Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'll be the odd man out and say I don't feel badly for Chase at all. I never cared much for the SORASed version, so that may be why. I'm just happy to see a rapist universally scorned for once! Andre's support doesn't count, because I still get predator vibes from all of their interactions, and, well, it's Andre.
I agree that the acting is off, but I don't mind Ciara's post-rape demeanor. There's no one way to be a rape victim, and writing-wise, I can't find any fault in the way that Ciara's is behaving. 

But, I do join you all in the Theo love!

• Love 7

I've stopped feeling sorry for Chase a long time ago. It's clear to me that he's beyond any help. I don't understand why they're dragging this story out any longer than it has to. Are they waiting for Chase to die a brutal death either by something or someone or maybe by his own hand? I just don't get it. If they aren't gonna bother redeeming this character why keep him around? Just get another random nonrelated teen to add to the group. Who cares anymore? 

• Love 6

The fact that some of us are feeling sympathy for  a rapist like Chase shows that this storyline was dead on a arrival. We are supposed to feel nothing, but contempt for a rapist. I wish soaps would stop doing rape storylines. I am not comfortable with these mixed feelings that this story is invoking in me...

• Love 6

Add me to the list of people feeling sorry for Chase.  Whether it's intentional or not, I think the actor is successfully portraying remorse, guilt, and desperation.  When I see him, I don't see an adult, I still see a child and I can't help but feel bad that he doesn't have anyone in his corner.  I'm also disappointed that Hope hasn't done anything to offer guidance to him.  I know her primary role is to support Ciara, but Hope has in effect been Chase's surrogate mother for many years.  Wouldn't a parent want to support and get help for their child when they do something wrong--no matter how awful?  We have this story playing at the same time that Joey murdered someone and his parents are covering up for him.  Oh, and at the same time that Hope also murdered someone and Eric accidentally killed someone and Deimos attempted to kill Maggie and left Victor to die. 

I can't help but wonder if a redemption arc is in store for Chase because he's the only person in all these current murderous stories who is universally disliked. 

• Love 8

Add me to the list of people feeling sorry for Chase.  Whether it's intentional or not, I think the actor is successfully portraying remorse, guilt, and desperation.  When I see him, I don't see an adult, I still see a child and I can't help but feel bad that he doesn't have anyone in his corner.  I'm also disappointed that Hope hasn't done anything to offer guidance to him.  I know her primary role is to support Ciara, but Hope has in effect been Chase's surrogate mother for many years.  Wouldn't a parent want to support and get help for their child when they do something wrong--no matter how awful?  We have this story playing at the same time that Joey murdered someone and his parents are covering up for him.  Oh, and at the same time that Hope also murdered someone and Eric accidentally killed someone and Deimos attempted to kill Maggie and left Victor to die. 

I can't help but wonder if a redemption arc is in store for Chase because he's the only person in all these current murderous stories who is universally disliked. 

I think I'm kinda on the same wavelength as you here. This kid had his mom die (he did it so far). Then his dad was killed while trying to kill his stepmom. He has no family except Hope and Ciara. Hope was too busy covering up her own murder of Stefano to pay attention to him.

I am in NO way excusing his rape of Ciara. He should pay for that, definitely.

I do however, agree that everyone else in Salem gets a pass b/c they have family to back them up. Chase doesn't.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think I'm kinda on the same wavelength as you here. This kid had his mom die (he did it so far). Then his dad was killed while trying to kill his stepmom. He has no family except Hope and Ciara. Hope was too busy covering up her own murder of Stefano to pay attention to him.

I do however, agree that everyone else in Salem gets a pass b/c they have family to back them up. Chase doesn't.

What was the point of giving him an ornament on the Horton Tree..It was such a moving scene with Chase and the rest of the Hortons...The actor killed that scene..I have a feeling that Higley meant for Chase to be in a triangle with Ciara and Claire..There were hints of that when she was in control..Once Griffith took control,  he could not help himself with his rape fetish, he turned him into a rapist and Ciara his victim..I loved Ciara/Chase sibling vibe under Tomsell...They were so cute, calling each other bro and sis, even  before Haiden even got married...What a waste! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I did not like Steve and Kayla's dialogue today. Not after the chili scenes. She is supposed to be angry that he was exonerated (Hoooray for the ISA! Hip hip Hooooray for plot contrivance!) and her dumb son got away with murder (even though Steve brought the situation on them...which, whatever, I can't not see the stupid writers in everything)?

Weird. And kudos, as always, to Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans for giving this garbage their all.

I love Drake Hogestyn when it looks like he is having fun.

And Justin..I think the phrase you were looking for was "WTF?" Would have been fun to have Adrienne in the room supporting her brother, that she adored, and who almost went to prison willingly for her.

I would take Judi Evans with Wally Kurth, Stephen Nichols, Vincent Irizarry (how cool would that be?!)...don't know who she pissed off because she is a gem.

• Love 6

I did not like Steve and Kayla's dialogue today. Not after the chili scenes. She is supposed to be angry that he was exonerated (Hoooray for the ISA! Hip hip Hooooray for plot contrivance!) and her dumb son got away with murder (even though Steve brought the situation on them...which, whatever, I can't not see the stupid writers in everything)?

Weird. And kudos, as always, to Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans for giving this garbage their all.

I love Drake Hogestyn when it looks like he is having fun.

And Justin..I think the phrase you were looking for was "WTF?" Would have been fun to have Adrienne in the room supporting her brother, that she adored, and who almost went to prison willingly for her.

I would take Judi Evans with Wally Kurth, Stephen Nichols, Vincent Irizarry (how cool would that be?!)...don't know who she pissed off because she is a gem.

If the show wanted to mime the history between Adrienne/Steve, they should have had Adrienne figure out that Steve was covering up for Joey..They could have had Kayla overhear them argue about it and drama ensues between Stayla...

• Love 2

What was the point of giving him an ornament on the Horton Tree..It was such a moving scene with Chase and the rest of the Hortons...The actor killed that scene..I have a feeling that Higley meant for Chase to be in a triangle with Ciara and Claire..There were hints of that when she was in control..Once Griffith took control,  he could not help himself with his rape fetish, he turned him into a rapist and Ciara his victim..I loved Ciara/Chase sibling vibe under Tomsell...They were so cute, calling each other bro and sis, even  before Haiden even got married...What a waste! 

I agree. That scene with the ornament was beautiful. His emotion was fierce. He was a part of that family for about a week before Griffith took control.

Even after the rape obsession, they could mine this character. I'm not a huge fan of the actor irl but he's got some talent. He could play the good vs bad pretty well, imo.

• Love 3

If the show wanted to mime the history between Adrienne/Steve, they should have had Adrienne figure out that Steve was covering up for Joey..They could have had Kayla overhear them argue about it and drama ensues between Stayla...

Right. So then what is the reason they don't even want to attempt to put out a decent show? Because it really wouldn't be that hard. Judi Evans could have fit in that little room today, and there have to be better writers out there, so it must be money. Show has no interest in being much more than what it is.

You can still perform good dialogue and overall story on small sets.

• Love 3

Maggie giving me Joan Crawford Mommie Dearest tease in the hospital bed. I really like Nikki and Maggie's faux mother-daughter relationship.

Ms Van Dame giving me Diane Miller tease. Ava is linked to terrorism, security threat or whatever. Seems like Steve might get cleared of charges.

Phillip shows up to Thrady's apartment wants to know what happened to his daddy.

How Insulting. Maggie says she talked Sarah and Melissa out of seeing her yet we see a Taniel picture.

So another coverup.

• Love 2

Deimos is getting an icky obsession with Nicole. I like that connection that hes making that Victor married Nicole all those years ago because she looks like Helena. Now thats how you connect history, Days!!!

Yes, that!

• Love 4

Add me to the list of people feeling sorry for Chase. Whether it's intentional or not, I think the actor is successfully portraying remorse, guilt, and desperation. When I see him, I don't see an adult, I still see a child and I can't help but feel bad that he doesn't have anyone in his corner. I'm also disappointed that Hope hasn't done anything to offer guidance to him.

Oh please. Hope tried making that kid a part of her family BEFORE she murdered Stefano and he kept being emo and withdraw it. She even kept a roof over his head when he kept wanting to go back to his Aunt. She even made him a Horton during Christmas. Hope cared for the kid but he made the choice to turn into a semi-incestous-raper. Plus how the hell would she know or predicted the sweet boy would turn into a creepy rapist. I have no sympathy for him, least not right now. He has to pay for what he did and not to mention he blew it big time.

Summer's Eve is still useless but I'll allow her scenes with Maggie. Just until she's released from the hospital.

I'm shocked Victor actually showed appreciation to Nicole for saving his life.

Jade is...unnecessary and probably a serial killer.

Last time we saw Kayla and Steve they were semi-reconciled and now she's calling off the engagement. I guess Kayla's change of heart happened off screen. 

• Love 7

Right. So then what is the reason they don't even want to attempt to put out a decent show? Because it really wouldn't be that hard. Judi Evans could have fit in that little room today, and there have to be better writers out there, so it must be money. Show has no interest in being much more than what it is.

You can still perform good dialogue and overall story on small sets.

Exactly! Wally and Judy were on contract, there is no reason that their connections on the show were not used accordingly..Griffith was not interested in writing for them..Higley's story was  for them and Lucas were scrapped and edited out of the show, once he took over...

• Love 1

Jade is...unnecessary and probably a serial killer.

We're on the same page.

I'm not feeling this chemistry, least not yet, between Jade and Joey. Maybe because she's so random and doesn't have a strong back story yet. She's a cute girl but something isn't ringing true about her.

• Love 3
(edited)

We're on the same page.

I'm not feeling this chemistry, least not yet, between Jade and Joey. Maybe because she's so random and doesn't have a strong back story yet. She's a cute girl but something isn't ringing true about her.

Not to mention, the way that she smugly told Kayla that she knew about the cover-up..She reminded me too much of Ava Vitali in that scene..There was an air of contempt for Kayla in her brief interaction with her...It can't be said enough, Joey is too stupid to live...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Not to mention, the way that she smugly told Kayla that she knew about the cover-up..She reminded me too much of Ava Vitali in that scene..There was an air of contempt for Kayla in her brief interaction with her...It can't be said enough, Joey is too stupid to live...

She could be a niece or a sister. Joey is giving me Austin/Austin Peck slowness the last several months.

• Love 3

At least Austin had a nice body...He was pretty..What does Joey bring to the table...Nothing..

I guess the good body can makeup for a complete block head some of the males are in soaps, yes.

• Love 2

I guess the good body can makeup for a complete block head some of the males are in soaps, yes.

Exactly..Xander was hot ..what a man! he had it all to be a good anti-hero like Victor was, when he came on the show..

• Love 2

We're on the same page.

Jade is creepy, shows sick-making detachment from others' normal expressions of anxiety or emotion, and is smarmily superior to boot. The detachment isn't teenage smartass-itude, either: Joey [more on him later] tells her why he's upset, and she quips jauntily something about a police procedural script. Way to pay out the line, girly...Joey's not much of a catch.

I can't be neutral about the Joey character--he's got everything but snot dripping from his nose when he tries to do upset--I just want to throw a kleenex box at the screen. Blockheaded stupid, I say. How did he happen?

And this too. The kid is rude, contemptuous, and obviously working a plan. I don't want her near Kayla, about whom I always have protective instincts. Yes, call me dumb, but...

OTOH, I am loving AZ--she brought it in that scene with Deimos!

• Love 8

Yes, that!

I would agree, but I'm too busy mumbling to myself off in a corner about how Another World did this better.

And regarding Jade - I was totally speculating. It's just a long word to type.

• Love 2

Wow, Theresa's hair is an odd gold color, but it's really pretty.

Are they going to have Victor coming around to accept Nicole just as Deimos becomes obsessed with her?

"I would do anything to have a father like you."  Well, that clinches it, Jade is Steve's daughter.

Why the sudden Kayla turnaround after the loving she and Steve were doing the night before?

• Love 6

Wow, Theresa's hair is an odd gold color, but it's really pretty.

Are they going to have Victor coming around to accept Nicole just as Deimos becomes obsessed with her?

"I would do anything to have a father like you."  Well, that clinches it, Jade is Steve's daughter.

Why the sudden Kayla turnaround after the loving she and Steve were doing the night before?

If this happens, I will be out..I had to live with Chelsea, but, I will refuse to watch Ava's spawn torture Kayla...

• Love 7

We're on the same page.

Jade is creepy, shows sick-making detachment from others' normal expressions of anxiety or emotion, and is smarmily superior to boot. The detachment isn't teenage smartass-itude, either: Joey [more on him later] tells her why he's upset, and she quips jauntily something about a police procedural script. Way to pay out the line, girly...Joey's not much of a catch.

I can't be neutral about the Joey character--he's got everything but snot dripping from his nose when he tries to do upset--I just want to throw a kleenex box at the screen. Blockheaded stupid, I say. How did he happen?

And this too. The kid is rude, contemptuous, and obviously working a plan. I don't want her near Kayla, about whom I always have protective instincts. Yes, call me dumb, but...

She is clearly showing signs of instability and her conversations with people smack of someone who is deeply delusional -- yes, everyone sees where this story is headed, complete with the dimwitted men in Kayla's life not seeing what is so clearly evident. I guess she hasn't suffered enough because of their collected sense of knowing more than her. Interesting that neither Steve nor his moronic spawn remember what happened the last time they told Kayla her crazy skank senses were off. Joey is just stupid, but as Kayla said, Steve keeps skating on things and it starts putting blinders on ones eyes in regards to the truth.

As for Kayla and Steve, I agree this turn appears to have come from nowhere. I for one have no problem with her holding Steve accountable for the hell that he consistently brings to her life, following his latest promise to be honest, to change, to no longer keep things from her, etc. However, if the show's intention is to play that beat, it needed to be done in a way which does not demonize Kayla, who is the wronged party in all of this. Some perspective from Kayla was needed. Let's see her talk to Marlena and/or Hope about how she was feeling. Let her call her sister Kimberly and voice her concerns. These things, as well as a tacit admission that she feels obligated to swallow her anger and support Steve in his time of need, are reminiscent of wwhomKayla has always been (this is how Steve got her to marry and then stay with Jack, which as in this case resulted in disaster for Kayla). Hell, have Kayla look in the mirror when she is alone and say something like, "I can't leave Steve while he is facing jail for a murder Joey committed, but how do I tell him what I really feel if things work out." Something as simple as that would have let viewers know that contrary to what Steve thought was happening, all was not right in his relationship with Kayla, and quite frankly, based on where they were when Ava was killed, nothing should have been right. Kayla had asked Steve to leave her home, she pulled away from Steve and told him not to touch her or call her Sweetness. She couldn't bare to be in his presence. What we had was a fractured relationship (complete with their whiney, moronic son, having a hissy fit, making everything about himself and demanding that his mother forgive his father) and the out of synch beat was the insta-reconciliation. However, since this show is often questionably written, we did not get scenes that logically went with what we knew the issues were. Instead, we get Steve and Kayla, seemingly back together as a couple, having a romantic night followed by talk of running away to salvage their family, followed by the, "I can't take the nonsense anymore" conversation that seemingly came from nowhere.

I'm liking where the story is going with Nicole. She needs to be pulled out of the orbit of Brady and Theresa and brought back to prominence with the heavy-hitting actors on the show.

As for Maggie, why would her daughters need to be present, when we can be subjected to a photo of The Tan Deity (I'm sure the show will tell us how it contains healing properties) and Summer's Eve, a person who is only slightly more tolerable than Jade, and that's simply because I refuse to believe she is going to turn out to be Maggie's daughter, so I still have hope that she will not be long for the show.

Victor calling Deimos evil is like Joey calling Brady dimwitted.

• Love 10

She is clearly showing signs of instability and her conversations with people smack of someone who is deeply delusional -- yes, everyone sees where this story is headed, complete with the dimwitted men in Kayla's life not seeing what is so clearly evident. I guess she hasn't suffered enough because of their collected sense of knowing more than her. Interesting that neither Steve nor his moronic spawn remember what happened the last time they told Kayla her crazy skank senses were off. Joey is just stupid, but as Kayla said, Steve keeps skating on things and it starts putting blinders on ones eyes in regards to the truth.

As for Kayla and Steve, I agree this turn appears to have come from nowhere. I for one have no problem with her holding Steve accountable for the hell that he consistently brings to her life, following his latest promise to be honest, to change, to no longer keep things from her, etc. However, if the show's intention is to play that beat, it needed to be done in a way which does not demonize Kayla, who is the wronged party in all of this. Some perspective from Kayla was needed. Let's see her talk to Marlena and/or Hope about how she was feeling. Let her call her sister Kimberly and voice her concerns. These things, as well as a tacit admission that she feels obligated to swallow her anger and support Steve in his time of need, are reminiscent of wwhomKayla has always been (this is how Steve got her to marry and then stay with Jack, which as in this case resulted in disaster for Kayla). Hell, have Kayla look in the mirror when she is alone and say something like, "I can't leave Steve while he is facing jail for a murder Joey committed, but how do I tell him what I really feel if things work out." Something as simple as that would have let viewers know that contrary to what Steve thought was happening, all was not right in his relationship with Kayla, and quite frankly, based on where they were when Ava was killed, nothing should have been right. Kayla had asked Steve to leave her home, she pulled away from Steve and told him not to touch her or call her Sweetness. She couldn't bare to be in his presence. What we had was a fractured relationship (complete with their whiney, moronic son, having a hissy fit, making everything about himself and demanding that his mother forgive his father) and the out of synch beat was the insta-reconciliation. However, since this show is often questionably written, we did not get scenes that logically went with what we knew the issues were. Instead, we get Steve and Kayla, seemingly back together as a couple, having a romantic night followed by talk of running away to salvage their family, followed by the, "I can't take the nonsense anymore" conversation that seemingly came from nowhere.

I'm liking where the story is going with Nicole. She needs to be pulled out of the orbit of Brady and Theresa and brought back to prominence with the heavy-hitting actors on the show.

As for Maggie, why would her daughters need to be present, when we can be subjected to a photo of The Tan Deity (I'm sure the show will tell us how it contains healing properties) and Summer's Eve, a person who is only slightly more tolerable than Jade, and that's simply because I refuse to believe she is going to turn out to be Maggie's daughter, so I still have hope that she will not be long for the show.

Victor calling Deimos evil is like Joey calling Brady dimwitted.

Your post is spot on, especially about Steve and Kayla..Kayla has never really had agency on the show.  She exists simply to pull Steve from his pit of misery..Look at what the show did to her, when Steve "died". I don't even want to mention the name of that abominable coupling that we  were forced to endure....I want Steve and Kayla to be endgame, but, the writers need to give us a reason why they belong together..Ava is just a symptom of what has always been wrong in the Stayla relationship....I wish that  we had more skillful writers that would examine their relationship honestly and not make excuses for Steve.

• Love 6

The fact that some of us are feeling sympathy for  a rapist like Chase shows that this storyline was dead on a arrival. We are supposed to feel nothing, but contempt for a rapist. I wish soaps would stop doing rape storylines. I am not comfortable with these mixed feelings that this story is invoking in me...

This exactly.  Rape is wrong and horrible, I should feel nothing but contempt for him.  yet I still feel this sadness for him and want someone to reach out and help him.  I don't like how any of this has been done.  They never should have had Chase rape Ciara.  Too many other storylines have been destroyed with the younger set when they did this.  They could have had him even get too close but pull away before he did anything, and Ciara still be freaked out by it.  Then they could have worked through those issues without it being the point of no return.  That entire plot gives me an icky feeling and I just would rather it all go away at this point...

And yet again we see and hear people cry over Daniel...and all I think about in these moments is when was the last time anyone in Salem mentioned the name Bo Brady?!  

• Love 12

FYI-I've posted a link to Mary Beth Evans's AfterbuzzTV interview in the Behind the Scenes board-- she does discuss some current storyline stuff as well as how she felt receiving her FIRST EVER Emmy nomination-- good stuff.

• Love 5

So we have Justin on yesterday and today to visit Victor and for the Steve thing(No Adrienne in sight..) but they can't have him run into Uncle Deimos at the hospital?

Unlike Brady and Philip, I would assume Justin has a history with his Uncle of the same age.

Plus he's the DA and Deimos is a criminal.... But let's have more Deimos and dimwit Phil.

• Love 2

Someone summed up Kayla perfect on yesterday's episode. I couldn't agree more

2cqgxn7.png

^^^ I was about to say the same thing...what are the odds that Jade turns out be Joey's sister AFTER they sleep together?

God, with how Josh Griffith writes

• Love 2

To be fair, the chili party was the night before Steve was about to serve ten years.  She must have kept her mouth shut about the upside of getting rid of him because when he was let off on a lie, she went into mom mode.  I don't see a disconnect there. 

Summer.  Good dog Summer.  She's  my mom and I'm going to see her anyway and I won't upset her.  Only I will make her cry for her dead tan egg baby and make it all about myself.  And make it all about myself over and over even though I say I'm not going to do that because I'm not good at these things and my family hated me but it's not all about me.  But let me tell you my history some more.......   

Nicky is feeling awful because she is more of a daughter (in law) than Summer. 

I like how they're setting up a connection between her and Vic only to

have her connect with Demon as I've been led to believe

so she will be front burnered. I hope Summer is out of the Brady sphere for now

and it's worse since I read she's leaving

• Love 1

Well, my TV cable box decided to wig out yesterday -- was in the middle of a conference call for work and it started screaming like a banshee. Only thing I could do is unplug it; now waiting on the cable fix-it guy to come fix it. Anyway, I missed yesterday's episode but hope to catch some online later today. But I have to say your comments are disturbing! Especially Steve and Kayla -- what??

(edited)

Joey wants to pay for what he did and probably hopes Jade will out him.

Where is Shawn D.  He is just as much a grandson as Brady but no where in sight.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

To be fair, the chili party was the night before Steve was about to serve ten years.  She must have kept her mouth shut about the upside of getting rid of him because when he was let off on a lie, she went into mom mode.  I don't see a disconnect there

But, she offered to run away with him, and that line was delivered most sincerely.

• Love 3

Now that I've watched the episode, I see a bit more clearly why Kayla did that -- especially after seeing Joey with that young girl. I understand her impulse, I guess. But come on, Kayla, it's STEVE. 

Great scenes between Nicole and Victor - I hope she gets some good story. I ff'd through the rest although I rewound several times to watch Justin flail around all out of the loop. Very satisfying : )

• Love 1

Oh, I see. Yeah, Justin should have some knowledge of Deimos, since he would, at least have been in his later teens when it all went down. An uncle who killed the bride of another uncle, especially one around your same age is a lot to have slipped your mind.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ok I might observate some of the other scenes today but the Ben vs Failure scenes are TOP PRIORITY today and tomorrow.

Abifail is dreaming of making love to Chad but it's Ben. She wakes up (where is Freddy Kruger she wouldn't had woke up

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1