look like the baby isn't related to a parent.  Or, at least that's the Soap Opera explanation.

This storyline was done on AMC in a dreadful storyline featuring the dreadful Annie and the utterly repulsive and unnecessary blight on humanity Ryan Lavery where their (surprisinly delightful) child didn't have the same DNA as her mother in some stupid custody battle.  I think.....anyway, the storyline sucked, but that's exactly why Dena might be recycling it now.

We've had no indication whatsoever that Chloe had sex with anyone other than Deimos and to throw that in now, without even a shade of suspicion before, would be the height of b.s.

Chimera.

• Love 4

This is so patently ridiculous. Yeah, Hope killed someone which puts her in the muck with the rest of Salem, but freaking Aiden TRIED TO KILL HER, too. It screams idiocy and hypocrisy.

I remember when good guys were good and bad guys were bad on this show, but this seems to have overtaken all the remaining soaps. No wonder they're dying on the vine.

• Love 4

I enjoyed the Theo scenes. Well done.

The terrible trio? What sort of disguises can be realistic? Did get a bit queasy when Orpheus was stitching himself up.

Someone else could have switched the results - even Deimos! Playing a long con. I don't think I really care.

Aiden, do go ahead and nail Hope and Rafe. You or your doppelganger did try to kill her though. I'd just call it even.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is so patently ridiculous. Yeah, Hope killed someone which puts her in the muck with the rest of Salem, but freaking Aiden TRIED TO KILL HER, too. It screams idiocy and hypocrisy.

Aiden never made the actual attempt.  In fact, he was just about to tell Hope everything when he was switched for the doppelganger.  So I think he's still ahead.

• Love 3

I'm amazed how Roman hasn't yet been especially involved in this storyline with Orpheus. Does Josh have it written in his contract that he will only appear once every two weeks and never actually serve the plot? I was kind of hoping to see him do something for a change...

Roman has absolutely no personality. Unlike the other veterans, who have also become significantly more bland over the years, his glory days are so far in the rearview mirror I can't even remember what it was anybody liked about him. Wish they would give him an angle of some kind. Maybe he's tired of working on the force? Maybe he still misses being married to Kate? I'm doubtful on that, but I'm also grasping at straws...

Hopefully, if Hope is put on trial and his reputation is called into question we will finally see something deeper from this character.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The terrible trio? What sort of disguises can be realistic?

Maybe The Three Stooges are waiting for Halloween to put their plan into action.  Then they can dress up like convicts and nobody will notice! Dear heavens, please make this storyline go away.  Xander looks increasingly like a mouth-breathing hillbilly rather than the suave Kiriakis relative he was when he first showed up.

When Hope was blabbering about the coverup to Rafe in that room, I said to myself, "Don't they ever worry that the room is bugged?" Lo and behold, there's Aiden with his recorder! Hope, if you need to talk about it, take Rafe into the bathroom and turn on the shower for Pete's sake! I think Tony Soprano did that once.

• Love 7

Wonder when we'll find out what's up with the paternity of Chloe's baby. I so hope it's not Daniel's but I fear that's where they're going with this. My even bigger fear is that somehow they will figure out a way to bring the character back despite the fact that his heart was transplanted into Brady.

Deimos drives me crazy. He had all these dreams of raising his son with whom?  Nicole?  Did he forget Chloe is the mother of the unborn child. And don't get me started on his shock that Chloe slept with him and Philip, while he himself slept with and proposed marriage to 3 different women! 

Loved Abe and Theo. What a great younger actor they found with Kyler Pettis. Hopefully they are working up to doing a story-line with him that will showcase his talent and get him an Emmy.

Watching Abe and Theo yesterday, reminded me of the other loving father on the show, John. Even with his retconned son, the love is so apparent. Wish they'd have more scenes with John and Brady, though.

Also wish they had a mother/daughter pairing that showcased the maternal love. Marlena has no kids in Salem anymore. And Belle was more about her own drama than her daughter.  Hope is also too busy with her own troubles.  Off the top of my head, the only mother/daughter pairing that showed any sort of real love was the horrible retconned Summer and Maggie!  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Loved Abe and Theo. What a great younger actor they found with Kyler Pettis. Hopefully they are working up to doing a story-line with him that will showcase his talent and get him an Emmy.

I love them together...It is about time that Abe got to be with his family..If we can only get a love interest for Abe....The Carver family should be have a presence on the show....

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Watching Abe and Theo yesterday, reminded me of the other loving father on the show, John. Even with his retconned son, the love is so apparent. Wish they'd have more scenes with John and Brady, though.

John was always so good in father mode, especially, when he was Roman...I resent Sparkles' inclusion into the Black family..It should be either Eric or Brady.. They are his sons.  I am hoping that Dena will retcon him, being John's son....If they wanted to give him a long lost son, then it should have been a son via  Diana..Diana and Rojohn were a great couple and they did love each other at one point..I have always wondered how she would have reacted to Marlena coming back from the dead..Would she have been gracious like Isabella or gone bonkers like Kristen? She was always intimidated by her ghost...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...by shanking a chained-up convict he thought arranged to have Gabi mugged.

You know, because he's totally over that whole 'assassin' thing.

He basically attacked an innocent person, not realizing that, Dario arranged the whole thing...

• Love 2

Claire is a brat. Since I wasn't watching during the teenage Sami years was she as obnoxious as what we are watching now.

If so, then that explains the Sami hate I've read here and other places.

• Love 3

Claire needs to escape all the 'ridiculous' adults trying to keep her sale so she can find a Hotspot, take a selfie and be the first (or the most recent) victim of the Three Stooges.  Or, in a "Randsome of Red Chief" fashion, is kidnapped and held captive until all three can no longer stand to listen to "but my public is waiting for me to post" and either releases her or kills her.

Where is Ben when we need him?

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

Claire needs to escape all the 'ridiculous' adults trying to keep her sale so she can find a Hotspot, take a selfie and be the first (or the most recent) victim of the Three Stooges.  Or, in a "Randsome of Red Chief" fashion, is kidnapped and held captive until all three can no longer stand to listen to "but my public is waiting for me to post" and either releases her or kills her.

Where is Ben when we need him?

Claire is an idiot....Paul is annoying and Paulson is so contrived. The show has no interesting young couple..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2016 at 9:00 PM, DisneyBoy said:

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...by shanking a chained-up convict he thought arranged to have Gabi mugged.

You know, because he's totally over that whole 'assassin' thing.

Murder is right up there with scrapbooking in Salem these days.  Just a little hobby, fun for the whole family.  

• Love 5

Claire is quickly becoming an annoying useless brat like Ciara and Failure. The writers need to chill before the only likable woman under 50 are Gabi and Nicole (when she's not being desperate and pathetic).

I like how no one seems to take this threat from the convicts seriously. People just walk around town with no fucks given and then are surprised or annoyed when they get snatched or have a gun pulled on them.

What was the purpose of the Sonny/Sparkle scenes? And why are the reusing the Wilson song for Sonny and Sparkle?

Jen told Jj he was reaching by trying to blame Failure's demise on EJ and Chad AND wasn't a hateful bitch towards Chad. I'm confused and scared.

LMAO SOnny is Brady's right hand man while he's ordering goons to shoot the fugitives. I can't. What is this? Stop it, Sonny. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He basically attacked an innocent person, not realizing that, Dario arranged the whole thing...

But wasn't the person in the van the actual mugger?  Dario may have arranged it but the guy did rough Gabi up and maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to have intentions to do more to her then steal her purse, so he's not exactly innocent.

On today's episode, I enjoyed the Chad/Gabi scenes and the Chad/Jenn scenes.  I think the chemistry between Chad and Gabi just leaps off the screen and I enjoy watching them flirt and be adorable together.  I also appreciated that Jenn acknowledged that Chad loved Abby and he wasn't responsible for her going crazy and why is JJ acting like Abby's not responsible for who she gets into relationships with?

What the heck was that moment between Sonny and Paul with Paul asking sarcastically about Victor's business being legit?  Was Sonny's dead eye stare supposed to show how scary he is because it didn't quite work.

• Love 5

He's pretty and all but I'm not loving Crime Family Sonny.  Not working for me. 

What was the point of the scenes with Sparkle?  Sparkle needs a new boyfriend.  Can't that Brian guy come back or something? He was pretty hot.

• Love 5

Are they seriously trying to pull off a "Michael Corelone" story on Sonny? As in he's getting pulled into the family "business" . I've got faith in Freddie that he could pull it off but this is seriously turning me off. He can be dark when necessary, but he could also be the sweet caring guy at other times like the really nice scene he had with Chad a couple of weeks ago.  I do agree, Sparkle needs a new boyfriend if nothing else just to wake Sonny up.

• Love 2

So what's Brady's purpose, exactly?  I'm really not sure.  We haven't seen vein-popping, ready-to-punch anyone Brady in a while, but he was back today in full force.  He started after Abe as if he was going to punch him into the ground.  And what was he doing there, anyway?  He's not a cop, doesn't have the expertise his Dad does;  so why was he in on the planning at the police station?

As far as I can see, Brady is either exploding with rage, or showing off his hairless bod, or growling in someone's face - those are his three settings.  And they never change.  He never changes.  

So other than being eye candy if you like 'em hairless and angry, what's he around for again?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, boes said:

So what's Brady's purpose, exactly?  I'm really not sure.  We haven't seen vein-popping, ready-to-punch anyone Brady in a while, but he was back today in full force.  He started after Abe as if he was going to punch him into the ground.  And what was he doing there, anyway?  He's not a cop, doesn't have the expertise his Dad does;  so why was he in on the planning at the police station?

As far as I can see, Brady is either exploding with rage, or showing off his hairless bod, or growling in someone's face - those are his three settings.  And they never change.  He never changes.  

So other than being eye candy if you like 'em hairless and angry, what's he around for again?

Today was an example why a character needs to be more than  just eye candy.

The character never had any substance or depth about him no mater who played the role.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Today was an example why a character needs to be more than  just eye candy.

The character never had any substance or depth about him no mater who played the role.

I feel that Tom Langan ruined the character by aging him and Belle overnight, without a plan for them..Lorraine Broderick was against aging them so fast, but, he  insisted, since he was in charge.....Brady should have been a dynamic character, but, he is not.....The actor has his moments, but, he comes off as a big, idiot, especially, when it comes to the women that he gets with...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I agree on the Paulson front - they have zero chemistry, whether arguing or not-flirting. Sad.

What is so infuriating, is that Will was thrown, under the bus, to facilitate that insipid pairing...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Brady should consider anger management courses. And of course, growing up. No need for him to be at the police station - a simple call would suffice.

You're a really good babysitter, Sparkle. Of course, Claire had this coming. Maybe she will get over her damn Selfie. I remember life without wifi and cell phones and it is absolutely glorious to leave your home and let the machine pick up (if you had one), or had the person call again!

Don't know how legit Marlena's profile is, since she did have Clyde as a patient. Maybe some confidentiality issues? An outside shrink could easily have been brought in, given the facts about Mr. Weston, and created a profile.

Gabi looked beautiful.

I did enjoy Chad being a decent human being with Jennifer. More than she deserved. The slicked down/pulled-back hair really ages her and needs to go. The house must have a lot of windows since it seemed very bright in the daylight.

I have a few months' supply of Bath and Body Works candles...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, boes said:

Remember the good ole Days when Brady was acting like a loose canon and Abe shot him?  Was waiting for Abe to have a flashback to that and pull out a gun.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Remember the good ole Days when Brady was acting like a loose canon and Abe shot him?  Was waiting for Abe to have a flashback to that and pull out a gun.

Was it the time that he inexplicably hated his mom Marlena and ranted how she was jealous of Isabella and resented his dad's love for her...Brady has always been an asshole..He conveniently forgot that Roman and Marlena named Belle after Isabella, when she was believed to be Roman's daughter and not John...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Was it the time that he inexplicably hated his mom Marlena and ranted how she was jealous of Isabella and resented his dad's love for her...

It was.  This was when TPTB were trying to re-create the "Sami hates John" storyline and have "Brady hates Marlena".  Marlena was confiding in Roman about it which lead to Abe shooting Brady while he was trying to run away.  John blamed Marlena and she moved out of the penthouse.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

It was.  This was when TPTB were trying to re-create the "Sami hates John" storyline and have "Brady hates Marlena".  Marlena was confiding in Roman about it which lead to Abe shooting Brady while he was trying to run away.  John blamed Marlena and she moved out of the penthouse.

It made no sense, Marlena is the only mother that he has ever known.. He was a few months old, when Isabella died...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1