Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I am trying really really hard to stay interested, but Show is making it very difficult. There is not much that makes any sense at all and I have no idea what anyone wants, or what anyone's motivations are.

• Love 7
On 6/13/2016 at 11:20 PM, boes said:

The standoff with the gunman seemed to take forever.  Too bad he didn't hit Joey in the head - nothing would have been damaged.  Patch and Kayla's next adventure needs to be searching to find their REAL son.

This is my dream for Steve and Kayla, as I don't care for Joey the numbskull strangler at all. 

I'm behind a couple of days and am disturbed (but not surprised!) that Victor is going to screw over Nicole.  I hope she remembers she has a brain and eviscerates him.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Deimos says he has no children.  I'm sure that will change sometime in the future

Gonna be tough to sell unless he had a lot of conjugal visits in prison. 

So yesterday.....silly story but anytime I see Mama Hernandez, I'm happy.

Victor's level of loathsomeness is reaching new depths.  Will this be the end of him a nd Maggie when she finds out?

Hope and Aiden, lost whatever magic they once had and it's not coming back.

Nadia Bjorlin was good, a nice surprise.

Team DEIMOS here.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ciara saying "Abigail abandoned you" just to make herself info Chad's mistress is such CRAP.

I think this will make me hate Ciara. I didn't before, like some people here, but this is just gross.

Why is Kate throwing Nicole under the bus? Just to cover for her impulse control problem? She accidentally kills Deimos and can't concoct some other story??

I didn't mind him at first, but Philip is the show's Jim Carrey. Annoying with the face.

Actress playing Jade is excellent. I feel for her.

Between the Deimos crap, the Joey crap and the Crabby crap, there is no reason to tune in.

More JJ and Rory please. More Theresa please. Some Claire. Some Caroline.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I know that I'll probably have more thoughts after the whole episode, but WTF with JPL's faces today??!??  Starting at about 6 minutes in, they are worse than usual.  What is he doing???  LOL How do the actors keep a straight face with him?

SN and MBE are so, so beautiful together.  How they play off of each other never stops captivating me - not after 30 years.  

Jade actress is not bad at all.  Sometimes, I need a hug from SN too  :) 

• Love 5
(edited)

Wasn't that all a little anticlimactic with Joey?  Remember when lots of family members and friends cared when other characters got shot/hurt?  And came together? And it went on for a few days and maybe you cried with them?  And it's not because Steve and Kayla are out of town - it's because the show blows.  

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 6

Dario & Nicole might work. They're both a little shady, right?

That Jarlena propsal came out of left field, but the continuity was good and it was good to see them get frisky. 

Hope brainwashed Paul kicks in soon....

• Love 1

Ciara is the next Failure in the making. If they're really going to have Chad and Ciara hookup I hope Failure walks in on them. Maybe then she'll know what Sami and Carrie felt like..

The cult story was extremely pointless. There were much better ways to bring Steve and Kayla back together.

Kate just wants everyone to be as miserable and alone as she is. 

• Love 5
(edited)

How I wish Nicole would pair up with someone who owns a razor!

boes, Mama H makes me smile too! The actress seems very natural in the role. 

I'm starting to warm up to Jade but wonder, does she have parents? 

Im glad the John/Marlena marriage is cleared up. I've been wondering for months if they ever made it legal. 

Will Jade's aunt somehow find herself in Salem? I remember her from a couple of Criminal Minds episodes and think she's a good actress. 

Edited by Prairiemakeup
Edited to add something I forgot I wanted to say!
  • Love 1

I also like Nicole and Dario.  But I'm torn, because AZ and VI have wicked chemistry.

So Kate seems on the fence about putting the frame on Nicole.  Is she blaming Nicole for "murdering" Deimos because she's afraid she will go to jail, or because she wants the Kiriakis money and companies, or what?

Kayla/Steve and Marlena/John were nice today, and the young woman playing Jade is very good.  Too bad she's being wasted on that dolt Joey.

This thing with Ciara and Chad is horrible.  Poor Billy Flynn.  He's been saddled with shit since he first walked on the set and now this?  Why must he be stuck with these awful stories?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Dario & Nicole might work. They're both a little shady, right?

I don't like Dario because he's a con man and Nicole needs a good guy in her life who isn't Judgemental Daniel.

'm starting to warm up to Jade but wonder, does she have parents? 

We saw her father, played for one episode by Real Andrews.

Jeez, I like Lauren Koslow, but she was horrible today, all of the pausing and gasping, it was stereotypical bad soap acting.

Nicole needs to stop snooping if she's going to wear perfume.  :)

They decided to interrupt the last fifteen minutes of the show for non-news news.

• Love 1

If I had never seen this show and watched LK for the first time I would think she is the worst soap actress ever. What was up with that!

• Love 1

I realize it's got to be tiring trying to give decent performances with such schlock writing, but LK had me laughing today.  To be fair, I started laughing when I heard Abigail is at "Shady Hills" (anyone else hear "SHADY PINES, MA!!!" ring through their head?), but Kate's sniveling was really something.  It was equal parts amusing and uncomfortable to watch because of how bad the acting was.  Poor LK.  I like her and think she normally does a great job.  Days has to be soul-sucking.

OMG, when Jade kept whining "this is all my fault" I just wanted Steve and Kayla to whirl around and yell "YES!! IT!!! IS!!!!" She deserves no sympathy, her with her stupid scorpion brand on her hand. What an idiot, and here I mean both her and Joe(y)

• Love 4

Bo and Hope were SO CUTE when they were young. Sometimes I forget just how pretty.

I mean, the cabin scenes were awfully contrived, but that's what chemistry looks like.

That is all.

• Love 4

Apparently Marlena doesn't give a shit about Joey, either, judging by today's show.  And Jawn wasn't exactly biting his nails, either.

Jade is a repellent character, but the actress is good.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wasn't paying strict attention but I thought LK did good work today *shrugs*

She was fine until she started babbling to Phillip.  That part was cringeworthy.  Maybe JPL had an effect on her acting that day.

• Love 2

My Patch and Kayla heart grew twice its size yesterday -- man those two just kill me. They taught a master class in that episode. The only thing is that I may have caught a glimpse of SN's weave, but I choose to believe it was simply the band of his eyepatch. Probably was, in fact. Just forget I mentioned it.

I'm getting resentful of Ciara and have to remind myself constantly that she's a young kid. I'd ff their scenes but then there'd be no Billy Flynn on my TV. And I'm very resentful of Hope, who should be parenting her young daughter. Why do I watch this show when it makes me so angry. Pfffft.

I think Kate got in over her head and is floundering a bit. And with Deimos coming back soon, I assume, this will be short-lived. I hope.

• Love 7

I hope Deimos goes after Kate. It would be nice to see someone get revenge on her for a change and I need her to pay for something since she got away with bringing that child abuser to town and dating him. 

• Love 9

I don't understand why Kate is flustered about Deimos or anything else.  For years, Kate has been a calm, cool, collected sociopath.  It's not like Kate hasn't tried to murder someone before.  When Sami, Kate and Gabi tossed Nick in the river, Kate didn't blink at all.  Gabi was freaking out, Sami was a little worried, and Kate was all, "We picked a good spot to throw him in, time to move on now."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Deimos goes after Kate. It would be nice to see someone get revenge on her for a change and I need her to pay for something since she got away with bringing that child abuser to town and dating him. 

child abuser? That's the tip of the iceberg. MURDERER OF EJ DIMERA! for one. LOL

What actually pisses me off about the Kate/Clyde thing is that she brought him to town bc she was freakin' jealous of his daughter and Rafe? WTF? Kate Roberts isn't that petty. She's a vindictive bitch but she's not petty . 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

child abuser? That's the tip of the iceberg. MURDERER OF EJ DIMERA! for one. LOL

What actually pisses me off about the Kate/Clyde thing is that she brought him to town bc she was freakin' jealous of his daughter and Rafe? WTF? Kate Roberts isn't that petty. She's a vindictive bitch but she's not petty . 

Ha, I forgot all about Clyde and that he was responsible for EJ's death. This show and its loopholes. I think I need a time out : )

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, hippydoo said:

What ever happened to Hope trying to bring down Deimos for Bo's death? Wasn't that a thing? Am I dreaming that? You'd think she'd have a reaction to his "death", right?

I forgot all about that, and I think the writers did too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Loved Theresa's dream, campy as it was. But is it foreshadowing? I don't want Summer anywhere near the Thrady wedding. It's the only bright spot in Dark Salem. Is it strange that I enjoyed seeing Jerk Brady again? Him chewing Theresa out in the dream was a nice throwback to a year ago.

I hate the Deimos storyline, but I want Victor around for as long as possible. Never leave!

Abby sounds exactly the same under intense psychological stress as she does on a regular day. The mask was hilarious. KM deserves this exit.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Too bad Failure didn't die in the fire. I feel like I'm being trolled. She was thisclose to death but the writers chickened out. I felt sorry for Chad, even though he and plot point baby would be better off. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/15/2016 at 3:46 PM, rcc said:

I usually like Victor and his snarky remarks but today he was such a bastard. I wonder if Maggie will find out what he's done to Nicole.

- I  have never been a fan of Victors, but, the show has changed him over the years.. He had a  radically different personality in the 80s and early 90s. Victor was charming . He wasn't a curmudgeon, blunt, crass, sarcastic. He didn't call women whores and bitches. That was never his style. You can understand why Caroline and Loretta(Isabella's mother) both had affairs with him..Even Carly and Kim were intrigued by him..Victor was a ruthless, sophisticated SOB who would squash anybody who got in the way of his many objectives. Now he is bickering with Maggie and throwing out bitchy one-liners like he is in a sitcom.. I remember when Emma had kidnapped Andrew who was believed to be Victor's, thanks to Emma's machinations and she refused to tell Kim and Shane where he was..Victor coldly threatened her without batting an eye..He was so scary  and  effective back then. He  would smile while he sticking  a knife in your  back. You could understand Kim's fear of him..He forced her to break up with Shane without raising his voice or calling her a whore..He just told he that she had to do it or else.... Victor has never been the same after he had a stroke and his breakup with Kate...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Justin: "Salem PD are asking all the right questions."

Victor: "That would be novel."

I love how even in Theresa's dream, Anne is feeling Brady up.  :)

Does anybody ever send only one paramedic?

Awww, Theresa is being mean to Summer.

OMG, "root vegetable".  :D

Go Maggie!

"Mind if I steal ... Justin for a ... minute?" Roman's deep breaths are as bad as Kate's were yesterday.

Nice disco music playing there at the club.

• Love 1

Yeah, Justin sitting there in the morning (who does that?) while a steady stream of people just walk up to him as if being there is totally natural was weird. What nightclub is open in the morning?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, Justin sitting there in the morning (who does that?) while a steady stream of people just walk up to him as if being there is totally natural was weird. What nightclub is open in the morning?

One that's open 24 hours? I dunno, I got nothing.

• Love 3

Chad! This is tragic for him (leaving aside the KM factor) and BF does that bewildered, frightened, sad thing so well. My heart was in my throat during his scenes today. I bet he's looking forward to playing some other kind of emotions soon, yikes.

And yes, that discotheque or whatever it's supposed to be has become an all-purpose gathering place no matter the time of day -- but it always looks and sounds like it's 2 am on a rough night, doesn't it? I've stopped trying to figure out what day it is or what time of day it's supposed to be anyway, I guess. Oh, and speaking of sets -- a few days ago when Victor visited Roman in his office, my first thought was "what's Roman doing in Daniel's office?" They used to try, at least, to vary the accessories or door frames up a bit depending on who was filming, but now they don't even try to trick us anymore.

• Love 3

I still don't get what Theresa sees in Brady that makes her so desperate to be with him. I really think she can do better, and wish the show would write Brady as being more of a catch.

• Love 1
(edited)

First of all, Abigail has never looked better.  Never.  I'd never have thought of decoupaging her face - I would have gone with wallpaper, but it works.  To think Show finally found the perfect look for her and she's leaving.  I know you all feel as bad about that as I do.  

2 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Billy Flynn really brought it at the end of today's episode.

Billy Flynn was excellent all around today.  Poor guy is stuck in a very down storyline and I don't know if it's going to get better, but he sure is a pleasure to watch.

Victor just can't stop lying.  He doesn't want to retire, he doesn't want to leave Salem and he's sure as hell not tired of the fighting and the sniping.  He's the one doing it all the time.  Maggie needs to kick him to the curb.  Trouble is, her old house is full of the Hernandii clan and the last thing she needs is moving in with Jenn and Foghorn Leghorn.

Are you all as drawn into the travails of Summer as I am?  

I thought so.

Edited by boes
  • Love 16

The most entertaining thing that happened today is that tivo's plot sumnary referred to Marlena and Chard. With Vic's remark about Tate, that's two vegetable references in one show!

• Love 4

Brady is a good catch if you like a man who is pretty, wealthy, and not hugely bright - a box of hair may have more going for it. There are really slim pickings in Salem men-wise. I was surprised that a creative person such as Theresa dreams in black and white.

I felt badly for Chad when he realized that his wife is most unwell. A DiMera who is actually going through some real tough times.

Wonder who would be Henery Hawk in the Foghorn Leghorn home. Victor should be a bit more mellow in his old age.

Yep, soon it will be fall and Summer will be over. She ain't Brady's soul connection/soul mate - his only purpose was to find her to reunite her with her long-lost mother. But that just seems to be a plot contrivance. Doubt she'd care too much about Maggie if she was poor as a churchmouse.

• Love 3

My favorite line of the week - classic Victor at his best, on Brady - "Now maybe he'll give me an heir that's not named after a root vegetable."

Did anyone NOT expect Abigail's face to be burned - they are switching out the actor, so, perfect segue.  

• Love 2